Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Typically, how many servings of veggies, excluding lettuce, do you eat each day?
SEE CHART IN POST ON FIRST PAGE FOR SERVING SIZES OF VEGGIES 0 0%
0 1 3.85%
1 1 3.85%
2 5 19.23%
3 7 26.92%
4 6 23.08%
5 4 15.38%
6 2 7.69%
7 0 0%
8 or more 0 0%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2003, 06:14 PM   #121  

HI everyone!

Another good day. Took my son to have some blood work done at the doctor and then came home and got my Mom up and bathed and dressed for the doctor. She feels so much better now just knowing that she can get into the car with the immobilizer on her leg. She has been missing our going out. I think she has "cabin fever".

Teensy: I tried the Hodson ww spaghetti too. I didn't think the taste was bad, but it was very dense. I had to cook it a bit longer. I like the 100% duram semolina best, but like the rest, I don't eat it much.

Miata: How do you like Curves? We have one here just down the road. I have been thinking about checking it out. There is also a health club down the street with an indoor pool. That would probably cost a mint. I have to get out to walk again or something. I haven't done much of anything this winter. It has been so cold.

Jack-K: It sounds like you had a wonderful time shopping. I think that could be my national pasttime. I love to shop!!! I will love it more when I get all of this excess weight off and can go into any store. My daughter-in-law just had gastric bypass surgery on December 5. She was 450 lbs. She is doing so well. She weighs 350 now and is out walking a mile every day. She had so many things against her. She tried and tried to lose and it would not budge. Of course I don't know if she tried SB.

Heartmom: Congratulations on the 8 inch loss and the weight loss. 2 gallons of water. Now that is a lot of water. I have trouble getting in my 1 gallon. Keep up the good work.

Monet: Happy Belated Birthday!!!!! Sounds like you had a fantastic birthday party. How did you get all the bumper stickers off your car? That was way too funny.

Fillise: You make me have spring fever. I love it when it's time to plant flowers and fix up the yard and open the windows wide to let in the fresh air. Unfortunately, I think we will be having a bit more snow up here before I can do that. But I will live vicariously through you right now. Mind if I sit in the middle of it all, watch the hummingbirds.....?

Jecrites: That's great about your cholesterol. Mine is slightly elevated. At least it was a few months ago. I go to have it checked again in April.

Sef: Loved your jokes. Especially the "Sunday Morning Sex" one. I just had to copy it off to read to my Mom and e-mail to my friend.

Deb: I feel for you. I used to have to threaten my two boys constantly with going in and cleaning their rooms. Unfortunately, I usually ended up doing just what you are doing and going on in and getting to work. They would have clothes on the floor, dresser drawers open, clean clothes stacked on top of their dressers. It was usually a real mess.

Serene: Loved your jokes. Congratulations on the 1.5 lb loss.

Country: Congratulations on your SB Anniversary. Every step we take in the direction of good health is a good one.

Quilter: I agree with you that Deena and Christy are the nicest two of the women. I couldn't believe when the blond one referred to the three younger ones as "the pretty little girls". Made we want to gag. But I love watching it. It's one of my favorite tv shows. Congratulations on the 12 pound loss. That is awsome.

Well, my son and daughter-in law went up north and it's about time that they were getting there so they'll call soon. Better get off the computer. (I only have one telephone line). Everyone take care and have a great weekend.

Sheanne
Old 03-21-2003, 06:25 PM   #122  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING!

I've got the movie selections for the weekend ready to go!!!

SLEEPY TIME GAL
THE RING
MAN FROM ELYSIAN FIELDS
THE BADGE
ABANDON

Haven't been around much, been kinda busy...Hope eveyone is
doing well...

KIM...where are you going for dinner?

I'll let you know about the movies...

BOB

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY MONET!!!
Old 03-21-2003, 09:17 PM   #123  

Just got in from Costco. I can't believe I only spent $25! I must be sick or something! I looked at the boxed roses, and was not impressed with how they looked, so I passed on buying one. I hope I can find some good ones potted in a few weeks to replace the three or four that are going to get shovel pruned. (that means I am digging them out due to poor health or whatever!)

I am extraordinarily tired today. I took two naps, and I am ready for bed already. That was with a half dose of Phentermine this morning too! I am almost willing to bet that my thyroid has taken a nosedive. I can't think of any other explanation.

SHEANNE: The bumper sticker turned out to be a magnet! I was so impressed! I was able to peel the ones off the windows- they were those glass decoration type that sticks to windows- and put them back on the sheet they came on. My husband hits 50 in a few months, and I am going to start preparing now! I got a lot of flack from my daughter for not photographing the car before I cleaned it! Like I was going to back it out of the garage for pictures, and let the neighbors all see it and laugh! Your DIL has done wonderfully! That is an awful lot to lose in four months! I bet she is really excited!

BOB: Now that is MY kind of cake! Thanks!

Last edited by Ellen; 03-21-2003 at 09:19 PM.
Old 03-21-2003, 10:04 PM   #124  
Goddess

Thumbs down Friday Evening

Hello All!

I'm still frantically spring cleaning (you know, the cleaning you do before DM comes to visit). Belle and I are working our tushies off tonight, though I'm afraid I'll have to work a very lOOOOOOOOng time before my tushie is all worked off!

Got my evening stomach cramps tonight right on schedule. I think my body is doing spring cleaning too. Every night it looks around for any "poisions" my body socked away from the bad ol days and expels them.

Monet--It sounds like your thyroid all right. I always HATE it when the Dr. starts messing around with my DM's thyroid medicine--she gets really tired or antsy until they put it back to where it was in the first place. Sheesh.

BOB--Enjoy the movies. Are the snowbirds felling north yet? You always seem to get busy when they start to head home.

Sheanne--Come on down and pull up a seat in front of the window with Belle. Y'all can watch the birds to your heart's content!

Kim--yes the prevention walking program is really simple and is on their web site:

Prevention

They suggest you use the simplest pedometer you can find, and suggest one that measures steps rather than distance walked or calories, because steps are the easiest to measure accuratley. So your simple pedometer is probably perfect!

Heart--Isn't it amazing the places you can get cellulite and stretch marks????? I bet if I could bend down that far, I'd find them on my toes!

Country--You are close to that 10,000 #! In the article they suggest that you try to up whatever you are doing by 7,500 steps to give your metabilism a jolt.

Serene--If I could find just ONE of those men, I'd be happy! I gave up on waiting for Prince Adequate to come along years ago. Beside being an excentric spinster with a black cat is so much more fun!

Deb--How are you doing on that room? Want to come tackle my house when you are through?

Ok--got to get back to work--less than 24 hours to go!

Susan
Old 03-21-2003, 10:53 PM   #125  

Hi all!

Back from dinner! I met two of my cousins. They are the only family I have here in town because none of us are from here. But we all ended up here. We met at the Barnes and Noble store and while waiting I found a WeightWatchers magazine. I was so excited, because I used to buy them all the time when I belonged to WW. I always enjoyed reading the success stories and the recipes. There's an article in this issue about sugar. So I will let you all know what it says.

FILLISE----Thanks so much for the link to the prevention site. Wow, that's so interesting. What a great concept and it makes perfect sense. We are going to pick up a battery tomorrow, so I can get to counting steps. It will be interesting to see what my number is. What did you say your main number is?

BOB---We ate at Brio. Do you have that restaurant down there. It's one of the new places at Newport on the Levee. I really want you to see it.

MONET---You were a good girl at Costco. Very good. I have the same problem at Sam's Club. Too many extras end up in the basket.

SHEANN---Good to hear about your mom feeling better. Does she always live with you or is it just now while she's not 100%? Hope that continues to get better for her.

Well, I'd better go. I'm getting kind of sleepy. We have no special plans for this weekend. That's going to be a GREAT thing. I want to go to this huge restaurant supply store that I just discovered here in town. We went there to pick up something for the Spelling Bee last week and since I was on the clock, I didn't get to spend enough time there. I am getting really excited to take all the time I need and look at every little thing. They sell everything! A little slice of heaven!!!!

Have a wonderful weekend!!!!!
Kim
Old 03-22-2003, 05:11 AM   #126  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Morning All

It's just now 5am and I've been up for about a half hour already and thank goodness at that. ELI overslept and if I hadn't woken up and found him still at home people all over SOFLA would be mean and nasty and pist off for not being able to get their morning coffee. He left the house in a flash!

I have to go get MICHAEL and his friend ALEX in a few minutes. They are at the RELAY FOR LIFE and then have to get home to take a shower and then I have to drop them off at the French competition. I'll basically be living in the car for most of the day between taking and picking up both him and LAUREN who has to be at school to work on something for drama at 10am to who knows

Didn't complete MICHAEL'S room, it's such a massive job, no wonder he never did it himself, there's no way in the world he could of ever had the time to do it. I'm about 2/3 done. It's a lot better but gosh, if the kid things he can lie on his bed he has another thought coming-it's buried. I still have his closet to work on and a huge pile of items on the one side of his bed. I'm not even going to tackle his drawers, that's another day in itself. I think I won't get to it til this week possibly. Sure can't do it when he's around. Gawd forbid he should mess it up!!!

I have to run. I'm sorry I haven't been able to get individual posts in for a few days and I hope you understand. With ELI'S sister here and having to get some things done (like finding the last of my volunteers for the school this week), it's been hectic. I hate it, but sometimes it happens.

I'll check in later with you all.

Oh, it's my 3yr SB ANNIVERSARY TODAY!!! Not thrilled with the way I feel though-anyone want to say GOODYEAR BLIMP! I'm so bloated (mid-cycle), it's not funny. I hate when this happens!!!!
Will dwell more on this later....

Gotta run and go get Michael....

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
Old 03-22-2003, 09:01 AM   #127  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Susan....

Can you believe I hit 15,000 steps yesterday. I don't treadmill today so I will be lucky to get a couple thousand steps..hehe I've had a blast wearing the pedometer though. Now my husband is curious and thinks he might wear it to work one day. That would be cool because the thinks he walks all day long. It would do us both good to see how much he actually walks. I've tried to get him to walk with me but he says...one, I walk way too fast and...two, he walks ALL day long...poor baby...hehe I kinda spring cleaned the living room yesterday too. I rearranged it. I don't feel like I get it totally clean unless I change stuff around. I use to do it once a week but I've eased up in my older years...now only once or twice a year.

Gonna get. Will try to sneak back in a bit.

Love,
Crystle
Old 03-22-2003, 09:10 AM   #128  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Deb....

Happy Anniversary. How awesome to remain committed to this WOE for three years. You should be proud of yourself.

Love,
Crystle
Old 03-22-2003, 10:17 AM   #129  
"I'm working on it!"

Default Good Saturday Morning

Hi All

I'm just reporting in to keep myself accountable.

It's another dreary day here. Spring has stayed, but it's been rainy the past few days.

Scale has me down to 169 this morning. I actually don't feel as big either. I'm going to have to clean a path to the exercise equipment in the basement. I have to get thru DS's area and he has toys all over the place. I think I'll be packing up a bunch to give away--especially since his grandparents have a whole boxfull of stuff they've acquired at garage sales this winter (they have a place in West Palm Beach--won't be coming home till May).

Going to a friend's tonight to celebrate his birthday. Of course there will be cake. Don't know if I can get out of having a piece, but if I can't I'll only be having a small one. And I better make sure I have lots of veggies and protein at dinner--you know--to make the whole meal equal to about a mid-GI.

DS's class is going to see how maple syrup is made on Wed. I might be going with them, but will definately have to pack my own lunch. Lunch is included, but it's pancakes with maple syrup and hot chocolate!!!! My head is just spinning thinking about it! I'll need to have a good lunch so that I can keep my wits--all those kids hyped up on sugar!

Better go get the grocery shopping done. I have to eat first tho. I'm already getting lightheaded and if I don't eat, I'll buy a ton of rotten stuff.

have a good day!
Old 03-22-2003, 10:40 AM   #130  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

MORNING...YES, I THINK? IT's STILL MORNING????

Movies so far are good...

SLEEPY TIME GAL is a SUNDANCE choice and KIM you would really like it..

THE RING....although hokey...it was good and really kept my attention...if you're into URBAN LEGENDS....get it!

MAN FROM ELYSIAN FIELDS....I absolutely LOVE ANDY GARCIA, and he's the star of this one...started it too late and went to sleep only to wake up a 3:15 a.m. to turn it off...will watch him this afternoon

I'll report on the other two after watching.

SUSAN...the snow birds will (unfortunately) BE HERE until after EASTER!!!![/i] Some birthday huh??? Mine falls on Easter this year and YES, we will be BUSY until then!

KIM...Don't know that name....are they a chain? Glad you had a good dinner..Sorry your cousin doesn't like PAULY?????? WHATSAMATTERWITHER????? Did you get to watch ETSU play their game? They almost did it...but glad they at least got to come....MY TEAM GOT SCREWED OUT OF COMING! Not that they would have made it past the first game, but they had them on camera waiting for their seed to only see the disapointment on their faces when they weren't picked!

It's a half n half day here on the West Coast of FLA...part sun, part cloudy...we're waiting on some much needed rain...hope it gets here..

Later
BOB
Old 03-22-2003, 12:50 PM   #131  

Hi All. Just wanted to tell you I did do curves yesterday and got around about 2.75 times..I wish I had not of..There is one machine that messed up my right elbow. I can hardly move it. I am so mad. It started bothering me at work last night. I can't take anytime off cause if I do, I will use up my vacation time. We don't get to use sick time until we use up 40 hours of vacation time. So I will have to just be careful, and use my arm wisely. It is hard to do...I have to use my vacation time for my vacation with my dh. We want to take a big camping trip.

I will be very careful to do the arm exercises very slowly and do them in control I will just do more jogging inbetween the machines..you can do that when it is not full.

Eating has been good, water down yesterday. We have a new computer screen that we have to deal with at work, and it makes alot more work. Glad this is the weekend, work should be real mellow except for the weird stuff,. Maybe my partner and me can get this new system in contol so when we work mon/tues/fri we can get our work done.

You all have a good weekend.

Miata
Old 03-22-2003, 01:25 PM   #132  
sef

HiedieHo All!!

The play last night was very good. They gave the essence of the play without a lot of sets or props. The dinner was good too, I had catfish, salad and ff sweet potatoes. During intermission they passed out bread pudding from K Paul's (Paul Prudhomme), I did taste it and went into diabetic come! OMG it was soooooooooo sweet! I make bread pudding PA Dutch style and it is not really sweet at all. We had a good time in the drive there and back about 40 minutes, except on the way to Mandeville we hit traffic big time. Must have been an accident or some kind of tie-up. When we hit a side road we took off om another route and left the traffic behind. We were worried about service at the restaurant since we were so late, but it was quick and we made the theater on time. Without being asked the management even saved the front row for us.

DEB: I had to fwd your FF to friends. Your sister's friend has a good sense of humor!

SERENE: Enjoyed the joke, so will my NH group.

COUNTRY: I have had chronic pain for years. You learn to live with it, but there are times when it becomes a real PITA! I have been going through ones of those times and have been griping too much! Hate it when I do that, just shows how weak I am...no back bone! Of course. the back is one of my pains! I like the thought of "strongend".

HEART: And a very good abbreviation it is too!!! Makes perfect sense! Just sometimes I am not too swift!

QUILT: you must feel very uplifted and walking on air! Of course, for me it would take the air of a tornado to lift me! Over the years I've been on different meds and eventually they all bother the gut. Kick up my heels!?! Read sentence about tornado!

SHEANNE: Cabin fever can be a downer. Your Mom is licky to have you. You will have another star in your crown. I live with my DS and family, they certainly deserve a star!

MONET: Only $25?!? How did you do it? I go to Sam's and think I did great only spending 57 one time. AW c'mon, you're no sport! Your DD was right, you should have taken a picture for all of us at least!

FILLISE: My DD is an eccentric spinster too. She's always out and about traveling here and there. Believe me, she REALLY is eccentric!

MIATA: Hope your elbow is better soon. Don't be discouraged, sometimes our enthusiasm outdoes our wisdom. now you know slow and steady will win the race.

OKay gotta go....in more ways than one, You know water in, water out!

Take care, Shirely
Old 03-22-2003, 02:36 PM   #133  

Tom has just headed out with our 16, soon to be 17 year old daughter. They are heading over to the DOT for her to take her license test. I hope they don't make her parallel park, cause she just tried to do it again, and did not do so hot! She did it fine a week ago with her father's truck! At least the Camry is short! I explained to our son how to parallel park while we were standing in line waiting for his turn to take the test a few years back. He had to take the test in my Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser that I had at the time. Amazingly, he got that LONG honker in the space with no problem, just following my verbal instructions!

I pruned roses yesterday, and am heading out to prune some more in a few minutes. I may be able to finish it today. Then I have to feed, and spray them all. I may get real structured here, and work up a schedule of spraying that will have to be done weekly. That ought to at least keep me from getting too far behind! I just hope I get a good spring flush. Nothing like a armful of roses to keep you motivated!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend! Eating wise, I am ok. I have already had too many starchy carbs today. I am keeping to the legal kind, and just trying to get over my indiscretions of Thursday. I did find out that my birthday cake was actually SB legal! If I had known that, I would have eaten a much bigger piece. My daughter knew, and was trying to save a big huge piece for me. Unfortunately, people wandered into the kitchen to find a second piece of it, it was so good! Turns out Chef Erik, my SIL, came over here when I was not home and stole a bottle of agave out of the cabinet. I offered him several more if he would only make me another cake like that. Wow, it was good! Guess when I open Spa Monet, it will be on the menu!

Off to prune!
Old 03-22-2003, 08:59 PM   #134  
Goddess

Thumbs down Sat. night

hooboy am I tired. I cleaned like a banshee today--and I have no idea what a benshee is. Cleaned the oven and the fridge. Cleaned out a closet that needed it badly, vacumed, mopped, duusted, washed all the bes linens (including comforter and shams). Finished just about the time Mom and Dad pulled in the driveway. But the spring cleaning is done!

Monet--Will you SIL share the recipe for that cake? It sounds delish! I bet your roses will be gorgeous. Always wanted to grow them but have a yard that gets almost no sunlight.

Deb--Sorry I couldn't talk when you called. I worked so hard today that all I had was a bananna (TOM is here and I never feel like eating on the crampy days). They brought some good NC BBQ with them and some SGWW buns--so I was ready to chow down! Maybe we can chat after I get back from Tampa--and I can tell BOB stories!!!!

BOB--I can't wait!!!!!

Crystle--I'd be real interested to hear how many steps your 'I walk allday" DH really takes. Let him have the pedometer!

Kim--My avg. turned out to be aout 3,500 steps, so I will be trying to work up to 11,000. Let me know how it goes for you!

SEF--I would have never believed it at 20, but there is a lot to be said for being an eccentric spinster! Traveling is just one of the perks. I know if I had kids, I'd love them to pieces, but since I don't, I'm going to enjoy the life I have. I've seen too many women pining away over something they don't have and not wanting to live until Prince Charming comes along.
OK--mom and dad are here so I should probably go be sociable.

Susan
Old 03-22-2003, 09:29 PM   #135  

Post Late, But Here at Last

Hello Ladies,
I cannot believe that I typed a post and then accidentally deleled it, several days ago. Anyway it didn't post. Glad to see a lot progress. I have been helping my DS. She had a boil the size of a golf ball under her arm. We went to emergency and the doctor told her if he did anything to it, she would have literally passed out. I said surely you can do something. He responded by saying a surgeon had to surgically remove it. So she has to get that done Monday. I'll be with her, so please remember to say a prayer for her. The good news is that today the thingy opened up and is getting soft and that is what had to happen. OK, enough about that.

Jack-K ~~~ thank you so much for telling me how to do this (writing in WordPad). It is so much easier. And CONGRADS on your weigh loss. @<--- I'm very happy for you. I'm looking to ya for inspiration.

Debbie ~~~ Congrads are in order for you, too, for doing the do. You are a wealth of infomation and we here at SB really appreciate you. Thanks, too, for telling me how to post and not allowing me to think I was aaah, slow.. :-). @<---

The other day I drank 168 ozs. of water. I have been doing really good with food and water, however, been a little slow with exercise. I only went to the gym 2 days. Need to go more, it seems everytime I plan to go something happens unforeseen. Oh, I forgot, I did paint a bedroom which is becoming a den.

I have a question to throw out there. Does anybody have a recipe that comes close to cornbread. I'm trying to find grain that comes close to cornmeal in texture. Help, somebody, Help!!!

Monet ~~~ Happy, Happy Belated Birthday!!!!! @<---- May you have many, many more.

Country ~~~ Happy Aniversary to you, too. I knew what Him stood for. I would like to try that thingy you have to monitor steps. Sounds like a winner to me. @<---

Everybody hang in there, for we are going to all make it. Have a beautiful weekend full of victory..

LJunel
(slim and healthy)

You can see I'm happy, in spite of....
Closed Thread