Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: How often do you eat RED MEAT???
Once or twice a week 13 37.14%
Three to four times a week 16 45.71%
Almost every day 1 2.86%
Very rarely 2 5.71%
I don't eat RED meat at all 2 5.71%
I don't eat ANY meat at all 1 2.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2001, 06:17 AM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Post Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 7/16-7/22

This is the SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIP & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-THURSDAY RECIPE DAY
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FIT FACTS

Please visit our NEWEST BIO BOARD where you can learn more about everyone who is on this board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...4143#post34143

Please make sure you post your BIO on the NEWEST VERSION of our BIO BOARD everyone!!!!

Our JULY 2001 RECIPE BOARD can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...?threadid=6987

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often-make sure to visit our newest board, MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS at the link below:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...?threadid=2342

THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...?threadid=2344

THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...?threadid=2365[/url

MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...?threadid=2359

and our newest board MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...?threadid=5005

We also now have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...?threadid=7433

WANT TO POST YOUR WEEKLY WEIGH IN INFO?? Go to the WEEKLY WEIGH IN BOARD below to post your stats!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...?threadid=7434

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit NEW REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!
Old 07-16-2001, 06:30 AM   #2  

It's Monday!!!! Good Morning Everyone!

Don't have time to post right now, have to get Michael off to school soon then come home for my walk, but wanted to make sure I got our MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM:

CHOOSE TO SUCCEED

How much responsibility are you willing to take? The more responsibility you assume, the more successful you'll become. Some people look at a difficult situation and say "that's not my concern." Others look at the same situation and say "I'll make it my concern. I'll do something about it." Guess who ends up being more successful?

There are plenty of perfectly reasonably and legitimate reasons to avoid responsibility. So why would anyone choose to assume responsibility? Because choosing to take responsibility means choosing to achieve, choosing to succeed, choosing to make a truly positive difference.

You can get by fairly well without assuming much responsibility. But is that really what you want -- just to get by?

The next time you see people running away from responsibility, make the choice to get yourself running toward it. Make the choice that will bring you success and achievement. Choose to take responsibility, and you'll be choosing to succeed.

-- Ralph Marston

Will be back later to post and reply to all the posts from last night. You sure were a busy bunch last night - I fell asleep at 9:30pm!!!!

Have a wonderful week everyone!!!!!!!!

Debbie
194/12?/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 07-16-2001, 08:24 AM   #3  

Good Morning All

Sorry I haven't been on, we got back on friday night and was very tired. Went to a wedding saturday and open house, was fun and had a good time. Cedar Point was a blast and the exchange student also loved it, she is very pretty and tall and skinny. Acts much older than her age and of course coming from France she drinks and smokes, but a very bright girl. That is just their culture over there and drinks alot of expresso.

My son loved the roller coasters, he even went on the Magnum and that is the 2nd largest at Cedar Point, my husband and I went on teh Millenium which is the biggest there. It's 310 ft tall and drops on an 80 degree angle almost straight down. It takes your breathe away and it flys, it was pretty awesome, I'll have to scan the pictures of us on the rides on the board. My son has total fear in his face. Spent alot of money and had alot of fun and my son is pretty spoiled what a b-day present for him. We also went to Soak City (waterPark) was a blast too.

Did well eating and ate some junk food, but I can't resist a corn dog from a fair or a park like that. They are the best, but with all the walking I wasn't too worried about adn I even lost a few lbs while on vacation. Imagine that I was even shocked too. Usually vacation you always gain. This weekend we have a party to go to up north on a lake, having a pig roast and so far there are about 140 people going. Taking all the boats and having fun the exchange student Marie loves the water and wants to learn how to water ski. So that'll be fun, she is a total riot and I'll miss her when she goes home.

Well done rattling on and on. Haven't read the posts from last week and will have to start with this weeks because won't have time to read lasts weeks. Have 3 days of work to catch up on here so will be busy.

Take care and talk to you all later.
Old 07-16-2001, 09:28 AM   #4  

Oh My Gawd!

Just got in from my walk/jog and I'm REALLY sweating bullets! I can't believe it, I BEAT YESTERDAY'S BEST EVER TIME TODAY!!!!!! I did my 4. 5 miles in 50:56, a little over 1/2 a minute less than yesterday!!!! And to think, I was going to just walk today with no jogs!! I did 17 jogs like yesterday. I'm feeling good - WOO HOO!!!

The scale is still up, but down a pound, so maybe since I ended my TOM it will go back down to where it was soon. This Sunday will be 16 months for me on SB-so I really would like to see me back down to where I was last week at 125.5!

I've been deleting junk on my computer, had no room to download pictures and wanted to make some space for the ones to come this week. I'm so afraid of deleting something I need-I've done that twice-crashing the entire computer and losing everything. Does anyone keep their gifs they upload on disk???

GRACE, I had some of that Annies last week, I too thought it was WW, but it was durum semolina, which is fine as well. I bought the new packets that are single serving mac & cheese-they're not bad in a pinch, or on a trip. "They" say SPECIAL K is okay, I have no idea what it's made from-we went through this with FROG last week I think. I posted some information about cereals during the week, you may want to do a search through last weeks posts, but I do believe it was early in the week. I personally don't eat it. Sourdough bread is fine, just try to make it a brand that's not full of preservatives. Milk is fine as well.

BOB-THAT'S SUCH A BARGAIN on that dress! Wow, I'm impressed! Honey, you are hallucinating-no bare leg shots from me-I don't own a pair of paints that come above the bottom of my calves. Eli wants you to come this weekend, told him it was too short notice, plus I got all this crap in the kitchen for a garage sale piled up. BUT, I will be able to tell you for sure by tomorrow-I'm pinning the old fart down to let me know what he wants to do about a vacation already-it's getting a little old. I'll e-mail you. I'm hoping you can get 3 days off and drive down after work, like on a Thursday. Can you take Friday off and stay through Sunday evening? Too many places to take you, we need time! We'll get you the extract-and the pimento cheese dip too!!! Oh yes, you are more than welcome to come down to Debbies Detox Dungeon!!!

ROSALIE, thanks for the congrats, but I don't think I will ever be able to run 4.5 miles, my legs start burning after a while-I don't get far-this is good enough for me, as I never thought I'd be doing what I've done already. Can't wait for you to post a pciture of you, the anticipation is just killing me!!!!!!!! Thanks for mentioning that site too, I may use it in the future.

RHROO, see, you are not only keeping hubby on the straight and narrow, but it's helping you as well! That's great that you are both doing so well these past 2 weeks-and that you are below that 140! Goal is right there in reach!! Actually, I think Lauren looks like her Dad (that's not Eli), but she wishes she looked more like me. No matter who she looks like, she's a good kid, actually, they both are, and I love them both! Hey, we have a new gal on the board from MA as well-maybe you two live near each other?!?

SEF, of course, I never claimed to be a good cook. One think you will learn, I'm honest, and where people may think I am joking about sucking at cooking, I'm not. Just like with my body description, unfortunately, I'm not joking there either-though I wish! Eli can easily whip up a great dish out of the blue whereas I will make something exactly as the recipe states and something will be wrong with it. The only thing I have to say is I make great Middle Eastern dishes that I rarely screw up that come out great-go figure! I mean, I do make a few things well-like the crustless spinach quiche-which I haven't made in a long time-maybe this week-it's delicious! Oh, I know about things not lasting that don't have preservatives-definitely after a day or two, these things MUST go in the fridge/freezer-another reason these types of foods cost more in the store, no preservatives to increase shelf life!

LDBLOND, thanks for sharing your background with me and the rest of the board. With knowing that you've conquered two very serious addictions I KNOW you can do well with maintenance as well. It's a lot different than drugs or alcohol, you can live without both of those-but not without food. BUT, you can live without candy, you can live without cake, cookies, ice cream-but you know what, you don't have to live without them when you are on maintenance, you just have to make better choices, that's all. MODERATION, that's one of the keys that makes one successful on SB. Allow yourself 1 treat a day if you desire, and make sure you only have 1-whether it be a serving of cookies, a serving of ice cream, etc. Make a SB legal treat and have single servings on hand in the freezer-it's all about choices. You made the choices to overcome your other addictions, you can make the choice to eat something or not eat it. You did good by coming on the board and writing vs the ice cream, but afterwards, did you still want the ice cream? If eating out of emotions and you know this and you learn to do something else than to go for the food-that will help you so much. If you are feeling stressed and head for the junk food, instead, head for the door and take a 10 minute walk and then see how you feel. I think you are handling it better than you think-just by mentioning this, you are realizing and addressing what could be a problem-instead of not saying a thing and pretending that a problem doesn't exsist-so be proud of yourself for recognizing this! You will find a way to deal with this, you are doing it now, little by little. Another great thing, call Nance, the both of you need support and with you both living so close to each other, what better support could there be!!!!

RALY, glad to see you back and to know you had a wonderful time-sounds like you all had a blast!! Congrats on losing a few pounds while you were gone-that's a great accomplishment on a vacation!!!!

Okay gals, I'm outta here for a while-have some errands to run before I have to go get Michael a little after 1pm. I'll check in with you all later on.

Have a wonderful week!

Debbie
194/128/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 07-16-2001, 10:36 AM   #5  
Goddess

Talking Good Monday Morning

Hello everyone! I'm up and at the computer early this morning because I have a lot of work to do. (Seeing as how I did NONE last week!) I did run across a good motivational thought while I was doing my scripture reading yesterday. It occurred to me that the words I was reading were not just for Christians--or even the the religious, but that it was every insightful for my SB sisters, so I want to share it.

I was reading a passage about the difference between living according to the flesh and living according to the spirit. After I finished mulling over these thoughts from a spiritual perspective I thought, "this is very true for my nutritional habits as well." A large part of the reason I'm overweight is that I have become a slave to the flesh (lots and lots of flesh). Whatever my body craved, I gave it. As my body grew it came to dominate my life--how it looked determined whether I was happy or now. I craved instant gratification--at least short-term gratification. I literally was a slave to my flesh.

The particular passage that caught my eye was this "If you live according to the flesh you will die; . . . If you put to death the deeds of the body you will live!" When we make a committment to SB, it really is a committment to stop living according to the flesh. And what happens? When we stop stuffing our bodies with junk we become healthier, happier, wiser. That's what this is all about--life!

It's like that segment Oprah has every day on remembering your spirit. This WOE is not just about our flesh. If we make it just losing weight we are still slaves to our flesh (and it will continue to make us unhappy and insecure). Remember your spirit ladies! Live according to the beauty and strength of our spirits and the rest will take care if itself. If you are frustrated with the scale--hide it for a little while. Follow this WOE simply because it is healthy, and nourishing, and good for you. Nourish your spirit until it is strong and the body will whip itself into shape (pun intended!).

I hope everyone has a good week!

Susan
300/239/150
July 10, 2000
Old 07-16-2001, 11:14 AM   #6  

Hi everyone long time no see. I hope everyone is well. I completely fell off the program for a few weeks and felt way to guilty even coming in here to peek when I was being so bad. I am now back on track and have lost back down to where I was before. I quickly packed on 6 lbs in my 2 weeks of rebellion. Now I just need to get my exercise back in order and I will be doing great.

I did change my gloucophage from the extended release back to taking them 3 times a day. The extended release just didnt work for me. I also spoke to my fertility doctor last night and if I can get off these last 10 pounds off this month I can start my next protocal and do another IVF. This has been a very long wait for me between cycles. I rather be doing the shots and just doing something instead of waiting around trying to lose weight. I think this was alot of the reason I went into my rebellion mode. All I did was slow myself down instead of helping myself.

My last day of my job will be at the end of the week (they are moving to Colorado) so I will have lots of time next week to go back and read everyones posts since my birthday (the day I really feel off my diet)

It feels really good being here again.
Old 07-16-2001, 12:31 PM   #7  

Default Quick Post

I have a calendar here at my office. Each day Snoopy has something different to say. Today's is great, so I thought I'd share:

The next time you're feeling down, think about all the terrible things that didn't happen to you.
Old 07-16-2001, 12:59 PM   #8  

Does everyone remember me talking about my stepdaughter and her weight problem? Well my husband got into it pretty good with her mom a couple of weeks ago about that and other things and he was shocked when he picked her up last night and she asked him if he would take her to games and practices if she put her in sports. Doug was more than happy to say, YES!!!! I guess it took the *****ing before she would wake up and realize she has a problem. I just hope that she sticks to it for her sake.

Starting tonight they are riding their bikes with the baby while I jog down the bike trails. My hubby's knee is alot better so now he can ride. A few miles will be good for all of them and me.

DEB-congrats on the 125.5. Haven't seen that in years and if I was that small I'd look like a skeleton for my height.

TIGGERME- Sorry to hear about your job. Stress is a killer isn't it.

Any newbies WELCOME!!!! Gotta Go.
Old 07-16-2001, 04:59 PM   #9  

Default Happy Happy Monday

So glad to read all the replies today. Takes me an hour but it's such a (here I go again) mini-vacation!!!! LOL I'm feeling a bit better today and my energy is more there than not. So maybe I see some light now. Yeah!!!

Got me some agave nectar-so watch out!!!! Had to buy two bottles they were so small. I see what you all mean about sparingly using it. Saving it for those sweettooth moments.

Motivation Tip Two actually: 1. "You have to count on living every single day, in a way you believe will make you feel good about your life. So that if it were over tomorrow, You'd be content with the way you lived today." Jane Seymour

2. "Obstacles are put in our way to see if we really want something, Or we just thought we did" Author Unknown

The 2nd was really inspiring to me. I may use that as my quote.

Amser-Glad you had a great trip!!! The snorkeling sounded very relaxing and fun. I personally love a real good kick butt Margarita so I know you drank that for me!!! Mucho gratisas. Isn't it fun to be back home and settling back down into normalcy. I always look forward to that. I like my routine now.

Missgrace-Used to be a night owl but no more. Now lucky to make it past 9 p.m.

Deb-No pic yet. Still trying to find a decent one. Thanks for the jog info. It was crystal clear to me. You??? Not run 4.5 miles??? Hogwash. I don't believe that for a second. You, who can sustain sb legality longer than any of us?? I encourage you to give it a shot. You will LOOOOOOOVE it!!!!!! What a suitable goal to go for now that you've reached weight goal. Start small though. Add 20 jogs in tomorrows walk. Increase by 10% each week. With rest days. You will be amazed. If I could take this heavy butt through a triathalon. I know you can do that. That's just my 2 cents. Now tell me to MYOB. So....you have no short pants but jogging girdles??? I couldn't help but smile at that!!!!

Bob-You and Deb are bargain magnets. Maybe it will spread to me. I'll let you know. So sorry about your tooth and the dentist. But...I must protest. Tomato sandwich only the "best" with Miracle Whip. Tho' it's not legal. That's my two cents on that. Is the rain gone?

Rosalie-You're going to have that scanner broken in in no time.

Rhoo-I hear you on men. You have to admit it though. If they had to go through what we go through to shed a few lbs. They'd stay fat!!! congratulations to you both.

sef-Thanks so much for the whodunit. I had realized after I entered my post that I had given you the answer to possible one you hadn't seen. I'll try not to do that again. It's more fun to figure them out on our own. I almost finished a crossword puzzle the other day and thought of you. Sorry about the moldy bagels. It's so disappointing when you really get your tastebuds set. And, by the way, I'm trying out the head stands. Thanks for clearing up why you always see southerners fishing. It's not for fun but for necessity.

Idblond-Thanks for sharing your victories. Won't it be great when you add food to the 3rd victory you have!!!! I'm the same way with food addiction so I'm legal for dear life right now. I've always been an emotional eater too. That's why when I'm hungry I go to the board. After a couple of hours reading posts I forget about being hungry or gnaw on something legal while reading. I'll probably have the same struggle when I reach maintenance too.

Raly-so happy to hear about sd. What a triumph!! Glad you had a good time at the park. I like rollercoasters too. The only thing is I don't like the "extreme" coasters. Too bad they don't make an inbetween one. I just don't like being jerked around anymore.

Susan-Awesome insight in your verse. Really enjoyed reading it.

Tigger-Isn't it great to have a new day to start all over with???

Melf-How are you feeling today????

Love to all, Butterfly
sb since 6/29/01
185/177/150 (for now)
Old 07-16-2001, 05:10 PM   #10  
sef

Monday morning! When I went to bed last night I died, did not even wake up for the usual night time bathroom run! But I woke up out of sorts, I sometimes think I don't do as well when I sleep so sound. You'd think I was PMS and we know I'm waaaay past that!!! What do you use for an excuse when you feel ornery and can't be PMS? Just admit you're an ornery person, I guess!

Well, my faithful old Osterizer died yesterday! It was about 15-20 years old but had been running good. When I took gd to work after nh visit, I went to Sears, it's right across the way. I bought a Hanilton Beach blender, it has a plastic jar. My old one did too but it was a heavier plastic. I passed up the Oster because it had a glass jar and I thought that would be so easy to break and you just don't go in and pick up a replacement. So it sits on the table, while I make up my mind. Any thoughts?
What kind do you have? Hamilton was $10 cheaper. Then I remember the old adage, "Good's not cheap and cheap's not good!" I also remember seeing on the Oster box that it had 450W motor, read fine print and HAmilton only has 400W.

You are realizing that I am incapacitated, can't seem to make decisions!

LDBLOND - You are trying to do the right thing, like analyzing the whys of not being able to cope w/o some kind of crutch. I know I am emotional eater and you would think that since a lot of stress is out of my life I would be less so. I still have worries and want to eat. It's good that we can come here and vent a little or answer posts to get our minds and feelings in order. Since we know what triggers us we have to take one day at a time attitude to face our demons. I don't know about you, but that
dish of ice cream that I thought would make me feel better, doesn't! I just beat myself up over the fact that I succumbed and the vicious circle will start over again. The steps for me, are stoping to think and listen to myself. To ask if what I think will be gratification really is. I am learning to say NO!! You have too. You just don't realize it. Your post shows you are doing it and you deserve that pat on the back for yourself. I think we forget
to look at ourselves in a positive way, we need to do it more often. Re-read your post as if someone else wrote it. What would you say to them?

RALYNNE - How great that you are able to have an exchange student and introduce her to all the things we like. Bravo for being able to go on a coaster! The speed wouldn't bother me, but the height would!

RHROO - Great that you and dh are motivating each other. Don't you just hate that men seem to lose quicker and easier?

Think I will get moving. I had to rest a little. I walked round and round the mall, even though I only wanted to go to Sears. Habve to do something for supper. I am thinking chili, maybe some cornbread for family.

Take care, see you all on the Board later!

Shirley
Old 07-16-2001, 07:08 PM   #11  
Everyday angel

I am SO out of time to post! More later. A quick question, has anyone had experience with Body for Life with Bill Phillips? I sprung $20 for the book yesterday and am SO EXCITED, this is amazing!

~Chris

164/151 (yeah!) /139
Old 07-16-2001, 07:36 PM   #12  

Default Thanks everyone!

Two things!
1. Please forgive me for sounding off & expressing my private sel-pitty thoughts to all of you. I really do mean it. I should not have said some of the things I said in my Sunday post. I was just feeling so down. I have really been depressed & that does not help my poor self-image.

2. Thanks to ALL of you who not only responded on the board, but also via email. I do so appreciate all the thoughts & prayers.

Yes, I have had a slightly better day today. I'm still very dizzy, bad headache, & jaw pain, but I haven't been as depressed. Yesterday I was crying most of the day & asking why & what if. Today I'm asking God to give me the strenght & grace to handle this no matter what.

I do have an appt with a Neurologist for next Mon morning. I am hoping that he can put me on a different medication that I can handle better than this one. So it's at least another week off of work for me.

I will try to post some responses later if my crazy head allows me to, but I could not let another moment go by without the apology & the word of thanks from my heart to all of you. I do appreciate your kind words.
Old 07-16-2001, 08:24 PM   #13  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERYBUDDY !!!!

Hope everyone is having a relaxing evening...It's pretty cloudy and rainy looking over here on the SW coast of FLA...

Looking a little quiet tonight...where is everyone??

AND THE QUESTION OF THE WEEK??? OK KIM....WHERE ARE YOU AND WHY AREN'T YOU ACTIVELY CLICKING THOSE KEYS

MELF I'm sorry if you took my post the wrong way..I would never intentionally hurt your feelings! I have never been
saddled with that kind of pain, and I hope I never do. You'll get over this...I know right now you don't feel like you will, but you will. I've got everything crossed that will cross, and even trying to
cross the "flapping stuff" too!
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{MELF}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} }}

SEF I've got an "old" oster...hope I didn't just jinx myself They are good appliances...we've had one as far back as I can remember...but I've also got some hamilton beach products too...

FLY I've just got one "thang" to say about your style of mater samiches.....if GOD had meant for there to be sugar in my mayo...she would have put it in my HELMANS!!!
SHOPPING is a RITUAL....once you get the knack....it's a snap!!

SUSAN I have two words to say about your tip today,
AMEN SISTER!!! I never thought about it like that, but I guess it's true...everything you need to know about how to live your life, you'll find in the GOOD BOOK
KEEP THAT KNEE PROPPED UP!!!

DEBI could feel you smiling when we paid for that dress!
Oh, and yes, I would take 1/2 day on Thurs, Friday and Monday off...that way we'll have the whole weekend to do what ever.
Just let me know...

Oh yeah....I got a letter today letting me know that I was getting one of the tax break checks...I didn't think I would, and this tells me that maybe I don't make as much as I thought I did...BUT, I'm thankful to get the money...it will come in handy toward SKEETER'S vet bill!

I'm off for a while...I'll check in later

BOB

Last edited by THE BIG ORANGE BABE; 07-17-2001 at 09:09 AM.
Old 07-16-2001, 09:33 PM   #14  

Default I'm back

Hello all,how have you been?I had a wonderful time away in bc but man alive did I ever blow my diet big time.I put on 5lbs I am so embarrased and ashamed I almost didnt come back here but I really need the encouragment to keep going so here I am with my tail between my legs.I got back yesterday and immediatly (after weighing myself of course ) went on the treadmill and again today.I HAVE TO GET MYSELF IN CONTROL!!!!! I just hate myself right now and I am so tired of trying one more time and starting over AGAIN.gee I sound like a whinny baby dont I.Sorry girls I am just really mad at myself and well I dont know I just had to come on so this wasnt one more thing I gave up on.I have a pic of myself Deb but I dont know how to get it over here so if you dont mind I will email it to you and perhaps you could do it for me?Its not a great pic but hey what would be right now...ok I am going to go before I depress all of you.
congrats to those who did good last week,I havent read the posts yet but keep up the good work perhaps you can help me along
bye for now
Kymn
Old 07-16-2001, 10:39 PM   #15  

Default Monday Again!

Hey everybody. Just sitting here doin' my nails. I love to paint my fingernails and toenails. Then I sit at the computer and type while they dry.

Seems a little quiet on the board today. I was sooo bored at work today and wanted to surf the web but was too afraid I'd get busted.

Think I may be the only here who doesn't eat red meat and pork. Anyone else here avoid those?

Ran with dh and the pup this a.m. for 2.5 miles and did my fitball ab workout tonight. There is this one move with the fitball that I call my Cirque du Solel' (SP? I'm sure I slaughtered that one) move. I should get dh to take a picture because it is sure to make us all howl. I lay on my back, raise my ankles in the air so that my legs are perpendicular to my body (L-shape), put this huge therapy ball between my ankles and raise the ball over my head so that my ankles are now behind my ears. Then I grab the ball with my hands and slowly put my ankles on top of the ball and then lower my ankles back to the L shape. After that I put my ankles back around the ball and bring it back to the floor. It cracks me up! The best past is dh tried it when I was done! He has been surprising me lately.

ARIB - Glad you had a nice vacation and so glad that you didn't let your embarassment keep you from coming back. Lord knows if I let my pride keep me from here I would never have logged on in the first place. Stay strong, you are in good hands here.

MELF My dear. We all have those days. And anyone in pain certainly is allowed a bit more sympathy than the average bear. I can't imagine how you must be feeling and I am sorry that you are having such a rough go. The bright side is that you have people you can share your bad days with, and that you have realized that today is a better day. Tomorrow is another day for you to use to try to improve upon. Go get 'em girl. And when life gives you lemons, bring your sour puss here and we'll try to lift your spirits and put a smile back on that face. Hmm...Unless of course that would cause you more pain, and then we would just try to remain neutral.

BOB - What's shaking girlfriend? I haven't heard any more strange buzzing lately. Did you get some insect repellent? Give Skeeter a big 'ol kiss from his aunt Froggie! I love me some little ol' weiner dogs, yeah buddy! How fast do you think those little legs would have to move to run with me and the big dog?

SEF = I don't think your planets are lined up right. You are not having a banner day now are you. You are also entitled to a little p*ss and moan now then, so let 'er rip. Hope you DON'T sleep well tonight and that tomorrow is a better day.

FLY - thanks for sharing your tips/thoughts. Keep it up girl!

RALY - Great that your sd will be out there gettin in more activity. Hope that helps with her weight too.

TIGGER - Welcome back! Nice to see you on the board again.

FILLISE - So glad that you are on the mend and feeling like doing more. You always have insightful and thought provoking posts. How is the new venture coming?

SPARKLE - how was your weekend?

We intterupt this post for an all points bulletin for NANCE and QUILTER I'm beginning to think they may be lost with that Levy woman in D.C. (Isn't that awful? But would she be getting this much attention if it weren't for the relationship with the congressman?)

DEB - Do you own a crash helmet? 'Cause you're gonna need one with all these FAST times you're turning in! Go on girl! Enjoyed corresponding with you today.

BLOND - Love the quote. Thanks for sharing.

I have told y'all in the past about my collages. I am in the process of making one to assist in motivating me for the WDW 2002 marathon. It isn't finished, but I will attach a pic of the one I did for the 2000 race. I hope you find motivation or inspiration from this idea. I promise to post it soon. I tried, but something was wrong with the file and it didn't work.

Peace,
FROG

Last edited by Frog Lover; 07-16-2001 at 10:43 PM.
Closed Thread