Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: In your immediate family, who has a weight problem (check all that apply)
My spouse 2 9.52%
One of my parents 3 14.29%
Both of my parents 2 9.52%
One sibling 4 19.05%
2 or more siblings 1 4.76%
One grandparent 1 4.76%
More than one grandparent 4 19.05%
One child 1 4.76%
More than one child 1 4.76%
Just me - wow, just my luck! 2 9.52%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2002, 01:29 PM   #76  
aka Zippy LiverFace

Default WOW!

I was going to try to respond to everyone, but I'm all out of breath after reading about DENISE's Scavenger Hunt!

DENISE - That sounds like a bunch of fun, but I agree - you deserve a prize for winning!!

SAP servers crashed this week and we were without e-mail for 2 days. So, as if things weren't bad enough with our conversion to SAP now it's even worse. They are asking people to work week-ends again.....but I can't. I have BEAUTY PAGENTS for the Princess all week-end! Meister is getting her all pretty today (not that it takes much with these little brown dogs)

DEB - You gotta look at it and if you don't like it she needs to fix it. Nothing bad or to feel bad about. Regardless, can't wait to see it.

MEL - I SENT YOU A PRIVATE MESSAGE! Couldn't find your e-mail so I did it on here.

BOB - Okay, Green Beans, Butter Beans, Broccoli and MEAT??? I can do that....but I'm still gonna sit by you the WHOLE WEEK-END!!

MONET & ROSE - You two keep on healing up nicely! You want to be in good shape for the PILLOW FIGHTS!!!

MARIE - I Miss you when you're not on here!! Thinking about you.

COUNTRY - I feel for ya! I hate doing everything perfectly and still not seeing the weight coming off. Kind of like kicking BOO-TEE in a Scavenger Hunt and not winning a prize. Just kidding, DENISE!

TRISH I have NOT EVEN STARTED SHOPPING!!! Heck, I've had the tree up since the week-end after Thanksgiving and still don't have decorations on it. How bad is that?? Everyone may be looking at a dead tree in January.

Gotta run! Have a great day, everyone!!
Old 12-13-2002, 02:37 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Just wanted to jump in here.

Glad to see the board has picked up today. Makes me feel all warm and cozy to have my friends around.

Trish, that books sound perfect. Let those jeans be your scale. It's more positive. Yeah our coach took the Baylor job. Really can't blame him. More money and he is from Texas too. Oh well, the search is on. Just hope we get a good one, we were just getting good.

Fillise, go back to bed for an hours. Things will have to improve. What a way to start Friday the 13th. Hope it's uphill the rest of the day.

Bob, was just thinking of you while I am sitting here eating a grapfruit (yum!). Know how much you love them. Going to have grapefruit jucie this evening, but I'm gonna put some vodka in it. Does that count

Country, If you are eating right I wouldn't worry. It could be so many things, harmones, etc. Just concentrate on eating right and don't worry about it. (easier said than done, I know).

Yellow, I think there are a couple of smart elecks (sp) that have finished.

Monet, staying in bed all days sounds like a wonderful plan, plus I think you need to rest some anyway. Boy you sound report that person as bell south. Don't they know the customer is always right? I'd call someone else to see what else you can get. I wouldn't pay the $100 and then wait for the credit.

Linworth, depending on the ages of your sons, they might really like money. Sometimes they like to pick their own stuff, especially clothes. I know girls do.

Denise, Wow what a cute idea. That sounds like a blast. I hope you had a great time. Don't you just love people that will help out with stuff like that. I can remember doing scavenger hunts many many years ago and some people were so nice and helpful. You want to tell the others to lighten up and live a little. What fun.

SugarbustingDeb, Welcome back. Not sure if I was on here when you were, but welcome anyway. I don't count grams. I eat 2 starchy carbs a day. Mostly bread. The book says 2-3 servings daily. which would be brown rice, wwsg bread, ww pasta, cereal. It is hard to face what you weigh. I kidded myself for a long time. When it started affecting my health I woke up and found SB. 94 lbs later I'm still here and still going. My biggest piece of advise is do it now. I am 49 (soon to be 50) and I so wish I had done this 10-15 years ago. Now my skin is saggy and I sure would have enjoyed wearing stylish clothes more so. Good luck to you.

Solshine, good luck on the beauty pagents. I'm sure your puppy will win. Gosh you make me feel so much better about the season. At least I have my tree and house decorated. Only 12 days left. Hurry

Jackie
257/165/145/
10-10-01
Old 12-13-2002, 05:31 PM   #78  

Hi,

I did get the present wrapped and made it to lunch with time to spare. Yeah for me.

Denise: Boy that scavenger hunt was quite the experience. I have been on one of the hunts but nothing on that
grand of a scale. I hope you are not giving Debbie any ideas. I will be glad when this collarbone thing does not
dictate my life. Hopefully by the time I see you in Ft Lauderdale. No blond for this girl who has very dark hair. I
guess the only highlights I am permitting is the grey...uh....silver.

How many carb grams are you allowing yourself per day? Congrats on finding a way that works for you to lose
weight.

SBDeb: Hi, and welcome back. All we can do is continue to try. I understand how it feels when my weight starts
going in the wrong direction. Hang in there.

Solshine: I am going to be much better, shoulder wise by the time of “the” slumber party but I may need to referee
the pillow fights from afar. Hey someone needs to watch for rule infractions. The empty tree sounds like you are
keeping it basic this year....ha. I haven’t even gotten the tree up, so, you are ahead of me.

Jack-K: Who are these people who have finished their shopping? Maybe I will take the high road and see what
their secret is.

Deb: I hope by now you have your hair to your liking. The low lights sound like a good idea.

Off to fix some of my spaghetti sauce.
Old 12-13-2002, 06:23 PM   #79  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

GOOD EVENING FROM THE TEMP IS DROPPING AND BY TOMORROW NIGHT IT WILL BE LOW 40's!!!

The rain has stopped, but the cold is headed this way..I've still got my air on, but I'm sure the heat will be on by bedtime!

Ok, I got my directions to SONYA's house, and I'm going down to AAA in the morning for a TRIP TIC!!

I'm almost sure that Debbie must have looked like TRAILER PARK TRASH or she wouldn't have been so upset... LOW LIGHTS are the answer, and that look is very becoming...she'll fix it..BUT....the short hair is what I'll have to get used to! For those of you who have never met her....she has the curliest hair you've ever seen...BUT when she blow drys is, she looks like a different person all together...I myself like the curly look on her..

MOVIE PICS FOR TONIGHT

DEAD HEAT
ONE WAY OUT

I'll let you know....

BOB
Old 12-13-2002, 08:53 PM   #80  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Evening All

Just got home, what a longggg day it's been.

I called my friend Sara who called COOKIE and she told me to come right in. It's not around the corner, but luckily I made it right on time. Sara was so sweet to meet me there and spend the time with me while Cookie redid my hair. She put in low lights and some other concoction when I told her I felt my hair was orange, something for the roots. It was REALLY blond, but more of a strawberry blond, just too blond for me. Anyhow, I didn't have her blow dry it out and just came home with it scrunched and funky looking. The color seems better now, definitely darker, but tomorrow will be the true test when I wash and blow dry it myself, until then, I'm not stressing over it.

Sara took me out to lunch afterwards, which was nice. She's a really sweet person-nuts, but sweet. Woman has 8 kids!!
She looked radiant today-Cookie did her hair yesterday and it was stunning.

Afterwards, headed home and had to p/u Lauren at her Dad's house and decided to take her to the movies. We saw DRUMLINE which I liked, esp. since I was in marching band in HS. Afterwards, had to rush home and p/u Michael to drop him off at a talent show he and his friend Ximena are in tonight, then went for gas. Well...my battery died at the gas station! Eli is still at work and luckily for me, his son Freddie lives right around the block AND was at home, so he came and jumped the battery, followed me home, took me to the auto parts store and came and put the new battery in for me. He's a mechanic, which is nice to have around, esp. when you need them! He usually works on stereo systems and alarms, but knows the basic mechanic stuff, thank goodness!

So, just got on my jammies and going to get something to eat, I'm starving. Wanted to jump on the board with this quickie before it got too late.

Will check in tomorrow at some point. I'm hoping to get in some replies soon, it's just been one of those sucky weeks! Can you believe, I haven't exercised since Monday That sure sucks!

Here's to a better week next week, all around.

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
Old 12-13-2002, 09:06 PM   #81  
RLB

Quote:
Originally posted by Debelli
...The new computer is running slower than the old computer or the laptop. I don't know why, same connection. You'd think the new computer would be somewhat faster, nope I have to figure this out, it's driving me batty...
Debbie, Does the new computer have Windows XP? And the other ones have a different version of Windows? I've read that XP loads all kinds of unnecessary services at startup and uses up too much memory. Here's a link that tells how to disable them... uncheck them... you can recheck them if you need them again... doesn't delete anything. Use the "Safe" column.

Ronnie

XP Configuration
http://www.blkviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm

"Disabling all of the "unneeded services" frees up 12-70 MB of RAM, depending on system."

"Do you mean that out of 89 services, 36 are set to Automatic as DEFAULT, but, we MAY only need 8 running?!? YES."

Last edited by RLB; 12-13-2002 at 09:09 PM.
Old 12-13-2002, 11:22 PM   #82  

Good Evening!

Well, I laid around most of the day and read. I can't get over how much better I felt by 3pm. We had a drama group at church tonight, Peculiar People, and it was hilarious. I really enjoyed the show. We did not hang around, but came home right away and are heading off to bed soon. Both my hubby and I are feeling run down, so a good nights sleep will help us both.

Sweet dreams everyone!

Denise: That scavenger hunt sounded like a lot of fun!

Deb: I am glad you were able to get your hair redone!

YELLOW: You and I can both referee! I am sure I will not be up to pillow fights!

SBDEB: Welcome! We are glad you are here..and hope we can help you reach your goals.

JACK: Vodka? You better be careful of those grapefruit juices!

Hubby told me I have to get off of here and get in bed....will get to everyone tomorrow!
Old 12-13-2002, 11:23 PM   #83  

Hey everyone!
Sorry I've been MIA all week. Been a busy one at work & other things going on. Did manage to finally get a little shopping done on Monday which was my only day off. Pulled another muscle in my back. That made for a rough few days.

Anyway, it is really cold here in SW LA. Was sooo windy today. Have had alot of rain, so needless to say that DD will NOT be in her own home this year. They have not been able to pour the concrete slab yet because of all the rain. Just when it looks like it will clear up, here it comes again. Oh well!! I guess I need to look like putting up a Christmas tree for the kids anyway. This is the latest I've ever been to put one up. It's just that we are so crowded that I'm not sure where I'm going to put it. Maybe hanging from the ceiling?

Have been doing better with staying OP this week. Weight back down to 136 & clothes fitting better.

Haven't really read the board as I am so far behind, so please forgive me for not addressing anyone personally, but wanted to at least say

174/136/135
Old 12-14-2002, 09:27 AM   #84  
Mel

Default Good Saturday morning!

I'm just sitting around trying to digest my breakfast before I head out for my "long" run of the week. Trying for 7.5 miles. Did 6.5 last Saturday, so it would be doable. Just Boooring! My discman is dying and the scenery hasn't changed in years.
Tonite we have a big holiday party to go to and I'm hoping I still fit into the dress I bought 4 months ago. It's sleeveless and my arms are rather-um, muscular.
After then run if I'm still alive, I gotta make some dent in making this house look a bit festive, and Christmas shopping. Half my family is Jewish, so that's all done with, but I still have a TON more to buy, wrap, think of in the first place! My dd is getting new front teeth to the tune of about $800, but I still need something she can actually unwrap. Her real ones were knocked out jr year of highschool playing field hockey (with a mouthguard) and the caps have turned gray and look pretty bad. Especially if you are 20 1/2 years old! Ds is getting a bunch of little stuff, but haven't thought of a biggie for him yet. And then there are the boxes I still need to ship to Texas and Florida. I hate waiting in lines! Should have shipped them in August.

Deb- Hope your hair is mah-va-lous today! Get off your butt and go for a run. Im sure not dragging you across the finish line! Send me your TJ's list soon. I may go there next week, or Jon drives past it everyday on his way home from work. Lucky about having a mechanic down the block. Now you just need a computer expert! LOL

Monet- Glad you are feeling a bit better today. Keep resting. It takes a long time to get back to healthy!

Yellow Rose- I'll be there referee'ing with you! Don't want to get hurt.

Denise- We've done scavenger hunts like that a couple of times. They're really fun, but draining. And boy do some people get competitive. Last one, there was a rule that the team members could not split up. One team spent all their time videotaping another team splitting up so that they could disqualify them! How silly. We won last prize which was a Johnny Cash Christmas CD! LOL.

Sol- Thanks for the PM!

It's freezing raining here again Yuck Yuck Yuck. How I envy you southerners when cold and miserable means 45 degrees! But not in the summer....

Outta here,
mel
Old 12-14-2002, 11:35 AM   #85  

Lolly gagging around all day yesterday felt so good, I am doing it again today!

Hubby is off helping some friends from church move...and daughter #2 is still asleep. She was out with her brother last night, and I don't even know what time she came in. I guess she will wake up when she has had enough sleep. I sure am not going to venture in there before then...she is a bear if she is tired!

MEL: I want to know what kinds of hard to find stuff you can get at this TJ place??

MELF: That is too bad about the house...rain can really delay construction...its kind of a catch 22, its needed, but frustrating! How about putting the tree up on the porch? in the garage? My mother in law has a small house and when we all descend on her at Christmas, it is a zoo! It amazes me that we have never knocked the tree down,what with all the kids running around and the adults cutting up....

BOB: How were the movies? My daughter is a Blockbuster manager, and her father in law is a big VP for a theater company...my family is movie crazy! Me? Give me A&E's Pride and Prejudice, and I am happy for six hours....

catch you all later!
Old 12-14-2002, 12:19 PM   #86  

OK, BOB, as you would say, I'm dragging my sorry butt back to the board once again.

First, let me say hello to everyone since I haven't been around for a month or so. I'm not one of the Holiday drop outs, however, my absence has been due to working a full time job for the first time in 19 years. Seems like there just isn't enough time for everything that needs to be done, especially with so much always going on at home. Now, I'm not complaining, just trying to explain my absence. I'm getting into more of a routine now, so hope to be able to post more often.

I'm really enjoying my new job and think I'm doing fairly well learning something that I had no knowledge of beforehand. Everyone has been very nice and helpful to me at the office, and the best part is working with my friend Tranquil, who has also been absent from the board lately. We sit right around the corner from each other, and have lunch together almost daily. We usually bring something SB legal and eat in one of the conference rooms, or got out to eat at least once a week. My weight has been staying the same, fluctuating a few pounds up and down every week. I've been drinking a lot more coffee and less water since starting work, so that may have something to do with my weight not going down. I've had a few cheats, but nothing major or consistent. The biggest challenge during the holidays is all the wonderful gift baskets filled with goodies that clients are sending to the office on a daily basis.

I'm really looking forward to the Orlando get together next month. Sounds like we are going to have a great time. Tranquil has reserved our room so we are all set. I can't wait to meet everyone that will be there.

Please excuse me for not posting to individuals right now. I've missed so much that I can't possibly catch up, just have to start fresh from today. I do see there are some newbies, so a warm welcome to you. I've really missed my friends on the board and have kept you in my thoughts, even though I wasn't getting to the board.

Take care and I promise to be back soon.

Wendy
Old 12-14-2002, 01:51 PM   #87  

GOOD Brrrrrrrrrr IT'S COLD OVER HERE WHERE THE LOTTER IS TONIGHT!!!!!

I've been BUTT LAZY today. I've done NOTHING!!! Did wash some clothes for Kate. She's coming home next Saturday, and I should be cleaning this house~!
Got the LONGEST DAY on the boob tube..Give me JOHN WAYNE any day!

The weather is windy and about 55 degrees...got the windows open right now, but they will be coming down soon TRUST ME!

WENDY...I heard that sorry butt trying to pull itself up on the board...I just knew it was you!
Glad you like your job..it really helps to work with a friend too.
Can't wait to see you next month...

MONET...That's a girl...take it easy...I wouldn't be out in the crowds up there today for nuttin

MEL...get that butt out there and get to running...Deb will be running faster with all that hair gone...better watch out!

MELF...good to see you posting..that wind must be blowing up this way...Brrrrrrrrrr

Well I must get something done, even if it's wrong!

Got some steaks thawing...will throw them on the grill after while.

Later
BOB
Old 12-15-2002, 12:39 PM   #88  

Hi..I am Kathy and I just got the sugar busters book. I think I need to strart it...like today!!! I haven't done so good with WW. The only time I have ever lost weight was when I went to OA followed their plan. It was kinda more of an Atkins type diet..Didn't work for me cause it was hard to add back some of the higher carbs..In OA you don't eat suger and I know tht was why I lost weight..I am totally addictited to sugar..Once I start, Iusually don't stop until what ever I am eating is gone.

According to a electronic scale at work (which i don't know if it correct or not) says I weigh 199..Yuck..that is sooo much!!! but it is a weight I have been for years, and I am sick of it!!! So...today I am not going to eat sugar, I will keep my carbs to 2, and I will eat my protein. And I will stay away from suger.

For exercise I go to Curves..It works for me since it only takes 1/2 hour and I have seen the results of people who go..and I know I can be that person If i just eat according to plan and go to Curves 5 days a week.

I am married to Jim, a nice guy and I have 2 daughters..One lives in Louisana and is in the Air force. My other lives with her husband in Sac and is going to nursing school. No grandkids yet but maybe after nursing school.

It seems like this fp really works, all of you have really lost weight on this..I like that...It is scarry to think about not eating sugar though. I guess I got to do this 1 day at a time and not think about it on the long term. Know what I mean.?..I can see doing it for 24 hours...

Well better get ready for my day..

I will keep posting..

Kathy
Old 12-15-2002, 01:36 PM   #89  

I'M STILL BROKE......4 TICKETS WON THE LOTTO!!!

Still cold over here...got the windows open though..love that fresh air!

WELCOME ...MIADA...you've come to the right place. We have the BEST CORNER ON THE BOARD!!! Any questions you might have, please feel free to ask...there is always someone here that can
answer.

OK....WHERE IS EVERYONE???????

I'm off to watch the BEAR BRYANT movie..

BOB
Old 12-15-2002, 01:59 PM   #90  

Hi,

BOB: I love all your images!

I also use Trip Tics. My husband always hated it when I would unfold and fold maps in the car and this is just perfect to keep the noise down from the paper as well as let me know when the next rest stop is near.

I guess everyone is just very busy with shopping and they don't have time for typing. Today I am planning and starting tomorrow, a friend and I will take 3 days to do all shopping that is left. About time....we do it this way every year, so, I am not worried.

Serene: Welcome back to the board. I look forward to seeing you in Orlando. Are you joining in on the pillow fights or are you joining those of us on the sidelines?

Miata: Welcome! Sugar Busters is a great program and allows a lifetime approach to better eating. Not only has my weight dropped but my triglycerides and cholesterol levels are much improved. As BOB says, there are lots of people on the board willing to help with information and support. My daughter has been going to Curves and thinks it is a good program also.

Hope you all have a good day.
Closed Thread