Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: What is your favorite condiment?
Butter/Margarine 7 21.21%
Ketchup 4 12.12%
Mustard 5 15.15%
Mayo/Sandwich Spread 3 9.09%
Hot Sauce 3 9.09%
Relish 1 3.03%
BBQ Sauce 1 3.03%
Sour Cream 0 0%
Salad Dressing 4 12.12%
Trojan 2 6.06%
Other 3 9.09%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2003, 03:29 AM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Post Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 2/3-2/9

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-THURSDAY RECIPE DAY
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=24464

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Old 02-03-2003, 03:33 AM   #2  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Will post my usual morning post sometime later, but wanted to make sure I got our
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM, I think they are all good, and I hope you read them and in between the lines as well

SMALL STEPS TO BIG GOALS

If you have trouble achieving the big goals, then break them down into smaller, more manageable goals. If you have trouble getting to work on the small goals, remind yourself of the bigger goals and purposes to which they lead.

The big goals are what will drive you, motivate you, and compel you to go forward. The smaller goals are what will actually move you steadily there.

When you have a big reason to take a small step, you're much more likely to find a way to take that step no matter what. String those small steps together and they'll add up to the big, important achievements you so earnestly desire.

Any accomplishment can be broken down into steps so small as to seem trivial. But put them all together, and the results are anything but trivial.

Keep putting one foot in front of another, and you can walk a thousand miles or even more, as long as you're motivated enough to keep going. Stay focused on those big goals, while persistently working through the small, day-to-day goals, and anything is within your reach.

-- Ralph Marston

"The journey is the reward."

-_Chinese Proverb

How are you going about achieving your goal?_ Is it with a smile
on your face or are you grumbling the whole way to your goal?_ If
it is the latter, how does this affect your long-term happiness?
Think about it._ If you hate every moment of making your dream
come true, then are you really going to be happy once you reach
your goal?_ Plus, if you are so miserable striving for your goal
what are the odds are you are actually going to follow through on
your goal?_ In other words, is your attitude towards your goal
sabotaging it?_ Take a step back and make sure that the goal you
are pursuing is the one you actually want._ If you are on fire
for your goal, then the success journey will be a quest for
personal growth and achievement and not just a trial of
endurance._ However, it is up to you to make your success journey
an enjoyable one._ Focus on your happiness by reminding yourself
often of why you want to achieve your goal and reward yourself
for each milestone.

by Edel Jarboe

Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/1??/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 02-03-2003, 08:07 AM   #3  

Here's a quickie Monday Morning greeting!

I hope you all have a wonderful day today. It's the start to a brand new week and there's all sorts of possibilities ahead of us. Come on, friends, there's weight to be lost. So let's get busy. Tonight when you post, be proud of your efforts today. Think about how great it will feel to say you stayed on the wagon and have nothing to feel guilty about.

I was up on the scale this morning. Makes no sense, except perhaps my water intake wasn't enough yesterday. Not to worry. Nothing that a good trip to the bathroom won't fix! LOL! I have my dr's appointment today. Am eager to see what I weigh on her scales. But I won't be upset if it's not down. I know that I'm doing the right thing. It will just take time.

DEB, I love the poll this week. Interesting question.

Later,
Kim
Old 02-03-2003, 08:53 AM   #4  

MORNING ALL YOU LOSERS!!!!

Just want to question the poll......TROJAN...a condiment? The only one I've ever seen is a CONDOM????? Must be a northern thing!

I'm at work so this will be brief...just want to second what Kim said. Everyone be accountable.....

Have a good day....

BOB
Old 02-03-2003, 09:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Monday Morning.

Hope everyone is ready to jump into this week and have a great OP week and see some losses this week.

I mentioned Friday that we were having dinner with a friend at their country club Saturday night. Was I mistaken. First off, DH wanted to go to church Saturday night. We didn't want to go to our regular mass on Sunday b/c it was scout Sunday and it takes forever. So at 4:30 he jumps up and says get ready. I really didn't have enought time as I wanted to take time to get ready for the dinner as one of the couples going I haven't seen for a long time and she dresses to the nine's. So I hurried and got ready and off to church we went. After church instead of going to these people's house, Dh went home first saying he needed some asprins. By this time I'm getting annoyed, thinking we are going to be late. The girl had told me her son was having friends over so I didn't think anything of all the cars and it was dark too. I go in and she says I want to show you something come here a minute and proceeds up to the kitchen. Well, the lights come on and about 65 people yell Surprise!. They had planned this party for my 50th birthday (which I was trying to forget about)/ Talk about surprised. I truly had no idea whatsoever. My nieces and nephews were there, friend from work, my best friend from high school, plus all the friends that we normally run around with. We karoke'd all night and had a ball. I had waay to much wine and was slow moving yesterday. I got so many nice gifts and only 1 or 2 of those "over the hill" things. I did have one sandwich on a bun that was illegal, but I never ate any cake or the other desserts there. So I was glad. I was worried how I was going to avoid eating it and not hurting the guys feelings that made it. I don't think anyone noticed that I didn't have any.

Yesterday was a lazy day mostly. Went and bought window shades with DD for her new house. SIL 2B will move in this weekend.

Enought about me, on to you.

Bob, hope that WM doesn't cost an arm and leg.

Deb, I'm not a good proofreader. Glad I made you laugh. Hope you are back on track today. You must exorcise that sugar demon that possessed you.

Quilter, My heart just broke for you reading how depressed you were. Boy your DH was so sweet. Mine would run the other way. Don't worry, you are going to do it this time. I can tell from the attitude you have. It takes time. Enjoy yourself along the way. That really helps. Love what you are doing for you. Deb's MM is so true.

Fillise, Hope your conference was a good one.

Got to run to a meeting. Sorry I didn't get to everyone. Hugs and kisses to all.

Jackie
Old 02-03-2003, 09:42 AM   #6  
"I'm working on it!"

Default Good Monday Morning Everyone

QUILTER--I really like what you said this morning about us being proud of our efforts and staying on the wagon. It's a new day and a new week and I definately need a new start!

I had a really bad week last week. I can't shake this darn cold and then DS who also had a cold developed an ear infection last week. I thought I was getting better Saturday night, but then Sunday morning I felt like I had taken a step or 2 backward. I have to take DS to the doc today for a follow-up, so I'll get the doc to check me out too. The cough I have is coming from deep down, not like the usual tickle like thing in the throat. I don't want it to develop into something really serious.

So, since I was sick last week, I really wasn't in the mood for cooking or eating much. What I did fancy eating was definately NOT OP. I made DH's fave--corn chowder. Main ingredients are corn and potatoes! I had a real fest--chips, chocolate, pop! I rarely have pop and had a can of it nearly every night!

It just makes no sense. I know what I should be doing--I just don't do it. I can make up every excuse in the book. I guess the one good thing is that I recognize I'm doing the wrong thing and get back up and try again.

So here I am, once again, STARTING OVER. I really liked DEBELLI's MM about taking small steps to get to the larger goal. It makes so much sense. Those of you who are familiar with the Flylady will know about the 15 minute timer and how much can be accomplished in a short period of time. I'm going to have to take my day a little bit at a time.

Let's all do like QUILTER said: let's stay on the wagon and be proud of what we accomplished today!

BOB--I've only heard of TROJAN as a condom too! Never heard of it as a condiment way up north here!

Have a good day everyone!
Old 02-03-2003, 09:49 AM   #7  
"I'm working on it!"

Default JACKK

We were posting at the same time.

How WONDERFUL that your friends had a party for you and a big SURPRISE at that. Sounds like you did ok with your eats. You only had what was there to work with cause you had planned on ordering OP at the country club. And you're probably right--with all those people there, no one probably noticed you didn't have any cake or desserts.

Glad you had a nice evening!
Old 02-03-2003, 10:09 AM   #8  
Goddess

Thumbs down Monday Morning

Morning all! Belle and I are cuddled up in front of the computer reading the morning's news and sipping coffee.

Last night I put all the stuff in my breadmachine and set the timer before I went to bed. I didn't know how it would work since the water in the recipe is supposed to be 110 degrees (f). When I got up this morning I had a gorgeous loaf of bread waiting for me! This is the best loaf yet. It was nice waking up to the smell of baking bread. I had 1/2 grapefruit and PB on a slice of bread for breakfast this morning. Yum.

BOB--I'm with you on the Trojan!!!! Now I'm having these mantal pcitures of Trojan as a condiment EEEEEUUUUUUUWWWWWWWW!

Zanne--goodness, I hope you can shake that cold soon. It's the season for the lingering ickies!!!! Sorry they got you.

Jackie--What a great surprise! I'm sure you had a great birthday--as for being 50--enjoy it! Do something nice for yourself and embrace your age. I subscribe to a magazine called "More." It's for women over 40 and I really enjoy it--a good reminder that women over 40 are beautiful, smart, wise, funny, and less insecure about things than we were in our 20s and 30s.

Kim--I'll take you up on that challenge! Let's go get'em!

I hope everyone has a good week.

Susan
Old 02-03-2003, 10:33 AM   #9  

Default Happy Monday

Jackk - I did not know it was your birthday, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Meanwhile, I got all mushy reading about the surprise, that was so wonderful!!!!!! And, to think you were getting annoyed with DH, hahaha!!! too funny!!!!

Quilter - I am on the wagon with you, holding on tight! I am proud of myself because not only did I hold on tight, I did not even over indulge on the legal items I had the house stocked with.....

BOB - Good Morning!!!!! Skeeter is a cutey, even if he did turn away from the camera!!!!

Fillise - Oh that sounds so wonderfully yummy and perfect for winter - hot fresh bread!!!! I have not had any breakfast, so I will nibble a brown rice cake I bought at the health food store....but dream of your breakfast

Zanne - I sure hope you get to feeling better....I know it is rough trying to kick these super bugs we are exposed to these days!

Well better get busy - Sabrina
Old 02-03-2003, 10:44 AM   #10  
Hanging in There

Talking MM...

When my husband was in Navy boot camp, his company commander used to say to the men:
inch by inch, it's a cinch; yard by yard it's hard.
I have found that to be true.
Old 02-03-2003, 10:54 AM   #11  

Monday Morning

We had a terrible storm here this weekend that started late Saturday night. We woke up on Sunday morning to freezing rain and everything had a sheet of thick ice on it. Sunday school was cancelled and then morning service. This is a big deal in our family since hubby is a Pastor...not often we get to sit around on a Sunday and lounge. That is just what we did. Played with the kids, watched a Bible video, I did my Avon order and just relaxed. Evening service was then cancelled and it was a very odd feeling Sunday indeed. Our daughter held a *Sunday school* class for us with Bible Story and a craft that all of us did..it was very sweet. Today school was cancelled because the hail/sleet turned into snow and now we have lots more snow over the sheet of ice. My goodness it is nasty out there. Our poor trees are all bent over with the weight of the ice and snow so we are hoping we don't lose them. Anyways...that is my weather report for New Brunswick!

I lost another pound over the weekend and am feeling really great. My motivation is UP and I am so thankful for it.

JACK-K- Your surprise birthday sounds wonderful. Glad you had a great time and stayed basically legal. You are 50 years old now but considering you have lost over 90lbs in this past year I bet you are looking fantastic and better than you did when in your 40's! Be positive about it girl. Not many 50 year olds can prance around in Size 8 jeans like you are!!!

QUILTER- I can relate to your blues because I have gone through them countless times in the past. Even now, so close to goal I still wonder why I keep struggling on. Like MONET said, sometimes I just want to enjoy my food and eat what I want. Then reality strikes and I remember how miserable I was when I was 60 lbs heavier than I am now and think about how far I have come. Whatever amount you have already lost, just think about how much better it is for you NOW than it was when you were at your heaviest. I know I will always struggle but I want to struggle around my goal weight so I will keep going...and so will you! You will do it and you have such a supportive hubby to help you along. Regarding self esteem....your esteem should come from who you are in Christ. You are a Christian and He loves you, He died for you...rest in that fact. Live to bring glory to Him and *that* will help motivate you to eat well. That helps me a lot when I go through the valley of wanting to just eat. {hugs} Don't mean to preach but hey, can't help it sometimes!

FILLISE- Oh my, your bread sounds yummy. I can almost smell it!

BOB- What kind of dog is Skeeter? He looks like a daschund kind of but toffee coloured.

ZANNE- Sorry you and your son are feeling awful. I hope you can get fixed up quick.

FRUIT- Yes, those weekends can ruin a week long of being good but I stayed on the wagon 100% this weekend...I am determined! Thanks for the encouragement with my Avon. I am enjoying it thus far so I hope it lasts!

I better get going. I have a mountain of laundry to fold.
Old 02-03-2003, 10:56 AM   #12  

TRANQUIL- We posted the same time. Congrats on staying on plan all weekend!! We sure do need to support each other in this because it is hard to do. It will pay off for you on WIW.

DAWN- So true. Baby steps will get us there without feeling overwhelmed. Excellent reminder for when things are going slow.
Old 02-03-2003, 11:18 AM   #13  

Good morning everyone. Thanks for the well wishes about being sick. It was the strangest thing. Lasted about 12 hours and then I was feeling much better. Wish I could have said the same about my eating. Send the wagon my way, folks. It started with a Dr. Pepper on Thursday, then another, then another. It was downhill from there. Back on track this morning, though. Gosh I hate saying that; not that I hate being back on track but why do we jump off in the first place. We know what it does to us, how it makes us feel. Why can't we just stay put. Aaaarrrrrgggghhhh!!!

Saturday morning we took Seth to the middle school for band tryouts. Well, not really tryouts, just letting them try different instruments to see what they might like. He really wants to do percussion, but you do have to try out for that because so many kids want to do that. The teacher was so sweet and helpful. He tried trombone and trumpet and actually did pretty well with both. If he doesn't make percussion he'll probably do trombone. Joe played trombone in high school and is thrilled. Also, he'll probably end up with braces on this teeth pretty soon and the teacher said that trombone is easier to adjust to.

When we came home, we saw the news. So very tragic. I know this is petty and I'm certainly not making light of the situation, but why oh why does the news have to pick the most ignorant looking people they can find to interview when they are talking to people in the South. I kept waiting for one of them to spit out a wad of tobacco on national TV. I promise, everyone from Texas is not like that. Lyn, back me up here.

Deb - Sorry I missed you Saturday. Seth was spending the night with a friend so Joe and I took advantage and went to dinner. You're going to have to explain the Trojan thing.

Jack-K - How cool was that to have a party thrown for you. Sounds like you have a great hubby and a terrific group of friends.

Quilter - You are doing so great. I know how you feel and good for you for recognizing it and getting it out there. That's half the battle.

Tranquil - WTG staying on plan all week-end. You should come to Texas and kick my sorry behind.

Fillise - What a great idea having warm bread to wake up to. It's supposed to get cold again here this week, so I might do the same thing.

Zanne - Hop on the wagon with me.

Gracious - Yikes, be careful with all that ice around. It can really be dangerous. Sounds like you really enjoyed your day. Even the pastor needs a day to rest every now and then.

Sorry if I missed someone. It's another crazy Monday. Have a good one everyone!

Trish
Old 02-03-2003, 11:29 AM   #14  

JACKIE....I won't rush your BIG 50....it will get here soon enough! It's not so bad...I didn't have a meltdown or anything...
But so glad you got a party...it really helps...I had a party all day
and after work....friends make it easier....Don't dispair....it only happens ONE TIME

GRACIOUS....Skeeter is a red doxy...has way too much gray and
it has really changed his color....

BACK TO WORK

BOB
Old 02-03-2003, 02:11 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Zanne- I know exactly how you feel- I really blew it this weekend- I had chips,white bread, chocolate, and ice cream- and too much of it. I knew the scale would be up, but never would I have thought it would be up 6 pounds!! I know most of it is water retention, but it still sucks. I get disgusted with myself when I sabatoge my WOE like this. I feel so weak,guilty, etc. All I can tell you is that today is a new day, a new start. Pick yourself up and give it another go. We're only human and mistakes are bound to happen,lol. Okay guys, I'm fixing to go fix myself and the kids some lunch...
Closed Thread