Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: What stops you from exercising? (choose all that apply)
I find it totally boring 9 29.03%
I have no motivation 15 48.39%
I'm just too busy 10 32.26%
Too tired before/after work 9 29.03%
Health problems 4 12.90%
Fear of looking stupid 0 0%
Lack of knowledge 0 0%
Weather (rain, sleet, wind or snow-hey, I not the Postman!) 2 6.45%
Other (like, nothing to wear and other lame excuses) 3 9.68%
But I DO exercise REGULARLY!!!! 5 16.13%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2002, 07:06 PM   #76  
"I'm working on it!"

Default For Interest

I found this on Montignac's site. Seems to prove that the way we're trying to eat is the best!

PRESS RELEASE
THE MONTIGNAC METHOD SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN(1)

In its November 2001 issue, the internationally prestigious British Journal of Nutrition published the results of a Canadian study that validates the scientific premises upon which the Montignac Method is based.
The authors of this study are distinguished medical researchers at the Univerity of Quebec led by Prof. Dumesnil, who happened to lose 21 kilos (46 lbs.) following the Montignac dietary method in 1996. Impressed by his experience, he decided to probe more deeply into the principles underlying the Method.
A pilot study was therefore set up in which a group of obese men were subjected to three different dietary regimens arranged sequentially.

* The first regimen was the AHA phase 1 diet (advocated by the highly respected American Heart Association), in which the subjects consumed a reduced fat diet ad libitum.

* The second regimen was a low-glycaemic index, low fat, high protein diet based on the Montignac Method, which the subjects were also required to consume ad libitum.

* The third regimen had the same composition of macro-nutrients as the AHA Phase 1 diet: however, the energy intake was restricted to that consumed by those following the second regimen based on the Montignac Method.

The results of this study were as follows:

* Subjects following the second regimen based on the Montignac Method, achieved the most significant weight loss.

* Subjects following the Montignac Method, also achieved the best level of satiety. Those following the AHA diet, achieved satiety when they had consumed 2,800 calories. Whereas, those following the diet based on the Montignac Method, achieved satiety when they had consumed only 2,100 calories. In the third regimen, where energy intake was restricted to 2,100 calories, subjects were left still feeling hungry, although the nutritional composition of the regime conformed to official dietary recommendations.

* Those following the regimen based on the Montignac Method experienced the most significant reduction in waist measurement. In the case of those following the first regimen (AHA), waist measurements even increased.

* The Montignac Method also produced the most positive data with regard to lipid levels in the blood (lipidaemia).

* Cholesterol:

* Following the Montignac regimen, levels were stabilised. In addition, there was an increase noted in the diameter of LDL-Cholesterol particles - a significant factor in the reduction of cardiovascular risk

* The opposite was noted with regimens 1 and 3, for not only did the diameter of LDL-Cholesterol particles remain unchanged, but the ratio of HDL-Cholesterol to the overall Cholesterol level decreased, giving rise to an increased cardiovascular risk.

* Triglycerides: In the case of the Montigac Method, the study noted a reduction of 35% in triglyceride levels at the end of only 6 days. This is a quite exceptional result, not only because the other two regimens had no effect on this parameter (with regimen 1, levels even increased) but also because, according to Prof. Dumesnil, in our armoury of medicines we do not currently have a molecule capable of producing this sort of result within such a short time frame.

* And then finally, it was the regime based on the Montignac Method that produced the lowest insulin levels in the blood (whether under fasting conditions, or during the course of a 24 hour day, or even when high blood sugar levels were induced), resulting in the most stable glycaemic levels of any regimen. Limiting these two parameters is, of course, one of the factors in reducing the risk of insulin resistance, the main cause underlying the development of diabetes.

The implications of this study are that, compared to the usual dietary recommendations exemplified by regimens 1 and 3, the Montignac Method will give better results, not only in terms of losing weight without suffering hunger pangs, but particularly in terms of reducing factors associated with cardiovascular risk. Moreover, it is reasonable to conclude that following the Montignac Method will naturally inhibit the onset of diabetes type II.
A copy of the original study can be ordered on the publisher's site.
1 BRITISH JOURNAL OF NUTRITION (2001)
86, 557-568 JG DUMESNIL et al (Effect of a low-glycemic index diet…)
Old 11-14-2002, 07:16 AM   #77  
"I'm working on it!"

Default Good Morning!

Well, I did it! I ate 100% on plan yesterday! I got in a lot of walking. I came home from the mall and realized I had forgotten to pick up this HUGE back of mixxed greens that I had seen for a really good price. So, off I trotted, back to the store to buy lettuce. I got something healthy and some exercise!

I did have the munchies after swimming. I'd forgotten how salty triscuits are! They filled the salt craving. I also had a bucket of veggies all prepared and a batch of spicy black bean hummus. YUM!

Time for coffee! I'll try to get back later!
Old 11-14-2002, 08:02 AM   #78  

ZANNE: Way to go! You done slendid!

Gosh the board has been quiet. Where is everybody? I just got up, so I am going to toddle downstairs and find something for breakfast. I think it will be a piece of leftover quiche. Whole wheat crust of course... It is so nice and easy for breakfast!

Have a good day everyone!

Old 11-14-2002, 08:41 AM   #79  

Angry Good morning everyone,

Zanne, that was a good article. I used to be on Suzanne Somers WOE and my bloodwork was fantastic, even though I was eating things I wasn't supposed to. Way to go eating OP.

Debelli, I thought that since the Vita-Spelt pasta I had was also Whole Wheat (I ate the brown one), that it had fiber in it. I went into the site you recommended, and copied the carb serving list so I know how much to eat. Thank you, that was very helpful. I think why this WOE is so confusing to me is, I'm a veteran dieter, and just about every program has set specific guidelines as to how many servings, and serving size. I hope I have gotten this straight, SB, you eat 2-3 serv. of starchy carbs. a day, mostly protein & non-starchy veggies, nothing more than 3 gm. of sugar, and no counting calories, fat grams, or carbs (other than starchy carbs). Sometimes I feel like I'm floundering here.

BOB, WOW 50 deg. in FL? It's kind of early for those temps, isn't it?

Enjoy your day everyone!
Old 11-14-2002, 08:54 AM   #80  

Default Thursday

The kids are home for today and tomorrow because of some teacher's meeting. I am going to try and finish sewing my daughter's dress today with 3 kids running about. And I am still trying to get some laundry folded. My laundry is always washed, but tends to wait a while to get folded.

YELLOWROSE- How terrible for you, your hubby and the friend to have been in that accident. Although you had awful injuries I am thankful that they weren't even worse. Kudos to you for staying on plan even while in hospital...that is truly amazing!

MUSICTEACH- Nuts are way better to eat than so many other things. The extra fat won't do as much damage as the carbs and sugar in other treats. Good for you to choose them. Good news about James too. Our 3 kids all seem to have an understanding of the gospel and the 6 & 8 year olds have expressed faith but as a parent you have to be so careful, don't you? I certainly wouldn't want to give the assurance of salvation when it wasn't real. We simply encourage them, pray with them and teach them and let them know that anyone who trusts in Jesus will shine forth His light in their lives and others will see it. The really neat thing is they are all seeing *prayer work*. We have had a wonderful year here starting with my Mom getting saved and others in our church and community. My son said the other day, *When we pray, people get saved, don't they Daddy?* I thought that was wonderful.

MONET- Thanks for the pointer. I was in such a state that I don't think I would have been able to get myself into the tub! I will certainly remember it for next time and hope that hubby is around to help me out.

ALEKA- Sounds like you got it down pat. Once you get used to it, it will become like second nature to you.
Old 11-14-2002, 09:18 AM   #81  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Default Hiya!

OK... I managed to get up off the road after being run over by the wagon yet again. This is getting REALLY old!!!! I'm so tired of just not caring what I eat! Halloween did me in. I was back on track so well, and then all of a sudden CANDY was everywhere!! I fell off the wagon and haven't been back on since!

I did *pretty* well yesterday. We ate Mexican and I had some tortilla chips and ate my enchiladas with regular tortillas But other than that... everything I had yesterday was OP.

Today I'm starting out well!!! I have had too many carbs already, because I had 3 slices of legal french toast with agave... YUM!!! But it's sure better than the Count Chocula I had yesterday

I'm going in for some tests today... they found a mass close to my urethra, and have to determine what it is, etc... and my new OB/GYN is running all kinds of hormone tests (FINALLY I FOUND ONE THAT WANTS TO GET TO THE BOTTOM OF MY PROBLEMS!!!) and I go back there tomorrow. I've only had one day in the last 2 business weeks that I have NOT had a doctors appointment!!! It's been NUTS! ( I feel like I'm having a baby again since all these Dr's are staring at me 'down there' sheesh, it's been humiliating!!!)

Everyone just please keep your fingers crossed, pray, whatever your preferred way of sending good thoughts is... I think part of my neglecting to stay OP is the nervousness that comes with knowing something is wrong and not knowing what it is. My OB/GYN thinks I have all the symptoms of PCOS, EXCEPT... my periods are regular! Go figure... so she's saying I probably don't have that... but they're looking for what I might have. That mixed with this mass I'm having tested.... well let's just say STRESS!!!

I'll check in later... I *WILL* Stay OP Today!!!!!!! I CAN DO IT!!!

Bye Everyone!!
Old 11-14-2002, 09:30 AM   #82  
"I'm working on it!"

Default BETH

Sending good thoughts your way! You can have regular periods and still have PCOS. I do! Hope the docs figure out what's wrong and get you better real soon.

Last edited by Zanne; 11-14-2002 at 09:32 AM.
Old 11-14-2002, 10:25 AM   #83  
Goddess

Thumbs down Morning ALL!

Hey! It's a gorgeous morning here.

I'm getting ready to head over to the church. My leave from the church job is up--but I have to admit on Monday I sat in the office wondering what to do--everyone had covered so well for me that everything seemed to be done! Oh well staff meeting is this morning, so I'll get mew assignments and plenty to do!

Lyn--so sorry to hear about your accident--but thrilled to know that you are ok--or will be. I'll be praying that your recovery is speedy. I don't know anything about collarbones--except that they seem to be a bit like ribs--nothing to do but wait for them to mend.

Beth--good luck with the Ob/GYN. I've had female problems for my entire reproductive life---now that I'm 44 and fairly certain that I will never have kids, I'm living for menopause!

Gracious--you are supposed to fold laundry???????? The system that works for me is to have two laundry baskets on the bedroom floor--one to use out of and one to put in dirty clothes.

BOB--Glad to hear of your gorgeous weather! And how is little Skeeter? Belle went to the vet for her annual shots yesterday. Needless to say she was not a happy camper last night.

Monet--I've been thinking about a shopping trip to Atlanta before Christmas. I'd love to visit with you! In fact I have a good friend who is going to have some surgery in Atlanta in December and I may come stay with her. Rest up so we can have some fun after Thanksgiving!

OK--got to go get into the shower--sorry I can't talk to everyone!

Have a great day!

Susan
Old 11-14-2002, 10:38 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 285/210/130

Height: 5'1

robin_girl
Welcome to the board!
And your right, any weight loss is good weight loss!!

Zanne
Do it! If your DH wants chips let him get them at work or something. Mine is whining all the time but tough. My health is more important then his munchies problem.
Plus I'm trying to get my 9 year old out of the junkies too.

Fillise
I was explaining the book to my DH and telling him how bad sugar is and all the problems it causes and saying how he should give it a try. He says "I don't eat a lot of sugar, I hardly ever eat candy"
I was just amazed! I started listing all the things he eats and drinks daily that were loaded with sugar and he was like "Oh..."
Thing with my DH, I have to give him facts and let him mull it over for a while. He see's it's working for me and DD so he'll venture over to the SB side eventually. I see a big problem with him giving up the beer though :P

YellowRose
Thank God you all survived with minor injuries! Course it probably doesn't feel to minor to your right?
Hang in there! You will heal and life will get back to normal again.

MUSICTEACH
Nuts are high in fat BUT have such necessary vitamins!

Quote:
People who eat nuts four or five times a week have far less heart disease than people who don't, several large studies now reveal. Just a few nuts deliver a jolt of heart-healthy monounsaturated or omega-3 fats, vitamin E, magnesium, and copper.-Nutrition Editor, Prevention Magazine
Eat your nuts!

Cheryl
Old 11-14-2002, 11:10 AM   #85  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Thursday Morning Everyone

Just got in from my jog/walk. After not going for an entire 6 days it was hard, but I got in my usual 4.5 miles which took me 51:25. I think it would of been a bit better if I didn't have to contend with the wind, but at least I don't have to complain about the heat. It's not as cool as I thought it was going to be but much better than what it has been.

Wasn't able to get on the board last night to post because Michael was on it long before we got home and long after I went to bed. Kids has a ton of homework which always takes presidence over my computer time.

Kids got their first report card yesterday and I'm absolutely thrilled with the results of the first quarter. Michael got straight A 1 A's across the board and Lauren got all A 1 A's except for one B 1 A. Michael has 2 AP classes and the rest or IB classes (harder than AP). Lauren has all Honors classes. This is by far the best report card she's ever brought home. Michael also got a certificate that he achieved AP SCHOLAR status from last year. Thanks for letting me boast and have the "proud Mom moment".

ELI and I got a late start out yesterday, leisurely day so we don't really push to get out. Went to OLE OLE for lunch, Sawgrass to return something, few other stops and then went to see THE RING. I wanted to see a different movie but somehow screwed up the times, so we just went to see this, it was okay, not really in to scary movies and then, it wasn't even really that scary.

Not much planned today. I have some cleaning to do in the house (as usual) and after I get the kids from school we're going to head over to my Grandparent's house as it's my Grandfather's bday today as well as going to see my Great Aunt who we haven't seen since early summer, so have to go there later.

CHERYL, a weight loss of 1-2lbs a week isn't slow, it's normal and what's said to be a healthy loss, a fat loss. Anything over 2lbs a week is usually a loss of something besides fat, like muscle-so if you lose 1-2lbs a week average consider this perfect!! You'll be breaking under that 200 mark soon!!!

ROBIN, You definitely are doing great thus far! CONGRATS! Just remember, stay focused and be patient and you'll truly be rewarded in more ways than one while following this WOE

DENISE, that was a terrible accident on the I yesterday, what a tragedy! I actually thought about JACKK when I saw that and thanked G-D that I knew she was on that ship already! Thank gawd that other tanker didn't blow, that would of really been horrifying in more ways than one. Good job on the rollerblades, as I told you, I can't even stand in them. I'd be so afraid of breaking a bone or two, much less not being able to break when I wanted to stop without crashing in to something solid to stop me in my tracks. I bet your legs must look great from doing that! OLE OLE was delish, 4 bowls of salsa emptied and of course, we spoke of you while there! Please ask your DM what time she put down for the marathon, just curious to know if we'd be in the same corral, though I doubt it. What day is she planning on heading up to Orlando? Good luck at OPEN HOUSE tonight-hope you'll have a good report!

LDBLOND, I hope you have a wonderful birthday today and a good time at your farewell party from work. I'm sure you'll be missed there, but on the other hand, I look forward to having you a bit more on the board with the little extra time you may find yourself with. Loved the MM message-thanks for posting it!!!

MUSIC, hey, at least it's not a gain-that's a lot worse, esp. since I know that's what I've had, though I won't confirm it!

ZANNE, I think it's hormonal, the weight gain, the inches on the tape measure AND the pimples-not to mention the craving. Again, try to up your protein and if that's not helping a little try to eat some Brazil nuts. You may be craving potato chips not only for the salt, but maybe because you need the seratonin fix that's in the potatoes and eating some BN's could help. Here's an interesting article I found on a website, http://www.selfhelpforher.com/nutrition15.htm

Understanding Food Cravings
By Archana Khambekar

It is four in the afternoon when the feeling creeps up on you -- a hard to ignore longing for a Milky Way bar. Carrot sticks cannot calm this urge and if the vending machine doesn't have it you dash out in the rain to get that candy bar. This is not an easy-to-satiate hunger that can be satisfied by anything delectable nor is it a simple food preference. It is a craving that is best defined as a very intense desire to eat a particular food, strong enough that you may go out of your way to get it. If this sounds familiar, you probably have already experienced the irresistible food craving. In fact, we all have these moments when we succumb to the need for a food fix.

An interesting factual tidbit is that we tend to crave certain foods more than others. Research conducted in U.S. and Canada has shown that chocolate tops the list of favorites followed by pizza, salty foods such as potato chips and french fries, then sweets, bread, protein and fatty foods. Further, men and women hunger for different types of treats. While men want salty, spicy foods, women prefer sweets, especially, chocolate. Food cravings are also dictated by the time of day, with late afternoon or early evening being the prime period when that "must have" feeling kicks in. However, it has also been noted that older people in general, have fewer cravings than younger adults.

Food For Thought

When the desire for a tasty morsel rears its head, the majority of us will rather trot to the refrigerator than stop to ponder the underlying reason for the craving. Researchers, however, have conducted studies to understand these food impulses and offered diverse hypotheses. Proponents of the nutritional deficiency theory reason that the body craves nutrients that it lacks. While there is evidence, for example, that individuals with a severe sodium deficiency develop cravings for salt, a contradictory fact is that many people intake more than their requirement of sodium yet they still crave salty food. Hence, be aware that this theory is not always applicable before you act on it and reach for that bag of potato chips.

In examining the relationship between dieting and cravings, researchers noted that those who had just started on a diet were more prone to cravings than those who have been dieting for a long time. According to Dr. Marcia Pelchat, a biological psychologist a possible reason could be that experienced dieters may be following a sensible diet that is rich in variety as against the monotonous diet adopted by dieters just starting out. An alternative rationalization suggests that being on a restrictive diet induces cravings, as people often want what they cannot have. After all, forbidden fruit is more tempting.

Another group of scientists contends that we crave specific foods because they contain substances that influence brain chemistry. These edibles could be a way of increasing the availability of a neurotransmitter in the brain called serotonin, an example being the longing for sugary carbohydrates often experienced by women in the premenstrual period. As reported in the American Journal of Psychiatry, 36% of women crave sweet foods before their menstrual cycle, a time when the chemical serotonin becomes depleted. This decline adversely affects mood, which in turn spurs insidious "comfort eating". It is also theorized that people turn to the so-called "mood foods" to feel better when they are stressed out or despondent. But Dr. Adam Drewnowski, former Director of the University of Michigan's Human Nutrition Program, expresses a different point of view. He puts forth that eating high-fat, chocolate foods can trigger the brain's production of natural opiates hence the susceptibility to these foods. In his studies he has observed that when he used a drug to block the brain's opiate receptors, the craving for sweet, fatty foods such as chocolate plummeted.

These are some of the hypotheses floating around -- a single clear explanation is yet to emerge. Currently this is a subject of ongoing research and the new findings presented in the Journal of American Dietetic Association ( http://www.eatright.org/journal/) and the international publication Appetite ( http://www.academicpress.com/appetite) provide more food for thought.

Tame the Craving

Even though scientists differ on the origins of food cravings they agree that these yearnings are not detrimental except when you indulge in excess. If you long for ice cream, for instance, and eat just one scoop, no harm is done. However if you eat a whole gallon of ice cream, you have just gone from craving to bingeing; it is in the interest of your health to rein in this devouring. Nutrition experts suggest these easy-to-follow strategies to tame your appetite:

Give yourself 15 to 20 minutes before sticking your head into the refrigerator. Experts say that a craving is like a wave that peaks and subsides.

While it is okay to slip up occasionally, especially when these pangs are overpowering, do practice portion control. Eat a small bowl of potato chips instead of a bag of potato chips.

Substitute with a similar food that has a better nutritional value than the one you crave. A glass of chocolate skim milk instead of a candy bar is a healthier choice. If it works for you, try a low calorie alternative such as low fat flavored yogurt instead of regular ice cream.

When attempting to modify your intake, don't be too restrictive. Incorporate some of your favorite foods into your eating plans.

Eat a proper breakfast to lessen mid-afternoon cravings.

Exercise regularly to release ''feel-good'' chemicals similar to those released when you eat the craved-for food.

Maintain a journal of your cravings to determine if your emotional state is the underlying trigger. Once these emotional triggers are discovered, an appropriate eating regimen can be developed.

These measures do not give you a magical hold on your cravings but provide a way to better manage them. Keeping your nutritional wits intact is always a good approach on the road of healthy eating.

Lucky you that still has 6 weeks before Xmas, we have only two to go

Break...had to go with my DS to look at a couch and to help watch 2 of her 5, but back now

FILLISE, think of the governors race this way, it's not sooo bad, I think keeping a whole country in suspense for weeks on end in finding a president is a ton worse I'm with you on NOT getting on the scale-heck!

SOLSHINE, loved gabbing with you on the phone. Hope you have/had a good trip and look forward to hearing and seeing more of you. Can't wait to see you in O-town in less than 2 months!!!! Is that you're fur baby or a look alike? Good luck at the show!!!!

ROSE, so sorry to hear about your terrible accident and your injuries you sustained, thank goodness it wasn't worse though. Where did this happen, in NC or TX or in between on your way home? I'm thinking NC since I think you were suppose to be there after my parents and they didn't leave til the 20th. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

BOB, beautiful today, isn't it?!? Hey, it sounds like KATE is enjoying her time away from you as much as you are enjoying having your house back to yourself for a while. Maybe that or she's having a fling with an orderly! LOL!!! Me drag him to Broward, not I my dear, he's the one who wants to go up there all the time!!! I happily follow though

ALEKA, all whole grain pastas have fiber in them, but certainly not enough for a whole day. Many people just don't get enough of the recommended 25-30 grams a day. I try to shoot for 40-50 if I'm able. Remember fiber doesn't get absorbed by the body, which is why, when you count carbs, for instance, you deduct the grams of fiber. PLUS, fiber helps foods digest slower and makes you feel fuller longer. Do you have any idea an average of fiber you get, most people don't. Just think, a pint of raspberries, say about 6 ounces has approx 12 grams of fiber, almost half of the recommended intake. I too am a veteran dieter AND WL surgery aficianado. I don't care what SB says about calories and them not counting, calories count and if you don't take in enough it's just as bad as taking in too many, which is a very common problem I see happen with people on not only this WOE but many others. If you can keep your intake to 30% fat, 40% carbs and 30% protein, or approx amounts to that, it doesn't have to be exact, and then keep those starchy carbs to 2-3 a day, you'll do fine. Check out RISSA'S site which gives a good overview of SB at http://www.prettyimpressivestuff.com/sugarbusters You're not floundering, your like a salmon, going up stream (I know, you didn't mean THAT kind of flounder, but I couldn't resist), no, you're learning!!!!! Even a veteran can learn something new and as I've always said, even after being on this WOE for 2 1/2 years now, I learn something new almost daily!

GRACIOUS, geez, 2 days off for the kids-wow! Seems these days the kids are out much more than when I was at school.

BETH, glad to see you back, you know you aren't the only one to fall off and you do seem to brush yourself off and find the path to get back on that wagon. Did DH tell you I called about 2 weeks ago? He told me first you weren't home and then confessed that you were sleeping. Sorry to hear about all the Dr. visits, but hopefully, they'll get to the root of the problem. Good luck with the tests and PLEASE let us know the outcome. We'll all be sending good thoughts your way:vibes:

Crap, it's after 11pm already-where does the time go??

Gotta run, will check in later!

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
Old 11-14-2002, 11:21 AM   #86  

GRACIOUS: I can't believe you! You don't have to fold laundry! You get the kids to do it! You can get them each a basket, and put their clothes in it, teach them to fold them and put them away themselves. Your daughter will be ready to take over the whole laundry operation in a while and your sons will be well trained. All their future spouses will sing your praises..... My kids have done their own laundry since they were in about sixth grade. All I have to do is mine and my hubby's. Sure makes it easy!

FILLISE: I will look forward to getting together with you when you get to Atlanta! I am being really good! Today, I spent all morning in bed reading. After lunch, I will take a nap. I'll be ready for your visit!

CHERYLCO: Yes ma'am! I am heading off downstairs for lunch and will snitch a handful of nuts while I am there!

BETH: I will be praying for you. I am sure it is very unsettling to have to deal with the unknown and all the doctors checking you out. Keep us posted! Just remember, you will feel better off the sugar!

Lunchtime! Catch you all later!
Old 11-14-2002, 11:36 AM   #87  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good morning!

I was gone for WIW but the weight is still holding around 154..so no complaints.

Zanne...you sound just like me...I'm 37 almost 38 and have been hitting the chips more than normal. My face has been dry and breaking out. My first thoughts were..is this hormones...I mean hello acne at 40..what's the deal. I had it horrible in my teens but not since. I hope you continue to feel better and stay away from those chips. I had control this morning and only had 3...now if I can just stay away from the bag. No way of not having them in the house. Five kids and one hubby would have my neck.

Welcome Robin Girl! I agree with you...water weight or not it's a a step in the right direction. Keep up the good work.

YellowRose...praise God you are going to be okay. How very scary for you and your family.

Beth..praying they find the root of you troubles and that the mass is nothing more than an inconvience.

Gotta run ya'll..the kids are still doing school and are getting distracted.

Love,
Crystle

235/154/140
Old 11-14-2002, 12:00 PM   #88  

Just a quickie today. Things were a zoo at work yesterday and today is shaping up to be no better. Had to do insurance enrollment meetings for one of our clients. Yuk!

Anyway, I'm down 2 pounds for WIW (a day late) and I had on a belt yesterday that I hadn't had on in ages!!!

Deb, I loved talking with you the other night. We'll have to do it again sometime. January is looking up. We'll keep working on it.

See ya.

Trish
Old 11-14-2002, 12:58 PM   #89  

Default Hello

Hi all! Well today is the dreaded Open House tonight for my 15 year old daughter who has not been doing well in school. Gary is coming with me so at least I don't have to go it alone. I'm just hoping that it's not as bad as I think. She has admitted that she wasn't able to bring her grades up to all A's and B's from her interim report card that had (3) F's on it. Tonight, they are giving the report cards out to the parents at Open House. I can only hope and pray that they are mostly A's and B's with 3 (C's)....and that her next report card will be all A's and B's. I am so distraught over this stuff!!

If this is a cold front, then the weather people down here are plain stupid. I couldn't even wear a light jacket to work this am because it was sooo warm. It's going to be in the 80's today. Oh brother. They said another front is supposed to come in over the weekend, but it will probably still be warm.

I've been thinking about Jackie lately cause they've had a lot of problems with people getting sick on the cruise ships down here. I hope that she was not on one of those cruises...

Did my usual 55 minutes of The Firm last night. Nothing new or unusual. Sometimes, I think I'm exercising for no reason at all cause I'm just not seeing the results I want if you know what I mean. Gary keeps me going and keeps telling me that I'm looking better then I used to eventhough the scale hasn't moved in two months.

Lyn: You probably don't know who I am, cause I'm new. However, I wanted to send you some warm wishes
and I hope that you recover soon. Auto accidents are so traumatizing and it's so amazing that you stayed "On Plan" during your stay in the hospital, etc. Wow!!

Susanne: Thanks for info on the Montignac site. Very interesting stuff. I'm always looking for proof that this WOE is backed by evidence and facts. Congrats on staying On Plan yesterday. It does take a concerted effort to do this!!

Aleka: Sounds like you got this down pat. But like Debbie says, I think for SOME people, you may have to count your calories if you are 20 pounds close to your goal weight. I have about 20 pounds to lose, and I have only maintained in the past 2 months. Therefore, I think I'm going to have to breakdown and start counting calories in order to lose anymore weight.

Tina: I eat nuts everyday, but I will be limiting them from now on and counting those extra calories.

Beth: Sorry to hear you fell off plan. We're all human and we all will eventually fall off plan here and there. Don't worry about it and just get back on plan at your next meal. Sorry to hear you may have PCOS or a cyst. Pls let us know what you find out when you return from your doctor's appt. Will send prayers your way. "Remember stressed spelled backwards is desserts."

Debbie: First of all, Congratulations on your kid's report cards!!!! I AM TRULY HAPPY FOR YOU. I know it makes you feel so wonderful and so proud and all I can say is Kudos to you as you are doing something right, that's for sure!!

I will ask my mom what time she put down for the Disney trip. She is not going up till Sat. Also, thanks for sharing the info on Understanding Cravings. Good to read next time I crave something....

LDBlond: Happy Birthday!!!
Party Hardy!!

Crystle: Just like you and Susan, I get pimple too at age 39! I think mine maybe caused from stress or hormones...I always thought it was from the chocolate I used to eat, but since starting SB on 9/1/02, I haven't had ANY sugar and I still get the pimples. Weird!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 11-14-2002, 01:43 PM   #90  

Congratulations Trish!!! 2 lbs is SO GREAT!!
Closed Thread