Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: What's your favorite type of citrus fruit to eat or use?
Lemon 2 8.33%
Lime 3 12.50%
Orange 9 37.50%
Tangerine 3 12.50%
Tangelo 3 12.50%
Grapefruit 3 12.50%
Ugli Fruit 1 4.17%
Kumquat 0 0%
Other 0 0%
I don't / can't eat citrus 0 0%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 01:45 AM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Default Sugar Busters Weekly Supprort Board 2/16-2/22

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-TASTY THURSDAY (RECIPE DAY)
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...102#post520102

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Old 02-16-2004, 01:53 AM   #2  

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Will post my usual morning post sometime later, but wanted to make sure I got our
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM, there's 2 of them to read today-both very good

THE POWER OF PASSION

When your spirit is battered and your energy is depleted, and you feel like you can't go on, you can go on. In fact you can surpass all you've ever done before and reach a new level of accomplishment.It is amazing what you can do when you know you must. It is incredible what you can accomplish when it means everything to you.

But how could you ever be that passionate, and so totally committed that you would endure any difficulty in order to reach ever higher? That's a good question, and one that would be very much worth your time, your thought, your effort to answer.

Somewhere in you is something you sincerely care about enough that you would transcend any obstacle in order to give it life. Somewhere in you is a burning passion ready to be ignited.

You'll find clues in the things that make you happy, sad, angry, frustrated, joyful, serene, in the things that make you feel most alive. Pay heed to those stirrings, and listen to what they have to say.

The power of passion is somewhere in your life. Let yourself know it and live it.

-- Ralph Marston

LOOK AHEAD

Look ahead, toward where you're going, and you'll be better able to deal with where you are. Stay focused on the goal at the end of the road, and you'll find a way to move steadily down that road.

Keep looking ahead, and even the difficult steps will seem lighter. Keep your ultimate purpose in mind, and the burdens become that much more bearable.

Look ahead, and the challenges will make you stronger. Look ahead, and your dreams will pull you toward them.

When you're looking ahead, the distractions won't be nearly so distracting. Your efforts will gain the immense power of focus when you keep your eyes on where you're headed.

Your time, your energy, your resources will get used no matter where you're looking. When you look ahead, you'll get the highest return for that investment.

Look ahead, toward the place you most want to be. The more you look, the closer you'll be.

-- Ralph Marston

Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/1??/129
SB since 3/22/00
Old 02-16-2004, 01:56 AM   #3  

WE HAVE A BIRTHDAY TO CELEBRATE TODAY!

IT'S JACKK'S BIRTHDAY TODAY!!!!

Old 02-16-2004, 01:57 AM   #4  

A HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO GATOR! HER BIRTHDAY WAS YESTERDAY!!

Old 02-16-2004, 01:58 AM   #5  

I'ts 2am, I'm going to bed. Will try to do a quickie in the morning - I'm pooped!!!
Old 02-16-2004, 09:17 AM   #6  
Goddess

Thumbs down Good Monday Morning!

A quick pop in to send happy birthday wishes to Gator (yesterday) and Jackie (today)! Each day, week, year we have is precious. Celebrate with gusto!

My absolutly, positively, got to get it done today list is long, so I won't tarry long here. I hope everyone has a good OP day and that some of us (a-hem, we know who we are) can wrestle the food demons and get back on track.

One day at a time!

Susan
Old 02-16-2004, 09:33 AM   #7  

Goodmorning!! Im headed out the door but wanted to say i love the motivations this week. I realise i will have my moments or days but right now im passionate about this WOL. And im looking ahead to a size 16 lee jeans. ( 16 in lee is a 14 in everything else..lol)

Happy birthday Gator and Jack!!!!

Gotta go, will post more later. Have a great SB day!!
Old 02-16-2004, 09:34 AM   #8  

Holiday Monday, and I am at work - nothing on schedule, some work to do, more like catch up work - took me 5 different outfits before I could get in the car to leave...finally at work, boss is home sick with sick wife who has the virus that has been going around - Have clothes I bought that when I took them home, tried them on again, they were too big - feels/sounds great, but ughhhh, now I have to hope the pants fit in the smaller size....I really really like these black stretch straight legged pants, flat front pants - very flattering!!!!!

I cried through the entire episode of S&C last night - I was so HAPPY!!!!! it seems to be ending the way I wanted it to....though it was very sad too....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I guess I better get to work....
Sabrina
Old 02-16-2004, 10:52 AM   #9  

Default Ups and downs with SB WOE

I decided to jump in here. I have been to many posts on this site and find it helpful. I did SB last yr for 3mos lost 30#s but had a bad fall & winter.(health issues as always) which is why I'm back. My motivational Monday started out well. I finally got up and exercised for the 1st time in mos. I'm in an excercise challenge on STP, I bombed out last wk so I very determined this wk. Your motivations were great. In fact I'm going back to read them again. I've been doing well staying on program or should I say legal. I must be eating too much or to fattening because progress has been really slow as far as the #'s go but I feel so good about my food choices(I'm diabetic so that's really impo)
Today I start wk 3 and I'm afraid to get on the scale It went down 5# then up 5# and down1# in the 1st 10 days and I haven't had the nerve to get back on. I told myself I must WI today. I'm afraid if I don't see a difference I might fall off program and go into a binge. But I can't, my sugar is dangerously high and meds aren't working. Gotta be and hope for the best. I'm hoping this WOE works as I do find it doable.

I don't know Jackk and Gator yet, but to you both and many many more!
Old 02-16-2004, 11:04 AM   #10  

Hi,

I am visiting my daughter and we stopped to shop within a few miles of leaving the airport. We shopped all afternoon, had a great lunch and then home to regroup and wait for DSIL to get home and visit with him about his day and have a wonderful dinner. It was all lots of fun.
I am so glad to have all the packing decisions made for here and the trip to New Orleans over with. Trish, I think you will pleasantly surprised at how little I brought. Making decisions about leaving "things" behind is the hard part. Now on to more fun today when we go into Houston to search for shoes for a wedding and see how much the Galleria shopping center has expanded and shop some more.

I want to wish Jack-K a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

Hi to all, I'd better get mysef dressed.
Old 02-16-2004, 11:32 AM   #11  

Good morning everyone!
For those of us with today odd, that makes it even better!
I have started the week off on a good level, went to the gym this morning and did my regular workout(was supposed to meet my Dad, but he begged off). Then stopped at a local dive shop to get info on becoming SCUBA certified. DH and I have snorkled and loved it, and think this is a logical next step. We're heading to the Caribbean in July and fugure we can do our open water dives down there.
The kids and I bowled yesterday, does that count as exercise? My arm is feeling it....

DonnaD - It sounds like you might be getting on the scale too much, are you weighing on 1x perweek? I used to weigh myself everyday, but I was driving myself crazy and went back to once and feel much better.

Tranquil - I'm hoping to watch S&TC tonight or tomorrow, it already sounds like a tear-jerker.

vmoore - I'm looking forward to size 16's too. My 18's are starting to feel loose, so I'm hoping soon. It will be so awesome to be back in Misses sizes again, I'm really looking forward to it.

Have a happy day everyone else!!

Barbara
270/219/135
Old 02-16-2004, 11:34 AM   #12  

Good morning everyone. Wasnt here much last week...very busy week. Im here to say hello now and to tell you guys I had a horrible eating weekend. I mean it could of been worse...but it wasnt good. So how many of us are happy about the outcome of Sex & the City last night. I was soooooo happy....cant wait for next week. I can wait because its the last show ever...but i cant wait to see how it ends.
Im thinking of joining curves....what are your inputs on that...if any????

TRANQUIL - I cried throughout the whole show too. I thought it was the best show all season! tomorrow on oprah the whole cast is going to be on.

JACKK- Im soooo happy that you are doing so well. Im glad you got all the cards and enjoyed the flowers. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

GATOR - Happy belated birthday!

Chris
Old 02-16-2004, 11:39 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy President's Day!

I was trying to get some thank you notes in the mail and realized there is no mail today. Bummer. Did my usual routine. The girls from the office are coming out for lunch so that will be a nice break. Other than that I guess I will spend my day with Dr Phil and Oprah

Thanks for all the birthday wishes. Not going to be very exciting this year.

Fillise, thankyou for the birthday wishes. It's going to be a calm one this year.

Gator, Hope you had a great birthday yesterday.

VMoore, I know about those Lee jeans. That's why I buy a different brand. Can't stnd buying that larger size.

Tranquil, Hey girl too big clothes is a good thing. Be excited. I cried all thru S&C last nite too. I'm going to really miss it when it's over.

Donna D, I don't think I got to welcome you yet. So welcome. This is grat place for support,help and friendship. These girls are the greatest. You know SB works so jump on in hre. Posting on this boards really helps you stay on program. Don't let that scale run or ruin your life. It's only numbers and they can fluctuate every day for any reason. My DS is doing this and she said the scale isn't moving much but she has gone from a 23 to a 18. Those inches will drop off. Good luck.

Yellow, enjoy yor visit with your DD. Sure wish I was packed for New Orleans. I am getting so jealous of you all. Hope you find those shoes, but I'm sure you will find many other goodies. Thanks for the bd wishes.

I'm sure I will check back later.

Jackie
Old 02-16-2004, 11:59 AM   #14  

Default Monday Morning

Here are my MM contributions:

We are better than we know. If we can be made to see it, perhaps for the rest of our lives, we will be unwilling to settle for less.
-- Anonymous

We are wonderful, capable human beings worthy of love and happiness. We all have a gift to give the world that can't be duplicated. No one else is exactly like us.

The problem is, we don't believe it. We are used to thinking about all our negative qualities and become expert at putting ourselves down. We have a hard time believing and accepting our own goodness and gifts.

When we have a negative attitude, only one person can change it - us. We have the power to choose to change our thinking - if we want to. It takes a courageous person to risk getting positive and hopeful.

Today let me believe I am better than I know.

You are reading from the book:Our Best Days by Sally Coleman & Nancy Hull-Mast

Of what value is perseverance?

When Thomas Edison invented the light bulb, hetried over 2,000 experiments before he got it to work. A young reporter asked him how it felt to fail so many times. He replied, "I never failed once. I
invented the light bulb. It just happened to be a 2,000-step process."

Also, I know that TV is just back and there are few others of us that have returned or have just begun SB in the past few weeks. Deb posted a "humdinger" of a MM a few weeks ago on the 1/26 boards COMMITTMENT and THE CHOICES YOU MAKE. I still have them on my fridge.

Have a wonderful Monday! For those lucky enough to have their kids home today, like me, have fun!
Old 02-16-2004, 12:01 PM   #15  
Little Engine That Could

Thank you all my SB friends for the Birthday wishes. You are all very sweet.
And have a wonderful day today Jackie. Happy Birthday, and get well soon. I'm so glad you are progressing so fast. And, ahem, are they perky?

Welcome, Donna. Just keep being faithful, day by day, and you will arrive at your goal. For some of us it is slower than others, but we all are just trying to put one foot in front of the other, metaphorically speaking.

I am still on this yukky WOE, and go back to the doctor on Friday. Hopefully he will clear me to eat all the veggies and roughage I like. I am basically on the anti-SB diet, with white rice, potatoes, white, pasta, and puddings. I am eating meat, but am not having my salads and veggies that I love. Just to eat a bowl of oatmeal is a dream of mine!! I have gained 4 pounds in the last week and a half, and am hoping that it will drop off fast when I get back to healthy eating. I'll keep ya posted.

I had a really nice B-day. Some friends from church took me out to lunch after church and we had a great time. My DH was playing in a father son golf tourney with our DS, so he was gone most of the day. Then some old friends that I had not seen in about 4 years happened to be in town and dropped in unexpectedly yesterday. That was so great. Then my DS, his GF, and my DD and DH and our friends all went out for dinner. It was so great. I was not expecting my DS to be with us at all. So, generally a good day. Some unexpected pleasures.

Have a great day everyone.
Closed Thread