Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Old 03-03-2004, 11:23 AM   #1  

Question Success Stories?? Big Losers?

Hi - I am thinking of switching from Atkins to Sugarbusters. I find Atkins to be awfully restrictive and don't feel like it is a plan I could live on for the rest of my life. Sugarbusters seems to be more "liveable".

My question is - I have a great deal of weight to lose and in reading the book, I found the only real testimonial is about one of the authors who has lost 20lbs and kept if off for several years.

Are there any BIG success stories out there? Share yours with me please.

Also, share any of the pros/cons you may have.

Thanks
Tana928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 11:54 AM   #2  

Hi Tana,
I don't like to brag, but I consider myself a success story in the making!
I started Sugar Busters in May 2003, after being sick of being fat, and talking it over with my Mom(who is a nurse, and happened to have the SB books at her house when I visited). After reading thru them, it sounded like a plan I could live with and went for it. Not every week is a decrease on the scales, but the trend has been fairly steady and I've lost 58 pounds as of this morning. Around 70 more to go, but I'm confident that I'll get there eventually. I have incorporated a regular exercise routine with the change in eating. My regular routine is 2 days a week at the gym doing strength training and cardio(usually the elliptical machine), and then 3-4 days doing just cardio(usually at home with the treadmill). I find if I don't exercise the scale doesn't move quite as quickly, plus the toning really helps those clothing sizes get smaller too.
There are many success stories on this board, we're not all perfect and we doing always stay On-Plan 100%, but that's why we support each other thru the good, the bad, and the ugly!
Good luck!
Barbara
270/212/135
woodfrogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 12:36 PM   #3  

Ive lost 20lbs on sugar busters in 6 weeks and my blood sugar is normal range!! Atkins is very hard. Check out the recipi board for sugar busters, there are some great foods you can have. Im not exactly a huge success story yet, but im well on my way and im healthier than ive been in years. Thats a success.

Valerie
vmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 05:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

I guess I'll chime in and toot my own horn,lol. I've lost 110 pounds total. The majority of those have been from SB. I started SB almost 2 years ago at almost 240 pounds(my highest weight was 278). I was a size 24/3x. I'm now around 167 pounds and wear a 12/14. Let me know if you want to see a before and "now" pic, and I'll email it to you. IMO- SB is THE healthiest way of eating there is. It's not a typical diet. It's something that you do for the rest of your life and is very adaptable.
heartmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 09:28 PM   #5  
Mel

Hi,
I haven't posted on the SB forum in ages, but wanted to chime in also. I lost 45 lbs. doing SB and a lot of exercise. It took me a little less than 5 months and I've kept the weight off for 2 1/2 years. Not a HUGE loss poundage wise, but I consider keeping it off to be a major success. I'm still eating basically the SB way, but eat a higher protein ratio because I do a lot of weightlifting.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 11:09 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 285/210/130

Height: 5'1

I started SB July 2002
I've gone from 235 to 206
size 24 to 16
I'm still doing SB, just slowed down on losing because my portions have been too big and I haven't been exercising!
Both my kids have lost weight too!
cherylco is offline   Reply With Quote