View Poll Results: As an adult are/were you originally considered to be a:
Blond 8 28.57%
Brunette 15 53.57%
Redhead 5 17.86%
Black haired 0 0%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2002, 01:06 PM   #76  

Oh my goodness, it hasn't frozen yet!!!! I thought I would give it another try because I just emailed MONET again and wanted to see an update on her health.

I am doing great! I am at 164 and my signature is still true. Thrills my soul but I can't wait to get it lower. I am still doing crazy things to lose but I finally finished Michal Montignac's *Eat Yourself Slim* book last night. It is more detailed but has its own confusing parts, at least to me. However, that is the road I will take once I am at goal. He seems to be a bit more into food combinations that SB suggests so that is part of what I have to figure out.

MONET- I am praying for you and your daughter.

DEBELLI-Congrats on getting back to your goal weight...under it, that is!

FRUIT- I want a boob job too!! Along with a tummy tuck and my thighs liposuctioned. No odds of that happening so it is a good thing that I am not a nudist!

JACK-K- Don't get down in the dumps, you are doing awesome. Remember that our bodies sometimes need to *pause* even during weight loss to readjust, then things will get moving again soon.

TONI- You are at 163, that is marvelous. I want to get to 159 sometime in November.

I dare not look back to see other posts or it will die. It seems things are better when those crazy ads aren't trying to take over my screen.

Thanks for missing me and I will try to check back in on occasion.
Old 10-24-2002, 01:13 PM   #77  
LKF

O.K., gracious! You are the very one I want to talk to with my question about Montignac's book -- did you read the part about him recommending that we only eat our starchy carb(s) at breakfast? Are you doing that?
Old 10-24-2002, 01:43 PM   #78  

Default It's raining here!!!

I can't believe it's still raining and they're saying probably all the way through the week-end. There's a cold front, a hurricane in the Pacific about to move into Mexico, and some other kind of disturbance that has all just settled over Central Texas.

I went to Curves for Women last night. Ok, I think I finally found some kind of exercise that I can live with. It's the coolest thing, there are 6 strength machines that work different parts of the body and between each one a cardio station. You do each station for 30 seconds to music and switch to the next. You do the whole thing 3 times, 30 minutes in all. It's about $30 or $40 bucks a month depending on whether or not you sign a contract and bank draft or just go month to month. They also weigh, measure and do body fat % once a month also and track your progress. I hope it doesn't get boring. They recommend that you go 3 times a week and then just do some type of cardio the other days.

Anyway, gotta run, just want to tell you guys about this.

See ya,
Trish
Old 10-24-2002, 02:04 PM   #79  

Default Happy Afternoon

Went to lunch at Woody's BBQ where I had a bbq salad, met Serene there with some other friends too. We had a nice outing. I have to NOT get into the habit of this expensive lunching out every day! hahaha

Deb - I have everything crossed for you for your interview! Congrats on the weight down - that is terrific, I know that must make you feel even better going in for this interview.....

Gracious - Glad to see you on the board again! Sorry that the pop ups make your life miserable when trying to post! I have not seen very many lately. Hope you can keep on posting!!!!

Trish - that is great that you have a curves to join. I have heard a lot of positive things about it, and if it works for you - that is even better! keep us posted on if you end up going to it!!!

LKF - I am going to have to find that book myself and read it now - you have my curiosity going...

ldblond - I am glad to hear your hand is better! I would be miserable with something keeping me from posting or doing my work on the computer - actually I would be totally psycho - so glad you are better! and, I hope it remains improving!

BOB- That is funny!!!!!!!
How is your mom?

better get a goin' already have been caught writing this and got a funny look!

Sabrina
Old 10-24-2002, 02:20 PM   #80  
LKF

Tranquil, I bought it from Amazon. Scanning the titles of the chapters, I think it will really hold my interest. If you get it, let me know and when you get to the part (soon after his chapter begins on weight loss) where he says to only eat your starchy carbs for breakfast, let me know what you think. I know a number have already read this book and I'm hoping they can shed some light on it for me. I don't think I could survive all day long if I didn't have a starch to look forward to with my dinner.
Old 10-24-2002, 03:38 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy Thursday

I'm going to try this again, I had a nice post and lost it. They shut the system down this morning to work on the DSL line and I thought things were ok, obviously not.

TOM is still not shown up. I am really PMSing. Funny, I always said I never had PMS. But I am really aggitated and I feel like I am going to jump out of my skin. One one the girls here said it was a good thing I didn't have a gun. SHe said if TOM doesn't come soon, I may kill someone. Dr. called me today to come in for appt so I asked him about it and he said some women don't have periods on this type of pill. Lucky me. I just don't want to have one on the cruise. I shouldn't being on the pill.

Fruit, Now you will just have more incentive to get your body as good lokking as your boobs. If you get these don now and you lose a bunch of weight, will they change or are the kind that stays the same? Just make up your mind not to stop and you won't have to start over and over.

Tranquil, thanks for the update on Serene. My she is busy. SHe had better buy a belt to keep up her pants. How do you have a bbq salad. Isn't there sugar in the bbq sauce?

Serene, Hope you are feeling better. Tooth and all. How do you get fluid in your tubes?

Deb, I'm doing the with you. That is wonderful. I knew you would get there. Didn't take long either. You are the bomb! Keeping my fingers crossed for the interview though I doubt that you will need it, they will probably offer you the job on the spot.

LKF, I have not read his book, but I have heard many people say that eating starches early in the day is better than at night. I try to do this, but I do like a sandwich at lunch and sometimes I have spaghetti at dinner, but only occasionaly.

Bob, too cute. I know of few of those people.

Gracious, Glad to hear from you. WTG on maintaining that 164.

Trish, the Body Curves sounds fun. Hope you like it.

IDblond, glad your left hand is feeling better. Wish your right one would respond. Take care of your self Liked the attitude thing today. I needed it, I am doing some serious PMSing and my attitude sucks. Thanks.

Gotta run get some work done.

Love ya!

Jackie
257/165/145
10-10-01
Old 10-24-2002, 04:00 PM   #82  

Hi, thought I'd check in before everyone thinks I've flown the SB coop. My weight is still holding at 210, so guess it is better than having a gain. I'm pretty much staying OP, just feeling rather blah and blue. Maybe it is due to the upcoming holidays and my inevitable divorce, don't really know. I've been reading the board, but just haven't had the mental energy to do much posting. Hope ya'll understand. I have an appointment with my internal medicine doctor next week and think I need an adjustment with my meds. I've been seeing a professional shrink that I feel like has me on stuff that doesn't work and isn't willing to change it. I hope I don't sound too selfish by not posting to anyone individually. I do think of you all and miss the interaction of the board. At least I know you can keep up with me through Tranquil, so there isn't much more I can tell ya'll, except hopefully I will be back soon.

Take care,
Wendy
Old 10-24-2002, 04:14 PM   #83  

Good afternoon everyone. I've been having the most computer problems! I'm back on our laptop. I went out to Mexican food yesterday on a wal-mart shopping trip with my sis and niece. I ordered the beef fajtas and didn't eat the tortillas. It was great. I got the meat and vegetables and condiments. Thanks for the idea who ever mentioned it. My niece called this morning and said she was sorry she ate the enchiladas and didn't have the same thing I did.

Fruit- I missed your post so don't know whats going on with you.... But I know I sure would like a boob reduction and would have it done if I had the money or insurance... Hope it works out for you....

Tranquil- Congrads on losing.... Doesn't it feel great!!! Yum your lunch sounds good.

Debilli- Yea ha congradulations on being under your goal weight. What a good feeling that has to be... I lost a baby tooth in my upper front and am having a partial done for it. Wow an implant would be great but 3000. wooooooooo. Good luck and thoughts on your interview.

LKF-Yikes I usually eat my starch either at breakfast or for my lunch. I'll have to pay more attention to that.

Idblond-Thanks for the motivational on ageing...

gracious- keep up the good work..Think I need to reread Michael's book again.

Trishaloo-Wish I had one of those places near me. I think this would be a great place to go to.

Jack-K- Sounds like you're having a rough day.. Hope it gets better... How long to your cruise????

Bob- Hey gal how ya doing this week?

Guess I'll go try and figure what I'm cooking for dinner. Theres still a big pot of chicken and noodles in my fridge I made for my company thats left but I can't have it because of the noodles. Think this is the last night I can pass it on to my DH.

213/163/130
Old 10-24-2002, 04:16 PM   #84  
LKF

Jack-K, you just told me why you have been so anxious about your weight loss! It's that darn hormone thing! Nothing will affect attitude more than that. I'm relieved -- yesterday, you just didn't sound like yourself. Thanks for setting me straight with your last post -- it's all clear to me now! Bless your heart, hang in there -- you'll be O.K. in a few days. I, too, hope it doesn't show up during your cruise...what a pain that would be!!!

Serene, it was so good to hear from you. I didn't know what had happened to you and I sure didn't know a divorce was coming into your life. I am so sorry. I just can't understand why so much of that happens...I certainly can understand why you are blue. It scared me when you said you had been seeing a professional shrink -- those people scare me. They can prescribe stuff that can do you more harm than good. I have a dear friend whose mood swings are incredible because of some of the stuff his psychiatrist has him on -- it has changed his entire personality. Please take care of yourself and feel our love as you go through such a rough time. We are your friends, here to support you in more ways than SB support.
Old 10-24-2002, 04:16 PM   #85  

Jackie, I just saw your question about how you get fluid in the tubes. This is how my doctor explained it: I only have one tube and 1/4 of an ovary, due to previous surgery for cysts. I had my one tube tied after my last child was born 14 years ago, so part of it is supposed to be blocked. Even though I've had a tubal, it still secretes necessary fluid. Well, the other end of the tube has become blocked, so the fluid is still secreting, with no place to go, causing pressure to build in it, thus causing lots of pain. It has been hurting for well over a month now. My doctor say this problem usally corrects itself, or it doesn't. She wanted me to wait another month to see if it does. I will have an ultrasound in November to find out. If it is still blocked, the tube will be removed. My doctor is very cautious and conservative on doing surgery because I have a lot of scar tissue from an extensive sugical history. I apologize for taking up space to explain this, but wanted to answer your question.

Wendy
Old 10-24-2002, 04:25 PM   #86  

Typhoid Monet checking in...well, ok, Strep, not Typhoid, but it just didn't sound as amusing....

Had a lousy night. I slept a couple hours on the sofa propped up on pillows, and bits and pieces of hours in bed, but nothing refreshing. I think I have a bit of sleep apnea as it is, but the swollen glands and tonsils are making it almost unbearable. I can't breathe! The soreness of my throat is a bit improved, but it seems to be two steps forward, one step back.

I am sure everyone is sick of my whining..so I will sign off, and go take a nap, if I can!

Be good everyone!

Last edited by Ellen; 10-24-2002 at 11:54 PM.
Old 10-24-2002, 04:27 PM   #87  
LKF

Poor Monet...it's O.K. to whine to us. We're your friends and we care about your poor throat. Can't wait until you are all well again.
Old 10-24-2002, 04:46 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Just a quickie, before I go home,

Wendy, I can understand why you are down. Hopefully you can get your meds adjustd and that will help. We do miss hearing from you though. Sometimes a good shoulder for listening will help and we are here for you. I know Tranquil helps a lot. Good luck.

Monet, don't worry about whining. We are conerned about how you are feeling. Take a nap and feel better soon.

Toni, WTG on the fajitas. I did that the other nite. Pretty good. My cruise is 16 days away. Can't wait.

Have a great nite.

Jackie.
Old 10-24-2002, 04:57 PM   #89  

Default Howdy ALL!!!

JackK - The bbq salad is lettuce, tomatoes, onion, egg, cheese, cucumber, topped with smoked turkey breast (no sauce ) and it is delicious! The bbq places here are different than elsewhere, they don't put the sauce on the meat, the sauce is on the side for you to put on - and you always get a choice of mustard based or tomato based. You need to come down here sometime and try it But, don't worry - I am legal still -

Serene - Glad to see ya got your hiney back on the board!

Monet - I am sorry you are so sick with the crud in your throat - I feel for you!!!!! :

Toni - Hey that is a yummy sounding Mexican meal and so cool that you were able to eat so smartly and healthy!!!!

LKF - I am going to get the book and find out asap!!!!!

Time to go home and tonight's Survivor Night and CSI - Serene is supposed to come over - I am heating up my meatballs and finish them off.

Night night all!!! Sabrina
Old 10-24-2002, 05:00 PM   #90  
LKF

Thanks, Sabrina, for helping me find out the answer to the starchy carbs question. I've been losing O.K. but wondered if any of y'all followed his rule.
Closed Thread