Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: What decade of the past that you've lived through has been your favorite?
1930's 0 0%
1940's 0 0%
1950's 3 13.04%
1960's 3 13.04%
1970's 4 17.39%
1980's 9 39.13%
1990's 4 17.39%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 06:22 AM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Post Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 10/20-10/26

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-THURSDAY RECIPE DAY
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=33381

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Old 10-20-2003, 06:24 AM   #2  

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Will post my usual morning post sometime later, but wanted to make sure I got our
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM, there's 2 of them to read today, both really wonderful ones that hold a lot of meaning

WHEN YOU FALL

When you fall, get back up. It may sound so simple as to be obvious, yet far too often it doesn't happen. When you've strayed from the path, work your way back to it. It is not too late and it is always your best option.

Remember why you started the effort in the first place. Remember what is truly important in your life, and why you're doing what you have chosen to do.

Being a victim has no real future, and helps no one. So do what it takes to get back up and get moving forward again. Sure, it is painful to fail. And the best thing you can do is to get beyond that pain as quickly as possible.

When you fall, get back up, quickly, with renewed determination, as often as it takes. And you will end up going exactly where you choose to go.

-- Ralph Marston

DECIDE THAT YOU WILL

Though you're not yet sure exactly how you'll finish, go ahead and get started. Even the smallest amount of progress can motivate you to keep going. The big achievements begin with small achievements. And the small achievements come from making the initial effort.

No matter where you intend to go, there is always a first step to be taken. Take that first step now.

Nothing can equal the sense of accomplishment that comes from getting results. Though it's great to have faith that you can do it, it's even better when you know from your own experience.

Action is what will transform your faith, your hopes, your best intentions into real and undeniable results. And now is the time to act.

Take that first step, keep on going and don't look back. You can do it, when you decide that you will.

-- Ralph Marston
Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/1??/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 10-20-2003, 06:40 AM   #3  

Hi folks

As I didn't get on here on the weekend I thought I would try and be the first one on Monday morning. I had another busy week but did do a bit better with my eating. Not 100% op but better than the last few weeks and I have managed to lose one of the pounds I had gained. As much as I like the job I am doing I will be glad when I can spend more time at home and be able to prepare some decent meals. This weekend I did o.k. Yesterday morning I had whole wheat pancakes with leftover cranberry sauce. For lunch I had home made lentil soup and for dinner I made a hamburger and cabbage casserole which I had with broccoli. I have enough left over for dinner tonite. I haven't had too much exercise lately although I did manage to get in a couple of evenings of badminton last week - the first in more than a month. I did a bit of gardening yesterday morning. Had about 50 daffodil bulbs to plant. I hope the sqirrels don't go and dig them up again. They ruined one of the plants that I had on my front porch during the summer. I wondered why it had died on me until I saw one of the little critters in the pot digging.

I see that boobs has been a big subject here for a couple of days. If anyone has any to spare you can send some over here. The only good thing about my gaining weight was that I gained quite a bit on the boobs. Now I've lost some they are disappearing again. I guess we are never happy with what we've got.

Bob - I liked The Italian Job - very entertaining.

Fillise - Sorry to hear that you have not been feeling so good. Hope you get better soon. I think we should all be able to have a treat once in a while without feeling guilty as long as we stay op most of the time.

Monet - I took piano lessons for the first time when I was in my 40's. It was something that I was always interested in but never had the opportunity to do when I was a kid. I still like to play once in a while - just to entertain myself though. Not good enough to play in public. We used to have an old Steinway that we acquired from a friend and had it fixed up. But it was so big and such an eye sore that we eventually got rid of it. I then bought a Yamaha electronic piano. It has quite a good sound and the good thing about it is that you can use head phones if you don't want to disturb anyone else in the household while you are practising.

Deb - Hope you had a better night sleeping last night. Sounds like you've had too many sleepless nights lately. I guess I know what Michael will be getting for Christmas (or Hannukah). .

Sorry I can't get to you all. I've just been skimming the posts lately.

Have a good week everyone.

Marie.
Old 10-20-2003, 06:55 AM   #4  

A quick good morning while I wait for Laura to be ready to go to school. I am giving her a ride this morning.

I am going to have blood drawn for lab work this morning. I am a bit early, like maybe a week, but it is convenient, so I am doing it today. My co-worker, Wild Rose Pixie, who is doing SB is riding up with me to get her bloodwork done too. She has lost 38 pounds now...it will be two months next week. She is doing so well! Of course I am a bit jealous, but I am very happy for her!

The weather seems to be staying on the cool side now. Its gotten cold enough that Tom has decided to close the pool... I always think it is sad when that time comes. I do like cool weather, and all, and the holidays, but it there is so much work to be done! I guess I am lazy at heart!

ROSALIE: An electric piano sounds like an idea! I have seen some and they look just like regular pianos, right? I may have to take lessons- thanks for the encouragement! It sure is good to see you back!

Everyone, have a great week!
Old 10-20-2003, 08:43 AM   #5  

Gosh Debilli's motivational could sure be used in my life! Don't know why but I can't seem to get back on board and stay. My body and I are at war. And I seem to get farther and farther away from eating right. Which I know is wrong. But I keep trying to come back and read the posts in hopes that I can find my way. I'm trying to get good and mad at myself so I'll pop out of this. Anyway just wanted to check back in and say howdy to all and I miss you guys......
Old 10-20-2003, 08:48 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Monday Morning, I think.

The cold has come on full force. I pretty muuch feel like crap. But life goes on and so do I.

Did get some cold pills and they seem to help. At least I'm not blowing my nose every other minute. This to will pass.

Weekend was a blur. I had to clean the house Sat. Took me all day. Hit the couch about 8:00 and stayed there. Yesterday we cleaned the garage, washed the cars and some windows.

Eating has been horrible. But the scale was kind to me this morning. I was shocked. Back on track today, except that food just does not sound good. Choked down a piece of toast for breakfast. Brought a pot pie for lunch. What do you eat that is legal when you have a cold?

Fruit, thanks for posting the pics. Couldn't you have touched them up a bit? I look very old. Stomach is poochy. Glad Terry gave in. I guess it was Ashley and me that convinced him huh?

Fillise, hope your cold is getting better. Surely they don't last too long.

Deb, I got my hair cut right before we went to N.O. Top is pretty much the same, but layered the back and sides shorter. I do better with short hair. But not too short.

Chris, Bucs had a bad game yesterday. Condolences.

Bob, glad Skeeter is home to comfort you. I've been thinking about you. Hoping you are doing ok.

It's anew week and a new start if you need it. Take advantage.

Got to get busy here. Be back later.

Jackie
Old 10-20-2003, 08:51 AM   #7  

THIS WEEKS CHALLENGES:

As usual we continue with to TRY AND GET IN AT LEAST 64 OUNCES OF WATER A DAY and TRY TO GET IN AT LEAST 3 DAYS WORTH OF EXERCISE and post it on the exercise board.

THIS WEEKS CHALLENGE:

For one day, any day, post your food intake for the day with as much info as you can add (amounts, calories, fats, etc.)

GOOD LUCK!
Old 10-20-2003, 08:52 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Oops, forgot to paste my replies in.........

Rosalie, good to see you back. It is tough when work keeps you so busy. It really helps to have time to prepare the right foods. Hope things slow down for you soon.

Monet, Give my congrats to your co-worked on her great loss. I'm sure you have been a big part in it. Good luck with the lab work.

Toni, Good to see you back. Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom before you can find your way. Staying on here, good or bad really helps. Hope you figure it out. We miss you.

Jackie
Old 10-20-2003, 09:29 AM   #9  

Good morning to everyone. Had a busy weekend, taking grandma to the CHER concert. Worth every minute of the misery of the traffic and parking. I am just sick to death of sitting in my car. It took us 2 hours to get out of the parking lot at the arena, and over an hour to get there (in Mississippi). We stayed in a hotel near by. It was disastrous. But Meme(my GM), had a great time so it was worth it. It was the same performance that was televised, so it was even more fabulous in person. My eating was so-so this weekend, with me going totally crazy at a buffet yesterday. The good news is that it was my only meal for the day, the bad news is that I looked like someone who had not seen food in a while..anyway, today is a new day!!!

Missy- I am so glad Terry caved in and is letting you host the SB get together. I will definitely be there!!! Hope you are feeling better. Thanks for posting the pics. Terry didn't look that miserable when we were together, maybe he was just playing up the drama for the cameras!!!!

JackK- Hey!! How was the football game? Did Tulane win? I am so out of the loop this morning. Glad the scale was kind to you. Sorry to hear that you have a cold. Get better soon!!!

Fillise- Sorry to hear you are not feeling well either. A lot of sniffles and such going around on the board. Feel better soon.

Monet- Good luck at the lab!!!!

Hello to everyone. I will check in later. Gotta run-Ashley
Old 10-20-2003, 09:37 AM   #10  

I can't remember how much dry oatmeal we can have, can anyone??????
Old 10-20-2003, 09:54 AM   #11  

Good Morning

Well, I had this nice post going and then the computer shut down on me! So, I'm just going to get right back on with the replies I had started on before I find myself out of time. Will say that I did spend an hour in the water this morning

ROSALIE, glad to see your post, really do miss you!!! Glad to hear you're doing well. Okay, I'm ready to send you some boob I don't want - no, I don't mean ELI either! I think you'd have lots of people ready to send you some excess boobage!!! MICHAEL, hmmm, not sure what's going to be for him for the holidays but I can tell you most definitely, it sure won't be a car!!!! One good thing I have to say about the holidays this year, Hanukah is falls during Xmas!!!! How's the weather up that way?

MONET, when I started the post that I lost I had mentioned about the pool and how, as it gets cooler here (whenever that may be) I'll have to wait til the afternoon for the water to warm up, or if it's really during our so-called winter, will have to focus more on my walking. It took me a bit of time to ease in to the water today. Hope all the blood work comes out okay. PIXIE is doing awesome!

TONI, it's hard to get back in to the swing of it sometimes. It may take me weeks to get my head screwed back on straight when I stray. Try to take each day hour by hour. When you are having a tough time and THINK you need a fix do something else to get your mind off of it, it works, though I don't heed my own advice often enough. You'll get back in to the swing of it, don't worry. Come on the board as much as you can, it does help!!! I think it's 1/3 cup of dry oatmeal, if I remember correctly.

JACKK, sorry to hear you have a full blown cold, hope it doesn't stay too long. I think soups are the best when you are sick, they are easy to get down, help because of the heat and if you get some chicken soup, well, that's great Jewish penicillin and should help your cold AND your tummy I think I look better with shorter hair too, but not above my shoulders. When you have curly hair, having it too short, you can't do ANYTHING with it at all.

JACKIE, sounds like you and your GM had a wonderful time. I'm sure it's something she'll think about for a long time and she'll treasure that she spent this time with you. I love it when singers have such a vast area of different aged fans. I'm not a huge Cher fan but I think going to one of her concerts would be fun. THe last concert I went to was with LAUREN and it was NSYNC and we were in the brain dead section and I hated it. All I heard was screaming! I should of taken my ear plugs with me. Thought about taking MICHAEL to see Simon and Garfunkel but the tickets are a bit too pricey, another beef I have with concerts!!

Okay, I'm hugry, so I'm headed for the kitchen. Will check in later!

Have a wonderful week!

Debbie
Old 10-20-2003, 10:02 AM   #12  

This was out in the general area and I wanted to copy it and paste it so everyone could reply as they can:

Kbp

newbie to SB and introduction

Hi. I am a newbie to SB, however not to dieting etc. I have been on atkins and had lost 60 lbs. Put on about 10 mostly due to boredom and restrictions of carbs. I don't mind Atkins except that I do miss those carb side dishes--rice, pasta, pot. etc.

Anyway, I started researching and think SB may be more what I am looking for. I don't mind brown rice, whole wheat pastas, sweet pot. etc. and think they would def. add a nice variety to my way of eating.

I am getting the book the new book this afternoon and will begin reading the book. I have to say from I am excited that I will be able to have cereal and milk. What kind of cereals are acceptable and what kind of milks?? Are any sugar free type foods acceptable in moderation---SF pudding cups etc.

I am sure these will be answered soon by reading the book, but I am at work and can't leave to get it so I am a little anxious!!!

Do some of you eat smaller meals throughout the day? If so, what do you suggest for the smaller meals that could be taken to work? (NO Prep work)

Thanks for your help!!!!

Kim
Old 10-20-2003, 11:38 AM   #13  

Good Monday morning all:

I was at 122.5# this morning; even hit 121.5 over the weekend. See, that is where I tend to be different from a lot of people....I am not a stress eater. I tend to stop eating when I get stressed out and worried. I don't think about eating; it is the farthest thing from my mind. I don't turn to food for comfort. I tend to eat more when I am happy and things are going well....go figure. I see the ENT today at 3:30 p.m., so hopefully we will be a bit closer to some sort of answer. Thank you all for your continued prayers; I truly believe in the power of prayers!! I'm not sure if I will be able to get back on here today since my appt. is so late and far from home. I will have to get home and get dinner on the table and then kids bathed and to bed.

I actually jumped on Amazon over the weekend and bought a few Christmas presents. They have free shipping on most of their toys.

It looks like we will be breaking many records this week. 23 cities in the state of Arizona broke records for high temperatures yesterday. We are supposed to get to 104 degrees on Tuesday; there has never been a day this late in October to be over 100 degrees (that has ever been recorded). I am so ready for this heat to break.

Anyway....I hope you all have a great OP day.

BOB: So glad Skeeter is back home where he belongs!!

Emma: Good idea on losing wt. prior to a BR; otherwise, you just lose the weight in them and get that saggy skin. It is better to be at more of an ideal weight. I was at 138# when I had it done, and didn't think I'd lose anymore than 8 more pounds. Well, here I am 15 pounds later....but they still are in pretty good shape; just a little smaller than after the original reduction (my bras pucker a bit now). Way to go on the Christmas shopping. Other than some stuff I ordered at abc distributing and at Amazon over the weekend, I have done nothing.

heart: I hope you will be reporting in the 170's on Wed. I love the Daisy Collection at abc; your dd's room will look lovely. I really wish their shipping wasn't so high. It seems that any money you save on the product, you end up paying in shipping costs. Thanks for the prayers and putting a prayer request in at church. If you have any suspicious spots...have them checked out right away. See if a doctor could set up a payment plan for you, or pay it on credit and pay it off. You are precious to your family and need to take care of yourself. My cousin had a melanoma and nearly lost half of her breast having it dug out.

fruit: Thanks for the pictures; it is so nice to see you lovely ladies. I'm sure you will see those 2# go quickly.

Deb: That's a bummer that your HFS is disc. those pot pies. I guess you will have to order them in bulk. I'll eventually tell DH about you all. He thinks is is absurd to get online with a bunch of strangers and reveal all your personal "stuff." When did you have the lump in your head removed? Where on your head was it? Did the doctors ever know what caused it? Have a happy day!

Grant: Hope you get some relief soon!

jecrites: I hope your shoulder is feeling better today. I would be very upset at the school for no call; I don't care if it is long distance or not. I'd bring it up at the next conference you have and let them know you were not happy about it!

Fillise: I loved your post on Sunday and totally and completely agree with you, but not sure if I would have when I was in the process of losing. I was so strict and so determined that I really did deprive myself of much, but felt it was worth it. Now that I have met and maintained my goal, I definately give myself more freedom. I will always allow myself to have "forbidden" foods on occasion (special occasions & such). Life is too short, and I don't want to feel deprived, but for the most part, I don't feel deprived. I will always have to remember moderation and not get carried away. I think that is the key to success when it comes to weight loss and management.

Rosalie: Hello stranger; glad all is going well and you are doing well with your eating.

Toni: Hope you get everything worked out and get back on track. I believe most dry oatmeal portions are 3/4 cup.

Kim: Welcome. I too did Atkins, and am much happier on SB. Skim or 1% milk is best, and there are a few cereals you can have. I eat Shredded Wheat and Cheerios (in Yellow Box). You want to make sure sugar grams are under 3 per serving. SF foods, in moderation, are fine. Good ideas for snacks are Blue Bunny SF yogurt, Lite cheese sticks, veggies and fruits, nuts (almonds), wheat thins with lite laughing cow cheese. There is a great recipe on here for Zucchini loaf cake. I make that and cut it up into individual portion sizes for snacks. We look forward to getting to know you better!

There is my novel for the day. If I don't get back on today, I will probably be on tomorrow a.m.

Take care,
Nat
Old 10-20-2003, 11:49 AM   #14  

Hey guys, good morning!! Glad to see everyone had a good weekend. I had a pretty good one myself...until that horrible football game yesterday! At least the Yankees won (sorry Deb).
Ok, for those of you that saw my post last week about that quick chocolate cheesecake...heres the deal. My sister made it saturday night and used 1% milk instead of heavy cream. I tried it and it was great! Soooo those that dont want to make it because of the heavy cream...then use 1% its just as god! Theres my tip of the day!

JACKIEO- So glad you liked the concert! Whats not to like, right?

PANCHO - I will be praying for you...good luck at your appt. today!
Im not a big fan of Leanne's either, shes way to whiny!

JACKIE - Hope you feel better soon! Yes the game was horrible, but the way they played they deserved to lose!

BOB - Ohhhhh what can I possibly say about that thing they called a game yesterday! I have never seen our defense play that bad! But, they have so many injuries, how could they win? Just trying to justify a little .
My sister just watched The Italian Job last night, she loved it too!
Glad Sketter is back home with you!

FRUIT - Great pics...thanks for posting.

DEB - All I can say is OMG you have no idea how good that cheesecake was. Everyone was drooling over it. The chocolate made it. I forgot to send my address...I will do that as soon as I am done with this post. yes, I would of done much better without Dominic Saturday, he was being such a pain in the a**....ripping bottles off the shelf. thats what I get for not putting him in his stroller.

Well guys, have a great day! We are going to Sea World tomorrow...so I will be back on Wed. Dominics first time there.. He is so excited to see Shampoo (thats what he calls shamu!)

Chris
Old 10-20-2003, 12:17 PM   #15  

Hello everyone.

I read the posts from yesterday that I didn't get to respond to, but honestly I can't remember what all was said.

I think the problem with my shoulder is that I just slept on it wrong. Hubby has started taking over the bed It feels a little better today, at least I can move my head now. It's actually moved to almost right under my neck and has that "sore" feeling you sometimes get from sleeping wrong.

Got to go pick up some meds today, but dang it if hubby didn't take my car and I can't get hold of him. Every time I call up there no one is in the office.

Not much happened here over the weekend, didn't feel like doing anything at all.

Well I'm gonna go, and hopefully catch someone at the office to tell that man I need my car. Talk to y'all later.

Jenn
Closed Thread