I found the book at the library/book store while searching diet books 3 10.71%
I heard it mentioned on TV/Radio 0 0%
I read about it in a magazine 3 10.71%
I found information about it while surfing on the WWW 3 10.71%
Other 4 14.29%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2001, 03:40 PM   #91  

I just got home from out "card day" and thats where the scale is and i ran to it! LOL can u say addicted! I was happy with that stupid number i am back to 140.0 yeah!! I really wanted 139 but i really don't deserve it! Next week for sure. Today i did awsome there (fridays have been bad!) I had a wendys taco salad -no chips! no dressing - and thats it! just one little picky taste of some "cookies" my sister in law feels like she has to bring everyweek! Anyway this will be a good week for me i am determined. I didn't get to work out -again i was soooo tired. Tomorrow is our last over time day and things will be back to "normal" next week!

Gator -baseball is not boring!! LOL i like all sports -no golf, tennis, or race cars -sorry i find those are good for naps.

Deb- sounds like you'll be there in no time! LOL right huh?! I feel like i should be cutting down my calories to lose the last 5 lbs but i don't wanna!!!!

Nance- thanks for the wooo hooo! I have to blame the excersise for that number! I also will still be around when i get to goal because this is forever for me -no going back! I have recieved alot of support for the WW chat too i have made some friends in there the last year and they helped me alot!! SOOO i am here for ya!!!!

catlover- Have a great week end. I hope you can get mom motivated to get back out more. I have no idea how. You sound like your going to have a good time.

ldblond- boy do i agree with your whole post! No matter how much anyone has to lose it is still hard. I have a best friend who is losing too (she is down 86 lbs) we email each other and walk together sometimes it really has helped both of us ( http://community-2.webtv.net/PERRFAM/Iamwomanhearmeroar ) thats her web page with pics of both of us if you didnt see it yet. As far as the Sweet potato all i did was cut up two potatos with the skin, in strips or you can do circles then brushed them with olive oil sprinkled some salt all over them baked at 350 they cook in less than 45 minutes. Keep it up girl! I bet 150 feels better than 180!! you rock girl! Gas here is 1.71 for regular.

Frog- WOW you sound like you had a great time! i want to know if there are pics in that bathing suit? Did u see your sister? what did she say about the bod? 150 will be nothing now that the vacation is out of the way! 10's and 12's wooooo hoooooo!!!

got to go make dinner before baseball -after i wash the uniform!!! oh well bye!!!!!

Rhonda

201.2/140/135
Old 05-11-2001, 03:44 PM   #92  

ldblond- here is that link sorry that one was wrong! UGg

http://community-2.webtv.net/PERRFAM...manhearmeroar/

SORRY
Old 05-11-2001, 04:36 PM   #93  
Wife, Mother, Goddess

Debbie
Couple of questions, because I'm a newbie and I can ask!

What does "dh" mean-I'm assuming "dear husband" or "darling husband"?

How do you get a cute little picture by your name? I have a clip art cd. I might be able to do this!

If I send you pictures of me, do you have a scanner, and if so, are you able to get them connected to my bio if anyone is interested in seeing the "before" Nancy pictures? If you don't want to give out your home address, I completely understand, so don't feel funny.
If that's the case, I can find someone with a scanner and do an attachment.

Thanks,

Nancy
Old 05-11-2001, 04:36 PM   #94  

Default Friday afternoon....

Hi SB buddies Just a QUICK post for now. I want to reply back to the posts, but just one in particular I couldn't resist right now.....

Lara, I thought it was cute when you asked what DH means It's an abbreviation for Dear Husband, IL means In Law(MIL- mother-in-law, FIL - father-in-law).
Your pep talk had alot of good points, and I always appreciate it when any of you remind me about what the over-all results will be!!!!! BUT, I gotta correct one thing - sorry for being vain, here - I have lost 15lbs so far. I was 140lb when I started this WOE. And with everyone's continued motivation, I will really work at the last 10lbs. I am so glad for you to have people around you that pay you the compliments that you so deserve. That sounds like a great way to start Mother's Day weekend, don't you think?????

Gotta get in the shower... We are going to Musashi's tonight with our best friends to celebrate their son's 17th bday Oh, yes their son will be there too,
Check back later, gators.
Old 05-11-2001, 05:36 PM   #95  
Everyday angel

Default Quickie

Hi just checking in. Thanks for the feedback on OA, there is a meeting tomorrow and I'm very nervous about it.

Well I went back to the gym today! Do you know I was actually AFRAID to get back on the treadmill? What is up with that? (This is the first time this week I've exercised.) Well I forgot to prehydrate (too late once I get on the treadmill...get horrible side pains from the cold water) and ate eggs for breakfast beforehand, so I had this idea that I couldn't do very well. But really it was just my attitude. Bad attitude aside, I did it, putting in a reasonable though not respectable 34:37 for 3 miles.

I feel like I've been letting things slip. I HAVE been letting things slip. My runs, my abs, my food (I haven't deviated from my plan but haven't been real sharp either) my housecleaning and WORST OF ALL my toenails! Starting to feel generally all around yucky even though I haven't been eating badly, which just goes to show, that all of these little daily habits tie in together. It's not just about food.

Also weighed in. Was relieved that I was still at last week's best reading of 157. I've always thought that the minute I stop running I'll gain a pound a day. The scale is pretty whacko anyway.

Gotta run!

Love,

Chris

164/157/130
Old 05-11-2001, 05:45 PM   #96  
Goddess

Default Is it Friday yet?

Whew! Finally finished the grading! I'm kinda teery eyed since this will be the first time in 17 years I'll be out of the classroom for an extended length of time. I know I'm gonna miss it, but I'm also lookign forward to doing new things too.

I'm back down to 249 this morning. That's just one pound off my low. I really need to go shopping for some clothes--especially jeans. Everything is so big on me now! Even some of the slacks I bought in November are starting to bag--and I havent' bought any new jeans at all since July so I am really in danger that they might fall off one day.

I've been trying to wait because I'm going to New York next month and want to shop there. But I may have to break down and get a few things before I go. I'm taking my 13 year old niece and I think she'd be mortified if my pants fell off in the middle of the airport (13 year olds are so easily embarrassed).

Frog--I'm jealous of all the time you are spending at the NC beaches. I'm going to Kinston next weekend for my nieces' dance recitals but hope to get to the beach before I head back to Auburn. I'm looking forward to meeting you when you come to Columbus!

Deb--I'm with you on OA. I went for a while, but it didn't do anything for me. I could see that it seemed to be a lifeline for some folks, but ultimately I just couldn't work those steps.

BOB--you know we love you no matter what--whether you tell us your weight or your measurements. I balked at putting them on the web myself, but I've been working very hard on not being ashamed of my body--no matter what size. For me, telling someone is part of that. But here's the deal--ya'll know more than the people who know me on a face to face basis. I will tell them how much I lost--but not where I started and where I am now. That's information I will only share with you!

Everyone else--It's been a long week and I'm exhausted. I think I might rent a movie tonight and just relax! Know I'm thinking about you and will check in tomorrow or Sunday.

Susan
300/249/150
JUly 10, 2000
Old 05-11-2001, 05:59 PM   #97  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Evening Gals!

Just a quickie. Kitchen is just about done, just have to tackle the table-everything looks great. I pity the first fool who messes it up-the wrath of Mother will attack!!!!

THAT GIRL, I see many have already answered your question. Just a little more from me...the only 2 names I can find for Agave Nectar are Sweet Cactus Farms & Cucamonga. Only place I can find it is WHOLE FOODS. I use it measure for measure in place of honey-it's wonderful-also great for pancakes instead of syrup. Thanks for lurking!!

KAREN, how I wish I could find a food co-op down here, they just don't have them. Yes, the tea is TAZO, WILD SWEET ORANGE is the flavor, I believe. It's the only tea I've ever been able to drink without any added sweetener. Do you mind me asking how much you had to pay for it??

RHROO, glad to see the scale's behaving for you! You don't have to cut down on your calories, just get some more exercise!! See, simple solutions!!!!

NANCE, even if you were on the board forever, you can always ask questions!! You already answered your own question on DH To get the picture by your name, go to PROFILE then go to EDIT OPTIONS, go down where you'll see AVATAR and click on that, it will let you upload your picture and then put it in the proper place. I don't have a scanner but QUILTER does. If you can get it scanned and can e-mail it to me, I can easily get it up there for you. LMK! (let me know)

SPARKLE, why be nervous. Maybe it's not nervousness, but more of a sense that you are going to something you really don't believe in? Hey, we all have days with bad attitudes, and being woman, we are entitled. I didn't feel like walking today, but I did, not fast, not long, but I did-that's the important part. I don't think you are truly neglecting yourself, I think you may be trying to get things you've wanted to do for a while (website) done and put everything else aside-you were trying to do way too much before. This now is normalcy!!

FILLISE, now you can take some time and smell the roses, enjoy this time!! How fun to look for jeans in smaller sizes-that makes shopping fun, it's when we have to buy them bigger that is the pits! Let us know what movie you rent if you do-always open for suggestions!!!

I'll check in with you all later!

Have a great weekend!

Debbie
194/132/129
SB since 3/22/00
Old 05-11-2001, 06:55 PM   #98  

Hi everyone!

I'm finally able to post something instead of reading. I can't believe how tired I've been. Going to bed by 9pm every night and still being tired. I should start to feel better soon though. I have been only taking 1/2 my dose of Thyroid medication since November because I don't have insurance yet. Well, I finally broke down and went to the doctor today. He gave my a new prescription and I can now get back to normal. Maybe now I'll actually be able to lose weight and feel like a normal person.

Nancy: I think it was you that asked if any of us had fears of losing weight? Yes! I have a few fears. One is the fear of having skin hanging all over. But I think the biggest reason and the one that keeps holding me back is: Recently (1.5 years ago), I was divorced after 25 years of marriage (that in it's self was a real confidence stealer). Now that I am single again, naturally I want to be able to find a companion to do things with and to be friends with. I have not even thought about dating since I was 19 years old (I'm 46 now). That is a long time span there. I think the fear of letting someone else get close to me and walking away again is the biggest challenge I have to get over. Once I do that and feel like I have some self worth, I will probably be more successful in losing this weight.

It sounds like everyone has been doing great. I have missed getting on my computer every night to read. I am still struggling along though and reading what you all have to say helps me to keep trying.

Thanks

Cheri
287/277.5/145
Old 05-11-2001, 07:00 PM   #99  
karen3000

Deb - the Tazo tea is $3.79 for 24 filter bags. Since I'm not a member of the coop, add 10%. So $4.16. Want me to send you some?

Karen

Old 05-11-2001, 09:05 PM   #100  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Default THIS WILL BE QUICK

EVENING EVERYBUDDY!!

FROGGIE THANKS FOR MISSING ME!! I've been doing good without my ciggys but right now I'm really wanting to smoke!! BUT I WON'T!!! IT WILL PASS...
So glad you had a good time on your trip...Everyone can't wait to go to the beach...ME??? I never think about going and it's just down the street!! I can't wait to get to the mountains!!! Which I will be doing in another week and a half!

LARA I've bumped the AOL BUDDY LIST to the top of the SB DIRECTORY PAGE...EVERYONE WHO HASN'T PUT THEIR AOL BUDDY NAME ON THE BOARD, DO IT HERE!!
Yes, food does taste better, and the people that smoke at work, I can smell it and I DON"T LIKE IT!!!
A Southern LADY NEVER WEARS WHITE BEFORE MEMORIAL DAY, or AFTER LABOR DAY!! It just isn't done.
Kinda like "us Southern Ladies don't sweat....we perspire!"
In my ancestors day....ladies didn't even wear white gloves out of season...then they started pushing it by wearing bone color then came off white...(yes, there is a difference)
When I was a "little" girl..we didn't even get to wear white patton leather shoes at Easter...but after Memorial Day, out they came, and we wore them to church or parties.
I still refer to black patton leather as "Easter shoes" and remark as such to people who wear them...
NO LINEN BEFORE EASTER OR AFTER LABOR DAY...AND NO WHITE PANTS, SKIRTS, DRESSES ETC....in the same time period...
I could go on and on about it, but it boils down to SOUTHERN MANNERS and what us "MAGNOLIA GALS" have been taught.
If I've left anything out, any of you Magnolias feel free to jump in...
FLA IS NOT A SOUTHERN STATE!!!!

CAT You come on in this wagon...I've got the wide load sign on the back end!!!

NANCYOriginally from KY...JUST A BIG TENNESSEE FOOTBALL FAN but if I had my druthers...I would live in Knoxville...I just love that town!
Been in FLA since 1988...Been coming to Sarasota since I was three yrs old...it's still a small town with just a little over 50,000 people....but I do miss the mountains and get a little teary every time they pop up in front of me.

CHRIS Did I tell you that I went to OA two weeks ago? I agree with DEB.....NOT FOR ME AT ALL...I was so depressed when I left there...I'm sure it works for some people, just not me..

Ladies...the INSIDER is on, and it's such a good movie..
My Niece's husband works for BROWN & WILLIAMSON in Louisville and if you have never seen this movie...IT'S DEFINATELY ONE TO RENT!!! PLUS IT'S A TRUE STOREY!

WHO asked about gifS? I'll get some addresses together this weekend and put them on the board. I have such fun with these...I find them everywhere!

Later

BOB

I'M OFF TO RECLINE....
Old 05-11-2001, 09:46 PM   #101  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Here are a few gif sites to get you started...

www.animatedgif.net
www.artie.com
www.bannerblast.com
www.gifs.net

HAVE FUN!!!

BOB
Old 05-11-2001, 10:58 PM   #102  
Little Engine That Could

Nance, I got the pix under my name from the web. If you type in “GIF’s” in a search engine, you will have a big choice of a variety of sites where you can select any pix you want. I got my pix off of another board--actually a gator board!!! I found that for most pix if you just click on them until they are selected and then down load them, you can use those for under your name. The only caveat is that they can only be a certain size, which you will find out if you try to load something too big.

BOB--Thank good ness FL is not a southern state. I just wear what I want to. usually i wear sandels year-round if the weather is not too cold. I never wear white because it doesn’t look good on me, but I wear bone anytime. I’m a southern girl in all aspects but this one. Even born in KY, graduated from HS in NC and lived in FL (not a southern state) since 1960.

Went to a banquet tonight. Had shrimp cocktail, salad, baked chicken, no dessert. The band was so loud that no one could talk. It took them 2 hours to serve the food. We were served at 9:45. Then left after we ate.

I also went to OA for a while. I’m already a believer in a “higher power”, but my higher power is not so nebulous as theirs. He has a Name. I had a very hard time finding anyone who was interested in spending any time in helping me through any steps, and I discovered a lot of really disfunctional folks there. It also seemed to me to be another group on a diet--no sugar or white flour. SB is the same thing, without going to a meeting and intoning “Hello, I’m a compulsive overeater.” I finally dropped out.

Gotta go. Bedtime.
Old 05-12-2001, 07:48 AM   #103  

This will have to be quick, as it is 6:30 AM, and I have to be at a meeting at 8:00. Yes, on Saturday!!! It seems things keep coming up with my name on them. I definitely need help with the word "NO"!!! LOL

I went to the new GYN on Wednesday. Really liked him. As it turns out I have FINALLY lost the yeasties!!! Yeah! but, I now have a bacterial infection. But, the medication he gave me should rid that after five days.
So, now, I guess I am on SB for the "health" of it!!!

It feels so good to know that I have finally controlled this thing. I know it wasn't life-threatening or anything, but I just never felt "healthy". I am going to appreciate every day, just a little more.

Well, gotta go...

I'll catch up on the posts soon, hopefully tomorrow.

Happy Mother's Day to all you GREAT Moms out there. I'll be spending it with my mom...my sister is serving boiled crawfish, so no problems with being on SB
there...

Enjoy your Saturday for me...
Old 05-12-2001, 10:12 AM   #104  
Wife, Mother, Goddess

Hello Everyone

I have my morning coffee and am ready to roll....almost!

Fillise
I understand the emotions you are going through with ayour career change. Before I went back to school to get into the medical field, I had worked at the same company for 11 years. It was hard to leave, but you know what? The friends you made along the way will ALWAYS be your friends! Good luck with the transition. Everything will be fine!

Debbie
Thanks for the information. I am going to see if I can get this picture thing conquered this weekend! We have a rule of thumb we loosely go by at the doctors office I work in for heigth and weight. For a 5" woman you start at 100 lbs., for every inch over, you add 5 pounds.
So for example, I am 5'8", I should weigh 140 pounds.
Of course age, bone size, child-birthing years also factor in, so I know that 150 pounds is more realistic for me.
You sound like you have picked a reasonable goal to achieve! Keep up the great work!

Cheri45
Thank you for sharing with me your fears. I too have a fear that when I loose my weight, that my stomach skin will not stretch back into place. My doctor says that it will, so since I haven't accomplished my goal yet, I have no reason NOT to believe him! I could probably talk to you for hours about the love-life stuff! I am on my 2nd marriage, and believe me, I know the thoughts running thru you head! I thought who is going to want to marry a divorced overweight Mom with two kids, but you know what? Some guy in Kansas named Dan did! We actually met on line as "pen-pals" in the normal people section. I had 7 pen-pals at the time, male and female, and Dan and I just seemed to hit it off! First we talked on line for MONTHS, then we graduated to phone calls, then he finally announced one day, he was coming out to meet me in person and 1 year one month later there was a WEDDING! So keep your chin up. There are alot of GOOD men out there. Keep working on your weight, your self-esteem will eventually heal and get better, do alot of smiling, and put your trust in God!

BOB
Thanks for the info. on the SB Buddy List. I will see if I can get that mastered! One of my best friends is from Kentucky! We have such a good time together, lots of laughing and fun! Must be all that fresh air and green grass that you guys get growing up there!

Gatorgal
Thanks for the info. on the pics. I have a Microsoft publisher cd at work, I think I will kidnap and bring home. I am determined to have something by my name like the rest of you gals!

WELL.......Here is my report from last night!. We went out for dinner and tried a new place I hadn't been to. I ordered Prime Rib. The offered about 15 different varieties of potatoes to go with it on the side, and I managed to get the words out "Can I have double vegetables instead, please? The waitress said "Sure" and came back out with 2 servings of CARROTS!! I kindly asked her if there were any OTHER vegetables and she brought me out Swiss Chard. To me, that's right up there with LIMA BEANS So I ate my meat, brought home 1/3 of it for Floyd, the cutest little puppy in the whole wide world, and treated myself afterwards with a SF NF small yogurt for surviving a night out! Any of you gals that know the power of the spud will applause the courage it took to say "NO".

I have a comment re: OA
I know the program is based on the 10 step program. Even though I've never attended a meeting, I have my own prayer I say. "One meal at a time!

I'll check in with you wonderful women later!!!! Have a great day, and Happy Mother's Day!!!!

Last edited by Nancemeister; 05-12-2001 at 10:18 AM.
Old 05-12-2001, 02:30 PM   #105  
Wife, Mother, Goddess

Hey....after 5 hours on line with clip art, I now have an image!!!!!!
Closed Thread