Not a registered voter 1 5.26%
Not a US Citizen 1 5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-10-2004, 12:25 AM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Default Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 5/10-5/16

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-TASTY THURSDAY (RECIPE DAY)
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...402#post579402

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Debelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 12:31 AM   #2  

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Will post my usual morning post sometime later, but wanted to make sure I got our
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM, there's 2 of them to read today-both good

FIRLMY IN CONTROL

If you could reverse the direction of time, it might be useful to assign blame. Because blame is all about the past. Yet time moves only forward. And no matter how precisely you analyze and reconstruct the past, you won't be able to change what has already happened.

When you truly desire to move forward, assigning blame won't do it. The way to move positively ahead is to take responsibility.

The situation in which you find yourself is yours, no matter how it came to be, no matter who may be to blame. Life moves forward, so let your thinking and your actions be focused in the same positive, productive direction.

From this point on, your best strategy is to embrace responsibility. After all, the person with the most vested interest in your future is you.

Take responsibility, and you put yourself firmly in control.

-- Ralph Marston

YOUR HIGHEST VALUES

When you know that what you're doing is right, nothing will be able to stop you. When you are absolutely convinced of the true value of your efforts, you'll have the courage and the persistence to see them through.

To believe in what you're doing is not just important. It is everything.

Anything less cannot possibly succeed. For any accomplishments you reach while living a lie will ultimately be of no value.

It is not always easy to live true to your highest values, true to your authentic self, true to what you know is right. Yet it is always your best choice.

When you deny what you know is right in order to follow the expediency of the moment, the benefits you gain are trivial and fleeting. Choose instead to live each moment true to the highest values you know.

Then, who you become will be the fulfillment of who you truly are. Why would you ever want to be anything less?

-- Ralph Marston

Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/1??/129
SB since 3/22/00
Old 05-10-2004, 12:32 AM   #3  

WE HAVE A BIRTHDAY TO CELEBRATE TODAY!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHERYLCO!!!!!

Old 05-10-2004, 07:48 AM   #4  

Good Morning! I survived my arts festival and Mother's Day. It was not much of a holiday. The kids all had other things they had to do, or wanted to do. My youngest did bring me a dozen roses, but the other two did not even call. My wonderful husband made me breakfast, lunch and took me out to dinner after church with the crowd, plus gave me a beautiful card.

Now that I am past the festival, its time to get back to eating well. I have been eating whatever I could find at the time I felt hungry. At the festival, we had hot dogs and I ate them with buns, then went out for Mexican with a group, and ate chips and drank a Margarita. I never drink, so that was amazing in itself. I am tired, achy and ready to get going on the next big project, which is a large wedding cake for Sunday.

With all that was going on, I was pleased that I only missed going to Curves once last week. I am about to throw some clothes on and head over there this morning.

Hope everyone is doing well. Have a great day!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 08:57 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Cherylco,

Have a great birthday.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 09:13 AM   #6  

Good Monday morning.

Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day.

My weekend kind of sucked. I was yucky all weekend. Started throwing up Thursday night and just felt shakey and yucky and tired all weekend. I have the worst metal taste in my mouth. I'm so thirsty but everything tastes so bad. Just have no energy.

Went to lunch yesterday with the girls and DH. They gave me the cutiest wine, margaritta and cosmo glasses. They look so pretty in my wine rack. Also a new slide necklace. DH gave me some perfume. So it was a nice day. I layed in the lawn chair most of the day. Went and got some flowers to pot, watched DH do that too.

Today is some better. Just that horrible taste and sick at my stomach. You would think it would make you not eat. But not me, I just keep trying to find something to satisfy me.

Gator, thanks for the info on Pepsi. I normally drink Coke products when I do drink colas. But glad to know they are not doing that. Hope your shin slpints are better.

Bob, hope you get straightened out at the Dr. Being here when you are feeling bad is better than not being here at all. How can we help you if we can't talk to you. Hang in there. This to will pass.

Tranquil, sounds liek you did good on your eating. Glad you enjoyed your Mother's Day.

VMoore, WTG staying away from that pizza and cake. But don't beat yourself up over yesterday. It is only 1 day.

Heart, come on you can do it.

Vesnoid, Welcome back. It is good to hear from your again. Sorry you have had so much trouble. Congrats on your marriage. Hope things straighten out for you soon.

Deb, sorry you felt so bad this weekend. You were not alone. I really think you need a visit to the Dr.

Monet, Time to get some rest now that the art festival is over. I'm so proud that you made it to Curves so much with all you had going on. This is a new week and a new start.

Have a great day.

Jackie
Old 05-10-2004, 10:34 AM   #7  
Little Engine That Could

Jack-K--Hope you are feeling better by the end of the day. I wonder if you drank your tea, water, etc. with a straw that might help as it would get to the back of your mouth and bypass more of your tastebuds. Just a thought, weird as it sounds.

Monet--Congrats on getting to curves. At least you were doing something right, and that is half the battle.

I had a really busy weekend. Both my DS and DD came over on Sat. and they worked really hard and cleaned out our garage totally. It looks great. My DH helped, but he let them do most of the hard work. We got rid of a ton of stuff and the VVA is coming tomorrow to pick it up. We could always get both cars in the garage, but now it is not unpleasant to look at the sight in there. My DS also washed my car, almost detailed it. And he took a bunch of digital pictures of flowers in the butterfly garden, real close-ups, and then mounted 3 of the best ones in a picture frame. It was a nice gift, and I was even surprised that he came over at all. So, that, in itself, was very nice. He seemed quite relaxed, but then, his signif. other was not with him.

My DH and I worked in the yard all yesterday afternoon, and I am totally sore and whipped today. Last night I could hardly walk. We planted some new bushes to replace 15 that died when our new tree was put in. We also did a few other spruce up chores, and everything looks really beautiful in the yard now. Just like a little park. The butterfly garden is still gorgeous, and I found several little caterpillars that I have brought in to my cage on the back porch to watch them grow.

Despite being tired, I did manage to walk this morning. I took off the last 3 days after having shin splint pain on Friday. I did fine today, but it makes me mad to think that even walking is going to be touch and go sometimes for me. I've been trying to up my pace so I can do 4 miles an hour, but when I go that fast I get the shin splints, it seems. Amazing as it seems, I am actually down 1/2 pound this morning, to 165.5. I have no idea why I lost this 1/2 pound after 3 weeks, because I have not been religious with my eating, but there it was, down 1/2 pound. Weird! I don't think I'll make my goal of 159 by May 29 unless I get sick and throw up for 4 straight days. And I don't want to lose weight that way!

Well, gotta go. Have lots of chores. I started painting a small hallway that was pretty well dinged. I bought the semi-gloss paint in the same color--the walls are painted panelling--and the "semi-gloss" is the glossiest paint I've ever seen. I can just about see my reflection in it. So, I'm taking it back to get something that, to me, is SEMI-gloss. Fortunately, I did not paint everything in the hall, but just a one-foot section of the wall.

Hope everyone has a great day. Happy birthday Cheryco.

Last edited by GatorGal; 05-10-2004 at 10:37 AM.
GatorGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 11:03 AM   #8  

Good Monday morning:

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was wonderful. I went to the gym on Saturday morning and then to the dr. When I got home, DH & DD's yell, "Happy Mother's Day." They had gone to the store and picked up a balloon, a teddy bear, a mixed floral arrangement, a tulip flower arrangement, and Britt had made me a personalized pot at school that she put flowers in. My DH also bought me a $50 Starbucks gift card.....yippee! They all gave me pretty cards too. It was so nice. Britt also gave me a bag of crafts she had been making for me for the past two weeks. It's so cute when they are young and look forward to doing nice things for you.

We then went to church Saturday evening and then out to dinner. I did eat too much, but tried to recover yesterday. I was up a pound to 121# this morning, but will see what WIW brings.

I am not sure if I will make it to the gym today or not. Delaney slept in until almost 7 a.m, so I doubt she'll take a nap. We will see.

We decided that we are going to take our trip to Nashville/Florida this summer. We plan to spend a few days in Nashville and then on to Panama City, where my DH's parents live. We will then go to Busch Gardens for 4th of July and then head home. It will be a long, busy trip, but I hope we will have fun. I hesitate being in a car for 12-15 hours a day with Delaney being at the age she is. We will just have to make lots of stops, I guess. Long gone are the days of making record time. I always tell my DH that since the driving part is such a huge part of the trip, we have to make that fun too. I bought some games for the kids, and I will buy some more CD's, and we have a little TV we can bring to watch videos. We'll make it!

Cherylco: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Monet: Sorry to hear that 2 of your kids forgot to acknowledge you on your special day. At least you have a DH that takes such good care of you. Glad to hear the festival is over, and you can move on to other things now. Great job getting to Curves as much as you did last week; it probably helped keep the stress levels down.

Jack-K: What a terrible way to spend the weekend, feeling yucky. I hope you are feeling much better soon. It sounds like you had a great Mother's Day!

Gator: What a lovely Mother's DAy. Sounds like you had a busy, productive weekend.

Well, I better run and get some things done. Britt only has 3 more weeks of school and then it's SUMMERTIME!!

Take care,
Nat
Pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 11:31 AM   #9  

Default Hello!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHERLYCO

JACK-K Sure hope you are feeling better soon!

Deb, you too!

Sorry I have been away so long. Still having computer problems. I finally was able to back up ALL my pictures & documents. I was sooo afraid of loosing all my pictures. The majority of the baby's pics have been digital & I have no hard copies. So now that I finially have them on disk, I think I will have to reformat the whole thing & start fresh.

I've also been having lots of pain in my right shoulder. Seeing the orthopedic surgeon today. It's been over a year since I had seen him last. The pain was managable, but not now. I don't sleep well & wake up in such pain everyday.

My weight is holding steady. Still higher than I would like, but lower than it had been. Holding at 155-156 which is not bad. My size 8 no longer fits, but the 10's are comfortable again.

Getting ready for vacation at the end of this month. Heading to FL. I'm ready!!

Hope all is well with everyone else on the board.
Melf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 03:31 PM   #10  

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHERLYCO

Hope you have a wonderful day!
YellowRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 04:43 PM   #11  

Head home for the day.

Feeling some better but not much. DDs starts Volleyball tonight so guess we will go watch for awhile.

Gator whew! you are wearing me out just reading about your busy weekend. I'm so glad you had a nice day with your kids. Don't you just clean spaces? It is such an accomplished feeling. I wouldn't worry about your pace walking. It is better to walk slower than not at all. I always use a straw, but it is not helping. Thanks for the suggestion.

Nat, sounds like you had a great day. I bet Lane sleeps alot on the way to Fl. Plus the videos should help.

Melf, good to hear from you. Hope you get those pics loaded. That would be such a shame to lose them. Sorry your shoulder is bothering you. Nothing worse than pain that wakes you up at night. Get some relief. I'm jealous of your's and Nat's trips to Fl. Wish I were going.

Rose,

have a great evening.

Jackie
Old 05-10-2004, 05:25 PM   #12  

Hello Ladies:

I have missed this board greatly! I am finally back home and on sort of a normal schedule. I went to New Jersey with my parents last Saturday (we drove from Nashville!) to attend my aunt's funeral. She finally lost her battle with cancer, but she gave it a good fight.

I am finally in the 180's!! Down a total of 14.5 pounds. I know I'll make my goal of losing 15# by my vacation in June. I can really tell the difference in my clothes!

I hope everyone had a nice Mother's Day, I didn't get to really read all the posts, still trying to catch up with everything. Jack-K, hope your better soon
Pancho - you'll love Nashville, Cherylco - Happy Bday!!!! And to everyone else have a blessed week and good luck staying OP and losing those pounds!

Lara

203.5/189/160
sxyredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 06:35 PM   #13  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

I was afraid that THE RATH OF JACKIE would get me if I didn't get my big arse on here!

I can't say that I'm better, but hoping that my visit to the DOC on Friday will take care of that! While there, I'm going to ask him about starting back on Phentermine to control my hunger. It works for me, and I don't want to take it forever. I've heard about a new antidepressant called LEXAPRO...anyone got any scoop on that?

ANYONE BESIDES ME AND DEB SURVIVOR FANS???? I am SO GLAD that BOSTON ROB didn't win.....of course, after asking Amber to marry him on national TV, he will reap the benefits! I've already gone on their site to vote for RUPERT to win the extra 1 mil......

[i]HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHERYL!!!!!! HOPE YOU'VE HAD A GREAT DAY!!! AND FINALLY.... (NOT!!!!)

CONGRATS LARA!!!! You're on your weigh and you'll make it by your vacation!!!!

MELF....I thought about you today.....had BUFFALO HOT BONELESS CHICKEN for lunch!

NAT....so glad to hear that you had a GREAT MD......

GATOR....I emailed you!!!

JACKIE....DITTO on the email!!!

MONET...I know you're glad to be back in the normal world

I'm off to fix supper.....Everyone have a great evening!

BOB

Last edited by THE BIG ORANGE BABE; 04-26-2006 at 07:31 PM.
THE BIG ORANGE BABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 06:37 PM   #14  

Back from the doctor. He injected my shoulder. Still thinks it's a nerve inpengment. Hurts more now than before the injection. Hope it's temproary.

JACKK-K, Glad to hear that you're feeling a little better.

YELLOWROSE, Tried to call you yesterday. Are you still in Tx or NC?? Miss hearing from you.

sxyredhead, Sorry to hear of your aunt's passing. Congrats on your wt loss. That is great. Keep up the great work.

Will try to post more regular. Have really missed everyone here.
Old 05-10-2004, 06:39 PM   #15  

BOB, Looks like we were posting at the same time. Hope you feel better soon.