Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: So, Halloween is over, how well did you do on your prediction?
I did exactly as I said, just one piece! 1 4.17%
I did exactly as I said, not one piece! 9 37.50%
I did exactly as I said, just had a piece of SB Legal Chocolate! 1 4.17%
I did exactly what I said that night, there after, it's a different story! 1 4.17%
I failed, but not too bad! 4 16.67%
I failed, and miserably at that! 1 4.17%
You mean Halloween is over? I'm still celebrating! 0 0%
I plead the Fifth. I'm not saying anything to incriminate myself! 2 8.33%
You better hitch the wagon and come get me-it's bad! 1 4.17%
Other (care to explain?) 4 16.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2003, 12:31 AM   #166  

Default GOOD PICTURES EVERYONE

SEF:
THE MEN VIEW IS QUITE ACUTE, i DO NOT FIT ALL THOSE , BUT AT LEAST 70%.

ONLY GOT A FEW MINUTES AND SOME GOOD NEWS I LOST 4 POUNDS AND HAD THE DOCTOR SCALES TELL ME MINE ARE OFF BY 3 POUNDS. OH WELL THE MAIN THING IS SOME DAY I WILL GET THERE.

WE HAVE HAD RAIN FOR THE LAST 4 DAYS SO THAT WITH COLD WEATHER MAKE ME A LITTLE MOODY.

DEB: NICE GOING SEND ME AN EMAIL SAYING SORRY FOR YOU LADIES ONLY, AS ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS DELETE MY NAME FROM YOUR LIST ON THAT ONE, OR IS THIS SOME KIND OF TEASER . ( IT WORKED) BUT I UNDERSTAND YOU DO NOT WANT TO MAKE A 20 YEAR NAVY VET, FATHER,GRANDFATHER BLUSH NOW DO YOU. i NEVER SAY NEVER BUT IT WOULD BE A LITTLE HARD TO DO.

MY BACK AND LEG IS FINALLY ALL HEALED AND I AM BACK TO MY EXCERISE AND WEIGHT LIFTING. MY LADY THERAPIST ALL GAVE ME A BIG HUG ON MY LAST DAY, WILL MISS THEM WE HAD A LOT OF FUN AND LAUGHS AND EVEN GOT SOME OF THE OTHER PATIENTS INVOLVED. OH WELL LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT.

EVERY ONE HAVE A SUPER WEEKEND AND WILL TRY AND STAY UP WITH THE BOARD MORE NEXT WEEK. MY GRANDDAUGHTER CALLED ME AND ASKED IF I KNEW WHERE HER POPPIE WAS AS I WAS MISSING IN ACTION. MEANING I HAVE NOT CALLED OR SEEN THEM THIS WEEK.

SUPERDAVE

Last edited by SuperDave; 11-09-2003 at 12:34 AM.
Old 11-09-2003, 08:06 AM   #167  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Morning All

Thought I'd hop on while everyone's still sound asleep and not asking for a turn on the computer.

Garage sales yesterday - soooo many I couldn't get to all that I would of if I could, just to many and not enough time. Can't say I bought all that much, but what I did buy was big and bulky. Bought 2 of those 3-drawer plastic bins, like dresser drawers, $2 each, then a smaller one for ELI'S SB papers to use when he's working on his stuff in the dining room, also 3 drawers, $1. I bought a round glass eterge that my sister had actually fell in love with but wasn't sure if she was going to buy, I liked it, so I got that-now just have to figure out exactly where to stick it. It's not that big, about 17" round, and it's 6 feet high with 4 shelves of glass. A few video tapes, brand new Lancome compact with 2 eye shadows and blush together for .50 cents, found ALEX'S Mom a table for their home, dark cherry wood, 4ft long (like a sofa table) had a few scratches near the front, on the top, $5.00 - she was thrilled!!!! A few other odds and ends, but nothing exciting or worth much. Oh, I did buy these things for the telephones, where you can plug a phone in to any outlet and use it - does anyone have any of these? If so, do they work?

MOM, you should be happy JARED sleeps all those hours, almost 11 hours, wouldn't I love to be able to sleep that long. Just wait! Before you know it, JARED will be staying up all hours doing homework, some nights not sleeping at all. Then you'll be claiming the opposite What movie did you get from BB to watch?

KEN, something to look forward to is a good thing but one thing that's important to remember is to make your goals realistic and should you not get to a certain weight not to fret, it's a number and how you feel and look to yourself is more important (unless you have a distorted image of yourself like me, but then, I have a distorted body to go with the distorted image) Just can't imagine anyone your height being 110lbs.

BOB, wake you up? You said you were lounging in the 4 poster, Geez, woman, how long do you expect to sleep on the weekend???? Besides your head is so full of fog that I called you at 10am, not 11am!

ROSE, looking forward to hearing from you soon and how the ride home was!!!

SEF, you go girl Taking it one day at a time is good, only thing you can do. Thanks for checking on that file for me-can't wait to send it out to people I've met since I had it last time. Was on the old computer. I would love to find such talent around these parts Or, maybe that should be I'd like to find those parts around here!!! Thanks for posting those FF, I got lax on doing it last week.

TEENSY, hope you are enjoying having DS around this weekend. Look forward to hereing about this weekends hunting tails

COUNTRY, sometimes I wish people wouldn't listen because some times I get going and can't stop. It gets worse if I'm trying to do 2 things at once, like look at garage sale items and talk. If you listen to me sometimes gawd knows what I may be saying. Loved talking to you too. Remember, that invitation - it's sincere and opened. Hmmm, I see age is setting in - you forgot to send me that link that you forgot about while we were talking Can you send it, pretty please???

CHERYL, LAUREN would love some voice lessons too. During the summer when she was in CHICAGO she had them but nothing that was scheduled. I was surprised she could sing as she could. Does DD listen to a lot of jazz music? LAUREN is stuck on show tunes and loves Broadway music. Funny, you'd think kids now a days wouldn't like much of either but it's nice that they do. What are your DD's future aspirations? Good article - reminded me I have some of that in the house.

PANCHO, I too like Big Lots and of course, going to STARBUCKS, well, that's a given when I'm with ELI Cool about the gift card, nice that they acknowledged what you've done for them. Aunt Annies, well, first, I wouldn't worry so much about you eating one once in a while, but if you are asking me if it's legal, not really. Would you believe, the one that's lowest in fat is the jalepeno (or at least I remember it as being such). If they used SGWW flour, it would be okay, but I can't say it is because others reading this post would say I said so, but for you, it's fine as a treat once in a while.

TONI, no need to apologize at all. Will try to remember to call you sometime today.

HEART, once again, you've proved that you're truly a great bargain hunter. You and I could be a good team I always think I'm too big, even when I got to goal and below. It's something we have to work on but in time, hope will come. You're younger so it's going to be easier for you, unlike me, who's older, has more hanging skin, scars, etc. but something many of us have to work on. Will try to ask TRACY about JARED.

MONET, sounds like a feast instead of a simple meal - well, at least from someone who doesn't cook I never invite myself to my Mom's - she's over here so much and the kids love when she cooks for them. When they were here last week, kids were so excited because they knew they were going to get some good vittles, and they did, well, all but MICHAEL

DAVE, CONGRATS on the loss this week Okay, I have to say, when I sent that out I was going to delete your name from it and actually looked through the e-mail addresses trying to figure out which it was. Unless it's easily identifiable with your name in there somehow, or I've known your e-mail for years, I won't recognize is, and thus, is the reason I put my little apology in there for you. I could of gone through the BIO BOARD, but many of the e-mails I have are not on the bio board and actually, I had to go, so that made me also take the lazy route. Hope you didn't mind too much - heck, at least he wasn't naked. Now, if I had sent the PIANO PLAYER, then I could understand-this was a bit more tamed. Besides, didn't you look like that a few years ago?????? Seriously though, I hope I didn't make you feel bad.

Okay, I'm going back to bed to read a little. ELI is off today, so will be out of the house for as long as possible.

Have a great Sunday!!!

Deb
Old 11-09-2003, 11:26 AM   #168  

Morning! I got up a few hours ago, and have been quietly puttering about. I love having Sunday mornings to relax like this. Our church has worship service at 6pm. It makes the whole day special!

Tom just got up. He stayed up almost all night reading. I love when he does that, so when I do it, he can't comment on it! haha!

I have mentioned this eggplant recipe before. I finally remembered to find it and so here it is! I will post it on the recipe board too.

Stuffed Eggplant

1 large eggplant -- sliced
4 Tablespoons olive oil
1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 cups ricotta cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 cup black olives -- diced
3 medium pimiento peppers, canned -- chopped
2 teaspoons basil -- or 6 fresh leaves
4 Tablespoons parsley
1 clove garlic -- minced

Sprinkle the eggplant slices with salt, and set aside. In a large bowl, mix together the peppers , olives, garlic, ricotta, parmesan, basil, parsley, and adjust seasoning. Rinse eggplant slices, and brush with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Broil for a few minutes, turn, brush again, and broil. Remove. Brush with more oil, on one side. Place two Tablespoons of filling on the slice, and fold the ends over to meet. Secure with a toothpick. Serve.

Ok, gotta go continue puttering... hope everyone is doing well!

Last edited by Ellen; 11-09-2003 at 11:30 AM.
Old 11-09-2003, 01:21 PM   #169  

Hello! I am starting SB today! I weighed in this morning at 198.5. My first goal is to lose 10 pounds by the end of the year.
If I understand correctly I am to have lower fat meats, cheeses, milk, non starchy veggies, fruits and 1-3 starchy carbs a day.
I have the shopping guide so I know which foods are a no-no. I understand to eat my serving of fruit 30 mins b4 or 2 hrs after meals. Starchy carbs are whole wheat pasta, bread, oatmeal, sweet potato, brown/basmati (sp?) rice and ww crackers.
I slept pretty late today and probably did not start the day off right but for breakfast/lunch about 11am I had about 12 keebler harvest bakery seven grain crackers with some spinach dip I had made. It's not the best choice but not the worst! Then BF got up and wanted sausage, eggs and toast. I cooked that for him but didn't eat any.
I've got to go to WM today and get a few things.
As far as yogurt, I bought some of the BB light 85 yogurt with splenda. Is this okay for breakfast or a snack maybe once every two or three days? I have tried to make up a menu and vary my breakfasts throughout the week. Like this:
M-cereal w/ milk
T-ww toast w/ butter
W-eggs w/ bacon
T-fruit
F-yogurt
S-omlete w/ sausage
S-fruit
How does that sound?
I hope I can make it on this woe! It sounds much more doable than anything else. It is very similar to Somersizing. Except with Somersizing you can't combine pro/fats with carbs, etc. It's a little more strict.
Here's the menu I have planned for tomorrow:
B-Yogurt
S-red grapes
L-2 slices ww lc bread w/ turkey, lettuce, tomato & mustard, celery and cucumber w/ ranch dressing
S-few ww crackers or some cheese
D-cheeseburger pie, green beans & squash
S-sf bb bomb pop
That's possibly 3 servings of starchy carbs if I eat the crackers.
I checked on the crackers. Serving=17 crackers. Per serving=6 grams of fat, 1 saturated, 20g of carbs, 1 fiber, 4 sugar and 1 protein. The ingredients has tons of stuff listed. I may try these in moderation.
Well, off to clean the house, shower and head to Wally World!
Have a good day and I'll let you know how I fared tonight!
Old 11-09-2003, 01:49 PM   #170  
Little Engine That Could

BOB--Congratulations on the big win for Ewe Tee. I know you must have been excited.
Old 11-09-2003, 04:08 PM   #171  

Default Beb I was not serious

Deb:
Over time when you get to know me better, I was not serious, actually I thought it was kind of cute, really. I have a great sense of humor. I think it was cool. You all be careful out there.

Four Popular Diets All Work Well, U.S. Study Shows

Updated 2:22 PM ET November 9, 2003

By Maggie Fox, Health and Science Correspondent

ORLANDO, Fla. (Reuters) - No matter what diet you are on, if you eat less and lose weight you also lower your risk of heart disease, doctors told a conference on Sunday.

Weight Watchers, the high-fat Atkins diet, the extremely low-fat Ornish diet and the high-protein, moderate carbohydrate Zone diet all help people lose weight and all reduce cholesterol, but in different ways, the researchers said.

"On average, participants in the study reduced their heart disease risk by 5 percent to 15 percent," Dr. Michael Dansinger of Tufts University in Boston told a meeting of the American Heart Association.

"Instead of saying there is one clear winner here, we are saying they are all winners."

And, as might be expected, the closer dieters followed the plans, the more weight they lost.

Those who stuck it out for a full year lost, on average, 5 percent of their body weight -- or about 10 to 12 pounds.

While the dieters reduced heart disease "risk factors" such as cholesterol levels, overall blood pressure did not drop much and the study did not last long enough to see if this translated into a lower long-term risk of heart disease.

Instead, the researchers used statistics that show lowering cholesterol by a certain amount, for instance, reduces the risk of heart disease overall.

Dr. Robert Eckel of the University of Colorado, who heads the Heart Association's nutrition committee, said the message is clear -- lose weight however you can to reduce your risk of heart disease.

"I think weight reduction trumps a lot of other stuff," Eckel said.

For the study Dansinger and colleagues chose 160 overweight people and randomly assigned 40 to each of four different diets. They weighed an average 220 pounds (100 kg) and needed to lose between 30 and 80 pounds.

All agreed to follow the diets to the best of their ability for two months, although none were enrolled in the full programs that Weight Watchers and Dr. Dean Ornish advocate.

They include exercise, group meetings and food diaries for Weight Watchers and stress reduction for the Ornish diet.

After two months 22 percent of the dieters had given up. After a year, 35 percent dropped out of Weight Watchers and the Zone diets and 50 percent had quit the Atkins and Ornish plans.

Dansinger and other researchers said the study suggested there is no one-size-fits-all diet best for everyone.

"The type of person who is going to go for a low-fat, vegetarian diet is not, in my experience, the kind of person who is going to go for a high-meat diet," Dansinger said.

But for people with high cholesterol levels, the Ornish diet might be the most beneficial, Dansinger said.

"The Ornish diet, low-fat vegetarian, was best for lowering the bad LDL cholesterol, while other diets were better at raising the good HDL cholesterol," Dansinger said. Low density lipoprotein cholesterol is the stuff that clogs arteries, while high density lipoprotein carries fat out of the blood.

The Ornish diet cut LDL by 10 percent and Atkins lowered it 2 percent to 3 percent, Dansinger said.

Ornish said doctors often place too high a value on high HDL levels. "If you reduce fat, there is less garbage, less saturated fat and cholesterol, so your body needs less garbage trucks," he said.

But Dansinger said his study was one of several that has suggested the high-fat Atkins diet, in the short-term, does not raise the risk of heart disease.
Old 11-09-2003, 05:04 PM   #172  

Height: 5' 7"

Default DEB....

I didn't forget...LOL AOL is rejecting my email for some reason. You are about the third person it won't allow me to send to. The url is:

www.jasc.com

Love,
Crystle
Old 11-09-2003, 05:12 PM   #173  

Thank you so much for calling Deb... I think you gave me the boost I need. I'll start journaling in the morning... Hope I can be natural at it and not try to eat how it will look good. Hope everyone had a good week end and we're all ready to start a new week.
Old 11-09-2003, 07:38 PM   #174  

Hello Folks,
Hope everybody is doing good. Sorry I haven't been here this week. Will not offer any sticky excuses, but will be back tomorrow. Have a wonderful evening.

Later for now,
LJunel (slim and healthy)
Old 11-09-2003, 09:35 PM   #175  

Hey Guys and Girls!

Eek!!! Just stepped on the scale and it looks like I gained back a pound. No idea how that happened. I was a good girl this weekend. Okay, last night for dinner I had a few tortilla chips but that was because I was at the mall with my parents and Jared and I hated what my mother bought me for dinner. That was my only choice at the time. I think TOM is on its way which probably accounts for some water weight gain. Right?

Night All!

Ilana
Closed Thread