1970's
20.00%
1980's
2.86%
Other
0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll
  • AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!!

BEAUTIFUL DAY over here on the WEST COAST OF FLA!! It's been around 76 all day, and supposed to be in the low 60's tonight...just might have to throw open the windows and let that nice breeze come on in!

ABOUT THE BOOBS....BOB has NO BOOBS, and BOB has no arse!
    Even at my heaviest....I've just never been blessed! They are at that hanging stage, but I blame that on my age!
    NOW...as for DEBBIES....I've shared nights in a hotel with her, and she's not joshing y'all about them...in a queen sized bed, she's in the middle, and her boobs are hanging over the side
    NOW....MISSY has new ones, but she hasn't let us see them yet...

I have a friend in Lexington that had her's reduced and they took 8lbs off of each side. Now mind you she wasn't overwieght at all, in fact, she is a little petite thing...when she got out of be for the first time, they had to teach her all over again about how to walk.
    She went face first because of the balance...she was a sight to behold!

CHRIS...have you been to that YANKEE CANDLE store at BRANDON MALL? I haven't been to it yet, but I hear it's really nice.

Y'all are KILLING ME with all this talk about Christmas...I've bought 1 gift so far and that's IT!!!

CONGRATS TO ALL WHO LOST and to everyone else....KEEP ON PLUGGING!!!

Gotta go....HELLO TO EVERYONE

BOB
  • OH MY GAWD!!!! YOU'RE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS EBAY ITEM!!!

Be sure to read all the way down, cause the seller has a storey to
    tell...

http://www.cgi.ebay.com/WS/eBayISAPI...&catagory=1469

BOB
  • WELL DANGIT....THAT DIDN'T WORK!!! Let me work on it....
  • http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=1469

Ok, try this...you might have to paste it in your browser...

BOB
  • Hello all:

What a busy day! Delaney did not take a nap before our MOM's Club OUting, so she wasn't in the best of moods (enough said). Britt enjoyed herself.

Delaney had to get 3 shots today; I thought it was only going to be 1. I talked to the Dr. in depth about her "attitude." He gave me one word.....consistency! He said I can't be firm at home and then cave when I am in public and everyone is watching. He said that she is driven and strong-willed, which are great attributes when she gets older....usually means they are successful later in life. It probably means their parents aren't around to experience it . Some lady told her at Walgreens that she was too loud and to be quiet today....I almost told the lady that she was a *itch and to be quiet herself. You get so defensive when it comes to your kids. Doc also said the apple usually doesn't fall too far from the tree, so I'll have to curse my husband out when he gets home .

I plan to get to the gym tomorrow morning. I have to admit also that I've been suckered into the Bachelor. It is the only show I watch, other than the news. I can't watch any shows that are on earlier than 8:00, since it is bathtime, storytime, playtime, etc.. I will pop my little mini bag of popcorn and watch my little show....am I pathetic or what? Maybe I should rent a few movies or something!

Deb: I don't have implants, but my boobs are pretty firm now from the doc. tightening the skin after removing all the fat. They are not anything like implants, but aren't hanging down to my belly button anymore. He did have to lipo around the armpits and side fat to make everything look in proportion. I never intended to get implants, even if I came out "flatter" than I envisioned. It is nice not to have to put on a bra just to run out for a gallon of milk. I also hated to not wear a bra due to the sweat factor...yuck! They aren't hanging down now so I take my bra off as soon as I walk in the door. It still seems strange to see my ribs. I used to always think I was short waisted, but I guess I was just long boob-ed. Precious picture of your niece. Get yourself a cape and you'll be all set for Halloween .

chrisd: Yummy....chocolate cheesecake. Is that listed under the cake section? I'd love to try it. Funny about the sore butt comment....I'll give you a day or two to get rid of the bruises, but then no more excuses .

Fruit: Hope you feel better soon!

jecrites: Well I do have to say....let that BR be your incentive to lose the weight. I think all insurance companies are that way. I was 138 pounds when I had it done, and they had to take pictures of me from the neck down to send to the insurance company to prove that they were out of proportion to the rest of my body. I think they take other things into consideration as well.

BOB: You are 1 gift ahead of me. I haven't purchased a thing yet.

Well, Delaney is screaming so I better run.

I'll check in tomorrow a.m.

Nat
  • I'm back.

Well we picked up hubby from work and then took him to his "other" job and headed to Wal-Mart. Needless to say I spent too much and didn't get a darn thing. I couldn't do any Christmas shopping either, had the kids with me. I guess I'll have to wait until next weekend when the inlaws are here and leave the kids at home with hubby and his dad. They'll have a fit, but I have to get something done and if that's the only way to do it then so be it.

Have to go p/u the old fart when they get done with their job, I think they are working on a piece of road somewhere. They had already fixed the mess and then it rained and washed it away, so this is the second attempt. Just hope it don't rain again!

I've got a little bit of a headache right now so gonna get in a couple of replies and then get off here for the night.

BOB, All I can say about that item on e-bay is OH MY GAWD!!!! The things you can find on there.

Pancho, I can't stand it when strangers try to "correct" my kids for me either. I don't know how many times I've had that happen to me since I've had these kids, and it doesn't matter how many times it happens, it still pisses you off. There's gonna come a day when someone does it and I'm in the wrong mood and I'm gonna go off on them, but it won't do no good because it'll just be someone else somewhere else.

Talk to y'all tomorrow. Sweet dreams, (you to Deb)!

Jenn
  • Don't want to take up much space on this Board but to say "GO MARLINS!!!" Hope I didn't offend anyone rooting for the Cubs. I just met you guys and consider you to be a great support to me as I go through trying to lose the weight and getting my blood sugar levels under control. Even though I am type two diabetic, I actually made myself wear a medical ID bracelet in the case something happens to me and the hospital is not aware that I am a diabetic. Seems like a good idea.

Well I'm off to reading more of the SB book and watching the baseball game.

Night!

Ilana
  • What's Happening!!
    Hi everybody,
    I'm so sorry for staying away so long. My computer was down and after that I was sick with stomach bacteria, YUK YUK YUK!!! I literally stayed sick to my stomach. Then the meds that were required made be even sicker. I asked pharmacist if there was other meds I could take and her response was that most meds for what I had make most people sick. I have recovered, thank God.

I can tell ya one thing, it is good to be back. I have been trying to catch up on reading and it is quite time consuming. I have had many laughs tonight. Deb talking about her boobs and the picture, not to mention Bob's link to e-bay...whew!!! If someone was standing outside of my door was listening, they would have thought someone was here with me.

I'll be back in the morning. Have a good nite. I really missed being here.

See ya later,
    LJunel (slim and healthy)
  • Hi Everybody!

Missed WIW, but I broke the 220 mark, and am at 218.5 as of yesterday!

I have been insanely busy.... but have been managing to stay OP! And I have managed to drink the required amount of water! I have been using recipes (main dishes) from the board here--lifesavers some evenings! So I will have to post one of my legal ones in return.

This is a short short post, but some quick replies:

Debelli & Michael -- yes French (and any language) is a spoken language first in my mind. Hence my decision to use Berlitz which focuses on conversation. I really needed to rent an apartment and eat and drink, not read Victor Hugo. Notice that I was motivated to learn to write in French *only* when I couldn't write a check ! LOL!

Big Orange Babe-- HOW could I NOT click through to the eBay item? LOL! ANd to think I have been on eBAy off/on the last two days without finding this hysterical item.

Other replies to follow. I *am* hoping to take longer than 10 minutes for lunch today. I am frantically putting together three presentations for the Society for Neuroscience meeting in New Orleans in early November. Of course, I thought of some late-minute *absolutely* essential esperiments....and still wrangling the hotel room.

Ciao!

Emma
  • BOB - All I've got to say is, Girl you have way too much time on your hands!!! How do you find this stuff?! That was hysterical.
  • Thursday
    Good morning y'all.

I've got my 3 days of exercise done but hopeing to go on and finish out the week and maybe walk on the TM some over the weekend too. I have nothing else to do, so why not?

I know if I don't see a loss next week I'm not gonna be happy at all. You all know I haven't done any kind of exercise in a long long time, unless you count running up and down the basement stairs for laundry on weekends or when I can't find something up here. My eating yesterday was ok, just didn't eat enough, didn't have time. I've got to find something for breakfast now though, the ol' tum tum is a growling.

It's supposed to rain this afternoon, I'm kind of hoping it will so hubby will be at home. With his truck being "broke" right now he's taking my car and Katie has computer club after school and has to be picked up at 5. It's a pain to take him and drop him off.

Gonna go find something for breakfast now, can't stand the hunger pains any longer. I'll check back later.

Jenn
  • Good Thursday Morning All

Just got home. Went to my DS's house and swam. Then watched BAILEY for a few before her friend came to watch her this morning. Def. pooped!

Oh, I know what I forgot to mention...the other day, I was at Publix with MICHAEL and OMG, my FAVORITE ice cream that only comes in during the holidays has made it's arrival! It's PEPPERMINT STICK! Now, I have to say I was salivating and breathing heavily on the freezer doors but I left them closed and didn't buy any. BUT, I will forewarn that I will be scarfing down some in the near future - there's just NO way I'm not going to, I've been dying for this since last season. What will keep me at bay will be waiting for it to go on sale, I won't splurge til it does. Oh, and for those of you who have Publix in your area, has anyone tried this new ice cream RED VELVET CAKE? It's one of my favorite cakes my DM makes, but in ice cream. Gawd forbid they should have a 2-4-1 sale on ice cream any time soon - I'll admit, I'll be a goner!Since I actually started this post yesterday, I came to find out that Publix has this on sale this week! I'm going to at least hold out til the end of the sale!!!)

JACKIEO, poor ELI? Don't you worry, he has his bases covered, he bought some regular popcorn to help him during these times, problem is, he keeps burning it!

CHRIS, not a bad day yesterday, but very cloudy here. Just waiting for a bit of cold weather to come, but I won't hold my breath that it will happen any time soon though I have to say it's an absolutely gorgeous day so far today! Glad you liked the dressing - LMK how the ranch is. They have some good bbq sauces too but I still like my recipe the best.

TRISH, when you go to SD you MUST find a TRADER JOES!!!! Even COST PLUS is fun to run around at. I love SD, it's my fav. city I think! If you have ANY time at all, take a drive up to JULIAN, it's gorgeous up there but as for the town, you can throw a rock from end to end. Maybe during that time may not be good, I was there in Jan and there was snow on the ground - first time I had seen any in my life!!!! No Souper Salads down here, they have Sweet Tomato. I don't like it there though, just another buffet to me.

FRUIT, hope you are feeling better today! Remind me next time we actually talk to tell you the ELI trot story - you'll die laughing!

MOM, actually, there's lots of pics on the SB INFORMATION BOARDS on our SB PHOTO ALBUM thread - you can see lots of us on there Yep, you CAN lose your boobies, but in my case, it looks more like a deflation

JEC, thanks for letting my armpits know they have siblings across the US! It's funny when I see people complaining about how they can grab an inch - I can grab a handful and still have more to grab!!!

BOB, you are a hoot! What the heck are you looking for on Ebay that would make you find THAT! I agree with TRISH, too much time on your hands. Better go out and walk then look at all that filthy trash Thanks for confirming all I've said about the bod-these gals think I'm joshing!!!!

PANCHO, get to the gym today? I can't remember the last time I went without a bra, maybe 6th grade? Heck, I can't remember when they didn't need a bra, maybe 6th grade?

AGAPE, glad to see you back in more ways than one!!!!

EMMA, CONGRATS on reaching new number territory!! You're doing great MICHAEL thank goodness knows another language, unlike his DM who knows just a tad of Espanol. He's much like my cousin in many ways and I hope he develops other languages like she has, though he'll never reach her status of knowing 7 languages, but another one would be nice.

Okay, I'm starving and have to go find something to eat. Will check in later.

Toodles

Debbie
  • Morning!

I hopped on the metal monster, and was pleased that I am now only 1 pound above my all time low. Not sure what the key is here, as I have not been totally good. It follows no rhyme or reason when I lose! I am hoping it contines though...and perhaps into new territory!

I have two loaves of ww bread in the oven. The weather has turned cool and its time to start making my own again. I mix it and let it raise in the ABM, then take it out to knead lightly, form and raise before baking in the oven. I think the texture turns out better.

I had a chat with my boss yesterday. He gets these ideas from somewhere...who knows where. He thought I did not want to work on Fridays. Well, I would rather not, but I never told him that. I told him I would be willing to work on Fridays if he needed me, he just never scheduled me on Fridays. He was kind of surprised, and I came to realize my one scheduled day next week was again, his method of punishing me for making him mad about something. Its subtle and I can't prove it, but it sure fits. Anyway, he told me if I wanted to come in tomorrow to work, that would be great. So I will. Right now, I have a goal in mind. I want to buy a some dining room furniture, a new dishwasher, and furniture for the kitchen. I can get it all a lot faster if I am working and saving $$ each week. So I will continue to work until it is honestly unbearable. It is not there yet!

DEB: Thanks for the heads up on the Publix Ice Cream. I did notice they had egg nog flavor in the other day. I will look for the red velvet and the peppermint stick. In my opinion, if you are going to cheat, ice cream is one of the better things to cheat with. Its not that high in sugar, and relatively low in carbs.... Am I justifying here?

JECRITES: I sure hope you see the loss you are hoping for. I certainly know the frustration of being good, and not seeing any results. If you are apple shaped, like you mentioned, you might have some insulin problems that make losing difficult. If so, you might want to read Montignac's book for more info on healing the insulin problems. It takes three months of NO cheating, and keeping relatively low on the glycemic index.

EMMA: I hope your presentations go well! Congrats on the loss!

AGAPE: Good to see you back! I am sorry you have been sick.

MOM: I chuckled over your Go Marlins... I am from Chicago and my family is all for the Cubs. My brother in law explains the Cubs fans attitude as, "Maybe next year". He has said this for years...guess he is saying it now, huh?

PANCHO: It is amazing how perfect strangers will comment on your kids behavior. I am sure they mean well, in a condescending sort of way! Its hard enough to deal with the embarrassment without someone pointing it out to you. I am often tempted to comment when I see parents doing things I consider abusive...like yelling at a kid, saying negative things to them, but I usually keep my mouth shut. If they are pitching a fit and the mom looks distressed, I usually try and smile and say something reassuring, since all kids do that at sometime or another! Heck, MINE did! I think a lot of the overbearing busy bodies never had kids, and think its easy! A friend of mine had a great T-Shirt that said, "Motherhood is NOT for wimps!"

BOB: The things you can find on ebay! Its amazing! Unlike you, I do have boobs...way too much in fact! I sure wish I could give you some of mine!

FRUIT: I hope you are feeling better today. I hate throwing up....I would rather do anything than that! Look on the bright side though...maybe you will lose some from it!

Ok, gotta go check my bread. Will try and get back on here later!

• Good morning!
    We had a nice walk this morning. The kids are starting on school. And of couse I am online. The weight is still more or less the same. My goal this year is to make it through the holidays without a gain. If I can maintain and not have to re-lose I will be a happy camper. If I could lose it would be icing on the

Oh my gosh...I was smiling at all the saggy boobie stories cause I am small chested and have the same problem. You would think I would have gotten a pass on this part of life considering I'm between an A and a B.

Deb.....I love peppermint ice cream. Blue bell makes one that is great. Maybe you could get some of Bob's sugar free peppermints....crush them and mix with some sugar free vanilla ice cream... Let it set overnight or so in the freezer.....I know not the same thing but it might be enough to fight the craving. Your neice is a little cutie.

Trish WTG on the treadmill times!!!! You have really upped the minutes. I know with your heart this is a major accomplishment. COOL BEANS!

Jen....awesome getting in your exercise also. It's so hard after not doing it for a while. Go Jen...your're getting stronger...getting healthy!

Emma....cheering for you too this morning! Awesome on the new low.

WB Agape! Sorry you have been feeling so poorly. Hopefully you will stay well and get strong. ((hugzz))

Ilana....I can't remember if I said hi yet or not. In case I didn't welcome!!!!!

Poncho....you sound like the kinda woman I love to hate...in a good way. Skinny and nice breast. Hope you are having a great day and the little one is in a better mood.

Bob....all I can do is shake my head....LOL Too funny.

Missy...hope you are feeling better today.

Monet awesome getting back down to within a pound of your all time low!!!!!

Howdy to everybody else....Toni...Jack-K...JackieO...Kim...Beach...Gator...Sef...SuperDav e...Grant...and everbody I am missing. The children have wandered off and I need to drag their little behinds back in here.

Love and hugs,
    Crystle
  • I'm back!
    Hi! I missed you guys so much. NO was fun but way to long. How many times can you walk up an down Bourbon Street? Not many for me, but DH could all day and night. I guess we are getting old but I think I have done NO enough.

The highlight of the trip was meeting Fruit and JackieO. We had lunch a a pizza place that ww pizza crust. Delish. In fact DH & I went back there on Tuesday. Both girls are delightful. We laughed and laughed. You would have thought we had known each other for years. Missy's husband was so sweet too (& a cutie). He listened to us talk about fat and SB and everything else and went right along with us. AFter lunch we walked around some before Missy left. We were going to do some wild shots for you all but settled for a nice picture. Ashley & I hung out about another hour and walked around. Ashley is so young, sweet and cute. I don't know where she is going to lose another 20 lbs. Missy is just like I expected. So cute & bubbly. I can really see her teaching those first graders and them loving her. She is so likeable. I sure wish I lived closer.

Deb, I tried to convince Terry that we all were sweet ladies and everyone was as nice as we were. Just not sure he bought it or maybe meeting us nixed the whole plan. It was sweet that he was worried about Missy meeting us. My DH never said a word.

The scale was only up 4 lbs this am. Probably mostly the breakfast buffet and Chinese buffet yesterday. Back on track today.

My desk is covered so I don't have time to make replies. Hopefully I can start new tomorrow.

Ashley & Missy, thanks for coming to meet me. I know it was a long haul for you, especially Missy. I really enjoyed it. Missy tell Terry thanks for bringing you. He is a sweetie. Hold onto him.

Jackie