I heard it mentioned on TV/Radio 0 0%
I read about it in a magazine 3 10.71%
I found information about it while surfing on the WWW 3 10.71%
Other 4 14.29%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2001, 09:40 PM   #16  
Little Engine That Could

Big Orange, I got an iMac. 500 mhz processor (fast!), 20 gig HD, 192MB RAM, with a CD drive that both reads and writes (burns CDs). I got a new printer also. I got the "flower power" model, with no CPU box to have sitting around on my desk. Everything is built in and the machine is decorative with multicolored flowers all over it to boot. I'm having fun with my new baby.
Old 05-07-2001, 10:35 PM   #17  

Hey Gals!!!

Hope everyone is doing well. I sure do feel like I'm AWOL with you all. Definitely not enough free time to devote to my favorite busters!!! So sorry for not being on much. Just wanted to say that I'm leaving for Indiana tomorrow night after work. The wedding is this coming Saturday and I'm sure I'll have a small chore list when I get there. They have really got everything under control. If all I do is keep the kitchen straightened up and cleaned that will be a bit help.

Just a few short notes:
GATOR---I'm thrilled to hear you bought an IMAC. I'm an APPLE girl too and wouldn't have it any other way. I LOVE the flower power ones. But we can't afford a new one for me right now. I'm running a pretty old one. But it will have to do for a while. Glad to hear that somebody else is on the mac platform.

MELF---I am doing pretty well with my walking. Yesterday (Sunday) I should have done the treadmill, but I had been outside planting flowers and herbs and washing cars. And my knees were about done for by the time I finished that work. On the Kimmy Sweat-o-meter, I was really generating some "glow" so I figured I got a pretty good workout. I am going to try and walk-run with my niece this week. She's a great motivation, because she has really stayed in shape duirng her first year at college. A lot of people blimp up during that first year and she looks great!

KAREN---Thanks for the article about green tea and thyroid stuff. From someone with a bumpy thyroid, thanks. I am always interested in hearing about such things. Did I tell you that I think I'm going to have my bumps removed this summer? I talked to the ENT and said I was tired of waiting around to find ou they have turned cancerous. So he said it would be an easy operation. I am not relly loking forward to it. And will talk to my regular dr abou tit in June when I go. Hmmmm, my first time in a hospital and going under the knife. (But that ENT is so cute . . . what could possibly happen????)

NANCE---Glad to hear you and the fam enjoyed the stroganoff. It is so yummy. I had forgotten about posting that. You're right about the ww pasta being better. We prefer it.

DEB---Still waiting on the pics. No hurry. I'll be gone all week. Although my brother does have a scanner. If they come tomorrow, I'll scan them over there and post from there. I echo what the others have already said so eloquently . . . thanks for all you do!!! I so appreciate it. BTW, I am fully aware that I am 2 weeks behind on getting the motivational mondays on the right spot. But I will do them on Sunday. Please don't think that I've given up on doing this. I'll get to it. Just not in the next couple of days. Wow, you busted me about not reading the others boards. Thanks for the reminder. I am so bad about going anywhere else but here. Some times with work and everything else, there's just not enough time. Blah, blah, blah . . . you'd think I work full time and have 9 kids or something. Ha!!!

Well, gals, I've decided to stop weighing for a week or so. Since I won't be home, I'm just giving myself a week off. I was really starting to make it an "issue" so I'm backing off and will start again soon. Still eating okay. There are hershey kisses inthe house STILL and I'm definitely giving them the cold shoulder. Yippee. I am stronger than them.

Also . . . one request . . . please keep my city in your thoughts and prayers. The Grand jury came back with two misdemeanor indictments for the policeman who shot the unarmed kid. This is not going to go over well. I wonder what tonight and tomorrow will bring. There are MANY hurting people here who want answers. I just hope that goodwill is restored soon. This is very unsettling and very sad.

On that not-so cheerful note, I will close. Must recheck my suitcase. And get ready to hit the sack.
Take care. I'll be thinking about you and probably lurking if I get a couple of free seconds. Don't anybody talk about me while I'm gone. Ha!!!
Kim
185/17?/139
Also, I did manage to go to Landsend.com and do the virtual model. At first I didn't enter in the right information and my "mini me" was quite large in the buttocks area . . . like a huge shelf! It was depressing. I was freaking and saying . . . how can I go out in public like this. And the view from the back end . . . PLEASE!!!!! So I went back and put in my accurate measurements and was kind of pleased with how they say I look. It was very surprising and MUCH better than the first view. If you do it be sure and put in the exact measurements in. The quick model may mislead you.
Old 05-07-2001, 11:25 PM   #18  
karen3000

Quilter - definitely check out that thyroid site. It's got much more info than just thyroid issues. Better to take care of those bumps before something worse develops! Keep us posted. That was funny about the virtual you at Landsend. Actually, the corporate offices and ordering center are very close to Madison and Landsend is a big thing around here. There are actually two outlet stores here, but I usually don't find too much there. I don't order much out of the catalog either. They do have very good quality clothes, though, but I guess I like to pay less so I don't feel like I have to keep it forever. I hope that Cincy can keep it's control through all the turmoil. You're right, it's a very sad situation. Have a great trip!

Karen

Old 05-07-2001, 11:53 PM   #19  

Default Hello

Good evening to all

Well, today was the first day back to work after a week off, boy I hate going back. Everytime I turned around someone had something else for me to do. I guess that is what happens when you are the only one to really understand an scheduling program.

About the thyroid problems....I don't have to worry I don't have one. I had my thyroid removed in Nov 1998 because of cancer. It was a very easy operation....as far as operations go. NOtr really painful, my doc took the stitches out two days after surgery, before I came home. I did have to stay two days instead of one because my calcuim levels dropped and I needed some Iv meds, but nothing major. The follow up treatments was worse....but if you don't have cancer you shouldn't have to do that. Now I just take a pill everyday. If only my old doc thought to check me for this five years ago, I might not have gained so much weight. BUT thank GOd to my doc now, first time she saw me she asked about thyroid testing and had it done. six weeks later I has surgery.

I agree about being in Florida is not the south...I really don't think that it is anything. I still have a problem seeing doctors coming to the hospital to see patients and stuff with no socks on. I know that I am old fashioned, but still professionalism is a nice thing to see.

Well, I stepped on the scale at work, the one I usually use and it didn't look as good as the one at Publix the other day. I know that I'll wait till WIW and see what happens.

I hope all has a great Tuesday.
Laurie
Old 05-08-2001, 01:54 AM   #20  

BOO!!!!! did i scare you??????? I am still among the living!! I have been lurking per usual just not enough time to reply -sorry! Work, kids in baseball, and life are keeping me busy! Also trying to get some sleep in there. Yesterday we slept in didn't go to church i hate when that happens! Oh well. My week end food wise wasn't so hot but we won't dwell on the past. I was up one lb last friday stupid me! I went to a party on Sat. hubbys band played. Saw alot of people that have not seen me in awhile and got the usual comments: WOW you lost a TON of weight! (gotta love that one TON!) don't lose anymore weight----ummm this one was good---I don't even know you anymore look at you!!!!! PLEEEEEase!! THose comments do feel good but this was my favorite and most honest one "you look great-you inspire me got get back to losing and excersising" I just love that girl that said that. She really made me feel good. I really can't gain the weight back now! LOL enought rambling! Just wanted you to know i was still here! LOL

I think i am addicted to triscuts. I also made some sweet potato french frys tonight (baked of course) those where good. I have to get back into my regular routine with my food i need to make some soup! Also my vcr has been on the fritz UUGGGG all i get is sound and a blue screen. I miss my Firm tapes! I have been walking the past two days i wanted to share i walked 4 miles yesterday and had to go and get my son at practice, but i felt like i could have gone 2 more not even that winded. Today i walked while my little one scooted for 2 miles then did some weights. I might have to break down and buy a new vcr.

Quilter- Have a great time take lots of pictures!!!!

Melf-sounded like you had a great time with mom.

Deb-Hope you had a great day with Eli!!

I am doing this from my head! Help!! where has Amserpham been ??? Mz Liz. and Sasham??? i can't spell at 1:45 a.m. we miss you guys if your lurking.

Iceskatefan-glad your back!!! stick with it girlfriend you will get somewhere if you kee trying!!

aces- I do the weight watchers point system myself with this WOE i eat 2 fruits, 2-3 starchy carbs (triscuits, ww bread, or cereal, lots of protien and salad with cheese or meat in it. Check out the recipe board. Keep those ???? comming!

Gator-you sound like your having fun with your new toy!!! THis technogy changes soooo quickly! I am really not computer literate!! you sound like your a pro.

Karen-thanks for the tea info. I have some and now i am on a caffine free kick so i have to go get some caffine free kind!

Beach- hope hubbys bday was fun!!!! You sound like you had a full day. Keep up the great work with the weight!!!!!

well i know i missed a ton of people!! sorry i must go to bed!!! thanks again for keeping me motivated.

Rhonda
201.2/14?/135
Old 05-08-2001, 08:40 AM   #21  

Default GOOD MORNING!!!!

Hope all is well with everyone...
I'm at work, so this will be short...

LISA Sorry I missed you yesterday..SOunds like you had a really busy weekend...You are so involved and
I admire you for that. You've got a lot on your plate, but
seem to have it well in hand....HATS OFF TO YOU GIRL!!

RHONDA (shaking shoulders) SNAP OUT OF IT
We've missed your "fingers"
I don't know how you stay up so late...I am down for the count if I get comfortable..
There is still room in the wagon for you...we'll move over,
but I got to warn you...BRING A PILLOW...this wooden plank is uncomfortable!
I forgot to tell you...I read yesterday that most people are allergic to wheat & dairy and don't even know it.
This causes weight loss stall....Triscuits are wheat....

LAURIE I can relate to the agrivation at the hospital. I haven't worked in "bed control" in five years, but still get calls on a daily basis, because people know it will be done correctly if I do it!
I agree about the "naked feet"....we have that here too
YOU GO GIRL with that scale at Publix.. I look at it every time I go out the door....Sunday, I think it winked at me!

KIMBe sure and get Paul to snap on of you all dressed up
THis morning the news said so far all was well in Cincy...
Have a wonderful time with you family...

WHERE IS WONDER WOMAN??????
I can't believe I beat her on the board..

Back to work..

BOB
Old 05-08-2001, 09:03 AM   #22  
Bustin' Buddy

Hey Ladies

I'm still around - just busy as ole ****! So, I haven't had time to read or post. For the most part - I'm sticking to plan - haven't weighed in a few days - just don't feel good!

GATOR: Give me your old computer - I'm sure mine is SLOWER than yours!! HAHA!

Well, ladies - I hope to one day catch up on posts.

Missy
284/25?/170
Old 05-08-2001, 09:24 AM   #23  

Back from my conference with lessons learned. Most importantly (and tip for Tuesday) - if you cheat learn from the experience and apply it! Thursday at my conference I made the choice to cheat while away from home, I made lots of excuses to myself about why it was ok and even had a partner in crime. Here's the worst of it I ate, muffin, cheese cake, and a macadamia/white chocolate cookie. (I know, I know...BAD, just wait til the story is over). The muffin at breakfast was ok, but not worth it, although it made me want to learn to make sf muffins. The cheese cake was devine and I felt ok after lunch, although I was so sleepy in the conference, that's where the cookie came in on our last break. Talk about "sugar poisioning" the rest of the day, my gastritis flared up, I had to take an additional dose of my daily medication, I was nausiated, cranky, lightheaded and tired! My partner and I both reacted with some of the same symptoms, so when the conference broke for the day we walked for an hour and then went and had a healthy dinner and we were good the next day. What I learned is that the Doctors who told me to start SB really new what they were talking about. I told my doctor yesterday about my sugar rampage and he laughed and said that it shows how sugars react in one's body. I don't care to have this experience again! I'm not perfect, nor do I say it will never happen again, as I'm 30 and have many years ahead of me, but I will say that it won't happen again for a very, very long time as feeling like I did Thursday is not worth the 5 minutes of the sweet taste. SF icecream does the same and it doesn't make me ill.

Hope my story explains my tip, when we make bad choices there ARE bad consequences. Our bodies were not made to consume the junk we put into it, but healthy foods and treats that it can derive nutrients from.

I'm printing out all of your posts and I'll be back tonight.
Although I still cannot chat as I'm not an AOL subscriber.
Old 05-08-2001, 09:57 AM   #24  
Wife, Mother, Goddess

Happy Tuesday!

Aces
The wt/ wt/wt/ mean past present and future.
What you started at/ where you are now/and what your goal weight is. Keep asking questions and get your
self over to the library and GET THE BOOK!!!!!! It explains so much more, and then you have us for back up support! Happy reading!

Lisa_A_A
Thank for for sharing about the Headache information. I have an employee at work that I'm convinced is her problem and Lara and I talked with her briefly yesterday when she came in for her office visit. She admitted she was addicted to sugar, but doesn't have any desire to chnage her lifestyle. Oh well, all you can do is try to help!

Solshine
Thanks for sharing the information! Tell the Vincemeister that you CAN handle a dog! There are such things as "Doggie doors". Yeah, o.k.....so there's 3 months of having your carpet peeed and pooped on, but the LOVE
you get, and happiness of having a love bug to come home to!!!!!

Karen3000
Thanks for the info. on green tea. I just had my first cup last night, without a sweetner...ugh! Equal where art thou? I think I will enjoy it more with some in it. Sounds like it has great benefits!

GatorGal
Congratulations on the new computer and DSL. I am working on getting my fam on DSL. Can't wait! We have it at work and when I come home I feel like I'm moving at a snails pace. Won't be long now!

BOB
The woman, the myth, the Legend!!!! How great about your quitting smoking!!!! That must be harder than trying to lose weight! Hats off to you. That's wonderful.
If you get weak, just look at some pictures of someones
lung biopsy (you probably have access!) and that will help you keep on track! I've never smoked, but I know how hard it is for others. Since you won't disclose your weight, can you tell me how long you've been on SB and
how much you have lost so far???? You know I will be like a gnat until you talk!!!!!

Debbie
I join the SB chorus in singing your praise. This is like a full time job! Thank you for doing such an excellent job and being dedicated to us! Looking forward to the new board with everyone's favorites. Should make grocery shopping alot easier!

Have a great day!!! I will be checking in with you awesome ladies later!
Old 05-08-2001, 10:27 AM   #25  

Default Hello All

Have no fear, I am still here.. I think. I have been faithfully reading all the posts, but just haven't felt up to posting. I am a bit disgusted at this point. I have been at the same weight for a month now And I have a problem that when I start to feel discouraged, WELL, I tend to be not OP 100%. Before I know it, this vicous cycle starts. I really don't know what else to say. I know you all have heard this from me before. That's part of why I have hesitated to post. Right now, my IBS is bothering me - yes, a consequence from being slightly not OP So, with me having bowel spasms, I haven't felt up to getting on TM either. I did manage to walk 3 times last week. I have enjoyed keeping up with the rest of you and your accomplishments.

Rhonda - Thanks for asking about me, friend. If it makes you feel better, we were lazy and didn't make it to church on Sunday either

Lara - I totally agree with the insight you shared on making bad choices!!!!!!

Deb - About last weeks' poll.... I was one of the OTHERS It's sort of like how Marie explained it, I LOVE french fries, chips, and basically I just have a weakness for wanting to overindulge on most foods, PERIOD!!!!! Since doing SB though, I have really acquired a good bit of will power.

I am heading outside now. It has been really breezy here the last week or so. I have a few last veggies I need to put in garden, and there are some weeds popping up their heads trying to take credit for being a veggie, I guess!!!!! I will be hovering, keeping up with all your stories. Have a great day, everyone
Old 05-08-2001, 11:00 AM   #26  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Tuesday Morning Everyone!

WOW, it seems like it's been forever since I was on the board, and not since yesterday. Sorry I was MIA last night, I had a long haul at the school volunteering and didn't get home til 9pm, was starving, and by the time I wolfed down some food, watched RAYMOND then got my pj's on, I was just beat and crawled into bed before 10pm.

Did get in my walk this morning, did 4.5 miles-1/2 mile or a bit more jogging. The scale is still the same, but I'm happy to say that I lost a 1/2 inch in my stomach area, so that's some type of progress, I hope.

Found something interesting at a small HFS I go to once in a while. They're a cereal I found out, but they sure make a great small snack chip, they're delicious!!! They are called BALLASTOOS from a company called Seitenbacher, which are from Germany. Ingredients are: whole spelt (wheat) coarse meal, spelt (wheat) bran, apple juice and cinnamon. Nutrition facts: 1 cup, 90 calories, 1 gram fat, 22 carbs, 6 fiber, 4 protein. They do have a website, www.seitenbacher.com I got this huge 17.6 ounce bag, which was about $3.69, I believe. There are no artificial flavors or colors which was another thing I liked about them. YUMMY!!! Here's a link to the actual page that shows the product:

http://www.seitenbacher.com/CEREALS/Ballastoos.htm

It's TUESDAY TIPS and I found this tip interesting:

MILK 2% low-fat milk doesn't get 2% of its calories from fat - it gets 38%. The 2% refers to the amount of weight that comes from fat. 1% milk is 20% fat, and skim is 4% fat

BEACH, I hope you had a nice bday day with your hubby. Where did you go for lunch? Glad to see you prevailed and got in your walk/run-many days I feel like not going and push myself to go, and I'm happy afterwards. Thanks for the kind words, they do help me to keep chugging along.

ROSALIE, thanks for the kind words as well. I'm sure we'll get to meet one day in the near future! Thanks for explaining about the OTHER with the fries. Have you ever tried oven baked fried sweet potatoes fries? I know that TJ's had them at one point in their stores and how I wish we could find them locally, but I think I'll just have to break down and make them-I bet they would be yummy!!

BOB, I'm here!!! I keep forgetting to ask you, did you ever try the Lactaid milk?? Hope Skeeter gets his bath soon, he's e-mailed me and told me he feels a bit neglected, he wants you to take him to the doggy day spa!!!!

FILLISE, Oh how I wish I could see you in your crown!!! I can only imagine what types of outrageous hats your guests must of worn if cameras are forbidden!

LISA, glad you had a good time with your daughter-I'm sure she enjoyed it and having you with her made it that much more special-hey and to be down another pound, that constitutes as having a fabulous time!

MELF, hope that wisdom tooth isn't bothering you too much, that's terrible you drove all that way, but I guess things happen. Yes, I love Ralph Marstons sayings, what an insightful human being. I wish I could come up with things like that! How's the walking coming along??

SOL, that book must of been titled with my kids in mind! I'll look for it when I go return my other books in about 2 weeks, thanks for the tip. What's happening with the sink hole-those are really unbelievable-I've seen some in Florida that eat up houses at a time. My sister's backyard started getting a small one that they had to fill with dirt. Good luck at the endo. tomorrow, let us know what he says!!!!

KAREN, thanks for posting that article on the green tip-would love for you to post it over on the RECOMMENDED READING BOARD!!

GATOR, where do you get the energy to do all you do?!? Is this a busy season for you??? Glad to hear you are enjoying your new computer-are you finding it easier to load up the board now?

ACES, NANCE answered your question about the weights at the end of posts. I also like to post when you/we started SB under those numbers, as it helps people see how long you've been on this WOE.

Here's my sample menu from SUNDAY, I pretty much stayed in line with all my targets:

7.7oz asian pear
1/2 c. egg beaters
1 oz lf jalapeno cheddar cheese
1 sl. Ezekiel bread
1 tsp lf cream cheese
1 tsp sf jelly
4 mini ww cookies
9 oz strawberries
1 sl. sf bread
3.5 oz meat
1 tbl light mayo
1/2 c cottage cheese
1/2 c extra calcium milk
1 oz Fiber One cereal
4 mini pretzel twists
1 lf hot dog
some spinach salad I made, small amount (spinach, olive oil, blue cheese, pecans, onion and spices)
1 ounce peanuts

QUILTER, again, have a great time at the wedding! I must confess, I didn't get the pictures out last week as promised-forgive me I'll try to get them out the end of this week, along with BARB'S daughter's wedding present and my friend in the UK's daughters sunglasses - see, you can spell procrastinate DEBBIE!!! Hope things stay calm up there!!!!

RHROO, you're loving those comments, aren't you?!? All except, don't lose any more, I hate when I hear that one-and they usually come from the ones who told you you need to lose weight in the first place, at least they have for me! SAS is on once in a while, MS LIZ, no more and AMSER just posted as I was righting this Maybe the others are lurking

LDBLOND, looks like you had quite a party there at your conference! I'm surprised you didn't OD on sugar! Thanks for sharing your personal tip, it surely keeps me in line! Sorry you weren't feeling to hot after that episode, but I guess we do live and learn, don't we???

NANCE, thanks for the praises. I just wanted to say I'm so glad you joined us-your participation in the board in the short time you've been on is wonderful and honestly, I feel like you've been here a really long time!

AMSER, I can sympathize with you, I too have been going up and down with the same few pounds for 2 months, but I have been OP 100% and walking, so if you feel like you do without being OP 100% and exercising, imagine how I feel Stay focused, stay OP and you'll lose!!!

If I forgot anyone, it's not intentional, a hello to you all as well!

Okay gals, I'm outta here, I need to get some things done before the day is shot. Going to try and get some of my favorite foods posted on the new board before I go though

Please don't forget, TONIGHT IS CHAT AT 9:15PM EST Here's the link to the SB CHAT ROOM:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/chat/sbchat.html

Hope you have a great day. Oh yes, reminder, TOMORROW IS WEIGH IN WEDNESDAY!!!!!

Toodles

Debbie
194/133/129
SB since 3/22/00

Last edited by Debelli; 05-08-2001 at 12:34 PM.
Old 05-08-2001, 11:09 AM   #27  

Default Happy Tuesday!

Good morning ladies!

My tip is a very basic one and one we've all heard before......NEVER, EVER go grocery shopping when you're hungry! I have made some of the worst decisions in my life when put in that situation. I tend to binge eat when really hungry, and all those tempting foods somehow manage to just JUMP into my cart!

MELF: I hate going to the dentist, too. Funny story: when I was about 13 I had my wisdom teeth taken out. Well, I guess the teenage hormones were raging inside me......I thought my dentist was soooo cute....and when I had the gas mask on I told him! I thought I was just thinking the words...but I must have said them out loud because he had to stop what he was doing and laugh! Very humiliating!!

KAREN: thanks for the info on the green tea. I just bought some and it is very good. It is "mixed berry" by Lipton.

GATORGAL: can't wait until football season! I think this board will REALLY liven up then. Have fun w/your new computer....we're never too old for new toys!

BOB: I had to laugh at the thread about the white shoes in the South. My daughter wanted to wear some new white shoes before Easter , and I had to explain why she couldn't. She still didn't understand, so I told her to go ask her grandmother!!

ACES: be sure to check out some of the recipes on the SB recipe board. Also, if you don't have the SB book, get it......it has a lot of ideas for menus.

QUILTER: you and your city are in my prayers. I know how it feels to live in turmoil.....unfortunately in the South, we still have our share of that kind of thing.

RHROO: Maybe we can start a "Triscuits Anonymous" group?!? I know that felt GREAT to hear those compliments.....especially the one that is looking up to you as a role model! Talk about motivation to stay OP!

IDBLOND: You are so right about the bad choices/bad consequences. When I start making bad choices it seems to have a snowball effect in my life.

ANN: Don't worry about being off program in the past....start new today! I could tell how frustrated you were by your post. Reread your signature line:" Never regret yesterday because it cannot be changed;
Instead make sure today does not become a regret of tomorrow."

DEBBIE: You continue to be such an inspiration to me. You may be struggling w/those last few pounds....I'm sure that's frustrating....but just think how much good you are doing your heart w/that exercise! Sometimes we need to remember that being healthy is inside and out!

Ross will have his blood levels checked today....they were high last week and we may have to up his medication. It's a real balance act: on one hand you don't want his counts to be too low (greater chance of infections, tired, etc...) but you don't want them to be too high either (the chemo is supposed to supress his levels....it decreases the chance of the leukemia cells coming back). Say a prayer for us today that we will get him where he needs to be. We really are so lucky, though: he's feeling GREAT....they are many people I know who are having a much rougher time than we are.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Lisa
215/203/140
SB since 4/6/01

Last edited by Lisa_A_A; 05-08-2001 at 11:12 AM.
Old 05-08-2001, 11:54 AM   #28  
aka Zippy LiverFace

KAREN – Thanks for the information on Green Tea – I do love the Good Earth brand the best. I’m going to ask my Endocrinologist about it and tell her what I’ve learned since I am still not losing weight.

GATOR – Good to see you back! The new computer sounds awesome! We added RAM last year and we might add a bit more and a CD burner also. We use the CD burners at work and they’re awesome. We’re working in Longwood off Hwy 434 near Douglas and Markham Woods Rd. (TERRIBLE TRAFFIC!!) Takes me twice as long to get here in the mornings -–and that's on the back roads! I REALLY hope they can get us back “home” quickly, but it isn’t looking too good right now. There was a ½”crack in one of the walls that went from the ground all the way up to the 4th floor. The little guy in the bright green shirt putting a monitor in the back of an SUV was one of our guys. Thankfully Sprint and us have alternate locations – I feel sorry for the smaller businesses that don’t really have anywhere else to go – and especially the cleaning people and the Mom & Pop Deli – they’re probably just having to eat it while this is going on.

BOB – Sorry you had such a challenging day! Hopefully today will be much better. Who’s Skeeter? What manner of beast must he be? They had the most adorable Shar-pei/Yellow Lab mix puppies at the shelter the other day – I was soooooo tempted to bring one home, but Vince would kill me. I’m working on him, though. Dog or Cat – I want one!! I think people tend to mind their manners better when they dress better – something about how it impacts our mindset….people in FL get “too comfortable” sometimes, I think, and forget common courtesy, but then again, Vince still opens the car door for me – getting in AND out. I love it! Makes me feel like a LADY – a real special lady!

QUILTER - “Kimmy Sweat-o-meter” LOL!! I thought I was the only one who used a Sweat-o-meter!! Good for you on staying away from those kisses – the real ones are much more satisfying – safer, to boot! I’m praying for Cincinnati to stay quiet and peaceful – I’m glad that the mom is setting an example for the others – being disappointed and disagreeing with the decision, but still maintaining her cool…..HOWEVER, I do think teachers and police officers are grossly underpaid, underappreciated and under-respected for all that they do for society. (I’m totally biased being married to a police officer, though) They are continually changing the “rules” to make things easier and easier for the bad guys to get away with so much – That stupid kid had 14 outstanding warrants!! His momma and others need to be careful about making him into some sort of martyr or example for the black youth. Vince arrested some guy Thursday for suspended license, resisting with violence and assault on an officer --- this guy’s 10th time to be arrested for the SAME THINGS – and now he’s right back out on the streets!! If an officer was to shoot or maim him, he’d probably face the same rioting by people…..Okay, I won’t get started on that stuff…..Have a blast at the wedding!

RHOO – Glad to know you’re lurking – we’ll watch what we say – THONG – THONG - THONG – That’s for you and FROG. (where are you FROG?) What kind of band is Hubby in? What does he play? Glad you got built up and re-motivated by all those kind comments – that’s da bomb!

NANCEMEISTER – Try Good Earth Green Tea Blend – it’s got lemongrass mixed in with the green tea and you don’t need any sweetener with it. I bought the Lipton brand one time because it was cheaper – ugh! I’ll pay extra for my Good Earth. Your energy and enthusiasm is refreshing! Thanks for posting!!

DEBBIE – You are my exercise inspiration!! I went yesterday and drove around the neighborhood clocking different paths I can take since I HAVE to resort to walking everyday since the gym is closed with the rest of the office building. (Ha! That jerk-wad who ran me off can’t work out their either!) You’ll love the Desperation Dinners book – I wonder if you’ll pick out the same ones Vince and I did. I think the favorite SB food is a good idea - I'm going to have to think on that one!

LISA – LOL!!! I hate that feeling of “Did I just say that or think it really loud?” I’m sure that it just endeared you that much more to the Dr. We’ll be praying for everything to go wonderfully with Ross today.

We’re all still working on top of each other here. Today they brought in the rest of the employees who they told to stay at home yesterday while they tried to figure out where to put them. The owners are really going above and beyond trying to keep us all working. I guess I haven’t been lifting enough weights when I do my curls because today my biceps are killing me!! Heaving all those computers and monitors yesterday really gave me a work-out! I don’t know if I’ll be home in time for chat tonight, but I’ll try. Vince and I have to go get all our Mother’s day cards and we’re going to look at a gym closer to our house that has free weights for him to use. He really misses a big gym with lots of variety available. The one across from work doesn’t have enough machines to keep him busy and happy -–but I'm still going to go on Monday next week for an evaluation and to see what all they have to offer, but if he really likes the gym closer to home we may end up getting both of us memberships there. I just hope they have some reasonable rates for a personal trainer for a couple of weeks to get my butt on a plan. I’m really frustrated at the lack of weight coming off – I’m no where near goal – so what’s the deal?? I am going to pull out my WW Points info and start doing that the SB way – I think.

QUESTION: Kashi Go Lean and Kashi Good Friends – Okay or Not Okay? SilkWave Soy Milk – Okay or Not Okay? Soy milk details: 1 cup – Calories 100 – Fat 3.5 – Carb 10 – Fiber 0 – Sugar 6 – Protein 6 – Ingrediments (Ingredients) – water, soybeans, milled cane, calcium carbonate, vanilla, sea salt. It appears to be less sugar than any of the other soy milks I’ve looked at. The plain flavor has less sugar/serving, but they were out of the plain in the store – this is the information on the vanilla flavor.

DIET RITE COLA – No Aspertame – No Sodium – No Caffeine – No Calories
Old 05-08-2001, 01:34 PM   #29  
Wife, Mother, Goddess

Solshine
Kashi Go Lean has 26 grams of sugar per serving. Ugh!
I used to love it too! The puffed Kashi is safe, but you might need to add some berries, or artificial sweetner.
Haven't read the label of Kashi Good Friends yet, but I'm willing to check it out.

Gotta Run...at work...risking get busted on-line
Old 05-08-2001, 05:12 PM   #30  

Hey Ladies,

I have a question that may have been answered.

I purchased a box of Hodgons Mill "Insta Bake". The box reads "stone ground whole wheat" I'm getting conflicting reports from other sources concerning this flour that I have used to make pancakes and biscuits.

Is this the correct kind? What's the deal with "graham flour" I see at the market?

Can anyone clarify this for me?

Thanks,
StarChaser
Closed Thread