Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 12:19 AM   #1  

Default Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 7/21-7/27

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are
following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a
part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something
during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM
EST

WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-THURSDAY RECIPE DAY
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE
BOARDS
can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see
the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in
proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit
them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them
often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly
exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=29565

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN
PATH
This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post
questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you
recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads,
please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type
your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just
click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit
SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Old 07-21-2003, 12:37 AM   #2  

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Here's this weeks
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
there's 2 of them to read today:

GO TO IT

You think you need this and you think you need that,
but you are wrong. You already have it. You already
have it and the only thing you must do is to make use
of it. It is there for you to discover, there for you to
realize.Whatever you may dream or desire, there is a
path that will lead you to it. The first step on that path
is right in front of you this very moment. Thoughts of
lack and limitation serve only to hide the truth of
abundance that is all around you. Look past those
limiting thoughts and see the reality of magnificent
possibilities.

To fulfill those possibilities, to experience your own
unique flavor of abundance, takes effort, integrity and
persistence. Yet all these things you already have, and
they're waiting to be put to use.

What you think you need, what you truly desire, is
already there. Have the courage and the confidence to
go to it.

-- Ralph Marston

POSITIVE VISION

When the big positive things are compelling enough, you'll hardly notice the little negative things.
When your focus is on accomplishing what is truly meaningful and significant, then the everyday distractions and annoyances become quite insignificant by comparison.

In every moment, your focus is on one thing or another. When you can stay focused on the good and positive things that mean the most to you, the little annoyances have no way to bring you down.

Why waste your time and energy worrying and fretting about things that really don't matter that much? Instead, direct your focus toward creating value for yourself, for those around you and for the world in which you live.

Sure, you'll need to take care of the little annoying problems and distractions as they come along. And that will go much more smoothly, without anger, resentment, worry or frustration, when your primary focus is on the big picture.

Stop letting all the little things bring you down. Focus instead on the best you can imagine, and let that positive vision pull you forward.

-- Ralph Marston

Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/1??/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 07-21-2003, 12:43 AM   #3  

THIS WEEKS CHALLENGES

The usual challenges of DRINKING YOUR WATER and drinking AT LEAST 64 OUNCES is ongoing, as is getting in 3 DAYS OF EXERCISE and posting it on the WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD

THIS WEEKS NEW CHALLENGE:

Last week we were posting what we had for breakfast. How about this week posting at least one day (or more if you wish) what you had for lunch.
Old 07-21-2003, 12:54 AM   #4  

This was posted by ANGEHALEY on another thread. Thought I would transfer it over here so y'all would see it.

Hello All!!!!
I am a new sb'er and have a few questions....
My favorite "treat" is diet Root Beer... but it has Aspertame in it... what is the deal with Aspertame?? Is it legal and just not preferred or is it a NO NO???

Also, I am in Dallas Tx... does anyone have any suggestions on where to shop besides Whole Foods for sgww breads and the such???

My biggest question is this... Can you have too much fruit in a day?? I like to have fruit for bk (1/2 grapefruit & a peach, or an all fruit fresh smoothie) and then I eat fruit for "snacks"..... Am I doing the wrong thing??? Also, I read somewhere... I think in the sb book, newest ed that to lose weight you should only have two slices of bread in a day.... Is that the same for ww pasta etc....
I need some suggestions for meals.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks to all in advance for you responses!!!!
Ange

ok guys... I have read over and over "how to post messages..." but as you can see...... I am still LOST..... Meant to post this on the main board.... can anyone help?????
Old 07-21-2003, 08:01 AM   #5  

Good morning Rosalie. I guess I'm a real early bird but have to get up early to get DH off to work. I'm going to let some else answer the question on the aspertame. The only thing I do know is that it can bring on sugar cravings. I thought I read in the new book and have been doing this to only drink clear or "white" sodas because of the acid in them. Thats what I've been doing. And Angehaley you can only have two fruits a day and two to three starchy carbs. Which include pasta, rice, bread, etc. Please don't get discouraged its just confusing at first. Once you get the hang of it, it kind of starts making sense.....LOL.... Well I had to skip lunch yeasterday but today I'm having tuna salad on a bed of lettuce and a peach for lunch. I tried last night a new recipe I got off a different board for an upside down pizza casserole last night and my DH and I both really liked it. I worked all day yesterday getting things tagged for a yard sale I'm having next Sat. at a friends house. What an awful job that was. I hate doing things like that. I marked them really cheap so I don't have to come home with a big bunch of stuff. Sorry this came out so long.....
Old 07-21-2003, 08:03 AM   #6  

Thumbs down Back From the Beach

Hi all. I'm back from my vacation...rested and happy. We had a great time and the place where we stayed was very restful. Porch swings, music by the pool etc. Just a wonderful time. I didn' stay OP all the time but most of the time and with all the walking on the beach and swimming, I still lost. Glad to be back and talking to my SB buddies.

Below is my motivational thoughts for this Motivational Monday! I need this since I have to go back to work today

Improve Your Attitude

"Whether you think you can or you
think you can't....you are right -"

- Henery Ford - pg.7

Find ways to become more optimistic. The subconscious mind is an amazing tool, learn how to use it. It works hard behind the scenes to make sure our perceived reality comes true. If we constantly see things in a negative or pessimistic light, the subconscious excepts that as reality and goes about making our low expectations come true. Likewise, if we always expect things to work out or to be successful, the subconscious will work just as hard controlling our actions behind the scenes, to make those positive expectations come true.

A poor attitude or low expectations is just a bad habit. Change the habit. The first step is accepting the fact that you want to make a change. Put A little determination behind it. Refuse to allow negative thought to dwell in your conscious mind. Replace negative thought with a Positive Motivational Quote. Find one that is appropriate and preferably short enough to easily memorize. Next, the instant you feel a negative thought enter you mind, recite the quote to yourself. You’ll be amazed how well this works. Finally, make an extra effort to find good and hope in ever situation. If you aren’t looking for it you definitely won’t find it.

Anna
222/177/140
Old 07-21-2003, 08:41 AM   #7  

Skillet upside-down Pizza

10 1/2" skillet or casserole dish

1/2 pound sausage
1 medium onion, diced
1 medium pepper, diced

Sprinkle a little salt in iron skillet and cook above ingredients breaking up
sausage, 5 minutes. Add 1 pound ground round. Cook til no longer pink.
Remove from heat,(I drained mine in the colander then put back into skillet,
add 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp basil and 1 1/2 cups of your favorite tomato
pasta sauce. Sprinkle with 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese.

Crust:

2 large eggs
1 cup milk
1 tbsp oil
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 c ww flour

mix all and pour over meat and cheese in skillet. Sprinle with 1/4 cup
shredded Parmesan cheese. Bake 400 degrees for 25 minutes. (let set before
cutting about 5-10 minutes) Makes 6 nice size servings.
Old 07-21-2003, 09:03 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good morning

Thanks for getting the board up this morning Rosalie.

Toni...the upside down pizza sounds yummy.

The kids are playing instead of doing school. I can tell this morning is going to be a challenge. My oldest is visiting so that's a treat. It's been a while since he was at home. I'm hoping to walk this evening and get back into a routine. It's so hard once you get out.

Hope everyone has a super week.

Love,
Crystle
Old 07-21-2003, 09:26 AM   #9  

Good Morning, I received my book and read it over the weekend, now I have questions. First, I really didn't find guidelines in the book, I'm sort of the type that would like to have things spelled out in some guideline. Is this correct, two fruits per day (eaten before meals or two hrs after meals) 2/3 serv of whole grain bread or pasta. One plate servings, no seconds on anything. Only concern with sugar is added sugar and nothing more than 3 grams per serving. Help me folks, I'm just not getting it yet. Is there a chapter that SPELLS this out that I need to re-read? I have to admit that I was pretty sleepy while reading and when I finished I thought, this can't be all of it.

Thanks,
~Semo
Old 07-21-2003, 10:39 AM   #10  
LadyV

Height: 5'0"

Hello all. I have a ton of questions, but I'll try to limit myself and not bombard you guys. I am going to buy the shopping book today but I can't afford the SB book and the library is hopeless as it is forever checked out. Aaaaaaaanyway

Am I to do low fat instead of the butter and real mayo as I was doing on Atkins? What's the limit on fake sweeteners? What about Atkins recipes, can I still eat them? I am reading everything I can find.....
Thank you for your help!
Old 07-21-2003, 11:20 AM   #11  

LadyV, I'm just coming off Atkins too, and I'm scared to death that I'll start gaining. I have this site for you to check out, perhaps it will be helpful to you.

http://groups.msn.com/SugarBustersRe...icconcept.msnw

edited to add this one- (It's better)

www.prettyimpressivestuff.com/sugarbusters/

Last edited by SEMO; 07-21-2003 at 11:29 AM.
Old 07-21-2003, 11:25 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Monday Morning.

It was a very busy weekend. Party Saturday all day and night and SUnday we went out on a friend's boat.

Work is so wild that I probably won't be on here much this week.
I have to try to get ready for vacation sometime.

Rosalie, Thanks for starting the boards for us. You are a doll.

Toni, thanks for the recipe. Might try it this week.

Beachfan, glad you had a nice vacation and you are back safe and sound. WTG on losing.

SEMO, you sound like you have it. If you will go to sugarbusters.com and on their support board they have newbie tips. This is tips and the plan in a nutshell. Vey helpful.

Lady Vatrovia, see my post to Semo above for the tips. I'm from Lou too. I use real butter and real mayo. Welcome to our board.

Angehaley. See my post to semo about the tips. I'm with Toni, the aspartame can cause suagr cravings. But once and awhile won't hurt. Starchy carbs are 2-3 daily (ww bread, ww pastas, brown rice, cereal, etc.)

My lunch today is chicken hot wings and an apple.

Jackie
Old 07-21-2003, 11:34 AM   #13  

THE RESULTS ARE IN.....

I met with the personal trainer this morning for my complimentary sessions, and here are the results on the measurements. My last weight & measurements were taken on 3/12/03, so this is pretty much a 4-month stat:

March July
Weight 145.8/ 126.5
Chest/Bust 39"/ 37"
Waist/Obliques 32.5/ 29.5
Abdominals 36.5/ 35
Hips 38.5/ 35.75
Thighs 20.5/ 20
Calves 13.5/ 13.25
Arms 11.25/ 10.5

So overall, I have lost about 11 inches. For sake of simplicity, they only measured one side both times. But, I can't complain!

I have to take my oldest to swim lessons soon, so not much time, but here go a few replies:

Rosalie: How's the cobbler turn out? Sounds yummy; have you posted the recipe?

Nurse: Sorry to hear about your miscarriages; it is a very tough loss to take. I had a miscarriage between my two girls, and it was really tough on me. I did decide to get serious about getting back into shape, and once I had lost some weight and started toning up, voila...I was pregnant, and did have a healthy pregnancy. Good luck to you!

Gator: Welcome back. I hope your dad is home soon. I did stumble across Rissa's site, and what a wealth of info.

Beachfan: Way to keep the weight off while on vacation!

SEMO: Sounds like you've got it in a nutshell. Just stick to what you know and you'll do fine. I stick to the 3g sugar rule -vs- the new 5g rule.

LadyV: Check out www.prettyimpressivestuff.com if you can't afford to get the book. She has more info than even the Sugarbusters site. The ladies here will also be helpful to you.

Gotta run; the baby is crying!!!

Last edited by Pancho; 07-21-2003 at 11:38 AM.
Old 07-21-2003, 03:15 PM   #14  
LadyV

Height: 5'0"

Thank you all so much! This does seem like a very friendly place!
Jack-K I just got back from B&E Salvage Groceries, my favorite place in the world! Thye had a ton of the Mills Whole Wheat products for like $1.00 (flour, pancake mix)....I once bought all the SF Devinchi they had (7) bottles for .89 cents each!! They also had a lot of Triscuits crackers, for $1.50 so I bought a few boxes of them. I always shop there first and then what I can't find there, I go to Krogers. What they have changes all the time as it is a salvage store...its an awesome find!
Old 07-21-2003, 03:43 PM   #15  

Good afternoon all-- Didn't have a chance to get on this weekend, but was still OP. Those darn cramps had me down a couple of days, but am okay now. Don't get them too often, Thank God!!

Brant had a Bull Bash on Saturday night, so went over there after our usual Saturday Pot Luck. Wasn't really that good. I think it was just too hot. Those poor bulls were out in 100 degree weather all day. They would start out bucking, and then just stop and rest. They were too pooped to do much. But he got bucked off anyway!!

I didn't take cobbler, because Dh got into it before Saturday. But took a Pizza Quiche instead. Had the recipe from my PP days, but used FF milk instead of cream and egg beaters instead of eggs. Still had quite a bit of fat, but not as bad as it could have been.

Rosalie-- A big thanks for starting our board this morning. Don't know what we all would do without it!!

Beach-- Glad you had a great time and are all rested up and happy!! Way to go on the loss, that is hard to do on vacation, whoo hoo!!

Toni-- That sounds fantastic!! I have printed this one off to use this week! Thanks.

Country-- Enjoy your visit with your oldest son. I sure wish I got to see my boys more often. One is on a processing boat in Alaska, and haven't seen him since Dec. 2002, and the other is fairly close, but summer time is his rodeoing time so his weekend are always filled up with traveling and bullriding.

Semo-- Welcome to SB! Sounds like you got it. There really isn't much to the book. And I guess there really doesn't have to be, it works!!

Lady-- Yes, you do need to watch your fat now. Anytime you start increasing the carbs, you need to cut the fat! But I think butter is still prefered over margarine. Because of the partially hydrogenated oils. I still use alot of my PP recipes, I just SB them. I use FF milk, egg beaters, and 100% WW flour, or what ever else I need to, to make them legal. I don't know of a limit on the sweetners, I just use as little as possible. I use Splenda for now. Most of these gals use an Agave Nectar. I haven't ordered any yet, but I am planning on it. Good luck to you, and this really is a great WOE.

Jack-k-- If we don't hear much from you, have a great time on your vacation!! We will miss you.

Pancho-- FANTASTIC....WOW.....AWESOME!!! That is alot of inches in four months. Congratulations!!
Closed Thread