Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: If I showed up at your home unexpectedly, what would I think of your domestic skills?
I have OCD when it comes to cleaning! My house is ALWAYS immaculate, 24/7! 0 0%
I would win the GOOD HOUSEKEEPING award. My home would pass the white glove test. 2 4.35%
Clean, but cluttered 9 19.57%
It has that LIVED IN LOOK! 11 23.91%
Looks clean (what you don't see won't hurt you-just don't open shut doors!) 14 30.43%
EEEEEEEKKKKKKK!!!!!! 5 10.87%
In one word - SLOB!!! 3 6.52%
I wouldn't/couldn't open the door, I'd pretend to not be home! 1 2.17%
My house should be condemned! 1 2.17%
Not sure, it may be the maids day off. 3 6.52%
Other 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2003, 11:53 AM   #16  
Maemae77536

Hi Again...........Its me.............I just came across the "picture board" and I have to say what a BEAUTIFUL group of ladies we have on board..........You all are motivation for me.........I would really like to post one of myself and the kiddos but dont know how....any suggestions.............i have them all on my computer jpg. stlye.....Thanks again
Old 01-13-2003, 12:14 PM   #17  

CONGRATULATIONS DEB. You are an inspiration to us all.

It sounds like you all had a great time. Wished I'd been there with you all.

No time to post now. Gotta run.

Marie.
Old 01-13-2003, 12:21 PM   #18  

CONGRATULATIONS DEB!

wish I could have been there to cheer you on!

I've posted a few pics on the picture board if anyone would like to see them. I'm sure there are lots more to come for you viewing pleasure.

Today is my first day back on program and I plan on being 100%. I've planned my eating so that should be a big factor in helping me to be successful. For this week I'm also going to make myself go the the gym, at least 3 times, and weigh in on Wednesday. I haven't been on the scale in weeks. So, I need all my buddies out there to help keep me accountable. Once I get through this week of detoxing, I should be on a roll.

BOB, I know that I heard Deb say that she tried to call you over the weekend but got a busy signal. You must have been on the computer for at least a few minutes and that is probably when she tried to call. She would never forget you!

Well, I'm at work and can't stay long but wanted to start the week off right by checking in. Be back later!

Take Care,
Wendy
Old 01-13-2003, 12:29 PM   #19  

Good Morning all.

I drank 40 oz of water on my way to work this morning!! I’ve been getting plenty of exercise running to the bathroom…

I didn’t stay completely legal this weekend, but didn’t do too bad either. We went to a seafood rest Sat night and I got shrimp. Usually, I would have gotten all fried, but I got ˝ grilled and only ˝ fried and gave a couple of the fried to my DH (who also cheated a bit). I did have a few steak fries, but only a few. Then Sun my mom cooked lunch consisting of the traditional southern fried chicken, mashed potatoes, corn, mac and cheese, butterbeans, cornbread and pecan pie!! I kept illegals down to a spoonful and gave Mom a lecture on tempting me too much! She said she will try and be sure she does better at getting me something OP for next Sunday.

No more baby goats yet. DH took some pictures of the twins yesterday, will try and post one later from home.

I got some tickets for Kenny Chesney this weekend. My 5 year old ADORES him and this will be the first concert we have taken him to. He is sooo excited. Mom is too. I haven’t been to a concert in years!!

Deb – GREAT JOB on the run. You are THE WOMAN!!

Gracious – Yep, we use the goats for lawnmowers mainly. I doubt we’ll ever do any milking or anything. We have sold several to folks for meat, however… Goat stew is popular around here, it seems.

Jack K – Yep, our Taco Bell now has fries… You can get them all done up like nachos even. Wonder how many fat grams/carbs/calories would be in a supreme??

Fillise – Yes – it is very cold here in AL today. Wind will chill you to the bone, won’t it?!? We might even get winter weather they say Thursday night/Friday… I wish it would be snow, but usually if we get anything it is ice – yuck! I only want to be standed if I can keep electricity, ya know!

Gotta run – You folks be good!

Teresa
Old 01-13-2003, 12:29 PM   #20  

Good morning everyone. Or almost noon... Where is this day going. Supposed to meet a friend for lunch at 1 so will have to read and type fast. LoL.... Can't wait to hear all the Florida news. Had a nice week-end. Stayed right OP and got up this morning and walked on my Treadmill and even upped the time 5 min.

Debilli- Thanks for the motivation on committment. I really relate to it..

Meliris - Good Monday and a howdy to you..

Jack-K- You're doing so good. You seem to really be committed and strong right now. Yikes on the yogurt.. Sounds like something I would do. LOL..

Zanne- Lucky you a new kitchen. Wow it must look wonderful.

Newportgal- Welcome to the board and you're in the right place. I'm not a good one to explain so will let someone else do it. But hope you stick around..

Fillise- Way to go on the weight. You're a real inspiration.

Bob- Oh I hate you're not going to be on the board for awhile. I always love your posts. Of course family should always come first...

Monet- Sounds like you're going to be busy packing and working today.

Dawnstorm- Sounds like you have a smart hubby!!

maemae- Good luck on your week OP....

Well I'm off and going. Hope everyone has a great day....

213/166/130
Old 01-13-2003, 12:34 PM   #21  

Opps I missed these...

Rosalie- are you still busy with badmittion and stuff?

Serene- Good for you gal.. Hang in there... And have a good OP week.

TVthatsme- Wow your Mom can sure cook up a big nice unSB meal. It would be hard to resist all that.. Pecan pie is my favorite.
Old 01-13-2003, 12:46 PM   #22  

Debilli- Just went back and read yesterdays post and a great big congradulations. You did yourself and all of us proud. You sure make me feel good about being on this board and knowing such neat and wonderful people.......

Adams- Thanks so much for taking so much time on the rice. I'm going to try and get some to try....
Old 01-13-2003, 02:09 PM   #23  

What a weekend! I slipped up a couple of times (including having a bowl of SB ice cream for breakfast today), but I'm not letting it get me down. I'm back on the wagon and ready to go! Just had some WW spaghetti w/meat sauce for lunch. Having chili tonight, so I'm set for the rest of the day.

I promise I'll eventually get on here and post individually to all you wonderful ladies. Hopefully later this afternoon. I'm off now to learn a new computer program. You just gotta love expanding work responsibilities.

--Kat
Old 01-13-2003, 02:28 PM   #24  

Okay, I’m taking the time now! My boss is at lunch so training is postponed! Woo Hoo!

Deb- WTG! You are the bomb! Maybe next year I can be there and will be right on your heels!

Wow, sounds like you ladies had a blast this weekend. I just may have to try and make it to next years. You all have been a terrific support to me so far and I’d love to have some more faces to go with these durn screen names!

Jack-K- I may have to check out these Walk Away the Pounds tapes. I keep hearing everyone here raving about them. I must admit, I looked at them once before but was concerned I’d feel silly “walking” in my living room. I guess if I don’t feel silly doing Richard Simmons, I shouldn’t be ashamed of anything J

Zanne- An ice rink?!? How cool! Being a Florida girl I haven’t done much ice skating and never actually outdoors. That must be great to have one!

Newport Girl- Welcome! I’m a newbie myself and love it here. These women are a great support and education system! Watch out for the NSA goodies. As you can see in my previous post, I don’t always make the wisest food decisions when I have them around.

Fillise- Us North Floridians are being bitten by the cold bug too. I’ll be praying you some warmer weather next week for the inauguration. My uncle is involved in politics and has been to a few inaugurations himself (he even got to go to good ol’ Dubya’s). I’ve always been so envious when I’ve seen the pics of my aunt and (sometimes) cousin all glammed up for the ceremonies! You gotta get some pics up of next weeks so I can be envious of you too!

BOB- Don’t stay gone to long! Your posts will be greatly missed!

Monet- I just love Home Depot. I could spend a fortune in there and I just live in a rented apartment!

TV- Have fun at that concert. What fun taking your son to his very first show!

Toni- I admire you for exercising in the mornings! I can barely move then!

Well, I think I got everyone. If I missed you, SORRY!

--Kat
Old 01-13-2003, 03:01 PM   #25  
acw
Cuddly Kiwi

greetings all... I feel silly saying morning cause I still haven't got the hang of the time zones! Must be all those brain cells I lost having 3 kids!!! Anyway it's Tuesday 8.50am here so I'll say morning anyway!

I think I'm starting to get the hang of this now and some things are becoming second nature. Haven't had white bread, potatoes or white rice all week but having trouble finding good ww alternatives here. I'm going to have to widen my search to some of the bigger supermarkets and health food shops.

I'm feeling good about myself at the moment and feel motivated and in control. Have had some family probs at the moment so I guess my mind is on other people..that helps.

TVTHATSME- My sister will be insanely jealous over those Kenny Chesney tickets! She met him last year when she was on a trip to the states and is a huge fan. He's not really heard of over here

Have a good day everyone

Anna
Old 01-13-2003, 03:23 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

DEB- Way to go!!!!!WooHoo! You go girl!

Okay, confession time- I totally blew it yesterday! I was at a new LOW for me(holiday pounds gone plus 2 more)-210. THen I went and ate 2 pieces of pizza and a BIG candy bar. UGH! Of course the scales say 211 today. Okay, I'm back on track and dusting myself off.
Old 01-13-2003, 03:31 PM   #27  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

AFTERNOON ALL YOU BUSTERS!!

Had a minute and thought I would pop in to see if there were anymore descriptions of the weekend..

ATTENTION!!!!!!

I'm not going to be gone from the board for ever, just won't be on as much as usual...I work at a hospital, doing insurance and
Jan - April is our busy time..I just wanted you all to know in advance so an APB wouldn't be issued....

WENDY....I was only kidding about the phone call....Debbie can never get me because of the computer....Believe me, when she finally gets me, I get a stearn talking to

I'm off...got to get some things done around here and then I need to sit down and pay some bills!!! If you hear sniffling and
bawling...it's me as I sign these checks!!!

Don't forget JOE MILLIONAIRE!!!! Tonight...

BOB
Old 01-13-2003, 04:47 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good afternnon,

Getting ready to head home. Sure DH will want to walk as soon as I get in the door. Might as well get it over with. Plus I hate to walk in the dark. Always afraid of stumbling.

Don't know what we are having for dinner. Hamburgers or chicken fajitas.

Hope we hear some details of the trip. I think Deb still has a couple at her house today.

I'm sure the board will be buzzing tomorrow.

Maemae, It's sure no fun starting all over again or losing those same pounds over again. Good for you jumping right back on track before it gets out of hand. Good idea stocking the fridge with legal foods. Bet you are glad to have your babies home.

Serene, Glad this weekend was a motivator for you and that you are back on track. I said we ALL are getting to goal this year so hurry up and get started. How is Tranquil today? Any better? Sure wish she would drop in and just say hi. Tell her we are thinking of her.

TV, that must have been some long ride to work to drink all that water. I went to KC concert this summer. He was great and Sarah Evans and Kelly Coffee were with him and they were even better than he was. Enjoy. Good for you asking yur mom to have legal foods.

Toni, good for you increasing your exercise time. Don't push too hard.

Mom2Marsh, Those Walk away the Pound tapes are really good. It's not just walking. They have about 4 steps they do and alot of upper body work and some with weights. It goes so fast and I really work up a sweat w/o being exhausted. Tonight I'm going to try one of the Firm tapes (I hope).

ACW, do you like sweet potatoes? 1/2 is 1 starcy carb. Just eat lots of veggies in place of those potatoes, pasta. Pepperidge Farms makes a ww bread that most supermarkets carry.

Bob, we still are going to miss you even if you pop in occasionaly. It's just not the same. I heard on the news, now they are saying that Joe Millionaire relly might be a millionaire. THey are just tricking the viewers. Who knows.

Heartmom, THe next time you are faced with that situation, just think about your new low wt. That should keep you motivated. You are doing so great. Just think 11 more and you will be under 200. That will be here before you know it. The most important thing is that you are back on track today. Good job.

Have a great evening everyone. Talk to you tomorrow.

Jackie
257/165/145
10-10-01
Old 01-13-2003, 06:22 PM   #29  

Default Monday evening

Hi Everybody! Happy Monday!!!!

Well, remember last week when I was complaining about my stomach churning and I thought it was from staying within my calorie limitations? Well, it got progressively worse all week and by the weekend was being a major pain. I started wondering if it was an ulcer starting to brew. Today, one of my co-workers told me about her symptoms this weekend of being really sick. Just like my symptoms. She also said another friend of hers had the same thing. I was SOOOO relieved. Mainly because of the no ulcer and secondly because I want to eat right and keep those calories down.

JACK-K---Hey, congrats on doing so well. That?s really something to go two weeks without any spirits! Good for you!!! How did you get through those parties? Are you giving it up to help jump start you off a platform? I saw Leslie Sansone?s new infomercial. Those tapes look good. I will really have to fight myself not to order them. But you get three for $40 and that seems like a pretty good deal. I?m glad you had such a nice long visit with DD. You?ll be lonely for the next few days while you get used to her being back at school.

NEWPORTGIRL----Welcome! And please know that you can ask questions whenever you want on here. That?s what we?re here for is to learn and do better at our common goal which is to get healthy. Right???

BOB----Sorry to hear that work is getting demanding for you. Hang in there. There is a light at the end of the tunnel right? Please let us know how you like TOPS.

DAWN---I liked your motivation monday. Very clever. I hadn?t thought of it that way before. Thanks!

WENDY----So glad you had a great tiime this weekend. How is TRANQ? Feeling better I hope. I was so happy to get to talk with you. What fun to have a voice to go along with the great personality. Where ?the kids? glad to see you when you got home?

TV---Girl, if I drank 40 oz. on my way to work, I would never make it to work. Or have to start wearing a Depend. That?s a great idea to get it all out of the way so early. My gosh, what if you got stuck in a traffic jam? Yikes!!! LOL

Okay! DH should be home anytime soon. I need to get in some sweats and relax. Take care. Be good.
Kim
Old 01-13-2003, 06:30 PM   #30  
Goddess

Thumbs down Monday evening

I'm having a hard time focusing today! And I'm about to STARVE! Don't know why I am so hungry this afternoon. Have been on program and have eaten a full lunch and two snacks (cheese and yogurt). I just ate the yogurt so maybe the hunger pangs will diminish in a little while. I so very seldom feel this way On SB--unless I skip a meal. Oh well. I have a steak thawing for dinner tonight will probably have a salad and 1/2 a baked sweet tater. That ought to fill me up!

Jackie--go walk with DH. You'll be glad you did!

BOB--Ok, I'm going to scratch the BOB APB from my to do list! Get those geezers well so you can play with us as often as possible. BTW--The University of Alabama is hollerin their crmison little heads off about UT being cleared of any NCAA wrongdoing. They are convinced that the entire reason they are on probation is that UT set them up and then turned them in. Heh heh heh.

Heartmom--Don't beat yourself up, just climb back on! I have a similar problem though--it seems that everytime I break through to a new low I get scared and do something to sabatoge myself. Hmmmm, we haven't got any issues or anything to work through have we?

ACW--We are glad to have you on the board no matter what the time difference!

Mom2marsh--I'll do my best with the pictures. I have to admit I'm looking forward to getting all "glammed" up. Don't get to do it often!

TV--where in AL are you? Are you going to the concert in Montgomery? A friend asked me if I wanted to go and then I haven't heard anything else from her.

Serene--Thanks for posting the pictures. it looks like y'all had a great time! Did anyone get any pictures of our beloved dungeon mistress crossing the finish line????

Maemae--get right back on the program--don't let a momentary lapse get you. Otherwise it will turn into a 4 month lapse (like mine) and you will have to repose weight you already lost! and let me tell you--it's no fun!!!!!

Monet--so far the weather channel is showing a high of 52 for next Monday (and just in the 40s for Sunday). Sigh. Guess I'm going to have to find a coat. I hate coats. I'd be happy if it were 80-90 degrees all year round!

Ok--time to fix supper. I hope everyone has a good evening!

Susan
Closed Thread