Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Old 10-31-2004, 10:42 PM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Post Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 11/1-11/7

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-TASTY THURSDAY (RECIPE DAY)
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...413#post705413

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Debelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 10:44 PM   #2  

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Not sure when I'll be able to get in a post - but, here's the
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
for you all to start the week with - I couldn't find what I usually post, something by Ralph Marston, which is unusual, but the following, I thought, would give you all a chuckle - not to mention many can probably relate, like myself

The Trick of Treats

Halloween’s got tricks and treats
But what’s the scary worst
Is how the treats (I bought the kids)
Are adding to my girth

The Reese’s and the Tootsie Rolls
Keep howling out my name
I fear if I don’t have just one
I will surely go insane

Six bags of candy sitting there
Upon my table top
Though I know if I should try just one
They’ll be gone before I stop

The real horror of the Halloween
Is the fear of midriff bulge
It’s a ghost who haunts this house of mine
Who commands me to indulge

I try my best to walk away
Ignore those tasty treats
But spirits of the Halloween
Halt my weak retreats

So in the better interest of
Keeping Halloween secure
I guess that I should just give in
And eat all I can endure

Sherry Gail Heim

Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/1??/129
SB since 3/22/00
Old 11-01-2004, 07:32 AM   #3  

Good morning!

I slept pretty badly last night...kept waking up and just could not get comfortable. I tried to sleep in the bed again, but once I get on my side, it feels like everything is pulling and I almost get nauseated. I tried to stay on my side for a while, in hopes that I would get used to it if I did it in bits and practiced so to speak. I almost fell asleep this morning after Tom got up on my side, as I crawled back into the bed to give it a try. I was dosing off when one of the kittens decided to climb the mountain of me....sigh.

Breakfast: oat bran muffin, three apricots, three prunes, coffee with cream
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 09:29 AM   #4  

Good morning...

It will be warm and sunny here today and I am so looking forward to the cool weather again. I am sorry for missing in action last week. I was right on target as my period came visited yesterday. Gosh, I don't ever remember being so hormonal when I was much younger. I guess this is the gift of getting older...lol. I won't attempt to catch up on all the posts but I did read all of them. I hope everyone had a good weekend.

Dh is off today but he is out helping a friend to put down some hardwood floors today so dd and I stay home. I plan to do some cleaning and tdying up of the house. I am so happy that I have started on filling away the mess in my house and now is almost complete. I love that lotsa of papers are gone and there are still a bit to clear. After completing the filling system, I want to move the computer out of my room to the guest room we intially assigned as study. We still have another room for guest so that should be enough. I can't wait for my house to look better...hopefully!

Menu for today :

Breakfast : 2 ww pancakes, scrambled eggs with cheese. Water.

Snack : Fruits or probably nothing.

Lunch : I had no clue since I haven't plan for it. I usually don't plan much when dh is not working.

Snack : Fruits

Dinner : No idea either.

Monet, sorry you didn't sleep well last night. Maybe a good nap today? The rest of the gang, have a good day and chat with you all later.

Julia
kengjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 09:34 AM   #5  

DEB : Thanks for setting up the board. I like the "Tricks of Treats" you posted...lol. Hope you have a nice day too!

Julia
Old 11-01-2004, 10:03 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Monday Morning,

It is very nasty here. It is raining and will continue through tomorrow. Yuk!. Had to run in the plastic surgeon's this morning and let him check my nipples. He said they looked great. Go back Dec 8 for the tattoo's and a mole removal.

Trick or Treaters were gone by 7:30 last night. Went thru 5 bags of candy. Each year it seems to get less and less.

Monet, sorry you slept so poorly. Catch up today with some naps.

BOB, you must be really drugged up to pick UK over Anybody. Not only do they need to fire Brooks, they also need to fire the AD and whole coaching staff. He keeps blaming it on the probation, but he is almost lifeless.

Ken, don't you just love it when all that clutter is cleaned up. I had tons of filing to do and finally got it done. Makes you feel so good. Have a great day.

Got to get busy. Be back later.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 10:43 AM   #7  

Default Good Monday Morning Gals

Hello to all!
Well I hope everyone had a good weekend. I sure did, busy though. Two birthdays parties is plenty. I did not get all my shopping done, but I think I spent enough.

Well thanks for everyone's prayers, my DH did get "a" position. Not the one he was hoping for, but we are considering this one however. My husband is a Youth Pastor for teenagers, and he loves it, its definitely his calling. However, they want him to pastor 1st through 6th graders which is really different. So we are thinking and praying it over. I shall let you know. I am praying that things work out well. DH is going to set up a second interview and this time I am coming along! My DH seems to forget important info But he is going to ask if he would be first in line for the youth pastor position in case there current ones resigns. (So he knows there is places he can go) So our decision is contingent on that.

As for my diet it went well this weekend I think, I stayed pretty much OP. I weighed on Friday morning (which I know I wasnt supposed to) and was down to 173, but this morning it said 174 (go figure) and aunt flo just left yesterday. So I will wait until Wednesday to get the total number.

Now, now this time change is not working out well. My son has decided to go to bed at 7:00 last night than his normal time of 8:00 and wake up at 4:00. He is really off schedule. I wonder how long this will take to correct. Last night I was feeding him and he kept dozing off. It was really cute, of course I took picture. He has sweet potatoes all over his mouth and he was knocked out in the highchair. By the way his dr appt went well as it could for getting shots. He was really not likely them. But he now weighs 17.13 and is 25 1/2 long.

Well I guess I shall get to work since I am always backed up on Mondays from not working on Friday.

See ya gals.
wanttheoldme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 10:58 AM   #8  

WANT: I agree that pastoring 1-6 grades is a lot different than the youth...I was the first and second grade director for my old church, a position I held for seven years. (it was a very large church...I had 350 on my rolls, but thankfully, they did not all show up each Sunday! More like 225 of them did!) While it is very different, it is probably a more permanent job then youth pastor. Most youth pastors move to other positions as they get older. The teens just respond better to younger leaders. Working with the younger kids always excited me. I felt I had so much influence to teach them to love church. It was a heavy responsibility at times, but one I loved. I hope and pray you and your hubby can feel very good about your decision.
Old 11-01-2004, 11:32 AM   #9  

Good morning everyone. Can't walk this morning cause its raining a bunch here. Will make myself get on the ole treadmill instead. The week end ended up not being as good as it could have been. And I'm really discusted with myself for eating a couple of those little mini cheeseburgers last night. I have no idea why I did that. Just a compulsion I guess. But today is a new day and I'm glad its Monday.

Debilli- Thanks for the poem. I'm so glad we live off in the woods and I didn't have to have candy in the house. That would be way to tempting.

Monet- Sorry you had a bad night. It won't be long now till you can sleep on your side. You're doing so good.

Julia- I envy you getting the filing done. I sure need to do that.

wanttheoldme- Hope this ends up the job your DH gets and enjoys. Way to go on the lb. down. Keep up the good work.

Jack-K- Think we have the same weather. Glad you got a good report.

Don't know what I'm eating today. Will check back in later.
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 12:48 PM   #10  

Good Monday Morning Everyone

Sorry I was MIA towards the end of the week. After being so good with getting on the board at the beginning, things fell at the wayside and I wasn't getting things that needed to be done done - PLUS, we won't even mention me having to take my car BACK to the mechanic AND having the plumber come out for the 3rd time! I can't remember, it's possible I did mention it - can't remember when I posted last!

Anyhow, I will most definitely be MIA this week - will try to get on to say a quick hello, but frankly, my house is STILL a mess and I have TRANQUIL coming Friday night. At this momeny, I'm tackling LAUREN'S bathtub, which I haven't cleaned in a while and OMG it's disgusting and I'd be mortified for SABRINA to have to use it! I didn't clean it after LAUREN was in a a play that she had to wear BLACK MAKE-UP to portray a black woman OR after she worked at the haunted house with all different color make-up OR before last night when she had even MORE make-up on! So, you can only imagine what's not only on the tub, but on the walls - it's more scarey than any of the trick-or-treaters I saw last night - and we had tons!

Unfortunately, the candy monster also visited yesterday - I think he's gone today

If I'm able to get all I need to get done by Friday, will be on - but don't hold your breath. I'm embarressed for anyone to see my house as is, even though SABRINA doesn't care. It's not that it's ALL bad, just areas, so I have to concentrate on those spots - hoping to get in MICHAEL'S room to at least be able to allow her to sleep in there - among the mess!!!

Hope all is well, that you all had a great Halloween without a visit from the candy demon and have a great week ahead!

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
Old 11-01-2004, 03:32 PM   #11  

JACK-K : Glad your check-up with the plastic surgeon went great. There are still some papers who doesn't seem to belong anywhere and not to mention magazines. Dh will always bring back stuff but I need to be prepared for that. I actually enjoyed doing all the filings maybe because I was motivated to see those papers gone! lol.

TONYA : WTG on staying op, you did very well!! I am sure the dh's job will work out good somehow As for the time change, I used to keep Jess up a little longer each night until she is used to the time change. It seems to work for her somehow. I sure remember keeping track of Jess's weight and heights etc when she was younger but have since lost track of it...lol.

TONI : You have done very well, don't sweat the mini-cheeseburgers

DEB : I have some cleaning to do myself. Not fun. Check in with us whenever you can.

Got to go, Jess has pushed the vaccum in and she is going to vaccum my room and who is going to argue with that....lol. The only thing I have to do is make sure my stuff stays out of the carpet. Will check in later!

Julia
Old 11-01-2004, 04:38 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Almost time to go home. It has stopped raining, so we may be able to get our walk in. They were supposed to deliver our hot tub today and my SIL is coming to hook it up. Can't fill it until Thursday though and the concrete cures longer. Started some lasagna this morning. Thought DD and SIL would come eat, but someone has to go let the dog out and it is too far to come back. So I will make it in 2 pans and send one home with SIL.

Monet. hope you had a better day.

Tonya, hoping your DH makes the right choice. I am sure that is a hard decision. Leave it to the wife to ask the right questions.

Deb, I'm sure Sabrina won't even notice your house. There is no way I would tackle that tub. I would make her do it.

Toni, guess we are getting your rain. But it has stopped now for a little bit.

Julia, Jess is getting good on this cleaning. Send her my way.

Talk to you tomorrow.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 06:52 PM   #13  

Taking a break...

OMG! You just WOULDN'T BELIEVE the tub!!!! Okay, for those who haven't been to my house, the kids bathroom has a white tub with 2 glass shower doors. The tub has the anti-skid areas already in the tub, not the strips or designs many people add on later. Those things, NOTHING has ever worked to get them clean, and man-oh-man, these things were gross! I've tried EVERYTHING to get them clean, even straight bleach sitting over night -nothing worked. I had Kaboom on there this morning, didn't hardly phase it, even with scrubbing. Well, well, well....I got out one of the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers, and viola, clean, clean, clean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The damn tub looks brand new! It hasn't been this clean since we installed it! Did the glass too and then followed up with the microfiber cloth - sparkling. Not finished in there (lots of tile on the walls, small shelf needs cleaning) but it's a great start and I'm THRILLED! Even LAUREN was in awe - she asked me for a box for Xmas (then said she was kidding - darn, thought I'd have an easy present for her!)

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
Old 11-01-2004, 09:06 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

OMG!! I haven't been this bad with my eating since last XMAS!!! Gee whiz, I've been eating non-stop since Saturday and NOTHING good, all bad!! I've eaten so much chocolate and other crap I think I will explode! I'm wiping the slate clean as of right now(easy for me to say with a full tummy of chocolate bars and other crap). Time for reality to kick in. Well, I've done the damage now. All I can do is concentrate on getting back on track and undoing the damage. Bet it will take 2 weeks this time. Anyway, we had a pretty good time Halloween. The kids really enjoyed theirselves. Boogie was greedy! I had to call him back several times for butting in front of everyone when going to a door. We took only a couple of pics, I'll try to post tomorrow. Oh yea, I didn't wear my costume, it was too bulky and I was already hot. I can't believe how warm it is. Still in the 80's. Don't remember it ever being this hot this time of year. Hopefully, we'll be getting cooler weather later this week. Well, we officially got approved for our house loan today. Already looked at 3 houses today. They all sucked. Way over-priced. Looked at 1 that was 30 years old and in need of some remodeling and they were asking almost $100,000. Then another one was VERY plain and small for $105,000. I have a feeling this is going to be very time consuming and gas-wasting driving all over the place. I've seen several houses online and I don't like any of them either! Guess I'll just take it day by day and hopefully we'll luck up within the next couple of months. Well, I'm tired and I have a stomachache(geez, wonder why?!)...
heartmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 09:10 PM   #15  

Evening! Had dinner, and then took a shower. Our plans for getting in a walk did not come to pass...I just felt too drained by the time Tom was ready.

The board sure is slow today! Where is everyone??

I am feeling more and more human...took the steri strips off the incision. I was happy it did not hurt more.

Dinner tonight was: pork chop, ww pasta in alfredo sauce, steamed broccoli. Lunch was three eggs, and an english muffin. Too many starches, but at this point, I am not going to worry about it. I am going to eat what is easy, and the oat bran muffin is an essential right now!

I am going to find a book to re-read and snuggle down in my recliner. I feel kind of blah tonight...

DEB: I am with Jack on this one...I would have made her clean out her own mess.

JACK: Oh! A hot tub sounds divine!

KENG: I can't believe Jess wants to vacuum...I hope you can keep her loving cleaning! It will make your life much easier.

TONI: Its hard to believe it is raining up there! The weather was almost perfect here today! Its supposed to start raining tomorrow...