Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: So, Halloween is over, how well did you do on your prediction?
I did exactly as I said, just one piece! 1 4.17%
I did exactly as I said, not one piece! 13 54.17%
I did exactly as I said, jus had a piece of SB Legal Chocolate! 0 0%
I did exactly what I said that night, there after, it's a different story! 0 0%
I failed, but not too bad! 5 20.83%
I failed, and miserably at that! 1 4.17%
You mean Halloween is over? I'm still celebrating! 1 4.17%
I plead the Fifth. I'm not saying anything to incriminate myself! 2 8.33%
Other 1 4.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2002, 06:19 AM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Post Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 11/4-11/10

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-THURSDAY RECIPE DAY
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=21602

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Old 11-04-2002, 06:24 AM   #2  

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Will post my usual morning post sometime later, but wanted to make sure I got our
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM

YOU KNOW

You know how completely right it feels when you genuinely offer kindness to another person. You've felt how truly right it can be when you're following a positive purpose with focus and passion and commitment.

And you know how wrong it can feel when you give yourself over to doubt, negativity, anger, and empty indulgences. So why do you keep going down those negative pathways, and so often turn your back on what you know is right?

Perhaps it's the perception that you have no other choice, that you're obligated to be tossed around by whatever comes your way. But that's not the case at all.

Certainly there are all sorts of things which are outside your control. But you always have complete control over what you do about them. That uplifting and energizing feeling of doing what you know is right can be a part of every single moment if you choose for it to be. The sickening feeling of regret need never darken even a single day.

At any given time you can choose to punish yourself or to fulfill your best possibilities. Make each moment, each day better than the best you've ever known by choosing to follow what you know is right.

-- Ralph Marston
Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/12?/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 11-04-2002, 07:38 AM   #3  

Good Morning! Here it is, Monday. Another week. Another week for me resting, and wishing this sore throat to the devil. I slept a little bit better the last two nights, but not much. I am thinking about how nice it would be to hop in my car, and drive to the outlet mall. I need some stuff from the health food store there. I better not tho...I do not want a relapse.

DEB: Enjoyed talking to you Saturday. I talked to my hubby, and he is all in favor of my going to Orlando for the get together...but he wants to come too! Is the rate you gave me for 2 or 4 to a room? I told him if it was girls only, he would have to stay with his sister! I intend to have fun! I also told him he had to start posting on the board if he wanted to come. He is rather quiet, but he IS doing SB... we shall see!

Have a good day everybody! Remember, only YOU can make you succeed or fail! Stiffen those elbows!

I am still down the 12, and hoping it stays gone. This is a new low, but confused due to scale problems, so I really don't know the total, but it is somewhere around 40 pounds now.
Old 11-04-2002, 08:15 AM   #4  

MONET!! Just the girl I wanted to *see*. They were asking for you over at the lcc. I told Lindakimy and Christy that you are a full blown SugarBusters gal now but that I would pass on the greetings to you. Some of the old members have resurfaced lately and they were just bringing up some names. Good to hear that those 12 lbs are still gone. Still praying for your recovery.

I am back on the wagon after my indiscretions of the past week. I am back to exercising 5 days a week again and eating on plan 100 %.

Hope everyone has a great Monday! Hey, this morning I won a Burger King Breakfast certificate for $10 from the Christian Radio Station. I told hubby he can pick it up and eat the goods because I don't want to! He was thrilled of course.
Old 11-04-2002, 08:40 AM   #5  

Good morning everyone

It is a dull cool morning here. We could do with some of that Florida sunshine. Had a bit of snow a couple of times last week, luckily not enough to settle. I'm just not ready for shovelling snow yet. Heck most of the leaves aren't even off of the trees yet and some of them are still green.

Didn't get to post at all last week, too busy as usual. Also had my head stuck in a book which I had to finish. I decided to check my body fat last week on my ds's digital scale. It showed 41% body fat. Isn't that gross. . I've only checked it once before and that was when he first got the scale at the beginning of this year but I have forgotten what it was then and I didn't write it down so have nothing to compare it to. No change with the weight recently but at least now whenever I want to eat off plan or too much of anything I think of that 41% fat. Maybe this will give me some incentive to cut down my intake and hopefully see some changes.

Monet - Hope you are beginning to feel better and hope that those 12 pounds will stay off.

Have a good week everyone.

Marie.
Old 11-04-2002, 09:21 AM   #6  

Good morning everybody,

Well, it's another soggy Monday morning here in Central Texas. My fence and deck are turning green!! So much for the drought.

Had a great week-end and even stayed pretty much on plan. Went to the high school football game Friday night. Some poor kid that had his drivers license for all of about 2 weeks backed into a light pole at the band hall and knocked the stadium lights off for about 4 hours. The game didn't start until 9:30. It was fun, though and we won. How 'bout those Longhorns! The only team in the last 75 games to win in Nebraska. Yee-haw!!

Crystle, I made the gumbo yesterday and it was great. It was kind of hard to tell how long I was cooking the roux though since it started out brown with the ww flour. I probably should have cooked it a little longer. I also made some spinach bread to go with it. You take chopped spinach and add some onion and melted jalapeno jack cheese and then spread it over french bread and toast it. I found a great sprouted whole wheat loaf at Whole Foods and used that. Made some brown rice, yum! Too many starch carbs but I saved them all up for last night.

Deb, would you email me the stuff about the Orlando trip. I may ask hubby for that for Christmas. Sounds like it would be so fun!

I guess I better get to work. Have a great day everyone!

Trish
Old 11-04-2002, 09:24 AM   #7  

Good Monday Morning Everyone!

Just got in from my walk and sweating profusely as I type. It's still hot down here, no reprieve and now they say we are going to have record highs this week:fl: That sucks! Just the same, I started my week out right and got my 4.5 miles in in not too bad of a time 50:05. I even broke in a pair of new running sneaks and they didn't even give me a single blister which is VERY unusual. Actually, I don't think I've ever worn a pair of sneaks and not gotten at least one blister the very first time-better not put a kunahora (curse) on myself, may just take time 2 to get one (or more!).

The laptop gave me a little bit of a problem this morning signing on, took me 4 tries, but finally was able to get on here and get the board started. I'm trying to find a way to get at least my favorites loaded up from the old computer to this one. I can't figure out how to get my filing cabinet though, and I REALLY need what's left in there. I've lost so many recipes, information, you all just don't know and it kills me, but I will survive! Anyone want to give me their 2 cents about their computers past and present and what they like, or dislike? I'm all ears!

Scale is about the same for me, at 126.5 yesterday and today. Still on track with my eating and hoping to see it move down a little more. Didn't do as well with my water yesterday as I have been the last 2 weeks, but I did really well Sat. with drinking over 3 liters! I swear I was making numerous calls to the "urination stations" all over Miami! Back on track with the water today. Already have had 1.5 liters

MEMBER MESSAGES: Got a call from BIGK last week and she wanted me to tell you all that she would be MIA from posting on the board for a while but would try to read when she can. She's going through some person problems at this time and needs to focus on a few things, nothing to do with being off SB but trust me, she needs some time. Also, got an e-mail from QUILTER and she won't be on for a little bit either, they too are having some computer trouble and she's having to have Paul send her computer in for repairs so she too will be MIA for a few days.

Okay, here's what little information I have to give you on THE WALT DISNEY WORLD MARATHON WEEKEND:

We are getting together in Orlando on the weekend of Janaury 10th, 11th & 12th, that's Friday, Saturday and Sunday. If you are able to arrive in the morning, the better, gives more time to spend together We are planning on staying at the RIU HOTEL which is near Downtown Disney, just off of the I-4 Expressway (directions will be given). The rooms are nice and clean, nothing too fancy and definitely NOT overpriced. When BOB and I stayed there last time we loved it, even had a fridge in the room, which we'll request to have again if possible in all rooms, for those SUGAR BUSTER GOODIES we have coming and for what we may find They have what I would describe as a grourmet breakfast buffet that was included free and should be once again, y'all don't have any idea! It was valid for up to 4 people in the room and if you had to pay seperately, it was like $7 a person. The room rate we got last time was $45 a night for up to 4 people. We are hoping to get adjoining rooms, or at least a few. Friday evening we have an all girls only night planned, so any DH's coming have to be forewarned this is OUR night. We'll have dinner together and then we'll have some things planned in the rooms, we'll probably do this in 2 adjoining rooms. We won't stay up all night, I don't think many of us even can if we wanted to, but we want to have some energy for whatever Saturday holds for us (TBA). So Saturday, we'll plan something everyone (hopefully) will agree upon and enjoy and have dinner together. Sunday is race day, so those running (or doing a dead man's crawl as I think I'll be doing) will be looking for our SB CHEERLEADERS! After the race, we can decide what to do, sorta wing it I guess, unless someone has something specific in mind. Those joining us for this weekend, will be told well in advance some "stuff" we want you to bring to make this weekend more fun.

I wish you all could join us, though I know that's not possible, unfortunately. BUT, for those of you who can, or if it's a possibility, I hope you will try. If anyone will be flying in to Orlando, just let us know when and we'll make sure someone is there to pick you up. Driving in, will be happy to provide directions. You won't be sorry you came! Already, MELF & MONET are coming in from out of state (of course, along with FROG from NC). If you have ANY questions, please let me know!!!! Again, hope you can try and come!

MONET, sounds like you're doing a bit better. Just do what the Dr. says and you'll get better daily (at least I hope). Was great to talk with you too. I'm excited TOM says you can come, that's wonderful news and of course, he's invited! The room is up to 4 people which includes the breakfast buffet. The only time "the men" won't be around will be Friday night, that's totally reserved for the ladies. Saturday after breakfast we'll have something planned for everyone to take part in, whatever that may end of being. WOW, 40lbs, that's wonderful. Keep up the great work. I know some of that is due to being sick, but not all-so kudos to you!

GRACIOUS, glad to hear you're back on track. $10 worth of McD's food, hope he doesn't have to use it all at once, sounds like a lot of garbage food to eat in one shot.

ROSALIE, I'd love to exchange some weather with you, too darned hot down here. I don't know if I really believe those body fat scales. When we were in Orlando last year for the WDW to watch FROG & DH run, they had an expo and there was a booth doing the body fat on the Tanita scale and it said mine was 14%-no flippin way was the correct! I can grab a handful of fat on any given part of my body, so I know that's wrong. I highly doubt you have 41% BF on you!

Well, I'm going to say adios as more than 75% of Miami's population says down here. I have some errands to run today, bank, library, post office, etc. Have to go get something to eat from the fridge (like I can find anything in there!). Michael has his guitar lesson later, followed by his friend coming over to go with him to a college fair at the school tonight (I think it's a bit early, but what the heck) Gosh, I hope this kid eats before he comes over-gawd forbid I should have to cook!

Will check in later!

Have a wonderful week!!!

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
194/126.5/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 11-04-2002, 09:39 AM   #8  

Mornin' y'all. Scales are down 1/2 lb today! That was my good news this morning. It all went downhill after that. Uncooperative kids who couldn't find shoes in the room they were supposed to clean up on Saturday. I found out this morning that the room that looked really good had everything stuffed in the closet and under the bed. After much complaining from me, Maggie wore her Sunday shoes to school. Never did find her school shoes. I'm trying not to let my mood affect my eating. Did eat off plan a little last night. We had fellowship at church last night. Had a great singing group. Anyway, I had a couple of oatmeal cookies. Not too bad. My first cheat in a couple of weeks. Today's mission is to not let my mood affect my eating.

MONET:Keep taking it easy. Hope you have a better day.

MARIE: I'm trying to lower my fat intake too. I find it hard to get in all my protein without going over on fat.

GRACIOUS: Hey! At least you won something. Our local Christian radio station is giving tickets to see Phillips, Craig and Dean as prizes for their Bible trivia contest each morning. Of course, they do all of this while I'm in class so I don't have a chance to call and try to win. They winners are also entered in a drawing for backstage passes. Man I would love to go hear them.

Hope everyone has a good day and hoping I can check in later. I have a PTA program tonight, so my day is full.
Old 11-04-2002, 09:47 AM   #9  
LKF

Good Monday mornin', everyone! Glad to see most of us were able to resist the sugar temptations of last week! Gracious and Zanne, sorry you "fell off the wagon" -- I didn't know Canada participated in Halloween! Anyway, you are both back OP, right?!

Monet, glad you are some better and that you have managed so far to hang onto that 12-pound weight loss! Congratulations and keep up the good work...but get well so you aren't doing it with chicken soup! (I had to laugh at your comments to Debbie about your hubby wanting to come to Orlando with you if you get to come to the SB gathering down there...sounds exactly like what my hubby would say -- he'd want to come, too.

Take a look at my signature today and you'll see that I lost 8 pounds in October! Yippeeeeeeeee! That brings my total since 8/1/02 (when I started SB) to 28! Feels good, too! But it's just the tip of the iceberg!
Old 11-04-2002, 09:55 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy Monday Gang

Was glad to see the day start, yesterday was such a long day. Got to work to find that we had been broken into over the weekend. Nothing was missing and they didn't even get back to my office to mess it up. I think they were young and just looking for money. A little excitement to start our week.

I had to torture myself today. I jumped on the scale and it was up 2 lbs. I knew it and knew it would depress me, but figured maybe it would shock me into being 100% this week. Didn't really eat off plan, just too much and drank too much alcohol. Just don't know what got into me. So it's salads all week for me for lunch and water, water, water.

Going to be a busy week here. Need to get things ready for when I'll be gone. So I have to to the week work that I'm gone this week. How do you do that?

Monet, Don't you dare go to the mall. You need to rest. 40 lbs how awesome! You MM fit perfectly with Deb's. Take care of yourself.

Gracious, glad you are back OP and sounds like your are in the right mode with exercising too. Yeah on winning the BK, shame you can't use it.

Rosalie, Please don't mention the "S" word. I hate snow. It's pretty to look at, but I hate driving in it, being cold and shoveling it. You are braver than me on getting your BF, I'm scared to see. I just read in our paper Sunday a website to go to and they calculate it based on ht and wt. I believe (not sure) it was mybodyfat.com. I might fool around and see if I can find it.

Trish, I think you are sending us your rain. It rained all day Sunday and supposed to start again tomorrow. Plus it is cold here. Your bread sounds delish. Not sure ont he gumbo. Not my thing. Have a great day.

Deb, sounds like you are off to a good start this week. Breaking those new shoes in for the WDW? Sounds like a lot of fun sure wish I could come. But with the wedding and all, it finacially possible. Liked your MM. Very true.

Music, 1/2 lb down is great, don't eat off plan or you will lose that 1/2 lb (or should say gain) then your mood will be worse. Hang in there and you will feel better all the way around.

Bob, sounds like you had a fund girls shopping trip. Shame the HFS was a bust.

Got to get busy. Have a great day.

Jackie
257/163/145
10-10-02
Old 11-04-2002, 10:45 AM   #11  
LKF

Jackie, bless your heart, you'll have those two pounds back off this week before you get to go on your cruise! Having to do all the work to cover the week you'll be gone will hack it off you and then some! When do you actually take off and hit the cruise line? For the life of me, I can't figure out why some of us have to work extra hard every time we take a few minutes off! I don't hear others having to do that! But all our work waits for us to get back to it, if we don't get it all done before we leave! Well, take it easy and just spend your week looking forward to that wonderful cruise!
Old 11-04-2002, 11:44 AM   #12  

Good morning everyone. Hope you had a great week-end. Mine was slow and lazy but did get my TM walking in. I'm trying to up it five extra min. a day. Thats my goal for the week. But thats a big deal for me with heart trouble. Hopefully all will go alright. I also want to try again working with light weights a little bit. I've put a pot of beans and ham hocks on to cook for dinner... It sounds good on this gray damp fall day we're having.

Debelli-your motival talk gives one something to really think about... Great going on a no blister run this morning. I didn't get my water down on Sunday so am making sure I'm drinking big time now.

Monet-Boy you're doing great with your weight.. Keep up the good work. Yep skip that mall and rest, rest, rest. I know it must feel like a lifetime of it!! Thats so neat your DH is doing SB too. Sure helps having a buddy doing it with you.

gracious-Congradulations on passing up the free breakfast. Shows our determined you are this week. Hope you have a really good week of exerciseing. I'm going to try to do some light weights for my upper arms this week.

Rosalie- Wow snow!!! This is all to early.. But I'm going to Denver next week and they have lots of it.... Thats really something on the body fat. That should give good encouragement to stay on SB. I'd be scared to step on that scale. My doctor nicely (ha ha) told me I wasn't obese any more just overweight.......!!!!

Trishaloo- Know about that soggy weather, we've had nothing but it... Oh my goodness your gumbo meal sounds wonderful. I would love to have been at your table...

music teach- Way to start a week off with a 1/2 lb. loss. Its so hard not to let stress affect your eating, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you today.

LKF-WAY TO GO FOR OCTOBER....You sure did well. Thats like a perfect month in my mind.. Heres pulling for you in Nov.......

Jack-K- Hope you have a great week, even though it sounds like you're going to be busy busy.. And get on those salads girl friend. OOOO its getting so close to vacation time for you. I go to Denver on the 12th to the 19th so hopefully we can both do well....

Well I have a busy week going. I'm going to Denver for a week starting on the 12th to surprise my brother for his 50th birthday. So this week I need to get the house cleaned and do my packing. I'm worried about what I'll eat there. Also get a hair cut and permanet tomorrow...... Have a great day....

213/162/130
Old 11-04-2002, 11:58 AM   #13  
LKF

Toni, thanks so much for the encouragement! You've sure done well -- when did you start SB at that high weight? Gosh, I can hardly wait until I only have 32 more pounds to go! Enjoy those beans and ham hocks...YUM! Good cold weather food!
Old 11-04-2002, 12:15 PM   #14  

Default Hi Everyone

Well, I was not feeling too well over the weekend due to my throat and vertigo problems, so it was rough out in the middle of Florida camping and we had a lot of work to do as we had to move the camper to higher ground in case the water gets too high next summer. The cold front never happened...If we got a cold front, I couldn't tell. It was quite warm even in Central Florida during the day. At night, it got down to about 60 and the campfire was nice. South Florida is just plain hot, even at night.

I'm still feeling quite dizzy and nauseous today, therefore, I don't think that I will be able to work out until this goes away. Only time and my head rotational exercises can help this go away. I really hate feeling like this.

Anyhow, I've read all the posts and would like to say "hello" to everyone:

Bob: It's nice to hear that there is a part of Florida that actually has a change of season and cooler weather. You are very lucky! what is a 7000sf HFS? It sounds like you shopped till you dropped! I love thrift stores...They are a lot of fun!!

Monet: Mono for 3 weeks? Ugh! I thought I had it bad. Glad to hear that you can eat whole foods now. That had to have been pretty awful. It's interesting to hear that your brother in law had the Vertigo "Meniere's Disease". I have the BPPV kind, but it's VERY similar. I have to do head rotational exercises for 15 minutes in the am and pm everyday for the rest of my life in order to not have any symptoms. I also have to take Klonipan (an anti-anxiety) and anti-vert for the nausea depending on how bad the symptoms are. What happened this time is that I thought maybe "the Vertigo" was gone for good, so I stopped doing my exercises for about 4 days and I'm paying for it now. I WILL NEVER DO THAT AGAIN... (I've never heard of Bok Tower near Lake Wales) We camp in an area off of hwy 60 between Yeehaw and Lake Wales in the center of the state. We drive up from Fort Lauderdale so I don't know the central part of Florida very well...
Congratulations on your 12 lb loss!

Jackie: Thank you for your kind, supportive words about my daughter. I hope she grows out of all this! Sorry to hear that someone broke into your work. At least they didn't take anything.
Yes, Florida does have Longhorn Steakhouses. They are THE BEST!! I hope you have a wonderful cruise trip!

Shirley: Thanks for your funny jokes and all the old age quotes.

GatorGal: Love your signature cow quote! LOL!

Crystle: Sorry to hear about all the rain you're getting. What part of Texas do you live in? I used to live in Houston for 17 years. Grew up there.

Debbie: VERY sorry to hear that you lost so much stuff on the computer like recipes and SB info! That is very depressing.
The Disney trip sounds like fun. I hope I can go. My Mom will also be racing in the 1/2 marathon at Disney. I am very proud of her. My family calls her "Super Runner". My Mom is 63 years old. 115 lbs, and runs 8 miles everyday. On Saturdays, she runs 21 miles right now because she is in training for the 1/2 marathon.
She wins 1st place for her age group in every 5K race and 1/2 marathon she has raced. She also won 1st place on the 7 mile bridge race in Marathon, FL this year. Her name is Lois Anderson if you ever stay after the races to see the awards being given out.
Or look in the paper for her times. After Disney, she hopes to race in NYC Marathon some year soon....(I e-mailed her your stats on your 4.5 miles at 50:05. That's awesome time! Keep it up, you're doing great!

Trish: Austin is beautiful! All those freshwater lakes and "Hill Country" I used to live in Houston and we would go to "New Braunsfels" for the German Fest and ride the river in tubes and go down the chute. Oh what fun we had when we were kids there!!

Tina: Congrats on 1/2 lb loss! I know how you feel about trying to control our emotions from controlling our eating. I am a very emotional eater and sometimes I allow it to get the best of me. Let's try and be strong together. I think I could learn something from a workshop on emotional eating! LOL!

LKF: Awesome news! 8 lbs in one month! Gosh, I wish I could lose that fast. You're doing great! Keep up the good work!

Okay, that's all folks...I guess I better get back to work today. Not getting much done. I'm so dizzy just sitting here at my desk. I can't wait till it goes away...Take care everyone and have a good busting day!
Old 11-04-2002, 12:21 PM   #15  

Denise- So sorry you're not feeling well. Hope that gets better soon. It must be miserable...

Bob- Somehow I'm missing your post..... Anyway howdy to you...
Closed Thread