I read about it in a magazine 3 10.71%
I found information about it while surfing on the WWW 3 10.71%
Other 4 14.29%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2001, 03:00 PM   #106  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

GOOD SATURDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Just got home from doing garage sales. Actually found some decent stuff out there today. My best find was a man's gold with diamond
ring. It has a few little diamonds in a crown that's a stamped piece and the ring around it is actually free-form. Lady wanted $25, I got it for $15. Got a crap load of old Vegetarian Times and Cooking Light magazines too. A bunch of other stuff as well. Finnished in time, came home with $3.00

CONFESSION TIME Yesterday, I ate like there was no tomorrow-like a flippin pig! I don't know what got in to me. Eli and I went to Outback for dinner-I ALWAYS get the salmon there, last night I got steak! He was shocked! I also ate the outside of the pumpernickle bread, I like the crusty part. I even splurged and ate 3 pieces of the bloomin onion (okay, stop laughing, that's a splurge for me!) Way too many carbs and probably fat-I think I surprised myself!

NOW FOR SOME PRAISE Felt so guilty about last night that this morning I got up at my usual school day time and decided to walk 3.5 miles before hitting the garage sales-I NEVER walk on Saturdays! Eli doesn't even believe me that I went (he was already at work)-it's so unlike me, but then again, eating like I did yesterday is unlike me as well

CHERI, I hope that you will be feeling better once you begin taking the full dosage of your meds. The weight loss is secondary to feeling better.

KAREN, you're so sweet to offer about the tea, but luckily, I can get it for free. Instead of bringing his pound of coffee home, he can bring a box of tea instead. One of the perks! I'll have to check to see how that price is compared to locally, may be a tad more. You should be able to find TAZO in WHOLE FOODS if you have one near you.

BOB, what's with the linen deal? Not that I like or wear linen, but it's all over the stores down here. Thanks for posting the gif sites-you're always such a big help!! Okay, have we got use to asking to sit in the non-smoking section yet?????

GATOR, I'm with you, down here we wear what we want, when we want!!!

ICESKATE, glad you GYN went well and you liked him-hoping I have the same outcome Monday morning. I'm sure you'll be feeing back to normal in no time. It's great SB has helped you-the weight loss will be secondary, but just imagine how healthy you are going to be and how well you will feel in due time-all the while eating good foods and not starving yourself in the meantime!

NANCE, enjoyed the caht today Oh Lord, 5 foot at 100 and 5 pounds for each inch would only give me about 107lbs-NO WAY! I'd be a nothing!!! Are you sure about that???? The charts I've been reviewing show that 129 is the high in my range, that I could go down more, but I figured being close to 40, I'd start high and go down from there. 107 doesn't seem realistic at all to me Thanks for sharing how you and Dan met-that's a great story!!!! Congrats on eating out last night, you did us proud! I'm surprised that they didn't offer sweet potatoes-many places nowadays do. I too have learned to ask what the veggie is before ordering it!

Well, I'm gone for now-I'll check in with you all later tonight. Again, to all the Mom's out there-have a wonderful Mother's day, and for those of you who aren't Mom's but will be celebrating the day with your Mom's, enjoy the precious time together!!

TOODLES!

Debbie
194/132/129
SB since 3/22/00
Old 05-12-2001, 03:01 PM   #107  

NANCE It worked, I got my imagein converted over to the jpg!!! New trick for the old dog!!!!!!!
Old 05-12-2001, 03:46 PM   #108  
Wife, Mother, Goddess

Debbie
I got your message. The rule is with the weight thing is that there are other things that you have to take into consideration...like I said, bone size, if you've had children, etc. The number is the base basically, but there is usually anywhere from a 15 pound variance.
I work at a doctors office that is family pratice and sports medicine. Both of the doctors are health nuts and are lean and mean. Their body fat is like 16-17%.
The go mountain biking out in the desert, etc!

I think everyone knows what weight they look good at, and feel healthy at. I've weighed 125 before and it's too thin for me. That was before children, and I know I will never weigh that weight again. You know what's best for you, there are so many different guidlines to follow it's ridiculous! Look at the food pyramid on ALL packaging. We used to follow that and look where it got us!

P.S. It was nice to talk to you too!

P.S.S. I'm going to try to attach my original selection for my icon, if it doesn't work, neither one of us will be surprised!
Old 05-12-2001, 03:53 PM   #109  
Wife, Mother, Goddess

Debbie
Second attempt!
Old 05-12-2001, 04:26 PM   #110  
Little Engine That Could

Nance--Cute Icon--the pig one. I hope when you reach your goal you will make him a skinny pig!
Old 05-12-2001, 08:52 PM   #111  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Default EVENING EVERYBUDDY !!

Went to the OUTLET MALL today...got a hand made,
numbered, signed...CARDEW Donald Duck "ARK" teapot...originally $300.........$50!!!!! My niece collects
anything to do with Noah's Ark...and whats wrong with this one? The lid is missing! She can put silk flowers in it and make it a flower pot!
4 new over the shoulder boulder holders saved $41
2 bottles of perfume....saved $60
2 pr REEBOK's saved $72
Pretty Good HUH??? When I set out to shop, I'm determined to find the bargins....DEB...Sharon should have been with me today!!

GATOR Where in KY were you born? and where did you live in NC?

ICE So glad to hear that you're on the mend. I know you must be feeling better..feels good to not be
"baking bread" so to speak.....

NANCYWhere in KY is your friend from? and just
a little correction......IT's BLUEGRASS!!!!

DEB I'm so sure that when I come to Miami to visit that I won't have any trouble finding your house....
It's got to be the biggest in town to hold all that stuff you buy at the garage sales!!
TEA FOR DEBBIE BAD......COFFEE FOR BOB GOOD
Yes, I'm sitting in the non smoking section without any problem...don't even think about it when we go out!
Taking "Kate" to the LONGHORN STEAK HOUSE
tomorrow for MDAY...so I'll probably have a steak or maybe their liver and onions YUMMMMMMM
MY question for you????? DID YOU EAT THE WHOLE STEAK???? and did you have a sweet potato???
LINEN is a summer fabric and should be worn as such.. I'll never be shed of my "magnolia manners"...
no matter where I live!!

GODFATHER SAGA.....(it's on tonight) I put it right up there with GONE WITH THE WIND....I can probably recite both with no problem...

EVERYONE HAVE A GOOD MDAY

BOB

Last edited by THE BIG ORANGE BABE; 05-12-2001 at 09:06 PM.
Old 05-12-2001, 09:22 PM   #112  
Little Engine That Could

BOB--I am an army brat and was born in Louisville, Ky. I graduated from Fayetteville Sr. High in Fayetteville, NC, where my step dad was stationed at Ft. Bragg. Lived there for 2 years. Came to UF the year I graduated and have been in the sunshine state ever since.
As for linen, it is too hot and muggy in FL to wear linen only in the winter. Actually, linen does better in Fl in the winter, when our weather is like everyone elses summer. I wear linen when ever I feel like it.
Deb--you and I are kindred spirits regarding what to wear.

For all you long-to-be mothers who are having a little bit of trouble with the holiday tomorrow, my thoughts and heart is with you. We were married for 7 years before we adopted our 2 kids, and I know how I felt when everyone made such a big deal on MD, and I felt like a fifth wheel. I would say that we are “wired” to ultimately desire to have offspring, but when that doesn’t happen it can be frustrating and heart breaking. I’ve been there. But for those of you experiencing some of these emotions, never forget that your significance doesn’t rest in your ability to reproduce, but in whether or not you invest yourself in others. You were made for a very special purpose and you may have more of an impact in the lives of people God brings into your life than those who are biologically related. So, chin up, believe in yourself, and look for how you can be used to make an eternal difference in the lives of those in your sphere of influence.

Well, I’m gonna go. I LOVE my new ‘puter and it is really fun to play around with it. But my DH is beginning to feel left out. He is watching the boob toob right now, and I’m not much of a TV watcher. But I’ll go and be a good little wifey.

Take care, and will talk tomorrow, maybe.
Old 05-12-2001, 11:53 PM   #113  

Default How sweet of you, Gator......

I don't think anyone could sum it up any better than you just did about MD being awkward for those of us with no childeren. For years, I actually dreaded going to church on that Sunday, mainly for that reason, along with many unresolved memories of my own mother. With the Lord's help alot of the pain has been healed. DH and I never had children, and I ended up having a hysterectomy at 36. Again with the Lord's help, I am at peace with how things have turned out. Yes, I am human and sometimes feel down that we didn't create a child, or have sad thoughts about my mother, but I a human and will admit that is all the more reason I am blessed to have the Lord in my life. I hope I am not coming across preachy. I somehow just got caught up in divulging some of my inner thoughts.

Like Gator points out, mothers, mothers-to-be, or mothers-not-to-be, for that matter all women, I feel as though tomorrow is a day of celebration for all of us. None of us realize how we all can touch a child's life in some way, for the better. Isn't that really what's important???? We are planting seeds that, for all we know, will be day produce a very fruitful person.

Ok, ok.. enough philosphy. Have a GREAT DAY, TOMORROW, LADIES
Old 05-13-2001, 09:31 AM   #114  

GOOD SUNDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

It's a gorgeous day here in Miami and the day is starting out just perfect for me.

Just got back from my 4.5 miles. I pushed myself a little more and jogged a few more paces in each small stretch I do. I know I got in more than a mile today. This gives me a total of 27.5 miles this week.

What a wonderful Mother's Day present I've been able to give to MYSELF. I knew it would be good last night when I stepped on the scale AT NIGHT and saw that I weighed only a 1/2lb more than I did in the morning (usually it's about 2lbs), this morning I WEIGHED IN AT 130.5!!!!! Back to my low again!!!!! YIPEEEEE!!!!! What a sight for these sore eyes! Just pray that it keeps going down this time-this takes me back to losing those 1.5lbs to make goal!!!!!

I forgot to mention my STUPIDITY yesterday. When I was out at garage sales, don't ask me how, surely I wasn't paying to close attention to what I was doing, but I hit my head on the edge of the van door, hurt like the dickens and I have a nice purple lump on my forehead that still hurts like the dickens! Look up the word STUPID and you'll see my picture there.

Got an e-mail from an old friend yesterday-what a shocker. Haven't seen her probably since Michael was a baby. She found me registered on Classmates.com-waiting for an e-mail back to see what a good time would be for a gabfest!

I got my care package from Trader Joes. My parents returned a little poorer from Vegas on Friday with everything I had asked for (except the olive oil wasn't extra virgin ) The DROSTE 72% DARK CHOCOLATE PASTILLES were a low $1.59! I got my tomato splash, which is what I was happiest about. So now, I'm set for a few months!!!

We are going to my Grandparents house for lunch today. Let's see if she can behave herself today-there's always some comment about someone's weight when we go there-usually it's directed to me, but lets see what she pulls today. I'm making hummus to take-thank goodness I talked my Mother into making her famous TACO SALAD. She'll give me mine before she puts in the tortilla chips (recipe IS on the recipe board!).

NANCE, thanks for the weight chart explanation. What I'd REALLY like to find out is what is the best way to determine your bone structure size. One thing tells me I'm a medium frame, another a large frame, there was even one I saw that was with using your waist, that was much too confusing to try and figure out. I guess, like you said, it's really what you are comfortable at that you should determine what your size should be, within a reasonable range. Forget about knowing my body fat-that's much too depressing to even think about!

GATOR, Nance's pig isn't a pig, it's a hampster!!!!!

BOB, hey girl, we were on the same wave length, I too bought some new boulder holders! Buy 2 on sale at 30% off, had a coupon for an additional 20% off and get another one free by mail (with $3 shipping), not too shabby. Reeboks, hey, that's about as good as I did on mine, $13.50 a pair for Reeboks that were originally $90+ dollars. Sounds like you had a grand ol time at the mall yesterday! Wait til I take you around here should you EVER decide to come and visit! We'd spell TROUBLE big time! Hope you have a nice dinner at Longhorn, watch out for bugs in the salad! Nope , I didn't eat my entire steak, it was huge, but I ate more than 1/2, which is really unusual for me! Trust me, I surprised not only Eli, but myself as well. And yes, definite 10-4 on that sweet potato. Acutally, even though I'm not crazy about LH, I do like the sweet potatoes there better than OB! ENJOY yourself today!!!

AMSER, your post, so nicely said. I rank Mother's AND Teacher's right up there together, both nurture and teach such important lessons in all children's lives. I honestly believe everything is destined and things happen for a reason, whether we understand those reasons or not. All women, whether they are Mother's or not should be honored today, for being women, for being the nurturers, the true friends, the ones who you can find a sympathetic ear, and countless other wonderful traits. Being a Mother is wonderful (though it does have it's trying times, that's for sure!), but being a woman is really what it's all about BTW, I love your quote at the end of your posts!!!

Okay gals, I've cooled down and now need to go get a few things done before I go get in the shower and start getting ready. I'll check in with you all sometime later on today. I'm sure with the holiday, the board will be pretty quiet today, as it's been for most of this weekend. Please don't forget, TOMORROW STARTS THE NEW WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD and it's MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY tomorrow, so find those wonderful quotes and words of wisdom to post tomorrow!!!!

Happy Day to you all!!!!

Debbie
194/130.5/129
SB since 3/22/00
Old 05-13-2001, 10:27 AM   #115  

Happy Sunday Everyone

I've had a good but tiring weekend. We cooked steaks on the grill last night and had brocoli and salad. I really enjoy my backyard, deck and screened in porch. My little piece of heaven is sitting on the deck. We have woods behind our house and a creek that runs through the back of our property. It is very peaceful.

There is another group of people that Mother's Day and Father's day is very tough on. For me it is tough because I don't have either of my parents. So for everyone that struggles with this day because either they are not mothers or they don't have their mothers any longer...I'm thinking of you! Make the most of the day and look at the positive things around you!

Well I am still fluctuating between 139 and 136...I don't think I will ever get to 135 and stay there. Maybe my body is trying to tell me something?

See ya'll tomorrow.

Anna
Old 05-13-2001, 11:13 AM   #116  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Default DID I MISS SOMETHING????

DEB WHAT HAPPENED???? to everyone coming to your house for MDAY??

ANNA I LOVE BACKYARDS LIKE YOURS!!! What do you think about the "vote" to ban high school football in your state? PRETTY STUPID if you ask me!

ANNE Enjoy your Sunday. I don't have any children either, but joy in my Brother's two have given me everything but the pain of childbirth...They are grown now, but we are very close and I thank THE MAKER every day for them!

Off to Barnes & Noble to lurk in the aisles for a bit...then to the grocery to gather some veggies...we're not going until late afternoon to eat and when a baseball game is on the tube.....YOU DON'T BOTHER MY MOTHER!!!

BOB
Old 05-13-2001, 04:35 PM   #117  
Wife, Mother, Goddess

Hi Gals!

I actually missed you gals, and felt weird that I didn't do my tradtional A.M. with coffee board posting today.

My brothers, one of my sisters, and my fam took my Mom out today for breakfast. It's almost 1:30 and I'm still full! Had Huervos Rancheros (sp?) was delicious.

Since the family came down this weekend, I cooked a complete SB meal last night!. For an appetizer I made Debs Olive Garden Artichoke Spinach dip, dinner was Quilters Honey Butter Sweet potatoes, Solshines Company Chicken, Debs Spinach Custard, and for dessert BOB's Triple Layered Jello. Then I had to go over the top, since I finally found AGAVE NECTAR!!!!! and ATTEMPTED to make Deb's Oatmeal lace cookies........the only disaster of the evening. First I made the 1st batch "on the cookie tray", then I clued in you said to put them on parchment paper...which I didn't have, so I used wax paper, and they stuck like glue!!! The flavor was delicious though, and I just scraped it all up with a spatula and will use it like a granola topping on some cereal!

Gatorgal
It's an angry hampster....now I'll have to find another picture!!! Did I mention I spent 5 hours on line just to find something that fit?!?!?!?! I had picked out some many other funny things, but they were too big!
At least I am practically a pro a clip art now!

Debelli
I saw the Drost at Trader Joes yesterday, but I have to much fear to stick chocolate in my mouth at this time.
I do have a method to measure your bone size(from the doctors office). You take your right hand and use your thumb and 3rd finger and wrap it around your left wrist.
If your fingers don't touch, you're big boned, if they touch, you medium boned, and if your fingers overlap, your small boned.

Beachfan37
Your a Goddess!!!! 139-136.......That's awesome! What was your starting weight?

Well....the family just arrived.... I'll catch up with you all later.

Nancy
Old 05-13-2001, 08:12 PM   #118  

Evening All

Lunch was easy, my Aunt & Uncle came down from WPB (ballot capital of the world) and brought all the food, my Grandparents didn't have to do a thing. There was even stuff I could eat! My Mom made the taco salad so I had some of that, had a 1/4 of a pump. bagel with just a piece of lox, a slice of turkey breast and some of my hummus. They brought the biggest napoleans I had ever seen in my life, a huge cheesecake, tons of candy and my Mom made her delicious red velvet cake-(of course, none of that was an issue-I treated myself to Carbolite afterwards). My Aunt even brought baggies-she's too prepared. The food was excellent (there was much more than I mentioned above). They are quite wealthy, so money is no object to them and they only get the best-my Uncle must really love her, he gave her the most gorgeous ring I've ever seen. It's called a cushion cut diamond, it's sorta square, but with rounded corners, like a chair cushion, with 2 diamonds on the side. The cushion diamond alone is 5.73 carats and the side diamonds are 1 carat each-CAN YOU IMAGINE! It's so nice that they really love each other, and have money to boot. For me, I married for love, never money-but darn, it would be great to have both!!!

It was really nice at lunch though. My Grandparents live on the Gables Waterway and we went in the back, right next to their dock wall was a manatee. Then we saw another one with a baby!!! I love those gentle creatures! During the winter months, you can see a ton of them.

BEACH, sounds like you live in such a pretty area, peaceful and tranquil, nothing like where I live! I one day would love to live in a smaller town with lots of land and my neighbors not right on top of me. I have always said, when the kids graduate, I'm outta here - 5 more years to go! That will give me 45 years in Miami-I think by then I'm due for a change-****, I'm due now, but can't leave just yet!

BOB, well, I really didn't want to have everyone here, so I waited til Friday to make mention of it, and my GM decided it was too much trouble to change the plans-FINE WITH ME!!!! Seeing the manatees was worth going there. She pretty much behaved herself-she's starting to lose it, so I think she probably thought she had said something about my weight and forgot about it!

NANCE, so how were all the dishes you made, besides the cookies? Do try to make the zuchinni loaf cake while you have the agave (BTW, contrats on finding some!!!!), it's really delicious!!! How was the food received by others? Did they like it as well? As for the Droste, I honestly don't recommend for newbies to have chocolate. I didn't have my first piece until March 8th, almost a year into being OP. Many people see that they are allowed chocolate on SB and start with it right away, never allowing their body to detox from the sugars and it makes them have cravings. In Montignacs book, it's not recommended until maintenance. On the measuring, I read the second finger, but if it's the third, then I'm medium boned, second large boned-hey, does long fingernails help??

Okay gals, I'll see you all tomorrow!!

Nite!

Debbie
194/130.5/129
SB since 3/22/00
Old 05-14-2001, 06:49 AM   #119  

Default NEW WEEK!

It's Monday, and that means it's time for the NEW WEEKLY BOARD to start.

Here's the link for the new board, just click on it:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...?threadid=5224

See you on the new board!!!
Closed Thread