Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 10:13 PM   #16  

Just to let you all know...Laura showed up about 12 noon, very apologetic. She fell asleep watching a movie at her friends. Since she was still wearing her work clothes, and the future to let me know where she is. I feel like doing the same to her. A friend of mine did that once to her girls. She went and spent the night with a friend, and did not tell them, since they acted like she was nuts if she complained when they did not call. They were about to call the police when she came home the next day. They lit into her, and fussed at her, and carried on. She just sat there with a small smile on her face and let them. When they were done, she simply said, "Now you know how I feel" and she got up and walked out of the room. The girls NEVER left her hanging again!
Old 05-17-2005, 04:48 AM   #17  
Going to Meet My Goal!

Monet: beautiful....i say do it just make sure tom knows where u are

i got this in an email today and thought id share it with everyone

I hope this will be our walk... !

THANKS TO GOD

I pray that this will bless you as it blessed me.

Hello God,
I called tonight
To talk a little while
I need a friend who'll listen
To my anxiety and trial.
You see, I can't quite make it
Through a day just on my own...
I need your love to guide me,
So I'll never feel alone.
I want to ask you please to keep
My family safe and sound.
Come and fill their lives with confidence
For whatever fate they're bound.
Give me faith, dear God, to face
Each hour throughout the day,
And not to worry over things
I can't change in any way.
I thank you God for being home
And listening to my call,
For giving me such good advice
When I stumble and fall.
Your number, God, is the only one
That answers every time.
I never get a busy signal,
Never had to pay a dime.
So thank you, God, for listening
To my troubles and my sorrow.
Good night, God, I love You too,
And I'll call again tomorrow!

~~~~~~~~

The man whispered, "God, speak to me"
and a meadowlark sang.

But, the man did not hear.
So the man yelled, "God, speak to me"
and the thunder rolled across the sky.

But, the man did not listen.
The man looked around and said,
"God let me see you."
And a star shined brightly.

But the man did not see.
And, the man shouted,
"God show me a miracle."
And, a life was born.

But, the man did not notice.
So, the man cried out in despair,
"Touch me God,
and let me know
you are here."
Whereupon, God reached down
and touched the man.
But, the man brushed
the butterfly away

and walked on.

I found this to be a great reminder
that God is always around us in the
little and simple things
that we take for granted...
even in our electronic age...
so I would like to add one more:

The man cried,
"God, I need your help!"
And an e-mail arrived reaching out
with good news and encouragement.

But, the man deleted it and continued crying...

Don't miss out on a blessing
because it isn't packaged
the way that you expect.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:49 AM   #18  
Going to Meet My Goal!

ps...was still 182.5 this morning tomorrow is ticker changing day!!!
Old 05-17-2005, 08:02 AM   #19  

Wow, rereading my post from last night I see that over half of it is missing! No idea how I did that! I guess the two glasses of port were enough to confuse me totally.
(I am SUCH a cheap drunk!)

I slept like a rock last night. I have the executive director of a mercy ministry coming over this morning for breakfast. I am going to help her with crafts for VBS this summer. I better get going, since I really ought to pick up the kitchen a bit before she gets here!

Old 05-17-2005, 08:47 AM   #20  

Angry Please excuse me! I need to vent!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day! I just need to vent a little.

My son has a friend whose birthday is this Saturday, which some of you know is my daughter's dance recital. We have known about this birthday for a couple of months now. We thought that Sean could go spend the night on Friday night which is fine and would get him out of going to the dress rehearsal with me and then I could get him on Saturday morning for him to shower and maybe take a nap before we leave at 12m. This kid's mother calls me last night and wants Sean to come home from school with them, spend Friday night and all day Saturday and Saturday night too! I don't know why she can't understand that performances and things like that are big deals in our family. Sean has always gone to her dance things just as Rachel goes to his band perfomances. The mother seems to think we are "forcing" him to go sit through these things, when in reality he seems to enjoy them. They typically use a lot of the popular music and he has friends that he sits with or whatever, whose sisters take dance. Anyway, every time I tried to explain to her that I need to come get him early, she was like "He can take a shower here" or "I want to take them to the skate park". This just infuriates me! As long as my kids are supportive of each others interests and want to spend time with our family, I'm going to take it! I asked Sean what he wants to do and he says that he will spend the night Friday night, but wants me there to pick him up early Saturday morning. What is up with people like this?
Old 05-17-2005, 09:01 AM   #21  

THIN: The mother probably thinks she is doing you and Sean a favor. Perhaps, too, she likes your son and wants to cultivate the friendship with her son with him. I would say just thank her for her willingness to help, and do it your way! Arrange with your son the time you are picking him up and he can make sure he is where he needs to be. My girls took ballet...I loved, yet hated, the recitals! It was a big production and took a lot out of us, but such great memories! The orchestra concerts were the same ... I am glad you came here to vent!
Old 05-17-2005, 09:56 AM   #22  

Wink Thanks!

I danced when I was younger (and thinner ) at this same school where Rachel goes. She is already in the performing company at 10yrs old and dance is her life. We usually have 3-4 weekends a year that we just designate as "Dance weekend". We don't plan anything else. We get her flowers and go out to eat, anything to make it easier to deal with. I "get" to stand at the doors and take tickets this year. I think it is one of the easier jobs vs Being backstage or selling tickets or flowers. I don't want to be responsible for all that money. I just stand there with my basket and say Thank you, Thank you! Then I can go take my seat and enjoy the show!
Old 05-17-2005, 11:32 AM   #23  
Addicted to potato salad!

Monet: You were late? I didn't even realize... Thanks for all you do for us keeping the ball rolling for us. AND, Your daughter seems like she's old enough to know better than to leave you worrying like she did. Gawd...someday when she has her own kids, she'll know the terror she put you through. And that's too funny what your friend did to bring home the severity of not keeping in touch with mom with things like this. They probably needed therapy after that one! Glad it worked!! And, what is the difference between regular port and tawny port? It sounds like you enjoyed it.. DH and I will be going on our annual trip to Canada in a couple of weeks. Overnight without kids...just once a year. Maybe more now that DS is older and not such a burden to my parents (taking care of a baby). It's for our anniversary. THREE WHOLE YEARS....and they said it wouldn't last... DD is 11...DS is 4 1/2 and we've been married for 3...do the math...I did the puzzle from the inside out, but the puzzle is at last complete and that's what matters in the long run, right? If you get my drift. Anyhow...I'll be looking for a good bottle of port. And "private time" without kids in the house. I swear...sometimes I'll just kiss my DH good night with a little more than a common peck and my DD gets up and shuts the door as if to tell us, "Eeewww..." And she's only 11. Anyhow...

Thin: My DD took dance for two years in Rochester, but she has flat feet and is a bit of a clod. She just finished her 4th year of figure skating lessons and still had a hard time gliding on one foot. And spinning. And crossovers. Next year she goes to middle school and I already signed her up for Choir and Band...she really like music, so I'm hoping she takes her creative gene and stretches it in ways that don't require her to have good balance and grace . Some kids have 'got it' and some don't. It sounds like your DD is just taking off with it and loves it! Good for her!! As I said, we're still waiting for our DD to find her niche. AND, it blows me away that the kids down south get out of school so early. We don't get out until something like June 25th or so. We go back the Wednesday after Labor Day weekend, though, and I'm pretty sure the southern kids go back in early to mid August, right? Our next door neighbors are an Army family. Rachel, the mom, grew up on this street and her mom is up the road and her DH was stationed at Fort Drum here for 4 years and then they were relocated to Alabama (near Montgomery) and they just came back for the summer already. They were starting to mock my DD, saying, "that's right, you have to go to school in the morning...neenerneener" And she's like, yeah, but when you go back in August, I still have a month to go then, so it all evens out!!" Good for her, I said. They can be beasts, the boys next door. And as for your DS's friend's pushy mother...just put your foot down and tell her how it's gonna be. Just because you're the mommy and you said so...you don't owe anyone any explaination...just tell her firmly and kindly how it's gonna be. Don't let anyone tell you what to do, especially with your own kids...and I'd be mad, too, it's almost like she's telling you what's good for your own kid! I wouldn't put up with that for a second!

Toni: Don't despair...and I feel for you!! I'll say it again that last November...I don't know what size you're in or what your ideal size would be...but my ideal size (the size I've been all my life until about 1999 when I gained 50lbs) is a size 5/6. So, last November on my 39th birthday, I sat crying in Old Navy when the size 16's were too small. I flat-out refused to buy the 18's. It was officially the largest I've ever been and I was devestated. So, yesterday I was wearing my size 14's, they feel pretty loose, so while birthday shoppign for DD, I decided to take a minute to try on a size 12 and they were snug, but I got them on...without laying on my back and sucking it in!! I decided not to buy them because the style wasn't too flattering, but they were kind of sticking out of the pile as I walked by with the 12 12 12 12 (etc) sticking in my face and I just had to try. I was so psyched!! You can be, too, Toni...get back on the wagon, do you best...one day at a time...and you can be seeing smaller sizes, too!! We're here for you all the way!!

Pancho: Yeast infections...bleh!! I used to get them all...the...time. My doctor said it was because I wore my jeans too tight...which was more than likely the case...and when I wasn't wearing my jeans too tight, I was in stockings at my job at Penney's. LUCKILY for YOU...the technology for treating yeast infections had come leaps and bounds...I used to have to use this tube full of gross cream like three times a day. It was soooo gross and messy. Now, I haven't had one in years, but last I had one, they gave me some suppository thingies that I used at night before bed for three nights and it vanished! But I have problems because, as my doctor says, everyone has a delicate balance of 'flora and fauna' as he called it...we all have yeast in us, but once in a while a bacteria or something or other causes things to go off balance and you get an infection...my body tends to be more acid or something and is more prone, I guess...my body goes through little 'moments' now...not necessarily yeast, but anyway, when I get my TOM, it puts everything back on track and it goes away naturally. Anyhow...it sounds like you have quite a busy day/week in store for you. I like to make the last day of school special, too. DD and I have a tradition to go to the movies right after school on the last day and have lunch. It's something to look forward to. I also need to sign DS up for swimming lessons. The town I'm in has them for free for the first two weeks after school's out. They taught my DD to swim...I couldn't get her to go under water or get her face wet for the life of me. Now she's a regular fish!

Julia: I LOVE that casserole, too!! I make it every year on Christmas Eve to put in the oven to cook while we open presents. It's so easy and make the house smell divine while we listen to Christmas music. Sounds like you had a great time at the fair!!

Jack: Glad you got the graduation festivities over and done with! That must be a load off your mind. I have to mail my niece her graduation present...she just graduated college, too, and is going to be an elementary teacher...so I got her Chicken Soup for the Teacher's Soul. It's a really nice book with small little stories to inspire her...I hope

Sebray: Way to go on the loss!! You're on your way!! And I'm glad you're enjoying your downtime after college.

BOB: Your dog is sooooo cute!! He looks like he's about the size of my dog's head!! Probably smaller!! And...it looks like you've got your week planned and it's gonna be a busy one, at that!! Hope your pain treatments can keep up with you!!

Hi Laurie!!

Crystle: To you, too. I have my tomatoes planted and some green pepper plants planted, too. I put in some radish, carrot, snap pea and green bean seeds, as well. I know my garden is too small and I planted everything too close together, but it'll have to do. If all goes well, I'll double the size next year, but I didn't want to dig up the yard so I could plant things that the local bunny population is going to eat up!! Question: what do you recommend for fertilizer for veggie gardens? I use Miracle Gro for my flowers, but I'm not sure if that's best for veggies.

Okay...I think that's it with replies...I have to go now...if you didn't read in the above, it's DD's birthday...11 years ago right now I was developing a very serious relationship with a rubber glove filled with ice chips!! I couldn't sit normally for at least a week! We're having her birthday party Friday night after girl scouts, since she invited the girl scouts for a slumber/birthday party. So, we'll have scouts, then start the party and lay out all the sleeping bags. Five girls, plus my DD. I can handle it...I'll just have to make extra strong coffee for the morning...

Okay...gotta run...one more thing I need to get for DD before she comes home from school.

Kris

OH...and in case you didn't read in a reply above...I went to Old Navy and tried on a pair of size 12 jeans and I got them on...without having to lay on my back to zip them !! I didn't buy them yet, because the style wasn't really flattering, but I'll be going back soon and thinking about it. Right now, I'm still enjoying how comfortable the 14's are...considering that in November I was crying because the 16's were too small. And looked horrible.

Okay...I'm really going now...

Kris
Old 05-17-2005, 11:54 AM   #24  

Just finished up with my breakfast meeting....I made breakfast for us. I had a two egg omelet with sauteed onions, and cheese, three pieces of bacon, and a half of a ww English muffin with a dab of Polaner all fruit on it, and a cup of espresso with cream and agave. We got some ideas going, and will go shop for materials on Thursday, hopefully.

Do any of you have a toaster oven? If so, what kind and would you buy it again? Mine is a Black and Decker, and the toast button has broken. I need a new one, but I am agonizing over which one to get. I don't want to spend too much on it..so it has to be cheap, but good at toasting, which is what we use it for most.

Another appliance question: Do any of you use a pressure cooker? Tell me about it... I am thinking of getting one, but need some practical input first.

Thanks!

Old 05-17-2005, 12:00 PM   #25  

Cool Just a quickie!

Yes we go back to school early. This fall we will go back on August 1, if you want to call it fall. I love this new calendar though because we will get a week off in September, the entire Thanksgiving week, 2 weeks for Christmas, a week in both February and April and then get out of school the end of May, memeorial day weekend. So, we have a short summer, but more weeks off during the year. This year in September we have planned a trip to the beach for a lot cheaper than the summer rates because it will be after Labor day.
Old 05-17-2005, 01:34 PM   #26  

Good afternoon... I'm kind of late today. Think I dragged around this morning, drinking coffee and being a slob. But am all showered and dressed. My DH is coming home at 1 today and we're going to the furniture store where we bought our bed a few weeks ago. We hate the bed and are hopeing they'll take it back and we can pick a different one even if its higher in price and we can pay the difference. The bed we bought was not the same as the display one but it wasn't supposed to be totally different which is was and way to soft for us. The store salesman had told us it was firm and its like a marshmellow. Anyway we'll see. My eating has been well and I'm so pleased. So far so good on my second day.

Monet- Glad your breakfast went good. I use a pressure cooker but mine's a really old one. I love it and love to make my roasts in it. They come out so tender and wonderful. I would love to try port. I've never had it.

Techwife- Thanks so much for the encourageing words. I'm taking each day as it comes. Oh my gosh I'd love to be a size 12.

Thin- Its so nice you have your daughter in dance class and make it so special for her. She'll have such nice memories when she grows up.

sebray- Good for you getting to change your ticker.

CountryMom- I'm totally jealous of you eating out of the garden already!!!! Yummy!!

Well time to go.... Hope I didn't forget anyone....
Old 05-17-2005, 02:29 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Gonna be a quickie,

Wainting for my boss to bring back the prints from the copier place. They have to be there at 6:00 and I have 10 books to bind and complete. I don't understand why every presentation is last minute like this.

I forgot to tell you all, that Sunday we went to the grocery. Now i was out of EVERYTHING. Plus DD being home. My bill was $489.00 (after coupons) I about died. I checked my receipt and nothing was rang up wrong. I did buy 2 turkey breasts, but they were only $13.00 each. Of course DD had lots of beauty products. I didn't have too much meat either. I won't be going back for awhile for sure.

Bob, sounds like you will be one busy wedding planner all weekend. At least it will be a fun weekend. Doing laundrya nd cleaning all weekend is no fun. Take some pics for us. My youngest says she will go back and get her masters. I was surprised. I guess it depends on how long she waits. I told my oldest we need a PHd in the family, but she says she is done.

Kengjw, sometimes I add jalepenos to that casserole, but then I like hot things.

Toni, one day at a time. You did one, you can make it another one.

Sebray, we had that same rule. Sometimes my youngest would just barley make it. I have that same poem. I love it.

Monet,I hope you are not hung-over today. I love fish, In fact we are having it tonight on the grill. I bought some frozen for me to have when the rest of them are having steaks. We have a B&D toaster oven here at work and the toast button isn't working and now it won't heat up at all. It's the 2nd one we have had. Can't help on the pressure cooker.

Country: {{{HUGS}}}. All those fresh veggies sound wonderful.

Thin, the mom probably felt like she was helping. Just let her know you will be there for sure on Sat. My girls danced. I always enjoyed the recitals, but DH was always bored after the girls performed.

Tech, Happy Birthday to your DD. 11 is a good age, she'snot a "tweener" yet. I love those Chicken Soup books, but I can't read them w/o crying like a baby.

heart:

Got to run, be back tomorrow.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:39 PM   #28  
Going to Meet My Goal!

well im STILL 182.5 so tomorrow is looking good for a change....and ive been sleeping really good lately except that i havent been able to fall asleep until 5am yesterday was a good day....40 mins in the yard....our grass had grown so high it was up past my waist lol....talk about embarrasing lol...im hoping that kevins parents will buy us a lawnmower cause we just cant afford it right now *sigh*

Thin: {{{{HUGS}}}} just do it however your son wants you to and tell the mother to put a sock in it

Tech: wtg with the weight loss hon...you are doing AWESOME!!!!

Monet: i dont think ive owned a toaster oven a day in my life....arent they for old people? j/k......honestly what is the purpose of a toaster oven if u have a toaster?

Toni: i hate salespeople....they should be lined up and shot....hope u can get the bed you really want

well im off again...hope everyone has a great OP day
Old 05-17-2005, 02:42 PM   #29  
Going to Meet My Goal!

Jack: lol yeah...there were plenty of days when i would slide in the door just as my mom would close the bathroom door for her morning constitutional....she was very happy when i finally left for boot camp cause she was having a hard time ignoring the call of the bathroom while waiting to hear my car in the driveway
Old 05-17-2005, 03:49 PM   #30  

Good afternoon! Lane is fighting her nap, as usual. She will probably fall asleep right as I have to wake her up to leave to go get Britt. I really wanted her to nap since she and Brit are going to Peter Piper with their dad today. I will be on my way to earning $100, talking about diarrhea....what fun! I hope my DH remembers to tape the Country Music Awards for me.

Lane did great at swim lessons today; she didn't cry at all. They already want to graduate her from a guppy to a turtle. They took underwater shots of the kids today and we get a copy of them next week. I can't wait to see it.

Has anyone tried soynut butter? It tastes a lot like peanut butter and has a creamier texture than almond butter. Britt is allergic to peanuts, so I bought it for her, and it's pretty tasty! I ate some on toast for breakfast.

Toni: Lurk if you must, but we would prefer to see your posts . Good luck exchanging the bed. Good job staying OP for two days; you can keep it up all week, I am sure.

Ken: It sounds like you and Jess had a great weekend...food and fun; how could you go wrong? . The cake was nothing too elaborate; just a cake pan from the party store, that I decorated. It sounds as if you and Jess have lots of fun things planned for the summer. I paid $75 for all the classes that I signed Britt and Lane up for...some were $10, some were $15, and some were $20. I think that is pretty reasonable.

Jack-K: Glad the weekend is behind you, and you can get back on track now. You s/b proud of your girls!! I know you are. Holy SH** Batwoman....nealry $500 on a grocery bill???? My DH would have me taking half of it back .

Sebray: Put the "bad" week behind you and make this a great one! Thanks for the reminders; those were beautiful!! Congrats on the loss!

BOB: How'd Tippy do w/ shots? I am feeling a lot better. I have two more days of treatment for the yeast infection, and now it is TOM...fun, fun! Enjoy the wedding this weekend.

Monet: Funny story about your friend; I'm sure it made the kids think twice before they ever did "that" again. I never really used my toaster oven, so I gave it to my Brother-in-Law to use in the barricks (he's in the military). I also have my pressure cooker out to sell at my garage sale; it's never been used. I am too afraid to use it...I've heard some scary stories and don't feel comfortable using it.

Thin: Vent away; we are here for you. Sorry you have to deal with that situation. Maybe the other mom just doesn't expect a boy to enjoy that stuff, even if it is his sister, and maybe he's too embarrassed to admit it to her . You just do what you feel is right in your heart, and...if she is any friend at all, she will understand that. It's great for your kids to enjoy eachothers hobbies/activities. Enjoy the show!!!

Tech: I am using that white cream every night for 7 nights. But, I just put it in right before bedtime. It's still gross though. I cannot imagine having to do that during the day. I am sure it was the antibiotics that threw my body out of whack...they do kill off that good bacteria with the bad. Lane is getting better at swim lessons; she didn't cry at all today, so we are making progress. Happy Birthday to your DD. What a fun party she has planned with her friends. Congrats on the size 12's; it is so much fun to get into a smaller size.

Well, I gotta get some things done. Have a wonderful OP day.

Take care,
Nat
Closed Thread