Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: In what type of dwelling(s) do you reside? (check all that apply)
Apartment 1 3.33%
Condo 1 3.33%
Cabin or Cottage 0 0%
Trailer 2 6.67%
Townhome 0 0%
Duplex or Triplex 1 3.33%
One story single family home 13 43.33%
Two story single family home 6 20.00%
Three story single family home 2 6.67%
Other (like YELLOWROSE'S tree house) 1 3.33%
I rent 0 0%
I own, but have a mortgage 9 30.00%
I own, free and clear 8 26.67%
I have more than 1 residence (i.e. winter & summer home) 2 6.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2003, 07:01 AM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Post Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 9/1-9/7

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-THURSDAY RECIPE DAY
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=31290

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Old 09-01-2003, 07:05 AM   #2  

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Will post my usual morning post sometime later, but wanted to make sure I got our
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM, there's 2 of them to read today:

EFFORT PAYS

Effort does not cost you. Effort pays. The time and energy you invest in effort are never wasted. Sincere, focused effort always brings something of value.

Sometimes the value you create from your efforts may not be exactly what you were expecting. Sometimes your efforts may not pay off immediately or in an obvious way. Yet positive, productive effort never goes unrewarded. Effort creates value, effort teaches, trains, brings growth and increased strength.

Is there something you've avoided because of the effort involved? By avoiding effort, you're passing up some of the best things that life has to offer.

Go ahead, make the effort. And enjoy the rewards that will surely come.

-- Ralph Marston

YOU'LL GET THROUGH

When the challenge is in front of you, it looks big and difficult and complicated and forbidding. Yet when that same challenge is behind you, you wonder why you ever hesitated to take it on.

Are there challenges looming on your horizon, challenges that seem insurmountable? They are not nearly so difficult as they may at first appear. In fact, once you get past them they will hardly seem difficult at all. Because in the process of going through them, you'll learn, you'll improve, you'll grow, you'll become stronger.

In the process of meeting the challenges that are now in front of you, you'll take yourself to a higher level of performance. You'll take yourself to a higher level of wisdom, strength, and effectiveness.

Imagine yourself there now, already past the challenges, stronger and more experienced as a result. You will have achieved something of value and, perhaps more importantly, put yourself in a position to take on even greater, even more rewarding challenges.

So jump in right now and begin to work your way through the challenges that confront you. You know you'll get through them, to discover great new value on the other side

.-- Ralph Marston
Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/1??/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 09-01-2003, 07:15 AM   #3  

THIS WEEKS CHALLENGES:

As usual we continue with to TRY AND GET IN AT LEAST 64 OUNCES OF WATER A DAY and TRY TO GET IN AT LEAST 3 DAYS WORTH OF EXERCISE and post it on the exercise board.

THIS WEEKS CHALLENGE:

Take at least one day out this week and list where your fiber for the day come from. You can list just the foods, but if you know the grams of fiber, that would be great too. Do you get enough fiber?

Now, I have a
NEW CHALLENGE FOR THE MONTH OF SEPTEMBER This challenge is optional, as everything on this board is, but I hope you will all take the month out and try to do this.

In the past I've wanted to do a STORY BOARD. A more in-depth of each persons individual struggles with their weight and the story behind how they came to where they are now and how they came to go on SB. I know many people ask me about my history and thought having a STORY BOARD would be a good idea.

So, here's your challenge, take the month and write about your struggles, triumphs, highs, lows, etc. in regards to your weight. Try to give it a nifty title if you can (if you need help coming up with one, just ask) and give the reason why you chose that particular title. A good word to use is WEIGHT. I will post a new board just for this challenge on the SB INFORMATION BOARDS, or do you think we should keep it here on the weekly board area? I hope you will all join me in it. If you have any questions at all, just ask. Don't think it's a good idea - tell me!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!
Old 09-01-2003, 07:22 AM   #4  

WOW! BIRTHDAY'S ABOUND THIS MONTH!

We have 6 birthdays I know of this month and here's the lucky ones who will be getting a year older!!!

FILLISE - 9/3 THAT'S THIS WEDNESDAY!
MELF - 9/8
LAURIEANN - 9/9
SUPERDAVE - 9/9
SERENE - 9/18
LIBRA 9/25

Old 09-01-2003, 09:31 AM   #5  

This was posted on one of our other boards and I wanted to copy it and post it here so we could all reply to it:

ALI G

1st: Hello Everyone, I am new here to your boards, so HI and I look forward to reading your posts about SB WOE/WOL.

I have to say that I started SB in 1998. In 6 months time I lost over 50lbs. I kept it off for about a year and felt wonderful and looked better than I ever had in my life. Without boring you w/the details, I'll just say due to health related issues, I began to gain some of the weight back and after a while got really depressed about it and just gave up. Fell right off the SB Wagon.
I regret it terribly, but I have made a commitment to myself to get back to feeling great. It's a slow process, but it DOES work. Once you get used to it and if you have support (like I'm hoping to get here) the reward is awesome!
Old 09-01-2003, 09:59 AM   #6  

WOW! I see y'all are taking advantage of the Labor Day holiday and sleeping in. Geez, to think I could of waited til after 9am to start the board!

I was up early, my body gets use to school time and I can never sleep in, so got the board up and running then me out and walking and got in my 4.5 miles. I absolutely LOVE when the first of a month falls on a Monday - it's a new week and a new month! I feel so good! I stayed OP 100% all last week, not a slip up at all and I'm very pleased. I always say how much better I feel when I stay OP and wish I could remember how crappy I feel when I don't, but I figured it like this, it's like having a baby. It's painful, but we go through it in knowing this and after it's done, we forget about the pain and in my case, do it again-ditto with going off plan. When we do, we feel crappy but we seem to forget it and repeat doing it again.

Watched THE MAN FROM ELAYSIAN FIELDS last night- thought it was pretty good. Have a few movies still out from the library that I'm going to try and watch at least one of today. Other than that, not much else going on down here, kids are still asleep and ELI is at work already.

On for a couple replies now...

GARDEN, try to see if your local library has MONTIGNAC'S book as it's OOP and hard to find, but you could try Ebay or Half.com for a used copy. I just checked Ebay and there isn't one and the last one sold for $12.50, half has one but it's almost $20, so do try to find it at the library, or even a used book store. You're right, the oatmeal is one of those contradictory and confusing things I mention, among others. Rolled oats are the ones you want. You can eat regular cheese, but if you can find a lower fat version, that's a better choice. Same goes with milk, if you like skim, as I do, use it, if not, try to go for the lower fat choices. I do think you should try to give it at least a month to try. Two weeks isn't enough as your body needs to get use to this new WOE, esp. the detoxing over the first few days. I think a good solid month is fair-you can't go wrong.
Got your e-mail and will e-mail you today with the numbers

ALI, Glad you've decided to jump in and join us. You did great when you were doing SB and as you well know, this is a great WOE to follow. I can totally relate to your weight loss and how wonderful you felt and looked, it was the same with me and I too gained some of the weight back, though not due to health issues but to stress eating. Many of us have fallen off the wagon but luckily, we found the wagon again and jumped back on. I too have recommited to get off the pounds I've gained. It's a never ending battle, one that is rarely won. I always give my analogy as such-I think of this weight issue as a war and even though I may have won the war, the troops (weight gain, fat) that were overthrown can regroup at any time and wage war once again. It's more to me like a truce than a battle won I think. The wonderful thing about this board and the women and now, brave man that are on it is that we all understand where you've been and what you're dealing with. We learn from each others experiences and we are here for each other - support and friendship are yours without even having to ask You've done it before and you know you can do it again

Seems it's getting really dark outside and I hear the thunder. Glad I got in my walk when I did!

Will check the board later - hopefully the kids won't hog it, but I have a feeling I may not get on til later than I'd like.

Have a wonderful week everyone!

Debbie
Old 09-01-2003, 11:04 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good morning.

It's rainy and yucky outside so no walk this morning. I'm hopeing to sneak one in this afternoon but who knows with this weather. I was a snorker this weekend. Don't ask, I just lost my mind. Hopefully back on track today.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 09-01-2003, 11:06 AM   #8  

Talking Happy Labor Day Monday!

Hi All,

Boy the board is slow! Going for a walk in just a minute but wanted to say hi. DD now has the virus. I'm the only hold out in the family. Usually, I'm the first to get sick so I am just waiting for the shoe to drop. I've been using Zicam hoping I won't catch anything. Well I had weigh in for Weight Watchers today and I was 168. Just 2 more pounds and I will have lost 30 since I restarted. Have to do laundry and clean today. I've put it off all weekend so now I will pay.

Ali: Welcome. I had lost 90lbs on SB and like you let life get to me and put back on 60lbs. I've restarted so now I am back down 54. We can get back down together. I am combining WW and SB this time so I have more portion control.

Dave: Way to go on your staying OP on your trip to Europe. Like you when I went on vacation, I made sure I took long walks and ate somewhat OP and still lost. By the way DS's bday is on the 9th too.

Fillise: Happy BDAY...I know you are very busy with the referendum...

Well, I'll check back later when hopefully the board is a little more active

Anna
Old 09-01-2003, 11:26 AM   #9  
Little Engine That Could

Got my walk in with my DH. Went 2 miles at my usual pace. Boy, is it hot and muggy. Looks like we will get rain sometime today, probably this afternoon.

Re. the fiber, I get mine with fruits and veggies. I normally have 2-3 fruits per day and several veggies. I also eat 1-2 slices of WW bread. This morning I had 3 T. of raw oats in my pancakes (egg, cottage cheese and oats) so probably will keep the bread to one slice. I'm upping the carnitine to see if that makes any difference.

All 21 chrysalides are hanging like Christmas ornaments on the branches in the butterfly cage. I cleaned up all the caterpillar "poop" with my vacuum, being very careful not to suck any chrysalides up the hose! It's all clean and ready to receive some butterflies. Here's a picture of the chrysalis of a zebra longwing butterfly. Neat, huh? Notice the gold dot on the "abdomen." It looks like a little brown devil hanging upside down. The pink paper loop is there because the little critter pupated on the branch of parsley that will not last the 2 weeks he will be there. So, I glued the loop at the end, right where he is attached, and will cut away the parsley and hang the chrysalis from a branch in the cage.

Well, I'm gonna work on my French today. I need 3 day weekends every week just to keep up with everything.

Last edited by GatorGal; 09-01-2003 at 11:30 AM.
Old 09-01-2003, 01:05 PM   #10  

Good afternoon everyone. Hope you're having a good week-end. We've just kind of been lazy. My DH and I made buckwheat waffles yesterday on an old fashioned waffle iron you use on top of the stove. They came out really good and I had enough left over to freeze.

Debelli- You've been busy as a bee this morning. With a great movtivation and a big challagne. Plus you got out and walked to boot.... Way to go girl!!!

Ali G- Welcome to our board. Come join us cause we all know what you're talking about. I'm back after gaining lots of weight back. We can do this. We're all cheering for you.....

CountryMom- Its a new day new month. Its a great time to regroup....

beachfan-Congrads on the good weigh in. Hope you don't get the virus...

Gatorgal- Good walk!!! Its been raining here off and on and making it really muggy....Your butterflys sound so wonderful to watch....

I guess everyone is off playing..... Guess I'll go do the same.....
Old 09-01-2003, 02:11 PM   #11  

Default Monday afternoon

I got in from work a little while ago. The first thing I did was drink two glasses of water, then change into my swim suit and take a dip in the pool. I am dried off now, and waiting for lunch. Tom is fixing steaks, steamed cauliflower, and shrimp. I am vegging while he cooks.

Work was not too bad today. The full time decorator called in sick, so I had to do all the special orders. There were not that many, and it was kind of fun. I am really slow at it though! There were a good number of customers, so I guess I was not too slow.

I am going to toddle off and have some lunch. Will check in later!
Old 09-01-2003, 03:03 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

OMG- I was quite the porker yesterday! Friday and Saturday I was OP and doing good, then came Sunday. I ate everything and anything! I literally ate for hours. I sat around yesterday afternoon and watched movies and stuffed my face with all kinds of no-no foods. I'm too scared to get on the scale today. I know it's up several pounds. And I'm puffy, too. Well, I'm not going to let it get me down. It's a new day and new week. Yesterday, I went to church. I wasn't going to go because I didn't have anything to wear- spare me the lecture. I used to have all kinds of dress clothes, but that's also when I was alot bigger. So now all I have is shorts, capris, t-shirts. I did find a denim skirt and wore that with a white shirt. I went to where my kids attend Sunday School. It was my first time going. The church had a big congregation. And I was underdressed. Oh, well. I liked the pastor's sermon, but I found myself feeling uncomfortable. I think alot had to do with the fact that only 2 people(besides the lady that picks the kids up for SS) came up to me and said they were glad I was here, etc. I'll probably go again before I make up my mind if I want to attend regularly or not. Anyway, not much going on. I don't have any energy today- I know it's the effects of the sugar binge I went on yesterday.
Old 09-01-2003, 03:24 PM   #13  
sef

HiedieHo All!

Well, are all you laborer's taking the day off? I'm not a laborere so I went to nursing home this a.m. I alaways glad when I go on a holdiay as there is nothing doing in the home, even the reception area is closed. Gigi forgot to tell anyone I was coming so both staff and residents were surprised to see me.

I enjoyed the new task at the theater. I was briefed on the computer, then they gave me the charge card machine. I took credit cards all night, then after the play started I helped set up the seating plan for last night. After about an hour the lady in charge said she forgot, did I want to see the play. Of course, I did, but I was also there to help and that comes first. She said whenever I wanted to see the play she wouold give me a comp ticket.

Yesterday was a bad day and I was really aching and played hookey from church...naughty Christian! Really did nothing constructive all day. I did decide on the pattern for next afghan and started another Xst project. This is the Serenity Prayer for a friend that is going through some tough times. Now that I've started it I wonder if Footsteps in the Sand might be more appropriate.

When I'm done with this think I will balance checkbook and pay bills, always a fun was to spend the fternoon!

SUPER: Welcome! You're slightly outnumbered here, but we like the male perspective. Isn't it wonderful? Raise your kids, hope they live in exotic places and then visit them. I did the same thing my Ds and family lived overseas 15 years. You are doing great with your loss.

PIXIE: Welcome! Sounds like you are doing great. You will shock your doctor.

GARDEN: Welcome.

DEB: Cornball!

ALI: Welcome! There a few of here that have done the same thing, I for one, fallen off and have come back. It is so discouraging to think that we were so successful and now have to do it again! But here there are wonderful people who do not criticize, just help you with their support to get back in the act. I don't know where I would be if not for them. So let's do it together.

BEACH: Hope you keep well. Hard to do when all around yoou are sick!

Well, I hear those bills calling so guess I'll get busy.

MM: People come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. When you figure out which it is, you know exactly what to do.

When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed outwardly or inwardly. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend, and they are. They are there for the reason you need them to be.

Then, without any wrong doing on your part or an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.

Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away. Sometimes they act up or out and force you to take a stand.

What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled; their work is done. The prayer you sent up has been answered and it is now time to move on.

When people come into your life for a SEASON, it is because your turn has come to share, grow, or learn. They may bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh. They may teach you something you have never done. They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy.

Believe it! It is real! But...only for a season.
LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons; those things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation. Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person/people (anyway); and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life.

It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

Take care, Shirley
Old 09-01-2003, 03:27 PM   #14  
sef

Since this is a patriotic holiday maybe this is appropriate.Let Freedom ring...for all of us...

Remember the guy who got on a plane with a bomb built into his shoe and tried to light it?_ His trial is over.

How much of this Judge's comments did you hear on TV? Everyone should hear what the judge had to say.

Ruling by Judge William Young

U.S. District Court Judge William Young made the following statement in sentencing "shoe bomber" Richard Reid to prison. It is noteworthy, and deserves to be remembered far longer than he predicts. I commend it to you and to anyone you might wish to forward it to.

January 30, 2003 United States vs. Reid._ Judge William Young:
Mr. Richard C. Reid, hearken now to the sentence the Court imposes upon you.

On counts 1, 5 and 6 the Court sentences you to life in prison in the custody of the United States Attorney General.

On counts 2, 3, 4 and 7, the Court sentences you to 20 years in prison on each count, the sentence on each count to run consecutive with the other. That's 80 years.

On count 8 the Court sentences you to the mandatory 30 years consecutive to the 80 years just imposed. The Court imposes upon you each of the eight counts a fine of $250,000 for the aggregate fine of $2 million.

The Court accepts the government's recommendation with respect to restitution and orders restitution in the amount of_ $298.17 to Andre Bousquet and $5,784 to American Airlines.

The Court imposes upon you the $800 special assessment.

The Court imposes upon you five years supervised release simply because the law requires it. But the life sentences are real life sentences so I need go no further.

This is the sentence that is provided for by our statutes. It is a fair and just sentence. It is a righteous sentence. Let me explain this to you.

We are not afraid of any of your terrorist co-conspirators, Mr. Reid. We are Americans. We have been through the fire before. There is all too much war talk here. And I say that to everyone with the utmost respect. Here in this court , where we deal with individuals as individuals, and care for individuals as individuals, as human beings we reach out for justice, you are not an enemy combatant. You are a terrorist. You are not a soldier in any war. You are a terrorist. To give you that reference, to call you a soldier gives you far too much stature. Whether it is the officers of government who do it or your attorney who does it, or that happens to be your view, you are a terrorist. And we do not negotiate with terrorists. We do not treat with terrorists. We do not sign documents with terrorists. We hunt them down one by one and bring them to justice. So war talk is way out of line in this court. You are a big fellow. But you are not that big. You're no warrior. I know warriors. You are a terrorist. A species of criminal guilty of multiple attempted murders.

In a very real sense Trooper Santigo had it right when you first were taken off that plane and into custody and you wondered where the press and the TV crews were and he said "you're no big deal." You are no big deal.

What your counsel, what your able counsel and what the equally able United States attorneys have grappled with and what I have, as honestly as I know how, tried to grapple with, is why you did something so horrific. What was it that led you here to this courtroom today? I have listened respectfully to what you have to say. And I ask you to search your heart and ask yourself what sort of unfathomable hate led you to do what you are guilty and admit you are guilty of doing. And I have an answer for you. It may not satisfy you. But as I search this entire record it comes as close to understanding as I know.

It seems to me you hate the one thing that is most precious. You hate our freedom. Our individual freedom. Our individual freedom to live as we choose, to come and go as we choose, to believe or not believe as we individually choose.

Here, in this society, the very winds carry freedom. They carry it everywhere from sea to shining sea. It is because we prize individual freedom so much that you are here in this beautiful courtroom. So that everyone can see, truly see, that justice is administered fairly, individually, and discretely. It is for freedom's sake that your lawyers are striving so vigorously on your behalf and have filed appeals, will go on in their, their representation of you before other judges. We are about it. Because we all know that the way we treat you, Mr. Reid, is the measure of our own liberties. Make no mistake though. It is yet true that we will bear any burden, pay any price, to preserve our freedoms.

Look around this courtroom. Mark it well. The world is not going to long remember what you or I say here. Day after tomorrow it will be forgotten. But this, however, will long endure. Here in this courtroom and courtrooms all across America, the American people will gather to see that justice, individual justice, justice, not war, individual justice is in fact being done.

The very President of the United States through his officers will have to come into courtrooms and lay out evidence on which specific matters can be judged, and juries of citizens will gather to sit and judge that evidence democratically, to mold and shape and refine our sense of justice.

See that flag, Mr. Reid? That's the flag of the United States of America. That flag will fly there long after this is all forgotten. That flag stands for freedom. You know it always will.

Custody Mr. Officer. Stand him down.

How much of this Judge's comments did we hear on our TV sets?
Old 09-01-2003, 05:50 PM   #15  
mika

S/C/G: 265/262/238.5

Height: 5'4"

Default New to SB

Hello everyone!

I am new to SB, recently making the change from Atkins. I can tell you that just in a few days I can see the difference in the freedom I feel. Atkins seems so restrictive compared to SB. Of course, guess I will have to wait to see how I do as far as weight loss to see just how well this all works out. It does feel better to my psyche because it just seems so much better balanced.

Sef- I wanted to thank you for posting that article about the shoe bomber. You're right, I haven't heard anything about it at all.

Hope everyone has a great week!
Closed Thread