I heard it mentioned on TV/Radio 0 0%
I read about it in a magazine 3 10.71%
I found information about it while surfing on the WWW 3 10.71%
Other 4 14.29%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2001, 12:18 PM   #46  

Good morning all

I am happy to report a one pound loss this week. Weighed in at 200 pounds this morning. I'd been fluctuating between 200/201 all week. Hope by next WIW I will be in the 190's. It was a pleasant surprise this morning as I ate a bit too much yesterday. Tuesday mornings are always busy at work and I didn't have time for a regular coffee brake so had to make do with a coffee and a muffin. It was that or nothing and be starving by mid-morning. Then there was a staff luncheon which I attended. I didn't have much that was op except one small pastry. They had wraps which appeared to be made with SGWW tortillas. I had a couple of those and some veggies and salad. I didn't eat too much. But I missed having two meals without adequate protein so by late evening, after having steak and beans for dinner, I was hungry and ended up eating what I had taken to work for lunch - lentils and veggies with rice.

Melf - So sorry to hear about the loss of your friends. It's always more sad when it is someone so young. My heart goes out to that young woman's family.

Solshine - Thanks for the encouraging words. That book you mentioned "Desperation Dinners" sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out and see if they have it at my library. It sounds like your Mom is having a great time in England. I don't know if I will be doing much sightseeing in London. I'll have to see how much time I have. I was born and raised in London but there are lots of things I haven't seen of course. I have relatives who live in South London not far from Greenwich and other relatives who live just west of London. As well as visiting relatives I am hoping to go on a trip to the north of England. I would like to take a trip to the Lake District which is supposed to be very beautiful. Isn't it great that you can serve friends SB friendly food without them being aware that they are eating any differently than usual. That shows that this is a woe and not a diet.

Karen - Thanks for the info about green tea and the links to the thyroid site. Looks like there is lots of interesting reading there.

Gator - Glad you are enjoying your new computer.

Rhroo - Glad to see you are still around. Isn't it great to get all those compliments.

I have to stop now as I have to get lunch and get ready for work this afternoon.

Sorry I don't have time to respond to any more posts. Will try and catch up later.

Have a good day everyone.

Marie
Old 05-09-2001, 01:14 PM   #47  
Golfing Gal

A warm and humid Texas good afternoon to everyone. Nothing to report. Im busy trying to get ready for
dinner guests on Saturday. I am having my mom and mil over for Mother's day dinner. Ive been to the
grocery store and now have to get the house in shape.

My weight has stayed the same for 2 weeks. I didnt report last week, so heres the data

3/08/01 190/180/135

Im not quite sure but I think some of my clothes are feeling looser on me. Good sign. Exercise and this
woe are finally starting to payoff.

If its not to hot this late afternoon, I will be joining the dh on the golf course.

Hope the scales are kind to everyone.
Old 05-09-2001, 03:55 PM   #48  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Tis I again

Thought I'd get in a post while the computer was free

I honestly didn't accomplish much today-went looking for new bras and didn't find a thing that fit right-another joy of being a woman! Fed up and disgusted I came home earlier than I thought I would.

LDBLOND, you are so right, this IS a way of life and not a diet and as much as I'd like the scale to reflect all my hard work, I've got to look at it in a way that I'm eating, eating well and exercising and however my body reacts, there's not much else I can do. I'm not starving, I'm not having cravings-I'm the lowest I've been in 5 years-I should be happy! That dress will probably have to be altered and taken in come November! 7lbs in 7 months, a piece of SB legal cake for you! Hope Juan is feeling better! I have echanacia in the house, suppose to be good for colds. If you don't eat a lot of chocolate, but can have a little, why not go for some SB legal ones instead of the Carbolite ones? I have about a 1/4-1/3 of an ounce almost every week, it's yummy. Can't believe I have no urges for it-just decided to have a piece on a whim and do

NANCE, CONGRATS on the 1.5lb loss! Way to go! You'll be disappearing in front of the patients eyes! How do you walk in that incredible heat? When I walk I wear a fanny bag of sorts that has a water bottle, it's great. It has 2 mesh pockets on each side to put stuff in (tapes, coins, extra batteries) and I hang my walkman on it. Just make sure you keep hydrated. How many miles did you go?

LISA, CONGRATS! 2lbs WOO HOO!!!!!! I'm SURE you will have no problems at the beach, your sisters should be so proud of you and supportive that I'm sure they'll help keep you in line, just think of the 2lbs you lost and don't want to gain back AND, just think, another 2lbs and you'll be in the 190's!!! Just make sure you plan ahead, it's easy to do and will be very helpful. Glad the Dr. confirmed what you already knew about Ross' counts. By all means, if you would like post your measurements below your stats. I have only my tummy and thigh measurments that I've been doing and didn't start doing them until I was over 6 months on program, but I think it would be neat to see them posted, as I do our beginning/current/goal weights, plus the date when we started.

KAREN, hey, staying the same isn't all that bad either. Sounds like you are back on track and understand that your losses are a compilation of many factors, just as our gains usually are. I'm sure this week will be fine for you.

ROSALIE, CONGRATS! I'm thrilled you are down another pound! I know how hard it is for the weight to come off of you and even though you are a slow loser, you stick with it and it does pay off for you in time. I'm rooting for you to hit those 190's for next week!!!!! Remember when you go to the UK to look for some SB Legal Chocolates there. My friend brought some wonderful bars that I had never heard of before-a definite MUST to bring home!!!!!

CATLOVER, hope you have a good dinner this weekend, I'm sure the Mothers will enjoy. Congrats on staying the same, it's better than being up-like me!

Have to see how bad I can screw up making some brown rice now, Eli is going to make some vegetarian stuffed grape leaves for dinner tonight and my job is to make the rice-LOL, lets see what happens!!!!

Okay, I think I've covered everyone-will check in with you all this evening.

Toodles

Debbie
194/133/129
SB since 3/22/00
Old 05-09-2001, 04:12 PM   #49  
Goddess

Default Weigh-In-Wednesday

OK--official stuff out of the way. I'm up two pounds over last week--but then I figured those sugar-laden mint juleps would have that effect.

On the other hand---I've lost another 1/2 inch in my hips. So there is some progress to report. Since beginning SB in July of last year, I've lost a total of 11 inches in my hips and 10 in my waist! I wore a pair of jeans yesterday that I literally thought were going to fall off me!

For all of today's losers--WOOO HOOO!

I'm still in grading h*ll so this is all for today. Hopefully I will be doen by Friday and can really reply to everyone again.

Susan

300/250/150
July 10, 2000
Old 05-09-2001, 04:37 PM   #50  

Default Steel Monster Status

Well, I am almost afraid to count my weigh-in. Scale gace me a 1lb loss putting me at 125. With all my irradict eating and not walking on a set schedule, I am baffled....yet happy. I pray the loss will stick. I am feeling a bit better - IBS wise. Metamucil and I may have to hang out together again for awhile..YICK

Deb,Lisa, & Rhonda - Thanks ladies for giving me encouragement and support. It's sort of hard for me to explain exactly what I go through and the feelings I deal with. I don't struggle so much for the going off program, as I struggle with seeing no results. I am still learning to understand that results will not be JUST the weight loss. That is why I am thankful for all of you and the concepts and other ways of looking at this WOE that I learn with each new day and each new post.

BOB!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so, so much for sharing the wagon with me, Rhonda, and whoever else needs it
Big ole butts make the "bumpy" ride less uncomfortable!!!!!!! By the way... who's driving???

Deb - Gas prices here today was $$1.53gal. My FIL talked with his sister in CAL last night, and there it's $2.12 gal It's not MAY 15 YET..... let's think positive

Lara - You will look great for that wedding in Nov!! I hope everything turns out alright with your DH.

Lisa- WAY TO GO on the 2 lb LOSS!!!! So glad to hear the great news for Ross, too.

Karen - {{{{}}}}} Hugs for you, because I have been dealing with this same situation.

Rosalie - WAY TO GO for you too on being DOWN!!! I know you are just thrilled that the 190's are just around the corner

An update on the garden - I added a few last minute veggies yesterday. The rest is looking good, so far. I am still working on flowers. Made a early morning run to Home Depot today and bought more flowering bushes that attracts butterflies. That seems to be the theme I am going for for some reason. Hope everyone has a good afternoon. I am going to IL's for supper tonight. The guys are going to be tinkering with their cars

Last edited by amseraphim; 05-09-2001 at 06:44 PM.
Old 05-09-2001, 06:01 PM   #51  

Default Here I am!

Hi Gang,

Really have not been MIA but just lurking. Seems like all I have time to do is read and not post.

Anyway, I did get to weight today and am down 3 pounds (that's two weeks). So that makes 13 pounds in 6 weeks.

Everything going really well, but I have question about hot dogs. Is the all beef, 1 gram of sugar ones okay? Since I already ate some, guess it don't really matter

Hope everyone is fine.....all is good in Lake Charles.
Old 05-09-2001, 06:20 PM   #52  
karen3000

A quick hi to everyone -

AMSER - Thanks for the hug! I'm sure you've heard it before and are very disgusted every time you hear it, but the more someone has to lose, the more they tend to lose (at least initially). Someone who has less to lose, sees the loss in smaller increments. But I bet if you did a percentage, it would be the same between both people. Just like Deb getting close to goal (Deb, hope you don't mind me using you as an example), it's getting tougher to drop those last pounds. I think you are doing great! If you are feeling better eating this way, I think that's the greatest goal to reach. I also seem to notice that even though the scale might not change, my dimensions are. I could care (well, maybe a teensy-weensy) less what the scale says if I like the shape of my body. I know you can hang in there--we will do it together--ok?!! How big is your garden? We haven't planted ours yet--don't want any frost problems, but looks like summer is here. Probably work on it this Sun. Ours is not too big. We did lots of perennial planting last Sat and Sun in the rain. Sure is a big initial investment, but lots less work next year!

Sorry I didn't join the chat last night. That's 8:15 our time and kind of prime family time yet, since DS won't go to bed until at least 9:30. I'll try to catch it next week.

Keep up the good work everyone--loss or no loss. I'm so happy to be part of such a great group of women who ARE great no matter what size!

Karen

Old 05-09-2001, 06:35 PM   #53  

Default WIW

Hi Ya'll, was a good WIW here. Down another lb. 154 now. That's just 4 lbs away from my mini goal. Got 3 weeks to go to lose them before vacation. Hey, I may just make it yet!!! That makes 20 lbs off since Jan 1st when I joined this board. This is definitely my lowest weight in YEARS! Hope to go walk afterwhile. Haven't walked since last week. I miss it.

Today was our 10th annual Nurse's Champane Breakfast. Our hospital does this for us every year to celebrate Nurse's Day, during Hospital Week. They always prepare a really nice breakfast for us & we win prizes supplied by donations from our doctors. I won a colorful pair of boxers for DH. We had quiet a laugh about that. We also do Secret Friends during this week & I got a really nice simmering pot & Gingerbread Cream scented oil from my secret friend! Made my day. Friday they will do a BBQ burger lunch for us along with fun & games. I plan to bring my WW bun for mine.

Will try to check in later. Congrats to all you losers!
Old 05-09-2001, 06:37 PM   #54  
Wife, Mother, Goddess

Debster
I couldn't "drive my car" where I walked to measure the miles I walked from my house to the park and did the outside loop. I know that is 1.25 miles, but the distance from my house to the park???? Probably 2 miles all together if I had to estimate. I got up at o'dark thirty, because it's only around 70 degrees then. Have to exercise EARLY or LATE around here.

Nancemeister
226/220/140
Started 4/17/01
Old 05-09-2001, 06:45 PM   #55  
aka Zippy LiverFace

Default Checking in

Sorry I won't have time for individual posts today, maybe tomorrow. I didn't get to the office until after 11am this morning due to the Dr. appointment and having to drive ALL THE WAY up to our "other" office because of the sink hole. I had started heading toward MY office and had to re-think my route when I remembered that we were booted from our office building.

Well, according to the Dr.'s scales I'm up 2 lbs from last month and according to mine I'm the same - I told her I like mine better. Not that I like either one of them very much, mind you. I'm going this week-end to have my cholesterol checked again to compare with 2 months ago. I shared my eating habits, good and bad, and my exercise schedule with her and so we're going to adjust my medicine some and see if that will help. I'm also counting on the personal trainer at GATORGAL's gym being able to help me get the most out of my work-outs. Vince went today to check it out and the guy gave Vince a work out -- had him working HARD! Vince was impressed AND it's cheaper than Gold's Gym and with more personal attention (which is what I was wanting) -- so we may try that for a bit. I'm just kinda discouraged. I don't mind "tweaking" things to get BETTER results, but for as close as I AM following plan I expect to see SOME results. It's frustrating.

I'm going to quit having cereal in the mornings and start having eggs more often with maybe a piece of toast and try to cut my carbs down more. Vince doesn't want me going back to millk vs. soy milk - he says I'm all "phlegmy" and stuffy-headed when I have milk and that doesn't happen with soy milk. I'm going to add counting WW points with what I eat and see if maybe I'm not as good with portion control as I feel like I am being. I'm going to be more diligent with my water intake. Add that to my exercise and DADGUMMIT something's gotta give!

**** ON WHEELS??????? WHY am I not surprised that that would be the name of our beloved SPARKLE? Good to hear from you! I'm going to check out your updated site as soon as I get a few extra minutes.

DEBBIE - I have had a crazy schedule lately and have not been able to get to the chats, but I'm going to try to make it next week. I'm also going to bring in a few recipes to add tomorrow, too. I'm a goober when it comes to those clips - I just have them and don't know what's what when I post em - gifs vs. jpgs vs. bmps -- Can you open them and save them with another extension to get them to work? I do that sometimes for something else I do. Open the clip and choose file - save as - and change the extension to .gif or .jpg or .bmp depending on what I need.

GATORGAL - I'll be there Monday afternoon for my first evaluation and then I'll be going early in the mornings before work to work-out depending on the time slots available with the trainer for the first 2 weeks that might change, but once I'm on my own I'll be there around 6am.

MARIE - CONGRATS ON YOUR LOSS!!! How cool that you know your way around - I didn't realize you were a native! How'd you end up in Canada? I should've asked YOU for advice on where they should go! They should be home sometime this evening and, if I know my momma, they'll have 10 rolls of film (1+ roll per day) and she's GOT to have them developed at the 1 hour place because she's like a kid when it comes to her pictures. GOTTA love my mom! She's unique - THAT'S for sure!!

Thanks for letting me vent - I'll have better news next week, I hope. CONGRATS TO ALL THE LOSERS!!! It's great to read about your successes and your excitement and compliments!!
Old 05-09-2001, 07:32 PM   #56  
Everyday angel

Default Well hi everybody!

Hi!

Well I have a lot of catching up to do and little time...so here goes...

Anna, sounds like your handling of your hubby’s bday party was quite sane! Hope it was a good party!

Marie, yup, as I mentioned to Debbie the muffins were NOT a good idea. I don’t think I really hurt myself on them but I’ll definitely be more careful before making another batch, as I ate over ½ the batch in one day. They were good though

Susan, Mint Juleps huh? Speaking of de-tox, I notice that I’ve gotten REALLY sensitive to sugar too...who would have thought that would happen to me of all people. Like even when I eat too many whole-grain carbs I can feel the effects...I get really sleepy like I’m drugged. My body is actually telling me what’s best and I’m doing my best to listen. I was reading in Sugar Blues that if you get very sleepy after eating a food that you aren’t sure about, then that’s a good sign that it contains hidden sugar.

Lisa, I was one of the people who brought up the subject of headaches. I am reading a new book called Kick the Sugar Habit (I think) and it has a fascinating chapter about sugar and allergies. According to the author, sugar causes certain foods to not digest (which is also kinda what Sugar Blues says) and those undigested particles go to different parts of the body and cause allergies. That can cause headaches and other problems. I’m going to type up the whole passage when I have time because it’s quite fascinating.

BOB, regarding the book you mentioned, “by Dorothy Gault-McNemee, MD called GOD'S DIET....basically, she advocates "if GOD didn't make it....DON'T EAT IT" Well I’ve been really taking the time to educate myself about food lately and the more I’m learning, the more it seems that processed food, which makes up the majority of the typical American diet, is just WRONG. The whole concept of deliberately stripping away all the nutrients and leaving only pure empty calories (sugar and refined flour) just doesn’t make sense. however, in practice it’s hard to completely be rid of these “convenience” foods. I still find myself leaning heavily on Triscuits, Uncle Sam cereal and shredded wheat although I’m doing my best to moderate those foods. I tend to go for the stuff that’s easiest and travels well, so there ya go.

Refined sugar and flour, a relatively new invention, definitely goes against nature. However, SOME processing has enabled civilization to advance (particularly grains). What about foods that are processed with fermentation, like yogurt? What about preserved foods like pickled vegetables (a staple of the Oriental diet)? I say that (if that’s your belief system) God made EVERYTHING at some point.

Oh....**** on Wheels was a custom user title that I was using for a while. I never changed my screen name. You can change your custom user title too by going to Profile/Edit profile. This is a relatively new feature of VB. That field used to be used for status only (baby chick, chick, old hen etc.) when I first started posting here. Now it’s all fancy. I know a bit about VB since my best friend/roomie is the administrator for another forum. As you see I changed my title to “Born to Run” when I changed my avatar (the little picture by my name). You can add an avatar too by going to Profile/Edit Options. If you would like help with any of this email me.

“I agree about the state of FLA...It truley is NOT a southern state!! I'm always fussing at someone at work for wearing white!” LMAO!!!! Lucky I live HAWAII where nobody cares what anybody else wears!

SolShine, so, is your office building still standing? LOL

“I'm going to quit having cereal in the mornings and start having eggs more often with maybe a piece of toast and try to cut my carbs down more. Vince doesn't want me going back to millk vs. soy milk - he says I'm all "phlegmy" and stuffy-headed when I have milk and that doesn't happen with soy milk. I'm going to add counting WW points with what I eat and see if maybe I'm not as good with portion control as I feel like I am being. I'm going to be more diligent with my water intake. Add that to my exercise and DADGUMMIT something's gotta give!”

Sounds like you’re doing the same things I’m trying to do. I still haven’t gotten a really good handle on portion control...I did well for a couple days but have been so hungry. But I have been trying to have more of a variety of foods and have done quite well on that, like buying different kinds of fruits and vegetables. I would eat Triscuits and eggs all day long if I didn’t put some effort into it.

”HELL ON WHEELS??????? WHY am I not surprised that that would be the name of our beloved SPARKLE?”

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Guess I should change it back.

Karen, thanks for the green tea info!

GatorGal, you’re seriously rocking with your new computer and DSL connection! You’ll be spoiled in no time flat.

Laurie, you posted, “About the thyroid problems....I don't have to worry I don't have one. I had my thyroid removed in Nov 1998 because of cancer. It was a very easy operation....as far as operations go. NOtr really painful, my doc took the stitches out two days after surgery, before I came home. I did have to stay two days instead of one because my calcuim levels dropped and I needed some Iv meds, but nothing major. The follow up treatments was worse....but if you don't have cancer you shouldn't have to do that. Now I just take a pill everyday. If only my old doc thought to check me for this five years ago, I might not have gained so much weight. BUT thank GOd to my doc now, first time she saw me she asked about thyroid testing and had it done. six weeks later I has surgery.” I’ve been through the EXACT same thing! Only about a year or so ago too. I’ve posted about it before. But I didn’t gain much weight except for the two months I was preparing for radioiodine treatment. I’ve been MUCH more careful about my body AFTER the cancer than before! I’ve worked really hard since then. Plus I have a really good thyroid specialist and surgeon. My scar is barely visible.

Aces, I have been many different weights, my highest was 215+. So I decided to use the weight that I was when I first started eating the Sugar Busters way, which was 164, 30 pounds less than a year ago. Debbie I think it was, also had the idea of putting the date we started Sugar Busters which for me was 3/26/01, after our names.

Debbie, the website is something I’ve been planning for a very long time. I feel great now that I at least have the basics down, like I have a “home” on the Web.

I know that I won’t be MIA forever around here! Again, I appreciate your dedication, enthusiasm and caring. You really are the cornerstone AND foundation of this magical cyber-home away from home.

Lara, How tall are you? sounds like you are at a good weight for you already, those last 7 pounds should be very exciting! I’m 5’4” and fitting comfortably into a size 12 at 157 pounds and can fit into most 10’s in pants. I’d really like to get to a size 6 which shouldn’t be absolutely impossible.

HELLO to Fruitloupe, Amseraphim, Iceskatefan, RodeoMom and all you other chicks! Where is FROGGIE??????

The results were quite encouraging for this WIW as usual. I am in a bit of a panic because this makes my 3rd day of not running and I always feel like I’m going to blow up like a balloon. I set my alarm last night but obviously need a license to operate the thing. So tomorrow is another day. And most likely I will weigh in then...but NOT if I’m going to stress about it. I’ve already decided that if weighing is going to cause me too much stress I’m not going to do it.

Other than not getting any sleep and my house being a disaster area, things are going well. Like I said, food has been pretty good but not perfect.

Oh, before I forget. A few weeks ago I posted an “essay” on sugar and kids, and mentioned that I would never foster the sugar addiction by buying sweets for others. Well, naturally there are those on this board who have mentioned bringing sweets to parties, etc. and you all are too nice to be offended I’m sure. and of course nobody said anything. But after thinking about this subject, I realized that in REAL LIFE nothing is so simple. After all abstaining from sugar is neither a science nor a religion. Otherwise, I would be going to **** for being forced to buy my mother fruit punch at McDonalds at her request. I am looking forward to being creative in the future, such as serving sugar-free desserts and other things that are in line with the SB way of eating, but to NEVER buy anything that has more than three grams of sugar is going a bit far. There are times when you have to do what you have to do.

This all goes back to the struggle in my OWN head, which is the black and white mentality that I grew up with (gorge or starve, good or bad). I’ve gotten a lot better but I still have a lot of trouble. Just as an example, I like to have a bit of jam or preserves and while I buy the sugar free or all fruit kind as much as I can, certain ones (like pepper jelly) I can’t find in sugar free and so I’ll have SMALL quantities of it with other foods. I’ve done very this way and haven’t gone overboard on it, but I still feel a bit guilty. Weird huh.

Okey lunch is WAY over. I have a 3 hour class again tonight and then tonight is the final episode of Star Trek voyager this season. So we have to leave ½ hour early. Oh that reminds me. Some of you may remember that I didn’t have a TV in my house for 5 years and the 32” monster was a source of contention between my roommate and I at first. Well I’ve been trying really hard to loosen up about it. Watching Voyager was one of the things I did just to kinda make peace, and after finding out that I could really relate to one character (Seven) I started enjoying it.

Then (even more oddly) I sat down one night to watch boxing, which Roomie is totally into. It seemed very silly to me but I watched it anyway to see what it was all about, and asked all kind of questions. So last night I watched another fight (usually there are 2 or 3 fights but I only watch one) between Vargas and some guy who got his butt kicked and it was quite interesting. My roommate was quite surprised that I was watching I, as was I. My point is, that I’m making an effort to loosen up and see what others are interested in and why, instead of just being in my own little world, and it’s made a big difference.

He even suggested throwing a joint bday BBQ for our bdays in June, wow that's pretty major considering the state of our relationship last month.

I’ll be BACK!

Love,

Chris
164/157?/130

Old 05-09-2001, 07:59 PM   #57  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Thought while the time was available I could get in a post

I didn't screw up the rice, well, sort of. Eli didn't want me to cook it all the way because it was suppose to cook the rest of the way in the grape leaves and I forgot he had said that, but I made the rice in the steamer and it came out PERFECT!!! I can cook rice!!!!

FILLISE, don't worry about those 2lbs, you pretty much know from where they came and how to get rid of them-that 1/2" is really what counts I'd say! I can't believe how many inches you've lost-that's awesome. I wish I would of kept track from the beginning, as well as take a picture when I started, but I had failed so many times in the past that I probably didn't think of doing so at the time with the intent of not being able to stick with it!

AMSER, CONGRATS on your pound, that's great! Take it and run, just 10 to go now! Hey, at least your gas is cheaper than ours and our is cheaper than others-I pity the souls who have to pay $2 and up-I just may be pitting myself soon enough! I can't imagine you taking a RV down here with the gas prices the way there are going to be and how those things burn gas!!!

RODEO, glad to see you are still around. CONGRATS on your 3lbs! That' great! Did you ever post your BIO on the latest BIO BOARD-if not, you aren't on the mailing list, so you may want to get it on there-I don't remember if you did or not. I don't eat hot dogs that often, but did find the Hebrew National 97% FF ones were the best. Sounds like yours are okay.

KAREN, of course you can use me as an example. I always try to let the board know what's going on with me so others can see that you don't give up when the scale doesn't want to cooperate. If I had done that, I'd of given up LONGGGG ago and wouldn't be as close to goal as I am. I think we all learn a lot from each other

MELF, CONGRATS to you as well, another pound down the drain! Sounds like you breakfast was nice, it's good that they show you how much they appreciate you

NANCE, I like going early as well, as the day goes on, not only is it too hot and humid, but my gumpshin to go gets shot. I drove today to see how far I had jogged and it was about 3/4 of a mile, longer than I had thought! I'd love to get one of those little wheelie things the guys use to measure distance in the street and do all different routes to know exactly the distance, but the car is probably 1/10 of a mile or so accurate, which isn't too bad.

SOL, do you think you are eating too many carbs? Remember, this isn't a low carb woe, so try not to take them down to much, but keep them in range. As long as you aren't eating them in excess, you should try to keep them in your daily intake. I think I figured out the jpg thing, I'll know when I go to submit this post!!! Thanks!

SPARKLE, okay, you mentioned WIW was good, but what was the outcome for you this week. Keep working on that website of yours, get it done, it will feel good when you do! I'm looking forward to seeing your workmanship!!!

I'm outta here again!

Toodles

Debbie
194/133/129
SB since 3/22/00
Old 05-09-2001, 08:11 PM   #58  
Everyday angel

Default Deb

I'm pretty much done with the website, but will be constantly updating. I didn't weigh in today, as I didn't go to the gym. I'll weigh in tomorrow if I can. Like I said, I'm not going to get all worked up about weighing in at a certain time...the first few weeks it caused me too much stress.

Love,

Chris
Old 05-09-2001, 08:24 PM   #59  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Default OH M Y G A W D !!!!

FIRST YOU WANT ME TO DEVULGE MY WEIGHT......

AND NOW YOU WANT ME TO PUT MY MEASUREMENTS

DOWN TOO??????

I'm staying in the wagon!!!! MISSY....RHONDA....ANN...
you can get out it you want to....ME??? I'm staying
R I G H T H E R E !!!!!

BOB

LOAD EM UP.....MOVE EM OUT!!!!!

Last edited by THE BIG ORANGE BABE; 05-09-2001 at 08:29 PM.
Old 05-09-2001, 09:04 PM   #60  

Finally heard back from Ross's clinic. They want to up his medication (mother knows best )from one and a half pills a night to an alternating schedule of one and a half one night, two the next. Thank goodness for his weekly pill box.....it's going to be confusing! I gave him his chemo shot tonight w/no problem. I tried to talk my DH into doing it, but he chickened out!

BOB: LOL! Okay, so maybe my "measurement" idea wasn't the greatest....believe me, I'm not going to post mine ALONE! Maybe I should just keep those numbers to myself....

Got to go finish washing clothes and pack! Does anyone have a SB recipe for sausage balls? I'm craving those and we usually take them on our "sister weekends". My recipe calls for Bisquick, which I somehow doubt is legal!

Lisa
215/201/140
SB since 4/6/01

Last edited by Lisa_A_A; 05-09-2001 at 09:06 PM.
Closed Thread