Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: When it comes to wearing make-up...
Wear it religiously every day, even if no one else will see me 2 11.76%
Wear it only if I know I'll be going out and seen by others 9 52.94%
Wear it only if I'm dressing up and going to a special event 4 23.53%
Never wear make-up, no matter what 1 5.88%
I'm a natural beauty, I don't need to wear make-up! 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-31-2004, 07:52 AM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Default Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 5/31-6/5

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-TASTY THURSDAY (RECIPE DAY)
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...152#post594152

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Debelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 08:02 AM   #2  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Wanted to make sure I got our
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM, there's 2 of them to read today-both good

LIFE'S DETOURS

Sometimes life will present you with an unexpected detour. Sometimes you'll spend a lot of time and effort, and end up right back where you started. Such times are no reason for despair. Rather, they provide an opportunity for renewed determination and commitment.

Sometimes, things will not go as you planned. When that happens, keep in mind that much of life's richness comes from its unpredictability.

Rather than cursing the detours that life throws your way, explore what they have to offer. Even though you're not moving in the direction you intended to go, you can still make positive progress.

No moment is wasted when you live it with passion and purpose. Every sincere effort brings a valuable reward, even though the result may not be exactly as you planned. Getting there the fastest is not nearly as important as making the most of every moment.

Value and enjoy the journey, even when there are detours along the way.

-- Ralph Marston

POWER OF FOCUS

When there is much to be done, it can be tempting to try and work on it all at once. Yet rarely is anything ever gained by taking that approach.

The most effective effort is focused effort. Do one thing and do it well, with total focus, until the job is done. Let go of your thoughts and worries about what comes next. Give your attention to the task at hand.

Jumping back and forth from one thing to another can waste much of your time and seriously dilute your momentum. The more there is to be done, the more important it becomes to solidly focus your efforts.

Hurried and scattered actions will rarely get you there any faster. Be patient, stay focused on one task at a time, and you'll make the most progress.

Give your efforts the power of focus and momentum. And watch them bring spectacular results.

-- Ralph Marston

Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/1??/129
SB since 3/22/00
Debelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 10:24 AM   #3  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

GOOD MEMORIAL DAY BUDDYS!!!

Can't believe that I'm first on here today! And before any of you ask...YES, I'M THE NATURAL BEAUTY!!!!! on the poll!!!

No big plans on the home front for BOB today. A few duties around the house, then just resting up for the rest of the week!
It's so DARN HOT!! and my GRASS HAS DIED ALREADY AND IT'S NOT EVEN SUMMER YET!!!!

I'm off to do a few things...hope to get on later to check on everyone....

BOB

Last edited by THE BIG ORANGE BABE; 04-26-2006 at 07:31 PM.
THE BIG ORANGE BABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 10:47 AM   #4  
sef

HiedeeHo All!

Memorial Day, a day that holds so much significance Today is also The National Moment of Rembrance, where each year the White House Commission on Remembrance asks everyone to pause a moment at 3p today to remember those who have sacrificed so much for our country with a prayer or gesture such as salute or ringing a bell. Trumpet players throughout the US are being asked to play taps at 3p. I hope you will give this some thought.

This morning we are entertaining at one of the NHs, you can be sure there will be a patriotic song. Also June 14 is Flag Day so I will do You're A Grand Old Flag.

Yesterday I did not exercise. I tripped over a piece of lint and rammed into the wall with my bad shoulder. Spent the day using the ice pack. Just too sore to push it. Today feels better.

Me and Marilyn Monroe....blonde all over! If I don't put on makeup I have no face. Even just putting on eyebrows improves my face. It's bad enough to look in the mirror and see fat, let alone blah. So for my own self esteem I put on makeup first thing. Just lightly, when I go to church etc. I put on a better face. Ah Vanity............thy name is woman.

Zucchini, mushrooms, broccoli layered. I forget who posted that. Do you layer it with the cheese sauce too or pour sauce over the whole? Do you use cooked veggies or raw? It's all good ingredients that I like and would like to try it.

Well, have to get backfield in motion and get dressed to go.

Take care,
Shirley
sef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 12:11 PM   #5  
Little Engine That Could

Hi everyone. I actually have use of a computer here in the home where I am staying. Today is a national holiday in France and everything was closed, except the restaurants. If there are some weird mistakes in this post, it's because the keyboard in France is different than in the USA. We walked a ton today, and took the subway--the Metro--everywhere. but I only got in 600 steps. Yes, I actually brought my pedometer! We had lunch at a "resto" and I had a very good salad. I also had a snack this afternoon of a Hagen Daaz cassis and vanilla, swirled. A delicious flavor that I wish we had in the US:
The family we are staying with is a retired man who is French and who used to teach French at Harvard, and also English here in France, so he can speak English, but does not so that we have to speak French ALL THE TIME!!! They have a cat. Tonight my roommate and I are fixing our own dinner as the hosts are going out. We don't have free range of the house but must li,it ourselves to our bedroom or the kitchen, unless they invite us to join them in the living or dining room. I think it might be the French way.
OK, I'm gonna go. My roommate wants to use the computer too. Au revoir.
GatorGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 12:11 PM   #6  

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!!!

Hello BOB! Enjoy your day relaxing!

Sef: I will stop whatever I am doing at 3 p.m. today and say a prayer! I posted the layering of veggies....I put the zucchini on the bottom and then put the sliced mushrooms, and the broccoli; I've added bell pepper and onions before too. I then pour the sauce over that and then top with cheese. It is really good. I also topped with oregano.

I have to vote on the poll, but don't wear make-up when I am home for the day EVER! I wear it lightly when I am going out for the day and a little heavier if I am dressed up and going out for the evening. Not that I am a natural beauty; I just don't like to mess with it on a day that I am home.

I went to the gym this morning and felt like a celebrity! There was only one other person there...I felt like they closed the gym down just for me. It was actually kinda nice.

Well, I better go get dressed. I am going to take the kids to Chick-Fil-A for lunch and then go by my parents house.

I hope you all have a great day!!

Nat
Pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 12:14 PM   #7  

Hi Gator:

We were posting at the same time. So glad you made it there safely and are having a good time. We hope to hear more from you in the coming weeks.

Take care of yourself!!
Nat
Pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 01:15 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Hey, guys. We celebrated with our family yesterday. My eating was the worst it's been in months! Everyone was suppossed to bring a dish. Guess what the majority of the food was...desserts. Yep, I will carry to the grave how many desserts I ate over the course of the day. It's over and done with. I'm in this for life, so not going to cry too much about it. Yesterday was really nice. I saw family that I haven't seen in years. Some of my cousins were so nice and complimentary about my weight loss. Anyway, today is sooo ugly and dreary. It's been raining since last night. Nothing to do but watch tv or get on the computer. Can't exercise cause hubby is home and in the LR. But I'll make sure to get 2 workouts in tomorrow. Have a good Memorial Day!

Rosalie- Thanks for asking about Boogie. He's doing great. He had a blast yesterday playing with all his cousins. Some of my family couldn't believe how energetic he is. We don't go back to the cardiologist until August. I remember when it was at least twice a month, then once a month, then every three months. Now he's down to 2 times a year. So he's doing really good.
heartmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 07:30 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Howdy!

Just popping in to send some love and hugs to ya'll. I ate way too much yesterday but jumped right back OP today..yeah. Walking is going to be hard in this heat but I'm hoping it will cool down at least a little.

Sef...I'm so sorry that you hurt your sore shoulder. ((Easy Hugs))

Bob...howdy. Of course you are the natural beauty. It sure aint me....this old barn needs a good coat of paint from time to time.

Heart...sounds like a fabulous time. My sister made me some home made salsa yesterday and it just begged to be eaten...with chips of course.

((Gator)) woo hoo what a neat surprise to hear from you on your trip. Hope you continue to have a blast.

Deb...thanks for starting this weeks board. Hope all is going well with you.

I have 30 minutes to read my book before I have to either walk or mow.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 08:42 PM   #10  
Bustin' Buddy

Hey friends

Long time no talk to! I'm finally out of school! YIPPEE! So, hopefully now....I'll be on the board more! I need to get my butt in gear and eat right now! HA! Well, this month of fertility was unsuccessful....I'm starting to worry. I go to the doctor tomorrow and I actually meet with her this time to discuss why my cycles have been so short - like 18 - 19 days since I've started my shots. So, I'll keep y'all posted.

DEB: Sorry I missed your call this weekend.....I was in the bed sick and Terry had the phone in the other room. I'm still here - just really depressed about this fertility and other things......just not my happy go lucky self. But, now that school is out - hopefully I'll get back to my old self soon enough.

Well, see you all tomorrow after my dr. appt.

Love ya
Missy
fruitloupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 09:31 PM   #11  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!

I'm still doing laundry, just waiting out the dryer...watching IKE on A&E...it's
well done, and we're almost to D=DAY on the movie...

On FOX NEWS at 10P.M. they are doing a weight loss special...I'm tuning in.

I'm not a hocky fan, but TAMPA is ahead right now...would really be something if they win the CUP!!!

GATOR...glad you're having a good time...

FRUIT...KEEP THAT CHIN UP GIRLFRIEND....I've still got everything crossed...

I'm off to finish up..then I,m hitting the four poster....

BOB

Last edited by THE BIG ORANGE BABE; 04-26-2006 at 07:31 PM.
THE BIG ORANGE BABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 09:55 PM   #12  
sef

HiedeeHo All!

A good day. The NH entertaning was so much fun. I love it when I can get individuals to respond to some of our questions that will lead up to a number.

I wasn't good. After the program the NH was having a BBQ and invited us to partake. So I had a hamburger on a roll.

Came home, changed and set down to cool off, started a crossword and fell asleep. I was a wake ar three though. Went out in the pool and did shoulder exercises as well as some for my back. Didn't realize how much body parts work as a whole, shoulder felt the back ones and leg ones too,

GATOR: Glad you have accessibilty to a computer and can let us know how you are doing. You will learm so much by being able to live in someone's home.

PANCHO: Remember, before I started going gray I was a blonde. Went to the recipe boards and cold not find your zucchini dish. Did you mean a tomato sauce topped with cheese or a cheese sauce topped with additional cheese? It just sounds good.

COUNTRY: Thanx for "easy hugs". Tomorrow I have an appt for out-patient PT. Because they are a different provider than the home PT, they are going to evaluate me.

FRUIT: Hope summer vacation allows you more time for yourself, that you will be more relaxed about things. I pray that good things will happen. Sorry you weren't feeling well. I think worry makes us more prone to catch "bugs" of all kinds.

Going to see what's on TV. I been here at the computer quite awhile looking for novelty songs. Time to rest.

Take care,
Shirley
sef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 11:16 PM   #13  

Evening! We watched Shrek this afternoon, then went to the theater tonight to see Shrek 2. What a riot! I really enjoyed both of them.

Still no a/c. They are supposed to get it fixed tomorrow morning. Hooray! Thankfully, its been rather cool.

I was very good today. I had only one very small cheat. It felt really good to be almost totally back on program! We ate dinner with my daughter and son in law. He fixed Japanese Tonkatsu, and brown rice, with a salad dressed with a soy and lime vinagarette. Delicious! I just had some yogurt with oat squares, which are NOT legal, but an indulgence I partake of now and then. They are very good in yogurt and not TOO terribly illegal.

I am having a terrible time with joint pain lately. I had hoped the increase in thyroid meds would help, but I see no improvement yet. Today was the worst it has been in a long long time. I am popping ibuprofen and hoping it will improve soon.

Its late, and past time for bed. I hope I can get back on in the morning and do some replies.
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 01:47 AM   #14  

Happy Memorial Day---

Just a quickie tonight. Been running for the last 5 days it seems like. Thurs. I went up north to help dh when they moved a mobile home in. Friday was his BD, so we spent all day on the run. Saturday was his surprise party.......was so much better than I had even hoped for. He was totally and completely surprised. His expression was priceless. Also his small speech choked him up, and brought tears to my eyes. It was so worth doing this..... he will remember this for always. There were over 50 family and friends. A wonderful time for all. Sunday was clean up day, and we went up north for a brunch. Today I spent the morning at the cemetary, then did grocery shopping, we mowed the lawn, and worked in the garden. My poor puppies are feeling like they are orphans. I haven't even seen my cat for a couple of days either. Tomorrow is back to normal.

Eating has been 100% OP today. Was a bit off for the weekend. Had a piece of dh's cake on Saturday, but ate OP for the potluck. Yesterday was more of a PP day as we went to dh's favorite breakfast buffet. I didn't eat off plan, just more proteins and fats. I have to add that Deb's cheesecake it awesome!! This is definitely something that can be taken to any kind of get together. Yum, yum!!

Well, thats it for now. Sweet dreams all and see you in the morning.
Teensybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 10:47 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy Tuesday,

That sounds funny. Skipped one whole day. We had a crazy weekend with all the tornadoes. Luckily we had no damage, but there sure is lots around other areas. Sounds like the south is getting them now.

Weekend eating was not 100% but not bad. Already nothing has any taste. It came on quick this time. Felt pretty good Sat and Sunday. Sunday night started feeling yucky. Yesterday I was just shakey and no energy. Still sort of shakey today. Just can't find anything to eat or drink. We had 3 graduation parties, so considering, I did not do too badly.

Anyone up to making the rest of this week 100% OP? At least to the weekend. Maybe next week we can shoot for the weekend too.

Bob, there was no doubt that you were the natural beauty. Did Kathy have any storm damage?

Teensy, so glad your DH loved his party.

Monet, hoping you are feeling better today.

Heart, Today is a new day. Lets try to make the rest of the week OP.

Nat, all alone at the gym. I don't know if I would like that.

Sef, hope your shoulder feels better.

Fruit, hate to hear the news. I was just thinking about you yesterday. Hope the Dr can give you some answers. Hang in there. Still sending prayers.

Country, Back on track is the way to do it.

Gator, so glad you are safe and sound. Strange customs in other places. Have fun.

Hope to be back later.

Jackie.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote