Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Typically, at what time do you wake up in the morning?
Before 5am 2 6.06%
5am-5:30am 1 3.03%
5:31am-6am 8 24.24%
6:01am-6:30am 7 21.21%
6:31am-7am 5 15.15%
7:01am-7:30am 1 3.03%
7:31am-8am 2 6.06%
8:01am-8:30am 2 6.06%
8:31am-9am 0 0%
After 9am 1 3.03%
Varies too greatly to choose one of the above 3 9.09%
None of the above. (if you work nights/midnight shifts, etc.) 1 3.03%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2003, 06:14 AM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Post Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 3/24-3/30

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-THURSDAY RECIPE DAY
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=25962

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Old 03-24-2003, 06:18 AM   #2  

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Will post my usual morning post sometime later, but wanted to make sure I got our
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM, there's 2 of them to read today:

JUST GET BACK UP

There's a powerful technique for success that's also very simple and accessible to everyone. It's something anyone can do, but something that far too few people actually practice.

It is simply to get back up quickly anytime you fall. Whatever may have happened to stop you or to distract you, just go on past it -- the sooner the better -- and get back in the direction you were headed.

That sounds easy enough, and it is. Yet all too often, precious time and energy are wasted on anger, self pity, resentment, regrets and frustration. None of those things will provide any value to anyone. The thing to do is to just get back up and get going again, quickly and confidently.

And there's a bonus that comes along with practicing such a technique. When you know that you can quickly get back up, you're not afraid to fall. And when you're not afraid to fall, you'll be much more willing to take on the difficult challenges that will create real value for yourself and others. Be willing to just get back up and by so doing you can go wherever you desire.

-- Ralph Marston

WHAT YOU EXPECT

Don't lower your expectations to get them into agreement with your reality. Instead, lift up your reality so that it meets the very best of your expectations.

It can be tempting to accept less from yourself than you're capable of achieving. But that does not do anyone any good. Your highest expectations are yours for a reason. They're yours because you know that, even though they present a challenge, you're capable of achieving them.

Your expectations send a strong message not only to yourself, but also to those around you. Let that message be a positive, confident and enthusiastic one.

When things don't turn out as expected, that's no reason to change your expectations. Rather than changing your expectations, the thing to do is to change your approach. There is a way to achieve precisely what you expect. Expect the best, stick with it, and you'll get there.

-- Ralph Marston
Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/1??/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 03-24-2003, 06:27 AM   #3  

We have 2 BIRTHDAYS TO CELEBRATE THIS WEEK!!!! Both on the same day!!!!

BETH & YELLOW ROSE are celebrating their birthday tomorrow, MARCH 25TH!!!

Old 03-24-2003, 07:02 AM   #4  
"I'm working on it!"

Default Good Monday Morning!

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

I've managed to stay down at 169, but we'll see what WIW has in store I went shopping on Saturday and bypassed the chip aisle again! DH is going thru withdrawl, I think! I had the munchies last night and sat down with 2 oranges (bought a box of 30! they're sooo good) and was still hungry, so I had a few triscuits with some homemade salsa. DH had the same and then kept eating the triscuits.

I survived our friend's birthday. He's not really a cake person, so his wife just bought mini-cupcakes. I had only one. She also put out nachos and I only had a few of those. I just kept my water glass full. That helped a lot. My habits are changing!

I'm "announcing" this here so I will keep accountable--I'm starting my fitness program today. I found something that really appealled to me in Muscle& Fitness Hers. It's cardio and weights. I can do the cardio on the elliptical and the weight program is very similar to what I was doing last summer(before taking a nosedive from the exercise wagon ). So if you don't see me posting on the exercise board, please, SOMEBODY give me kick in the hiney!

Somebody was asking about my eating olives and feta (QUILTER?). It's spicey black kalamata olives that I just eat when the mood strikes me (I get them from a "serve yourself" section at the grocery) and the feta I'm using on Greek salad (my fave). I also made WW crust pizza and put feta on 1/4 of it instead of the usual mozzerella. I didn't want to do the whole pizza that way in case the family didn't like it, but they did!

DEBELLI--Your MM "Just get back up" is very coincidental. That was the advice I gave to our newest member GRIN. I've been "getting back up" a lot lately. But I find that the faster I get back up, the smaller my falls are getting.

GRIN--Again, welcome to the board!

Well, gotta go get the day started. It's gonna be a busy one!
Old 03-24-2003, 08:19 AM   #5  

Happy Birthday to Beth and Yellowrose tomorrow!!!

I am being slammed with out of town company so have been absent from the board. I missed everyone over the weekend. A friend of mine flew me to Cincinnati to celebrate her inheritance -- had a reunion with 5 other friends from Ohio. I was only there for 24 hours. I ate SB legal stuff, but probably too many snacks, and too much wine. I thought of you Quilter. One of my sons is here from OHio too. I will be lurking, though, if not posting.

Zanne-will be looking for you on the Exercise Board. WTG on your choices at the birthday party!! I bet you felt so good when you woke up the next morning and realized you could do it. I have not been buying chips either. Not too many complaints from dh so far.
Old 03-24-2003, 10:08 AM   #6  

Good Monday Morning Everyone

Ahhhh, it's nice to be back to normal! Okay, let's not debate that one!

Just got in from my walk/jog. I wasn't going to go out and then realized the threat of rain was NOT a good excuse. It's windy out there, black clouds, BUT on a better note, it's no 93 degrees like it was on Saturday due to the empending rains AND it being black overcast. Also, with it being Monday and having a new resolve I just KNEW I had to get out there and start the week out right. Got my 4.5 miles in in 53:49-not too bad. Also, with a new week, and the start of another SB YEAR I broke in a new pair of sneaks I bought about 2 months ago and would you believe it, not a single blister!!!!!!!!! That's very unusual for me but boy, was I happy. If time permits later today I'm going to make a new music tape for when I go out.

As mentioned, a new resolve. The first MM message today is taken very personally. I gave myself a license to pig out this weekend. You'd think as I hit the 3 year mark I'd not do such a thing, but I did. Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm paying for it dearly and I knew I would when I decided to allow myself to do it, I'm bloated beyond recognition, my pants are tight, I'm definite the scale is up and my skin is itchy, but I'm not stressed over it, not upset, just decided I was going to do it, did it and today, back on track and starting another year on SB BTW, thanks for all the good anniversary wishes and esp. to COUNTRY for making such a nice banner for me!

Last week was one of the most hectic weeks I've had of late, esp. the weekend. I'm sorry I wasn't around to post as I usually do and truly hope this week will be a lot better. I don't have much time at this moment to go back through last weeks posts to reply to them all, but I did skim the boards when time was available. If I missed anything that anyone posted for me that was of importance would you please post it for me again, or e-mail it to me and I promise, I will reply to it promptly.

THIS WEEKS CHALLENGES: We continue on with our 3 day a week exercise challenge. Since this is the last week of the month I'm hoping we can increase this challenge in one way or another. Either making it 4 days or having everyone increase the time that they exercise-any thoughts? Also, our water challenge and getting in at least 64oz of water a day continues as well. I'm hoping after this week and having done this challenge for the month of March, this no longer will be a challenge but instead a small change in your every day life that you see benefits you in so many ways that you will continue doing. Has anyone stayed off the scale since last Wednesday and won't weigh til WIW this week? That was the challenge from last week. Okay, so, this weeks challenge is taken from last weeks poll. I have to admit, I seem to be the only soul that took the poll that usually has no veggies. I'm actually quite proud of everyone, it seems many of you are veggie eaters/lovers-unfortunately, I am not. With this, I'd like to challenge you all to post at least 2 days this week, the veggies you ate throughout the day. If you have a food scale, please post the ounces. If you measure a portion out, like in 1/2 cup servings, post it as such. I'm hoping to benefit from this challenge myself and get my veggie servings up as I rise to the challenge. Anyone up for it? Please remember, future challenges we have coming up with involve needing a cloth measuring tape as well as a food scale-any kind will do, doesn't have to be fancy.

I have yoga class today. Hopefully it won't be cancelled. One of the parent's who proctored for me is going to go, though I've never met her before, it will be nice to "know" someone there.

Hoping BOB & FILLISE to get meet up. Wish I could make the trip, so close yet still so far

ZANNE, wow, that's a huge box of oranges! ELI bought a case of FAVA BEANS yesterday, 30lbs worth. Good going on the eating habits changing!!! That's what I'm working on as well, even though I've made it to goal, I still have food issues I need to work on dealing with. We eat lots of olives and feta in our house as well. We figure as long as we have pita, chick pease, tahini, olives, lemon AND garlic, we're good to go in our home, never have to worry about what to eat!

LIN, OMG, you went to CIN for only 24hours? What a whirlwind trip that must of been. What did you do while you were there? Too bad you couldn't meet up with QUILTER, so close! Enjoy your guests. I truly understand about you not being around much this week, went through the same things myself last week!!!

MONET, that's something (losing license) I would expect from MICHAEL on day one. He's lost his school ID each year, and this year, it was only 2 weeks in to school when he lost his. I refused to pay for another one, so he had to. I just can't imagine giving him the keys to the car, much less him getting his license-he can't find his way around the block. His mind is on too many other things I don't see where he will be able to focus on driving which needs his full attention! I figure by the time he gets his license and has a year of driving with a restricted, he'll be going to college and won't be driving there (that's for sure), so it shouldn't be much of an issue. I'm not so worried about LAUREN, she has a great sense of direction and seems to focus on everything when it comes to driving. I feel she'll get her restricted before MICHAEL will. Did your DD call the Waffle House to see if they possibly found it?

AGAPE, good advice to give GRIN! Hope you find the computer working better for you. How's the reading coming along?

BOB, you must of bought your OXY at BB&B. I'm still waiting 12 weeks later for the company to send me my $5 rebate - you think it was coming from China instead of Florida! I won't do another one til I get this one. What do you use the oxyclean for the most in your home?

SEF, you're right, I will miss doing this when the kids are all on their own, but given how it was this past weekend, I felt that time couldn't come soon enough for me. Just now, MICHAEL called me up to ask me to go get him some photo paper before I got him from school this afternoon-more running in the car. I've been having to fill up the gas tank everye 2-3 days!!!

JACKK, hope you've solved your computer whoas. What caused it to crash? Hey, how's DD doing on her diet? Thanks for the congrats. Ditto to you and the rest of the board, what would I do without all of you????

GRIN, another peice of advice, if you can get MICHELE MONTIGNAC'S book EAT YOURSELF SLIM, do so, it explains this WOE in better detail and I highly recommend it. It's OOP so it's not easy to find these days, so it seems, but do check your library, they may have a copy to check out.

MIATA, hoping no one comes home with dirty laundry, they sure as heck won't be coming home for a good cooked meal!!!! MICHAEL wants to leave not only home, but the state to go to college. LAUREN, she has time and hasn't even thought about anything like that yet. Just a little over 3 years and the nest should be empty and then I'd like to sell this nest and move somewhere else. Somewhere where I could be closer to say, a TRADER JOES!!!!!

TEENSY, good for you on the exercise. I don't do it on Saturdays, that's my day to "run" around to garage sales. I try to do Sundays but wasn't in the mood yesterday. How far are you from Seattle? Here's a bit of info on SPAGHETTI SQUASH from KAREN'S KITCHEN website:

Spaghetti squash is amazing. Measuring 8 to 14" long and weighing about 4 1/2 pounds, little is known of it's history. It's taste is similar to summer squash, but that is the end of comparison. You cut it open, remove the seeds, bake or steam it and it's meat comes out in long strands that look like spaghetti, so it makes a wonderful visual replacement for our high carb, high glycemic old pal spaghetti. Top a huge pile of spaghetti squash with one of the many pasta sauces out there and be ready to feast on a fresh, naturally al dente strand that let's you have 16 times as much of the lovely squash as you do pasta. In 4 ounces (100 grams) this marvel of nature has only 5 grams of carbohydrates as opposed to 1/8 cup of pasta. So instead of 1/4 cup (or 1/2 ounce dry) of cooked pasta for a single serving block, you get 7 ounces of cooked spaghetti squash PER SINGLE BLOCK. And as it is with all floppy kinds of foods, it is better to WEIGH your portion than to try to stuff it into a measuring cup.COOKINGTo bake it, split lengthwise and remove the seeds in the central cavity. While you CAN bake it whole, it is very painful trying to hold it still to remove the seeds when everything is 350 degrees and you are trying to dish it out to serve it hot. Bake it hollow side up. The riper the squash, the faster it will cook, but figure about 30 to 40 minutes for a halved squash to bake.Check to see that it is baked by piercing the flesh with a fork. It should be soft and the flesh should separate into fat spaghetti-like strands. Avoid overcooking which will make the flesh become bland and mushy. It is best when still slightly crunchy, as it is 92% water.You can also microwave it, preparing it by slicing in half, removing seeds and then cooking each half for 6 to minutes. Most cookbooks will tell you to cover it with plastic wrap to cook it like this, but don't you dare unless you are fond of adding plastic to your blood stream. Soft plastic especially will slightly melt and let off plastic toxins that will flavor your foods and mimic certain hormones when they get into the blood stream as xenohormones. Some scientists suggest that these plastics in our foods are the reason for larger feet, larger breasts and lowering the onset of puberty by 4 years across the United States. Instead, cook it on a microwave safe glass plate with the cut side down to retain the moisture inside the squash.You can freeze raw, grated or cooked spaghetti squash, but be advised that it makes it less firm and pre-measured amounts will thaw out to smaller serving sizes.Besides your traditional spaghetti sauce, spaghetti squash is also excellent with a buttery flavored olive or nut oil and grated cheese, a pesto sauce, a cream sauce or even an onion sauce where the onion is sautéed in olive oil until reduced down to strands of sweet, golden onions and served with herbs to flavor. A dash of nutmeg with olive oil and butter is also an amazing way to savor the delicate flavor of spaghetti squash.

I do believe you can eat it and not worry about it

Okay, gotta jump in the shower and get ready for yoga. Will check in later. To all I didn't post a reply to, I send out BIG HELLOS!!!!!!

{{{{HUGS}}}}

Debbie
Old 03-24-2003, 10:30 AM   #7  

Post Monday morning

Good morning everyone.
I am happy to say that I have gotten myself back on the exercise wagon. I did my tapes, and I feel great.

I wore a dress to church yesterday that I haven't been able to wear in nearly 5 years, talk about exciting!!!!!!

My weekend was pretty good. We had and still have great weather, so I got out and took the kids to the park Sat. Now if I could only get them as interested in cleaning their rooms as they are at going outside I'd be doing great. It looks like a tornado went through their rooms.

I'm not able to get on the puter much over weekends, (hubby takes it over). So you'll mainly see me through the week, and if I am able to get on during a weekend, I'll be checking in.

Well, that's all I have for right now, be checking back later on.
Old 03-24-2003, 10:34 AM   #8  
"I'm working on it!"

Default Yeah ME!

Ok, that wasn't so bad. Just finished a half hour program on the elliptical. I've got 32oz of water in already.

DEB--Congrats on your SB anniversary. I've been here (on and off) for about a year and a half, and I can really see a positive change in your attitude. Like you said today, you allowed yourself to pig out on the weekend, but you got right back up on the wagon today. If I'm remembering correctly, you used to be afraid you couldn't get back up on the wagon if you slipped. So things have changed for you. The oranges are really good and were only $5.99! Can't pass up a bargoon!

GRIN--to add to DEBELLI's advice about Montignac's book. I have seen it here in Toronto at Chapters and Coles.(don't know if you have these stores in BC) When I checked a week or so ago, it was also available at amazon.ca (but NOT on the American amazon site). Maybe we're lucky and it's only available in Canada.

Ok, off to post on the exercise board!
Old 03-24-2003, 10:54 AM   #9  

Hi everyone.

I'm back and on the wagon. I don't really know what happened to me there for a couple of months... I've been battling some more female issues and thats just had me in a tissy Can you believe that after my hysterectomy last year that now I've been put back on birth control pills again??!!! I had problems with that 1 remaining ovary and the bc pills seem to have straightened that out so I guess I won't complain - better than more surgery and going into full blown menopause I guess.

I'm going to start tanning today. That always makes me feel better and helps me concentrate on how I want to look. I haven't even stepped on the scale in a month and don't want/plan to until I've been doing SB right for a week or two or I can tell that my clothes are less snug.

I always do better when I'm active on the board, so I'm back - for the duration this time!!

Love,
Teresa

Last edited by TVthatsME; 03-24-2003 at 11:00 AM.
Old 03-24-2003, 11:00 AM   #10  

Good Morning All: I am here for a moment, work is crazy!!! My parents are visiting and I am enjoying the time with them! I am eating on program as well - and I have finally weighed myself this morning and glad to say that even though I have not been on board I have lost some more weight - I am down 258. I am happy - but still have a way to go to get back to my lowest again...but perseverence! Hope everyone has a really good day!

Sabrina
Old 03-24-2003, 11:14 AM   #11  

Deb-
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY. I missed that post last week. You should be so proud of the 3 years. I am in for the challenge with veggies. I emailed you my picture last week, but I got an error message back that you eren't accepting messages from my server or some such nonsense.
Old 03-24-2003, 11:51 AM   #12  
Enjoying a new beginning

Thank you for your warm welcome ladies... I will try to find " Eat yourself Slim". What a wonderful title! You seem like such a close group and I have looked at many of your tips in previous posts. I love hearing about the little victories such as jecrites fitting into that dress I agree that only a permanent change of eating will work for me. I've had a brief talk with my onocologist and he has heard from colleagues that the SB plan is terrific. He even promised to buy and read the book. It is hearbreaking that the world is in such turmoil. However I truly believe that we can all make a difference by treating those around us with kindness and love. This has to start from within... Be wll my sisters and have a terrific week...Lori
Old 03-24-2003, 03:17 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good afternoon Gang

The board has been slow today. Nothing going on with me. Had a nice weekend. Mostly spent watching ballgames. I just love March Madness. DD got home from the Bahamas. Glad to have her home. Glad to send her back to college Spent 2 hours with her in emergency room. Her foot has been bothering her for a year (I don't believe in Dr's. Make them wait to see if it heals itself first) off and on hurting. SHe said she heard something "pop" last week. So we went. Told her if they didn't find anythign wrong, she had to pay the deductible. You gotta understand, we make a lot of these "nothing" trips. Couldn't find anything, except maybe tendonitis. Take advil, etc. Probably due to the high shoes she wears.

Sat my back started aching. Didn't do anything. Just walked in the house to the potty and went to sit down and whoa, the pain went right through me. Sat on the heating pad all weekend. Still bothering me. Hopefully I will be able to do some exercises tonight. Gonna try anyway.

It is 75 here, a little windy, but still nice. Will try to walk some tonight.

Enough on me.

Zanne, good luck on your exercise program. I hope you like it. Now post on the exercise board.

Lin, what a nice friend. Gla dyou had a nice time and was still legal.

Deb, good for you out there walking today. What a way to start your new year. Glad you are back on track. I still think that is a very important thing to learn. Go off, but jump back on track and continue until the next time. As long a they aren't too close together. I am proud to say I haven't been on the scale yet. Hey I take these things seriously. . Was tempted this morning, but will hold off. I will attempt to post my veggies, I don't usually weigh them. DD has lost a total of 6 pounds so far. She is a little discouraged. The ad says be 3 dress sizes smaller by April 30th. Don't think that will happen, but any amount off is better than more on. My computer problems are assocaited with the UPS software. Sometimes it's fine, other times it crashes. I saw in our paper where we are getting a Whole Foods here next year. Can't wait. You will have to give me a list of things to get there. Did make a trip to Wild Oats and got some more pot pies.

Jcrites, congrats on getting into that new dress. That is such an good feeling.

TV, Welcome back. Glad to see you are back on track and ready to go. You are right, posting on this board really helps alot.

Tranquil, glad to hear from you. Congrats on the loss. You will be back to your low in no time the way you are going. Enjoy the time with yur parents.

Grin, I'm glad your Dr. agrees with this WOE. I truly think it is healthy and something you can do forever.

Have a great day and evening.

Jackie
257/155/145
10-10-01

Last edited by Jack-K; 03-24-2003 at 04:16 PM.
Old 03-24-2003, 04:22 PM   #14  

Good Monday Afternoon all--

Cold, dreary, and windy here today. Will it ever be spring? I would like to walk some more....but am a fair weather walker. I just can't seem to get warm today. Seems like all I have done for the last few days is sit and watch CNN.

Zanne--I still have to buy chips for my hubbie, but after almost 2 years, it doesn't bother me. That was really my downfall, not really sweets. Just give me a bag of Lay's potatoe chips and I was happy. We just bought a box of oranges at Costco, and boy are they good. While doing PP I had kept my fruits limited to strawberries, and melon, so I am in heaven with the apples and oranges. They taste so sweet and yummy. I think you will do just fine with your new fitness program. You will become rejuvinated.

Linworthlady-- Enjoy your company and ds, and post when you can.

Deb-- Thanks for the info on the spaghetti squash. It is so delicious. I am glad I can eat it without worrying now. You are just a fountain of info for us. And we thank you. Hope things will get back to normal for you. And I know that this new year of yours will be filled with all of the successes that you are hoping for. I got in 4 days of exercise last week, and never drank less than 128 oz. of water, fiber intake is up to 35 to 40 grams. And So far I HAVEN'T been on the scales since WIW. Am hoping to get all five days in this week. We are about 350 miles east of Seattle, almost into Idaho.

Jecrites--Waaay to Gooo!! Isn't it exciting to be fitting back into clothes that we had once out grown? Sure wish our weather here was nice, it has been rainy, windy and down right cold.

Tranquil--Enjoy you visit with your folks. Awesome job on being down to 258.

Jackie--Sorry about DD foot. Do you think it could really be the shoes? I remember having some trouble with my foot when I was younger. They never could find anything wrong....and after about a year, it just quit hurting. Sorry to hear about your back. Hope it is nothing too serious. Try not to overdo if you do exercise, I would hate to see it turn into something more serious just from trying to get your exercise in.

TV--Welcome back, I am new here and just strarting the SB woe. So far, it is great. Deb and everyone has been alot of help and quite a source of information. Good luck on your journey back.
Old 03-24-2003, 04:46 PM   #15  

Hallo Everybody!

I have had a busy day. Two friends took me out to lunch for my birthday. We went to the Japanese place, and I got shrimp yakitori. It was kind of sweet, so I am sure it had too much sugar in it. I also ate my three pieces of California roll, and a bit of my rice. Came home, and my daughter and son in law drove up. He had to go to work, and she and I decided to run to WalMart and Target and do some shopping. I got a new shirt, a five gallon bucket, and a book. She got an answering machine. Hooray! Finally!

I have not felt well all day. I have a severe pain in my chest. NO, it is not my heart. It feels like the inflammation I get that is caused by a virus. That or some kind of persistant heartburn. I am thinking it is muscular, since I was bending, lifting and carrying buckets of mixed up rose food to the roses all over the yard yesterday. Hopefully, it will improve by tomorrow. I took Advil and it helped, but not much.

I got another birthday present last night....two boxes of sugar free chocolates. I can tell this is going to be a bad week!

gotta get off here and go lay down. I am hurting pretty bad! Later!
Closed Thread