Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 08:37 AM   #61  

Well, I had a horrible day yesterday! I woke up late and had no time to put together my lunch, so had to eat school lunch. It was mexican which I love, but probably had too much fat and salt to be legal. I had dental work done on Monday afternoon, so my mouth is still somewhat sore from that. Craig had a little oral surgery done yesterday afternoon to remove some infected bone tissue, so he was not well either, ( though he was quite amusing with his pain meds and kept us entertained!) I think we are all just run down and ready for a quiet, restful weekend at home, watching the Olympics!

Talitha-I agree with Monet, all things happen for a reason, though we may not understand it at the time. Hang in there!

Bob-Good luck with Kate! We'll be thinking of her!

Cindy-Hope you get some time to relax in between your puppy sitting!

Everyone else-
Old 02-08-2006, 09:00 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Default Menu for today

Just a quick post with my menu for today:
B: Yogurt with fruit and cereal
S: 1/2 grapefruit
L: Chicken salad on WW, raw veggies and sweet potato chips
S: Banana
D: Something with ground beef and a veggie but have not decided what yet

Princess
Old 02-08-2006, 10:31 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Just a quick post. I'm really busy here today.

Got 60 minutes of cardio in at the gym last night. Tonight will be wts.
Fixed some ww pizzas and then put on some chicken to make a Chicken Poppy dish for tonight and some chicken salad for lunches. It was after 10:00 before I got to sit down and then I was out like a light. Over slept this morning, but got her on time.

Nicolee when going to someone's house for dinner, I would always call ahead and ask what they were serving. I explained I was dieting (which everyone knew) and needed to plan my carbs, for the day. They were always glad to help. Glad you found something to eat. Good job passing up the cake and other starches.

Susan, It was good that you listened to your body and got the needed rest. I don't think we listen to our bodies enough, especially where food is concerned. Glad you are back and rearing to go.

Melf, your calzone sounds wonderful. Glad you enjoyed it.

Monet, sure glad headache has disappeared. Don't you just love kids? Sometimes you wonder how they can be so selfish. We didn't raise them to be like that. I'm sure James' tardiness contributed to him not getting a raise. You certainly tried to get him there early.

Crystal, love your new avatar. Your DD looks just like you. Such a pretty thing. I'm ready for spring too. I was so cold all day yesterday. Never did get warm. I din't think the PT has helped my nueropathies or the ball of my foot where I have no fat (that's the only place) and walking on bones. I guess nothing will help that. It has strengthened my ankle some.

Bob, prayers for Kate. Keep us posted on her progress.

Cindy, I didn't see that chicken breast on the menu. I would have tried it for sure. Have a fun day with your mom.

KayeC, congrats to your ds on his license. Just another worry we mothers have.

Talitha, I know you are disappointed. I firmly believe that God gives you what you can handle and need. I'm sure you will be just as excited about this little boy. Now on to find a name.

Gator, I was going to suggest the same thing to Monet about the caffine.

Princess, Ouch! sorry about your toe, hope it feels better soon.

Thin, hope today is going better for you.

Teensy, Hope you are feeling better today.

Got to run, have a great OP day.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:53 AM   #64  

Just a quickie! I bought some rye triscuits at the store the other day. I'm eating a few now with my laughing cow swiss cheese. Has anyone else tried these? they're really good, if you like rye!
Old 02-08-2006, 11:07 AM   #65  

I didn't know that they made rye trisciuts. I've never tried rye but I'm willing to try something at least once. Sounds really good with the cheese.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:44 AM   #66  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good morning.

Eating was pretty good yesterday. I did break down and have a snack about 1:00 last night. I try not to eat after 8 but we stay up so late. I tried a seedless cucumber last night. I don't know if it was bad or what but it was too bitter to eat.

Talitha...I hope I can phrase this correctly so you don't think I'm a monster. When I was pregnant with my last child I just knew it was a girl. I thought God had even given me her name. Right after the ultrasound I was so sad because it was a boy. It didn't take long to get over it. Let me tell you and this is no exaggeration, Zachary is the love of my life. I admit he is more spoiled than all the others. He is such the charmer. Oh mama you are so beautiful...oh mama you are getting so skinny....oh mama I'm gonna live with you forever...LOL I love all my children but I think there is something about being the baby.

Monet...I'm so glad you are feeling better.

Bob...praying for Kate.

Solly...thank you. I didn't give birth to Stormy but her real mom and I favor. She looks more like me than her Dad.

Thin...I love the rye triscuits and the garlic ones. I can't have any right now because I have no self control. The box would be empty in a day.

Princess...ouch! Hope your toes mend quickly.

Nicolee....((hugzz)) Hope your enegry level comes up and you start feeling better soon.

Muncher...Thank you. We'll probably plant okra, tomatoes, squash, zucchini, radishes and vairous peppers. The okra did so well last year we are going to extend that seciont of the garden. I enjoy the garden because we planted it in the front yard so I can watch it grow from the porch swing. Right past the garden my neighbor has redbuds. It's so beautiful in the spring.

Time to get my lazy self moving.

Love,
Crystle
Old 02-08-2006, 12:10 PM   #67  
Goddess

Default Good Wednesday Morning!

Hello all!

I don't know what has gotten into some folks in my state. We've had nine churches set on fire since Friday. There doesn't seem to be any commonality except that they are Baptist and they are rural churches. I hope they catch the B*****ds that are setting these churches on fire. Some of the building were more than 150 years old.

Talitha--A BOY! About two minutes after he is born, you won't be able to imagine having any other child but him!

BOB--Glad to hear that you got Kate settled. I hope it isn't serious and something they can treat easily!!!!!

Monet--Heh, heh, heh. I simply cannot imagine you haveing anything but loving, kind thoughts towards your offspring! Tell Miss Bride-to-be that her Aunt Susu will take up for her!

Everyone--Have a great OP day! Remember to make the best decisions you can today!!!

Susan
Old 02-08-2006, 12:12 PM   #68  
Goddess

Thin--I've not seen the rye Triscuits, but I love the Laughing Cow cheese! It's a great snack and the little wedges make for instant portion control!

Susan
Old 02-08-2006, 12:36 PM   #69  
Addicted to potato salad!

Quick to Talitha:

My next door neighbor had her fourth baby a year and a half ago. She already had three boys and according to her, none of her husband's side of the family has ever had a girl. I wondered about the possibility of this, thinking that girls are necessary to procreation, but then I realized that the boys were marrying other girls... I was just confused for a minute. Anyhow...she was one that likes to wait till the birth to find out the sex of her babies and had her fourth named John and had the room all done...because her husband's brothers and men in his family never, ever have girls. So, why would this be different..the sex gene comes from the man, so anyhow... She went in labor and out pops a girl! She spent the better of a week mourning the loss of the fourth boy she was looking forward to. No girl clothes in sight, not a hint of pink to be had. Needless to say, she's madly in love with her daughter and everything worked out more than okay and it will work out more than okay for you, too. Emotions are so insane when you're pregnant. Especially when God's dealing you black cards and you really wanted red. Don't feel like a monster...it's all just emotional hormones and you are so normal to feel this way.

Will get to more replies later!!

Kris
Old 02-08-2006, 02:20 PM   #70  

Happy Wednesday,

We received another chair and a curio cabinet for the living room today. The curio matches the grandfather clock so well! Next week we should be getting the tables for the living room and the dining room furniture. It's a process!
I have been having a strange sleeping pattern lately my eyes will fly open at 4:00 am and then I come downstairs to the family room and watch tv until I get sleepy again. But that makes me so tired during the day. I'm not sure why this is going on other than the stress of the redecorating.

Hey BOB! Let us know how your Mom is.

Do any of you follow Lost? A new episode is on tonight that I am looking forward to.

We are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary on June the 6th and Monday night my Husband told me I had a choice of a cruise around the Hawaiian islands or a regular vacation to Hawaii at a resort. Tough choice huh? Now you know why we've lasted 25 years!

Dinner tonight will be a chicken stew with garbanzo beans in it and a salad.

KayeC
Old 02-08-2006, 02:27 PM   #71  

Talitha:

God gave me two boys... and after having a step daughter for a while I understood why God gave me boys... LOL... I had a hard time with the whining and the hormonal issues of an early teenage girl...

Now I thank God everyday for my boys and sit back and wait patiently for a granddaughter...

But I know that you are dissapointed and I wish you had gotten the result that you wanted. Keep your chin up...

Princess
Old 02-08-2006, 02:31 PM   #72  

Default I love lost!

KayC:

I love Lost! One of the gals on here grew up with "Sawyer" from that show. She was telling us about it a few weeks ago.

Boy... congrats on the 25 years and vacation options... great husband! You need to clone him... LOL

Princess
Old 02-08-2006, 02:47 PM   #73  

HELP!! I need dinner ideas. I don't have time to cook before church tonite because I'm going to be working late and I'll just have time to run home, change, and leave.

What do you ladies eat when you have to eat out?
Old 02-08-2006, 03:56 PM   #74  

nicolee, I may not be the best one to answer this but a salad would work or what my husband and I have done is go to Subway and get one of their low carb wrap sandwiches.

Hope this helps,
Princess
Old 02-08-2006, 04:16 PM   #75  

I just got in from school. The principal cancelled knitting indefinitely. I think it was because her daughter ticked her off about it...but I can't question my boss's motives...

NICOLEE: Cheerios are not legal. They were, but I noticed corn starch on the ingredients last time I looked and about freaked. They did not always have cornstarch in them... They are high GI. If you can find an organic clone of them, check the label. If they don't have sugar, or corn added they would be ok. Eating out and staying legal is not too hard. Go someplace that has salads. In a pinch, fried chicken with the breading and skin removed is better than pizza or a burger on white bread....

KAYEC: My family is all crazy about LOST...I believe Talitha likes it too. I don't watch any TV, so I have not seen it. My family tells me I would not like it...I am the romantic comedy type!
Closed Thread