Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: With the Holiday Season here, what are your predictions on the scale come New Years
I think I will stay the same as I am now. 7 25.93%
I think I will be up 1-2lbs from where I am now. 4 14.81%
I think I will be up 3-4lbs from where I am now 0 0%
I think I will be up 5lbs or more from where I am now. 1 3.70%
I think I will have lost 1-2lbs from where I am now. 5 18.52%
I think I will have lost 3-4lbs from where I am now. 2 7.41%
I think I will have lost 5lbs or more from where I am now. 5 18.52%
I think you better come looking for me after New Years! 2 7.41%
Other 1 3.70%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2002, 09:19 AM   #61  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Default Happy WIW

Good Morning Everyone.

WIW has me still firmly planted at 176... so... I'll take that over a gain since TOM was due yesterday... oh the joys of irregular cycles

FILLISE - SO Sorry I missed your call. DH lost an extended family member and we went to the funeral home, then I got a call that my stepdad was back in the ICU, so I had to spend a rotten Tuesday doing family phone tag. Today my head cold has traveled to my chest and I am having a little trouble with my asthma, so I'm making a Dr.'s appointment to see if I need some antibiotics along with all this other crap I'm now taking. I wish I felt better!!! Maybe you'll come back soon and we'll get to meet up!!

DARAMUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome back!! Hey... I fell off the wagon BIGTIME and gained back about 3-5 myself man. See what happens when we quit writing? LOL!!! I'm at 176 now... my pre-screw up weight was 174 so I still have 2 to go before I can start on losing NEW pounds. Doesn't that SUCK? It's great to have you back, I missed you! EMail me

Yesterday I managed to slip again...LOL... My throat was hurting SO bad and DH was eating a vanilla ice cream cone... so I ate a few bites of his DQ Vanilla. My throat felt much better!! We were in the car on the way to the funeral home, so I didn't have many choices. Not much harm done. Today will be a good OP day! Started it out with Shredded Wheat 'n Bran and agave. I'm about to get some water, and take a sinus pill and GO TO BED. This sinus pressure has given me a MEGA Migraine.

Keep my SD in your prayers, he's still in ICU (again) and my mom is really getting emotionally worn down from spending all this time in waiting rooms with him in the hospital. It's been really rough on her worrying if he will make it and they have 5 kids at home all under age 11. She probably needs more prayers than he does!!

See Y'all later!!
Old 11-20-2002, 09:30 AM   #62  
LKF

Gracious, how sweet of you to ask about me! I've been around but my schedule at work (which is the only place I get to post) has changed and I am not likely to be able to post as often as I wish I could. Still, I pop in to see how everyone is...and I miss all of you terribly! Just know that I'm around as often as I can be, keeping up with all of you, but am sometimes not able to post. I will when I can, though. If y'all will accept my occasional popping in, I'll try to do that for a minute on the fly as often as I can...just remember I love you all!

Welcome to all the new members -- we are really growing, huh?!

Jack-K, I've been reading about your return from your cruise and it sounds like you had such a great time. I'm so glad. And don't worry for a minute about what you gained -- it was worth it! And you jumped right back to the SB right way of eating. I'm so proud of you!

Again, please forgive my shortie but remember my love to each of you...
Old 11-20-2002, 09:34 AM   #63  

Angry WIW....

Well..my weigh in was Tues. I'm down 2.6 lb. which makes a total of 10 ugly lbs. gone!

SolShine, I love your puppy. She is soooo cute. That's my baby pictured in my avatar. She's spoiled rotten

Zanne, we got some snow in our area too, but only about 1" before it turned to sleet, then all rain. Thankfully we didn't get any icing. Hopefully today it's supposed to warm up so that it will melt. Hope you fought off that cold!

Beth, I hope that your Step-Dad will be home from the hospital soon. I will be thinking of you.

I am sorry if I missed anyone, but there are quite a lot of posts that I can't keep up!

Have a great day everyone.
Old 11-20-2002, 09:42 AM   #64  

Angry Doing better!

Hello everyone,

Well, things are going better between Amber and I. My parents came over last night and we did a type of intervention and it really worked out well. (Both of my parents are retired teachers)
Saw the Guidance Counselor this am with Amber in tow and everything came together. She explained to Amber that in the State of Florida, ANY kids that graduate with a 3.5 GPA and obtain a SAT score of at least 1250 get a fully paid scholarship at any of the State colleges. (This is where the lotto money is going! I had no idea...It's really a wonderful thing and Amber said that she is going to try her best to bring her grades up and go for it!! Therefore, things are back on track and she apologized to me about her behavior and attitude towards me and she also said that she will treat me with respect from now on. Anyhow, I wanted to thank all of you for all your support and well wishes!

Bob: Thanks for the Veggie soup recipe. Looks delicious!

Daramus: Glad to hear you're back on track and Welcome back to the board!!

Monet: Thanks for relating to me and giving me all your support. It is trying at times and I'm glad that I have this board to share my problems cause it's all related to how we deal with life's obstacles and food. I didn't go off plan, but I sure was thinking about it!!! Girls in their teens have to be the worst because of the hormones flying away....

Deb: Sorry I missed chat! I was busy with the intervention with my daughter and my parents for a couple of hours. I couldn't exercise either, but this was more important if you know what I mean.

Susanne: Wow, it snowed for 28 hours straight? That's some snowstorm!

Gracious: Congrats on your weightloss of 1.5 pounds!

Well, back to work for me...Talk to you soon!
Old 11-20-2002, 09:45 AM   #65  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hi, this is my second WIW...I gained a pound back. I lost 9 pounds the first week and got on the scale today to see a pound back. I assured myself the first loss was water and now my body is adjusting to new WOE. I am not going to give up because I am still vamped about the intial week. I will start walking, I haven't exercised at all. I do drink PLENTY of water, maybe too much.

Zanne--hope you feel better soon and glad you are happy with what the scale says even though puffy.

gracious-way to go on that loss!!!

Beth--stick with it and get well. I will pray for your family and SD.

Aleka--GREAT JOB!! Woohoo!
Old 11-20-2002, 09:50 AM   #66  

WIW was not very happy for me...I was up 3, but as I am smack in the throes of PMS, I will reserve my right to be depressed for a few days, and wait and see.

I feel kind of yucky today. I hope it is not the power of suggestion, but they kept asking me if I was feeling nauseous, or throwing up. That indicates liver problems. I have had a bit of problem, but nothing unusual, I thought. Well, today, I began to feel rotten the minute I ate breakfast. I don't like this lingering health stuff one bit!

I know I should address everyone individually, but I hope you will all forgive me. I am off to crawl back in bed.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-20-2002, 09:52 AM   #67  

Angry Congrats to Aleka and Robin Girl!

Just wanted to congratulate both Aleka and Robin on their weight loss this week!!

You're both doing great! Keep up the good work!
Old 11-20-2002, 10:24 AM   #68  

WIW---No change today. Again. But, that's really good news since I've been terrible with my eating. Planning on being better today. Keep your fingers crossed.

Good news from my mom. She had a dr's visit on Mon. Seems he can't feel the tumor anymore. Hmmmm....She's going to ask for an ultrasound of something to check it out. Sounds good to me. You can bet we're thanking the Lord for this.

Sorry I can't get to everyone right now. Kiddos coming in.
Old 11-20-2002, 10:49 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy WIW

Hope the scale was good to everyone today. I have lost 3 more of the 10 vacation pounds. Hope those last 4 go quickly.

We didn't end up going to see my SIL last nite. She gave us the arrangements over the phone so there really was no need. They will have some type of short service tonite. I am so nervous about it, my stomach is upset and I have a headache. With such a strained relationship over the years you just don't know how things will go. I am more concerned for my DH. Don't know what is going on in his head and they surely won't share it with you. I'll just be glad when all this is over.

On to more pleasant things.

Monet, You should have went after that Dr and made him sit down with you. When will you get the results of your liver test back? You had better stay in that bed. Bob is a meaney. Thanks for the kind words. I really don't know what to expect tonight at the service. Of course men don't share their feelings very well, at least mine doesn't. I have offered to "listen" if he wanted to talk about it, but he says there isn't anything to talk about. MEN! Hate that you are feeling poorly today. Get some rest and think positive thoughts.

Daramus, How wonderful to have you back. We have missed you. Don't worry about those 7 pounds in 3 weeks, I gained 10 in just 1 week on vacation. Just proves we need to stay on track. It's sur eno fun taking off those same pounds twice. Hope you keep posting.

Bob, I bet your mom loved seeing your brother. What a nice surprise.

Robin girl, Welcome, I think I was on vacation when you joined us. This is a gret board and a great WOE. I have been doing SB for 13 months now and I love it. You don't even miss those potatoes after awhile. I loook forward to getting to know you. Don't worry about that pound, your body is still adjusting and your weight can fluctuate on a daily basis. You will find that you will be dropping inches like crazy and the scale won't be moving that much.

Fillise, Glad you had a safe journey. Sorry to hear about your Dad's cousin.

Zanne, Hope you are feeling better. Throw those cookies away. No one needs them. Glad you could jump right back on track though. That's a good sign.

Gracious, WTG onthe 1.5 lbs. You are doing great switching back to SB. Toni is on vacation this week.

Beth, hope you are feeling better. Sounds like you need a mega dose of antibotics. Sending prayers for your SD and especially your mom. She has been through alot lately. Yeah for you staying the same. Better than gaining. I know what you mean about irregular cycles, I haven't had one in 2 months. Ughh.

LKF, I hate that you won't be around as much. I love reading your posts. They are so upbeat and encouraging. Pop in when you can. We will miss you.

Aleka, WTG on the 2.6 lbs. 10 lbs is great. Keep working on it and it will be gone before you know it. We met a couple from NH on our cruise. He was so friendly and she was a obgyn.

Denise, I am so glad things are working out with you and Amber. I think you are doing your best and being tough is the best solution. I truly hope she turns her grades around, kids just don't realize how important that is until it's too late. Keeping you both in my prayers. WTg on not stress eating. I know how kid problems can drive you off track.

Music, Wonderful news about your DM. Prayers do work.

Have a great day.

Jackie
257/164/145
10-10-01
Old 11-20-2002, 10:58 AM   #70  

Unhappy

YIKES! I'm up another .5 lbs. Trying to stay off computer lately, it's really hard, but a must, as it hurts to much and defintely doesn't help my condition. Seem to be binging on starchy sb carbs. Trying to bring it down to 4 servings this week and then drop down more next. Going up a 1/2 lb a week is not ok. I hope you all are well. Have a wonderful weekend!

Lara
Old 11-20-2002, 11:31 AM   #71  

Just a quick WIW post. I wasn't going to 'cause I feel so bloated but I bit the bullet anyway. No loss but no gain either.

OK, I need to vent. I have a very strained relationship with my sister and we haven't spoken in about a year primarily because of the way she and her husband have treated their oldest daughter (but other factors involved). She called my mother yesterday in a tizzy and then her husband called my mother and called her all sorts of names; names you wouldn't call someone you didn't like much less an 80 year old woman!! Fortunately, she just hung up on him. We're moving my mother to a new retirement apartment next week and I'm so stressed out that they are going to come over on moving day and cause all kinds of problems. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. The holidays are looking to be a little stressful at the Granberry household.

Sorry about that but you guys are always so helpful and supportive. Gotta run now. Hope everyone has a loser of a day!!

Trish
Old 11-20-2002, 12:07 PM   #72  

Height: 5' 7"

Default WIW

Good morning all! WIW is the same ole same ole..but I will take that over a gain any day. 154

Trish...I am praying for you and your family. ((hugzz))

Welcome back Damarus...you will have those extra pounds off in no time.

Denise...I'm so glad your daughter is feeling better about school and being sweeter toward her moma.

Idblond....you'll get that half a found off in no time..I can relate to the starchy carbs...they are mean ...just mean. But man they taste so good.

Go Jack-K! Those pounds are just rolling off...you'll have them all off in no time.

Music...awesome on your mom..praying it's gone completely!!!

Robin-girl....you are doing great! One pound is probably just water and will off plus some next week.

Aleka....yeah! look at that weigh just coming off....

LKF...tell work there is a new rule...you HAVE to have time to post..LOL Oh well, it was worth a try.

Gracious....wtg on losing some more weight..go you..shake your bootie..

Beth....hang in there...you are gonna be on a downward run soon.

Zanne...man..I would love to see some real snow..but aint happening where I live. Praying you feel better soon.

Howdy to everyone else. Sorry if I missed somebody this morning. The kids are rattling my ole brain. Jess is fighting hard against the program this morning. That's my boy...

Love,
Crystle

235/154/140---maybe...LOL
Old 11-20-2002, 01:33 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

WIW- well I'm at 215 this morning. I guess that is good, but yesterday I was at 214. I stayed 100% OP yesterday and even skipped the ww pasta last night and ate the meat and sauce with a nice salad. Hopefully, it's just a little fluid retention- but still dissappointed since I was looking forward to it being 214 today. Well, at least I'm down a pound, okay I'm through complaining!
Old 11-20-2002, 01:53 PM   #74  

Hello everyone!

I hope all of you are doing fine. I really enjoyed the chat last night.... had a great time! Thanks for the big welcome back. I just wanted to post an updated pic I took about 10 minutes ago. I'm hoping it will work! The last time I tried it never showed. Anyway, talk to you soon!

Old 11-20-2002, 02:02 PM   #75  

Today, I am going for a pedicure which will be a special treat. The day is beautiful here and I am feeling a little
better....yeah!

Jack-K: Hope everything will go okay for you at the service. About my accident....it was anasty accident but
everyone will eventually be all right and that means a lot. The outing without the brace yesterday turned out to be
a little painful but I just took my evening pain killer (actually I am only taking one a day) and I am okay today. I
think I will wear the brace all day today, however.

Monet: and Denise: My daughter and I had a rough go from the time she was 13 until she went off to collage.
Now, we are the best of friends. It is hard working through it and waiting. What did the test on the liver function
show? That was not nice for the doc to run off when you needed answers.

Linworth: Yes, we love it up in North Carolina. We have never spent the winter there since even in Nov. it starts
to get gray and looks depressing. Winter is a good time to come to Dallas and see my friends and get to eat in my
favorite restaurants. I have found the best way to really keep up with answering is to open a Microsoft page and
flip back and forth from the board to that page. Then, when I am ready to send, I just do copy and paste in into the
send page on the board. Does any of this make any sense?

Daramus: Nice to hear from you and glad to hear you are back on track. Hey, very nice picture. It is great to meet you.

Gracious: The review was very nice and it was great to see all the ladies again. The person who drove us to the
meeting turned out not to be too great of a driver but we did get there and back in one piece and I was glad that I
went. I made everyone put on their seat belts.

Beth: Wow! Sounds like a really difficult time and then to feel lousy on top of it is not fair. I hope the meds you
get from the doc will make you feel good very soon.

Heartmom: Don’t you just hate when you are ”good” and the scale is mean! If it is any consolation, I seem to
always be up just a little when I eat things with tomato sauce. (Even my homemade tomato sauce.) This is just to
say that the extra weight is usually gone by the next day. Good luck!
Closed Thread