Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Thanksgiving is almost here, so how do you going to do with TG dinner?
I plan on staying 100% OP 7 21.21%
I plan to have one small indiscretion 4 12.12%
I plan on having a little of whatever I want 13 39.39%
I plan on throwing all caution to the wind, but get right back on track after 4 12.12%
I may turn TG into a 4-day Olympic eating event! 1 3.03%
Can you send me the wagon come Monday? No, not Friday, MONDAY! 0 0%
I may end up looking like a stuffed holiday turkey-HELP! 0 0%
I started my holiday eating when Halloween rolled around--HELP! 1 3.03%
Other (like Canadian) 3 9.09%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2002, 09:18 AM   #31  

Good morning everyone.

Well, it's cold and rainy here this morning, supposed to be that way on and off all week. Yuk. And we're trying to move my mother on Friday. Hopefully, it will clear up a little by then.

We went to a Mexican restaurant last night and I fell completely off the wagon: 2 margaritas, too many chips, and 3 chicken flautas. Back on track today, though. I think I'm making taco soup tonight for dinner. If I'd been smart, I'd have put it in the crock pot this morning, but it cooks up pretty quickly so it should be alright. I never put the tortillas in until I serve it and I'll just skip them. Speaking of soup, has anyone tried making chicken and dumplings with whole wheat flour? Is there a whole wheat baking mix that's legal? I know the Bisquick brand uses enriched wheat flour so that's out, but has anyone found one at a HFS?

Guess I better get to work. I sent Seth to school half sick today and I have a feeling he's not going to make it all day. Talk to you guys later.

Trish
Old 11-26-2002, 09:29 AM   #32  
Goddess

Thumbs down Tuesday morning

Still trying to decide if I am going to get in the car and drive for 8 hours today. I really want to get on the road, but I suspect I might be better off giving it one more day. The heating pad and ice packs have been my best friends.

Trish--mexican restaurants are bad for me too--those chips and then those Margaritas--I just have to stay away as much as possible!

Thunder--It's good to hear from you! A lot of us have been struggling with staying on track--so you are not alone! Hang in there--we'll keep you company.

Beth--congrats on getting through your first Thanksgiving! Enjoy Nashville--I hear the Opryland hotel is just gorgeous at Christmas!

SEF--thanks for the positive thoughts--yes I LOVE my heaing pad. I'm thinking og going to the drug store and getting some heat patches for the car.

Jack-K--OH MY GOSH!!!!!!! There is no time between Christmas and THanksgiving this year! I'd better get busy if I'm going to finish that stupid stocking!!!!!!!

OK--I'm going to go put some things in the car and see how my back does. I'll make the decision to go or to stay in the next few minutes.

Have a great day everyone!

Susan
Old 11-26-2002, 09:52 AM   #33  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Tuesday Morning Everyone

Surely didn't feel like exercising this morning. Was able to sleep til 5am today and then fall in and out of consciousness from there on, but still awoke tired. Still not 100% over this cold either, which doesn't help matters much. I knew I didn't have it in me to jog but instead of staying in I managed to go out and at least walk th 4.5 miles. Was slow as a snail, taking me 1hr 57 seconds to do it, but at least I went.

Found out ELI is off today, well, sort of. He had to do a coffee presentation this morning but he said it shouldn't last long so when he gets home we're out the door. Hoping to take in a movie today, hopefully I can keep my eyes open come afternoon!

Was soo happy yesterday, FINALLY found my SB LEGAL PUMPKIN PIE RECIPE!!! I'm making it to take on Thursday, along with the cranberry sauce and sourdough stuffing, possibly the cheesecake as well-all SB LEGAL!

Eating continues to be 100% and it makes me feel so good. Thought I'd post my menu for yesterday-I swear, anyone who would ever think of saying we don't eat well on this WOE should have their head examined!

3.1 oz prickly pear
1/2oz roasted chestnuts
5.6oz raspberries
1sl sf bread
3oz chicken breast
.3oz lf mayo
1/2oz onion/celery
3.1oz prickly pear
2 1/2oz chickpeas
9oz raw zucchini
1/2oz grated parm cheese
3oz sf spgti sauce
.3oz bread
1/2oz avocado
4.9oz raw salmon
.2oz pine nuts
4oz cottage cheese
3oz salad mix
1/2oz dressing
1/2oz shredded parm. cheese
3.5oz prickly pear
8oz Stewarts sf soda

Total for the day:
Calories 1215 (little lower than I'd like)
44 grams fat
115 grams carbs
97.5 grams protein
31.5 grams fiber
450mg calcium (low for me)

TUESDAY TIP As I've mentioned in the past, when you watch your starchy carbs, keep in mind that a starchy carb serving is equal to about 15 grams of carbs and 80 calories. Yesterday I learned something new when it comes to what a serving of fruit would be. For fruits it too is also 15 grams of carbs, but with 60 calories (some sites say 10-15grams of carbs on fruit, so 15 would be max). So with this info I can see that in the past I've really gone overboard at times with fruits and serving sizes, something I can keep a better eye on should I find myself not losing, could be the culprit.

Well, I better get going with some replies before I find myself having to go in the shower and have only talked about piddly stuff...

MONET, I hope you are feeling better every day. I know how crappy I'm feeling and I sure didn't have mono! Don't try to do too much before you should, you don't need any kind of a relapse!

FILLISE, I hope you have a good trip and a good TG. I hope you find some relief for your back, sounds painful. Hope Miss Belle behaves herself and doesn't give you too much trouble. OMG, you HAVE to tell me about foot reflexology , have you ever had it done? I've wanted to get that done for such a long time. I love my feet being massaged more than anything and find it just as good as sex, if not better-you know, it depends I do hope you can find a way to come to DW in Jan but would definitely hope you could stay until Sunday, just a day-we may have to keep you there against your will, not long enough!!!! LMK if you can!

ZANNE, I don't know about walking at 4:30am, though I've thought about it, down my way I'm sure to get killed! If we walked together they'd just be getting a 2-4-1 deal on the both of us. Up your way, I don't think I'd have any trouble sleeping, well, at least getting out of bed-I'd be too cold to get out from under the covers, for sure! When we went to Montreal in Oct. one time it was hard enough for me to sit on the cold toilet seat without yelping!!!

COUNTRY, okay, please explain to this city girl what the heck backstrap and milk gravy are-or do I really want to know? Unfortunately I forgot my camera the other day, but you can be well assured I will be taking it in January to get everyone's mug shots! Hmm, something legal at SB, well, I know they have SF vanilla so they can make something with that. Forgo the whipped cream. I'll have to ask ELI for some suggestions, though the partners at the store you went to should of known what they could serve you. I get a tall non-fat one shot one sweet & low latte when I get something from there. Not a coffee lover, but ELI'S trying to convert me slowly.

LDBLOND, thanks for your MM contribution! What did the Dr. say?

GRACIOUS, just a quick hello! Trust me, if you were having TG dinner cooked by me, that hungry feeling would be thrown out the window!

MUSIC, enjoy that chocolate pie, have a small piece and then forget about it til next year!

MELF, it was great talking to you as well! Can't wait to see what you were able to come up with for the trip down. You said you had your ticket, so I didn't look further-or should I???

GLORY, don't let your Mother's pouting get to you, if you don't want to eat something DON'T! I won't let my GM get to me anymore and boy, it feels great not to give a darn about what she thinks like I use to. YOU have to make you happy first!

JACKK, seems you have lots of problems with your DSL line, or is the norm. I don't have DSL so I don't know much about it. I agree with you, TG dinner is very easy to stay on track if you want to. Sorry I missed finding you at home, but do know I'll try another day-I just was calling to say "howdy!" Oh, don't get so stressed that Xmas is just around the corner...Hanukah starts Friday!!!!!! Let me stress first!

DENISE, you are so kind to say those nice things about me and ELI, though don't think that for one minute that you arse can't be put in the DETOX DUNGEON if needed Seriously though, again, I had a nice time and know we will be getting together again soon. Hmmm, those coffee beans, SB doesn't carry flavored coffee beans as far as I know, are you sure they were SB's? If so, I'll have to ask the COFFEE MAN here at home. You'll have to let me know how your pies came out and what those who ate the SF cherry cheesecake thought of it.

SEF, loved those "life lessons" you posted. What's on your agenda for the TG holiday?

TRISH, any news on the possibility of coming down? LMK! Cool beans on your measuring at Curves-how are you liking it there? Good luck with your DM's move on Friday-get that TV hooked up for sure! I know I have a recipe for dumplings using ww flour-e-mail me and remind me to find it for you, otherwise I'll def. forget!

BETH, sounds like you are doing great! Glad I was able to help you get the cheesecake recipe in the nick of time. I haven't found one person, whether on SB or not that doesn't love it, glad it was a hit! Keep up the great work of staying OP, see you can do it!!! Hope you're feeling better and get over whatever you have soon!

THUNDER, glad to see you're feeling better being on track. As far as I know, pomegrantes are legal. I like them too, just such a pain to eat sometimes. I've been in to cactus/prickly pears lately. I'll update your e-mail, thanks for letting me know!

MAZDA, Glad you've decided to join not only us, but in following a great WOE! Don't worry about exercising at this point, more important you feel better first. There are many people on the board who've switched from Atkins to SB and find it a much easier WOE to follow, not to mention healthier. Please don't hesitate to ask questions, we're all more than eager to help answer them best we can. Look forward to getting to know you better!! Once again, WELCOME!

Okay, I really have to go get in the shower. Will catch up with you all later.

TONIGHT IS CHAT AT 9:15PM EST and TOMORROW IS WEIGH IN WEDNESDAY!!!!

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
194/130/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 11-26-2002, 09:56 AM   #34  

Good Morning!

I did ok yesterday at breakfast and dinner..and lunch too. It was the popcorn during the movie I watched with my daughter that was not quite ok. Other than that, I had a good day. A lot better than my daughter, but we won't go into that.

Today, I have a migraine. (so does my daughter, which is part of her bad day yesterday) It is not too bad right now, so I hope it gets better instead of worse. I did not get the chance to rest as much as I would have liked yesterday either. I am feeling well enough to do some things around here, and I feel so badly for my poor husband who gets really frazzled and can't handle much out of the ordinary. My car battery died yesterday, so he had to charge it up so the car would start. He had to skip his workout for that, and he did not feel well. I felt sorry for him so I fixed dinner and went to the store last night. I am going to try and relax and rest today. I may go get a haircut though, since I am tired of my hair. It is very long and straight- like more than halfway down my back. I am thinking of getting it cut to shoulder length and having bangs cut. I think that will be more suited to my face shape. Not sure what I want though.

I am going to try Deb's cheesecake this afternoon. Anyone got a recipe for apple pie made with agave? I am planning on making a SB legal pecan pie if I can find the recipe. I know I have it, just not sure where it is!

I will be back later!
Old 11-26-2002, 10:13 AM   #35  

I finally got on the board. I had trouble till this morning. So I'm way behind. Wish someone would post the pecan pie recipe made with agave. I would love it. I can't seem to get back on the treadmill. I just don't want to and know I should. Hopefully soon I'll give it a whirl. Its cold here in Missouri but where we are we haven't any snow. Wish that we wouldn't have much this year. Or wait till Jan. Hope everyone is having a good week....

213/165.5/130
Old 11-26-2002, 10:44 AM   #36  

Today has me completely FRAZZLED!

Deb, Drs are doing medical studies, still no information.

Jack-K, I didn't type my post. My MMs are all CUT AND COPIED from another place. I can't stand typing with right hand and am very slow with left, thanks for the well wishes though.

Happy Thanksgiving to All! I don't know about you all, but I know I have much to be thankful for!
Old 11-26-2002, 10:51 AM   #37  
Sonya

Talking

Hi everyone,

Trishaloo--I have made the dumplings with whole wheat flour and they are great. I like them even better than with reg flour. And u make them the same way.

Staying on track again today.

Everyone have a great day!!!!!
Old 11-26-2002, 11:05 AM   #38  

Default More Recipes

I got most of these off the SugarShakers list from Bethie in case anyone needs more holiday recipes:

Turkey Caesar Salad Sandwich
1 tablespoon Caesar dressing
1/2 whole wheat pita bread pocket
2/3 large spinach leaves, cleaned and torn into bite-sized pieces
4 slices Roasted Smoked Turkey, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
1 roma (plum) tomato, thinly sliced
1/4 cup roasted yellow bell pepper, peeled, seeded and sliced*
1/4 cup sliced artichokes (canned in water)
1 slice red onion

Spread Caesar dressing inside pita pocket.
Layer spinach leaves, turkey, tomato, pepper, artichokes and red onion in the pita pocket.

*Roasted Peppers:
To roast a pepper, broil or grill 10 to 12 minutes, turning frequently until all sides of skin are blackened.
Place in a covered bowl and let stand 5 minutes. Peel.
Or buy roasted peppers (water packed) at your supermarket

Cracker Turkey Club
20 Triscuit crackers
3/4 cup chopped lettuce
1 cup chopped cooked turkey or chicken
3/4 cup chopped Swiss Cheese slices divided{light or fat free for WW}
3 tbs Dijon mustard
1 tbs mayo{light or fat free for WW}
1/3 cup chopped tomato

Arrange crackers on bottom of a 9 in pie plate. Sprinkle lettuce over crackers Mix turkey,1/2 cup Swiss cheese,mustard and mayo,spoon over lettuce. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and tomato. Bake at 350o for 6-8 minutes. Serve warm.

Good Grean Beans
Preparation Time: 10 min. Cooking Time: 20 min.
Serves 4
1 pound fresh green beans, washed, trimmed (or 1-16oz. package frozen whole
green beans)
2 slices turkey bacon
1 medium onion, peeled, diced
2 cloves garlic, peeled, minced
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Fill medium saucepan with 2" water and set to boil. Add beans and cook 3-4 minutes, or just until crisp tender. Drain; set aside.

In nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan and drain well on paper towels, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet.

Add onion and garlic to skillet and cook for 3 minutes, stirring often. Add thyme and pepper and stir. Add beans and crumbled bacon and cook 1-2 minutes, stirring, until heated. Serve immediately.

Per serving"69 calories, 2 gr. fat, 4 gr. fiber, WW Points:1

Cordon Bleu Casserole
2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
4 cups cubed cooked turkey
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese--use light Swis
1/3 cup butter or margarine--use light butter
1/3 cup all-purpose flour-use light spelt or ww flour
1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1-3/4 cups milk

TOPPING:
1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs--use ww bread
1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese--use light Swiss
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted --use light butter

In a nonstick skillet, saute ham for 4-5 minutes or until browned; drain and pat dry. In a greased 2-qt. baking dish, layer the turkey, cheese and ham; set aside. In a saucepan, saute the onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, mustard and nutmeg until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over ham. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.

LEGAL Stuffing
1 stick of butter or margarine
1 cup of celery, chopped
1 bunch of green onions, finely chopped
2 large portabella mushroom caps, cut into large pieces
1 loaf of fresh whole wheat bread, cut into cubes{SB legal}
1/4 cup of parsley leaves (or 1 cup fresh parsley)
1 teaspoon of sage leaves
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of rubbed thyme (or 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme)
1/2 teaspoon of pepper
Preparation:
Melt butter or margarine in a large frying pan or Dutch oven. Add celery, onion and mushrooms. Cook until all elements are tender. Remove from heat. In a separate dish (a large corning ware casserole dish is ideal) mix bread cubes, and spices.
Spoon the celery, onion and mushroom mixture into the casserole dish. Turning all ingredients gently to mix thoroughly.
Place stuffing into the same oven as the turkey and cook for between 30 and 45 minutes.NOTES: This can be used inside of the bird. If you do stuff, make sure the interior of the turkey reaches at least 165 to 170 degrees and remove the stuffing immediately from the cooked bird, otherwise you may
have to contend with bacteria.

Crunchy Turkey Bake
3 cups cubed cooked turkey or chicken
1 pkg frozen peas & carrots
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
dash pepper
1/2 cup mayo
6 tomato slices
3/4 cup crushed Triscuits

Preheat oven to 350°

Combine turkey, vegetables, 1/2 cup cheese, onion, lemon juice, seasonings and mayo; mix lightly Put in casserole dish Top with tomato slices Bake 25 minutes. Mix remaining cheese and Triscuits and sprinkle on casserole. Return casserole to oven & continue to bake until cheese melts --- about 5 minutes.

Turkey Tacos

2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
1 pound turkey cutlets
1 tablespoon taco seasoning
1/3 cup sour cream
1/4 cup chopped red onion
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1/4 cup salsa
1/2 bell pepper (any color), cut into thin strips
4 La Tortilla Factory tortillas (any flavor)

1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet. Sprinkle turkey cutlets with taco seasoning; cook 2 minutes per side or just until cooked through. Transfer turkey to a cutting board and cut into strips.
2. Add sour cream, onion, and cilantro to skillet. Cook 1 minute, stirring, until heated through. Return turkey strips and juices to skillet.
3. To crisp each tortilla, place 1 teaspoon oil in a medium skillet and heat until very hot. Fry tortillas 1 minute per side. Fill each with ¼ of the filling. Top with ¼ of the pepper strips and 1 tablespoon salsa.

Pumpkin Pudding

2 small boxes of Sugar Free Jello vanilla pudding
1 can of pumpkin
3 cups of milk
Mix Jello pudding and milk together. Mix in can of pumpkin quickly. Chill.

Mashed Notatoes
1 head cauliflower -- trimmed, washed and cut into chunks
3 tablespoons Butter
3 tablespoons cream -- or sour cream
Salt and pepper -- to taste
Steam the cauliflower till well-cooked. Add 2-3 tbsp. of butter and mash. If you like it a little chunky, use a potato-masher or mixer. If you like it very smooth, use a stem/wand-type mixer. Add cream, a tbsp. at a time, till desired consistency. Salt and pepper to taste.
OR try....
Twice-baked not-potato casserole
Add grated cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon (optional), a beaten egg or some sour cream, and put in a casserole dish. You can top with more grated cheese.

Broil till top is browned.

WW stuffing:

1 loaf SG WW bread, cubed
1/3 cup margarine or butter
1 large onion, diced
1 medium bunch of celery, diced
2 teaspoons sage
2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
2 cans chicken broth
1 egg

Melt butter, add celery, onions, 1 can of broth and spices. Cook until celery and onions are tender.

In a large bowl, pour onion/celery mix over teh bread cubes. Stir well, adding more chicken broth until you get a mixture that is "sticky". You may have to add more broth, a little at at ime. I usually mix this with my VERY CLEAN hands. Add salt and pepper now to taste before the next step. Also, add more sage if you like more.

Add: 1 raw egg and mix well.

Put in greased oven baking dish and bake at 350 degrees until done... 30 to 45 minutes. You could stuff your turkey with this if you wish.

You could add other ingredients that you are use to having in your stuffing if you wish, ie. mushrooms.

Sweet Potato Gratin

2-3 tbsp unsalted butter
5 lbs sweet potatoes
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 cups whole milk
1/4 tsp nutmeg, freshly grated
1 stick cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

garnish:
fresh rosemary or thyme sprigs

directions:

1) preheat oven to 400 degrees F
2) Butter a large, shallow, ovenproof gratin dish or casserole, no more than 2 inches high. The larger surface area yields more crust.
3) wash and peel the potatoes and place whole into cold water with a vitamin C tablet added, until ready to proceed with recipe. The vitamin C (ascorbic acid) will keep the potatoes from oxidizing.
4) meanwhile, combine the garlic, whole milk, and cinnamon stick in a saucepan. Bring just to a boil and quickly remove from heat. Keep warm.
5) Dry the potatoes well and slice them into 1/8 inch rounds using a mandoline. Place the potato slices into the buttered gratin dish evenly without breaking them. Only the top layer needs to be arranged in a cirle around the dish. Salt and pepper each layer. Pour the seasoned cream over the top of the potatoes and shake the dish gently to allow the cream to flow between potato layers.
6) Top with additional dots of butter, if desired. Place the dish into the oven. Reduce the heat to 350 degrees F and bake the potatoes for 1 hour until the top has browned and the cream is bubbling.
7) remove the gratin from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.

serves 12

Whole Wheat Biscuits presented by Sweet Biscuit Inn

2 cups whole-wheat flour
1 Tbsp sugar
2 tsps baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup milk

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and lightly spray oil on a baking sheet. Mix all the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Stir with a fork. Cut in the butter with the pastry blender until butter pieces are smaller than pea sized. Combine the sour cream and milk and pour into the center of the dry ingredients. Stir with a fork to mix. Do not over blend, it should be sticky, not dry. Add more milk if too dry. Turn the dough out onto a white floured surface and knead for a few strokes only. Pat the dough into a
thickness of 1/2 inch. Cut biscuits and reform scraps to cut again, trying to not overwork the dough with much more flour. Bake for 15 minutes or until light brown on top. Serve warm.

the second I got here: http://www.easycook.com/baking_variations.html

Main Biscuit Recipe

2 cups flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons shortening
3/4 cup milk or half milk and half water
Makes about 14 biscuits

Whole Wheat or Graham Biscuit

Take one cup whole wheat or graham flour and one cup white flour, one tablespoon granulated or brown sugar and proceed exactly as in the main recipe, baking about 14 minutes. All whole wheat or graham flour can be used if desired.

Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt: add shortening and mix in thoroughly with steel fork. Add liquid slowly to make soft dough. Roll or pat out with hands on floured board to about one-half inch in thickness. Cut with biscuit cutter, first dipped in flour. Place on slightly greased pan and bake in hot oven at 475 degrees F. ten to twelve (10-12) minutes. If a shorter biscuit is desired, use three to four tablespoons shortening.

Dough can be baked immediately or covered and set aside in a cool place for several hours before baking. If kept in refrigerator, allow to stand at room temperature for a few minutes before baking.

got this recipe here: http://thanksgiving.allrecipes.com/az/swtpttpiiii.asp

Sweet Potato Pie III
This is a down home fresh sweet potato pie. I hope you enjoy this recipe as
much as my family.
Prep Time: approx. 10 Minutes.
Cook Time: approx. 50 Minutes.
Ready in: approx. 1 Hour .
Makes 8 servings.
Printed from Allrecipes, Submitted by Lisa H.
----------------------------------------------------------
2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
3 eggs, beaten
1 cup evaporated milk
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (9 inch) unbaked deep dish
pie crust

Directions
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2 In a medium bowl, mix the sweet potatoes, eggs,
evaporated milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt. Pour into the pie crust.
3 Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 50 minutes,
or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Top
with whipped topping or serve warm with vanilla ice cream.

if using for the sweet potato pie or for pecan pie, do not prebake.

whole wheat pie crust:

1 1/2 c whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c vegetable shortening
3 tbsp water

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Mix all ingredients together with a fork. Roll out and put in pie pan. Prick bottom and sides and bake 10-15 minutes.

PUMPKIN MARBLE CHEESECAKE

INGREDIENTS:

Crust:
2 cups finely chopped pecans
1/3 cup butter, melted

Filling:
2-8 oz. pkgs. brand cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sugar substitute
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 eggs
1 cup canned pumpkin
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

PREPARATION:

CRUST:

1. Combine pecans and margarine; press onto bottom and 1-1/2
inches up sides of 9-inch pie pan and bake for 10 minutes at 350
degrees.

FILLING:

1. Combine cream cheese, 2/3 of total sugar substitute and vanilla,
mixing at medium speed on electric mixer until well blended.

2. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each one is added.
Reserve 1 cup of batter. Add remaining sugar substitute, pumpkin
and spices to remaining batter; mix well.

3. Spoon pumpkin and cream cheese batters alternately over
crust; cut through batters with kinfe several times for marble
effect.

4. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes. Chill and serve.

Servings: 8
Carb Count: Approx. 8 per serving

Sweet Potato Shuffle

3 cups sweet potatoes, cooked & mashed
1 cup Spenda
2 eggs
1/2 stick butter, melted
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup milk

TOPPING:
1 cup pecans
1 cup Splenda
1/2 stick margarine, melted
1/3 cup SGWW pastry flour

Mix sweet potatoes, Splenda, eggs, butter, vanilla and milk. Place in a greased casserole dish (2 qts.). Mix topping ingredients and spread over potato mixture. Pat lightly. Bake 35 minutes at 350 deg.

Sweet Potato Pecan Balls

1 medium sweet potato, scrubbed
2 Tbsp whipped butter
8 pecan halves, chopped
1 or 2 packets artificial sweetener or fructose
1 tsp ground cinnamon
Salt to taste

Preheat the broiler.
Wrap the potato in a paper towel and microwave at full power for 4 to 5 minutes, until soft to the touch. Slice open, remove the pulp with a spoon, and put it into a bowl. While still hot, mix in the butter.
Add the pecans, artificial sweetener or fructose, and cinnamon.
Mix thoroughly and form the mixture into 8 balls about 1-1/2 inches in diameter. Place on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Position about 4 inches from the heat source, and broil until somewhat crusty, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn the balls over, and broil for about 2 minutes
more to brown the other side. Sprinkle with salt and serve.

Serves 2 to 4.

Note: Also try these as a side dish with roast turkey. Sweet potatoes are extremely nutritious, containing well over the recommended daily allowance of beta-carotene. Whipped butter contains 30 percent less saturated fat than an equivalent amount of regular butter.

Sugar Busters! Cookbook
pages 338-339

Whole-Grain Rolls

2-3/4 C stone-ground whole-wheat flour
1 tsp salt
1 packet quick-rise yeast
1/3 C olive oil
3/4 C plus 2 Tbsp water

Combine the flour, salt, and yeast in a food processor. Turn the machine on and process for 1 minute to blend. With the machine running, add the olive oil through the feed tube, then slowly add water just until a dough ball forms. (You may not need to use the full amount.) Continue to process for 30 seconds more to knead.

Transfer the dough ball to a large, lightly greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and set aside until doubled in size, about 1 hour.

Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces and form each into a ball. Place about 2 inches apart on a nonstick baking sheet. Cover loosely and set aside for about 45 minutes, until doubled.

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

Brush the top of each roll with olive oil and bake until browned and crusty, about 20 minutes.

Sugar Busters! Cookbook
Page 357

Savory Sweet Potatoes
5 sweet potatoes, about 3 pounds
1/2 cup canned vegetable broth
5 drops hot pepper sauce
1/2 tsp. ground pepper
1 tsp. dried sage or thyme

Preheat oven to 375*F. Peel and cut sweet potatoes into 1 inch chunks. Place in a 2 quart baking dish and stir in remaining ingredients. Cover with foil and bake 20 minutes, then stir. Bake an additional 20 or 25 minutes or until tender. Garnish with thyme sprigs if desired.
Serves 6
174 calories, 0 gr. fat, 5 gr. fiber, 2 WW Points

Four Cheese Mushrooms

24 large fresh mushrooms, about 2 inches each
8 sun dried tomato halves
1 cup nonfat ricotta cheese
1/2 cup finely chopped fresh spinach
1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (2 ounces)
3 Tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp. snipped fresh basil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (2 ounces)

Rinse and drain mushrooms. Remove and discard stems (save for another use). Spray caps with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange in a shallow baking pan, stem side down. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 12 minutes. Drain any liquid. Meanwhile, cover tomatoes with boiling water; soak 10 minutes. Drain;
coarsely chop. Combine tomatoes, ricotta cheese, spinach, Monterey Jack cheese, Parmesan cheese, basil, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Turn caps stem side up; fill each with ricotta mixture. Sprinkle feta cheese over tops. (Mushrooms can now be covered and chilled overnight.)

Bake filled caps in a 450 degree F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until heated through and lightly browned.

Makes 24 caps.
35 calories
2 grams total fat
1 grams sat fat
3 grams protein
0 grams fiber
124 mg sodium
2 grams carbohydrates
1 WW points

Root Beer Float
1/2 cup frozen Vanilla Low-Fat Dairy Dessert (for SB use sugar free)1 (12 oz) can Diet Root Beer

Place half the dairy dessert in a chilled 16 ounce mug.
Pour the root beer over the frozen dessert.
Scoop the remaining dessert on top. Serve immediately.
Serves 1.

One Serving - 2 Points

BACON BROCCOLI CASSEROLE
6 broccoli spears; cooked til tender crisp
6 slices Mozzarella
6 thin slices cooked ham
1 Tbsp butter
6 eggs
1/3 cup water

Place one cheese slice on top of one ham slice and wrap around a broccolispear. Repeat with remaining ham slices.
Melt the butter in a 9" oven proof skillet.
Arrange the ham rolls in a spoke like fashion in the skillet.
Beat the eggs and water together. Pour over the ham rolls.
Bake at 375º for 20-25 minutes or until eggs are set and cooked through. serves 6

BACON BROCCOLI CHEESEBALL
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 Tsp pepper
1 cup finely chopped broccoli florets
6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled

In a mixing bowl, beat cheddar cheese, cream cheese and pepper until blended.

Stir in broccoli.
Shape into a ball and roll in bacon.
Cover and chill.
Yields 1 1/2 cups

WHIPPED TOPPING

1 cup instant milk powder
1 cup ice water
2 tsp vanilla extract
sweetener to taste (optional)

Chill a mixing bowl and beaters well, 15 to 30 minutes.

Into the chilled bowl, measure the milk powder and ice water. Beat, stirring occasionally, until half stif.

Beat in the vanilla extract, then taste. If you wish, add sweetener to taste and beat until stiff. Total beating time will be about 20 minutes.

CHILI CHEESE CHICKEN ROLLS
6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
2 cups cooked basmati rice
1 can green chilies, chopped
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1 teaspoon ground cumin
salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste
1 egg, beaten
Whole Wheat Flour

Mix together rice, chili, cheese, onion, and cumin.

Rinse chicken thoroughly, and pat dry. Using a meat mallet, flatten each breast to appx 1/4 inch thick.

Place filling mixture in the center of the flattened chicken breasts. Roll and secure with a toothpick if needed.

Dip each stuffed breast with beaten egg, then dredge in WW Flour and place in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.

Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Bake at 325º F for 50 minutes, or until juices run clear.

If the breasts dry out too quickly, cover loosely with a piece of foil.
Old 11-26-2002, 11:30 AM   #39  

Wink

Hi too All:

It's a cool and crisp day here, almost seems like Oct. weather. Leaves are falling and the Sun is shinning. This is not typacal NW weather. and the weather man says no rain in site.
I don't know how acurate your weather man is but ours has been on a lucky streak.

Deb: I don't know if you remember from when I was on the board way back when we had shared how My Mom and your GM were cut out of the same mold. I'd like to get to the place where you are, Where it doesn't bother me, But I don't seem to be able to she really knows how to push my buttons.
I know I shared with you that this summer My DD was molested by a creep, Well what I didn't share with you was that when I was a young teenager about 13 I was also Molested my a man that I babysat for, I had told my mom and she told me to keep it a secret, cause she said that the wife would leave the husband and Dad would kill him and go to jail. Needless to say I had to continue to Babysit for the couple for another yr after that. I would run out the back door when he came in the front or vise versea. Anyway now that this has Happened to DD I reminded her of this and how she never supported me, Now she has memery loss (I think Not!) Anyway we finally have a court Date for my DD it's Dec 6th. I'm going to be there for her all the way. I guess what I'm getting at is it's in my make up to be a people pleaser, even to my own detrament. Always looking for approveal. anyway that's enough of that. I hope you don't mind my sharing, I've just been so bummed today that I had to chew someones ear off. Sorry

Jack-K: I will do my best to not let Mom get to me, But if you just read my post to Deb you will see that she has alot of pull of me and that I'm about as stressed as I can get right now, So I just go with the flow, rather that argue.

Well all I'm so sorry you had to put up with that, I'll try to keep up beat after this, Thanks for the shoulder. Love Glory
Old 11-26-2002, 11:31 AM   #40  

Default Pie Recipes

No Sugar Pecan Pie
3 eggs
2/3 C. Splenda
1 C. sugar free syrup (Agave)
1/3 C. butter, melted
1 C. pecan halves (lightly toasted)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Mix the eggs with the sugar. Stir in the syrup and the melted butter. Stir in the pecan halves. Pour in pie plate. Bake for 25 min. with the edges covered with foil. Remove foil and bake another 25 min. or until you can insert a knife and have it come out clean.

Sugar-Free Holiday Nog

7 cups skim milk, divided
1 pkg. (1 ounce) instant sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
1-2 tsp. vanilla or rum extract
Sugar substitute equivalent to 4-8 tsp. sugar
1 cup evaporated skim milk

Combine 2 cups milk, pudding mix vanilla & sugar substitute in a bowl; mix according to pudding directions. Pour into a 1/2 gallon container with tight fitting lid. Add 3 cups milk; shake well. Add evaporated milk; shake well. Add remaining milk; shake well. Chill. Yield 8 servings. Exchanges: 1 Skim Milk, 1/4 starch
Serving Size: 1 cup: Calories 114, Sodium 296 mg., Cholesterol 6 mg., Carbohydrate 18gm., Fat 1gm., fiber 0gm

Eggless Eggnog (sugar free)
3 cups cream
3 cups water
1/3 cup sugar substitute
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoon rum flavoring
1 package sugar-free instant vanilla pudding dash of nutmeg Place all ingredients in blender and blend until well combined. Chill.

Apple Cobbler

2 c. Oat Flour
2/3 c.butter flavor Crisco for crust
8-10 Granny Smith Apples, peeled, cored & pared
1/2 c. Sugar Twin mixed with 1 t. Cinnamon
2-4 T. Butter, sliced thinly

Mix flour and Crisco as you would for a pie crust, mixing thoroughly. Press 1/2 into 8x8 baking dish for crust. Keep other half for top. Peel and cut up apples and place into crust, sprinkling with Sugar Twin/cinnamon mixture and dotting with thin slices of butter at each layer. Keep layering until baking dish is full. Pat out remaining crust mixture and place over apples. Bake at 350 degrees about 1-1/2 hours, or until browned. Delicious by itself, or topped with sugarfree ice cream.

Sweet Potato Bread
1 cup butter, softened
1 3/4 cups Sweetener (I use part Splenda & part Fructose)
4 eggs
2 1/2 cups cooked, mashed sweet potatoes
1 cup Oat flour
2 cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
2 teaspoons. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup flaked unsweetened coconut
1-2 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped

Cream butter, gradually adding Sweetener._
Add the eggs one at a time beating after each one._
Add sweet potatoes and stir to combine._
Combine flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt._ Gradually add to sweet potato mixture beating after each addition._ Batter will be stiff._ Stir in vanilla, coconut and nuts._ Pour batter into a well greased tube pan and bake at 350 for 1 hour or until it tests done with toothpick._ Cool in pan for 15 minutes, remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack._ note: This can also be baked in two loaf pans but I would check after 35 minutes and continue to bake until the loaves test done.

(This is the recipe that I used the other night for my pumpkin pies and it came out delicious-better than any pumpkin pie I've ever eaten. My daughter, Amber could not tell the difference! The look, consistency, everything came out great!--Denise

SPICY PUMPKIN PECAN PIES

2 Unbaked 9" Pie Shells (See pecan crust below)

1 Tsp melted butter
1 Cup shelled pecans (I only sprinkled these on top)
1 Can Pumpkin (Libby 1 lb - 13 oz.) (3-1/2 cups)
1 Cup Powdered Coffee Creamer (Nature's SF Creamer)
6 Eggs
1-1/2 Cups Brown Sugar Twin
1/2 Cup Agave Syrup
1 Tsp Salt
2 Tsp Cinnamon
1 Tsp Nutmeg
1/4 Tsp Ginger
1/4 Tsp Ground Cloves
2 Cups Boiling water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Brush bottoms of pie shells with melted butter. Reserve 1/2 cup of pecan halves for top garnish on pies. Chop remaining 1/2 cup of pecans; sprinkle over bottoms of pie shells.
In large bowl combine pumpkin, creamer, eggs, brown sugar, karo syrup, salt and spices.Beat with rotary beater until well blended. Blend in water, mix well. Pour into the two pie shells.

Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Garnish top with reserved pecan halves, forming a circle on the pies about 1-1/2 inches in from the rim. Cool before slicing. Each pie makes 6 servings.

This is the pie crust I used for the spicy pumpkin pie recipe above and it worked just fine and is also awesome-Denise

Pecan Pie Crust

2 cups of ground pecan halves
2 tablespoons of butter or margarine
1/4 teaspoon of salt
(I would add a little Splenda)

* Grind nuts.
* Mix with butter or margarine and salt.
* Spread in the bottom of a pie pan or spring form pan. * Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Serving Suggestions: This is a great crust for a cheesecake or other pie. It adds a great flavor. Save some pecan halves to decorate the top of your pie or cheese cake.

PUMPKIN PANCAKES
1 C SGWW flour
2 or 3 packets Splenda
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ginger
1/8 tsp cloves
2 eggs
1 tsp cooking oil (I used canola)
1/2 C Libby's Pure Pumpkin (canned)
1/2 C+ Evaporated Skim milk

Combine dry ingredients-set aside. Beat eggs in medium bowl, add oil and pumpkin. Mix. Add dry ingredients. Mix. Start with 1/2 Cup evaporated milk and add more until desired consistency is reached. I sprayed a non-stick griddle with Pam. Makes about 6 4" pancakes.

Cool Whip Recipe

1/2 cup skim evaporated milk
1 tsp. unflavored gelatin
2 tbs.. water
1/4 cup instant dry milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 pkg. Sweet 'N Low {or Splenda}

Combine dry milk & evaporated milk in a saucepan. Simmer until well mixed. Mix together gelatin & water until gelatin is softened.

Add to milk mixture & simmer until gelatin is dissolved. Refrigerate until mixture begins to thicken.

Beat with mixer until thick & creamy. Will keep in refrigerator for several days.

Personally I don't use Cool Whip as I can't seem to find anything on the ingredient list that I recognize as real food. I try to stay away from processed foods if I can.

I use real whipped cream. Leah's directions are fab! I add a teaspoon of vanilla extract to the cream along with the Splenda. Gives it a richer taste. If I am using it to top Pumpkin Pie I add a pinch of cinnamon to the cream. You can also add a bit of dry cocoa powder (Droste is my fav) and make Chocolate Whipped Cream.

(This is Debbie's Famous recipe if anyone doesn't already have it and has been living under a rock! LOL)

DEBS CRUSTLESS CHEESECAKE

2 packages Philadelphia Brand 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese
1/2 cup agave syrup (see NOTES below)
3 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp lemon juice

Spray a 7" cake pan with cooking spray. Cut a circular piece of parchment paper to fit in the bottom of the pan. Spray the top of the paper.

Bring cream cheese to room temperature in a medium size bowl. Cream with a mixer. Add the agave syrup and mix on low speed, just til blended. Add both the vanilla and lemon juice and blend in. Add one egg at a time, beating on low stpeed til mixed in before adding the next one.

Pour mixture into pan and put in a 325 degree preheated oven. Place a pan somewhat larger than the pan the cheesecake is in on the bottom rack with enough water so not to evaporate during the baking time (amount of water varies depending on the size of your pan). Place cheesecake on rack right above pan
and bake cheesecake for approx 40 minutes, or until lightly browned on top and it looks set. Remove from oven and let cool for about 30-45 minutes. Place in fridge for at least 3 hours. I invert my cake over a plate and tap the bottom of the pan with a knife to get it to come out, nice and clean. Peel off the parchment paper and then turn it back the right way on a serving dish. You can also serve it right out of the pan, just don't eat the parchment paper!!!
ENJOY!

Debbie's Notes: You could most likely use a small springform pan, like a 7 1/2" one if they have that size, but I don't have one at this time, so used what I had available, a small cake pan. I used a 1/2 cup agave, less 1tbl, but I'm sure you can use the entire 1/2 cup of agave without trouble, just make sure you don't use any more than a 1/2 cup. Since making this numerous times, I've
started using only a 1/3 cup of agave and it's just as good, if not better!

This has been a major hit ever since I posted it, you won't be disappointed, and if you are, something's majorly wrong with you!!!

Pumpkin Cake

2 cups Splenda (48 carbs)
2 cups soy flour (64 carbs)
1- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 can pumpkin (40 carbs, minus 16 fiber = 24 carbs)

Total carbs=136 grams (about 8.5 grams per slice)

Combine and mix all ingredients, and pour into one or two loaf pans or a tube cake pan. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour (1 hour was a bit too long when I did it the first time) at 350 degrees.

This is a DROP COOKIE from my new (but actually an old) book, RODALE'S SENSATIONAL DESSERTS

(Okay, this Swedish Applie pie I made the other night and came out awesome!-it's best eaten warm so it's great to heat up slices in the microwave and maybe add a scoop of SF vanilla icecream on top.
YUMMMM)--Denise

Swedish Apple Pie

Filling:
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. Splenda
sliced apples
Toss together and spoon into pie dish.

Batter:
3/4 c. melted butter
1 c. Splenda
1 c. ww pastry flour
1 egg
1/2 c. nuts, chopped
Mix together. Pour over apples and spread around.

Bake at 350 for about 20 min. or till done.

Authors notes:I realize fruit is supposed to be eaten alone, but the amount of ww flour is so small compared to the amount of apples, I felt comfortable with the combination.

>
Old 11-26-2002, 11:40 AM   #41  

Wow Denise, great recipes, I shall use some of them, Thanks for all the help with the menu. Love Glory
Old 11-26-2002, 11:54 AM   #42  
sef

HiedieHo All!!

Let's have dusted, the bathroom's next. Will vacuum tomorrow. Family arrives sometime Wednesday. Want to chop and dice some things tomorrow in preparation for mixing up foods tomorrow. Are you all doing the same type of things? Tis the season!

Alaso have to go to the post office and Hobby Lobby. Don't like that store in particular but it's the only show in town.

BETH: You deserve a big HOORAH! If you don't tell people what they are eating they seldom know the difference between our "diet" food and the "normal" food. Hope you are feeling better so you can really enjoy your trip to Nashville.

THUNDER: You are doing so well. I'm ashamed to say I tripped over a loaf of SB Multigrain bread! I shouldn't have bought it. I don't usually buuy SB products as the price is automatically a dollar more, but that bread is sooooo good.

TRISH: At one point there was a recipe for WW homemade baking mix that you could maeasure out lioke Bisquick. I know I have it in my files. Will check it out for you.

FILLISE: Know you are anxious to have your trip, but what good woulod it be to not be able to enjoy getting or being there. Give yourself another day. Good thoughts for you continue.

DEB: Hope you will begin to feel better soon. You really worry me. DIL's parents and one brother are coming Wednesday - Sunday. Are having traditional dinner only I am the cook and will make as much legal as I can! Waldorf salad, dressing, gravy etc.

MONET: Headache may be from stress of over doing. THAT'S A NO-NO!!!!!! I make the apple pie and pumpkin with Splenda instead of agave.

TONI: Pecan pie for me is too sweet. Why not regular reecipe substituting agave for Karo. That's what I would do.

LDBLOND: Frazzled requires some TLC, something we don't give ourselves often enough. Strain plays a big part and you certainly have plenty of that. Good thoughts going your way for doctor results.

DENISE: My printer is hot!!!!! LOL! Thanks for the recipes.

Southwest Airlines has some good deals on flights to Florida areas, depending on place of departure, etc. They are the specials for this month.

If you are able to get Blue Bunny ice cream, they have a Helath Smart FF Creme Bar NSA. Sugars are only 2g, calories 70. They are sooo good! No fat, no cholesterol. Sodium 35mg, carbs 18g, protein 2g. An occasional treat would be okay in MHO.

Well, this isn't getting anything done is it? I like doing this more than copping, dicing, cleaning etc.!

Shirley
Old 11-26-2002, 12:09 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Just now getting this post done. Started early and the board was slow and now it is full of posts.

It is snowing here. Supposed to get 1-2". DD is driving in from college today. So now I can worry until she gets here.

DD car was just flooded. At least it didn't cost anything. Just took up my whole day and night fooling with it.

Nothing else going on with me. I did get my tree up last nite. Now if just some elf would come in and put the lights on it I would be happy.

Fillise, How horrible about your back. I Hope the Celebrex helps and you don't have to prolong your trip. Feel better.

Trish, Those parties ut of the house are wonderful. Let those kids make a mess somewhere else. Wow 5 3/4" is fabulous. Keep up the good work. Trish I think I have a recipe for legal Bisquick. If you want it I will look for it.

Sef, Yes we do run like crazy and gripe, but everything comes together eventually. The older I get the more of a hassle it becomes.

Beth, You go girl! Way to go on staying OP through that dinner. You can do it again Saturday too, I just know it. Hope your throat is better. I'm jealous of you going to the Opryland Hotel. It is so beautiful this time of year. We went last year and they had all the lights on testing them so we got to see it all lit up. How beautiful. I always want to stay there, just can't afford it. Have fun.

Thunder, I bet you little girl is a beauty. I can't wait to see pics. You are doing great. I'm glad you came back. You know this works and what a better place to get support. WTG on another OP day.

Deb, I didn't feel like getting out to walk last night either, but DH made me go. Of course I was glad I did when I finished. He is a good one to have around sometimes. Keeps me in line. Have a great day with Eli. Sounds like you are well prepared for TG dinner. WTG. Man TG one day and Hanukah the next, I would be stressing.

Monet, hope your migraine is better. Those can be killers. Those pies sound yummy. Bake one for me will you? I bet your haircut would look cute shaped around your face. I am always scared to try something different. When I get mine cut I still fix it the same old way. I need the bald look.

Toni, I know how you feel about the exercising. Too much going on this time of year. Last night I was running around doing things and totally forgot to workout. I have never done that before. Maybe wait until things settle down.

Idblond, Maybe you could get one of those voice activated computers. I don't think they are much. I hate that you aren't feeling any better. Good thoughts coming your way. Yes, we have lots to be thankful for.

Denise, Thanks for all the recipes. I copies a lot of them. Just wish I had the time to try some.

Glory, How terrible for you and your DD. I am glad you are supporting her. I think it is wrong to coverit up. But those days were different. Sending prayers for you and your DD especially on 12-6. You can vent here anytime. That's what friends are for.

Have a great day! Later
Jackie
257/164/145/
10-10-01
Old 11-26-2002, 12:15 PM   #44  

Default Hi All

Well, I posted the rest of the holiday recipes and pies that I could find. I figured you all were looking for something to make. There is a WW biscuit and pecan pie recipe in there so I hope it helps you all out. I taste tested the pumpkin and apple pies last night along with my daughter Amber and they were awesome! Eating like this is so cool! Why ever eat sugar again? There is no need to that with these recipes!

I've started working out in the morning now before work so that I can have more time in the evening to get things done. It's hard to get up and do it, but at least I get it done first thing and then don't have to worry about it later. I think also, that I will be more consistent on my exercise schedule. I did 30 minutes on the treadmill alternately 3 min run and 3 min walk.

Debbie: It wasn't SB coffee. At Publix they have flavored grounds of coffee made from Star Bucks, Folgers, and another brand. I was just wondering what kind of natural and artificial sweeteners they use to flavor coffee grounds. My pies came out fantastic and I'm serving the pumpkin today at the company holiday party. Amber is going to eat the SF Cherry Swirl Cheesecake we bought at Whole Foods so she will let me know how it tastes...Can you post the sour dough stuffing recipe? Also, good going on getting up and doing your workout anyway eventhough you didn't feel like it!

Thunderwoman: Good going on staying on track! Can you post the Chicken and Dumpling recipe?

Glory: Sorry to hear about your daughter and what happened to you many years ago. I can relate as it happened to my daughter when she was only 3 yrs old and the guy got off because the judge could not swear a 3 yr old on the stand to testify! She doesn't remember it now but it made me so mad that I wanted to kill him myself! Anyway after reading your post it brought back a lot of pain for me. I don't think that we ever fully recover from stuff like that. Anyhow, I wish you all the luck in the world and hope your daughter can begin the healing process soon.

Beth: Congratulations on staying legal through your Thanksgiving dinners so far! Isn't it easy with all these awesome recipes? Especially Deb's Crustless Cheesecake!!
Hope your sore throat goes away soon!

Crystle: Hope you're enjoying your break from motherhood! It can definitely take a toll on us.

Shirley: Thanks for all the cool jokes. I especially liked the ones about "back then". It's so true.

Toni: I know how you feel about working out. It's hard to get back into the swing of things. The first workout is the hardest and then you will look forward to it.

Susan: I hope your back starts feeling better so that you can go on your road trip. Try to alternate hot and cold every 15 minutes.

Trish: Aren't those pre-planned skating parties the best? They do everything for you and all you have to do is relax. I used to that stuff for Amber when she was younger. I hope Seth had a GREAT birthday! I posted something similar to your WW baking mix. I'll keep looking. Mexican food is my favorite food. I know it can be challenging. Congratulations on losing almost 6" in one month!!

Monet: I posted an apple pie recipe. It's a bit different then the traditional apple pie, but it tastes just awesome coming warm out of the microwave...The batter actually goes on top of the sliced apples. Good luck on your new haircut!

Jackie: Sorry to hear about your car. I hope it's something minor. I loved your Thanksgiving message. And yes, I do like to cook now and experiment with different recipes. I never cooked ever before unless it came out of a box or can so this is all new to me, but very exciting and rewarding.

Hope everyone has a Great Tuesday!
Old 11-26-2002, 12:24 PM   #45  

I went and got my hair cut this morning. It was long enough for the stylist to cut off 12 inches to donate to Locks of Love for cancer patients. That alone made it worth cutting. Now my hair is only about shoulder length. It is going to take some time to get used to it. I started growing it out from a chin length bob about 2 years ago, so it grows fast, but it feels weird this short now! I am going to grow it out again, and once it is long enough, donate another 12 inches.

DENISE: Thanks for posting all those good recipes! Especially for the pecan pie one! I know I have it, but I had my harddrive reformatted and it will be in backup on my hubby's computer...and like finding a needle in a haystack! You saved me a lot of time!

SEF: So you just sub agave for karo syrup in the pecan pie and it works ok? I may have to try that. My hubby loves pecan pie best of all...and I love to keep him happy! You may be right about the headache, but I am thinking it is more hormones..

GLORY: You vent all you want, you hear? Thats what we are here for..to support one another. You certainly have something to vent about. Good for you in supporting your daughter. I hope it all works out well, and with as little stress to her as possible.

DEB: Take lots of vitamin C, and I hope you get better fast! Where is the legal pumpkin pie recipe? Did you post it for us?

Ok..head still aches and I am feeling lightheaded- due to lack of hair! Off for lunch!
Closed Thread