Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: What do you think is the main reason that you are/were overweight?
It's heredity 4 12.50%
Slow metabolism 2 6.25%
Thyroid problem 1 3.13%
I'm an emotional eater 11 34.38%
Drugs that I'm taking caused this 1 3.13%
From having a baby 3 9.38%
If I was 6ft tall I wouldn't be overweight! 1 3.13%
****, I just love food, and lots of it too! 8 25.00%
Other 1 3.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2001, 10:22 AM   #46  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Wednesday Morning!

Well, it's WEIGH IN WEDNESDAY and for some they'll look at this as WONDERFUL WIW and others it will be WOE IS ME WIW! I take the later! I'm down from yesterday, yet up from last week and still even more up from my all time low-though I know it's from being mid-cycle, I still don't like seeing it! Hope it's better for the rest of you!

SPARKLE, if you saw my frown at 129, you should of seen my real face when I stepped on the scale and saw 130.5 yesterday! That was really a shocker! Back down to 129, so will take that better today. I guess seeing that 125.5 2 weeks ago was just too wonderful and I thought I'd be seeing my low cushion goal soon. Now, I'm just hoping to see my EOM goal of 127. You are so right, those numbers can do a number on us. Once I hit my 124 cushion goal, I will stuff the scale away and only pull it out on WIW. What wonderful willpower you showed during that lunch with your boss and that dessert-good for you! Like Eli said yesterday when we went to the movies and he offered me some popcorn, which of course I declined "what's a movie without popcorn" and I replied, "hopefully, a good movie!" I don't feel I need to eat something in particular to have a good time somewhere. You sound like you cook really well, I love fish, but hate to cook it! Have you tried carob instead of cocoa-it's wonderful!!! Have a great time on your trip, and remember, there are Trader Joes near DC!!!!

BELINDA, sorry the download took so long and you missed chat, but here's hoping for next week. That will be nice that your mother will be so close to you now. I hope the move goes smoothly for her, and you I don't really care for low-carb bars, but in a case of emergency, I would say the ones from WORLDWIDE SPORTS NUTRITION PURE PROTEIN bars are the best I have tried, particularly the peanut butter and the choc. deluxe-but I only had a couple before I decided that I could find something, like a piece of fruit, to eat in an emergency-but that's my opinion on the bar I would recommend if you wanted any of them. I am going to try to make a carob dessert, if it comes out good, will post the recipe-that would be something good you could have that's desserty! Sorry, I can't help on the Chinese, hate Chinese food (though I like Thai), what I do is ASK what's in everything-tell them you are highly allergic to sugar and corn startch and need to know-trust me, they'll tell you rather than take the risk of an possible law suit if you were really allergic and got sick!!!

NANCE, seems you must be running around with Dan being gone. Tried you again a bit after 7pm YOUR TIME-no answer-where've you been?????

Okay gals, gonna go-trying to get ready for a garage sale this weekend. Trying to determine if what I have is worth taking the time to sell, or should I just give it to charity-mostly clothing-lots to go through out in the patio, can't even walk out there!

Will check in with you all later!

Toodles

Debbie
194/129/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 07-25-2001, 11:11 AM   #47  

Default Hey Deb!!!!!!!!!!

Please excuse my rudeness for not answering back about the agave, stevia, and, ballboostas I liked the ballboostas. Where can I find those????? I haven't used the agave and stevia yet!!!! I am saving for special occasion. I want to try to bake some goodies, and haven't before because I didn't have any agave. The stevia, I shld try in my coffee.......I have a weird thing about hating to use up goodies that are given to me as a gift!!!! OHHH... I have enjoyed the Starbucks too. Please be sure to tell Eli for me

UPDATE - Just poured another cup of coffee and sweetened with one packet of stevia.... I like it To be honest.. I could use 2 packets, is that bad, Deb???????

Ok...... well gotta get some "chores" done around here. Everything fell by the wayside while my neices were here Mon & Tues!!!!!!!! I need to get my "lawnmower ride" in before we leave tomorrow afternoon for the hills............
Old 07-25-2001, 11:19 AM   #48  

Default WIW

Still up a bit, but I will live with it for now...... 122, still up 1 1/2lbs from my low. It has been a topsy turvy last 2-3 weeks Lots I just haven't been able to post about. Maybe I will get a chance before I leave tomorrow.

SPARKLE- Have a great time on your trip!!!!!!!! Thanks for the compliment on my sis and me I will be posting recent pics soon. Or Deb will, one......

Mary - As always, enjoyed our chat this morning. Have fun with mom today If you find that Prevention article, let me know!!!!!!

Ok, ladies... I will try to respond more later. This whole week, I have been moving at a snailssssssssss pace. This is a picture of what I SHOULD being doing right now
Old 07-25-2001, 11:21 AM   #49  
Wife, Mother, Goddess

Quick post, as I am at work.....UGH!

I am up 2 pounds. No excuses, just under stress and have been eating fast food take out too much! Today is a new day though!
Just wanted to let you all know I've been lurking, just haven't had gobs of time lately to do a proper post, but I am positive things will calm down shortly!

SolWHERE ARE YOU????? Have you returned from that class reunion, or did you all decide to abandon your responsibilites and fly to Cabo San Lucas?

Deb
I will TALK with you tonight!!!

BOBI need to get BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZED! Falling off and over Niagra Falls!

Ciao!
Old 07-25-2001, 12:16 PM   #50  
aka Zippy LiverFace

Talking LOOK OUT!!!!!!!!

GREETINGS!! I’M BAAAAAACK!!!!

I’m glad to report that I stayed under 200 lbs. my first few days back to eating real food. I’m at 199 and hopefully will be able to really start going back down. I do have a yummilicious recipe for French Onion Soup to post tomorrow. My office mate tried it and he said it was better than any fine restaurant’s version. (This is pretty much all I ate last week)

I had a blast at the reunion. We had about 50 people show up out of the 250 I graduated with. My mom came to the afternoon picnic and got to see everyone, too. She and my dad were 2 of the favorite chaperones for almost everything we did. Everyone was glad to get to see her – (amazing how much “cooler” she is now that I’m a wee bit older – she’s a lot smarter, too, but don’t tell her that!) Almost all of us have been going to school together since kindergarten so it was more like a family reunion than the stereo-typical competitive, judgemental reunions I kept hearing about. No one was “dressed to impress” and at the picnic many people had on very casual shorts and t-shirts. The dance Saturday night was a blast – we grooved the night away to the funky 80’s music we grew up with – “Baby Got Back”, “Funky Gold Medina”, etc. They had put together a great presentation of us travelling through life with pictures of many of us from kindergarten, grade school and high school finishing with wedding pictures and pictures of the kids. Vince played “Sonya’s husband” very well and even had some great conversations with other patient spouses. I’ll certainly be contacting the people who weren’t there to tell them what a great time they missed and to make sure they stay in touch so we can have a bigger turn-out for the 20th. Most everyone looked the same – some a little “rounder” and only a few a lot “rounder”. One girl said I looked exactly the same, just darker hair. (I’m 50 lbs. heavier than I was in h.s. so I don’t know if that’s a compliment or not ) She was pretty tanked and I wore clothes to cover my fat, so maybe I do look the same to her.

I’m getting caught up on the posts and, hopefully, time permitting, will be back in the swing of things soon. Our plane didn’t get in until 2am Monday morning and I had to be at work at 7:30am. UGH!! I’m still hacking all over the place, but it is getting better, thankfully. The coughing at night has come to a minimum so Vince can sleep with me again. (With both of us coughing so much we had been sleeping in separate beds for a while.)

One of our biggest clients just laid off 4000 people and a lot of those being our contacts we have a hiring freeze on right now and our dept. is down 2 people (one gone, one on maternity leave) so I’ll be really busy for a while. I don’t get to hop on the ‘puter much at home so usually I’m at work when I post. I’ll be on when I can.

Glad to be back !!
Old 07-25-2001, 12:37 PM   #51  

Default Morning

well I am not up but not down not that I reallly excpected to be down have been eating horrendously this week my only saving grace has been the fact that I am still working out.Heres praying I do better this week.

BOB...so sorry about your pain I hope it lets up soon for you.Other than labour I think mouth pain is the worst you can have.I remember when I had to have a root canal ....man what pain until I had it done then I could have kissed my dentist for relieving that pain for me.Kind of like my anastieoligst sp???? when I got my epideral I swear he had a glowing halo above his head
Sef....Thanks for your prayers and the chat last night.I appreciate your help on trying to get me back on track.
Melf....Sorry I didnt get to chat with you longer,next time I will try to make it on earlier.Yes I thank God every day for my son Derek he is a ray of sunshine and I am in awe that God gave him to me.The story about you daughter made me smile I remember when I was pregnant with Derek I wanted twins so badly and then after I had Derek I was so thankful that God knew me better than I knew myself cause there is no way i could have handled twins
Deb...Thanks for you reflection on the miscariages I hope I didnt bring back any bad memories for you,sometimes when your going through something like this you feel like your the only one,at least I did I could see past my own pain for awhile there.I will remember your thoughts on hindsight next time I go to grab some pizza
Sparkle...Yes I got the braids down proffesionally I am really starting to love them at first I didnt like them that much cause they were heavy and I didnt know what to do with all this hair I had very very short hair before so I had to learn how to style it etc etc but now I have adjusted and it will be weird to go back to short when I get them out.I am looking forward to your email and you have a great vacation will miss you

for everyone else hope wiw was good for you have a great day
Kymn
Old 07-25-2001, 02:43 PM   #52  

Happy WIW to all of you losers Hope the scale was nicer to all of you than it was to me. But then, that IS my fault & not that of the scale. I'm afraid that I'm still up since Sunday. 150 is a number that I had hoped not to see ever again, but it's been the same the last 3 days. I am swollen cause my feet & ankles show it, & I know that I'm not drinking enough water, so I'll get right to work on that.

Will post more later. SOLSHINE so good to see you back on board!! horrah!! Missed you & glad to hear that your reunion was a BLAST!

Went to pick up Mom at the Nursing Home to come spend the day, so let me get off of here & spend some time with her. Later gals,
174/150/140
Old 07-25-2001, 02:55 PM   #53  
sef

Good afternoon everyone. I started to type morning, day is going quickly.
Old 07-25-2001, 03:12 PM   #54  
sef

OOOOOOPS!!!!!!!

WIW was good to me. But Kymn, I lied! Yes that's me. Dizzy or stupid, can't subtract apparently. I've lost only 46# not 48! Actually the scale keep wavering between between 52 and 53, but the type soul that I am I will take the lower number. Of course next week I will be perturbed because it hasn't gone down as I would like! Oh well cross that bridge..........!

That's a loss of 5 pounds this week, after sitting at the same place for so long! I really have been sitting here too long so will not give my erudite opinion on the posts. I just hope all did well today.

I'm getting brave in my dotage and playing with colors! I hope they come out!

My head is full of facts and figures from reading up on insurance plans! I think I will have to read and then think a while and go back to read! One plan has free membership at a health club and they have exercise classes for old f---s lioke me! Mustn't talk like that!

Well, I must move around a bit. Take care, sef
Old 07-25-2001, 04:00 PM   #55  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Hey Y'all!

Taking a break from surfing the web for airfare deals to Vegas/Calif.-boy, it can be taxing on a gal!

Not much going on down here-Eli is working late tonight, so it's just me and Michael for the evening. May watch an old movie I ordered if there's nothing on the boob tube-def. will hit the hay early tonight. Eli's off tomorrow and we're planning a day out with his daughter Denise if my Mom will pick Michael up from school-def. an Ole Ole day tomorrow!

AMSER, glad you liked the Balboostas. I get them at the HFS up in Broward. I've only bought the one bag since I don't eat them all that often, though they are just about gone, so will go buy some when BOB comes to visit. You can order them on the net, but shipping would probably make them not worth it-they're from Germany. I use 1 1/2pkts of stevia in my milkshakes (about 25 ounces), each persons tastes of sweets are different, so use what you like, just don't use too much, then it tastes nasty-bitter and a bit like licorice! Hope you bake something yummy with the agave nectar!

NANCE, you MUST get rid of that stress girl, it's no good any which way! Will be calling you tonight!!!

SOL, glad to see you back and posting. Sounds like you had an awesome time at the reunion and that you were able to come home and find yourself still under 200! WOO HOO!!! Recipe sounds yummy, can't wait to see it!

AR, hey, at least, like you said, you didn't gain-the exercise does help when the eating has been yucky! Don't worry, it seems the majority of us didn't lose this week, so you're in good company. Nope, no bad memories are brought back by me mentioning the miscarriages. Actually, I look at it in the way that if I didn't have them, I wouldn't have the 2 great kids I have now!!!! Honestly, I believe there's a reason for everything, and the ones I had may of been blessings in disguise!

MELF, hey, I know how you feel, 130 wasn't a number I wanted to see again either-but I did. Don't worry, things WILL turn around and down! Hope you have a nice day with Mom!

SEF, glad to see WIW was good for one of us here! CONGRATS on that big 5lb loss-whatever it was that you lost!! LOL!! Glad to see the poopie patrol paid off for you this week!!!! Seemed to help me a bit as well between yesterday and today! Hey, you did good with the colors!!!!

Okay, gotta go, Michael has requested time on the computer. Will check in later.

PLEASE REMEMBER TOMORROW IS RECIPE DAY!!! If you have any SB LEGAL RECIPES you'd like to share with the board, please, try to post them by tomorrow

Toodles

Debbie
194/129/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 07-25-2001, 05:18 PM   #56  

Default It must be summer!

It must be summer must be the only reason there is little posts today!!! Glad to know we all have busy schedules.

My my weight is exactly the same as last week. Not worried with that water gain & loss. I realize this seems to be a pattern here on the board and with me (week 1 8 lbs;week 2 none;week 3 2 lbs & now week 4 none) and the experts say 1-2 lbs a week is good. I've been super busy getting house ready for dad, sister & family. My dad who is a Texan flew in today until Monday. He's in town for business. My sister (from Maryland) is coming in on Saturday morn' and I'm hosting a BBQ for dad and my two brothers family & sister on Saturday so you won't be hearing much from me until Sunday. When they are all gone. I love getting together with my brothers. They live just 45 minutes away but are too "busy" to get together more than 2-3 times a year. Men. I'm sorry I missed chat. Son was on-line and some days it's not worth it to pry him off. Holding out for next week.

Welcome Grinch! Any significane to the name? Sounds like you're off to a great start. I don't have a clue why we don't succeed when we know how to do it. As a matter of fact, I'm living proof!!!

Gator-Have you tried TM with upbeat music? That always gets me revving. Really kick butt songs. See if that don't motivate you some.

Am-Lovely pictures. It looks so peaceful there! What a handsome family you have. Can't wait to see the rest. Hope you are getting back in the swing of homelife or at least caught up on the laundry

Sef-You "dookie" story didn't bother me a bit. Did remind me of a time I searched the internet about DETOXING the body. One message board was filled with vivid descriptions of their daily dookies. They definitely would have "one up'd" those seniors. Trust me I didn't go there again!!! You put it perfectly when you said the "I feel bad and deserve a break" eating. Done that plenty of times. Family reunions are the perfect time to see all bad habits at once. Glad to hear you were a good girl down those dark lanes. A local reporter wrote her opinion about why Pearl Harbor didn't fare very well and it had to do with the Hollywood vs. authentic morals of the time. Saved herself with dead fiancee but willing to hop in the sack with Ben Affleck? I agreed with her. Mostly because of the morals of the time. Although she put it much better than I did. She also quoted the Titanic picture. A girl from a good family in the cargo hold losing her virginity to a guy she just met??? Anyway it made sense to me.

Frog-sorry to hear you're under the weather. I bet you'll have a killer run when you've rested some.

Deb-Do you have a cloud following you? I would double check. So sorry about the weight gain. It was AWESOME that you didn't turn to food but to walking!!! What a healthy (pardon the pun) step you took!!! Time with Eli may be just the ticket!!! Thanks for all the yummy food tips. On payday I'm picking up all of your suggestions and trying them. You are so witty. I realized after I posted that it was 16 months. I thought you'd all get a good laugh out of that one!!! But we know it will eventually be 16 years!!!

RALY-Marie's cooking sounded wonderful. Can't wait to try it myself. You are the lucky one!

Nancy-Saturday just 3 days away!!! I loved the You've got mail story. Tell me more!!! Isn't it great when you love the person first before the rest? Peter actually works in a manufacturing company that makes specialized compressor packages like breathing air compressors for hospitals and such. He was in Taiwan on business in a dirty city of Kao shung (hope thats spelled correct). One day when the boys are grown we're going to visit together all the places he's been on business. (Alaska, Germany, Taiwan, Hong Kong, England, Japan, & Iceland so far) If I'm lucky he'll get a trip to the Carribean and Hawaii thrown in there too.

Well, going to sign off. Gotta swim since knee is still tricky. Peter went with buddy to a Pat Benatar concert in Richmond. I was joking them about all the guys with balding heads and jiggly bellies there. They weren't amused!
Old 07-25-2001, 05:22 PM   #57  

Never mind about the busy summer. Seems I forgot to read page 2!!!
Old 07-25-2001, 05:27 PM   #58  
Golfing Gal

Default WIW

190/174/135

Well looks like the scale was good to me this week. I lost the lbs that I gained while being away from the boards for 2 weeks. I cut out eating bread,pasta, etc. I also started weights and the TM again also. This time Im gonna make it.

Been pretty busy playing golf and trying to work in the yard. The heat and the humidty are killers. Would like to respond to all of you but I am so far behind in reading posts, I dont think it will be possible.

Im sorry to hear about all the pain,disappointments, and depressions some of you are going through. It cant be easy but you are in my thoughts.

I will have to tell you how I met my DH at another time. It was fate to be sure.

Hope all yall are losers (in the weight dept.) today.
Old 07-25-2001, 06:30 PM   #59  

Poor Bob-OWWWW. I'm in pain just reading about yours. Hope that clears up your problems soon. When I was 23 I would've cured my chipmunk cheeks with a trip to the shore and a cold beer. Hope you're back on track soon. Acid zits are definitely worth good 'maters. And I will have an official "Bob bottle" of Two Shilling Red. Peter asked me what gives because I had a glass every night for 4 nights. I told him red wine has a short shelf life when opened and I'd be glad to share!!! Still thinking of wagon songs.

Melf-glad you got some relief before the EVIL GP got his hands on you. Hopefully when that nerve settles down you'll be relieved again! Good luck with the back to work. Lucky in 2 loves? That is super!!

Gator-it must've been awesome to be in the right place at the right time at the Crisis Center.

Deb-WOW. Amazed at your fabulous deal!!! Glad the dinner did the trick!

Sparkle-Have fun in D.C. and stay away from evil Congressmen!! Can't wait to see your pictures. Maybe Martin misses the times you had together too.

BW-My prayers are with you with your moms move.

Sol-glad you are back and you had such fun. And under 200!!

sef-You lost a bag of sugar! You go girl!!

AR-My good friend told me a miscarriage is just like losing a child. I'm so sorry. My prayers are with you. I identified with the glowing halo story. I had decided to go natural until the first really big contraction. Well, then I learned I had to have an I.V. for at least 20 minutes. I think I kissed the anisthesiologist when he arrived. They must be insane to make women go into balls while they are in labor. There's got to be a better way to insert that needle during pregnancy!! My husband said he had quite a face when that contraction hit and I moved. Sorry to digress off your subject. Just had to reminese I guess. Give that darling boy a hug for me!!!

I just realized I don't have to cook tonight. Can of spaghettios for the boys and I'm set. Went to find blueberries for a smoothie to see Benjamin had cleaned me out. I don't mind but tell that to my tastebuds who were anxiously awaiting blueberry smoothie!!

Goodnight all. Love Fly
sb since 6/29/01
185/173/150
Only 17 more til goal!
Old 07-25-2001, 07:38 PM   #60  

hey everyone!!!! guess who bought a scale???? woo hoo!! LOL I will not be a slave to it but i figured with the hubby trying to lose it would be better than driving across town to weigh him in. I also think it will keep me more in line?! who knows!! I was 138.0 this a.m wooo hooo almost back to my lowest of 137.0 I am very happ with that since i have been a royal pig this past week end. The beach was beautiful and all those smells hmmmm!! Hubby is faring well i can't stand him!!!! he has lost 19.2 lbs in less than 4 weeks this Sun. will be 4 weeks what a pain huh? he is walking abound with his nose in the air!LOL nooo but he is happier which makes my life happier! And like i said he is keeping me in line and actually makes me feel guilty when i am having a no-no and he dosn't!
I took the kids to the mall for school -found nothing! i think they don't want to admit they will have to go back. I bought some capri pants printed for a retirement party i am going to. Size 6 and they are roomie! i don't think i will be going to 130. I like my size 6's! but i will try it out!!!! Today at the supermarket i checked out the bread they have more legal bread there! yeah! they actually had some semi legal hot dog rolls too but they where moldy! yuck! they had sprouted wheat bread i was very thrilled!

Deb-good luck with the garage sale! i am going to sell my junk on ebay i think!

AR- my heart goes out to you. I was reading your post and felt really bad for you. Nothing i can change how you feel but just know we are here for you! I hear you about the kids getting big and independent mine is 14 1/2 my oldest and time is flying by! you will get used to him being away and probably like it!LOL

sef---wooooo hooooo on the 5lbs! keep it up you have a great attitude hang in there and don't give up!!!

catlover-hi!! you can jump back on the wagon with us anytime!!! sometimes life is in our way and i know sometimes i have no self control!!! good luck!

melf-hope mom was o.k. the scale will be better next week i am sure! keep plugging away!!!!

sol- wooooo hooooo on being under 200!! you sound like you had alot of fun! keep it up those numbers will keep going down!

BOB-feel better thinking of u!!!!!

nance- you sound like me!!!! we know what to do we just have to do it dam* it!!!! we are here for you!!!!!!

sparkle- i am not on a diet either!!! never again!!

belinda-hope your moms move was o.k

gator-Bon Jour!!!!!!

karen, amser, raylynne- thinking about you all!!! keep up the loses and get over the gains! This is life right????

Rhonda

201.1/138/135-130ish???? LOL
Closed Thread