Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: When it comes to wearing jewelry, which do you tend to wear most?
Yellow Gold 20 62.50%
White Gold 6 18.75%
Platinum 1 3.13%
Silver 2 6.25%
Costume 1 3.13%
Other 1 3.13%
I don't wear any jewelry 1 3.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2003, 11:24 PM   #91  

Default Thursday..

Well, the weather has kept m efrom walking for 3 days straight now. It seems that the only time it isn't raining is when I am in a meeting, or have something planned so I can't get out. I wish I at least had some corney work our video to do...

Selah has suddenly decided that she doesn't like going to sleep at night. She has been sleeping 10-12 hours a night for a month, and usualloy goes right to sleep when I put her in her crib. She cried from 9-10:45 tonight. I'm so not looking forward to this if it's a new stage. I go in every 15 minutes to rock her enough to settle down. but the second she hits the crib her lungs take over. We'll see how long that lasts. She's never cried allot so I shouldn't complain, and I'm sure she's teething. She's almost 5 months old.

There seems to be lots of tattoo talk starting. Anyone up for a pact to get a new one when we get to our goals and keep it for 3 months? I think that's what I want to do....

So, Travis came home from work and said. "You know, I'm actually getting excited bout this diet. I'm enjoying it" I've been packing his lunch and snacks every day.He's even showing it off to the other guys at work because I'm the only wife who does it in his department. He works at Home Depot headquarters as a contractor. We went to his mom's house for dinner last night. She had homemade fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn on the cob and ice cream cake. We took our own brown rice that I cooked before hand and green beans and a salad. Al we ate of hers was teh fried chicken without the skin. His whole family is very overweight and thinks I'm forcing him on this WOE, but he was talking about it so much at dinner, that they realized that he is into it, too. Not that She says anything bad about me anymore. She used to reaqlly hate me, but once I had her grandchild, I think she would do anything to keep me happy so that we will visit more!

Laurie- Up one lb is nothing. Don't beat yourself up. You can do better this week!

Monet- Yeah the weather has stunk, huh? Fazouli's can be evil. It's their fault for having bad stuff, right? Your soup sounded awesome. maybe I'll try that some time!!

Colleen- Your garden sounds so awesome! I tend to kill anyting I touch, and our back yard is a jungle anyway. I would love to have a veggie garden!!

Jenn- You are a better woman than I am. I don't know if I could resist the snickers. SOmeone should make whole wheat pretzels!!

Fillise- What do you do at your church?

Lyn- We went to my in-laws for dinner this week. Trav's mom tought him that the only vegetables worth eating were corn, potatoes, rice and maybe green beans or peas if they are canned, overcooked, and drowning in butter. I was so proud last year when we went to a family dinner and she saw me making a salad for him. She said " Travis doesn't like salad' and I said "yes he does if you know what to put in it. It has taken me 3 years to get him to the point where he will try new things and eat vegetables. He loves it!! He's enjoying htis new WOE even more than I am, because I wasn't really pushing him until HE decided he wanted to do this, too.

Anyway, I haven't exercised, but have done my water quota every day, I'm OP as far as I know, and I feel great.

Oh, and Trav wants everyone to know that he met his water qouta for the first time today and he plans to keep it up

Have a great night and sleep well!!
Old 05-16-2003, 01:31 AM   #92  

Hi everyone,

Sorry I have been MIA. Spring Semester has started and I have not had time to get on the computer to get my e-mail or read posts. I had 100 new e-mails. I am sooooo tired. Had my first quiz today. Not too sure about it.

Everything is going well. Eating is ok. I ate too much tonight though (SB legal).

I'm sleeping late in the morning Everyone have a great day tomorrow.

Sheanne
Old 05-16-2003, 02:04 AM   #93  

Well ladies, as usual it is late again. I just don't seem to be able to get here too early. And being in the Pacific Northwest, I am three hours behind most of you!!

Jack-k-- We don't have a problem with rabbits here.....we had to put up a six foot fence to keep the deer out. Dh put the cedar post in last fall, and thanks to my brother, one uncle, and a good friend of Dh, they came over while he was having his back trouble, and got the wire up! We haven't gotten the drive in gate up, but will do that as soon as Ted is able. I love not having to buy veggies at the store! Just wish my garden would last through the high priced winter season!!! lol.

Country-- Welcome home. Glad you had a wonderful time with your Mom.

Jenn--Way to go girl...that took a lot of will power, and YOU DID IT! (Snickers were my favorite candy bar. Still drool when I see the commercials.)

Yellowrose-- We can definitely compare notes....just so you know.... this is my first year for most of this stuff. Had tomatoes, cucumbers, and cabbage only last year. But I am soooo looking forward to these veggies!!

Rosalie-- Grab a salt shaker and come on over!! We can sit a spell, and munch on a fresh tomato!! That sounds so yummy right now, since none of the tomatoes in the store have any flavor!!

BOB-- Hang in there, Monday will be here soon. There is nothing that says you are a weenie, just in alot of pain!!

Okay, I am going to take the big plunge here and post some pictures.....today is my second year anniversary. I started with Protein Power and lost 81 pounds. I plateau'ed for six months and then started SB in March. I have lost 9 pounds more since joining this great group. It is not coming off fast....which is totally okay by me. The health benefits alone are worth it!! The weight loss is just an added benefit!!

This was taken on my sister's front porch. My hair was down past my bottom, but is pulled back so it doesn't look like I have any. lol.

This was taken this morning, just got the new doo!

Thanks to all of you for the friendship and support. I don't think I could have hung in there without you!!
Old 05-16-2003, 08:17 AM   #94  

Default Phriday Phunnies....

Morning! Thought I would post a few....

Little Tommy goes into the confessional and begins, "Bless me Father, for I have sinned. I was with a loose woman."

"Tell me, Tommy," Father McBride says through the screen kindly, "who is this young lady?"

"I'd rather not say, Father."

"I'm going to find out one way or another, so you might as well tell me. Was it Maureen McGillicuddy?"

"Father, I really don't think I should say..."

"Was it Ellen Smith?"

"Father, please, I'm not sure I should tell you."

"Was it Bonnie Heywood?"

"Father, my lips are sealed."

"Very well then, Tommy. I'll give you absolution, but I'm very
disappointed in your silence, and I'm afraid that as your penance, I cannot allow you to serve as altar boy for two months."

"Yes, Father."

When Tommy leaves the confessional, he is greeted by his friend Billy, who is waiting in line. "So, how did it go, Tommy?" Billy asks.

"Excellent," Tommy replies excitedly. "I got a two month vacation and three good leads."
Old 05-16-2003, 08:19 AM   #95  

Don't think I have posted this one, but if I have, forgive me and hope you get a second laugh....

PRAYER FOR WOMAN

Dear Lord I pray

For wisdom to understand my man

Love to forgive him

Patience for his moods

Because Lord if I pray for Strength

I'll beat him to death
Old 05-16-2003, 08:28 AM   #96  

Its foggy here today, and looks like rain again. I am expecting a friend for breakfast. I wish I could convince her to do SB. She is frustrated over her weight, but due to what I am sure is an undiagnosed thyroid problem, she can't seem to lose anything.

Yesterday, I made it through the day with no cheats. I ate too many starchy carbs, but I can deal with that. The headaches and digestive problems are clearing up, from detoxing the sugars I am sure. Now if I can just keep telling myself how lousy I felt when off program, I may just learn something from this experience!

TALITHA: I know what you mean about the weather... Lake Lanier was two feet over the normal level, for the first time in years. I guess that is good. I hated having to worry about the drought...but gee, I wish the sun would come out some! That is so great that your hubby is pleased with being on SB! My doctor recommended it to my husband for his cholesterol and triglycerides. He is so self disciplined, it is a real encouragement to me! I can hardly cheat when he is being so saintly!

TEENSY: Thank you for posting the pictures! I love having a face to go with the name! You look great! Like a different person! I envy you the garden! Tom has been digging an area out, but my SIL was supposed to help and has done virtually nothing. SO all I have for a garden right now is a big hole in the ground! Once he gets it dug the way he wants it, he is planning on bringing in a truck load of good soil.
Old 05-16-2003, 09:07 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

TGIF. It was a quick week, but glad it is almost over.

Got in my 2 1/2 mile walk last night. Could work ut though. My RA must be flarring. As I hurt all over. Didn't sleep well last night I hurt so bad. My knees are killing me today and arms seem so heavy. I go back to the Dr next week and she wants me to consider giving myself shots in lieu of the meds am I taking now. Shot really don't bother me, I guess I could earn to do it myself. Need to red up on it and give it some serious consideration. I guess I fooled myself when I lost all this wt and thought I was in remission and could cut back on my meds. Oh well.

Did get in about 96 oz of water yesterday.

Bob, so sorry you are feeling so bad. I can't imagine hurting like that for so long.

Monet, at least you are in the right frame of mind. I'm sure you will be all geared up to be OP by Monday or sooner. WTG on making yesterday OP day.

Heartmom, I know what you mean, I'm sick of the 150's myself and staying the same forever. But I know it's up to me to get to the next new set of numbers. Let's do it together. Bummer about the softball team. But I don't blame you one bit.

Talitha, Snyder makes an oat bran pretzel that is pretty good. But have to count them as a starcy carb. Glad DH is enjoying this WOE. I was really excited about it too when I started and still am. It was almost fun. I hope Selah doesn't have an ear infection or something else starting. Probably teething.

Sheanne, get some rest and pop in when you can.

Teensy, the pics are unbelievable. You don't even look like the same person. And at least 10-15 years younger. WTG

Deb, so far I'm hanging in there will all three challenges.

Have a great OP day.

Jackie
Old 05-16-2003, 09:21 AM   #98  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good morning!

It's going to be another hot day. I think we are headed into a record breaking summer. We are already down 6 inches of rain. I'm debating on walking on the treadmill this morning. I mowed for my exercise yesterday. Let me just tell ya, the ditch had grown about 2 1/2 3 foot tall. My heart was justa racin'. Jess helped with the last little bit. He was so sweet. He kept saying Moma...you are gonna hurt yourself. At least the bottom part of the front yard wasn't so bad. Only about 1/4 of the yard is done so we have plenty more to tackle. Earlier in the day I frosted my daughters hair. It came out so nice. It's a very natual looking shade of blonde.

Eating could have been better but over all not too bad. Water consumption was fine. It's so hot drinking is not a problem.

Colleen...thanks for sharing the photos. It's amazing how different you look. Beautiful in both photos....the new hair cut is very nice.

Heartmom....you will wake up one day and be out of the 190's. You are doing so well with your weight loss.

Monet....would love to take some of that rain off your hands. WTG with no cheats. I found a new triscuit...cheese...Yum...I just remembered they are in there. It's a trick not to eat too many of those puppies. Once I stick my hand in the bag it's all she wrote.

Sheanne....I bet you did just great on your quiz. Those emails can add up quick. I came home to 1100 and just couldn't get them read. I had to delete the vast majority. I hate when I have to do that.

Talitha....It is so cool that your husband likes this way of eating. The big joke around here is I (Robert) would eat this way if I could still have this and have that...LOL He is very supportive of me but there is no way he would eat this way. If your little one is teething it may make her ears feel funny. That may be one reason she doesn't want to lay down.

Bob....sure wish they could figure out how to make you feel better. It's very tiring to be in continual pain. Praying for a solution soon.

Jack-K...thanks for the welcome back. I thought about you at mom's. She knows that you got me jump started back on track with losing because of your encouragment. Mom is doing better with the fact that I am close to goal but she really wishes I would stop losing. She is using the old "did you know you look older when you get to thin" trick. I tell her that's okay ma, I'll be okay...hehe

Rosalie...Susan..((hugzz)) thanks for the welcome back.

I'm sitting here drooling over those triscuits in the cabinet...sooo I guess I'll go get one before I ended up eating the whole box. I am bad.

Love,
Crystle

235/149/140-135
Old 05-16-2003, 10:32 AM   #99  
Goddess

Thumbs down Good Friday morning!

Morning all!

Another dreary day here in East Alabama--sigh. At least it cleared off in time to see the eclipse last night. I stood on my front porch and watched it.

This weekend will be busy as I am planning a cookout for all my youth groups and a baby shower for my Sr. High Youth Directors. Oh yes--did I also mention it is graduation Sunday? In my church everything all happens on the same day! Anyway, once I get through this weekend, then I get to turn full attention to VBS!

Jane--When you build up 3 OP days you get some momentum going that you become less and less willing to break! So keep it going!

YellowRose--Good luck with your move! I hope you and Monet have fun--I live 90 minutes away and am still trying to get up there to meet her!

Marie--Thanks for the good wishes. I'll let you know what happens and what I decide. I hope everything went well at the dentist--you have my sympathies!

Jackie--Montgomery is about a 50 minute drive--so it's not bad. I'd like to continue living in Auburn. In fact there are a lot of folks that live in Auburn and commute to Montgomery because out schools are so much better. I'm driving down there once or twice a week now anyway and I think once I get through the first year I can work out a schedule that only has me teaching two or three days a week.

BOB--Hang in there till Monday! The Auburn family is very sad this morning as the play-by-play announcer for Auurn football died suddenly yesterday. He was only 57 and was famous for his unique "Touchdown Auburn" announcements. Football season won't be the same without him.

Monet--YES! The rain is getting old! I'd love to be able to enjoy my little terrace this weekend--for a change! And yes, I get very critical reading books. It's okay--even expected!

Heartmom--You GO girl! I remember when you were sick of being on the other side of 200--and the scale finally dropped--it will this time too!

Talitha--I'm the Director of Christian Education. It's a part-time position that I do in addition to my consulting work. My church is a mid-sized church and they really need someone full time to do this job, but for now it is me.

Sheanne--Hope you did well on your quiz!

Teensy--You look great! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Crystle--1100 emails?????? You need to get a spam blocker program! Earthlink has a spaminator that catches most spam--although a few slip through. I'm thinking about putting another one on top of it--also a personal firewall.

Belle has just climbed onto my lap for her morning snuggle. She is purring extra loud today!

Have a good OP day everyone!

Susan
Old 05-16-2003, 01:55 PM   #100  

Default I am still among the living!!!!

Hey How are all of you doing???? I know it has been forever since I posted. I promised Deb a month ago that I would post and still haven’t got to it. Life is very busy here on the West Coast. Working for the Government can be a busy event, but today it is slow and is allowing me some time to write.

My family has grown by three since I last wrote. My Son and his wife had twins on Christmas Eve. A boy and girl, Noah and Kiah. They are growning up to fast. Then 28 days later my daughter has Joshua. I am not sure how to post pictures so I can show you all. They keep us busy. I am very blessed in that they all live here locally. Besides the three newest ones we have a 2 ½ year old little girl Lyla. She is so full of spunk. I wish that I ad half the energy she has.

http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/joshuaedwardjames/

http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/l/lylanicol/

I am maintaining my weight. If I would opt for the good stuff when I get a craving I would be better off for sure. I have decided that if I don’t gain any weight that is a good thing and if in the process I can loose some all the better.

I will try to write more often.
Old 05-16-2003, 02:03 PM   #101  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Sorry, this is going to be a quickie....

Just wanted to check in. I'm so pooped today, so pooped not only did I not go out and walk/jog, I didn't even go to yoga today - that should tell you all something, this is the first time I've missed a class since they started in January! I don't know why I'm so tired, guess the sporatic sleeping I've been having is catching up with me.

Have to go get MICHAEL and ALEX (call him son #2) at school in a few, have to go back later this evening, LAUREN is in a Thespian Showcase tonight, she's singing BE GOOD TO MAMA from Chicago. My DM is going with me.

Tomorrow, I have to have the boys at school by 5am I'm ready to go to sleep now and not wake up til tomorrow, but I can't Going to come home and hit the bed for a few when I get home though, otherwise I surely won't make it!!

Will do my best to check in at the earliest possible time!!!

Have a great weekend!

{{{{HUGS}}}}

Debbie
Old 05-16-2003, 03:48 PM   #102  

Hello to all:

I am on my way out the door to pick up my daughter from school, but had a quick question I wanted to post while I was thinking of it.

We are taking a two-week vacation at the end of June, and I plan to stay as much on plan as possible. I am going to buy some pitas, tortillas, diet-rite, etc...

MY QUESTION IS: Does anyone know of any good salad dressings that can be purchased in individual packages and do not need refrigeration? I know Hidden Valley Ranch has some, but I was looking for something with a little less fat in it. I would like to have some for when I eat/order salads out, since I don't know what is in other dresssings.

Any other ideas for "easy-to-take" travel foods?

Thanks for any input; it is truly appreciated!
Old 05-16-2003, 03:54 PM   #103  

Good Afternoon Everyone

Another wet day here. It has been raining all darn day. Lawn bowling is supposed to start tomorrow but we won't be doing much bowling unless there is a drastic change in the weather.

BOB - Sorry to hear that you are still in so much pain. Sending good thoughts your way.

Monet - You are not alone in being critical of the writing in a book. It happens to me too. A recent experience was with some books that I read that were English mysteries written by an American author. It was kind of weird but on the first page of the first book I read something just seemed odd in the writing. That was before I realised that the author was an American. She was using correct English expressions but some of them just seemed out of place to someone who was born and raised in the U.K. They were good books though and I have read them all. What book are you reading? Good FF's - loved the one in the confessional. WTG on getting through the day op. Just take it one day at a time. We know you can do it. Enjoy your visit with Lyn.

Talitha - That's great that your hubby is so gungo-ho about this diet. Who knows maybe some of his enthusiasm will rub off on his family. Hope the babe settles down soon. Probably teething. Have you tried some teething gel on her gums?

Teensybean - Great pictures but what a difference between the two of them. Hardly recognizable as the same person. I like the new hair-do. The slimmer you and new hair-do makes you look younger.

Jack-K - Sorry to hear you are in so much pain. Hope you get your meds sorted out and get some relief.

CountryMom - I can see you will have no trouble getting in all your exercise this week with all that mowing.

Fillise - Sounds like you have a busy weekend planned. Have fun.

Deb - Those kids do keep you busy but I am sure they appreciate what you do for them. Enjoy the show this evening and try to get that well deserved rest.

I'm sitting here listening to the music from Chicago. I really enjoyed that movie. Have a good weekend everyone.

Marie.
Old 05-16-2003, 04:43 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Gee I'm glad this day is over. Everything I've done today has either been screwed up or a big problem to deal with.

I'm off to the hospital to visit my friend. Then to watch some softball and volleyball games for the evening.

Gonna clean house tomorrow and go out to my DD's new house to make sure it is clean for their return home. Youngest stayed out there the first of the week and cleaned it up for her and did a load of wash. She will be surprised to come home to a clean house.

Country, You are so talented it amazes me. My DD's would never let me frost their hair. I keep forgetting to mention about the cheddar cheese triscuits. They are really good. I don't like the other ones hardly at all. I know what you mean about your mom. All my firends tell me not to lose any more. But I want to gt to goal.

Filise, I don't know how you do all you do. You wear me out just reading about it all. Ig uess 50 minutes isn't too bad. Some days it takes me 40 to get home.

Red1, Oh my gosh. How good to hear from you. How awesome about your new grandbabies. I can't wait to have some. I bet they are so much fun. Dropin when you can.

Deb, get some rest. Tell Lauren to "break a leg" tonight. I'm sure she will be wonderful.

Pancho, You can ususally be safe with blue cheese or ranch dressings ordered out. You could take cheese, nuts, triscuits, fruit, peanut butter.

Rosalie, It seems to be rainy everwhere. Hope it clears up your way so you can start lawn bowling. Have a great weekend.

Everyone have a great weekend. Remember we have only 2 days left of Deb's challenge to stay 100% OP. We can do it if we put our minds to it.

Jackie

257/153/145
10-10-01
Old 05-16-2003, 05:06 PM   #105  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

OMGISHSB......BTGIF!!!!aka: OH MY GAWD I'M STILL HURTING SO BAD....BUT THANK GAWD IT'S FRIDAY!!!!

Went for another PT treatment today, and my usual tech was off, but the one I had actually knew what I was talking about when I explained my pain! She really worked me over good then iced me down....MONDAY CAN'T COME FAST ENOUGH!!!!

TEENSY.....OH...MY...GAWD!!!! What a difference your pictures make! You look MAVALUS DAHLING!!!!!

JACKIE...Hoping Monday I get THE SHOT .....ANYTHING would be better than this!

CRYSTAL....thanks for the prayers...I really need them right now!

LAURIE....GOOD FOR YOU on the softball issue...

SUSAN....I'm getting you a skateboard for your birthday....You need extra speed for all that running you're doing!

EVERYONE....Can't sit here any longer, but I do want to give this weeks

MOVIE PICKS!!!

GHOST SHIP.....(heard it was actually good)
EMPERIOR'S CLUB
CATCH ME IF YOU CAN
PILOT'S WIFE

I'll let you all know....

BOB
Closed Thread