Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: What's your favorite color of roses to receive/buy?
White 2 13.33%
Yellow 6 40.00%
Peach 2 13.33%
Pink 1 6.67%
Red 2 13.33%
Purple 2 13.33%
Other color 0 0%
I hate roses 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-03-2004, 06:04 AM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Post Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 5/3-5/9

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-TASTY THURSDAY (RECIPE DAY)
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...185#post574185

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Debelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 06:06 AM   #2  

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Will post my usual morning post sometime later, but wanted to make sure I got our
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM, there's 2 of them to read today-both good

MOMENTUM IN YOUR FAVOR

Those who complain the most bring upon themselves the most things about which to complain. Those who praise and rejoice the most end up finding and experiencing the most things about which they can rejoice.

Experience is driven by expectations, and expectations are formed through experience. Once you're on a particular path, whether positive or negative, it can become largely self-perpetuating.

That's the power of momentum. You enjoy a small accomplishment, and the positive satisfaction it gives you sets you up for an even bigger and better accomplishment, which further increases the positive momentum.

Small things can make a big difference, because even the small things define the direction of your momentum. When you're thankful and joyous about the modest successes, they begin to build into bigger successes.

Because negative momentum can be just as strong, it often takes a lot of effort to make even the smallest move in a positive direction. Yet it is worth all the effort, because even with that small move you have effectively turned the power of momentum in your favor.

Once momentum is moving in your direction, you begin to get more and more positive results from each effort. Start small, get momentum working for you, and there's no limit to how far you can go.

-- Ralph Marston

REACH HIGH

Even a small effort can change your momentum from negative to positive. But why settle for just a small effort?

When life seems overwhelming, dig in and go to work. When there's a lot to be done, there's also a lot that can be accomplished. When the challenges are difficult and complicated, that's your opportunity to create enormous value. When the situation is tough, that's your chance to grow stronger.

A quick look in the mirror will confirm something you may have forgotten about. Namely, you are designed and equipped to positively thrive on challenge. You're intuitive, curious, creative, flexible, and effective, among many other things. And you've experienced how great it feels to make full, productive use of what you have.

So stand tall and reach for the biggest challenges, the ones that others may shy away from. Reach for the biggest challenges, and they will pull you ever higher.

-- Ralph Marston

Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/1??/129
SB since 3/22/00
Old 05-03-2004, 06:08 AM   #3  

Rushing through....
WE HAVE A BIRTHDAY TO CELEBRATE TODAY!!!!

TRANQUIL!!!!!

Old 05-03-2004, 08:04 AM   #4  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRANQUIL!!!!!
vmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 08:56 AM   #5  
Little Engine That Could

LOL--vmoore--I was wondering if anyone would notice my last post yesterday. LOL
The board was so slow that I was literally talking to myself. I wondered if anyone would get it. LOL

Happy birthday Tranquil.

It is rainy and gloomy here today. So, I will not be playing golf and I have lots of chores to do instead. I did not weigh this morning. Still depressed about lack of anything happenning. There was an interesting article in the USAToday about the dollar cost of eating Adkins or SBeach diet.

Bye.
GatorGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 09:00 AM   #6  

Good Morning! This is going to be a terribly busy week for me...Arts Festival is Saturday. I have about 70 submissions for the gallery and I am going crazy trying to plan how to display them all. I went to Dick Blick yesterday afternoon and bought all the easels they had...20 of them...that makes a total of about 40, and its not enough. Eating yesterday was so so. We had a luncheon at church, which was Mexican food. I ate a taco salad bowl..you know the big fried flour tortilla ones...that is about all I ate all day, but I felt pretty bloated from my eating sushi and nachos on Saturday. I am planning on being back on track today.

GATOR: I can relate to your post so well. Its easy to say to heck with this when nothing is happening. I did that over the weekend, and I am afraid to get on the scale. I laughed at your second post... I have done that before, and no one said anything. Makes me wonder ...LOL You think things are hopping in Orlando? Here is my month of May: May 8, arts festival I am directing, 9th, Mother's Day...probably nothing here...my kids are creeps sometimes... May 16 wedding cake and grooms cake..big ones...May 22, my sister in law's wedding in Columbia SC...I have to do the cakes and we will have to spend the weekend up there. May 27 Laura graduates from high school...June 12 another wedding cake and its Laura's birthday. I can't wait for June 13! haha! In all that, I am sure the church will call me and ask me to cater a dinner on the 16th...the answer will be no. I just can't handle anything else.

hello to everyone!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 09:01 AM   #7  

GATOR: We were posting at the same time...sorry about the rain there. Its gorgeous up here in Hotlanta! Just a tad cool! Off to Curves!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 09:33 AM   #8  

Good Monday Morning Everyone

Whew! What a weekend. Sick as a dog since Saturday afternoon. Was feeling odd during garage sales, which I might add sucked big time! Got home around Noon and was feeling really achey and tired and had a great case of the runs. Went to sleep, and slept almost all day except when LAUREN woke me up around 8pm to take her to babysit. Came home, stayed up for about half hour and went back to sleep. Didn't feel that much better on Sunday. Went to ELI'S kids party (birthday and sort-of college grad. party) and then to my sisters for my niece's bday party which I left early because I wans't feeling good - waves of light nausea kept hitting me all day. Came home, threw up and started to feel better. Really didn't even throw up anything either, hadn't eaten anything much at all, so that was weird. Whatever LAUREN had, MICHAEL got and then I got and hopefully, this is it. Feeling a lot better today, thank goodness! That was one exciting weekend

Spoke to SHIRLEY this past weekend. She's doing better but it was sad to hear the surgery wasn't a success and that she'll have to have another one. She's a trooper though and won't let this get her down. She'll be the fastest one handed typist soon! She said to tell everyone hello~

Spoke to BOB too - I think she may be offering TIPPY up for grabs soon. She wanted me to trade TIPPY for ELI - very tempted offer, but TIPPY doesn't cook, in bed or out, so I'm going to pass

Spoke to TRANQUIL to wish her an early happy birthday - wow, she had some interesting news - will let her tell you all about it.

Not much on my agenda today, sorta taking it easy. Going to try to tidy up a bit - not that a bit seems to help any Have to try and press out the millions of wrinkles in MICHAEL'S jacket and pants for tomorrow nights SILVER KNIGHT AWARDS CEREMONY downtown so he doesn't look a fright.

MONET, sounds like your month is as busy, if not busier than mine! Are you doing anything special for LAURA'S graduation? I haven't planned on anything for MICHAEL, don't have any ideas, really. I figure I'll be spending a ton of money that I don't have to pay for things he's going to need for college and that should be graduation presents enough. Are your pieces you are putting in this art show going to be for sale? Please try to take a picture of your display if possible. MICHAEL just had is IB ART EXAM and had to mat and hang pictures he's taken - hopefully he'll get a 6 or 7, but he'll be happy with a 5. She seemed to like his work. I wish I could find a way to post at least one of his pieces on the board but they are under his name and I don't know how to get them to post.

GATOR, this weeks poll was put with you in mind.

Will check back later, hope everyone has a good week. Been back on track for 2 weeks now and feeling good, with exception of this weekend, which of course, has nothing to do with my eating

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
Old 05-03-2004, 10:50 AM   #9  

Good Monday morning:

Is everyone ready for an OP week???? I am. I was pretty good all weekend, and plan to do well all week. I hope to get to the gym 3-4 days this week! We will see how Lane does. She doesn't seem to want to take an early nap anymore, so she is too tired and cranky at the time I need to work out (when Britt is in school). We will see how it all plays out.

I went to the doctor on Saturday to have a vitamin/mineral IV done. My blood pressure was 98/56. I am always glad to see myself get low readings since my mom has high blood pressure, and has to take medication for it. My dad's mom always had dangerously low blood pressure and had to be medicated for that.

Britt had a birthday party (swim party) to go to on Saturday evening; she had a lot of fun. DH stayed home with Lane. Sunday was shopping and lazy day!

vmoore: The ingredients in the Craisins are: Cranberries & Sugar! I don't know what I was thinking, but Cranberries are very tart, and you have to sweeten them up somehow. My DH and kids like them, so I'll eventually get rid of the 80# bag . Good job staying OP at the Outback. Thanks for the prayers!

BOB: Are you rich yet; how'd "your" horse do??? Is Tippy feeling better?

Teensy: I hope you are feeling better today, and that you keep those 2#'s off. I remember when I was in my mid 130's, I got a stomach flu and had diarrhea and vomiting for about 36 hours. I lost 3#'s, but knew I would put it on as soon as I ate solid food again...I never did...I kept those #'s off and continued to lose more. I was surprised.

Arcayne: Good luck to you; try not to stress too much!! You are 60#s lighter...you s/b fine! Try to concentrate on how much fun you are going to have instead of anticipating the "possiblity" of them telling you you can't fly. You will be just fine!!

Gator: Your post cracked me up!! You reason with yourself so well, and I'd have to ditto everything you said. I would feel the same way and want to give up to, but you have to remember that your body is healthier for what you feed it, and in the long run, you will be healthier too. Try to hang in there!!

Tranquil: Happy Birthday...hope you have a wonderful day!

Monet: Good luck to you this week. Try not to stress too much; everything is going to turn out great!!

Deb: Hope you are feeling better soon. Isn't it about the time of year that people are done being sick??? I just babysat a little baby on Friday that was all congested and sick; I'm sure Lane will be getting it anyday now. Thanks for the update on SEF; so sorry to hear the results of the surgery were not successful. Send her my best!!

Well, I guess I better go get some stuff done around here.

Have a great day!

Take care,
Nat
Pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 11:29 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi Ladies,

I'm back on track, and glad to be so. Legal all day so far and will continue. I made ww pizza crust for a pizza tonight.

Ate waaay too much over the weekend and none of it was really good. Didn't have a winner either. My feet are killing me and I have 3 blisters.

It is cold here. I'm swamped today and haven't had time to read the board. Hope to do so later.

Hope everyone is doing great. It's a new week and a new chance.

Jackie
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 12:12 PM   #11  

Another friggin day shot - on the phone for over an hour with AT&T. I like the price of their service, but their customer service and billing suck. I'm sure they are charging for items I shouldn't be billed for. Cingular's bill was so easy to understand and this, OMG, it's so confusing! What a waste of my time!

PANCHO, I'm with you on being OP. Wish I could say the same about the exercise. It's been moths since I walked and wish I had the desire to get back in to it. I need to badly! Hope you and LANE don't get sick from the baby, no one needs that!!

JACKK, hope you are doing better. I've called a few times but don't leave a message. I figure I'll catch up with you one day soon, or at least I hope I will.

I'm going to go take a shower and start getting ready to go to the PO, fax LAUREN'S papers (wasn't able to get through the other day) and go get the kids. I haven't done much else today where I could of if I hadn't been on the phone all darn morning - going on 1 1/2 hours with AT&T and counting...

Toodles

Deb
Old 05-03-2004, 01:41 PM   #12  

Hi,

Tranquil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deb: Thank you for the update on Shirley....I was starting to get worried with little news.
YellowRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 03:07 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Tranquil,

Hope you have a great day. No cake now!

We need to hear more from you

Jackie
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 04:09 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Howdy

I am so bad. I missed so many days getting to the board last week. Life has been so full and such a blessing lately. My eating has been so so...I have some great days and a few cheaty type days. So as you can guess the scales are still up..but I'm truly okay with that. More so than working my tial off and losing none.

We've killed several snakes already this year...yucky yucky when walking. The other night on your trip back one was in the middle of the road. Needless to say I squealed like a little piggy...aghghghggh...LOL But it's getting less and less scary. More of an inconvience.

We had fresh squash and green tomatoes out of the garden last week....talk about delicious.

Its time to get off of my duff. I'm gonna try to sneak back on later.

Deb..hope you are feeling better. So sorry to hear that Sef will need more surgery.

(((Everybody)))

Love and hugs,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 04:54 PM   #15  
Little Engine That Could

Monet--We have so many things the same. I had to laugh at your Mother’s Day comment. My kids are creeps too. My DD is not too bad, but still pretty self-focused. But my DS, what a jerk. He is a perfect example of a fool, in the classic sense. I hope they don’t bother me on M. day. That’s my least favorite holiday of the year.
Wow, you really are busy. I can’t quite figure out how to get back on the wagon mentally. As long as I have this bad attitude, eating is touch and go.
GatorGal is offline   Reply With Quote