Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Have you had the good fortune to (you can choose more than 1 answer, if it applies)
Met at least one person from this board (past or present members) 5 14.71%
Met more than one person but less than 5 people (past or present) 4 11.76%
Met more than 5 people but less than 10 people (past or present) 4 11.76%
Met more than 10 people (past or present) 2 5.88%
Talk to at least one or more people on the phone somewhat regularly (past or present) 6 17.65%
E-mail at least one or more people on a regular one-to-one basis (past or present) 8 23.53%
Haven't met anyone yet, but I hope to one day soon 10 29.41%
Haven't spoken on the phone to anyone yet, but hope to one day soon! 5 14.71%
Haven't e-mailed anyone regularly yet, but hope to done day soon! 2 5.88%
Just joining the board, so give me time!!! 5 14.71%
Have no interest in meeting, talking or e-mailing, just being on the board is enough for me. 3 8.82%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2002, 06:09 AM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Post Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 9/9-9/15

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-THURSDAY RECIPE DAY
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=19890

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Old 09-09-2002, 06:16 AM   #2  

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Will post my usual morning post sometime later, but wanted to make sure I got our
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM, there are three that I thought were very worthy to be posted today, and I hope you can read them and read between the lines to the messages they convey-Ralph Mariston sure does have a way with words!!!!

WHAT IS BEST

Sure, it's a lot easier to think you've already missed the big opportunity than it is to make that opportunity work for you. And it's easier to assume you've done all you can than it is to put in just a little more effort to make absolutely sure.

It's much easier to tell yourself that you know all the answers than it is to go through the effort of learning something new. And it's much easier to talk about doing something than it is to actually get busy and do it.

But the easy way is not usually the best way. The best way is to do what you know is right. Do you know what is right? Of course you do.

You know that opportunity is always there for those who are willing to put in the work that it requires. You know that often your extra efforts can make the difference between spectacular success and mediocrity.

You know that the smartest people are those who have the courage to admit what they don't know. And you know that it takes more than just talk to make things happen.

You've seen how life works, and you've seen what makes the difference between success and failure. Keep that in mind when making your own choices, every moment, every day. Enjoy the benefits that come from choosing what is right and what is best.

-- Ralph Marston

-------------------

IT IS YOURS

Go ahead and think of the most wonderful thing you can visualize, the most fulfilling achievement you can imagine. Whatever it is, you can begin to truly enjoy and benefit from it this very moment, or any time you are ready to do so.

Because no matter what it is, its real value will come from the effort and commitment you put into achieving it. And no matter how ambitious it may be, or how distant its accomplishment may seem, you can begin to put effort into it right now.

What is it you truly desire? The instant you begin working your way there, the best of your desire, the true value of it, the authentic experience of it, begins to be yours. The real value of any achievement is not in the attainment, but in the attaining. Because whatever you do to arrive at that achievement, is what creates the value it holds for you.

Whatever you sincerely desire begins to be yours the moment you begin to reach for it. The value starts to build and accumulate as soon as you make the commitment and begin the process to get it done.

-- Ralph Marston
-------------------

ENTHUSIASTICALLY FORWARD

You can persist through every discouragement and when you do, anything is within your reach. In fact, the more discouragement you move beyond, the more valuable and magnificent will be the things you accomplish.
Certainly there are plenty of things which can frustrate and discourage you, but that doesn't mean you have to be frustrated or discouraged. You have a much better, much more effective, much more positive and fulfilling path that's yours to follow.

You can choose to persist, to rise above the challenges, no matter how difficult and complicated they may be. You can choose to keep moving enthusiastically ahead, and refuse to let anything discourage you.

Those things which might otherwise discourage you will positively energize and revitalize you when you're committed to reaching the goal. Those things which might otherwise be reasons to give up will instead compel you to move forward when the results you seek are meaningful enough.

Give no time or energy to being discouraged. It feels lousy and it does not get you anywhere. Instead, stand up tall, put a smile on your face and a spring in your step. Persist in doing what you know is right, what you know will make a positive difference for yourself and your world, and thrill to how absolutely great it can be.

-- Ralph Marston

Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/12?/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 09-09-2002, 06:19 AM   #3  

JRED

Old 09-09-2002, 07:07 AM   #4  
"I'm working on it!"

Wink Just a Quickie

Good Morning!

I hope everyone had a good weekend.

I'm just popping in to send good wishes to the birthday girls.

MELF and MELIRIS--Happy Belated Birthday! I hope you both had a great day!

JRED--Happy birthday to you today! I wish you a wonderful day!

I'll check back in when I have a bit more time. Gotta start getting DS up and ready for school.

Old 09-09-2002, 07:32 AM   #5  

Default Monday

My computer won't let me look at last weeks posts, it keeps freezing. This thing is cursed! Oh well, at least I am able to post here....another shorty before it freezes again.

JRED-HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! Hope you have a good one, remember to stay legal. Whatever you *want* to eat is not worth the set back...I know because I am still working on my vacation pounds!

DEBYJ-Hop right back on the wagon girl. You have to be determined or you will always find an excuse to eat illegal things. Over the summer, I became an expert at finding reasons why I should eat illegal stuff and now I am paying for it by re-losing the same pounds I had already lost before the summer!

MONET- Today I start the homeschooling with my youngest. It should be interesting, but considering he doesn't even turn 4 until the end of October, I think I can handle the alphabet and numbers for awhile! I will start with this A Beka book and go from there. I am not financially able to order any new curriculum right now but I am researching where I might go from here. How is your back doing??

I am posting before it freezes...better a few short ones than none!
Old 09-09-2002, 07:58 AM   #6  

Happy Birthday, JRed! Here is my little wizard friend, with a birthday surprise for you!

Oh, no! He's done it again! Hope your birthday is happy anyway!

And I missed Mel and Melf birthdays last week! Hope you both had a great day!

I am so glad it is Monday so I can recover from the weekend! I barely got a minutes peace all weekend. In fact, I think I will go back to bed this morning! I wanted to try and catch up with what I missed end of last week, and felt overwhelmed!

GRACIOUS: I can relate to the desire not to purchase more curriculum if you can avoid it. At just four, you don't need stuff. Project oriented learning, like the measuring cup play, and helping to bake cookies, etc, will teach him more than a book will. And just plain old letters and numbers is a great foundation. Most children are not ready for formal learning until about 7. Studies have shown children who are taught nothing until 10 will catch up with their age mates in a matter of months! Have fun with him!

Later .....
Old 09-09-2002, 08:52 AM   #7  

Once again, GOOD MORNING!

Just got in from my walk/jog. Of course, I didn't feel like going today, still not 100% over whatever it is I have and even though I was asleep before 10pm last night I woke up feeling tired and drained. But, I pushed myself out and was quite surprised that I was able to do my 4.5 miles in 51:54. Now I feel like I'm starting off my week on a good note, or should I say foot!

FRUIT, too bad you couldn't of met up with MELF Sounds like you are going to be one busy gal with doing another job. Good luck with that. Check in and let us know what's happening to you, don't venture too far away and not touch base with us!!!!

JACKK, wow, a size 10 dress, that's going to be awesome! Celery sounds like a pretty color. Hoping they'll have a good sale on it for you. Do you have GROUP USA anywhere around you? They are in some of the outlet malls and they have some of the most beautiful dresses (bridal/prom/MOTB, etc) and very inexpensive, at least I think so. And remember, do check out Penney's. I know you will find a perfect dress at a great price. At least you aren't leaving it til the last minute, something I'm notorious for doing! Your ribs sounds delicious! What bbq sauce recipe did you use/make? I agree, I wouldn't waste the agave in sweetening tea, it's too valuable to me and I like taste of stevia to sweeten my drinks anyhow. Cactus pears a/k/a prickly pears aren't anything like a regular pear. They are from an actual cactus. Check out this site: http://www.londonfruit.com/cactuspears.html so you can see what they are. We got the red ones, actually, they are a gorgeous fuchsia once you cut into them.

MELF, I will try to do so when I get a little time. I'd love to archive the pictures of the people we can on the board! I thought about this weeks poll last week and when you mentioned meeting 7 people so far from the board this morning I knew I picked a good poll to post this week I totally agree with having the wonderful experience of being able to meet others from the board!

LDBLOND, it's so easy for so many to give up totally and never return to this WOE when the going gets tough, but you have shown this is not the case with you. You come back with the knowledge that this WOE and the board are vital to you and your health. There are some things you cannot control but there are others you can and feeling better with eating OP and with the support of all of us on the board, you are going to feel better in the long run. I'm so happy you're back with us, and remember, should you stray ever again, as always, you'll be welcome back at any time, but I hope you'll just stick around for a really longggg time

MEL, glad to see your post-wondering what you were up to! Glad you had a nice bday. Was the bracelet you bought a present to yourself, or did DH tell you to go buy whatever you want and make it from him?

DEBY, I see you really enjoyed yourself yesterday!!! (said sarcastically, of course). It's okay if you are one of the few who do this once in a blue moon and can get right back on track. Unfortunately, I'm not one of those and when I cheat, I have a hard time getting back on track, something I need to try and work on. You do know that you CAN have alternatives at hand for days like this, and with football just starting you may want to make sure to plan ahead. Instead of the chips, why not use ww pita chips instead? Ice cream is okay if you can stop at a half cup (for me, it's a half gallon) and you CAN make some legal brownies (but I'd eat the whole pan). If I was there, I'd be giving you the "EYE", ask BOB, she'll explain! LOL!! You just want to make sure that this happens only once in a blue moon otherwise your body willl never be able to detox from the sugar, thus the cravings that come along with it.

JRED, I hope you have a wonderful birthday today!!! Let us know how you celebrate.

Okay, I'm outta here for today!

Have a good week everyone!

Debbie
194/1??/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 09-09-2002, 09:43 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy Monday Gang!

It's going to be 96 here today. It was not too bad this a.m., it was 72 so my walk/job wasn't too bad.

I forgot to tell you all that I had this snack at the party the other night. It was like a taco filling wrapped up in a ww tortilla and sliced liked pinwheels. It was great. I asked the girl to get me the recipe. I will share when I do.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JRED. HOPE IT IS GREAT!!!

IDblond, So glad you are finding your way again. This is truly the best way of eating and the best place to get that support. Keep up the good work.

Mel, Glad you had a nice birthday. The next time you go to DQ, get their sf dilly bar. It's great and you don't feel cheated.

Debyj, Jump right back on that wagon today. One day slip-ups can turn into weeks, hurry and get back on track. Before the games next week make some SF brownies, cheesecake, other legal snacks. It is to easy to do. I saw a brownie recipie with cream cheese on the sweettalk board last week. Haven't tried it yet.

Gracious, Have fun with yur homeschooling today. I sure don't have the patience for that. But with a 4 yr old, I bet it can be fun. It's the older years I would be lost in. I agree with Monet. Teach him by showing him how they will actually use it later.My kids still say "whey do I need to know this, I'll never use it"

Monet, jump back in that bed and take a nap. Take one for me too. I am really sleepy today.

Deb, I will check out Penney's. I really haven't started looking. Just was in the store and saw that one. Was curious on what size I could fit into. They make those things so small. I found a BBQ recipe on the sweet talk board. It was very similar to the one I think you have posted, just a few more different spices. I liked it. No I won't waste my agave on tea. Never have tried stevia. I really like unsweetend tea too. I never feel like getting out there in the morning either, but I'm always glad when it's over that I did it. I especially liked the last MM. Thanks

Have a great Monday everyone!

Jackie
257/173/145
10-10-01
Old 09-09-2002, 09:46 AM   #9  

Default Mornin'

Good morning all!! I am hoping to have a great week. I am going to work on my menus...... I know I am either too much of something legal or unknowingly eating something illegal!! My weight is not doing anything!! I am going to check out the recipe section. (I also have not been getting my usual exercise, for some reason I have not been motivated.....and now that I have said it, I am sure that is the reason!!) Okay, time to get up and get moving! I will check back in a little later!
Have a good one!
Rosemary, fortytude
Old 09-09-2002, 09:51 AM   #10  
Goddess

Thumbs down Good Monday Morning!

Good morning! Resting up after a looooooong day yesterday. leave got moved up a week. So--two weeks from today . . .
Couldn't realistically do it any sooner.

Mel and Melf--how could I have missed your birthdays???? I hope they were happy and that you two are the biggest loosers going this year!!!!!! hat:

JRed--the same for you! : Have a great day! I trust you have recovered from Saturday. If it makes you feel any better, the middies beat up some of our guys pretty bad and they will be out next week.

BOB--Not Auburn, my first and true love--NC State! Auburn did almost as well beating Western Carolina 56-0. Next week Vandy!
I found some huge avacadoes at Sams last week. They said they had 35% fewer calories and 50% less fat than regular. They taste pretty good to me! I ate one and will make some guacamole out of the other. Hope the congestion is going away.

Gator--You and BOB just kill me. All this nicey nicey talk Y'all ain't foolin' me.

OK--I have a huge back of cut up veggies in the fridge--snacks for the week! Need to go stock up on my yogurt. I'm trying to eat some every day for the calcium--as well as a glass of milk. Supposedly the calcium aids in weight loss--plus the yogurt is so good for the digestive system and for your skin.

Wednesday should be the only day I'm on the road this week--so hopefully I plan my food pretty well this week.

Have a good week everyone!

Susan
Old 09-09-2002, 10:00 AM   #11  
sef

HiedieHo All!

Just a quick note.

Today I have NH then rest of day is devoted to packing and last minute laundry!

Just have to apoplogize to MEL and MELF for not being on Board to wish them a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! But am here to wish JRED a HAPPY DAY!

MELF: I wish I could have been in N.O. with you! What a great present! Oak Alley is so beautiful,went there with the YAH group.

AGAIN: Just have to respond to your post. I was the one who asked where you lived in NY. I am from Milford PA. Marshall's Creek Flea Market is one of my favorite places too. I have friends in Port Jervis, Middletown, Glen Spey. Used to go to Orange Plaza and then the Galleria when it was built. Have you ever stopped in Milford? Lots of nice antique shops and boutigues. When I get back we'll have to compare notes! That where I'm going om my trip. Will be in Milford 9/22-10/5. Glad you had good news on the cysts!

Okay gotta go. I don't know if I will get on again before I leave. Will try to use my friend's computer while I'm away. I will miss you all. Pray I have a safe trip!

Shirley
Old 09-09-2002, 10:30 AM   #12  

Good Morning all!

[b]jRed, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!/b] Hope you have a wonderful day!
:

For those of you how missed my post last night about my meeting with Red1 in New Orleans Friday, here is the link to the pictures we took. http://groups.msn.com/SugarBusterGal...nw?albumlist=1

Last edited by Melf; 09-09-2002 at 10:40 AM.
Old 09-09-2002, 10:38 AM   #13  

QUICKIE...

If anyone likes magazies, I've ordered from this site in the past and just wanted to pass it along. They have some great deals on magazines, like SHAPE & NATURAL HEALTH. A years subscriptioin is LESS THAN $4.00!!!!!!

Here's the link:http://www.bestdealmagazines.com/titles.asp
Old 09-09-2002, 10:41 AM   #14  

I'm trying one last time. I think I may have one of the pics cut down enough to post! Here goes.
Old 09-09-2002, 10:45 AM   #15  

Here's another one...I just was not cropping them enough!
Closed Thread