Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: From the list below, which salad dressing would you pick if only given these choices?
Caesar 4 12.90%
Ranch 5 16.13%
French 1 3.23%
Thousand Island 0 0%
Blue Cheese 9 29.03%
Italian 1 3.23%
Vinegarette 4 12.90%
Honey Mustard 2 6.45%
Creamy Garlic 2 6.45%
Oil &/or Vinegar 3 9.68%
None, I'd eat it plain 0 0%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 07:08 AM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Post Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 6/16-6/22

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-THURSDAY RECIPE DAY
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=28505

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Old 06-16-2003, 07:11 AM   #2  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Will post my usual morning post sometime later, but wanted to make sure I got our
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM, there's 2 of them to read today:

KEEP GOING

When you've achieved success, keep going. The worst thing you can do with an accomplishment is to let it stop you. When you've experienced failure, keep going. You've learned what doesn't work and that is a valuable part of discovering what does work.When you feel discouraged and disappointed, keep going. Your persistent efforts and your actions will greatly boost your confidence. When you feel like you're on top of the world, keep going. Make use of what you've achieved to create even more value for your world.

When you can't decide what to do, pick one of the alternatives and keep going. By taking action, you'll know soon enough whether or not you're headed in the right direction.

Every day life is injected with a fresh dose of wonder and opportunity. The way to experience the best of it is to face confidently ahead and keep going.

-- Ralph Marston
LOOK FORWARD

When there's something positive you're looking forward to, it's difficult for anything to get you down. Think, for example, how great you can feel on the day before an eagerly awaited vacation trip.

When you see yourself moving toward something desirable, the difficulties along the way become much easier to bear. When there is something to which you can eagerly look forward, you will indeed move quickly forward.

Positive, meaningful goals are powerful in one sense because they provide a clearly defined direction to follow. Yet they're also powerful because they provide a bright, shining light at the end of a tunnel that can often be dark and forbidding.

What are you looking forward to right now? Is there something compelling and delightful that is pulling you ahead?

It takes no money or other resources to create a meaningful, compelling dream, whether it covers a day or a lifetime. Find something you can truly look forward to, and let it keep you moving.

-- Ralph Marston

Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/1??/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 06-16-2003, 07:32 AM   #3  
"I'm working on it!"

Default Good Monday Morning

I'm just popping in again. I think it helps to keep me accountable to at least come here and touch base.

As usual, DEB has posted GREAT MM pieces. I like the "Keep Going" one because that's how I feel right now. I've done my exercise program for 2 weeks now (after restarting). I missed yesterday, but in my mind, even before coming here, I knew I had to "Keep Going". Just because I stumbled a little is no reason to give up. In fact, I plan on doing 2 workouts today. I know I've thought about doing that before, but I know my schedule today and it will be attainable.

I''m keeping track of my workouts on a calander page and it's great to see ALL those days marked--It makes me feel good that I've accomplished something. I guess that takes me to DEB's second MM: "Look Forward". That good feeling I have makes me want to "Look Forward" to the healthier me.

Eating has been pretty good. I had my biggest lapse on Saturday. We were at a pool party and I brought a cake for the 5 people there that will be/have celebrating their 40th this year. I had 2 small pieces. There were bowls of chips and dip, salsa and chips, but they didn't tempt me too much. I did have a few, but I mostly kept to the fruit and veggie platters. I had a good dinner too--a bit of steak, a bit of salmon, some lettuce salad and some bean salad. I did have 2 drinks tho, but I only do that every once in a while.

WELCOME--to all the new people on board. There seems to be quite a few. This is a GREAT place to come, such wonderful people here to help you out. Even if you can only pop in once in a while (like me!) or come several times a day.

I remember seeing a little while back that SEF hadn't been on board in a while and that she had had a fall. Has anyone been able to get in touch with her? Did I miss something?

I gotta go. Just remember "LOOK FORWARD"! Don't worry about the slip ups that have happened. They are behind you. Look ahead at how well you are going to do.

Bye for now!

Last edited by Zanne; 06-16-2003 at 07:34 AM.
Old 06-16-2003, 08:24 AM   #4  

Default Nuts

Does anyone eat nuts? How much do you eat? I wonder if they are hindering my weight loss. Any ideas on something else easy to grab and munch on? Don't say veggies. I have them coming out of my ears!!!

Thanks
Old 06-16-2003, 09:06 AM   #5  

Default I'm a loser baby.......

I feel discustiong. I ate like a pig the whole time I was camping. Everything was pretty legal, until yesterday. I dug into a mondo size piece of German Chocolate Cake. I felt sick all day from it!!. I'm so disappointed in myself!!!

But today is a new day. I am going to try to post everything I eat all week, just to keep my behind in gear. I'm really afraid of WIW!!!!

Gotta get going. I'm going to walk with Selah.
Old 06-16-2003, 09:07 AM   #6  

And I still can't type...........
Old 06-16-2003, 10:29 AM   #7  

Wondering...if you take the majority of the no-carb teachings from Atkins and incorporate an ongoing weight loss or a maintenance from Sugar Busters will that work?

I'm looking for a plan that will help me keep off the 10 pounds I want to lose. I think I'm going to go ahead and stick with Atkins for the initial loss, but I'd sure like to be able to have a little pasta sometime and NOT feel like I just blew all my efforts.

Have any of you heard about the South Beach Diet? I am wondering if that's the mix of the two (I have the SB book and Sugar Busters should be at my house any day now). The principal there is the good carb vs. bad carb and they have a glycemic index, which I thought I heard something about with Sugar Busters.

I know I'll probably understand a lot more once I get the book, but I just have tons of questions NOW and have no patience. : )

Does Sugar Busters allow any red wine drinking?
Old 06-16-2003, 10:42 AM   #8  
Little Engine That Could

Good Monday morning all you losers. Hope th week is good to you and that you lose at least 2 pounds in the next 7 days.

I got my walking in already. Yea for me! I did 3 miles and was finished by 9, so that meant I was out the door by 8. Any later than that and it is too hot. Breakfast this morning was 2 glasses of herbal tea, 5 oz. organic hamburger patty with a bit of cheddar cheese melted on top, green beans with almonds, 2 slices tomato and a small salad. Weird, huh?

Onmyweigh, nuts are OK as long as you keep it under control. They are calorie dense, so a lot of them will add calories quickly.

I don't know much about the South Beach diet, so can't speak to that.

BOB, that particular screen saver is not on the GatorZone site, but I did see there a count down clock. I tried to get it to download, even though it was not part of their downloads, but it wouldn't.
Old 06-16-2003, 11:38 AM   #9  
Little Engine That Could

Charlie's--I checked out the South Beach Diet online, and it looked pretty much the same to me, except that SB allows more complex carbs to start. It does not forego all grains the first two weeks. But it certainly uses the GI list.
Old 06-16-2003, 12:14 PM   #10  
Wannabe skinny babe

Default Back from weekend away...

HI everyone,

Spent most of the weekend away with DH and the doggie. We did some hiking, some sightseeing, and I ate way too much - well, at least as much as I can eat these days.

I'm working on being back OP today, which isn't easy as I left my lunch at home. Grr! I had 5 strawberries blended in 1 cup of skim milk for breakfast. Kind of a smoothie without the ice. It sounded good, but my stomach was complaining. It does that a lot these days.

So far things are going well. I will bite the bullet and hop on the scale this WIW. It's funny, things seem to go in spurts. I feel fine for a few days and able to eat normally, then I am exhausted and my appetite goes to zero. Is that related to the baby developing?

At any rate, I have tuna salad with carrot and celery sticks scheduled for lunch, and an apple for later. Wish me luck! I am very prone to food suggestions (gee, I wonder why?? ) so if someone mentions XXX food, all of a sudden I *need* to have it. I did that with Taco Bell on Friday, and boy did I regret it. Those taco supremes stayed with me until well after dinnertime, and not in a good way!

Talk to you all later!

Jenn
Old 06-16-2003, 12:26 PM   #11  

GATOR

Send me your latest email address and I'll forward it to you...that is if I can still get it to come up...

BOB
Old 06-16-2003, 12:43 PM   #12  

Angry Good Monday Morning Ladies

I hope everyone' s weekend was good. Mine was busy and I think I did rather well. I did not indulge in any illegal foods after my no-no lunch on Friday. Although Sataurday I did have sweet potatoes for lunch and dinner but besides that nothing illegal! I mean wouldn't it be great if we lost just for passing up stuff. Like I think I did rather well yesterday at a bbq. I did not have bread nor dessert. I really only ate some crawfish and sausage and water! Go figure.

Deb: The picture I posted was in December I was about 4 weeks pregnant We were on a horse and buggy ride in New Orleans through something they call Christmas in the Oaks its in City Park. Yes, I really think my hubby is a cutie too! Well most of my weight is on my bottom! I wear small shirts and size 10 pants, so I really don't balance well. This is bascially the reason for my goal. Which I know exercise will have alot to do with it too I will get started today, yes TODAY! (talking myself into it now)

Amhlawyer: Got your message and would love a partner, I sent you a PM!

Well, not to be too personal ladies, Next week is my fertile Time. Wish me luck. I got my dad to put together our crib on Saturday, it is so beautiful. Now I can just sit in the glider and dream. It seems so peaceful in there.

Well here goes potential food log for today:

AM: 1 slice sf bread, 2 eggs and milk
snack: few nuts/water
Lunch: Chicken & beans
Snack: ?
Dinner: Chicken and Green beans perhaps some sweet potatoe/decaf tea

Also, I think everyone will be proud, I hid my scale. Well not actually I know where i put it but i told it out the bathroom into my closet. So I will only weigh once a week, rather than 2 times a day

Okay gals, see ya!
Old 06-16-2003, 01:04 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies.

Well if it wasn't nailed down, I ate it over the weekend. Friday at the picnic the guys were making strawberry dacquiaries (sp). My downfall. So I had a few and more on Saturday night. Then that was the green light to eat anything and everything. I ate anything I had ever missed. Even bought a bag of cheese puffs (family size no snack size) and ate the whole bag in 2 days.

My pants are so tight today. I just keep thinking I deserve to be miserable. THe scale was up 4 lbs. I deserve that too. How bad I was just keeps preying on my mind. I wouldn't even let myself have a snack today.

Exercise will be plentiful this week. I am determined.

Didn't have time to go back and read last weeks posts that I missed since Friday. So I am starting new today.

Zanne, I love seeing how excited you are with your exercising. What a good idea to mark off the days on the calendar.

Talitha, you can walk off that piece of cake by WIW. Don't beat yourself up.

Charlies angle. SB is something you can do for the long haul where Atkins is not. I'm not familiar with South Beach Diet. But this one works great,

Gator, you are doing great getting your walking in. Strange breakfast, but whatever floats your boat.

Jenn, you are fighting hormones. That is hard to do. Weekends are so hard. We need to find a way to get through them.

Tonya, good luck on your fertile time. At least have fun trying.

Probably won't be back today. We are refinancing our house and the closing is at 3:00.

Have a great OP Day.

Jackie
Old 06-16-2003, 01:07 PM   #14  

Default yogurt

Hi everyone--
Sorry to ask so many questions, but I am a newbie. I do have the newer version of sb, but it doesn't seem to answer my specific questions. I bought Light n Fit Dannon yogurt today. Sugar is NOT listed in the ingredients, but fructose syrup is. Also, there are 10g of sugar in it! Is this okay b/c there is no added sugar or not! I'm soooo confused! Also, how many nuts are okay a day? I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. I want to lose 2 lbs a week. THanks--
Old 06-16-2003, 01:50 PM   #15  

Hello to everyone!

Zanne: Good to see your post…it was inspirational to me at a time that I need encouragement. Thanks

Onmyweigh: I just love nuts and eat whole almonds mostly. I understand that they are very good for you but have high fat and thus calories. Can you weigh out a portion and be happy with the amount? Sometimes I weigh out the first and then go back for more…not good.

Talitha: It sounds like you have already paid for the German Chocolate Cake by not feeling well. Okay, onward and upward from that.

Charlie’s Angel: That is interesting about the South Beach Diet. I will need to investigate it.

Gatorgal: I am for losing 2 pounds in the next 7 days!!!! Actually, I am working at it a bit harder this week and I hope I am rewarded by a loss. It seems since the operation, my body is trying to hold on or increase it’s weight. I will win, however! Thanks for looking up information about the South Beach Diet that Charlie’s Angel mentioned. Do you think it is anything like Suzanne Somer’s book?

Jenn: Hi. The weekend sounded like you had fun with the hiking and sightseeing. Maybe it offset the eating.

Bob: I would love to share some of this rain. It is keeping me out of my garden but the weeds seem to be very happy about it. When you finally get to pass this way, you will see the beautiful results of all this rain.

Debbie: If you don’t want to make the Apricot Preserves…maybe I can entice you to trade some for avocados….HA!

Jack-K: WOW! When you go off program, you really go off program. Now that that is over, it sounds like you are ready to right the wrongs and I bet you very quickly take that four pounds off. You deserve nice things to happen.
Closed Thread