Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Will post poll later-gotta think of something!
! 5 45.45%
@ 0 0%
# 0 0%
$ 6 54.55%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 08:33 AM   #61  

Good morning everyone,
WIW, I'm down a pound to 223 this morning, I was hoping for more, but I'll take whatever I can get! Ate fairly well yesterday, egg and cheese on WW, then lunch was shrimp in garlic, tomatoes, wht wine, and dinner was bacon and waffles(I think I ate too much bacon). I also didn't drink enough yesterday, mostly because I was at a different office and couldn't make my tea. Did work out Monday and Tues, that helps.
JackK - will keep you in my prayers, my Mom had breast cancer, but it's been 6 years.
Cherylco - thanks for the cat webiste, will forward it on to DH, since it's really his cat.
Have to go do some work now,
Take care,
Barbara
270/223/135
Old 01-14-2004, 08:33 AM   #62  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Morning Everyone

Beautiful day here today. I know you snowbirds will want to kill me when I say I'm waiting for it to warm up a tad outside to go for my walk - you'd kill for it as it is right now, I know - high of 74 here today

Not much on my agenda today. Going to get in my walk, of course and then try to work on putting together some Ebay listings so I can get them posted on Friday night. I'm hoping more of the things I have up for auction get bids - I have 44 items right now with only 17 with bids I'm hoping to get 25-30 items up there this weekend. I'm not only working to get the money from these items, but as I start to ship them out, getting them out of the house and seeing more "space" here and there makes me want to get more up for auction! I have 4 pairs of boys sneakers, brand new that need to get up there - will really make a dent in the pile of stuff in the 4th bedroom!

SILVER KNIGHT AWARD NOMINEES have been posted on their website, though not in the newspaper yet. MICHAEL'S name is up there, thankfully. You all have NO clue what transpired over the holidays before school go out for the winter break in regards to this and was one of the many reasons I wasn't able to get to the boards as I usually do. To give you a brief low down...MICHAEL was nominated for NEW MEDIA for the work he did in his film La Casa del Presio (The House of the Prisoners), not sure about my spelling on that, but looks good. Anyhow, the girl that did this with him, she also made an application for SK under another category and didn't get nominated. We had trouble with her last year when MICHAEL got more recognition than she did, she's a very jealous and vindictive girl to say it mildly. Anyhow, she goes to the principal and says that "someone" put MICHAEL'S SK application in her car annonimously and that he was claiming this was his project, blah, blah, blah. She said he was claiming that he was the only one involved in the project. Not so, since her name is on the credits, not so because he mentions her BY NAME on his application - and on her's he's mentioned as "A STUDENT." These applications are to ONLY be seen by the committee.

So, my son, who's never given anyone an ounce of trouble (unlike her that just had 3 days of CSI / suspension) gets hauled in to the principals office and she starts accusing him of this and that and he's floored, not knowing where this is coming from and why because none of this is true. Well, I'm a REALLY nice person till you try and fck with either of my kids! So I went to the principal, discussed this with her, but after leaving, had more things come to mind and wrote her a letter that I had MICHAEL take to her on the Monday before school was letting out.

Once again, thank you for meeting me on such short notice Friday regarding Michael and the problem that has taken place in regards to Romy and the Silver Knight Award nomination and his application being stolen.

After leaving your office many things were bothering me that I'd like to address before the committee meets on Monday. You mentioned that when the committee meets that they will make a decision whether to keep Michael's nomination or reject it and it will have to be a unanimous decision, if I remember correctly.

After I thought about this I realized that if Romina's account of how she obtained Michael's application for Silver Knight is true, there's a possible deception of at least one of the people on that comittee who undoubtedly is biased and truly has no scrupples, could it be possible to have a favorable outcome? I would think this person will not be voting in Michael's favor and may try to sway other votes as well. This is truly bothering me the more I think about it. There is possibly someone on this committee who is not only a thief, but someone who also took my son's application and gave it to another student. They surely should NOT be on that committee, much less voting for anything to do with my son. Also, in speaking with Michael, I have found that his social security number is on that paper, which no one should have in their possession without his or my permission. My son's rights and personal information have been violated.

I'd like to know, where were these applications being stored? Who had access to them after the committee met? Who's care are they in? Do the committee members see these applications individually, at school or able to take them home, or only as a group? Could it be possible for Romina to have gotten them herself without outside help and then claim Michael's application was left in her unlocked car without her knowing who it was that put it there? In knowing that Romina had unauthorized access earlier in the year to teachers mailboxes to put in an unauthorized paper, could she of obtained this paper on her own? If she did so, she is not only a thief and liar, but has brought up questionable doubts of those on that committee. If not, then who, on that committee cares so much about Romy to do that for her, possibly jeapordize their job and pray tell, how did that person even know which car was hers to put his application in, just where she parks it, not to mention they just knew it would be unlocked? What became of the copy of Michael's application that Romy had in her possession? If she's fabricated that someone left this application for her, and it wasn't one of the people on the committee, could another student have gotten access to his application, and if so, how? What other papers has Romy seen, not only of Michael's but other students? Michael is concerned with that issue as well - are his transcripts at risk of being tampered with? Is his social security number out there, possibly being used in a way he doesn't know as of yet, or having it being used to access information that shouldn't be accessed? Having someone's social security number could be VERY damaging if in the wrong hands. What are the rules and regulations of the Silver Knight Awards if someone's nomination is stripped-is there a board of review for appeals? If Michael is stripped of his nomination does he have a way to address the committee, the one at school and/or the actual Silver Knight Awards committe? I have many unanswered questions.

Once again, as I mentioned to you in your office, I'd like to be notified, on Monday once a decision has been reached by the committee. Either way, I need to know so I know how to proceed in this matter. I don't believe Michael's nomination should be stripped from him, he deserves this nomination for all the work he's done, not only on La Casa del Preso, but for all the video work he's done for school, including the work he did for Mrs. ________and Mrs. ______for Adobe last year. As we discussed, his application under the New Media category is for the work he's done in video - the filming, the editing, etc. - there is no question that he did this work. All those who know Michael will attest to this and will stand behind him if need be. I have parents calling me after hearing the news of Michael's nomination to congratulate me, but when I tell them what's taking place, they are appauled to hear what's transpired.

If his nomination is stripped from him it will be a travisty of justice. It will be my obligation to Michael to make sure this matter is looked in to through all other measures. and avenues.

Thank you again for your assistance in this matter. I am hoping to hear from you today. Please know that I will be picking Michael up from school and if you would like to meet with me to discuss anything I would be happy to come in and see you at your convenience.

So, on Monday, I hear nothing. On Tuesday, I hear nothing. MICHAEL calls me after school when he got out on Wednesday, I believe it was, and tells me the committee voted unanimously to keep his nomination as it was, that he did NOTHING wrong and he was to change NOTHING at all on his application.

So, I am still waiting to hear from the principal what is going to take place and how she is going to handle this situation with this girl. So far, since they've been back at school, I haven't heard anything and if this woman thinks I'm just going to sit back and let this issue die, she better think again! I'm going to write her an e-mail and demand some update - this is a new principal and NO ONE likes her, not even the teachers! She even told the teacher who gave MICHAEL the nomination that she was not to discuss this with anyone - the entire school knows about this and was in full support of MICHAEL. One of MICHAEL'S other teachers mentioned to the principal about it and the principal goes to this teacher and starts accusing her of saying something to the other one, and Mrs. O didn't know what the heck she was talking about and telling her she didn't say anything - found this out when I went to see her. Well, I was the one who told this other teacher when I saw her at a concert LAUREN was working in the auditorium - when I went to see the principal, and knowing this had transpired, with her making accusations to Mrs. O, I didn't tell her that I knew this happened, but when I went to the office I said, I saw Mrs. H last night and even she asked me what was wrong with MICHAEL - and you should of seen the principals face just drop! Like, OMG, what the fkl did I do! But, to this day, she has yet to apologize to Mrs. O and she probably never will.

So, there was one of the things I was faced with and still, it's not over, not until this fat lady sings, that's for sure!!!!

Wanted to p/u where I left off last night before I get too far behind once again and never catch up...

TALITHA, I'm so sorry to hear the extent of you being sick - girl, you need some good old fashion chicken soup to make you feel better - Jewish penicillin! I do get the SpecialK pop up once in a while, but it shouldn't happen all that often. Do you have something like Pop-Up Killer? It helps. Unfortunately, those pop up ads help pay for the sight so we don't have to, but I think they are annoying too.

JACKIE, reading that you are 12 pounds from goal had me reminiscing! Hopefully it will become reality once more. I'm hoping JACKK can come next month as well - if you can suggest some other airports besides NO that she can fly in to maybe that would help. Where you going on vacation?????? Have a good time wherever you go!

HEART, I never heard any of those movies you mentioned. Geez, I really must be out of the loop here! I'm not a rice lover either and it's easy for me to snub my nose at it. Outlook Express - I think we have it but I don't know what the heck it is!

TRISH, oye, JORDAN may have to go over there? I hope over there gets changed to somewhere else for you. Will this be his first birthday you won't be with him? You'll have to give me some pointers of "letting go" as it comes time for MICHAEL to leave for college - it's not going to be easy.

JACKK, did you get to try the yoga? My yoga teacher hasn't been teaching, she's been sick and has now found out she's had more injuries than she realized from the car accident she had a few months ago. Hoping she starts again soon, though I have liked the vacation from having to go I have to admit.

KEN, sounds like you were definitely a busy one while your family was in town, but sounds like you did way too much work too. Hope you feel better!

GATOR, have to give a review of that French movie - maybe they have it at the library if it's good. Many of the French movies we've gotten lately have been terrible!

FRUIT, need an idea what the weather may be like there next month!!!!!

JENN, thanks for the link to that article, will have to read it later today, or tomorrow, or next week

TEENSY, enjoy the day with your DM. What movies are you going to watch? Hope you have that slumber party - when my DM sleeps here we have a blast - well, actually, it usually turns in to an ice cream party!!!

BOB, do you want those northerners to come down here and lynch us for saying it's cold? They'd be dying for this type of weather. Will be hitting AAA for a map soon, maybe next week if I have time.

CHRIS, was able to watch bits and pieces of TSL last night - going to watch the finale. You'd think they'd have the last episode first and then the reunion. Was neat that they bought them that new car! Poor DH, guess you'll just have to eat that cheesecake all by your lonesome

SUZY, getting organized is what I'm trying to do here too - I'm behind you all the way. Now, painting and other household projects, that I'm not too keen on, probably because I'm not good at stuff like that anyhow. Since I haven't really been on the board much, nor able to read, wasn't aware that MONET hadn't been around- how many days has it been??? Will have to put out an APB for her I guess.

Okay, I'm going to put on my sneaks and hit the pavement. If I missed anyone, it's not intentional.

Will try to check in later!!!

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
Old 01-14-2004, 09:34 AM   #63  

Good Morning fellow peeps in SugarBusters land.....Things are not too hectic this morning, which is nice. Got in my workout this morning and plan to continue on plan at least until tommorrow when I go on vacation. Actually, it's just a weekend trip so I won't do too much damage. I am going to Virginia and D.C. to see a friend and we just plan on visiting and seeing some museums (and shopping!). She is being really accomodating to my SB lifestyle and it helps that she is a nutritionist. I will miss chatting with all of you, but will be back on Monday. I hope everyone is well. On to some replies........

Deb- I am steaming mad just reading your letter,(which was very professional and direct I might add). I KNOW you will persist until you get the answer that you deserve. People are really sad when it comes to jealousy. It sounds like this girl has some serious emotional problems. The weather here in N.O. is kinda bi-polar. Big shifts in weather...hot one day, cool the next. It ranges from 40 to 80 degrees. I am getting very excited about the trip to Fruit's. I am going to try and take off of work that Monday, so I can stay longer. Hopefully, I will be able to do so. As long as my co-worker can run the sessions in my absence, it should not be a problem. Actually, I wish the entire clinic would close as we are close to the parade route, so the traffic is real cute. Wishful thinking.....

JackK- Continued prayers for you. I PM'd you.

Fruit- yes girl, I am the popcorn(crack)Ho that you called me. Would sell my soul for some Orville Redenbacher.....

woodfrogs- congrats on the loss, and keep up the good work!!!

Suzy- Good luck in school. What are you studying???

ChrisD- Girl, you can do it (working out)!!!! About the caffeine thing...there is NO WAY I am giving it up. Maybe I am just an addict, but I have never noticed it affecting my weight. I need to Keep it real...I wasn't 100 pounds overweight because I drank coffee...just my opinion.

Bob- I am so sorry to hear about your puppy story. Continued prayers and good thoughts for you!!

Pancho- Happy early birthday if I don't get a chance to tell you later. Hope you have a year full of health and happiness.

Well, that's about all for now. I am the world's slowest typer. Have a good day.
Old 01-14-2004, 09:59 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 285/210/130

Height: 5'1

Jack-K
Anything medical sucks! Try not to stress out too much until you get the full story.

Heartmom
Did you uninstall AOL from your computer?
It sounds like you have to set Outlook Express to be your Default Mail client.
What you need to do is open Outlook, on the top menu, click on Tools then options
Make sure your in the "General" options file
You should see a thing at the bottom that says "This Application is not the default mail handler"
Click the button that says "Make this the default mail handler"
Click the Apply or the Ok button
Open your Internet Explorer browser
Go up to the top and click on "Tools, Internet Options"
Click on the "Programs Tab"
Make sure the e-mail is set to Outlook Express
Click the Ok button if you change anything

To get rid of the to many windows problem:

Click on the "Advanced" Tab
Make sure "Close all unused folders in History and favorite" has a check mark in the box.
And "Reuse windows for launching Shortcuts"
has a checkmark in the box.
Make sure "Empty temporary Internet files folder" is checked also

Let me know if that works!

Chrisd
I have switched to half regular half decaf in the mornings and decaf at night.
I love coffee and will drink it all day so I need to cut down!

Suzy
I have been getting rid of all kids of crap too. I have bags of stuff to drop off at carious charitis or the thrift store for $$
Bathrooms take forever to paint because rhere is so much cutting in to do. Not a lot of wall to roll unless you have a huge bathroom.

Deb
Way to go with that whole mess at Micheals school! Great letter.
What a horrible girl!

Still at 210 today.
Old 01-14-2004, 10:34 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Wed morning.

Wen to PT this morning. Didn't really do anything again. I had to be tested on all the machines. Hopefully next time I will actually get to do something. I did use the treadmill for 10 minutes. I didn't think I would like it, but it was not bad. I also had to lay a a slant board for 3 minutes upside down on my head. I heard gravity separates your discs. The pressur I felt in my face was horrible. I didn't know if I could stay like that for 3 minutes, but I did.

Did get my walk in last night 2 miles. Tried the Yoga, but didn't like it. I like to feel like I did something.

Rosalie, how was the line dancing? Did you fall right back into step? Do you make your own tomato soup? It is my favorite, but the can kind have added sugars and corn starch.

Ken, WTG not gaining over the holidays. Now that your company is gone you can relax and get back into the swing of things.

Gator if those weird menus work for you, go for it. I know what you mean about keeping busy. I drift to the same place. Do you think we will ever change that thinking. I bet skinny people don't do that.

Heartmom, that's how this girls is. When she raises her head she throws up. I guess I thought you took something on a regular basis to keep it at bay.

Fruit, no have not booked a flight, I want to wait and see what happens with the biopsy first. I should do it soon.

Teensy, have fun at your slumber party.

Bob, I drink about 4 cups of coffee each morning at work, but it is decaf. I hardly ever drink caffenine.

Cheryl, interetinga bout the caffenine. Someone told me that diet soft drinks actually hinder wt loss as they do something to your metabolism and digestion.

Deb, the pizza crust doesn't crisp up. I had to eat it with a fork. You can't get them to go. I don't know why. I slid the leftovers into a box, but did as the waiter to put a piece of foil in it first. It worked fine. Maybe they will work on that if it goes over well. Funny how we put off doing those things we don't like to do. Like bills, taxes, forms, etc. I have 2 chores like that that I'm dreading. The brace is called a V-lok. Acutally feels pretty good. Especially when we walk. What a nightmare with Michael, but glad the outcome was good. I guess he won't be doing anymore filmns with this girl. I think your letter did the trick. I didn't care for te Yoga, Not enough activity to me. Lots of the moves I was afraid would hurt my back. I like to know that I have done something.

Chris, hope you got out there and exercised. I think once you get into it you will like it.

Suzy, what a good NY resolution. I love to organize things. hate clutter.

Woodfrogs, congrats on the 1 lb. Take whatever you can get.

Ashley, have a greattime on your trip. I think talking with a nutritionist would be so interesting. I'm sure you will do fine while you are there. Got a big laugh about the coffee not making you overwt. So true.

Monet, where are you? Hope things are ok.

Well, I'm starving. Those eggs I had at 6:00 didn't last long. Off to get some yogurt.

Oh, I weighed this morning, but I forgot what it was. Can yo beleive that. It wasn't down I know that. I had to weigh at PT and his scale was way off.

Have a great day.

Jackie
Old 01-14-2004, 11:08 AM   #66  

Good morning all!
I weighed in and was at 190. That's down two since I started (1/1/04), but yesterday, I was 185...go figure! I was feeling a bit puffy this morning so I am going to weigh tomorrow (which is my actual two week mark) and take the weight I like best! Even with only two pounds, I will not give up! I know that eventually my body will kick in and the weight will fall off. Two weeks isn't that long and I know I'm losing inches b/c my clothes are fitting much better. Eating was good yesterday. We had a birthday party this morning at work and I brought a legal appetizer ( "Hanky Panky"- velveeta melted with sausage & spread on party rye) and I had 2 pieces of that and some apples someone had brought to go with caramel dip (skipped the dip). The Krispy Kremes didn't even tempt me. I feel great! And I Jazzercised last night.
Here's my attempt at replying to everyone....I always read every single post, but don't always reply:
TALITHA: I hope you get to feeling better soon. I'd get that dr by the collar if you don't. It's ridiculous how long you've been feeling bad. Have you been tested for mono?
PANCHO: I agree with you on not taking Lane to the dr. I figured after the break all our kids would be over the sickies, but we had to send one home yesterday with flu-like symptoms.

HEART: I've heard that Outlook has a lot of problems and compatibility issues. HOpe everything's cool now!
TRISH: I have a tremendous amount of admiration for Jordan and all of our soldiers and their families. You're in my thoughts and prayers!
JACK-K: Hope that therapy does its job and you're feeling better soon.
TEENSY: Pizza sounds so yummy! I think that will be my Saturday night dinner! That WW crust is delish! I use the Betty Crocker cookbook recipe and use WW flour.
CHERYL: Thanks for the caffeine info. I've really cut back. I only have one diet coke in the morning and that's usually it. LOTS of water now!
SUZY: I didn't make a NY resolution, but I have been doing some major cleaning out and decluttering too. Isn't it a great feeling to get rid of those things that just don't bless you!?
WOODFROGS: Congrats on WIW!
DEB: It was 23 degrees on my way to work this morning and honestly, I didn't think it was that bad! HA! I enjoy the cool weather, but by about mid- February, I'm ready for it to go. Then I enjoy the warm weather and by August, I'm ready for that to go too! I guess we want what we don't have, huh? Your schedule makes my head spin! The joy of teenagers, huh?
GATOR: I just want to say for what it's worth, I have an unending amount of respect for you! You have taken your food limitations in stride and really made lemonade out of your lemons...can you have lemonade???? I think if I was in your shoes, I might have thrown in the towel, but you really make the best of things and that is such a wonderful, positive way to be. I hope all of the people in your ilfe realize what a blessing you are!
EVERYONE I MISSED: Happy Sugarbusting!!!!!

Everyone have a great day!
Jennifer
Old 01-14-2004, 11:16 AM   #67  

Good Wednesday morning everyone. I was still up this morning at 122#; that's about up 2#'s from where I've been staying. I really think I am building more muscle tone though, so I may start gaining a little. As long as it is muscle, I don't mind. I think some of this was the "sampling" I did this past weekend.

Do any of you know of any good videos that target the back. I have back fat that I can't get rid of for anything! That is my only real problem area now. My stomach looks o.k. until I bend over, and then it looks like a granny's butt it's so wrinkled. But, I can deal with that, I guess. I want to tone up my back area....so any suggestions are welcome.

I got to the gym this morning and got my full workout in, and then went by Wal-Mart to get Lane a pair of shoes for her picture; she only owns tennis shoes. I then got my morning fix at Starbucks, and came back home so DH could go to work.

Britt has a field trip today to the library and then a picnic at the park, but it looks like it might rain; I hope it holds off. I would love for it to rain, but not until after her picnic.

BOB: I can understand your frustration and grief. I had a collie as a child who my parents paid very little for because he had hip dysplasia from the day he was born. We loved him and gave him the best life, and he stayed with us for nearly 8 years, until he couldn't get up at all anymore. My dad was having to carry him outside to go to the bathroom. He brought us so much joy, and was who I cried to when things went "wrong" in my life (you know when you are a kid, that means petty little stuff, but he always listened and gave me lots of kisses). He was my buddy. I miss him to this day; he had such a gentle soul. I hope this woman has that dog spayed and keeps her away from any male dogs. You are putting your company before us??? The nerve .

Deb: Just skip the poll this week; it's already Wed. We don't care. Think of something for next week and don't worry about this week. You've got enough going on!! Great letter; way to go MOM!! What a mess.

chrisd: I say weigh in the morning with nothing on but your underwear, if even that. How is Dominic's gagging thing going? Did you have him evaluated?

Suzy: It feels great to get things organized, eh?

Wood: A # is a #. Better to see it go down than up or the same. Keep up the good work.

jackieO: Enjoy the few days away with DF. My birthday isn't until Feb 1st, but it is sneaking up on me. I will be officially closer to 40 on this birthday than 30 (36). Oh well, I am just happy to have another year!

Jack-K: My dad has a bad back and owns an inversion table; it really helps him a lot. I have tried it, and although it makes my back feel well, the blood rushes to my head and I get dizzy. His is the full standing up one; I hear thay have one that inverts you just from the waist down; I'd like that one better, I think. I injured my back several years ago, and it often moves out of place in the lower portion of my back, and that table seems to re-adjust it. Hope the PT pays off for you.

Well, I better run!!

Take care & God Bless!!
Nat
Old 01-14-2004, 11:20 AM   #68  

Hey guys...ok so its 1107am and NO I did not excersise...I am making the commitment to start tomorrow....I did actually try but there is something wrong with my machine...I almost fell off of it...so Im gonna have DH check it tonight when he gets home...and I WILL work out tomorrow. I went to my moms to weigh and I am STILL 3LBS up. Since I have been so good since last Monday (except the bagel) I can only imagine what I actually gained from the holidays. So instead of 9lbs I have 12lbs to go before my first goal...and I have to say that just sucks...but its my own fault.

JACKIEO - thanks for keeping it real...that is so true about not getting this big from Coffee.

JACKIE - I cannot even imagine laying upside down like that for a minute let alone 3...good for you for being able to do it.

DEB - Everyone said the same thing about why the reunion was last night and the finale onight...very wierd! Great letter I might add...I was impressed! Good job Michael for his hard work and huge accomplishments. What a little ***** that girl is...Im curious to see what happens to her.

Chris
Old 01-14-2004, 11:26 AM   #69  

NAT - we were posting at the same time. Yeah I did have a light pair of sweats on and a tee shirt and socks...maybe that was a pound....lol But I always weigh in clothes just not shoes...so I need to be consistent with that! Dominic's last "gag" throw up was Oct 20th...he has thrown up since but it wasnt from anything but something getting caught in his throat. He still has texture issues for some reason...he will still gag if he doesnt like something...he is very picky like that. But at least its just a gag without anything coming out. Im just glad that i didnt have to do the throat scope thing. Thank you for asking!

Chris
Old 01-14-2004, 11:54 AM   #70  
Goddess

Thumbs down Good Wednesday morning!

Morning all!

It was a busy day yesterday; today should be a little quieter.

As it turns out almost all I ate were salads yesterday. Here's the menu:

Bfast: 2 slices WW bread with margerine
lunch: black and blue salad from O'charly's (steak and blue cheese)
Snack: low-fat cottage cheese and an apple)
dinner: salad bar from Ruby Tuesday's.

I guess I got my 7 servings of fruits and veggies!

Right now I'm eating toast with PB for breakfast and will go out for lunch. But I think I will be able to be home for dinner tonight.

Talitha--Talitha--I make a "hot pizza dip" that is legal (and great with triscuits). You take 8 oz of creme cheese and mix a a TBL or two of italian seasoning into it and spread it across the bottom of a small baking dish. Then cover the top with some pizza sauce (Ragu is SF). Then I sprinkle some red papper flakes and a covering of mozerella and parmesaen cheese. Then top with a couple of TBS of chopped green pappers and onions. Bake at 350 till it is warmed through and the cheese is melted. Serve with sturdy crakers (like a said Triscuits are great) and you've got a great snack (men, especially just love this).

JackieO--It's good to hear from you! Only 12 lbs from goal--WOW! I know you'll get there.

Laurie--You'll get there!

Trish--Maybe it will be over-over there before then! I'll keep you and Jordan in my prayers!

Jackie--Actually a slaw sandwich isn't bad--I've had then before!

Marie--Good to hear from you!

Julia--Glad you are feeling better! Don't over do it--you don't want a relapse!

Gator--Down a pound--maybe I'll have to try your breakfasts! If it is working go for it! Does your DH eat the same thing you do in the morning? I hope you don't mind me asking questions, but I'm curious. Do you cook in the morning or do you heat up leftovers for your breakfasts? I may start doing this myself. If I eat cereal in the morning I'm famished by 10:00. I know protein does so much better.

Missy--You are too funny girl! Good luck with your visit to the BS3000 (boobie smasher 3000). Once I get two or three normal checkups in a row I will only have to ride the silver saddle once every two or three years, but I'm afraid the mammograms will remain a yearly chore!

Colleen--Thanks for the link to the liquid splenda site!

Nat--the Special K ad annoys me too--but not as much as they used too. I know it produces a lot of $ of Susanne and I figure with the big crash they might need it!

BOB--I agree with you about the puppies. They should have either gone to a no kill sheter or been given away to people who would have cared for them. I had a puppy once that, when I took him for his first ver visit, I was told he had a bad heart and wouldn't live long. They suggested I not get attached--yeah right. My sweet puppy lived a happy life for 8 years before he dies peacefully in his sleep one night. They don't really know.

Teish--I'm sitting here reading your post, sipping my morning coffee. . . Sigh, I can only give up so much. ;-)

Deb--Don't know what kicked in, but I was just so inspired watching her skate! Sounds like you've been pretty busy. Also sounds like Michael needs a computer of his own! Glad things turned out ok on his nomination.

Crhis--I'm with you, MUST have the coffee!

Suzy--Sounds like you are doing great. it's wonderful when the cravingd subside. I can't belive how little the sweet stuff matters to me now!

Barbara--WTG on the loss!

WIW--I am down a pound this week--making 13.5 since the surgery! Woo HOO!

I hope WIW is good to everyone!

Susan
Old 01-14-2004, 12:29 PM   #71  

As far as the Special Kay pop-up;whatever helps the sight....I am all for. 'Nuf said. I actually like to see lots of the pop-ups. I ordered magazines from the last one. Whatever works, Suzanne...keep it up!!

Anyway, I wanted to jump on and post the recipe for the cookies I made over the weekend that I cannot stay out of. If you do not have willpower you may not want to make them . They were already on the board, but I don't have a name on my printout as to who posted it, so I will just post it how I made it.

Chocolate Walnut Clusters (I used Pecans):

1/2 cup stone-ground whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup flax meal (optional)
1 egg
1/4 cup butter
1/2 Agave
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 squares un-sweetened baker's chocolate
2 1/2 cups chopped walnuts (I used pecans...and probably used closer to 2 3/4 cups)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt chocolate and set aside. Combine flour, baking powder, salt & flax meal; set aside. On high speed of mixer, beat egg for 1 minute. Add butter, Agave & vanilla, and beat for another minute on high. Add flour mixture and melted chocolate; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Fold in nuts. Drop by teaspoon onto a cookie sheet greased with non-stick spray. Bake 12 minutes. Makes approx. 32 cookies.

The batter seemed kinda runny/wet, but once they baked, the consistency was perfect. They turned out awesome, and I will definately be making them again. They are almost brownie like with lots of nuts throughout.

Take care, and have a great day.
Nat
Old 01-14-2004, 12:31 PM   #72  

Good Morning All

We are back in the deep freeze here again to-day. It's -22C or -8F which is darn cold. I certainly won't be going out walking in it to-day. A quick run to the stores then home again. I made the first batch of bread in my new bread machine yesterday and it turned out delicious. I used the flour combination of sgww and sgww pastry flour plus gluten from SUSAN's recipe and it turned out perfect. I resisted eating any last night, except a few little knobs off of the top as the top was a little uneven so I had to try to level it off. Everytime I woke up during the night I was thinking about the crust of bread I would be having for breakfast. I had that at 7 a.m. this morning with my coffee and later on I had two eggs scrambled with some tomato and seasoned with cajun seasoning. That was yummy. The rest is cut up and waiting to go in the freezer. I'm thinking of using some for french toast tomorrow for breakfast. When I was surfing last night I found a recipe for chicken cooked on a bed of bulgur wheat with cream of mushroom soup and a packet of dry onion soup mix. That is what I am planning for dinner tomorrow. Would do it to-day but as I am alone this evening and have to go out at 6 p.m. for badminton will probably go out for an early supper.

Trishaloo - Will keep you and Jordan in my thoughts. It must be a very worrying time for you but as you say what can you do. Hope things ease up over there before he gets there.

Kengjw - Sounds like you have had a very trying and busy time. Hope you are feeling better and take care.

Gator - Glad to see that you're handling your new diet well and beginning to lose again. It does seem strange eating 'dinner' for breakfast although I think I could handle it if someone else would cook it for me . I know that getting in adequate protein does stop those cravings and hunger pangs. Anyday when I don't have enough protein are the days when I am more likely to feel like munching. And I'm with you on keeping busy. That was my problem in the couple of weeks after the holidays before my activities started again. I was eating from boredom. Good luck on your French movie report.

Jenn28 - That was a great article. Too bad though that they don't mention SB.

Fruitloupe - Don't work too hard at school. Good luck with the boobie smasher.

Teensybean - Hope you enjoyed your Mom's visit and the movies. Did it turn into a slumber party?

Cherylco - Thanks for the info about the caffeine. I know that I am drinking way too much of the stuff lately.

Deb - WTG on the bargains you got yesterday. The oatmeal coconut cookies were store bought and they were good but I don't plan on buying any more in the near future. They are the first sweet cookies I have bought in a LONG time and just had a longing for something sweet. So I'm glad the bag is empty and I can get back on track. We are in a deep chill up here again and I sure wish I was back in a warmer climate. Maybe I should become a snowbird and spend the whole winter in Florida. . That's quite a problem you had with that girl at the school. Hope you can get some satisfaction from that principal. She sounds like a b....ch too.

ChrisD - I too like those pita pizzas. I tried them for the first time a couple of weeks ago and thought they were yummy.

SuzyB156 - Isn't that a great feeling when you have a good cleanup and get rid of all the clutter. I should start again soon . Too bad it doesn't stay uncluttered for long.

Woodfrogs - Glad to see you are down a pound this morning. Slowly but surely wins the race.

JackieO - Have a good vacation.

JackK - Sounds like that PT gave you quite a workout. I sure wouldn't like to try standing on my head even for one minute. The line dancing class was fun. Most of the steps come back once you start doing them again. Also it helps that we are a combined level 1 and 2 class. My legs felt a bit tired when I was finished but I certainly need the exercise. The tomato soup I had was Campbell's condensed. I didn't realize before that it had added sugar. I'll have to find a different brand. I've used the Heinz ready to serve before which I don't think has added sugar but have not been able to find any lately. I've had a problem with vertigo in the past which the doctor said was probably caused by an inner ear problem. He suggested I take half a Gravol tablet which did help.

Monet - We miss you. Hope you are feeling o.k.

Fillise - Reading about your hot pizza dip is making me hungry. I see I'll have to add a few more items to my shopping list.

I can see quite a few new posts since I started typing this but I have to get out and brave the cold and do some grocery shopping. Will try to catch up later.

Have a good day everyone.

Marie.
Old 01-14-2004, 01:04 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

I contacted PeoplePc about my problem and they said it's probably an older version of the software I'm running. So I'm going to download the newer one and see if it works. If not, then I'll do what CHERYLCO said and hopefully that will work. Anyway, today is pretty uneventful. I did my 3 mile tape and got it outta the way. WIW- I weighed 172. Down 1 from last WIW, but still have 2 more "holiday" pounds to go. These are really being stubborn, taking alot longer to get off than I anticipated! Breakfast was an orange and half cup of Fiber One with milk(carb countdown) and an additional cup of CC milk. Just had vanilla NSA yogurt for a snack. Lunch will be leftover beans and sausage with a salad. I haven't made my mind up what supper will be.

DEB- I would love to come to the SB get together. But my finances are AWFUL right now. Besides, no one is here to watch the kids. I wouldn't even think about asking hubby, tried that once and we got into a HUGE fight,etc..hubby can really be a jerk at times.

278/172/145
Old 01-14-2004, 01:09 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Oh yea, I saw a thing on TV last night that was stating that women shouldn't cut their milk and dairy out of their daily intake. Even if doing "low carb". They say milk can cut hunger also. You need the calcium, your bones can start deterorating(sp) in your 30's. I think 3 cups of milk supplies your RDA. Or switch it up with other dairy products. I'm big on cheese and yogurt,lol.

CHRIS- Does your son have Oral Diversion? Sounds like he may. If so, therapy can do wonders.
Old 01-14-2004, 01:21 PM   #75  

HEART - What is Oral Diversion?
Closed Thread