Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 12:31 PM   #1  

Default yogurt

Hi,

I just started SB and I'm looking for a low sugar yogurt. Do they even make it?

Also, I'm a little confused with the low sugar vs. no sugar. Am I not to eat any foods with sugar? What is the max grams of sugar I should consume in one day?

Thanks.
Old 11-04-2003, 01:17 PM   #2  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Hi Terri,

They do make sf yogurts but they are sweetened with artificial sweeteners. I personally like taking a plain ff yogurt, like Horizon or Cascadian Farms brand and put some fresh pureed fruit and some sweetener in it. If you don't see SUGAR, or a form of sugar listed in the ingredients, the sugar grams you see are naturally occuring sugar and are fine to have. Next time you go to the store, check out the plain yogurt and you'll see what I mean.

You should try to limit foods that have added sugars with 3 grams or less per serving (though the newer SB book now says 5 and never said why it changed this from 3 to 5) Try keeping yor sugars to the lowest possible.

The amount of food you eat also depends on how much you weigh, and this also goes for sugar grams, but the less, the better. When I started SB almost 4 years ago I chose not to have anything to eat that had any added sugars - hard to find the foods but not as hard as you think.

Please join us on the SB WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD. When you go to the board just remember to use either the QUICK REPLY box at the bottom of the page, or his POST REPLY and then submit , just don't hit new thread

Feel free to contact me directly too [email protected]

Debbie
Old 11-04-2003, 01:23 PM   #3  

Debbie...thank you for the information.

Just to clarify...any food item is good to eat if it does not have the word "sugar" (or any of the other sugar-words) in the ingredient list AND on the nutritional table the food is less than 3 (or 5) grams/serving.

I just want to make sure I'm doing this right.
Old 11-04-2003, 01:40 PM   #4  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

I guess you could say that, when it comes to packaged foods. For instance, you may want kethchup made with all those sugars. If it falls under those guidelines, you can have a serving, but for me, I'd much rather have ketchup with no added sugars in it.

Please do join us on the weekly board where we all congregate, here's the link, just click on it. The people on the board are wonderful, helpful and very friendly and we'd love for you to join us.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=33977

THink of this as a learning experience and the more questions you ask, the more you'll learn and the more successful you'll be!

Debbie
Closed Thread