Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 07:17 AM   #1  

Default Sugarbusters Weekly Support Board 7/25 - 7/31

Welcome to Sugarbusters!

This is the Sugarbusters support board, where anyone following, or interested in following, Sugarbusters is welcome to come for discussion, and support. We hope you will become a part of our great group!

We try to have different themes for different days of the week.

MONDAY: MMM, or Metal Monster Monday, is when we weigh in, and post our progress. This is voluntary.

TUESDAY: Is tip day- we try to share a tip, or two to help each other.

WEDNESDAY: Is Wonderful Wednesday. On Wednesdays, we share something wonderful about our selves, or our lives.

THURSDAY: Is Thirst Day! A reminder to drink your water! Its a good day to share a recipe too!

FRIDAY: Is FF, for Friday funnies. Everyone needs a laugh on Friday!

You are welcome to post questions, vent frustrations, whatever, but please be respectful of others and their beliefs.

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/for....php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/for....php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...882#post910882

NEWBIES: To post a reply, please hit reply and NOT new thread.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:31 AM   #2  

Default Challenges!

Challenge Time!

1. Get in an extra workout this week, POST IT!

2. Journal - write down what you eat, when you eat and why.

3. Share a funny story about weight loss- yours or someone else's.

Don't forget your WATER!!
Old 07-25-2005, 08:26 AM   #3  

Default Mmm

Its Metal Monster Monday...

I was the same as last week this morning. I was pretty discouraged, since I was very careful all week with the exception of the Jamaican patties, and a bit of potato salad Saturday night. I plan to give this Leptin plan three weeks, so that is two full weeks, and so far its not a magic bullet for me for sure....

Not much else is going on. I started two new knitting projects, and now I am not sure I like the one, and I may pull it out and start over again. Tom got in from camping about 3:30 yesterday, just in time to unpack, brew some espresso and head off to church. He had a great time, of course. What is it with men and camping? I guess it appeals to the caveman in them....

I don't have much planned for today. I guess I will work on knitting, and chill. I could read Harry Potter...but I think I will wait on that. Tom is reading it, and we would fight over the book!

Old 07-25-2005, 09:13 AM   #4  
Addicted to potato salad!

MMM has me at around 157-158 and holding. I won't tell you what I ate yesterday...

Happy Monday to you all...it's going to be a really, really hot one today...even worse tomorrow. Close to 90 today and 95 tomorrow...so glad we put in the pool. DH only has to go 30 mins to work today and says he's hoping he can get home early and take us out on the boat . THAT would be nice. And I have to take DD to her clarinet lesson and cut my mom's hair and then the day is mine to cool off somehow.

Oh, and I wanted to mention something about my Crystal Light. You know, I had a can of it that I swear had the splenda symbol on it, but when I went to buy some the other day at Price Chopper, I couldn't find one with splenda to save my life. I must have been hallucinating. Anyhow...does this make it a bad thing to drink? I notice nobody on the board mentioning drinking it.

Anyhow...I have to go psyche myself up to remain calm in the heat and humidity. I reeeeeaallly hate hot and humid weather...I get really miserable and irritated.

Okay...talk to you guys later...Kris
Old 07-25-2005, 09:15 AM   #5  
Goddess

Hello all--I got back to Auburn last night. No time to do a long post, but wanted to let you know I"m home and that we had a great trip to NYC! In fact if you were watching Good Morning America last Monday you would have seen us!

I will try to get back on later this afternoon or tonight with a more detailed report and some pictures. I haven't had time to catch up, so I hope everyone is OK!

Talk to you soon!

Susan
Old 07-25-2005, 09:17 AM   #6  

Just a note to let you all know CindyLcing's father passed away last night. (7/24)

Cindy, you are in our prayers.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:04 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy Monday Ladies

It isn't for me. I was up all night with my foot. Seems either the neuropathies or the RA or combination of both is acting up. My foot is swollen and sore. I can't even put it on the ground. I drug out the crutches and tried to limp along on them. I think I am better limping along on my heal. It is throbbing. Sitting with an ice pack, but not getting much relief. Driving was very painful. I tried to weigh but could not put my foot down long enough to get an accurate wt. I'll say I stayed the same. I was really bummed as DD brought her new treadmill in and I was ready to get up and get on it this morning. I can feel the fat climbing right on.

Cindy, so sorry about your dad. At least he is not suffering anymore and is a much better place that we are. I know no matter what it is very hard and you will miss him. Sending prayers for you and your family.

Susan, glad you had a great trip. I always watch GMA until I leaver around 7:20. I didn't see you

Tech, try to stay cool. It is going to be 99 here today with a heat index of 114. It was pretty hot all weekend. I tried to stay in a pool most of the time. DH insisted on cutting the grass around 5:00. I was sure I would come home fromthe store and he be laying in the yard from heat stroke. Unlike you, I love the heat. Give me 100 instead of 20 any day.

Monet, sorry you didn't see good results on the scale today. Give it another week of being 100% and see what happens. Thanks for starting the board.

Gator, I had a questions about the salad dressing you sent me. You stated it had 25 calories per TB. Canola oil has 120 calories per TB as does Olive oil. So how can that be. I made another dressing with oilive oil and vinegar and freaked out when I saw how many calories it had.

Bob, hope you are feeling better.

BF; SB cereal, strawberries, skim milk
Lunch: salad with 2 oz grilled chicken
Dinner: LF kilbasa, sauerkraut, veggie

Haven't had time to read the weekend posts. Will try to do that later. Have a great day.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:18 AM   #8  

Ok, I am bummed... back up this morning on my scale, but my scale has always been unpredictable and high. I'm not going to post the lbs. I'm just going to do really well this week and buy a new scale for MMM next week.

I've got some new motivation. Travis has decided that he wants to get healthy and lose weight with me. I al really excited about it.

ALso, I nursed Jake for the last time yesterday. I'm really sad but I just need ot to be over. I have enough problems with depression right now, and I can't spend so much energy making sure that everything that I'm eating is ok, and then dealing with the guilt every time he has a reaction. He's eating solid food 3 times a day now, so it was time.

I had a fiber smoothie for breakfast. It was a really good one! Going to my MIL's for lunch with the kids. We're having rotisserie chicken, salad and fruit. It'll be good.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:21 AM   #9  

Hey ya'll! We got back from camping on the lake yesterday afternoon, but I was too tired to post. We had a great time even though it was HOT, and no one came home roasted!

Monet- I think I am more into camping than my hubby, though he seems to enjoy it. Thekids and I went over on Friday morning and set up camp ourselves. He did not get there till after work in the afternoon. He was there yesterday to stike the campsite. ha ha!

Cindy- our thoughts and prayers are with you!

Tech- We drink crystal light all the time. The kids love it. Sean is insulin resistant and actually this summer the doctors have started mentioning syndrome X or metabolic syndrome. We buy the wal-mart brand becuse they have so many flavors. We have not noticed any adverse effects.

I have to go to my school and start getting my clinic in order for the new school year! Hope you all have a great day!
Old 07-25-2005, 10:21 AM   #10  

Oh, BTW, Travis fixed the car yesterday, and Jake started sitting himself up and pulling himself to standing in his crib, all in one day!! I'm determined to stay positive. It's really hard right now. We finally paid the gas bill, but they haven't turned it back on. I'm still only able to cook with my crock pot and electric wok. I have a prayer counseling meeting today. I know we can make it out of this...
Old 07-25-2005, 10:29 AM   #11  

Oh pooie I was up a pound today!!!! Doesn't make me a happy camper!

I'm so sorry Cindy about your Dad. You and your family are in my prayers....
Old 07-25-2005, 05:09 PM   #12  

Good afternoon everyone! My weight this morning was 121.5#; I think I am losing muscle mass. I haven't worked out much in the past 2-3 weeks. I have to get back into it this week! I am going to make chicken parmigiana tonight, and a large salad; I am going to make rolls too, and will probably eat one. I have my abdominal ultrasound tomorrow at 4:30 p.m., so I can only eat one slice of dry toast OR a small piece of fruit before 8 a.m., and can only have sips of water throughout the day. I am going to be dying by the time I get that test done....I'll probably pass out due to hunger and dehydration (ha). I guess that's not funny since it could happen.

I took the girls to swim lessons, and then to Chick-Fil-A for lunch. We then went by the outlet mall, and shared a large caramel, dark chocolate apple...it was toooo good, and I ate toooo much. One of Britt's friends is over playing now. I cannot believe we are in the last week of July already; where does the time go?

Has anyone seen Madagascar yet? I am thinking about taking the girls, but don't know if it is appropriate for their age, and if Lane would get into it. If you've seen it and have any opinions, I'd like to know.

Monet: Sorry you didn't see a loss on the scale, especially since you were good last week. Give it a little more time, and you will know if this will be the answer for you or not. I never have gotten into the Harry Potter books....I've never even read a chapter; that's probably a good thing, huh? I've probably saved a couple hundred dollars over the past few years.

Tech: Glad the scale was good to you. I think the Crystal Lite is made with aspartame; that is why I have avoided it. I am really trying to stear clear of all artificial sweeteners, including Splenda. There is so much conflicting info. on it that I'd rather train my tastebuds to do without it. I am trying to use Agave for whatever I want sweetened....we'll see how long that lasts.

Fillise: Welcome home. I can't wait to hear about your trip and see pictures!

Cindy: ((((((HUGS))))). So sorry to hear about your DD; I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Jack: Sorry to hear about your foot; what a drag!! I hope you can get some relief soon and get on the new treadmill. Have you received your test results back yet?

Talitha: I cannot believe you had to deal with so many lung infections in such a short amount of time. Do the doctors know what makes you more prone to getting them? I think you need a new scale. I got mine at Wal-mart, and didn't pay too much for it. It is a digital, and is usually right on what the doctor's scale says. It is a Taylor, and has a lithium battery. Glad your DH has decided to get healthy too; it will make it so much easier for you to have him eating and exercising with you. Don't feel guilty about weaning Jake...you were able to breastfeed him longer than I was able to breastfeed either one of mine. I'll pray for things to turn around for you all soon...(hugs).

Thin: Welcome back; glad you had a good time camping. How many S'mores did you eat? .

Toni: It's only a #. It will probably be gone next week! Hang in there.

I better go check on the kids.

Take care,
Nat
Old 07-25-2005, 05:26 PM   #13  

PANCHO: You can get the Harry Potter books out of the library. They are very well written stories...I think you would enjoy them. I think they are destined to be classics....

I have to go make Tom's smoothies and lunch. He just got in, and is a wee bit cranky. (the air in his truck is not working....driving home in the heat has an adverse effect on his mood!)
Old 07-25-2005, 06:53 PM   #14  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!

I went back to work today, and made ALL DAY!! :clap: I still continue to feel better each day, but that deep congested cough is still hanging on! The Doc said it will be a long while until that's gone because it's the hardest to get rid of!
Thanks again for all of y'alls good thoughts! They helped!

CINDY...I'm so sorry about your Dad. We're here for you when you need us!

SUSAN..DANGIT GIRL....I would have waved, and something tells me that y'all would have waved back at me! Glad you're home and that you had a good time...any pictures????? I bet MS BELLE was glad to see her Mommy!!!

KRIS...Now you know how I feel with the humidity...we have it all year long!

JACKIE...sorry about your foot...you'll be back to the treadmill before you know it! Will y'all be going to the Tennessee game this year? It's in Lexington and I'm thinking about flying up for the game...I'll let you know
as the time grows nearer.

THIN...glad you're back and that you had a good time!

TONI...

MONET...wish I had some of those MATERS...I'm really craving a MATER SAMICH....

NAT...I bought some MADAGASCAR Birkinstocks Saturday, but haven't heard about MADAGASCAR the movie...

TALITHA..glad you got your car fixed...I know you are too.

Have y'all heard about the SAND STORM that headed to FLORIDA from the African desert? They say it's harmless, but we will be spectacular sunsets
out of it...they said the clouds of sand are the size of the US!!!

Hope I didn't miss anyone...I've off to straighten up the kitchen before my TV shows start!

BOB
Old 07-25-2005, 07:25 PM   #15  
Addicted to potato salad!

Pancho/Monet: I just finished Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. I've read every book...have all the movies...and I'll attach a picture of my DD on Halloween a few years ago...she looks more like Hermione than Hermione does We're rather into it here... Now I'm re-reading Goblet of Fire one chapter a day and then having DD read it and I'm making questions as I go along on vocabulary and general questions to be sure she 'gets it'. One chapter a day. I want her to read the book before the movie comes out in November. I think it's always good to do that whenever possible. I just love these books...what a phenomenal (sp) world she's developed. I just love emersing myself in the fantasy of it all.... That's what reading's all about, to me...

Cindy: I know you've been going through a lot with your dad these last months. Prayers and hugs to you and your family.

Hi to everyone else... Will do better replies tomorrow...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hermioneshelley01.jpg (16.3 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by techwife; 07-25-2005 at 07:34 PM.
Closed Thread