Below your waist but above your butt 1 4.00%
Past your butt 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-01-2004, 06:11 AM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Default Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 3/1-3/7

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-TASTY THURSDAY (RECIPE DAY)
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...9544post529544

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Debelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 06:14 AM   #2  

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

I hope to get in some kind of post sometime later, but wanted to make sure I got our
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM, there's 2 of them to read today

YOUR MISSION

Discipline is the fuel of achievement. Creativity sparks the flame, passion fans the fire, and discipline keeps it going for as long as it takes.

Disciplining yourself can be tedious, annoying, inconvenient and even agonizing. And yet, the results brought about by self discipline cannot be reached in any other way. Discipline puts your most incredible dreams within reach. With self discipline, you can make the best of your possibilities come to life.

But how do you bring yourself to that level of discipline? You get there by knowing what you absolutely must do, and knowing that through self discipline you can make it happen. What do you know in your heart that you are truly meant to accomplish? When you experience life as a mission, the discipline you need will be there.

Discipline and focus, applied consistently over time, can take you to truly amazing places. Where is it that you are uniquely suited to go?

-- Ralph Marston

PERSISTENT ENOUGH

Expect the best, and if it does not come, expect the best again. Your positive expectations will indeed pay off, when they are persistent enough.

Learn from your mistakes, and if that leads to more mistakes, learn from those as well. You are sure to find what works, when you are persistent enough. Give all you have to the effort, and if it doesn't bring the results you want, give all you have again. The achievement you seek is going to happen, when you are persistent enough.

Meaningful persistence is not a sometime thing, on one day and off the next. The persistence that gets you where you want is the persistence that continues until the goal is reached. No one can say before you begin just what the measure of that persistence must be. Yet it's clear to see that what truly works is when persistence persists as long as it takes.

What you seek is yours when what you contribute is the will to keep going. Reach for your dreams and see them come true by being persistent enough.

-- Ralph Marston

Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/1??/129
SB since 3/22/00
Old 03-01-2004, 08:10 AM   #3  

Good morning everyone. I wanted to try and post before I got in the truck and wandered off to see how things are doing in the "field". I've still got that stomach bug thing, my Mom thinks I may have inadvertently irritated the bowel somehow and has me reduced to toast, yogurt, and clear liquids. I will try and make a dr appt in a little while and see if there's something else going on there too. As a consequence, I have not been eating OP(except for this morning) and exercise has been little. I hope to get back in the gym this afternoon. It's also supposed to get up to 55 degrees here today(another reason to get out this morning). I got on the scale this morning and it's down quite a bit, but what a lousy way to drop the pounds
On a brighter note, I took the kids to an orientation at their college yesterday. When you close to the college, they seem to schedule more of these things to make the transition easier in the fall. They seemed to enjoy themselves, and the parents got some good information in our session too. Parents are funny, it's interesting what they worry about, maybe some of them don't remember college, or have never been. We have another day scheduled for more orientation at the end of March. I'm also hoping that we hear something about a merit scholarship for at least one DS, it would make life so much easier...
I really enjoyed the MM's. Persistence definitely pays off! And I'm hoping those size 16 pants are coming up soon!
Have a great day everyone!

Barbara
270/216(as of this morning)/135
woodfrogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 08:53 AM   #4  

Good Monday Morning Everyone

Yes, tis I. Not totally back from the dead, but at least an attempt to push through the dirt and muck.

It's been so hectic with me that I don't even know where to begin. As many of you saw, my house is a mess and that reflects on the rest of me. Horryifing pictures, weren't they. Have you closed your mouths yet? Don't think anyone would want to take me up on my offer to come for a visit at this point.

So, let's see - I was able to get out of my storage unit by the deadline I had yesterday. I have to thank the managers of the place for allowing me 10 days to do this job in without charging me extra. Going from a 10x15 to a 10x10 with still keeping my 5x10 was an overwhelming task. When I had moved in there wasn't much of any organization and through the years I just piled stuff in there, so when you opened the door up you couldn't step in, much less find anything. It took me the full 10 days with 7 of them being there from the time I dropped off the kids at school til they close at 9pm, many days only leaving to get the kids if I had to or running home to the urination station - I worked my butt off like I've never done before. Surprisingly I have more room in the smaller unit now since I got organized and even the other unit still has room for stuff. I still have some things to organize, but that will only take me a day or two to do which I'm confident I can get done this week.

But of course, I still have stuff that I had to bring home. I haven't put anything on Ebay this week except a couple items that hadn't sold previously, so I needed to try to get rid of some of the bulkier items in storage. I also brought home items that I decided I didn't think worthy to sell on Ebay that I brought home to sell at the next garage sale which I plan to do in April. As many of you saw in the pictures, the dining room is ghastley, and I need to go through this stuff and put it away or outside for the garage sale, or get it listed on Ebay and find a temp. spot til it (hopefully sells).

We went up to see my Grandfather yesterday-long trip that I sure didn't like taking, took 2 hours to get there and I was so tired, and there wasn't a Starbucks in sight. My GF broke his neck ( some bones in it) a few weeks ago and he looks so frail. We saw his new house (though it's 20 years old, new for him) and he still has so much stuff to unpack and so much junk around. He'll never get it all done and he wants to do it all himself. We went out for lunch to a Chinese buffet, a double whammy as I don't like Chinese food and I don't like buffets, but since he wanted to go and he likes it, that took presidence over everything - to see him eat well is most important to me. I have to say, it wasn't that bad, though I was.

ELI left for Seattle early yesterday morning and won't be back til Thursday night. Poor guy is exhausted, I don't know how he stands up! Someone smashed his back window on Friday morning before 4am-no clue why. They threw a concrete block that's something you'd see on the top of a pillar. That threw him back $500 for his deductible. They came to fix it on Friday, they brought the front window, said they'd come back Sat., then told him they needed to order it, so supposedly they are suppose to come to the house today - so here is wehre I am for most of the day waiting for them, at least until I have to go to the PO and then get the kids.

We went with my sister and BIL to see JOHN PINETTE at the comedy club on Saturday night - the comic before him as well as he were fantastic. My makeup was long gone before the end of the night I was laughing and crying at the same time - we all needed it!

Kids are well, nothing really new on this end. MICHAEL is still waiting for colleges to respond and practically wants to attack the mail and mail box when he gets home from school. Nothing yet - only has been UF that accepted him, the one he refuses to go to. a rep. for FL from DUKE sent him an odd note though which makes it sound like he was accepted but no acceptance letter has arrived - it's like a teaser letter in my mind, it says:

Michael - WOW! You seem to have a magic touch as you're good at all you do-academics, writing, filmmaking, music. I'm hopefuly you'll bring these talents to Duke. We'd be fortunate to have you on campus!

What does that sound like to you all?

Okay, eating has been REALLY bad and I have finally seen the look of disgust come my way from family and friends. Just don't deal with all the crap that's been going on well. Instead of drinking or smoking I deal with my stress by doing drugs - sugar is my drug of choice. I need to get a hold of myself and try to get back on track - my weight has skyrocketed to a point nothing fits me at all, and those of you who know me know that I don't exaggerate and I tell it like it is, so you know this is true. I have always known that my weight is a never ending no-win battle and is something I will deal with the rest of my life and this is just another one of those times I have to find that little light in my head that's just about gone out and bring it's brightness back to life. It will come, that I am confident of.

Not much else to tell you guys. My house is a wreck and I am off to try and clean a room or two up, depending on the time given. I haven't read a bit of the board so I haven't a clue what's new, who's new and what's been happening, so please forgive me. I'm not going to be able to be back 100% but I will try my best to get on at least once a day and try to get in some type of post. It may not be one that's to each of you individually, but at least something to keep me more connected to the board than I have been lately.

WOOD, hope you feel better. Wouldn't push yourself to go to the gym unless you REALLY feel up to it - sounds like you need to take it easy today. Where are the kids going to college?

Thought you'd gotten rid of me, didn't you

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
Old 03-01-2004, 10:50 AM   #5  

Good Monday morning:

Seems like everytime I get a few good weeks in at the gym, and start feeling like I want to work out everyday, something happens! Lane is sick again. She woke up with a snotty nose yesterday and has a nasty cold now. I had to put the vaporizer in her room, so she could breathe last night and she still had a tough night. She woke up with snot dried up all over her face; that is such a fun thing to clean up too. Britt is off school Thursday, and I have to go with her to her Rodeo Day on Friday. So, I won't make it to the gym today or tomorrow. Wednesday a.m. is my only real day to go this week, other than Saturday....and I am bummed about it. Then, once I miss a week, I feel so weak and have to start with a lower weight amount. Anyway, that is what happens when you have kids, and I'd take the kids anyday over a workout. I just need the workouts to relieve the stress from having the kids . What a vicious cycle. If Delaney doesn't fall asleep in the truck, on the way home from taking Britt to school, then I will put her down for a nap when we get home. I hope to then pull out that Pilates tape and get acquainted with that, so I'll know how to do it in the future when I can't get to the gym. Alright, enough of my complaining.

The weekend was good; I got a lot accomplished. I went to the gym on Saturday morning, then to Wal-mart, Target, Trader Joes, Lo-Carb Mall, to get a massage at the massage school here. I've never had a "guy" massage me before, and it felt kinda akward. It takes on a new meaning when you tell a guy that he can go "deeper." Anyway, once he got over the fact that I wasn't a porcelain doll that he could break, it felt pretty good.

I skimmed the posts over the weekend, but didn't make notes, but I do remember one person I want to respond to:

heartmom: Sorry that Boogie got pneumonia; that is scary for a parent with a totally healthy child; it must be really tough to see little Boogie get sick. Glad you demanded that x-ray. I hope he feels better soon! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! to Boogie for being taken off that medication, and for not having to have that procedure done at this time. That is wonderful. I'm sure being off the meds will make him stronger, and not having to worry about another procedure will make everyone feel better. Congratulations on your new low; that is fantastic. You have messed up a lot....but you have also NOT messed up a lot; you have lost a lot of weight and you s/b proud of your efforts. You at least know when to saddle up and get back on!

Deb: Wow, thanks for the pictures; quite the opposite of the last pictures you sent out! What a lot of work you've been doing; sounds like a job I'd never want to take on, and probably never get done. You did a great job meeting your deadline. Good luck selling your stuff on E-bay. So sorry to hear about your GF; bones get so brittle as we age. It is too bad he won't accept some help getting things unpacked and in order! Most people get stubborn as they age too! Who is Stacy? Is that who Michael interviewed with? Maybe she can't make any final decisions, and she is just letting Michael know that she is "on his side," and offering the positive feedback to those who make the final decisions. It sounds as if she is impressed with him, and would like to see him attend there. You've done too much hard work to lose control now. Get back on track before you lose all motivation and it gets totally out of control. You've been such a great source of motivation for everyone else; what can we do to help get you back on track, so you can be healthy and live a long life????

Wood: You better get in to see a doctor!! Your symptoms have been hanging on for too long.

Well, I better go check on laundry and get some other stuff done around here.

I hope everyone else is doing well!

Take care,
Nat

Last edited by Pancho; 03-01-2004 at 11:02 AM.
Pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 11:35 AM   #6  

My MM:

We all need to feel appreciated. So tell someone you love how much you treasure him or her today! A smile, a compliment, one kind sentence—those little things can make a person's day.

Deb, it's great to have you back on the board. We love you! Glad you're able to find your way out of the jungle you were in.

I had a bittersweet weekend. The Women of Faith Conference (we were a group of 11 from here) was wonderful with great speakers that touched my heart in sooooo many areas. One speaker especially, Nichole Johnson does drama skits & she did one on a mother with Alzhemier's disease which really hit home. My mother has been declining more & more lately to the point that some days she does not seem to know some of us & is becoming more the child than the mother & we the children are becoming more the mother. Well I had a heart cleansing boohoo over that one for sure. Very emotional time.

The other part that was so overwhelming was that as Shelia Walsh was speaking Friday night & telling about a point in her life that she almost committeed suicuid, my phone went off & it was my DD from TX who was crying telling me that she had just recievedd a phone call from her DS's father (they never married, but have remained fiends & in touch) who's been going through a difficult time. His wife is divorcing him, he hasn't worked in 2 months & his father whom he's been staying with the last year is not happy with him being there. Well he tells her that he has gone out & bought a gun & intends to use it on himself. This not only upset my DD & their 16 y.o. son, but it blew me away as well. Neither of us can get to him because of our distance. I suggested that she call my oldest DD in the same town & that was the thing to do. Long story short.... Oldest DD prayed about it with another friend then they headed out to find him. Whatever she told him did the job. Thank God she was able to reach him. It was a long night, but Saturday brought a better day for everyone concerned & he has promised us not to use the gun. Was angry at first that dd called in the troups, but last night even said that he realizes that we love him & want the best for him. He even went to church yesterday!

My eating because of all that was going on was not good. My weight Fri before I left was finally coming down, but it's up today for sure. I will be heading to the spa later to get my exercise in.

Later!
Melf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 11:35 AM   #7  

Good Morning Ladies!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Monday! Hope everyone had a great weekend. i had a pretty good one. Eating has been excellent for a few weeks now. Except yesterday I had way to many carbs. All good carbs...but way too many! So I will work out extra hard today. i am loving curves...I would recomend it to everyone. I signed a year contract so I am fully committed....which i love!
I found out a friend of mine started SB last week and she loves it. I love talking about it with people and I love when people ask me questions!
Anyway, i have to get ready for the gym...have a good day everyone....

PANCHO - Sorry Lane is sick..hope she gets better soon! I was cracking up about you telling the massage guy to go "deeper". I bet it does have a whole new meaning!

DEB- Deb, Deb, Deb....hello stranger...although i shouldnt say that! I saw this morning that you called yesterday! I was bearly home all weekend. My mom took Dominic on saturday and I was running around all day...then I was at my in-laws all day yesterday! Thanks for all the pics...evern of the party...but where were you in those pics???

Everyone else...I havent looked at posts since mid week last week...so hello to all! And thanks for all the party goers for all your updates and Pictures! They were great!

Chris
chrisd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 11:59 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good morning!

Let me just say, it's hard to eat well when you don't feel good. Hopefully I'll pull the energy from some where to walk walk walk in a bit. Might have to skip the weights.

Deb..it's so good to see you! Hang in there with all the stress that is driving you to eat. I know it's hard but you need to put Deb back on the front burner. Praying for you as push through.

Nat...Since you can't go to the gym maybe you can do some ab work and little things around the house. Pop in some music you like....grab a couple veggie cans or something a little heavier and do some curls and other arm exercises.

Mary, I am very sorry to hear about your moma. You and your family are in my prayers.

ChrisD...woo hoo on the curves! That is great you've found something you like and can stick with. In two months I'll have reached my 3 year of walking. I've had a few weeks here and there in the winter months where I've slacked but over all...yeah..LOL I can't wait to hear about all your changes as the year progresses.

Barbara..sure hope you feel better soon.

Jack-K...thinking of you today as you have your surgery.

Heartmom....so glad your little guy is doing better.

Beth...you are doing GREAT staying OP. I bet you have a super WIW.

Jack-O...howdy!

Monet....how are you doing? It's been a while and I wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you.

Kimmy...if you happend to read the board thinking of you also.

Serene, Tranquil, Trish, Fruit, Bob, Toni, TV Granny,Jenn, Yellow, Sef...and every body...((((hugzz)))

Since we had a poll on hair I thought I'd share a picture. *smile* Notice the pretty African Violet dye job..LOL My daughter colors it for me and does a great job. My hair is so dark I'm limited on colors that will take.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
235/157/140
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hair.jpg (12.3 KB, 42 views)
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 01:24 PM   #9  

Taking a few minutes to catch up with the board before I get in the shower and get ready to hit the PO and get the kids.

Two things from DUKE came in the mail for MICHAEL today, dying to rip those envelopes, but will wait, of course. One thing from Cornell but I think they just want MORE information as it's from the financial aid office

Only got some of the kitchen done today, have been packaging items from Ebay that I need to get out, which has taken up a lot of my morning. The guy came and fixed ELI'S rear window, so that's out of the way - with phone calls interrupting my morning as well, it's sorta flown and I wonder where it went!

PANCHO, sorry to hear LANE is sick, I know my DS could commiserate with you, she has 2 that had to stay home from school today and possibly another one getting sick too. MICHAEL didn't have an interview with DUKE but this Stacy is the representative for kids who've applied from Florida - I guess she gets to see who's applied and pulls for those she thinks is good for the school and the school is good for. MICHAEL'S CAP advisor said she's not seen but a couple people ever get a card like that and it's basically saying that they're giving him a heads up that he's accepted before they send out the official acceptance letters. Again, I don't count on ANYTHING until I see REAL PROOF!!!!! Maybe what he got today will be something of that nature
I'll get back and then work it off again - I don't think I will ever keep all my weight that I lose off, I seem to ALWAYS gain it back, but not all of it - it's the nature of the beast with me, it seems. Without the board I wouldn't of lost what I did in the first place - I'll do it again, I'm sure of that - it's just a struggle right now. These financial forms, among other stuff is really doing a number on me!!!

MELF, glad to hear your weekend was good and enlightening. Thank goodness DD talked some sense in to that man - and they say WOMEN over react and go to extremes! Men don't know how to deal with stressful situations outside work I think, and this seems to be such an issue - I really hope he finds that suicide wouldn't of been a real answer and think of what could of been and not think of it again.

CHRIS, sorry I missed you too - you seem to always be running, like me I was taking the pics, so of course, I missed out being in them. That's okay, the way I feel and the way I feel I look, I'm glad it was like that.

COUNTRY, thanks! I know I'll get back on track - it's for sure, just not sure when Nice hair!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I'm outta here again!

Toodles

Deb
Old 03-01-2004, 01:38 PM   #10  

Hello to all,

This has been a hectic week with just getting home from my trip then having my daughter and her husband and the three dogs here since Wednesday. We had a great time and now that they have returned home, I have to pick up, clean up and wash clothes. I didn't even have time to wash after I returned from Louisana. My husband is going in for eye surgery tomorrow,so, I will remain very busy for awhile yet.

CountryMom: Lots of hugs for you too.

Mary: I am glad that the situation with your friend turned out okay for now. I hope that you are feeling better and not so sore from you exercising.

Sef: It was nice to hear from you.

Deb: It was so much fun to talk to you this weekend. It seems things are getting more in order for you and you sound like you have it going under control. I bet you will get the eating under control soon as well. The message to Michael from the school did sound like he would be getting an acceptance note. It is probably just delayed due to some paperwork. I hope you hear from them soon to ease your mind on this issue.

I just wanted to check in and say hi but I's best get busy with the housework.
YellowRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 06:00 PM   #11  

OK, I am exhausted! Went to the gym & walked 1 mile on TM, then did all the machines my personal trainer walked me though then rewarded myself with the sauna, steam room where they had just refreshed the menthol wow! did that ever open up the sinuses! Then I did the whirlpool. Now I'm ready for bed! LOL but I guess I'd better get some washing done so I'll be ready to get back to work tomorrow. Wish I could take a few months off work, but that's wishful thinking.

I've been back on track today.

Lyn, praying that all goes well with Ray's eye surgery tomorrow!
Melf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 06:10 PM   #12  
Goddess

Hello all! Just a quick note to let you know that I'm alive and well, though life is very hectic at the moment.

Lent has started so good eating has started again--well, better eating. I hope everyone has a good week!

Susan
Fillise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 06:53 PM   #13  

Good afternoon:

I did not even open my Pilates tapes today. Lane fell asleep on the way to school, and slept all the way home. I plan to go to the gym on Wed. a.m., and might go Thursday evening when DH gets home from work; we'll see how that works out.

Melf: Glad you had a good time at conference. My grandmother passed away 1 1/2 years ago (August 2002). She was suffering from Alzheimers when she passed away. My GF passed away in Feb. the same year. All she could remember before she died was my GF in the picture she kept near her bed. She couldn't remember anyone else. It is very sad to see that happen to someone! What timing on the call you got about DS's father. I am glad that all worked out positive. Sounds like a great day at the gym; I'm envious!

Chrisd: Good for you; I am so glad that you found something that works well for you. I know you debated joining Curves for awhile now. If you find something that you enjoy, you will do it more often, and will start to see results. Have fun with it.

Country: Hope you feel better soon. Wow, nice hair. I can't tell the color real well, but it definately looks nice, thick & smooth.

Deb: Can't wait to hear what the letters from Duke & Cornell say. I hope things calm down soon, so you can put yourself first, for a change.

Everyone else, have a great day!!!!

Gotta run!
Nat
Pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 08:31 PM   #14  

quick question completely off topic. How do you make such long posts? When I hit reply it cuts me off at a certain point. I don't see a continuation of any type.
What's up?
DonnaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 08:36 PM   #15  

Deb - They decided to go to Mount St Mary College in Newburgh, NY. It's a small private college, but we like the atmosphere. Why did they both decide on the same school? Not quite sure about that, but it's well regarded as a Teachers College, which suited one, and they have Computer Engineering, which suited the other. Hopefully they'll do well, if not, they can always transfer.

Barbara
woodfrogs is offline   Reply With Quote