Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 09:40 AM   #1  

Default Sugarbusters Weekly Support Board 7/4 - 7/10

Welcome to the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-TASTY THURSDAY (RECIPE DAY)
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=890371#post890371

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

Old 07-04-2005, 09:46 AM   #2  

Default Challenges!

Its a brand new week! Time for some new challenges!

1. Try out a new exercise this week! It can be playing a new game, dancing to music in the shower...whatever!

2. Re-read a few chapters in the Sugarbusters book, or read a few chapters in another book on the subject!

3. Write up a menu plan for at least three days - in advance!

Go out and MAKE this a good week!
Old 07-04-2005, 09:51 AM   #3  

We have a birthday this week!

Its Toni's Birthday Sunday July 10!
Happy Birthday from all of us here in Sugarbustersland!

Old 07-04-2005, 09:53 AM   #4  

Good Morning! I slept very very late! As soon as I can figure out a bit of breakfast, we are going to head out for a walk. I hope everyone is having a great Fourth...

Old 07-04-2005, 10:11 AM   #5  
Little Engine That Could

Wow, the board is loading up really weird today. It wouldn't show up on the main menu until 5 min. until 10, that that means it sat in computerland for about an hour. Weird.

Great news, and I do apologize for my whining this week. I lost 1 1/2 pounds this week, and it didn't show up until this morning. As of Friday, my weight didn't show a budge, but that just shows me not to weigh but once a week. Maybe I'll start a ticker next week.

We are going over to my sister's this evening to cook out and set off some fireworks, the legal variety. She is having grilled lamb and some potato salad and some fruit. I am taking grilled veggies and some gigantic shrimp, 7 per pound. We will grill those on her BBQ. My DD is bringing tossed salad. So I should be good to go this evening. I hope the potato salad doesn't look that good!! I will also take a pitcher of iced tea so that I will not have any wine. Don't need to be drinking my calories.

I have not gotten out for my walk yet, but after I finish the vegetables, I will hit the street. Apparently a street near our house decided to have a big party today, so they closed off the ends of their street and put up banners, set out wading pools, BBQ's etc. Should be interesting to see.

Well, gotta go. The veggies are calling.
Old 07-04-2005, 01:37 PM   #6  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

HAPPY 4TH of JULY!!!

I just got back from the grocery and TARGET....I saved over $60.00 by taking my time and only buying the bargains!

Went to WINN DIXIE and man did they have the sales today! Hardly anyone in there...guess everyone is at the beach watching the boat races.

GATOR...computer problems???? Must be that VOODOO HEX I threw your way Hope you enjoy your evening...I'm in for the day...it's too dang hot out there. No breeze stirring at all! I agree...these WOMEN who haven't experienced You, Me, Susan and Missy before, during and after the SEASON are in for a treat....
As for your trip to Townsend...it's so beautiful up there, I miss the mountains so much...bring us some cool weather when you start home!

MONET...What's up on the LOVE BOAT today? Wish I were closer...I'd be that big bump in your pool!

CINDY...Were you able to take hormones? I know that's my problem. Since I can't take them, the suffering has been worse than normal...I've tried all the
herbs and such, but looks like I'll just have to muddle through this cold turkey!
HAVE A GREAT DAY!

I'm off...Gonna put on a pot of PINTO'S...I cooked chicken legs yesterday so they are already done...

BOB
Old 07-04-2005, 02:06 PM   #7  

Breakfast was a little granola, some almond butter, a handful of blueberries, and a small banana sliced, all mixed together. It was actually kind of good. Lunch was a cup of chicken salad made with all white meat, celery, vidalia onions, and home made grapeseed oil mayo with a splash of almond oil, and a fresh cuke out of the garden.

We went for a walk, and on the way back, ran into the new neighbor on the corner. I was really pleased and surprised to see it was the man who used to own the Toyota repair place we took our cars to. A while back, he just disappeared from the place, and I had never gotten the nerve to ask his rather sullen partner what happened to him. He told us he is working in a different field now, but it was funny- he looked up at me when I said his name, and said "Oh, yeah, you have the old Toyota Camry, and the old Toyota truck!". I love coincidences like that...I was wondering what had happened to him, and here he has been living four houses up from me for five months!

In other news, I got irritated with my knitting and pulled it all out and started over. It think it will look better now that I have a better idea of what I am doing.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 07-04-2005, 02:07 PM   #8  

BOB: I would love to have you live closer and inhabit my pool whenever the fancy struck....
Old 07-04-2005, 06:15 PM   #9  

Happy 4th to all !
Getting ready to exercise so just a quick stop by.

Gator gal- congrats on the 1 1/2 loss.

Bob- good job on the savings. Nope I havnt/didnt have to take hormones. By the time I saw my dr the only thing I really had left on symptoms was some mild hot flashes. He said if I felt I didnt need anything better not to take. Im really glad cause I did not want to go on hormones. I did take evening primrose oil and that seemed to help the hot flashes a bit.

Monet- your mayo sounds good. Ive never tried to make my own before. I just recently got used to eating the Light mayo. Couldnt stand it before but now Its not so bad when thats all Ive allowed myself to have.

Have a great and safe day !
Old 07-04-2005, 08:31 PM   #10  
Goddess

Default Happy Fourth of July!

HAPPY 4TH!!!!!

It is also Miss Belle's 4th birthday today! We celebrated with a steak dinner. She even had her own plate (paper) with her steak all cut up for her.

I hope everyone had a good day today--and congrats to all who stayed OP nd for those that didn't, tomorrow is a NEW day and a NEW OPPORTUNITY!

Cindy--I didn't get any hormones either. I took some menopause formula vitamins that had evening promrose oil, black cohash and vitamin e to help with the flashes.

BOB--See above, I got the vitamins in, well, I really don't want to set you off, but it was kroger. It came in a box wth a packet of 5 or six pills for each day. It did seem to take the edge off the flashes though.

Gator--Sounds like you had your day planned well! I hope you cookout went well!

Monet--I cannot believe the car guy is in your neighborhood now! Does he know about the bad car aura around your house? Maybe he can do an exorcism.

I guess everyone is off celebrating or on vacation today. So I'm especially grateful to Cindy, Monet, Gator, and BOB for taking time from their holiday to check-in!

Have a good evening!

Susan
Old 07-04-2005, 09:46 PM   #11  

Dinner was an English muffin with one Boca burger, and one hamburger. I loaded them with lettuce, fresh tomatoes, Vidalia onions, and pickles, and home made mayo. We ate a Klondike bar for dessert.

I painted around the bathtub in the hall bathroom this afternoon, and put up the shower curtain tonight. It was probably not dry enough, but tough. I am SO sick of sharing my shower with two young women who are ADDICTED to cosmetics! Honestly, I have NEVER seen so many shampoos, moisturizers, conditioners, and perfumes in one place that was NOT a store! Its insane! And Laura's friend who lives with us works for Aveda as well as Blockbuster, and I think she keeps buying more. Anyway, between the two of them, there is hardly enough room to walk on the floor of my shower stall. I am SO going to enjoy having to share it with just Tom now! The bath room is going to look really cute when its done. The shower curtain is blue with frogs on it. The walls are being painted kind of a mint green. Its nice and bright.

FILLISE: I asked the car guy if my cars could come visit...he just laughed at me!

CINDY: I really like making my own mayo. It tastes so much better than what you can buy, and its really easy to do. If you have a food processor, all you do is put one egg, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and a 1/4 of a cup of oil, like olive or grapeseed and a dash of salt. Turn on the processor, and put another 3/4 of a cup of oil into the drip tube, and let it all drip in with the processor going. Once its all incorporated, the mixture will thicken. There is just NO comparison on taste...and you know exactly what is in it!

I twisted my back funny and I am in considerable pain, so I think I will get off here and go try and relax!
Old 07-05-2005, 08:22 AM   #12  
Going to Meet My Goal!

......BOO!

hehe...june was a CRAPPY month for me...full of ugliness and depresson...but i have been doing good so far this month....got in 4 mile walk every day...tho i wish i was sleeping good again lol....summer classes start for me on monday .. woo hoo ...

i missed ya'll and hopefully ill be able to keep up this time....eventually ill fix my ticker but...not just yet lol
Old 07-05-2005, 08:43 AM   #13  

Oh shoot I forgot to come here yesterday in all my laziness. It was a good fourth here with DH and I barbequeing hamburgers and just relaxing. Yea a new week.

Monet- thank you so much for my birthday wish. I can't believe I'll be ANOTHER year older.... Your bathroom sounds so nice and cool with the mint green and frogs!

Gatorgal- A great big YA HOO on the weight loss. I'm so happy for you.

Bob- Hope those pinto's turned out good. Sounds like you really got the deals by bargain shopping. I love when I do good and save well.

Cindy- A great big howdy to you...

Fillise- Hope my DH cuts me up some steak on a plate for my birthday.... You're spoiling Miss Belle.....

Sebray- good to see you back. July will be a better month! Just hang in there......

Off to get more coffee and face the dreaded scale....
Old 07-05-2005, 09:01 AM   #14  

Hello all, I'm a little ashamed of myself.... I did really well all weekend. I decided on Friday night to go low carb for a week to jumpstart my system. It's easier for me to just not eat any carbs than to remember what's legal or not. I thought it would be good while I'm trying to get back in the groove.
So I did amazingly well all weekend. And even yesterday, until someone handed me a slice of Key Lime pie last night. And then I felt like such a loser that I cxhased it down with a vanilla bean shake from Starbucks. Of course I was miserable all night from the sugar. It always makes me sick, but I want it so bad!!
We went to Centenial Park to watch the fireworks last night. Poor Selah, The first ones shocked the pee out of her, literally. All over her poor Daddy! She's so tiny and Jake is so big that I just took his shorts off from over his diaper and put them on her. I never would have expected a 2 1/2 year old and a 6 month old to be able to share clothes!

MONET- I'm going to try that Mayo! My parents had frogs in their pool over the weekend. Selah was thrilled. Next time I come over we'll jst let her play in the bathroom! Sounds cute!

BOB- I've always wondered how to cook pintos. What do you put in them?

SEBRAY- If I can come back after a year, you're ok with missing a month
Old 07-05-2005, 09:43 AM   #15  

Morning! I just finished breakfast...three poached eggs, with a tad of butter melted on top and a cup of espresso with cream. I put agave in the espresso too. Yum!

SEBRAY: Well, you sure are a sight for the sore eyes! Its great to see you! I was thinking I needed to send you an email to see how you were. You know, if you are down and depressed, this is the place to come. We would have been happy to help.

TALITHA: Poor Selah! I was pregnant with my older daughter when we went to see fireworks. (her birthday is July 26) She hated them! She kept kicking me and flipping around... We have friend from Croatia who says she just can't enjoy them...scares her too much!

TONI: A lazy weekend is good! Just so long as you don't get lazy with the SB stuff! I can't wait to finish the bathroom! There is still one whole wall that is deep yellow that I have not painted, or primed. The mint color is so much brighter...

There is just too much going on around here. I would love to chill all day! Last night, at 2 am, I woke up to noises. My daughter and a few of her friends were heading out to the street in front of the house to shoot off her fireworks! I told her no way! If the neighbors did not call the cops, *I* would! So, she is not very happy with me, but this morning, I sent her to bed. She has been up all night two nights in a row now...

Ok, I am off to take James to work. Then I need to go to the store. I will check in later!
Closed Thread