Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: With the Holiday Season here, what are your predictions on the scale come New Years
I think I will stay the same as I am now. 7 25.93%
I think I will be up 1-2lbs from where I am now. 4 14.81%
I think I will be up 3-4lbs from where I am now 0 0%
I think I will be up 5lbs or more from where I am now. 1 3.70%
I think I will have lost 1-2lbs from where I am now. 5 18.52%
I think I will have lost 3-4lbs from where I am now. 2 7.41%
I think I will have lost 5lbs or more from where I am now. 5 18.52%
I think you better come looking for me after New Years! 2 7.41%
Other 1 3.70%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2002, 04:30 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Just checking in before I head home. Probably won't be back until sometime Sunday. So hope everyone has a great and relaxing and Op weekend. We can do it!

Linworth, My DD is getting married in May. I wish I was going to the wedding with Denise.

Zanne, what a brat. You should have got the bus number and called the school. That was scarry. I'm glad the pitas satisfy your chip craving. I always say where there is a will, there is a SB way. You just have to be willing to try to find it. Good for you. I haven't tried hummus. But would like to. I always think I will buy it at the grocery. THere are so many kinds. Ice rink in your yard??? Are all of you ice skaters? Neat!

Deb, First of all I'm glad you are feeling better. I'm sure exercising again will make you feel even better. Sounds like you have beat yourself up pretty badly. Maybe you needed it, but I'm sure you are back on track. You will be fine. You have a strong will and great motivation. Who's to say you can't ever have anything illegal. What kind of life would that be. We just have to learn to have it and go on. Not eating everything else in sight. I'm sure you will have a 100% Thanksgiving. It is pretty easy to do so with all the "legal foods available" We just have to make good choices. I believe in you. What a bummer about running in the WDW marathon alone. But you are woman, see you run!

Fillise, Oooh a massage. I have always said when I get a new body I'm getting a massage. Enjoy. I too willb e marathon shopping next Friday. Normally my DS, 3 nieces, my 2 daughters all go from about 6 a.m to 6p, or longer. We don't get a lot of shopping done, just a family thing of being together. This year I am just going with my DD. Not enough time this year to goof off. Hope you get some bargains.

Toni, doesn't sound like you are doing much resting. Where does all that laundry come from? I'm still doing mine. Welcome back.

GloryIBe, Good for you having a OP day. Keep it up! Make it 2! You Go Girl, live on the edge.

Denise, One piece of advise. Hide the scale. It can fluctuate daily. Remember Deb's great articles, especially the colon one? If it upsets you that much stay off. You are doing great and are so upbeat. Don't let the metal monster rule you. This is such a great WOE and so easy to do. You can do this I have confidence in you. Keep in mind what you want the most. I'm keeping my for you. To answer your ?, I have eaten more this week than normally. I try to only eat 2 starchy carbs a day, ususally bread. I'm sure this weeks loss is all water from vacation eating. But sometimes if you eat too little, you body thinks it is in starvation mode. I have had a ton of cheese this week too.

Gracious, I bet youi are looking pretty darn good in those jeans, and Honey you go right ahead and say it yourself. You deserve it.

later,

Jackie
257/164/145
10-10-01
Old 11-22-2002, 04:49 PM   #122  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Howdy all!

It's one of those days where I feel like the pillsbury dough boy...he is a cutie but not what I want for myself. The kids and I are making cookies...now I just need to not partake. I had my one nibble..because we made up the recipe ourselves. And it's good. I find myself more and more wanting to skip eating. I won't go into details but that is so much easier for me than doing right. But I aint going there.

Deb Thanks for sharing your story. I'm sorry that you are going through so much. But it's nice to know that some of the things we all struggle with are universal. You will do wonderful in your race. I wish that I could be there to cheer you on. I will keep you in my prayers that day though. You have one determined spirit so I know you will get back on track and stay there till you decide different. YOU are in control. YOU are a success. We appreciate you sharing and leading us in this.

Denise Hang in there sweetie. I feel the same way quite often. I go up and down the same two pounds. Back up again today..ugh ugh ugh.

Gracious ...I don't blame you..I wouldn't pay that much for pears either. One time I got a wild hair and paid 2.99 a pound for a freaky white peach. It cost me .99 to find out it tasted like a dry peach.

Toni ..Welcome back girlie!!! We missed ya while you were gone. WTG getting back on plan. And getting things done. I think sometimes we need a vacation from vacation. This year we went camping and hunting. I was sooooo tired when it was over. Looking forward to doing it again next year.

Fillise awwww a message...that sounds FABULOUS! Enjoy.

There are so many of you I would to write to individually but...the kids are fighting over a whistle this time. I don't think a day goes by they don't find something to fight over...LOL Have a great afternoon.

Love,
Crystle

235/155/140
Old 11-22-2002, 06:42 PM   #123  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Evening All

I'm backk, just like I said I'd be

Didn't get all I needed to get done today, but most of it. Developed an excrutiating headache right before I was going to get the kids from school and couldn't wait to drop them off at their respective places before coming home and passing out. Still have a touch of it but no where near as how it was earlier, thank gawd!

So far, so good with eating. Actually, haven't felt like eating all that much today which I guess is good and bad, but better than the alternative of eating too much.

Oh, forgot to mention during my piss and moan time, I also got TOM yesterday AND I have hardly had anything to drink, thus, I'm so dehydrated I don't know how much I'll have to drink to get myself back on track!

Lauren's bracelet came today and it's gorgeous! My DM is a bit worried that it may not fit her wrist since it appears a bit small. If not, will just have to add a O ring to it, not going to worry about it. Was well worth the money! I know she will love it.

FILLISE, I hope you enjoyed your spa experience today. I'd love to go one day, a day of pampering (not the diapering kind) sounds wonderful. I think the closet I'll get to an experience like that is going to be one of those Aqua Massages they have in the mall-which actually, is pretty wonderful, but not like a full day at the spa would be.

TONI, glad to see you back! Sounds like you had a good time with your DB and family. Toasting pita is easy, split the two rounds in half, you can cut them in wedges before you do and then just break the two parts in half and put them on a baking sheet in the oven and lightly toast them. We NEVER through away pita. ELI makes a salad called FATTOUSH that's ME and it calls for toasted pita which we make with stale ww pita bread by toasting it in the toaster oven.

GLORY, it's a good SB day here and I'm hoping it's for you as well I'm so glad you're not only back on track, but back with us and as others have said, this time PLEASE stick around!!! Good luck with DM tonight!

DENISE, we'll gab this weekend! I'm so looking forward to meeting you. The more we actually talk the more I find we have in common. I'm sure as we get to talking more we may come to think we're long lost sisters!!! Talk to you later!

GRACIOUS, not sure what the difference between the two "pears" would be. There are different varities of Asian pears, sometimes I will see them with a more brownish skin, other times they'll have a more yellow skin like a golden apple. If the taste isn't much different between the two I'd go for the cheaper one. I've bought some that were about a pound in size and have easily eaten the whole thing-scary, but delicious! I'm sure you will do what's best for you when it comes to this WOE. I know that when you do the Atkins you see a big loss, but it seems to be a fleeting loss that you tend to gain back and as you said doesn't put you firmly any closer to your goal. When I was 10lbs from goal I had no idea it would take me almost 4 months to lose those last 10lbs but looking back at it now, it wasn't a big deal. The weight didn't come on over night and it wasn't coming off that way either. I've always said patience was one of the keys of being successful on this WOE and I still think it's true. It will come (off) so don't you worry

JACKK, yes, it does appear I've done a number on myself. Definitely not something I'm proud of. I do hope that I can find a way for me to be able to find a happy medium and be able to allow myself a non-SB legal treat once in a while and not going overboard. Heck, I'd like to be able to do that with an SB legal treat! I just don't know what the heck gets in to me. But this is just been since April-what was it about before vs. now? Maybe I need to think about this a little more-maybe this answer could hold "the key."

COUNTRY, thanks for all the kind words! I wish I didn't have to put all my trials and tribulations on the board, I wish there weren't any to put but I know I'm not perfect and no one else is. If it's not the eating, it would be something else. I just have to find a way to deal with things without giving in to eating off plan. It only compounds any problems I already have to deal with. I'm learning, daily!

So, ELI said he'd be home around 6pm, it's 6:45pm already, so who knows. I'm going to ditch the clothes, throw on the nightie and hit the couch.

Will check in tomorrow after garage sales. Not many out there but you never know what you may find even at those few that are. It's going to be a gorgeous day here, another cold front, so at least I won't be sweating as I look through peoples crap!

Have a great weekend!!!

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
Old 11-22-2002, 07:51 PM   #124  

Just a note. I have not felt well today at all. I slept most of the afternoon.

The doctor's office called today to let me know my liver tests were all normal. Well, at least that is one normal thing about me... I was beginning to wonder if anything was.

Today has been ok, SB wise...not stellar. I had too many legal starchy carbs. I think I need to cut them out entirely for a while and get out of the habit.....

Take care everyone.
Old 11-22-2002, 09:42 PM   #125  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!!

Just got home from my Nephew's house....My Niece and her DH and BABY JAY arrived about 5 p.m.
and he has grown so much since I saw him in May...I just couldn't get enough of him...right down to the drool and went straight into my mouth!!! I won't be on much this weekend as I want to spend every bit of time with them as I can.

MONET......I TOLD YOU SO....You'll start LISTENING TO OLD BOB!!!! Feel better dear friend...

I forgot to report my WW weigh in...the 5 and 6 pound losses are a thing of the past I'm afraid... this week was .6!!! It's a loss, and I'll take it! That's 18.1 so far!!!

GRACIOUS...I'm bringing all my tailoring projects and hitting the wagon trail...you would be the answer to my prayers if we lived closer!

DEB...Get some sleep...I'm right there with you on the dragging from the lack of it! This no sleep thing can't be good on the weight loss...when we're dragging, the metabolism slows even more...Have a good time tomorrow...the cooler weather will make it nice to poke around in everyone's yard!

TONI...glad you're back home and that you had a good time. Did you see SURVIVOR last night? I really thought the OLD MAN was going...he might be next...or Jan...we'll see!

DENISE...will this trip keep you away from our ORLANDO trip? You are so lucky to get to go...I know you'll have a good time!

JACKIE...have a good time at the races...I miss going so much!
The party will be fun..I always enjoy seeing the baby dive into the cake on the 1st birthday!

DARAMUS...GREAT PICTURE...you're doing great...working out will only help you...DO IT!!!

COUNTRY...I've got that same feeling...BLOAT!!!!!! dangit...it's rough being the females!!!

ZANE... throw another log on the fire...winter is here to stay..It's cool over here on the WEST COAST OF FLA too! I've had to use my heat because it has gotten cold in the house...I just knock the chill off...I'd rather throw another quilt on than be hot while I sleep...

GLORY...this board has come a long way since you were posting before...all the little extras are fun...

VES...glad you're back and can't wait to see you in January...If you have time, don't forget to make my butter bell...THIS IS THE COLOR THAT I WANT....TENNESSEE ORANGE with WHITE LETTERING...if you can put GO BIG ORANGE or TENNESSEE VOLS on it I would appreciate it...I'll treasure it always...it will go into my curio cabinet!!!

LIN...sorry about your post..it has happened to all of us..it's so frustrating, but just a hello is good if you can't remember what you said before...Glad you're here!

I'm off to recline..LAW & ORDER in 15 minutes!!

BOB
Old 11-22-2002, 10:59 PM   #126  
sef

HiedieHo All!!

Seems like today is chili weather as it is a little brisk today. So made a crock of chili, it really tasted good and was very satisfying! Also did the mundane stuff like washing, bed changing, dusting, errands.

ALEKA: People just don't get it! This is not a "fad diet", we eat all the food groups, it's just how we do it. So many doctors recommend this woe, makes you think it has merit doesn't it?

GRACIOUS: I don't save the things I use for my groups. The Director has been collecting them but I don't know if she keeps them or passes them on. I know how it is getting food from others. In the early days of my father starting his business, some people would ask him to do jobs using the barter system. Sometimes it was a good thing. I also have a 12 or 15 year (maybe more) unfinished project. I made a handpieced queen size quilt, it's on the frame ready to be quilted. It has moved from PA, to NJ, to TX and to LA and still doesn't get done! Loved your nationality pun!

JACKK: Ireally like reading your posts, always so interesting,, always on the go too. Used to love the races. I grew up near Monmouth Park which is thoroughbred racing and Freehold Raceway which is trotters and pacers. When I moved to Milford we were near Monticello and Goshen both sulky racing. Love the horses. Lucky you.

ZANNE: Certainly a scary experience! You never know where you are safe anymore. Stupid kid also risked his life for a prank. I make up the whole bag of pitas into chips. Then store in a ziplok bag. They keep forever and are handy when you have that special craving. I'm a great one for making double batches of things. I feel as long as you're making a mess might as well make it worthwhile. Couldn't live without the freezer!

DEB: Glad you are feeling better, but give yourself some time to recuperate before you start barreling all over the place! You'll get back on track, don't worry about it. You have the will. You are too hard on yourself, you need to give yourself a little leeway! When I first came to this Board I thought you must be a Goddess, not of this earth! How could anyone be so perfect and not falter on the woe? I am relieved that you have all the foibles the rest of us mortals do! You lead by example, and you show us that a stumble doesn't end the trip!

TONI: Good to see your posts again. We always have to come back to reality after a trip, no matter what kind it is! My DD sent me home with clean clothes so only had the ones on my back to wash. Wasn't that nice!

GLORY: No offense but candied sweet potaotes set my teeth on edge! They are so sweet to begin with. Yet I make them for others. They are so popular. My mother used to make something with sweets, pineapple and marshmallows, a sugar coma for sure! She would make me eat them because she made them and I must eat them too. Hated it!

DENISE: Glad we got the criminal thing cleared up! Nothing is simple nowadyas. You know my favorite expression...."In my day....."

MONET: Glad you have found something normal! Do you have your gall bladder? You can feel nauseous after eating weith that too. Have you been checked for that problem?

I think I've hit everybody's posts. If I missed you I'm sorry!

Must be chilly I heard and felt the heater come on. Actually I have the vents up here closed. Heat travels up and it is warm enough. In my bedroom the window is wide open and the fan is on, love cool sleeping!

Take care all.

Shirley
Old 11-22-2002, 11:06 PM   #127  
sef

HiedieHo All!!

Almost forgot today is FF!

A client brought a litter of golden retriever puppies to a veterinary clinic
for inoculations and worming. As the look-alike pups squirmed over and under
one another in their box, I realized it would be difficult to tell the
treated ones from the rest.

I turned on the water faucet, wet my fingers, and moistened each dog's head
when I had finished.

After the fourth puppy, I noticed my hitherto talkative client had
grown silent. As I sprinkled the last pup's head, the woman leaned
forward and whispered, "I didn't know they had to be baptized.

Shirley
Old 11-22-2002, 11:10 PM   #128  
sef

HiedieHo All!!

I recently picked a new primary care physician. _After two visits and exhaustive lab tests, he said I was doing "fairly well for my age"

A little concerned about that comment,_ I couldn't resist asking him, "Do you think I'll live to be 80?"

He asked, _"Well, do you smoke tobacco or drink beer?"

"Oh, no!", I replied, "I've never done either."

Then he asked,_ "Do you eat rib-eye steaks and bar-b-qued ribs?

I said,_ "No, I've heard that all 'red meat' is very unhealthy!"

"Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, like playing golf?", he asked.

"No, _I don't,"__I said.

He said,_ "Do you gamble, drive fast cars, or fool around with sexy women?"

"No,"_ I said,_ "I've never done any of those things."

He looked at me and said,_ "Then why in **** do you want to live to be 80?!!??"

Shirley
Old 11-22-2002, 11:11 PM   #129  
sef

HiedieHo All!!

LOUD SEX: A wife went in to see a therapist and said, I've got a big problem, doctor. Every time we're in bed and my husband climaxes, he lets out this ear splitting yell."

"My dear," the shrink said, "that's completely natural. I don't see what the problem is."

The problem is," she complained, "It wakes me up!"

QUIET SEX: Tired of a listless sex life, the man came right out and asked his wife during a recent lovemaking session, "How come you never tell me when you have an orgasm?"

She glanced at him casually and replied, "You're never home!"

DECEPTIVE SEX: A married man and his secretary were having a torrid affair. One afternoon they couldn't contain their passion, so they rushed over to her place where they spent the afternoon making passionate love. When they were finished, they fell asleep, not waking until 8 o'clock. They got dressed quickly. Then the man told his secretary to take his shoes outside and rub them on the lawn. Bewildered, she did as he asked thinking him pretty weird. The man finally got home and his wife met him at the door. Upset, she asked where he'd been. The manreplied, "I cannot tell a lie. My secretary and I
are having an affair. Today we left work early, went to her place, spent the afternoon making love, and then fell asleep. That's why I'm late." The wife looked at him, took notice of his shoes and yelled, "I can see those are grass stains on your shoes. YOU DAMN LIAR! You've been playing golf again, haven't you?"

WEDDING ANNIVERSARY SEX: A husband and his wife had a
bitter quarrel on the day of their 40th wedding anniversary. The husband yells, "When you die, I'm getting you a headstone that reads: 'Here Lies My Wife - Cold As Ever'."

"Yeah," she replied,"When you die, I'm getting you a headstone that reads,'Here Lies My Husband-Stiff At Last.'"

WOMEN'S HUMOR: My husband came home with a tube of KY jelly and said,"This will make you happy tonight." He was right. When he went out of the bedroom, I squirted it all over the doorknobs so he couldn't get back in.

A couple was lying in bed. The man said, "I am going to make you the happiest woman in the world" The woman said, "I'll miss you."

"It's just too hot to wear clothes today," Jack said as he stepped out of the shower, "honey, what do you think the neighbors would think if I mowed the lawn like this?" The wife replied, "Probably that I must have married you for your money."

Shirley
Old 11-22-2002, 11:14 PM   #130  
sef

HiedieHo All!!

Can't Figure It Out.

Joe Smith started the day early having set his alarm clock (MADE IN JAPAN) for 6 a.m. While his coffeepot (MADE IN CHINA) was perking, he shaved with his electric razor (MADE IN HONG KONG). He put on a dress shirt (MADE IN SRI LANKA), designer jeans (MADE IN SINGAPORE) and tennis shoes (MADE IN KOREA). After cooking his breakfast in his new electric skillet (MADE IN INDIA) he sat down with his calculator (MADE IN MEXICO) to see how much he could spend today. After setting his watch (MADE IN TAIWAN) to the radio (MADE IN INDIA) he got in his car (MADE IN GERMANY) and continued his search for a good paying AMERICAN JOB. At the end of yet another discouraging and fruitless day, Joe decided to relax for a while. He put on his sandals (MADE IN BRAZIL) poured himself a glass of wine (MADE IN FRANCE) and turned on his TV ! (MADE IN INDONESIA), and then wondered why he can't find a good paying job in......AMERICA.....

Shirley
Old 11-24-2002, 07:13 AM   #131  

TEST
Old 11-24-2002, 07:19 AM   #132  

TEST
Old 11-24-2002, 09:53 AM   #133  

test
Old 11-24-2002, 04:28 PM   #134  

Height: 5' 7"

Default I am happy...

Yes, I am a huge weight loss wacko..but ya gotta love me.. 152.5-153 this morning...and yes those two pounds change my whole mental outlook on things. Isn't that terrible. I can tell ya'll all day long that you are not your weight...hang in there..and MEAN it..but when it comes to me 155 puts me in the pits. I'm hoping after the holidays to get my bootie in gear and really start losing again. It's like the last year has been about maintaining...I've lost but so very little since the initial 80 pounds. But God is good...we got this far and we will finish the race.

How is everyone this weekend? Getting ready for the holidays? I finished up my shopping. Almost all no-no's but that's okay. I'm only gonna splurge on the banana pudding. I was gonna skip it..but nope...it's a memory thing. Sweet beautiful memories of many many Thanksgivings with my family. Good thing turkey's not a no-no...my hubby hates it but I LOVE it! I'm making enough food for a small army. Leftovers for days!

It's so warm outside it's hard to believe in the next few days it's gonna get very very cold...burr just thinking about it. Cold is good for going to get the Christmas tree. There is this really cool tree farm near where we live. They have a place for the kids to play...wassel and coffee...a gift shop and low prices. We got a monster tree last year for around 30 dollars. We looked at about 100 before we went back and found like the second or third tree we had found. The kids get to run and laugh. It's awesome. This year I don't have the room I did last year so we have to look for a smaller tree. I have a feeling me and the tree are going to be sharing my computer space.

My husband found me this awesome diet soda...Diet Rite..no caffeine..no sodium and is made with splenda. It's a nice treat from just water. Earlier I was drowning my anger in Diet Rite and sugar free Chocolate Velatmints...LOL

I missed breakfast and lunch running around so I have no idea what to eat for dinner. I'm at that place where I just aint hungry. Tired though. Shopping and putting away the stuff around here takes hours. But I did save over 50 dollars with my coupons. Yipee...

Oh my I just realized I wrote a book. I'll get before ya'll all fall alseep and drool on your keyboards causing damage.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 11-24-2002, 05:55 PM   #135  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

What a wonderful weekend with the BABY JAY and his parents.
We spent the full day over at my Nephews and I got Kate back to "the home" about 7:30 p.m.
I can't wait to get to Naples on Thursday to be with everyone again!

I went to BED BATH AND BEYOND today armed with my 20% coupon and bought a TANITIA memory scale..it has 5 buttons that remembers 5 people's weight the last time you stepped on it.
Was on sale down to $44.95 and then I saved $9 on it..also found sheet set marked down to $39.99. I haven't been shopping for a while, and believe me I could have stayed and spent more, but knew I better get back to the house.

Awfully quiet around here today....COUNTRY...guess it's me and you...have a great evening..

BOB
Closed Thread