Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: So, Halloween is over, how well did you do on your prediction?
I did exactly as I said, just one piece! 1 4.17%
I did exactly as I said, not one piece! 13 54.17%
I did exactly as I said, jus had a piece of SB Legal Chocolate! 0 0%
I did exactly what I said that night, there after, it's a different story! 0 0%
I failed, but not too bad! 5 20.83%
I failed, and miserably at that! 1 4.17%
You mean Halloween is over? I'm still celebrating! 1 4.17%
I plead the Fifth. I'm not saying anything to incriminate myself! 2 8.33%
Other 1 4.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2002, 08:28 PM   #61  
Little Engine That Could

Tried to get onto chat but something is very weird. Got a dialog box that said "You may not connect to Digichat because no site with the specified ID could be found." So will be MIA tonight.
Old 11-05-2002, 08:29 PM   #62  
"I'm working on it!"

Hubby!!! He was eating chips in front of me and offered me some! So much for him policing me So I'm policing myself. My mouth is watering for chips but instead I'm in the kitchen (that's where the computer is too) hunting up some veggies. Yeah me
Old 11-05-2002, 08:52 PM   #63  
Little Engine That Could

Looks like the little sapling is getting bushwhacked.
Old 11-05-2002, 09:18 PM   #64  

Default Chat

I am not being allowed to get into chat -- so I am missing out!!! Exasperating!!!!
Old 11-05-2002, 09:30 PM   #65  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

QUICKIE, chat link is NOT working, but we have a chat room via AOL. If you can access the chat room of DEBELLI63, you can do so now, or, you can I/M me at DEBELLI and i"ll invite you in the room Sorry for any inconvenience, I had no idea!
Old 11-05-2002, 10:10 PM   #66  
Mel

Default Hi there!

Anybody remember me???? I'm still here... one of your occasional lurkers. I thought I'd drop into chat tonight but whoops! no chat!

I'm still living a sugar free WOL , with some lapses ( darn that whole free day concept in Body for Life really messed me up), but mostly doing a bodybuilder's diet and training. LOTS of really lean protein and low GI carbs.

I was supposed to be one of the Orlando 1/2 marathoners but messed up my knee running about 2 months ago. I've just started back into roadwork after doing a lot of recumbent bike, then treadmill, but I sure don't think I'll be ready for WDW by January. My knee makes some funny klicking sounds and probably wouldn't make 13 plus miles. I sure would have loved to be there tho- I know a lot of you don't know me, but I do follow the trials and tribulations and successes of you all.

Anyway, just wanted to say "hi".

BTW, those Tanita body fat scale measurements are a crock! Notoriously innacurrate. Use a 7 or 9 site skinfold caliper pinch to get accurate readings.

mel

175/132/135 currently 17% bf, 14% goal
Old 11-05-2002, 11:31 PM   #67  
sef

HiedieHo All!!

My! My! How did the Board get so active all of a sudden?

In the afternoon the day brightened a little. The turkey soup was good, decided to use the noodles. It wasn't a cold day, but the dreariness made me think we needed a comfort food!

TRANQUIL: Apples and ice cream, does sound yummy! You're right to be proud.

DENISE: Couldn't get into chat either! I was lucky enough to go to HI twice as my DD lived there. It was wonderful!

LKF: I forget to look for the duram noodles, am so used to getting the ww. I only made the one soup using the ww noodles this time and son said the ww were okay. I should put the other noodles on my list to remind me. I'm at that age you know! Things slip my mind!Have you ever tried putting chopped eggs and cooked bacon in your drained spinach? Yummy. My DIL likes me to just put in sauteed chopped onion. Just another thought for variation. I have a biowl of Cheerios once in a while as a treat, cause like you I think there's too much stuff in them, I love Kashi. It's very good with some cottage cheese mixed with a spoonful of SF jelly, then sprinkle your Kashi on top. Tasty!

HEART: That's all we can do, pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and start all over again! Does that sound like a song? You bet!

ZANNE: Snack sounds good to me. Did it taste as good as you hoped?

JACKK: Made that chicken last week and we all liked it.

MONET: Altho you are recovering, you're not there yet! So continue do rest. Your outing confirmed to you that you are still struggling! Sending good thoughts your way!

Think I will read a while, was stitching but hands bothered me too much, especially that left wrist!

Take care. Goodnight

Shirley
Old 11-06-2002, 07:57 AM   #68  
"I'm working on it!"

Talking WIW!

GoooooD Wednesday Morning!

Well, the scale stayed down this morning at 166 so I changed my sig to make it official!

We had rain last night, then snow, then rain! Today is supposed to be mid 40'sF and tomorrow around freezing! This weekend is supposed to go up around 50F +/- a degree or two. WEIRD! Supposed to be cold with the wind this morning. The joys of living where there's (supposed to be) 4 seasons.

SEF--The snacks were good, cept the shredded wheat seemed a bit, hmmm, "heavy". I'm not sure if that's the right word, but I don't think I'd add them next time. I'd probably put in more almonds instead. I actually didn't eat that much of the snack last night! I was tasting little bits as it was drying out in the oven and that's all I wanted.

Ok, gotta go get the munchkin ready for school.

Bye for now.

Old 11-06-2002, 08:07 AM   #69  

Wow, I am catching up like crazy cuz I was out all day Tuesday shopping. I am proud to announce that I have all of my Christmas shopping done!

MONET- Glad to hear things are *officially* getting better for you healthwise. I wish I had a chef to come by and make me my meals!

ZANNE- You are grooving girl...here is my favourite grooving banana to dance for you!
Our snow is not only staying, it is getting deeper! We have a few inches on the ground and it is fantastic packing snow so the kids are loving it. Making snowmen and huge snowballs and of course snowangels. Funny, the kids love it but I dread it!

JACK-K- Yes, it is going to be a good week for me, I already determined it. I have lost half of what I gained from my indiscretions last week and I have been enjoying my food. I added back in my veggies so I am taking a break from my no carb routine and it is working.
Old 11-06-2002, 08:20 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy WIW Gang

Hope the scale is good to everyone today. For me it was still up those 2 pounds. I'm not even going to try to make an eaxcuse. Just live with it.

Not only could I not get into chat last night, I couldn't find how to get into it. The little chat word at the top of the screen was gone. How did you all attempt to get in??

Bob, We are going to St Thomas, St Johns/St Martin, San Juan and Bahamas. Are you saying scents made in the USA or out of it? I am taking a bottle (plastic) in my suitcase. I hear they check your carry-on so I figured it was safer in my suitcase.

Toni, Frustrating isn't it?

Cherylco, I think the secret to this WOE is being prepared. I plan all my meals the day before. I have to. The girls at work are teasing my about taking a box of Triscuits in my suitcase on our cruise. I just might do that.

Tranquil, the only seafood I like is white fish. But this just might be the chance to broaden my horizons.

Monet, Glad you are some better. Keep resting.

Gator, very interesting article. I think sugar is very addicting. Bummer on th flat tire. I hate those. Hope yu had road service and didn't have to fool with it yourself.

Zanne, Good for you girl, Take care of yourself. And first or course! Yeah for you on the 166 ance:

Meliris, So good to hear from you. Glad you are still with us eating and reading. You are doing great. Post again soon.

Sef, Glad your soup turned out good. Have a great day.

Gracious, YOU'RE DONE CHRISTMAS SHOPPING?????? yOU ARE ONE CRAZY WOMAN. I haven't even thought about Christmas much less buy a gift. Glad adding back your carbs are working. Keep up the good work.

Fruite, If youa re around, I hope you all take it easy on the CATS this weekend. Aren't you all w/o a couple key players? Just maybe.......

Good luck today.

Jackie
265/165 /145
10-10-01
Old 11-06-2002, 09:37 AM   #71  

A decent WIW today. That 1/2 lb is still gone so I guess that's official at 153.5. Got a call just as I was about to leave this morning that a friend's house burned this morning. Total loss. I had a couple of stacks of clothes that I was passing down for her kids to wear so I grabbed them and headed out. Another teacher and I drove over before class and saw it. It is soooo sad. Her daughter is in class with James and came on to school. She wanted her to have a somewhat normal day. They already have a house to move into and a couple of the teachers are taking off to clean it. We live in a small community that's pretty tight. Both of them work for the school-she teaches and he's the basketball coach-so they will have lots of support.

Hope you all have a great day today. It's been kind of a down way to start the day, but I won't let it affect my eating. Check in later.
Old 11-06-2002, 09:55 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 285/210/130

Height: 5'1

Zanne

Husbands are strange creatures.
While the might say they are supportive of your weight loss, but the small child that really rules their brain is considering that if you lose weight things will change. And children don't like change.
My husband is the LAST person I would ask to police my eating habits because his motto is "What could it hurt this one time?

Congratulations on avoiding that pitfall and getting to 166!!

Jack-K
Take the Triscuits on the cruise!! I couldn't live without mine. Whenever I'm in a munchie mood I eat Triscuits and Port-wine cheese. Does the trick for me.

Well I'm down another pound this week!
205 this morning.
I cannot wait to be in the 190's. I haven't been under 200 in over 3 years!
Old 11-06-2002, 09:57 AM   #73  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Weigh In Wednesday Morning!

Whoa, is it hot out there again today! Was going to take the day off from my usual walk/jog but decided to just do a walk with my Powerbelt and not over exert myself, took me long today, 1hr 1 min and 17 seconds! Better than nothing though. Looking forward to jogging tomorrow, we're supposed to finally get a bit of cooler weather. Sometimes I don't know whether to believe the weather report or not, seems when they say we're getting cooler weather we don't, or if I blink, I miss it! Today it's suppose to be a record high, may hit 90-doesn't that all out suck!

Sorry about chat last night. I totally forgot that they had said that they were changing to another chat format, which I guess hasn't taken place and the old one is out. There's not even a link to the old chat board any more. I will e-mail SUZANNE and ask her what's going to be with the chat so we know before next week.

ELI and I went to see REAL WOMEN HAVE CURVES I really didn't know what to expect as they had compared it somewhat to GREEK WEDDING. It wasn't funny as GW is, but I think the comparison was with family. It wasn't bad, just different. The mother in the movie, OMG, she reminded me of my Grandmother, commented on EVERYONE'S weight-they must of used my GM as a consulter for the movie!

Today he's off once again, yes, you read it right, two days in a row! We are trying to plan a day with his DD Denise and the two older people that are his customers from the old store, Minnie and Morris. He wants to go to Carrabas for dinner. Not sure how I feel about that today, guess I can see just how strict I can be when I want to! With 2 1/2 weeks of being stellar in my eating, I'm afraid to do anything but stay OP since it's so hard for me to get back on track if I do cheat-guess we'll see, won't we!

Well, WIW isn't good or bad, it's the same as last week, sitting at 126. Since tomorrow is mid-cycle for me, I'm hoping that I'll have a loss afterwards. Who knows, I'm just happy I don't see any gains!

The WEEKEND IN ORLANDO IN JANAURY looks like we'll have a nice crowd coming. I think we have 10-11 positives so far, and I'm hoping that number will grow. Anyone have any good ideas for Friday night-whether you are coming or not, if you have any ideas, please e-mail them to me. I have some but would welcome more!!!

Boy, you gals were sure as heck busy on the board when I was gone yesterday, lots of catching up to do, which I better get going on before I have to get in the shower...

ZANNE, CONGRATS on securing that pound loss! They now say that Halloween is the second biggest holiday in the US-can't imagine that, but that's what "they" say. I too like learning about other cultures/celebrations that happen elsewhere. I have a friend in the UK and she would talk about Boxing Day each year. I never asked her about it, just assumed they were really in to boxing over there and celebrated a day for boxers. Finally, I asked her "what exactly do you do on boxing day?" Well, boy, did I feel stupid AND wrong to find out it had nothing to do with boxing or boxers as I thought it to be, but was a celebration to do with giving! About CHEERIOS, I think it's the whole grain ones they say are okay, but why they are okay, I don't know. I surely won't eat them. Remember, there's quite a few things that are contridictory in the SB book, and I think this may be one of them. BUT, if it's falls under the 3 gram rule, well, then I guess they'd be okay-but I look farther in to things, as the ingredients, and if it has things non-SB LEGAL, then I tend to stay away from it, even if it's okay as far as the sugar goes. I'm sure it won't kill you though if you had some in moderation.

SERENE, glad to see you were down a pound yesterday! CONGRATS! Girl, if anyone can tell you, I can, the water, much as I hate drinking it, DOES make a difference! Try flavoring it if you don't like it as is. How did things go with Joel's surgery yesterday. Sorry, I totally forgot to ask you about it last night.

JACKK, do wish we could meet up but understand you'll be rushing to get on the ship. Suppose to be great weather this weekend. Are you ready? Did you get all the clothes you wanted to buy? I will e-mail you my cell phone number. We are usually up that way on Sunday's anyhow, so who knows!

TRISH, I can understand your DH's apprehension, but as you said, he doesn't understand. I hope you can work on him about coming. I'd be happy to talk to him, really. Maybe you could come a little earlier and stay in Miami with me and go up to Orlando with us. Possibly the fares would be cheaper to Miami? See what you can find going in to either Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, or even Orlando if you just want to come in for the get together. I'm sure at that time of year there has to be something cheap out there. Let me know what you find. We'd love for you to come-it's like seeing old friends even though you've never met before!

DENISE, during these hot times are the times I wish I had a treadmill, or belonged to the gym. I like going outside, even though I have to fear for my life with the drivers down here, not to mention the pollution I breath running on busy roads! I am so impressed with your DM! I would love to meet you both! Maybe she can give me some pointers, as I sure as heck can use some. Only 2 months to go and I haven't done anything close to training for this. I'll probably just "wing it!" You are more than welcome to come join us in the van for the ride to Disney. I'm the furthest south, so it's just ELI and I. Kids are going to be staying home with my Mom, they have school, and I don't take my kids out for anything (both have perfect attendance). I'm just hoping ELI can get the 3 days off, otherwise, it's just me! Yes, you'd need to take Friday off. I plan on leaving quite early so I can get up there early as well. I plan on leaving Orlando on Sunday around 5ish, or thereabouts, so I can get home at a decent time. Anyhow, I do have your number and will give you a call this week sometime to say "HI" and to discuss the trip, among other things. You are right on with your story about being six again, MEN DON'T LISTEN!!!!!

SEF, at least I don't feel all alone with my computer problems! Hope yours are easier to fix than mine. What's up with all that bad weather you're getting? Hope it lightens up for you!

TRANQUIL, that's great that you are down to 241, before you know it you'll be in the 130's! I'm STILL waiting for that e-mail with fish-boys picture so I can check him out!!!

HEART hope today is better for you! Just pick yourself up, dust yourself off and try to stay focued. You can do it! Take each day an hour at a time.

BOB, how did things go at WW last night? ELI wants to know how many of the canisters you want. Will have to call you so we can get plans for the RIU started and you can call your boyfriend Johnny.

MONET, glad the Dr. saw you were getting better and is still keeping an eye out for you. Do what he says and don't over do things. Just keep in mind you want to be up to par for the Orlando trip!!!

GATOR, thanks for posting that article, it was very good and solidifies yet another reason to stay away from sugar. Thanks for the offer for the get together on Saturday, but I think we'd probably take advantage of a late breakfast at the hotel since it's so good (and FREE) and then do dinner-maybe a snack along the way. Just an idea, nothing for sure-but will let you and the others know, as well as decide. I'm hoping to find something that we can all do and enjoy Saturday afternoon. If you have any ideas, would you e-mail me? I loved the boat trip last time. I e-mailed SOLSHINE to ask her if she had any ideas-hope to hear from her.

MEL, sorry you won't be coming to DW in Jan-we'll miss you. Glad to see your post-hop on the board a bit more, we miss not seeing you around like we use to!

GRACIOUS, I'm impressed! All your shopping done-you are my idol!

MUSIC, CONGRATS on keeping that 1/2lb off! Sorry to hear about your friends house, how terrible. Do they know what caused it? At least no one was hurt, that's the most important thing.

CHERYL, CONGRATS on this weeks great loss! Can't you just taste teh 190's! I'll be doing that happy dance with you when you hit 199! It's just around the corner. Keep up the great work!

Okay, I'm outta here for now. I'll try to check in tonight after AMAZING RACE if the computer is free.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
194/126/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 11-06-2002, 10:28 AM   #74  

Default Happy WIW

I did not get the chance to weigh in this morning - it was crazy - my ds decided last minute he needed me to drive him because he heard the news the weather was bad and we were having tornado watches - well the weather is fine - a little gloomy, but fine....but he is a worry wart - also TOM made an unexpected appearance this morning - just finished and here he is knocking on my door again!

Deb - Glad to have had the chance to chat with you last night, missed everyone else!

JackK - Got to try the crab legs!!!!! Never know you might get hooked on them and never want to leave the buffets when you see them - just kidding! You have a wonderful time!!!!!!

Music - that is so horrible to hear that your friend's house burned down- hope nobody was hurt! Glad that your weigh in was good too.

Gracious - Incredible that you got all your Christmas shopping finished!!! Power to YOU!!!!!!

Zanne - Congrats on your good weigh in too!!!!!!

Sef - I am glad your soup turned out good, and your weather brightened up some - the gloomies came my way! But I made the apples again - this time I cooked them with agave, cinnamon and vanilla - out of this world!!!

Mel - Glad to hear from you - and that you are sticking to the sf woe! Sorry that you hurt your knee!!!!

Well better get back to work!

Sabrina
272/241/157
Old 11-06-2002, 10:35 AM   #75  
Little Engine That Could

Mel !!! Welcome back. Wow, it looks like you are a babe with only 17% BF. Hope the knee gets better all by itself. I remember the clicking. I had knee problems. I used to run a lot and also played tennis. Several times a week and ran every night. Had knee surgery for a torn miniscus. Take care of yourself and don’t overdo on the knee.

Jack-K I was right next to an AAMCO when I realized that the weird noise was my flat tire. So I pulled in there and they changed it for me. Thank goodness. Road service usually takes 2 hours for them to arrive. I then had to go to the tire store for them to repair the flat, but they ended up giving me a new tire for a prorated amount. Never could find out what caused the flat.
BTW, have a great cruise.

Here’s what Suzanne e-mailed me about chat:

Our chat subscription has ended. I wasn't sure which day it would end, so I
left the link up. I'll remove it now. We were not able to renew our
DigiChat subscription due to the expense. We are going to offer another
chat product in the near future, but it will be a very basic chat.
I'm sorry for the trouble,
Suzanne

Hopefully we will have it by next week. Deb--I can get into IM chat rooms, but am not an AOL customer. How do we access your chat room?
Closed Thread