Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 11:06 AM   #1  

Default Sugarbusters Weekly Support Board 5/30 - 6/5

Welcome to the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-TASTY THURSDAY (RECIPE DAY)
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58728

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

Old 05-30-2005, 11:21 AM   #2  
Goddess

Smile Memorial Day!

Wow--it's 10:15 central time and I'm the first one here after Monet started the board. I guess everyone is either sleeping in or out having fun.

Don't forget to party within reason--use those 100% WW hamburger and hotdog buns for your cookouts and back away from the chips!!!!!!!

It's rainy here today so no fun in the sun for me. Although I am a bronzed babe these days. I'm using the Jergens Natural Glow and must say I really like the results. It took forever to find it, but I finally got my hands on a couple of tubes at Walmart last week.

I hope everyone has a good OP day!

Susan
Old 05-30-2005, 01:20 PM   #3  

Good afternoon,

Today is a lazy day. Dh and I lazed around the bed until around 9.30am. Jess was our pretend "mother" and she took care of her 2 sicked kids...lol, may I say 2 BIG sicked kids...lol. She gave us few shots to make us few better, made us some pretend food and also gave us some medicine...lol.

It has been raining here since yesterday afternoon and hasn't stop since. Kind of a little depressing because I was hoping to get out to do some yard work today. My daylilies are in the pots and the flowers are blooming so beautiful. It would be nice to put them in the ground to be able to admire them better. Dh and I will be going out to check out some backsplash tiles at a liquidator store later. After that, we should be home doing a little grilling of our own. I am thinking of checking with my nextdoor neighbor to see if they have any plans, if not, I hope they could join us for dinner. I am going to cook anyway...an extra 2 persons won't be trouble at all. Dessert will be watermelon which is not legal but better than some cakes or pies. I know I can stick to a decent portion control plan

So far my menu for today :

Breakfast : 2 medium pancakes, 2 small sausages, scarmbled eggs and 1/2 cup of soymilk. Yep, I was hungry...lol.

Snack : A small bowl of watermelon. I have been having hugh craving of watermelon lately...it is definitely my fav fruit

Lunch : A medium bowl or pasta fazool neopolitan soup (store bought brand that I ocassionally used) which is pretty good and hearty. I felt like a lighter and simple lunch since we are having a "heavier" dinner.

Snack : Might be a small bowl of watermelon. Maybe even have some nuts.

Dinner : Grill filet mignon, coleslaw, baked beans, low carb potatoes and maybe a roasted marinated broccoli or pan-seared fennel.

FILISE : Hello Fillise!!! It is cool and rainy here too. Hope you have a wonderful day today.

EVERYONE ELSE : Have a good day as well!!!!

Julia
Old 05-30-2005, 02:49 PM   #4  

Hello,

I'm a newbie. I'm not going to enter what I ate today because it was not good. I'm still in that "sugar addiction" phase and trying to get on track. So this seems like a good place for me. I'm pretty good about exercising but food and eating is another matter altogether. I welcome any tips. Hope everyone is having a good day and doing better on the old eating thing that I am!
Old 05-30-2005, 03:14 PM   #5  

Good afternoon everyone! I got sidetracked this morning and never got any challenges posted. Sorry! As you can tell from the time, I thought today was Sunday and did not think to start the new board until late!

I just woke up from a nap...not sure how long I slept, but it felt really good. I had a kitten sleeping on my legs too. Kept me nice and warm!

Breakfast was an oat bran muffin and a few pieces of bacon. Lunch was a homemade ww waffle and two slices of bacon. Not sure what dinner will be, but I need to decide soon! Probably something in the pressure cooker! The Mexican meat mix turned out so good, I can't wait to make some more! And beans...oh my its fast!

James is up and around more and more, and we may go over to the outlet mall and walk later. Its 3/4 of a mile around on one floor, and makes for great walking when the weather is wet and icky like today.

FLANNEL: Welcome! We are glad you are here! This is a wonderful bunch on here, and we all struggle together, and offer encouragement. I hope you find all the support you need to achieve your goals here. Please just jump right in! Ask any questions you might have, and I am sure you will get plenty of advice. We have a few big losers on here, and a few long term Sugarbusters. Its kind of slow today, but will pick up tomorrow, after the holiday, I am sure!

KENG: I guess you did not see the post from the other day...please tell me the name of the restaurant you went to that was a buffet, and had scallops and stuff! Where is it? If it is north of you, that would be perfect for me!

FILLISE: Its rainy here too...the youth group party in my pool was moved to a movie party at the leaders house. That was a bit of a relief, since the pipes are all still pretty torn up....hopefully it will get more livable by the big bbq and pool party next Saturday....
Old 05-30-2005, 03:19 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Howdy!

Good afternoon ya'll. Looks like the rain is making its rounds. I can't tell you how glad I am to see the little bit we are getting. My garden is soaking it all in. The squash is especially loving it. Eating has been so so. Looking forward to a good week this week.

Welcome Flannel Annie!

Hope you are all having a safe holiday.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 05-30-2005, 04:08 PM   #7  

Hey yall! I'm also glad to have the rain, but I hope it all drops this week and turns beautiful and sunny just in time for next week!

We went to a family reunion yesterday and eating shot right out of the water!
There was fried chicken, potato salad, creamed corn, lasagne, any kind of salad you can think off, and desserts galore! But it was sooo good!
I ate till I felt I would pop!

Today we went to my inlaws for what was supposed to be a cook out. Instead we cooked the burgers inside and has a few chips and fruit for dessert. Kind of a boring, rainy day. The weather channel is calling for rain all week , so much for the first week to be out of school for the summer!

Hope you all have a great week!
Old 05-30-2005, 04:49 PM   #8  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Y'all are welcome to come on down to share in this 85 degree sunshine!
I went in and worked 4 hrs this afternoon and just got home a bit ago...well long enough to give this "TINY BLACK FUR BALL" a bath...she's asleep in my lap all wrapped up in a towel!
Got a pot of "YELLOW EYED BEANS" on the stove for supper...

Hope eveyone had a great day off!

BOB
Old 05-30-2005, 04:59 PM   #9  

Flying by... I have a pot of chicken soup on. Pressure cooker pot of course!

BOB: Go ahead...rub it in! Its gray, wet and cold here in Hotlanta...

THIN: Ah, family reunions! Its so hard to resist all those traditional foods, isn't it?

COUNTRY: Thanks for the reminder! All this rain will probably boost the growth rate on those little squashes I saw two days ago!

Gonna go check my chicken soup...
Old 05-30-2005, 09:22 PM   #10  

MONET : I did reply to you on last week's board and also enclosed the link to the restaurant's website as well. It's called, The Blue Willow Inn. Have you been there?

Sorry, didn't have time to do replies tonight but will catch up with the rest of you tomorrow

Julia
Old 05-30-2005, 10:23 PM   #11  

KENG: I had missed that post...thanks for pointing it out. I have not been there, or heard of it! It sounds amazing, and I think I will try and get Tom to go there for a special night out on a Friday soon.... Maybe if he takes a Friday off, we can get there right at five. Another great place to try that has wonderful food is PittyPat's Porch. Its down town. I remember their salad bar was the most incredible I had ever seen. Its been a few years since we went there...we don't do all you can eats much! Another great place is the Smith House in Dalonega, which is family style. (they put bowls of stuff on each table)
Old 05-31-2005, 08:26 AM   #12  

Good Morning! It feels like Monday! Its gray, and a bit wet here in Hotlanta...no complaints as we needed the rain and it has cooled the temps a lot. I slept like a log last night. It sure felt good, but I had weird dreams! Maybe it was the glass of port I drank just before bed....

I need to get some stuff done this week, as I have a large party here on Saturday. You all keep me on task ok?

I am going to go find some breakfast, and make some coffee or tea or something to help wake me up! Be back in a bit...
Old 05-31-2005, 09:54 AM   #13  

Good morning,

I woke up early today to get ready for my almost 26 weeks check-up. I was the first to get there and also the first patient, loved it! Baby "Junior" is doing great, active as ever while I have put on quite a bit of weight in the last 6 weeks...9 lbs!!! Boyy...I know it is reasonable to put on about 1/2 lb to 1 lb every week but 9 lbs in 6 weeks?? Anyway, the midwife is not concern at all but I was a little shocked. I better be more watchful of what I eat but definitely won't be on any diet or starvation. I know I have eaten more illegal meals lately (like the southern buffet last Sat??? LOL) so need to watch that.

Nothing much planned for today, probably just a quick trip to Publix to get few items. I believe we will get some more rain today so will probably stay home rest of the day. I need to do some cleaning too. Sighh..

Menu for today :

Breakfast : 1 ww waffle and 2 small breakfast sausages.

Snack : Soy milk and probably some fruits.

Lunch : Baked/pan-seared basa fish served over pesto pasta with asparagus and clams.

Snack : Fruits and yogurt.

Dinner : Not exactly sure yet.

Some replies :

FLANNEL : Welcome to our board. It is great to have you here and ask as many questions as you like. My tip is don't be afraid to ask any questions, no matter how small they are. We are here for each other.

MONET : Glad James is recovering well. Yes, Blue Willow is great especially when you need an authentic southern food experience, food and all. It was so worth it for me to go off plant here...lol. Fri and Sat has better menu as they have a combination of seafood and southern buffet as well. It is a little pricey on both days but it is so worth it. Definitely worth the treat once in a blue moon I haven't heard of PittyPat's Porch but sounds like a wonderful place.

COUNTRY : How are you? So, the rain made it at your place too huh? I think we will get more today.

THIN : Should I come with my wagon...lol. Gathering are hards and I had my fair share of "not-so good" choices last week

BOB : Yay, yah....good weather huh? Sure you don't need some rain??

Guess that's it for now. I need to get the house cleaned. Have a good day everyone!

Julia
Old 05-31-2005, 10:03 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Tuesday morning Ladies. Hope everyone had a great long weekend.

It is hard to remember that it is Tuesday and not Monday. Love a short week.

The graduation party was a great success. We had 98 people and plenty of food. Everything is cleaned up and moving on to vacation thoughts.

Definately back on track today. In fact, I am only have 1 starchy carb a day for this month. I want to lose 20#'s by vacation (July 1st). Not sure what I can do in the exercise dept other than walking. My back is killing me, I guess from being on my feet for 3 days straight. So I am going this afternoon to get an epidural. Hoping that does the trick. I can't even get out of a chair by myself now.

Julia, what do you use for baked beans? I can't find any with low sugar. I know watermelon and pineapple, & bananas raise your insulin level, but fruit can't be that bad. Like you say, much better than cakes.

Susan, sorry it is so gloomy there. we have a beautiful weekend. Will have to check out that tanning lotion. I just bought some ww Sara Lee buns, but they have 210 calories and 7 grams of sugar. And they are huge. I will have only half when I use them. Have a good day.

Flannel Annie, Welcome. This is a great place for support. Ask any questions and someone will have an answer.

Country, Glad you are enjoying the rain. You always seem to make lemonade out of lemons.

Thin, sorry you Ga girls are getting so much rain. Keep it down there.

Got to run and get busy since I have to leave around 1:00. My boss is going to love that one.
Old 05-31-2005, 10:34 AM   #15  
Goddess

Default Good (rainy) Tuesday morning!

Morning all! A really yucky day here--I didn't even want to get out of bed this morning!

I managed to get through Memorial Day with eating intact. I guess the fish fry last week waas the worst part of the week for me!

Jackie--Glad to hear that the party was a success, but sorry to hear that your back is bothering you. Where are you going for vacation this year? Im really liking the natural glow--give it a try! I saw the Sara Lee Buns too, but then my Kroger had some smaller 100% WW buns right next to those with less sugar, so I opted for the smaller buns. I have one more patty and one more bun, I may have a hamburger for lunch today!

Julia--If your weather is like ours today--don't go out of the house! I've never been to Blue Willow--but heard if it--it's very famous! I have been to Pitty Pat's Porch on several occasions--YUM! You and Jess have a good day today.

Monet--Sorry your pool party got rained out. Maybe you can do it later in the summer for the youth! When I was a little girl, my Daddy took me to Pitty Pat's Porch when we visited Atlanta. I've been back many times since and always enjoyed it. I was there four or five years ago last and that salad bar was still there!

BOB--I'm coming down for your sunshine--hang on, I'll be there in a little while!

Thin--Those family reunions are the WORST--all the family cooks in full swing. Just get back on track today!!!!!

Country--Enjoy the rain! I know in Texas it is feast or famine with the water!

Flannel--WELCOME! I remember trying to get the sygar out of my system--you have to be real careful to read labels and to not get refined sugars. After a couple of weeks, you really do lose your taste for sugar, so hang in there!

Alright--breakfast this morning was a bowl of Fiber One cereal and a 1/2 cup of milk and a small peach. I think I will cook that hamburger for lunch (with a salad) and bake some salmon and a sweet potato for dinner.

Have a great OP day everyone!

Susan
Closed Thread