Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 11:05 PM   #1  

Default Sugarbusters Weekly Support Board 10/31 - 11/6

Welcome to Sugarbusters!

This is the Sugarbusters support board, where anyone following, or interested in following, Sugarbusters is welcome to come for discussion, and support. We hope you will become a part of our great group!

We try to have different themes for different days of the week.

MONDAY: MMM, or Metal Monster Monday, is when we weigh in, and post our progress. This is voluntary.

TUESDAY: Is tip day- we try to share a tip, or two to help each other.

WEDNESDAY: Is Wonderful Wednesday. On Wednesdays, we share something wonderful about our selves, or our lives.

THURSDAY: Is Thirst Day! A reminder to drink your water! Its a good day to share a recipe too!

FRIDAY: Is FF, for Friday funnies. Everyone needs a laugh on Friday!

You are welcome to post questions, vent frustrations, whatever, but please be respectful of others and their beliefs.

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/for....php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have FIVE INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/for....php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...26#post1002226

NEWBIES: To post a reply, please hit reply and NOT new thread
Old 10-30-2005, 11:16 PM   #2  

Default Challenge!

Do you have a plan? The holidays are coming up rapidly, and it always the hardest time of the year. There are parties, parties, goodies and more parties. What is your plan? If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Think about it. Share your ideas...lets get through the next two months with a LOSS and NO GAINS!

WE CAN DO IT!
Old 10-31-2005, 08:41 AM   #3  

Good Morning!

I hated to see the weekend end. I slept a bit later than usual this morning, and actually slept pretty well last night. I don't feel all that rested this morning though. I am determined to have a perfect week with my eating plan this week, so to that end, I started out well this morning. I had a smoothie made with strawberries and water, and 1.5 scoops of natural whey protein powder. I added about 1 teaspoon of agave. I am drinking my first cup of coffee with half and half and a teaspoon of agave. Lunch will be leftovers, or chicken salad. The leftovers are spaghetti with Mavarik ground beef, and brown rice pasta, or chicken curry on brown basmati rice.

Its MMM, and I forgot to weigh in before I ate my breakfast...which was maybe a bit of a Freudian slip, since I really did not want to weigh in this morning. I need to get back on track for a week first.

Tonight, we are supposed to go over to a young couple's house and help with their haunted house. They really went all out on it this year, building a tent like area, with walls, and a door, a wooden coffin big enough for one of their friends to stand it...the works. We are supposed to help herd kids through it, etc. I am supposed to dress up for it, but I have no idea what to wear. Maybe my black skirt and a black t-shirt.

I never purchased any candy to give out tonight. I guess we will just leave the light off, and not answer the door if anyone comes before we leave. I hope no one does any 'tricks', but I seriously doubt they will. The lady across the street has kept her light off, and not answered the door for the ten years we have lived here, and no one does anything to her....

I will be back later. I need to think through the challenge too, and come up with a plan for the holidays. Christmas will be at my daughter's and her husband, the professional chef, will be cooking. I will not have much say for that meal, but Thanksgiving, and parties...I need a plan for them.

Later!
Old 10-31-2005, 10:13 AM   #4  

Good morning! I have to post my first weigh in! I lost 2.5 pounds!!! I am sooo happy. It has been sooo long since the scale has moved (in the right direction ) I think it has been like 8 months where I was totally fed up with the scale. I think I finally found the right way to eat. Yippee!

OK- now I must calm down.
Monet- I have been thinking about Thanksgiving and parties too. I have always just "let myself enjoy it" because it is a special day. I have learned I really can't do that. Its not gonna work for me. It never has in the past. This time around and being on SB, I feel I will have enough choices where I can probably still be satisfied and I can always make something to bring that I can have! My problem is gonna be portion CONTROL!!! I have to make myself stop!

Ok- I have to get my butt in gear and do something around this messy house!

Hope everyone has a great day!! Hugs- MUNCH
Old 10-31-2005, 10:26 AM   #5  

Dang! Its 10:20 already, and I have accomplished zip, zilch, nada! I just woke up from a nap! How lame is that?
Old 10-31-2005, 10:54 AM   #6  
Little Engine That Could

Good Monday and MMM to everyone. My MMM is not great because I'm back to 166, which is up 2 pounds. Although my eating last week accounts for it. So, I need to follow the point made in my sig. and get watching what I'm eating.

So far today I've have my wonderful homemade meusli and have walked 6400 steps. Hope to get 10000, BUT eating right is even more important. Tonight is class, and my DH and I always get together at a restaurant as he has class also. Chinese tonight. I'll be good!

I've been wired up to the telephone for 90 minutes now. I have a call in to SSI and I guess they only have one person handling all the incoming calls. What do I expect with a government office!

BOB--Be sure to read my post on page 6 of last weeks support board.
Have a great day y'all.
Old 10-31-2005, 11:08 AM   #7  

Good morning all. I didn't step on the scale. I forgot before I went o the Y.. It's been a crazy morning. I'm sitting here with a Thermal Fusion Enzyme masque on myt face gearing up to make some calls.

Trav left for work early, which woke the kids up. SO I got up and fed them and had my fiber shake for breakfast. After Travis left for work, my neighbor called. She had locked herself out of her house and wanted to know if we had a key (we are very close, she has a key to our house.) We don't because we always use her locked key,w hich someone has taken now. So my ghetto Cali upbringing changed the day. I went over with my 2 kids and an old creditcard, and I was into her brand new $350K house in under 60 seconds. Hows that for safe, right? She was very thankful, yet terrified
I reminded her that I could have gotten her car hotwired, too, if she needed it :wink:

So I headed to the Y and did my water aerobics. Now I'm back sipping on a Go Figure shake with strawberries. YUMM!!

Now I've got ot get to work. It's the last day of the month, so I've got to see if I can drum up a bit more sales to meet my goal. I'm only $200 off!!!!! Yep that's of $10K!!! I can't believe I'm this close.

Monet- You inspired me with your shake. I had forgotten I had some strawberries in the fridge. I'm enjoying them right now

Munch- You're awesome!!!!!! Good job. This is such a healthy lifestyle. You're gonna love it!!!
Old 10-31-2005, 11:11 AM   #8  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

GOOD MONDAY MORNING TO ALL YOU BUSTIN BUDDYS!!!

WHAT HAPPENED TO LAST WEEKS BOARD?????

GATOR...I went back to see what you were referring to, and the whole weeks board is gone????

I went to work without reading what my note from the DOC said and is was "until further notice"....I called the office and they said to go home!
So....here I am again!!!

BOB
Old 10-31-2005, 11:39 AM   #9  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

WELL DUH!!!! IT WAS RIGHT THERE HIDING ALL ALONG!!!

GATOR....HOPEFULLY....Y'ALL WILL GO IN THERE AND WHOMP UP ON THEM AND IT WILL END UP THE BIGGEST PLATTER OF FRIED CHICKEN THAT'S EVER BEEN SEEN!!! Do it for PHAT PHIL!!!! Our Offense hasn't really shown up for any game this season. The games that we have won were by the GRACE OF SMOKEY'S TAIL!!! The PROBLEM IS RANDY SANDERS and why they can't see that I don't know!!!!! David Cutcliff is in Ktown and they need to scoop hip back up so we can get some kind of normal back! AND YES....I'LL BE PULLED RIGHT UP TO THE TV TO SEE Y'ALL WHOMP UP ON THE

I have to follow a Diabetic Diet, so I went to B&N and bought a book that tells me just what I can eat. NO LIVER.....I can't believe that!! LOVE LIVER!!!!! WHAT'S WRONG WITH LIVER??????

TALITHA......MONET.....GET MOVING GIRLFRIEND!!!!!

BOB

Last edited by THE BIG ORANGE BABE; 10-31-2005 at 11:46 AM.
Old 10-31-2005, 11:41 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy Halloween Ladies

Hope everyone has a plan to stay out of the candy tonight.

I bought stuff I don't like and not too much of it so I will probably run out and then shut the door. Seems like the neighborhood kids come early and then all the drop off kids come later. So if I run out by that time, I won't mind.

I think I have my head on straight this week. I need to anyway as Monet mentioned with the holidays coming I need to get on track and stay there.

It was a nice weekend and we got lots of yard work done.

Monet, I am waiting until next week to weigh too. I too am planning for an OP week.

Munch, congrats on your first loss on SB. I hope you see many, many more of them with us. Thanksgiving can be pretty easy since turkey and sweet potatoes are legal foods. You can even make a legal pumpkin pie. Portion control is a big problem for me too. I have to learn that I don't have to eat everything on my plate.

Gator, I'm sure that 2 lbs is from the game party and will be gone in a day or 2 of legal eating. Mostly water I'm sure. It was a good game and I was pulling for the Gators. Don't tell Monet.

Bob, how are the diuretics working? Look at all the exercise you are getting running to the potty Sorry about the Vols loss. What a bummer!

Talitha, Wow you had a great month of sales. Sure hope you can reach that $200. Sure had a good laugh about you getting into the neighbors house so easily.

Have a great day.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:23 PM   #11  
Addicted to potato salad!

Okay...just a quick check in. I'm in between Kyle's party and the parade and then it's Shelley's party at the middle school. I'll be so glad when today is overwith. My DH just made me feel bad about Kyle's Darth Vader costume. I think I've mentioned that I'm disorganized...right? So, I can't find his black sweats ANYWHERE!! And I just hate going to Walmart on the weekend, so I decided to wing it with the squares of black material I have leftover from Shelley's costume last year and make a small cape for him and my husband, whose mother was, LITERALLY, a hollywood costume designer, says it's really weak and says, 'really...what have you done for it...you cut out a square and put a hole in it for his head...' You know...I'm good at curtains and that's about it. So, I'm going to go get Shelley's costume from last year and make a cape out of that. DH says it has to go to the ground. You know...I just got TOM yesterday and now I'm just really depressed and feeling really sensitive about it all.

Anyhow...just a quick question for MUNCH: So...did you go to Hilton schools? I graduated in 1983. Wow...what a small world...just when I feel like I'll never have anyone in my neck of the woods on the board...I've lived in several places in Greece and grew up in North Greece (which is Hilton, to me...) and have lived behind the Marriot on Ridge Road, by the mall, down by the lake, over by Kodak Park and did a two-year stint in Fairport/Macedon. I went to MCC. I worked at Penney's in Long Ridge Mall for 10 years in the beauty salon. Before I worked at Penney's, I worked in Brockport. You could say I'm from Greece, but went to Hilton schools. But I spent all my summers up here with my mom while my dad commuted to Kodak and had my 'summer friends' and my 'winter friends'. Oh...and how 'bout those Bills!! Of course, I've been a rabid fan since I can remember. I even had my picture taken with...Joe Ferguson...when I was 14 years old. I was completely star-struck. I wonder whatever happened to him? They did great last night...until the last few minutes...which is all it takes to lose a ball game!!

Okay...gotta to get Lord Vader a better cape before the parade...talk to you guys later!!

Kris

Oh...and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

Will do more replies later if I have time...if not, tomorrow for sure

PS... my son is dancing like the carrot!!

Last edited by techwife; 10-31-2005 at 12:26 PM.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:55 PM   #12  

Flying by with the lunch report. Leftovers just did not appeal...so I had two Mavarik Ranch (all beef, no fillers) hot dogs with no buns, or ketchup, and some popcorn. (yeah, I know...not legal really, but not wheat which was its appeal to me) I had a second cup of coffee with agave and half and half. Did I mention I ordered agave from Sweet Cactus Farms? Their price included shipping, which made it about the same as I can get it around here, actually about 10 cents less. I like the dark, but can't find it locally, so I ordered a combo pack of both light and dark. It got here in less than four days, which I thought was terrific.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:15 PM   #13  
Little Engine That Could

Happy Halloween to everyone
I have French class tonight and my DH has BSF, so neither of us will be home. I will close all the curtains and turn off the outdoor lights, and just won't bother with it. That's the way I normally solve the problem. For those of you with kiddies and feel like you have to give out candy, give out dimes instead. you can't eat them, and yet you'll be giving something out. Just stay out of your kid's candy!!!

BOB--Yep, Gamecock tastes like chickin'. We have to get by Vandy this week, and this year nothing is guaranteed. I really know your frustration with the offense. As I said before, the only offense that we see in the offense is the offense to the fans when they see how offensive they are. NOT! Some years are just long and sad, and being a Gator fan since 1960, we've had more than our share of bad years. SOS was our "savior" and finally put UF on the map. He still is an offensive genius, but just someone else's offensive genius. I know the Gators will try hard to win one for PP, and we all've gotta pull for Fillise's team to pull one out in Athens.

Lunch was a big salad, lots of lettuce, 1/2 apple chopped up, paper thin sliced onion, 5 baby carrots, and 3 oz. ham. Then 1.5 T of my low cal dressing and 1/4 cup non fat cottage cheese on top. Yum. I'm nice and satisfied and will be set until dinner.

Munch--Congratulations on your loss. That's a really good start. You'll find this WOE very good, and just about "normal". Actually, when you eliminate the processed foods and the white flour and sugar, and stuff like sugary cereals, grits, etc. you've worked yourself down to a really basic healthy diet, which would be good for a lifestyle for life. That's not hard, is it. The hard part is staying weaned off sugar and watching portion sizes. Good luck to you.

BOB--I love liver too. But don't eat it because it is the body's filter, getting rid of all the bad stuff. I used to eat it but haven't in several years. Let us know when you research the diabetic diet--Isn't it pretty much like SB? The stuff we eat on SB seems to be designed to keep the blood sugar level, avoiding any spikes that come with starch, sugar, and simple starches and sweeteners. Let us know as we are interested in your progress.

Well, gotta go. I finally got through to the SSI after 90 minutes on hold.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:23 PM   #14  

Wheww! What a weekend! Saturday we went to Halloween party at MIL house. It was fun! though not quite as frightful as we normally are. One of my husbands' cousin's wife passed away during the night Friday night and we felt a little guilty partying when this had happened. The kids both had friends over to spend the night and they went along with us. Then yesterday was spent getting the friends back home and going to visit the funeral home.
In between all of this we have the new furbabies to take care of. We have new names for them- Salem and Blair! Hope we still like the names AFTER Halloween!

Rachel was complaining that she felt hot last night around 8pm. I took her temp and it was 101! No complaints of sore throat, earache, stomachache or anything. I even asked her if it has been burning when she goes to the bathroom. I gave her some motrin and put her to bed. Well she wakes up this orning fever free and ready to go! Wierd huh? I haven't heard anything from the school nurse yet either! Maybe it was just one of those things!
Old 10-31-2005, 01:26 PM   #15  
Little Engine That Could

OK, I've been thinking about how to make it through the holiday period starting in 4 weeks. What really get's me is the sugar. Sugar is addictive for me, and when I'm on sugar I don't even think right. Eating sugar begats eating more sugar. And some of the best stuff during the holidays are the desserts. I can just picture in my mind some of the beautiful stuff--cakes and cookies--really unique and delicious stuff that I made. I made batches of festive cookies and gave most of them away as gifts. Wreaths, Santas, apricot crescents, candy cane cookies , just really neat ones. So maybe if I "contract" to not eat the sweet stuff I can eat stuff like dips in moderation. Kind of like a trade off. Or another plan would be to make menus ahead, and include a cookie or treat in it. I would have to make at least one week ahead of menus. If I served myself a cookie as part of an "eating plan" I could have my cookie and eat it too. If I upped the energy (caloric) intake by, say 100 calories a day to take into account my "holiday treat" maybe I could handle it that way. I'm just thinking aloud here, and using this as a discussion starter. Let me know what you think.
Closed Thread