Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: What size shoe do you normally wear?
Less than a size 6 1 2.70%
Size 6 0 0%
Size 6.5 1 2.70%
Size 7 2 5.41%
Size 7.5 8 21.62%
Size 8 4 10.81%
Size 8.5 4 10.81%
Size 9 5 13.51%
Size 9.5 4 10.81%
Size 10 5 13.51%
Size 10.5 2 5.41%
Size 11 or bigger 1 2.70%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2002, 06:32 AM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Post Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 8/5-8/11

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-THURSDAY RECIPE DAY
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=18819

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Old 08-05-2002, 06:36 AM   #2  

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Will post my usual morning post sometime later, but wanted to make sure I got our
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM, do think it's a winner:

SOMETHING BETTER

Consider for a moment all the valuable achievements which have come about because someone wasn't satisfied with the way things were. Throughout history, great leaps forward have been made by people who were seeking something better.

Time after time, something wasn't working as well as it could have, there were problems, shortcomings, issues that needed addressing, and someone addressed them. Someone saw what was wrong, envisioned something better, and then made it happen.

What we think of as progress is really a continuing positive response to dissatisfaction and frustration with the way things are. When things are not perfect, there is always a way to make them better.

Any time you experience frustration or dissatisfaction, see it as a clear signal to take a positive step toward something better. Your frustration is telling you there's a better way, and challenging you to make it real.

Life is filled with frustrations and because of them, it can continue getting better. When you feel strongly that there has to be a better way, there is. And you have the opportunity to find it.

-- Ralph Marston

Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/12?/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 08-05-2002, 06:40 AM   #3  
Bustin' Buddy

Good Morning People!

Just wanted to pop in and say Hi! I'll be busy getting my classroom ready this week so I don't know how much time I'll be spending on the computer! I just wanted to let you know that I'll be thinking of y'all!

Missy
Old 08-05-2002, 09:45 AM   #4  

I am back from visiting the wild west, midwest and other points of interest! We went as far as Devil's Tower in Wyoming, saw the Badlands, Deadwood/Lead, Mt Rushmore and took a tour of Wind Cave. We visited relatives in Iowa, and Chicago, and attended a wedding near St. Louis.

Eating was not very SB oriented...yet my suit seemed to fit fine for the wedding after over two weeks of white flour and potatoes... Unfortunately, when I got home last night, I found one of my adult kids decided to fiddle with the scale and changed it. Now I have NO idea whether I have gained, stayed the same, or lost! (dream on! LOL)

Hope everyone is doing well. I will be trying to catch up by reading last weeks posts, as long as my computer will let me. It keeps shutting down IE on me...
Old 08-05-2002, 10:25 AM   #5  

Hey All

Will post a nice long post later on today sometime, just have quite a bit of things to get done today, and with just getting myself back out of bed once again, I just have the time to do it before I have to pick up the kids, so you'll just all have to wait until later to hear all the juicy details of the last few days, at least from my end

I cannot vote on this weeks poll from the website once again, so I'm sure other's can't as well. If you'd like to get in your vote just e-mail me with your choice of answers this week and I can get it on there manually. [email protected]

Debbie
Old 08-05-2002, 10:25 AM   #6  

Welcome back Monet!
Your vacation sounds like a success, relaxation and visitation wise. Hope the temps were as seasonal up there (cool) as they are here in TX. It has been HOT!

Missy: Good luck with the room decorating. I remember the days of teaching in LA without the money that we have here in TX. It was the same in AR, too. People have no idea how much of our little bitty pay check we put back into our students. Maybe they do, and they know we'll do it anyway, so why pay us more? I did hear someone on a talk show once say that because education in a service and not a profit-making venture, we won't ever be paid comparible to corporate America. Just proves that we are in it as a calling, not a job.

The scales are bouncing again. A weird TOM this time, so maybe that change of life is beginning to stir. Was 160 on Sat. and am up to 163 today. I could not satisfy my appitite yesterday and when the family decided to have breakfast for supper, I made WW biscuits. Ate 3 of them! They weren't huge, got 5 little ones out of half the recipe, so I didn't totally wack out. But I had already eaten some Triscuits earlier in the day and I haven't had 4 servings of starchy carbs since I started this WOE. I think my mind needed the biscuits and today I'm okay with that craving for something.

Deb: I'm anxiously awaiting the report of your weekend with the JXville two. I know you had a blast.

Daramus: I hit your goal on Saturday!

BOB: Hope your mom is continuing her recovery. And I wish we could get some of your rain. Oh, the summer has hit here in NTX. This time of year, we look longingly at the blue, blue sky and wonder where all the clouds went. And wish for a nice low pressure system in the Gulf!

Will check in later this evening to see how the weekend treated you. We're headed east to visit GPs tomorrow so DS can have a time with them before he heads back to the Yard. I will be gone for the rest of the week.

Take care,
Jeanie
Old 08-05-2002, 11:10 AM   #7  

Default Exhausted!!!!!!

Wow, so much catching up to do, so much to tell!!!!! But, sadly, it is a crazy Monday at work, I am exhausted, and I am waiting on Serene to stop off and let me hug my beloved greyhound whom I have missed and she is getting me something to wake me up - Skinny Iced Cafe Latte from Starbucks!!!! Yummy!!!!! Missing Debbie, Eli and the children - did not want to come home!!!!

I am craving cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, mint and feta cheese with fabulous fresh whole wheat pita bread

I cannot wait to read everyone's posts and see what I have missed out on!!!

Welcome back Monet!

JRed - the biscuits sound really good right now! I am hungry!!!!

Sabrina
Old 08-05-2002, 11:30 AM   #8  
Goddess

Thumbs up Monday morning

I got back to Auburn late last night, so I'm dragging a bit today. Miss Belle was so glad to see me, she has been in my lap all morning. It is really sweet to have a sweet little kitten to wlecome you home!

OK still OP--even traveling all day yesterday. But the bad news is that I gained 20 lbs from May through July--UGH! How in the world could I let that happen?????? It's killing me to think about having to re-lose this 20 pounds again--but it kills me more to think about gaining even more back. The worst part is that I've been stricly OP for almost two weeks--so who knows how high it was!

If anyone needs a motivational thought for the day--it's this--losing is better than gaining!!!!!!!!

Talk to you soon, I've got a mountain of mail to go through and work--oh yes--must earn some money this week!

Susan
300/250/150
Old 08-05-2002, 12:38 PM   #9  

My adrenaline must still be running high from the wonderful time Tranquil and I had with Deb and family over the weekend. I am not feeling tired at all, even though I've had little sleep. We had so much fun and so many good laughs. We kept cracking up on our way back to Jax very early this morning as we talked about the many great moments we shared. We just fell in love with Deb, Eli, Michael and Lauren. They are a great family and we were missing them the minute we left their driveway last night. I can't wait to write more about them later, however, I have many errands to run and don't have enough time to tell all right now.

First stop is the cell phone store as mine dropped in a cup on soda on the way home and is now dead. That happened during one of the many laughing episodes we were having in the car. Think I might also go shopping for a wig today as I kinda got attached to one at Deb's house that belonged to her son, Michael. That is a story that I'm sure will be told by one of the partners in crime.

Anyway, it is great to be back on the board as I feel like I've been away a month and have missed keeping in touch with you all.

BOB, we missed you and didn't take home all of your coffee. We left you a bag or two.

Take Care,
Wendy
Old 08-05-2002, 06:08 PM   #10  
Golfing Gal

Hi all. Ive been AWOL for a couple of months. Just been busy busy busy. Just got back from a 2 week vacation. Went to Dallas to play golf with my nephew and new wife. Then on to Iowa and Minnesota to vist relatives I havent seen in 34 years. From there went into Canada(Thunderbay) to play some golf. The weather was so nice. Mid 60's. From there began the trip home. Michigan,Indiana,Illinois,Tennessee,Kentucky, then to Hot Springs Village Arkansas where we met up with friends for 2 days of golf, then finally home to Texas. Thru all that I managed to gain only 1 lb.

Now its back to SB and exercise. Will try to be more regular on this board.

Take care -
Old 08-05-2002, 06:52 PM   #11  
sef

HiedieHo All!

Nothing unusual. Just the same old, same old. We had quite a storm last night. The pool level raised about three inches!

DARAMUS: Know what you mean about cheats. They are not worth, but still after saying we will remmebr we slip again. Hopefully the urge will lessen as time goes on.

Board won't let me vote. I wear a size 8.5W or 9W depending on style.

FRUIT: School Days, School Days! Hurry back.

MONET: What a wonderful trips! Pictures?

TRANQUIL, SERENE, DEB: Details! We want details!

FILLISE: 20#! Ouch! You can do it girl! Get back on that wagon!

CAT: Welcome back!

Gotta go serve up supper!

Shirley
Old 08-05-2002, 07:12 PM   #12  

Monday...it is a holiday here today..New Brunswick Day. We went to the car races for the first time. It was quite an experience..made me feel like a real redneck! This track has pro-stock car but this one Enduro...the old beat up ones with the fantastic crashes in them. It was fun and the kids thought it was great. Eating has been bad today .....

Glad to see you back MONET!
Old 08-05-2002, 07:27 PM   #13  

Hey All

The events of this past weekend has only strengthened my knowing that we have the greatest group of people on this board! What a fabulous weekend I had with TRANQUIL & SERENE!

We had such a great time together this weekend and I wanted to share my account of these past few days of us being able to spend our all-too-short time together.

The gals arrived in the wee hours of Friday morning at a bit after 2am. Though it was way past my witching hour, it was good that they came in then instead of leaving Friday morning at a normal hour and coming in later Friday. Once they arrived and we sat down and chatted for a bit it was after 3am before we hit the bed. I think I was so excited to have them there as it took me until around 5am to fall asleep! The gals slept in the family room, one of the blow-up bed, the other on the futon mattress we pulled out of the 4th bedroom.

Friday morning none of us felt like getting up, but I had to to get the kids to school, so of course, I was up early. The gals got up, had their coffee, showers and a bite to eat and we headed up to Broward for the day. We hit 2 HFS'S before going to lunch at OLE OLE. We hit Sawgrass Mills Mall and spent the remainder of our evening there. Only went through a 1/4 of the mall, so they have something to do when they come back. Got home to have a wonderful dinner prepared by ELI (what a guy.)

Shortly after, the kids came home from being with their Dad and they got to meet SERENE & TRANQUIL. Michael played some of his video's he's done for this captive audience. THEN he brought out his vast array of wigs he uses when doing these videos and the fun began!!!! SERENE & TRANQUIL started donning the wigs and then got me in to it as well. I was laughing so hard at times that I was crying!! There's lots of pictures of this hysterical event to be shared. Well, THEN, I dare SERENE to wear the wig out of the house to garage sales the next day and TRANQUIL double dares her. SERENE says she doesn't take dares lightly and we'll see in the morning. Off to bed I go, way past my bed time, while the kids stay and chat with the two night owls.

Saturday morning I got those two up and out in record time, at least for them. I forewarned them that I was going to get them going early that day. True to her word, SERENE donned the wig. Mind you, this wig looks like a massive afro, but with a twist. Just think of CRUSTY THE CLOWN'S WIFE with a brown wig and there you have SERENE. We go to a garage sale around the block and out she stumbles, wig & a pair of funky glasses, like it was nothing. TRANQUIL & I are just dying! She had that on for a little while, but it was getting mighty hot and I can only imagine her brains were going to start to fry! Hit some G sales and found not all too much, but it was still a good morning. Then we hit the ME place to pick up some pita that we reserved, went out to lunch at a Cuban restaurant that I've been going to for 25-26 years but hadn't been to in a few years which I believe we all enjoyed then headed back home to shower before heading out once again to Dadeland Mall so TRANQUIL could get her SEPHORA fix. We hit a few more stores before they started to close the mall. With ELI & LAUREN in tow, we hit SHORTY'S BBQ for dinner which I do believe the gals enjoyed as well, then headed home for the evening. Once home we watched the BB show we had taped while we were out for the evening. Once again, being a party pooper, I headed to bed and I think the kids stayed up with the night owls.

Sunday morning we had had plans to go to the indoor flea market and then the gals would leave from there, but as things change, so did the plans. The JAX 2-SOME didn't want to leave!!!! That was just fine with me!!!! I was having a blast with them and didn't want them to leave either, so we changed our plans and spend a full day out shopping at another outlet mall, then hitting JCPenney's for some bargains and discounts, off to BIG LOTS then a request for late lunch/early dinner to the Cuban restaurant once again, then to Starbucks to get some coffee so they could drive home awake and then we headed on home.

It was time to pack up their car, and pack it up they did! It was filled!!!! By the time they left it was close to 9pm, I believe, a long day followed by a long night of driving back home for those two. We said our good-byes and as they drove off into the night I once again reminded myself of what a wonderful time I had this past weekend and what wonderful women they both truly are.

SERENE & TRANQUIL are wonderful! As always, when I've had the chance to meet other from the board, it's been such a wonderful experience and meeting these two was right up there!! I am envious that they live so close to each other and I'm all alone down here We had so much in common I found myself saying "me too" a lot. They are truly a lot of fun to be with and I can't even being to tell you just how much we laughed together all weekend. Not only are they funny, they are sweet, sincere and all the good qualities you'd love having in friends. They came bearing such wonderful goodies like a basket of fruit (I think they thought the DD wouldn't have any food) some wonderful smelling Yankee Candles (how did they know? They almost died when they saw my tart drawer!), some chick peas (hmmm, wonder what they had in mind for those) and then, at the mall, the sneaky two-some bought me a Verbena candle from La' Occitane that I've always loved but was too cheap to ever purchase for myself. When we got home, I was presented with this wonderfully thoughtful gift. They went way overboard and no words could truly express how they made me feel with such genorosity.

What can I say? I hope you all have the opportunity to meet them both, as well as others on the board-we truly have such a great group of women (and you too DARAMUS)! We are ready to plan another weekend together soon!!!!

SERENE & TRANQUIL, if I left anything out, please fill in the gaps, I think my brain is still sleeping a bit!!!!

ELI'S Starbucks officially opened this morning. He's done quite well for not having a grand opening yet (Friday night it's going to happen) and he's been busy just with new customers driving through. I'm hoping he'll be home soon, he woke up at 3:45am this morning

No walking here today-was raining this morning. Glad it waited to rain til after the girls left, but alas, we didn't even have time to get in any exercise while they were here and with today not doing it either, I'm way behind in my miles. I may take it easy this week anyhow, it's just so hot down here it's making my walks not enjoyable at all, even with leaving early.

Well, I've got to skiddadle for now. I'll try to check in later this evening, otherwise tomorrow morning.

Hope all is well with everyone! Wish you could of been with us this past weekend

Debbie
194/1??/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 08-05-2002, 07:34 PM   #14  

SERENE, LOL!!! I guess that phone finally got the break it needed from ringing!!! LOL!!!
Old 08-05-2002, 08:33 PM   #15  

DEB, LOL about my cell phone! It didn't get a break for long as I got it replaced with a new one today. There are some people that I actually want to call me on it, like you and Tranquil for instance! Maybe I should change the number and just not tell the family what it is!
Closed Thread