Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Looking back on the last week, how many days can you claim were cheat free for you?
0 3 13.64%
1 2 9.09%
2 0 0%
3 1 4.55%
4 6 27.27%
5 2 9.09%
6 2 9.09%
7 4 18.18%
Just starting today 2 9.09%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 03:35 PM   #91  

Hi all,

Weather is BEAUTIFUL here in N. Alabama today. Low to mid 70’s with a breeze… Makes me want to go out and plant some flowers or something…

I haven’t gotten through with my water yet today, but I will. Not much to go, just a little behind schedule from the last few days.

I’ve gotta go to my 12 year old DS’s practice game tonight. It should be fun. We stay at the baseball field from now until the end of June between the both of them playing. DH coaches both teams and I’m the everfaithful stats keeper.

Heartmom – My little one sounds like yours except in the male form. He absolutely loses it whenever anything happens to him! He’s 6. I’ve been talking to him about his crying and whining and overreacting lately, but it just goes in one ear and out the other. I keep telling him that the kids at school will start calling him a baby if he doesn’t change his ways – but you know, I don’t think he does it as bad at school (he’s the cool funny dude in class), I think he just saves it up for Mommy at home.

Deb – Glad to see your post. That paperwork sounds like a nightmare!!

Wonder if Beth is having a good time…

Fillise – how are things in S.AL??

Hi and Welcome to all newbies!

Gotta run now – ya’ll take care now ya hear!
tv
Old 03-25-2004, 05:47 PM   #92  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

HAPPY DAY AFTER WEIGH IN WEDNESDAY TO Y'ALL!!

Sorry I haven't been around lately, but we are so busy at the hospital and when I come home, I don't want to do anything!

My WIW wasn't on track. My battery is low on my scale, so I couldn't do the deed. I feel like I've gained, and probably have since I've not been too good lately. Been eating out at lunch a lot and that's not good and I know it!

Today so far:

B...scrambled egg, bacon, coffee

L...turkey pastrami and egg salad on pumpernickle
unsweetened tea

S..????????

Going to THE FRESH MARKET on Saturday, so I'll be picking up some pimento cheese and other odds and ends..then we're heading over to the #1 SUPER WALMART in the WHOLE USA!!!..it's in the northern end of Tampa and we're going in order to pick up some Natural Ovens bread. It's supposed to have the highest fiber count of any bread made.

Hope everyone is back on track....

BOB

Last edited by THE BIG ORANGE BABE; 04-26-2006 at 07:32 PM.
Old 03-25-2004, 05:56 PM   #93  

Talking

Goodevening!!

Today was a good OP day except for overdoing it on the fruit.

B- 1 cup of kashi go lean crunch cereal
L- salad and toasted 1/2 stww pita, smoothie ( frozen blackberries, vanilla carb solution yogurt, packet of sweetner and a splash of half and half mixed in food proccesor)

Sn-about 3 cups of grapes maybe more
Dinner- grilled ribs, blackeyed peas and fresh asperagus

Hope you all have had a great OP day!

valerie
Old 03-25-2004, 06:10 PM   #94  
Little Engine That Could

Yellow Rose and Beth--
Happy Birthday!!
Old 03-25-2004, 06:13 PM   #95  
Goddess

Default OP Thursday!!!!!

WOW! It sounds like OP Thursday is going well! I've been op too! For today:

B: Cheese omlet, 3 slices bacon and 2 slices WW toast w/ butter

S: I green banana

S: apple slices with peanut butter

L; (late lunch) 10 hot wings with celery and carrots, SF ranch dressing and diet coke.

D: ????? Haven't decided yet, since lunch was so late I might make a black bean soup (I think I have all the ingredients in the pantry).

It's 5:00 and this is normally the bad time of day for me, but with the late lunch, I'm not hungry.

Gator--I hear what you are saying about fiber! I laugh everytime I see the commercial with the woman eating all the time to get in all her fiber--it's about what you have to do!

BOB--send those snowbirds on home and get back to us!!!!! Glad today was a good OP day. We just had a fresh market open in Montgomery a couple of weeks ago. I stop by everytime I'm down there (once or twice a week). I LOVE it--they have the most beautiful produce ever--it makes me want to eat all the colors of veggies.

TV--it is gorgeous here! I feel like I'm coming out of my winter funk--the wisteria is all over the place and just magnificent!

Mishi--Welcome! That cauliflower recipe sounds great! I'm going to give it a try. Sounds like you are doing very well--soglad to have you on the board.

Country--woo hoo on getting back down there!!!! Sounds great to me!

Happy birthday to your birthday girls!!!!

Jackie--thinking about you today.

EVeryone else--can we do the same thing for tomorrow? Just concentrate on a good OP Friday? I KNOW we can!

Susan
Old 03-25-2004, 06:14 PM   #96  
Goddess

Happy birthday Yellow Rose and Beth!!!!! (thanks Gator!)

Susan
Old 03-25-2004, 08:07 PM   #97  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Quick check in while MICHAEL is wolfing down dinner and before I have to go BACK to the school and p/u LAUREN.

Took me all morning to go through papers, and papers and papers to find what was needed. Not sure if I got it all but they'll just have to accept what I sent. Had to fax 3 colleges papers - 14 to one, 12 to on3 and 3 to another - no one better ask me for any more damn papers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Went over to my parent's apt and saw the unit that caught fire - the lady is SO lucky those kids didn't die. Their bedroom door was closed and her room was farther than theirs to where the fire was. Her room, as well as the rest of the apt was black, it was unbelievable! The kids room, barely any soot-if the door would of been open, they'd of died or been close to death because the bathroom across the hall, black. The adjuster said it wasn't electrical, seems possibly a candle was left unattended. It started in the living room, I've never seen such a sight.

I didn't accomplish ANYTHING today besides doing these papers and I'm pooped and wanting to hit the hay but can't until after I get LAUREN.

BUT, I don't have to wake up early tomorrow - YIPEEEE!!!

Okay, I"m going to hit Walgreens before I go to get LAUREN, they have water on sale, and I've got coupons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toodles

Deb
Old 03-25-2004, 10:26 PM   #98  

Quick post before bed. Did well today.

B- three scrambled eggs with cheese, ww toast, coffee with cream
L- two low carb quesadillas with monterey jack cheese, diet rite soda
S- beef jerky
D- chicken sate, 1/3 cup brown rice, salad with ranch dressing, cheesecake with splenda cherry pie filling on top...yum! Decaf coffee with cream

Looks like everyone did great! How about a Fantastic Friday OP!?
Old 03-26-2004, 12:08 AM   #99  

Thumbs up

Evening all--

Happy Birthday Yellow Rose and Beth

Jack-k -- I hope everything went okay for you today. My thoughts are with you!!

Here is my menu for the day;

1 mug Decafe, 1/2 grapefruit before exercising

B-2 slices Turkey Bacon, 1/2 c Fiber One, 1/4 c FF carb countdown, Lite 85.

S- 3.7 oz apple

L- (Leftover) Swiss steak, 1/2 c FF Cottage Cheese, Salad w/ Walden Farms SF, FF Dressing, 1 SF Toffee.

S- 1 oz peanuts, 1 med. orange

D- 4 oz Chicken Breast, 1/2 c WW stuffing, 1 c Greenbeans, 12 grapes.

S- SF pudding w/ 2 T FF Cool Whip

Seemed to be hungry today, but got in some raking and walked the dogs 1.3 miles besides my regular exercise this morning. Also drank 96 oz water!!

Good Luck to you all tomorrow.
Old 03-26-2004, 10:24 AM   #100  

Good day to you all:

I probably won't be back on today or over the weekend. We will be picking up my niece to spend the night, and Britt's party is tomorrow. I worked on her Cinderella cake last night. I'm not real happy with the way she turned out; she is my least favorite one I've done so far (she looks constipated). BUT, Britt seems o.k. with her, and that is all that matters. I am going to try to be good tomorrow. I'll have a slice or two of pizza, but I won't have any cake; that's not much of a temptation for me; I only licked my fingers a few times while decorating. So, everyone have a FABULOUS ON PLAN WEEKEND!!!

Quick question: Anyone try the new low-carb wraps at Arby's??? I guess it is any of their Market Fresh Sandwiches on a Low-carb tortilla. I haven't tried it yet, but may today.

Country: Congrats on dropping that 3.5#'s; you may be entering new territory before you know it.

vmoore: That is a lot of fruit, but I can think of a lot of worse choices you could have made. If you are going to overdo it, fruit's not a bad choice.

Deb: So sad that a mom would leave her babies sleeping like that while she left. My conscious would never let me do it; I don't even leave the house to check the mail if my kids are inside the house. I think it probably happens so much more than we will ever know. The only reason this woman was discovered is because of the unfortunate fire. Thank God those kids survived.

So far today:

BF: a bowl of Oatio's w/ a little Uncle Sam, blueberries & skim milk.
Snack: Will be grapes
Lunch: Will be a wrap from Schlotzsky's or Boston Market
The rest of the day is unknown. I might make some leftover lasagne for dinner, but we will see.

Well, I better go make the bed in the guest room, and get some stuff done around here. I still have to do my Ab Scissor too.

Take care!
Nat
Old 03-26-2004, 10:27 AM   #101  

Good Friday morning,
It's supposed to be up in the 60's today!! And the frogs were out croaking up a storm yesterday, spring may finally be here....
Pretty OP yesterday, changed from the chicken I *thought* I had to steak that DH grilled, with spinach, and a spoonful of rice pilaf.

Today:
b- egg, bacon, cheese on WW toast(one slice) and 4 strawberries.
lunch - I'm hoping for homemade turkey soup(if they ever get it started), but I have an orange and can always run out for a yogurt if I have to.
dinner - not sure yet, I want to go to the movies tonight and sometimes substitute popcorn for dinner, definitely not legal, but I have a problem giving it up completely, and I don't eat a whole bag, usually take some home for DS's.

I'm doing OK with water/fluids. And I have an appointment this afternoon to donate platelets.

Went to the GYN dr yesterday and she was VERY pleased with my weight loss and pronounced me looking fit I was very happy! I'd like to go off the pill, but I'm not sure about tubal ligation. I've had my kids and don't plan on any more.

Have a great day everyone!
Barbara
270/216.5/135
Old 03-26-2004, 11:01 AM   #102  

Question

First of all I want to say Thank you to everyone for posting such positive comments to my message. It is nice to hear that I am probably gettin discouraged for no reason. I am weighing myself WAY to much! I probably weigh every other day. I know I am not drinking as much water as I sould be - I drink a 16oz glass about 3 times a day. TV suggested I post a sample menu so you guys could see if I was doing anything wrong:

oatmeal with Splenda and cinnamon
coffee with liquid non dairy creamer

16 oz water

Sorta Lasagna: WW noodles, ricotta cheese, low fat cottage cheese, canned tomatoes, and mozzerella cheese
Diet Coke with Lime

16oz water

5 WW crackers with natural, no sugar added, peanut butter

Pork chop with italian spices
black beans
brown rice
16oz water

Well, let me know how I'm doing. I haven't gained anymore weight, but I haven't lost any either! My TOM will not come to visit for another 2 weeks.

ldblond: You and I have the same name, Lara, and were born in 1970 - Did your parents like the movie Dr. Zhivago too!

Thanks all.

Lara
Old 03-26-2004, 12:17 PM   #103  
Goddess

Morning all! I hope OP Friday is off to a good start for everyone!

So far today I've had:

1 green banana
1 slice WWSF bread with PB

Coffee.

I'm having lunch at Ruby Tuesday's so lunch will be salad, salad, SALAD!

Don't know about dinner yet.

My body is starting to feel that the junk is coming out of my system, so I'm feeling pretty good today!

I hope everyone is having a good day!!!!

Susan
Old 03-26-2004, 12:43 PM   #104  
Atkineer gone SugarBuster

Question Question

If I had Sweet Potato Oven Fries for part of my dinner would that count as one of my starch servings? or a vegtable serving?
Old 03-26-2004, 01:36 PM   #105  
Sonya

Default Menu for the day

Hi everyone,

I have been totally legal for 3 days . I am so proud of myself. I knew I could do it, it was just a matter of setting my mind to it.

My menu for the day so far is:

One pear
Breakfast: Oatmeal w/blueberries and 3 slices of turkey bacon
Lunch: Baked lemon pepper fish and okra and tomatoes with onion sauted together
snack- 4 triquits with 1/2 oz of cream cheese
Supper- I will have baked chicken, spinash, and carrots.

So far I have had 1/2 gallon of water and working on the second half gallon.

So far in the last 3 weeks I have lost 6 lbs the last lb this morning. It sure is nice to see the scale moving.

When I started SB in July of 2001 at 265 and by Dec 5 of 2001 I had lost 57 lbs and by the end of December I got pregnant and didn't even know it until Jan 20 of 2002. By Feb 5 of 2002 I had lost 64 lbs in less than and year. After I had the baby a girl now 19 months I fell off the wagon and begin to eat everything, so I have gained back all but a few lbs so here is what I am starting over with as of 3 weeks ago:

260lbs--5'5 and large boned
as of today 3/26/04 I have lost 6 lbs so now I am at 254 lbs.
My first goal weight is 190. And after that I am going for 160 that would be ideal for me for starters.
I don't know why I fell off the wagon but with your help and the good lords I am going to make it.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Oh by the way I was 39 when I got pregnant and 40 when I had her...lol
Closed Thread