Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Old 01-10-2005, 07:06 AM   #1  

Default Sugarbusters Weekly Support Board 1/10 - 1/16

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-TASTY THURSDAY (RECIPE DAY)
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...555#post748555

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 07:15 AM   #2  

Good morning! Another week....and another chance to treat yourself well, and be successful!

Anyone want to report on last week? I did a bit of the challenge. I threw out the cookies that were left and packaged up and put out of sight the chocolate chips and other cookie decorations. I had a fairly good week, but I need to get more serious about exercise and water....

So this week, here is another challenge:

EXERCISE!! Get in at least 3x this week, and post it on the exercise board.

WATER!! Drink all your water every day! Remember if you are overweight, or exercising, you need more than the recommended amount of 8 glasses of water a day!

Here is to a great week! Let DO it!
Old 01-10-2005, 07:21 AM   #3  

I wanted to mention I heard from Deb this morning. Michael went back to school. She said she has been sick and still has computer issues. Not sure if she will be back anytime soon, but wanted to let you all know what is going on with her.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:09 AM   #4  

Good Monday Morning All..... A new week. I hope I can do Monet's challange about exerciseing this week. That old treadmill is calling to me but I'm not hearing it well. I got me some water at 6 this morning and am already drinking it. We went out Sat. night because it was our 17 year anniversery. But Sunday was just an old lay around day, so now I've got all the laundry and stuff to do. Tomorrow I go see my cardio. and am hateing I've gained weight and know he's going to get on me about it. I'll be glad when its over. B-1 egg 1 bacon coffee L-leftover ham and beans S- yogurt and pistachios D-pork cutlet, salad, vegetable.

Monet- Thanks for starting the board. I hate to hear Deb's been sick. Wish she would get back here. I'm with you on the exercise and water.
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 08:42 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning Ladies

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

I have a little pocket calendar. I'm going to write down my food, my daily wt, a big yeloow E for exercise days and a beg red X for OPdays. I hope to see a whole month of red X's and yellow E's. Hoping this will give me some added motivation. I brought my new pedometer to work. If I have time I will figure it out and strap it on.

BF (Nat-before I left home). Special K Low carb with straberries, splenda a milk.

Snack (if I need it) NSA yogurt

Lunch 1/2 roast beef sandwich (Bread is 35 cal so it is 1/2 of a starch) 1/2 pc of swiss cheese, carrots, caulliflower and dip, apple.

Dinner: Grilled chicken on lots of green leaf lettuce and veggies (mushrooms, onions, egg).

Monet, I'm with you on the challenge. In fact I'm hoping to do better than that. I will try to post on the exercise board. I have trouble with time in gettng over there. Sorry to hear Deb is sick. Sure wish she would get back on here.

Toni, You can get on the treadmill. Start out slowly. I am challenging you to get back on there this week even if it is only 10 minutes.

I need some prayers. My Son-in-law's sister had her baby Saturday. She was only 24 weeks. The little boy only weighed 15 oz. He is doing good so far. The first 3 days are critical. They are really in need of a miracle. Not only that he lives but that there are no complications later. My great niece weight only 1 1/4 lbs when she was born at 24 weeks. She had 3 surgeries, heart and a clostomy and reversal. We celebrated her 9th birthday yesterday. She had a twin that did not survive. She has had no problems at all since. Ceberal Palsey and eye problems are two major concerns with premies but she is fine. She is truly our miracle baby.

Ok, off to work. Be back later. Have a great OP day.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 09:12 AM   #6  

I got a cake in the oven, rolls started, the chicken breasts boiled, and a cup of coffee! I am making dinner for the leadership meeting at church tonight. My first time back since October. I am making chicken noodle soup, bulghur bean salad, rolls and birthday cake. (Its one of the leader's birthdays today) I am dragging today though. I slept rather poorly. I can't figure out why...but the one thing that stands out is that my back was hurting really badly, so I took a Lortab. I am wondering now if the Lortabs caused my insomnia back right after my surgery??? One good thing to report, my swelly belly seems to have improved some! Yay! I am getting tired of having a swollen, tender belly!

TONI: Clean out your ears, woman! That treadmill is your FRIEND! You don't want to be a bad friend do you????

JACK: I will be praying for the tiny little guy! We have a friend who was born very premature and does have a bit of cerebral palsy. He has over come it well, and is the neatest guy you would ever want to meet.... Premies can be so delicate...I hope and pray this guy is a trooper and makes it!
Old 01-10-2005, 09:28 AM   #7  

Good morning...

Sorry I haven't been here a lot the last few days. I have not been feeling too well so I am going to see my dr this afternoon. Today, Jess will be having her first music/dance class (Kindermusik), I am so excited for her and I know she will have a blast as well. She doesn't know it's today so I can't wait to take her there.

I started this morning with some leftover stir-fry pasta and veggies. Yea, bad choice but I really do not have appetize for anything else. I will probably have some fruit salad later.

I will try to report back on how I am doing but won't be able to do much replies today. Hope you all have a good day! Monet, thanks for starting the board

Julia
kengjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 09:31 AM   #8  

Jack : More prayers are going to the little guy as well. Gosh, that must be so scary...I cannot imagine what the family is going thru.

Julia
kengjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 09:48 AM   #9  

Jack-K- Prayers for the little guy.. May he continue to get strong. And bless his family... Thanks for the encouragement about the treadmill. I did get on it and walked a bit.

Julia- I hope you get feeling better soon. I miss your posts...

Monet- Hope you get to feeling a little more perky today.
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 10:35 AM   #10  
Goddess

Cool Good Monday Morning!

Morning everyone! I had a good weekend eating wise, so I'm hoping it starts to show up on the scale soon. I ate my big meal at lunch yesterday and am going to try it today too. Since I work at home I can cook for lunch most days. I'm going to see if that helps me to get through the afternoon better.

Jackie--Prayers for the little fellow also! When my youngest niece was born there was the tiniest little premie in the nursery. So tiny it looked like there was no way he could survive. I noticed a man with a very healthy five-year-old son at the window and I ask if the premie was his. He said yes and that the son by his side was also that size when he was born, so they can do amazing things with premies. Hope so with this little guy.

Julia--Hope you get to feeling better!

Toni--I think that treadmill is calling a little louder now!

Monet--As usual you are always taking care of everyone! Make sure you do what you need to do for you!

Deb--Come back to us when you can--we miss you!

I've got pork chops thawing and some left over peas and brown rice for lunch. Don't know about supper yet, might try to do a soup.

Have a great OP day everyone!

Susan
Fillise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 10:36 AM   #11  
Little Engine That Could

Monet--thanks for starting the board. You're the greatest!

Jackie--it's amazing to think about this precious little life, so young and small, and realize that some "mothers" actually terminate the life of babies older than this one. I pray that he makes it and becomes another miracle.

I have 6000 steps so far. I got up and hit the streets in our neighborhood. Everyone was walking cause it is so beautiful here now. I got my 2 miles in and have eaten and cleaned the kitchen. I actually go back to working out with the weights today. First time in weeks because I don't lift weights when I'm sick.

I appreciate this week's challenge. Drinking the water will be harder for me than the exercise. Also, I need to concentrate on eating smaller portions and keeping my snacking limited. I was a little out of control last week. I have been reading with interest all the articles on the new book about how to eat like a Frenchwoman.

So far today: 1/2 grapefruit, small bowl of Shredded wheat and bran, strawberries and sk. milk.

GatorGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 11:33 AM   #12  

Good Morning:

OK, this is it; the week I eat right and exercise!! I am letting too many things distract me and throw me off plan. I have only had a protein shake this morning w 1/2 cup 100% apple juice, 1/2 cup unsweetened soy milk, 1 banana, 1 cup mixed berries and 1 scoop protein powder. I think next time, I will throw in some flax meal to get some good fat in there, and it will hold me over for longer.

We are expecting another big storm tonight and into tomorrow. I have my Mom's Night Out tomorrow night, so I hope it doesn't rain too much, and prevent me from going.

Monet: Thanks again for starting the board; it is much appreciated. I plan to get at least 3 days of exercise in this week, and water is never much of a problem for me. Thanks for the update on Deb. You sound like you are busy today. Enjoy the church meeting tonight.

Toni: Happy belated Anniversary. Good luck at your Dr's appt.

Jack-K: Great idea on the calendar. It will help keep you accountable -- it seems to be working for Teensy. Glad you ate your breakfast before leaving the house this morning . I will be praying for the precious little baby. Do they know what caused the mom to go into early labor? Technology has come such a long way....your great niece sounds like a fine example of that.

Ken: I hope you are feeling better soon, and that Jess enjoys her class.

Fillise: I think eating the biggest meal at lunchtime is a great idea, if you can swing it. I always seem to be my hungriest between lunch and dinner.

Gator: It's nice to get that walk out of the way early, isn't it? I love to workout early and know that nothing that happens during the day will prevent me from getting my exercise in.

My rash seems to be clearing up..finally.

I plan to go to the gym this afternoon before picking Britt up from school. I then plan on going Wed. morning, Friday afternoon, and Saturday morning. I will try to get it posted on the exercise board.

I have some housework to do, so I better get going.

Have a great OP day!!
Nat
Pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 12:10 PM   #13  

Just got in from the store and decided to check in. The cake is baked, the dough for the rolls is rizing...I hope. I have the bulghur soaking for the salad. At the store, I got veggies for the soup. I almost got alphabet pastas, then decided the wide ww noodles were better, so I got them. Now I am wishing I got the alphabet ones...they are more fun!

My stomach is burning something fierce. Its the new coffee I made this morning....another kind I can't tolerate! grrrr... When its like this the temptation is to try and eat something to soothe it. I think today, instead, I will take me a little lie down and see if I feel better!

I guess Heartmom is in the middle of moving...hope all is going well for them!

I will check in later!

Old 01-10-2005, 12:33 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Monet, sometimes those pain pills can wire you. Could have been your problem. I'm going to make some veggie soup tonight too. Hope you start feeling better. Stay out of the cake!

Toni, WTG girl. I knew you could do it. Now I have to do mine tonight to keep up with you.

Ken, hope you find out what's wrong at the Dr. Feel better.

Susan, Good for you having a great weekend. You should see a loss on the scale.

Gator, boy sounds like you are up and at it today. 6000 steps is great so far. I fooled with my pedometer a bid and didn't get to far. Will get back to it later.

Nat, you can get back on track. You have determination. We are expecting some heavy rain AGAIN tomorrow and Wed. Hope it doesn't mess up your plans. The girl had really high blood pressure and has been in the hsopital since Christmas. They were keeping her until she delivered. Her liver was so swollen it almost ruptured so they had to do a emergency Csection and the baby was in distress. He had already lost 1/2 pound. They can do so much these days.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 01:04 PM   #15  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!!!

There is something wrong with my computer today. I lost all 10 emails that were coming into my in box...I did find one from MONET over in my suspect email...but when I clicked to send it to my inbox, it moved, BUT DIDN'T SHOW UP!!!

MONET...send that to me again...I did open it while it was in the suspect box
and I'd love to do it...try it again

JACKIE...ALL FINGERS AND TOES CROSSED for that little guy! Keep us updated...SOUP...sounds good, but I cooked a big pot of yellow eyed beans yesterday....plenty of protein...yum yum yum

JULIA....HI GIRLFRIEND!!!

TONI...HELLO TO YOU TOO!!!!

NAT...HOWDY!!!

GATOR....

SUSAN....

I've got to go...have to try and fix what ever that problem is here...Keep your fingers crossed I can do this...

BOB
THE BIG ORANGE BABE is offline   Reply With Quote