3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Sugar Shakers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers-62/)
-   -   Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 11/4-11/10 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers/21613-sugar-busters-weekly-support-board-11-4-11-10-a.html)

LKF 11-05-2002 03:51 PM

Good for you, heartmom! You are "fessin' up" to your mistakes, recognizing them, and committing to us as your support that you will return to being legal and weigh tomorrow, no matter what! That's what we all need to do -- stay committed even when we screw up...admit it, get back, and get on with it! I'm proud of you!

Trishaloo 11-05-2002 03:53 PM

BOB - I just realized that Tennessee is playing Miami this week. Miami is down to #3 in the BCS and Texas is at #4. Go Vols!!!

Rosalie 11-05-2002 04:00 PM

Jack-K - Thanks for that site for the BMI. It gave me a figure of 32 which is better than my ds's scale which made me 41, and better even than the site I checked yesterday which gave me a figure of 38. I'm getting leaner all the time!!!!!!!!!! It certainly makes me feel better to see that figure coming down. Enjoy your holiday.

Marie.
Another brussels sprout lover - having them for dinner tonight with spareribs. Yum, Yum.

Zanne 11-05-2002 04:15 PM

A different snack

Well, I did it! I made myself an alternate snack. I love salty snacks and was getting bored of the oat bran stix alone. So I mixed up a SB legal (at least I hope it is) cereal snack. Cheerios, Spoon sized Shredded Wheat and Bran, brown rice crackers, almonds and some oat bran stix. Poured the CHEX mix "sauce" over them and they're in the oven drying out now. I think this will be good. I'll feel good about giving it to DS as a snack too (instead of chips). Unfortunately I can't give it to him for school cause of the almonds (the school is "nut free" cause of allergies).

HEARTMOM--The past is in the past and it sounds like you got right back on track! We all slip up once in a while.

Solly 11-05-2002 04:41 PM

Just checking in:D :smug:

Getting ready to head home to fix some parmesan chicken. I'm taking some ww breadsticks (the cracker kind), crunching them up and mixing with parm cheese and baking. Something different anyway. Add some veggies and Viola!

Hope to make it to chat tonite if DD isn't on the computer.

Trish, Had to laugh about your DH idea of our little group. My DD has the same idea. She is always saying she can't believe I go into a chat room and that SB people actually call on the phone. She keeps saying these are people on the internet, you don't know who you are really talking too. They just don't understand. Plus I don't think imposters would go through all this dieting and other stuff too. Make some good choices for lunch.

Denise, Glad you are feeling better today. I guess each day it will get better. I have to get down to 145 before the bmi comes up normal.

Bob, The 1.5 gain is probabl because Italian food is so heavy. Give it a day or two and it will be back to normal.

Sef, my friend made turkey soup with ww noodles and you couldn't tell the difference. It was delish!

Tranquil, I just baked an apple for lunch. I little cinnamon, splenda and a dab of water. Yum. I'm so glad Serene has been keeping you legal. Yeah on 241 :dance: Keep up the good work. Hope to see you at chat tonite.

LKF, I don't kknow about the Cheerios, I think they are in the book or someone has said it before. I usually just eat oatmeal, don't like any of the others.

Heartmom, Shake yourself off and start over. That alcohol can be the :devil: Believe me I know. I was up 2 lbs b/c of it.

Rosalie, glad that site gave you a better BMI. I still have to get to goal to be normal.

Zanne, I always get eaxcited when I make a SB recipe that turns out good. It really makes you feel less deprived. May saying is "Where's there a will, there's a SB way!"

Good luck on the scale tomorrow everyone!:)

Jackie

LKF 11-05-2002 04:43 PM

I will be away for few days -- having to stay home for some work being done there. I'll be back in the office Monday of next week and will miss all of you. Y'all be good and I'll check in with everyone (except you, Jack-K!) Monday.

Jack-K, have a WONDERFUL vacation and enjoy every minute, savoring it so you will always remember every detail!

See everyone else next week!

Solly 11-05-2002 04:52 PM

LKF, Have fun at home. I will miss you too. I don't know how I'm going to make it all week without this board.

Jackie

LKF 11-05-2002 04:55 PM

Jack-K, you'll do great! You are one very determined woman who has shown us all how to do it! We'll look for you to return and tell us all about it! Have a ball!

THE BIG ORANGE BABE 11-05-2002 06:04 PM

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

BOB just got home from PLANTING A TREE ALSO....LET'S SEE...I BELIEVE IT'S FROM THE MCBRIDE VARIETY!!! ;) Hope it grows!

JACKIE!!!!! Your boat will be in port the last morning before 7a.m.
Your meeting up with Debbie will depend on the plane departure.
Usually anywhere from 11a.m. on! When I lived in KY, the cruises that I went on, we had a really laid back breakfast, then took our time getting off the boat. No use in sitting in the airport all that time. If you can meet her...DO IT!!! You won't be sorry....Maybe she'll bring SASQUATCH with her :lol:
Are you going to ST THOMAS??? If so...save all your money to use there...It's the most WONDERFUL PLACE ON EARTH TO SHOP..
there is a mall at the port, but go into town...no matter where you go, if you buy perfume, make sure it's scents that are made out of the country (USA)...that's where the bargains are...Go to BOLERO if you're in the market for Llardro...J H REISS for EVERYTHING...I love that store..pick up some ORBIT watches..they are a steal for around $10 and last for years!
check the side streets for linens...main street for gold...such a bargain...I bought some emeralds at COLUMBAIN...two rings and some ear-rings...
DON'T LISTEN TO THE CRUISE DIRECTOR ON WHERE TO SHOP...THEY GET A CUT OF THE MONEY SPENT IN THOSE STORES... If your boat will let you buy liquor on the boat and take it to your room, that will be cheaper than buying in the bars...You'll be signing for everything and believe me, when that bill is slipped under your door on the last morning, it will wake you up in a hurry :fr: Let me know where you're going...I don't know anything about the eastern side, but I'm a pro cruiser on the western side...!!!!

TRISH...I need all the help I can muster for Saturdays game! If the VOLS play like they did last week, they just might do it!

MONET....let us know what the DR said..glad you continue to improve!

I got to WEIGHT WATCHER'S, but I don't use the point system or their plan...I only go because I have to get on the scales in front of someone..It's definately dooable though.. ;)

Hope I can get to chat...I'll talk to everyone later...

SWOLLED UP BOB!!

Toni48 11-05-2002 06:06 PM

Well crap is all I have to say about the big long post I had. Sorry but I just can't write it all again.. Boy that makes me soooooo mad. Anyway hope you all had a great day.......

213/162/130

cherylco 11-05-2002 06:56 PM

heartmom
I've been eyeballing non-legal foods myself. Some Halloween candy, non-legal hard roll with my sandwich. I'm trying to figure out what is going on with me and all I can come up with is the weather is changing? LOL
I think it's mostly because I'm not planning ahead and I'm running here and there with the kids so I'm to rushed and tired to plan. I need to get back to eating more fruits and veggies, less carb!

Add Another brussels sprout lover to the list ya'll!!

Tranquil 11-05-2002 07:15 PM

Tuesday Night

For dinner I took a can of Goya Black Bean soup and cooked it with chopped up Louis Rich Turkey Sausage - and shared it with my son. So, nice protein and healthy dinner.....

Our weather is so muggy - though it will cool off some again.

Jack K - Thanks for the little happy dance. I was stunned by the scale, could not believe it, but it has been sticking to the weight so I have to believe it :) You get to eat all that wonderful seafood - well I would on a cruise - all the crab legs and shrimp I could fit into my tummy! hahaha

Toni - Sorry you lost your post!!!!

Bob - See ya on chat you Democrat you!!!!!

LKF - Thanks for being so upbeat and positive - such a good support! :) How are you doing on this woe now? I have missed a lot in the past few weeks....

Well I have to get going so I can get things done before time to chat. Have to clean kitchen and some other things...yuchy poohey! Meanwhile, Serene is my new doggie caregiver, so because we were both so busy late this afternoon she has my hound sleeping over her place! What a friend!!! Though I will miss my hound tonight - she is my baby girl!

Sabrina

Ellen 11-05-2002 07:20 PM

Good evening everyone!

I had my doctors appointment. He looked at my throat and said it looks much better. I already knew that! ;) He checked my spleen and did not feel like it was enlarged, tho it has ached all afternoon since then. He was unrelenting about the six weeks, said he wants to see me again in two weeks. He was concerned because my glands are still very swollen. So, I just continue on with what I have been doing. I am expecting to feel worse tomorrow, because I went out to the doctor, then to vote. It is rainy and cold, not a good day to be out when sick. I did come home and crawl right in bed and nap and read.

My daughter is fixing spaghetti for dinner. Yum!

Thanks for the ideas of easy meals. I will pass them on to the two cooks.

I am hoping to make it to chat tonight.....so later!

GatorGal 11-05-2002 07:47 PM

This is one day late for MMonday, but hopefully it will do for Tuesday Tips.
An article in the Fall 2002 issue of Eating Well magazine is all about sugar, and possible addition to that drug. Here is an excerpt from the 8 page article.
Late one night in 1999 in a research lab on the campus of Princeton University, a student saw something that casts a new light on sugar cravings.

Neuroscientist Bart Hoebel had been studying animals under the influence for years. For a month, the psychology professor and his research team fed rats a regular chow and a sugar solution, comparable to the sweetness of fruit canned in heavy syrup. As the researchers expected, the rats preferred the sugar water to the regular chow. But when a drug was used to block the effects of the sugar in the rats’ brains, the results astounded the researchers.

Carlo Colantuoni, now at Johns Hopkins University, but then an udergruduate working with the team, routinely entered the animal lab late in the evening to feed the rats or study their behavior. On each visit, his arrival elicited a response like a jingling Pavlovian bell. “They would hear me open the door and immediately get excited. Some were so excited that they would rip apart the sipper bottles filled with a 25% glucose solution.” After a month, the rats predictably went into a feeding frenzy when the sugar solution was refilled, consuming twince the amount they had at the beginning of the test.

On this particular night, Colantuoni and another student had arraived to observe the rats’ reactions after the drug had been administered to block the effects of sugar in their brains. Conantuoni found the rats in an unusually agitated state, with their heads shaking, their teeth chattering and their forepaws quivering with tremors, in essence showing the telltale signs of withdrawal. Hoebel and his group had seen similar reactions in rats addictred to morphine and cocaine, but it was an unexpected moment in their experiments with sugar.

For close to 25 years, researchers have known that the human attraction to sugar and addiction to drugs occur in the same pathways of the brain. But the Princeton research now suggests that our attraction to sweeteners may have the potential to extend beyond a simple yearning into the realm of chelmical dependence. As sugar consumption rises at an alarming rate, wreaking havoc with the nation’s health, the question of culpability looms. Does overeating sugar constitute a mere failure of willpower or can sugar’s sweet lure actually “hook” us?

Sorry I'm so late getting on the board this week. I have been absolutely snowed under with stuff. Even tody I didn't get home until 4:30, just dead tired. I had a flat tire right in the middle of traffic on a very busy street and so was running over an hour late all day because of that.

Denise--Welcome to the SB board. Hope you enjoy all the help and encouragement you will find here.

Debbie and all those coming to Orlando--You may already have plans for Saturday, but if you are interested I'd be very happy to host lunch here at my home right off I-4 and not far from Winter Park. Deb, you and BOB know where I live.

I agree with Deb and the other FLA gals, it is still H-O-T here. It was up to 90 today and we have just closed all our windows and turned the AC back on. I think it is the humidity that is making it seem so hot. My DH and I just got back from a walk around the neighborhood (1.5 miles) and it was muggy out there.

Fillise--I'll be thinking about you and the Tigers in 1.5 weeks. Hope you have a good day that Saturday. :)

Monet--Get well! I had mono years ago and remember that sore throat.

Well, I'm gonna close and go back and read all the posts.

GatorGal 11-05-2002 08:01 PM

Denise--Have you registered? If not, that might be why you can't get into chat. Also, it seems to work better on Internet Explorer than on Netscape. I have both browsers and IE is what I have to use when I go to chat.

BOB--Go vols! Hope they do great against the Canes.