Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2002, 02:20 PM   #1  
grateful

Question I need help with Sugar Busters program

I was going to start the program at the beginning of next year but I am just getting bigger and bigger so I need to start right now. Not wait another day. I haven't yet been able to purchase the sugar busters book, I only have the small shoppers guide. I live in a rural country town so I don't have a lot of fancy choices at the grocery store. I guess one of my stubbling block right now is menus ideas. Simple, minue ideas. What to eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack. Today for breakfast I had real oalmeal, not instant, 1 teaspoon butter and 2 packs of Equal. For lunch I had 3 slices of ff, no sugar turkey on wheat bread with no sugar and 4 grams of fiber and mustard with no added sugar and lettuce.Just been drinking water. I need any help I can get. Thanks
Old 12-02-2002, 03:23 PM   #2  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

HI LADY! Welcome to the SB BOARDS It's great that you aren't waiting and are ready to start on SB now.

The shoppers guide is good to have, but do try to get the book. Actually, I do think they are coming out with a newer version come January, so you may want to wait if you are thnking about buying it, but you can easily get a copy at your local library, if you do have one nearby. Also, I recommend reading MICHAEL MONTIGNAC'S book, EAT YOURSELF SLIM, in which he explains more about this WOE in better detail than the SB BOOK.

Until then I suggest you look at the site below, just click on the link:

http://www.prettyimpressivestuff.com/sugarbusters

As for menus and things to eat on this WOE, it really is easy. You don't need any fancy foods to follow this WOE. The only thing that many people have a hard time finding is agave syrup which is something we use to bake with, but I don't suggest even thinking about this until you are well OP.

I think most people have a hard time with breakfast ideas more than anything else, but that shouldn't be hard at all. Eggs, oatmeal, high fiber cereal, sf bacon, cottage cheese, the list goes on. If you have a way to get some SGWW flour you can also do pancakes, waffles, etc. We also have some great ideas on the recipe boards, so take a peek there as well.

Please join us on the regular WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD so we can all help answer any questions you may have, we're all eager to help anyone we can Just make sure you use the QUICK REPLY box at the bottom of any page OR hit POST REPLY, just don't hit NEW THREAD otherwise your post will not show up on the weekly board.

You can always contact me directly as well at [email protected]

GOOD LUCK!

Debbie
Closed Thread