Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 09:15 AM   #76  
Addicted to potato salad!

Just a quickie...chech out my tickers!!! Next stop...150's!!!

Old 05-20-2005, 09:15 AM   #77  
Goddess

Default More Pictures. . .

1. The mountains near where my grandfather was born. We were not quite to the top of the mountain at this point.

2. This is the inside of the little house we staying in outside of Lucca. The man is my DF.

3. This is the outside of the house. The grounds were beautiful, with lemon trees and kumquat trees and roses.

4. The leaning tower of Pisa.

5. My DM and I in Piazza San Marco in Venice.

Enjoy!

Susan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Alps.JPG (29.1 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg House inside.JPG (30.6 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg House outside.JPG (42.3 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg Pisa.JPG (24.3 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg San Marco.JPG (36.6 KB, 30 views)
Old 05-20-2005, 09:16 AM   #78  
Goddess

WTG Tech!!!! Wooo Hooo!
Old 05-20-2005, 09:24 AM   #79  

Good morning...

It's another sunny day. I didn't sleep too well today thanks to dh. He fell asleep on the couch watching a DVD. For some reasons, I woke up to to get him back to sleep. It was like someone woke me up to get him...lol. After that, I had a hard time going back to sleep.

Nothing much planned for today except a drive to my local YMCA and I have some cleaning to do around the house.

Menu for today :

Breakfast : 1 ww waffle, 1 small square of breakfast casserole (I am surprised I am not sicked of it yet...lol) and 1/2 cup of milk.

Snack : Might be an apple.

Lunch : Pan-seared basa fish, sauteed zucchini and squash and spaghetti in pesto sauce.

Snack : Fruits and yogurt.

Dinner : Not exactly sure yet.

Some replies :

BOB : Yes....I cannot believe that it's almost 6 months now. That's why I am going to spend my remaining 3 months with Jess and also my family before our life change again. I am getting really comfortable with Jess's age right now and definitely very comfortable with my freedom I have especially sleep That will all change in Sept Congrats on winning the book! I have not win anything yet so I understand how nice that can be

MUM : Welcome to the board!! You have come to the right place. This is an awesome board and do not hesitate to ask any questions you have. Reading the book first will definitely help you understand what SB is about and easier for you to understand what we are talking about as well. With that said, please don't be shy to ask questions even if you haven't read the book. We love new members so come hang out with us.

COUNTRY : My head feels so light after the haircut. I love the carefree feeling, it is like my hair no longer taking my head's hostage...LOL. I can shake my head easily...lol.

That's it for now and hope everyone have a good friday

Julia
Old 05-20-2005, 09:27 AM   #80  

TECH : Woo Hoo....I am dancing with you!! Congrats!!!

FILLISE : Thanks for the wonderful pics....love them!!! I hope dh and I have a chance to visit Italy in the future. I love the "village" feel to it.

Julia
Old 05-20-2005, 09:30 AM   #81  

FILLISE : I just went back to page 5 to read your post. I missed that. My due date is on 7th of Sept and I will be happy to have the baby on the 3rd I served at the toddler's nursery last Sunday and it was quite a chaotic environment there...lol. Their famous words were "mine!!!!", "no, mine!!!!"...LOL. Kids...lol.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:59 AM   #82  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good morning..((hugzz))

What a wonderful morning. I woke up and went back to sleep but not too long just enough to feel rested.

Susan..thanks for sharing your photos. I love the one of Venice and the one of the leaning tower. WOO HOO on the scales still moving down.

Tech....super on the new ticker!

Julia...I bet Jess is going to be a good helper when the little one gets here. Sometimes it's hard to share mama but if they look at the new addition as their baby it helps.

(((((((Everybody))))))))) Guess I'd better get off my hiney and at least get dressed.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 05-20-2005, 01:13 PM   #83  

I just got in from my volunteer stint at the church office. Not much to share this morning...

Breakfast was a cup of espresso and a small bag of M&M peanuts...(cringe) I did not get to eat breakfast before I had to leave, and one of the church staff gave them to me. I could not tell him no thanks!

Lunch is (eating it now!) two brown rice cakes with homemade mayo, ham and meunster cheese and broccoli sprouts, and a splenda diet coke.
Old 05-20-2005, 01:15 PM   #84  

TECH:
Old 05-20-2005, 02:30 PM   #85  

Hiedy Ho all---

Just chekcing in, not much up today. It was pouring down rain this morning, so wasn't able to walk. Did the TBT instead. Last night I ended up fixing broccoli instead of zucchini, but that was the only change. 4 full days down!! Made dh some rhubarb cobbler yesterday, and even though it is sf, I didn't eat any!!

Here is todays menu--

B-- Turkey bacon, 1 slice homemade ww toast with homemade sf peach jam, Lite 85 yogurt.

snack-- apple

L-- WW turkey and cheddar wrap, salad with lite bc.

snack-- orange

D-- Homemade ham and beans.

dessert-- 1/2 c sf pudding.

Pancho-- No, usually dh will diet for awhile and then quit. He took off 35 pounds when I started PP, quit and gained it all back. Started SB with me and lost it all again. Now he has gained it all back and wants to lose it again........hope he will stick to it this time. It sure makes it alot easier for me. He does like his sweets though. I made him a sf rhubarb cobbler last night and he only ate one small piece. He said if he gets the weight off this time he will start walking with me. Keeping my fingers crossed that he will stick with it this time. I bet Lane looks cute as a bug with her new glasses. I am sure that you DO look much better!! The things that come out of the mouths of babes!!

Keng-- Doesn't it feel wonderful to have a new hair cut?? I went in just before our trip. My cousin has been doing my hair for years. I told her I really liked the way she cut it last time because it was shorter.........she really shortened it this time, but I like it too!! I just won't have to go back for awhile..........for a cut anyway. I need to get somemore highlights done.....they have all been cut off, lol. Thanks for sharing the recipe, I am definitely going to try it.

Monet-- I think the kids will have a blast. $42 sounds like alot to me too.

BOB-- Hello to you too! How's the shoulder doing?? Hope that it is much better now.

Tech-- I use Miracle Gro on everything!! Last year when we had all the rain and cold, my plants all turned yellow, but after getting some sun, they snapped out of it. WHOO HOOO, you are doing super!!

MUM24-- Welcome, we are glad to have you here. Pop into your nearest library and check out the book. You won't be sorry.....this is a great way of eating and soon you will feel just as great as your SIL.

Country-- I bet those plants are just loving the heat!! It has been so wet here now that we haven't even been able to get our garden planted. If we don't get it in soon, it will be too late for most of our stuff. Lol, eating at the table for a dog is a no- no, shame on you!! But what the heck.........giggle, giggle.

Fillise-- The pictures are fabulous. Thanks for sharing with us. Someday, maybe I shall travel.........
Old 05-20-2005, 02:51 PM   #86  

Good Morning:

The scale said 123# this morning, so I gotta get with it. I only worked out one day this week. I have been putting together this garage sale for this weekend, and it has taken a lot more time than I put aside for it.

After taking Britt to school today, I went to a small little HFS that is going out of business and has marked 40-60% off their items; I got some stuff that we really don't need yet, but will down the road. They are marked higher than I can get them elsewhere, but with the % off, they come out quite a bit cheaper.

Lane has done fabulous with her glasses; she has only wanted to take them off a few times. I think they really do help her see better, and she realizes that even though they are not that comfortable. I let her clean them with the cloth when they get dirty and use the spray on them to clean them off. She feels like a big girl. We have made such a big deal about it to keep her excited that Britt wants glasses now .

I don't know if I will be on at all after this since I have all this garage sale stuff going on, but I will try to check in and read posts. MONET: I will e-mail you once I check out postage rates at UPS today online.

Fillise: Yummy....some of my fondest memories of my childhood are going to my grandparent's house in NM and picking strawberries out of their garden, and all kinds of other fruit out of their orchard. I miss those times. Thanks for sharing those awesome pictures!!!

Ken: That's how I felt when I got my hair cut. I hated it for the first few weeks, but once I got used to it, I was so glad I did it. I don't miss my long hair at all. You feel so light and free. The teachers and students seem to get so attached during the school year. My DD already said she doesn't want to go to 2nd grade because her teacher won't be there. Lane had done surprisingly well with her glasses, so far.

Monet: Do you ever order craft items from Oreintal Trading Company or Sensational Crafts? Their bulk prices seem to be pretty good? My kids would choose crafts anyday to TV. They love to get involved in a good craft project.

BOB: I would love to try a white sweet potato; I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for them. Congrats on the free book.

Mum24: Welcome; we would love to have you join us. I would recommend getting the book and reading it from cover to cover, just so you understand why you are eating "this" way. And then, come on over and ask as many questions as you want. Good luck to you!

Country: We are heating up too. We should hit record temps for this time of year this weekend (113 degrees). Of all weekends to have a garage sale, huh? We will set up early and only stay out til noon or so. I did find some tea tree oil at Whole Foods; thanks for the recommendation.

Tech: Congrats on the loss.

I hope I didn't overlook anyone. There are a few people missing; where are you all????

Gotta run. Have a great OP day!

Nat
Old 05-20-2005, 06:47 PM   #87  

We have an engagement party to go to tonight. I fixed the Masters Cheese ring for it. I have whole wheat ritz, which are NOT legal, and some triscuits, which are, to go with it. James may go with us, which would be nice. I like to get him to go out and socialize with new folks now and then. He tends to hibernate in his room a lot...

Tom staked up the tomatoes today. They are getting to be monsters! I am excited! I can't wait. The garden won't be as good as last years, since I am not much of a farmer and Tom is....but at least we will have tomatoes.

PANCHO: I have ordered from Oriental Trading company...I got stuff for birthday parties from them for years. I love their selection and the prices. Their shipping is a LOT cheaper than S&S. S&S just had a big package of 8 different crafts for 24 kids at a very reasonable price, so even with the outrageous shipping, it was still a good deal. If you have Michaels arts and crafts near you, they have a great sale going on right now...with lots of cute crafts for kids. I am going to go back tomorrow and get stuff for my arts team celebration party here in two weeks. I figure the kids will enjoy the activities.
Old 05-21-2005, 11:46 AM   #88  

Good morning ladies.....

Getting ready to head out to my Grandma's for our weekly get together. I made a big pot of ham and beans yesterday, so that is what I will take. I ended up eating the leftover venison steak and broccoli last night instead of beans, so don't have to cook anything else to take over today.

It has finally quit raining. I was beginning to think that I would have to grow fins. It has rained every day since we came home, and was raining just after we left. I am beginning to think I will never get the garden planted.......and I am so ready for some fresh veggies!!

Dh headed up north this morning to meet his friend, Ray. They have a job to look at so looks like dh will be working again for awhile. Which is nice, because he seems to feel better when he is working. (I think he retired too early.......he was always busy before, and when he retired, he didn't know what to do with himself.) Said he will probably load up the camper and stay in it during the week. It is about an hours drive away, and if they work lots of hours, he doesn't want to worry about falling asleep while driving home.........Wow, a mini vacation for me!! NOT!! I get so much more done around here when he is gone.

Jo is feeling better. So must have been a muscle. She has gone up and down the steps a couple of times with no problems. If she has to stay on the Rimadyl long term, they will do some blood test to make sure everything is functioning okay. I am hoping that it will just be a short term treatment.

I haven't had anymore dizzy spells. I am returning the montitor on Monday. They said the results will then be sent to my doctor. Am scheduled to have my lump removed on the 1st of June. Supposed to hear something before then, so will just wait and see. Not too impressed with the scheduling gal so far!! My sil said that she is just a temp. Which is a good thing because she sucked at her job!!

Well gals, that'a all I have for now.......see you all later.
Old 05-21-2005, 10:05 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 169/153.6/135

Height: 5'4

Smile Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Hi everyone, thanks for the warm welcome. I am going to get the book from the library next week. I really admire all of you for sticking to this. We are going over to a friends house for dinner tomorrow, and I know she will have some dessert etc., so I was just wondering how do you turn things down? I don't want to be rude. We have never been there before, and we don't know them all that well (my son is in band with her son). I'm just curious as to how you all stick to your diet when you go out for dinner?

Thanks,
Lori
Old 05-22-2005, 12:42 AM   #90  

MUM: I just tell people I can't have sugar, and let them think what they will. If they press, I will tell them I am hyperinsulinemic, which is true, but sounds awful! It means you have too much insulin. That is usually all the explanation you need to give. At restaurants, I will ask the servers what is in a particular dish, if I need to know. It is not too hard, you just have to make it a habit! (right now, I am out of the habit.. )
Closed Thread