Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: What size shoe do you normally wear?
Less than a size 6 1 2.70%
Size 6 0 0%
Size 6.5 1 2.70%
Size 7 2 5.41%
Size 7.5 8 21.62%
Size 8 4 10.81%
Size 8.5 4 10.81%
Size 9 5 13.51%
Size 9.5 4 10.81%
Size 10 5 13.51%
Size 10.5 2 5.41%
Size 11 or bigger 1 2.70%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2002, 09:59 PM   #91  

Just checking in. I have had a pretty good week. I hopped on the scale yesterday, and I was down about seven pounds from Monday morning, when I weighed in after vacation. I still have no idea what the setting was on the scale before I left, and my sweet son in law 'fixed' it for me...grrr. I think I have taken care of any vacation poundage tho, and I am pretty happy about that. I am being really strict on the starchy carbs, and I think that is helping. I had kind of gotten lax, and had been eating as many as four or five some days.

SERENE: You better let me know when you come to Atlanta! I would love to get together.

MCJONJON and STITCH: Welcome! I hope you find all the support you need to succeed here! It is a great group!

BOB: I am sorry to hear about your uncle. Please accept my sympathy. Hope your mom is doing ok.

TRAN:I hope and pray your foot mends before you leave. It sure would be a bummer to be in England and have a painful time walking! I am jealous. Take lots of pictures, ok? I want to go to England pretty badly. Some day, I hope....

JENN: Motivation is a hard thing to recapture sometimes. One of the best motivational books I have ever read was Body For Life, by Bill Phillips. It is actually a combination of diet and body building, but his motivational chapter on getting started is the best I have ever read. Perhaps that would help you to get your focus back, and get back on the wagon. Fillise is right, you don't want to wander off and gain all you have lost back, then have to lose it again. For some of us, it is such a struggle! For me, weight loss is almost impossible. Four pounds a month is really good for me, but frustratingly slow. I push on because I don't like myself at this weight, and I know if I stop staying on program, I am going to gain, and all the hard work of losing will have been for nothing. I keep telling myself thin will feel better than any food tastes. Perhaps you can analyze and figure if you have triggers to eat things you should not that you can learn to control. Just don't give up! You will be happier if you don't.

I am tired, and achy. Time to hit the bed and catch some ZZZs. Nighty night!
Old 08-11-2002, 11:22 AM   #92  

This board is so responsive. I thank you all for your replies.

serene - yes, I'm about an hour from malden, dated a guy from there once upon a time. lol

meliris - thanks and you are right. I don't even put artificial sweetner in my tea anymore, but I don't care for coffee without creamer. milk just doesn't do it. I use the creamer for a sweetner evidentally. guess I just need to give up coffee if I can't drink it black. you're right about everything tasting sweet naturally, I have noticed that. About a week into SB I noticed that my sense of smell has really become acute and I don't seem to have the sinus trouble I had. who would've thought so many perks would come with what started as "dropping a few pounds" and has turned into a terrific WOE!

Have a great day everyone,

mcjonjon
150/140/125
Old 08-11-2002, 03:12 PM   #93  

Default Sunday

Just peeking in. Slow weekend I see. I will check back in tomorrow.
Old 08-11-2002, 04:14 PM   #94  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!!!

Cloudy over here ont he west coast of FLA..would like to see some rain, but I'm thinking that would be too much to hope for!

Out and about today...birthday shopping for my new Niece
and then on to the grocery.

About to throw the FURBABY in the tub...he's trying to hide as we speak..wanted to bathe him the other day, but he just wouldn't stand for it!

Thanks for all the good thoughts where my Mom is concerned. She is doing very well.

KIM....I felt your wish yesterday....had I known what it was for, I would have appeared in a heart beat! I'm sure that between you and Paul, I got my fill

SABRINA....I guess you saw that I've dumped the kids on SUSAN for a little visit...she can deal with them for a few days
How's that foot today? Are you doing what you're supposed to ?

WENDY...See that you keep Sabrina off that foot...you're her only hope!

MONET...so glad that you're home safe and sound...and most of all, glad you had a good time..

MEL...glad you're back...We've missed you!

I've got to get off from here...I'll check in later

BOB
Old 08-11-2002, 04:31 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi Gang!

it's Sunday afternoon and I'm bored. We were going to a friend's pool, but is it rainy. We need it though. Guess I'll post and work out awhile. I need it!

Had a good weekend OP. Just don't know what's for dinner tonite.

\Monet. glad to hear you have dropped your vacation gain. Now just keep on going down. You can do it.

Red, it is so sad about the forest fires. Such a waste. I feel so sorry for those fighting those fires. I hope they get it out sooner than expected. Glad you are recoverying. Just take it easy. I am not someone to sit around either so I know you are getting bored. Do you like to read? Maybe in a little while you could do some are exercies or something like that. You are in my thoughts.

Bob, sorry about your uncle. Sad your mom can't attend the funeral. Hope she is doing better.You make me laugh with feeding those kids.

Jenn your new puppy sounds so cute. Motivation is a hard thing to get. But let me tell you thin is wonderful. I'm not there totally, but man is it a lot better than being where I was. The compliments are nice, but the main thing is I like myself so much more.I enjoy wearing and buying clothes now. I guess it all comes downs to what you really want. it took me a long time, but this is what I want more than something to eat. Monet had a good idea about motivation books or even tapes if you don't have time to read. My thought are with you. Maybe I can willyou some motivation. Good luck.

Sef, don't wear yourself out at the library or at home. Take it easy.

Gracious, sounds like you are having tons of fun with the boys. It is nice to spend some quality time with the kiddos. You can come to my house and unload my dishwasher. Never can find anyone who wants to unload it. LOL Glad you are riding high in that wagon.

Deb, glad to hear you are still kicking. Hopeyou get that modem soon. We miss you!!

Mercy, Sounds like a good deal on the tapes to me. I want to get the 3 miles one for times when the weather is bad. Good job on your eating.

Mel, It was so nice to hear from you again. I know what you mean about the middle not budging. I wonder if it will ever go down. And my legs. Theya re so squishy. They remind me of gords. Big at the top, taper to the bottom. LOL. I haven't worked out this week at all and boy can i tell it. Getting back in routine tomorrow.

tranquil, 2.5 lbs. WTG girl!!!. Eating more does help sometimes. Keep up the good work and stay off that foot.

Beth, hope you had a nice weekend. That's cute about your DS's girlfriend. Hopefully you will have a large collection of pics.

Fillise, Enjoy your new chair. What an accomplishment, putting it together yourself. Good advise to Jenn.

Quilter, Yum, coneys. Don't know what I'm fixing for dinner, but now I'm hungry.

Well, got to run. think I'll try to talk DH in going to the new Walmart. Exciting life isn't it. LOL

Enjoy the last of your weekend everyone.

Jackie
257/179/145
10-10-01
Old 08-11-2002, 06:20 PM   #96  

A MESSAGE FROM DEB!!!

I heard from the fearless leader today and she has purchased a modem. Praise the lord on that one!!! Anyways, she asked me to check in with you all with that good news and to let you all know that she would be on later to start up Monday's thread. She just asked that we all be patient with her for just a little longer. As soon as this new modem gets in and working properly, she'll be back on with us. I reassured her that we truly understand her predicament. But we really do miss her.

Hope you all are having a great weekend. I'm doing well. Talk to you later.
Kim
195/186/130
Old 08-11-2002, 07:03 PM   #97  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Evening All

I'm getting back on track, I promise. Thanks to QUILTER who was so kind to relay my message that I BOUGHT A MODEM TODAY!!! Now, I've tried to install it the last 15 minutes or so without luck, all the time *****in' through the entire process!

Just wanted you to know I'm working on getting this terrible situation rectified. I'm hoping to be back 100% tomorrow, until then I'm going to get the weekly board started, at least start working on it so I can get it pasted up later this evening.

BEAR WITH ME JUST ANOTHER DAY GALS!!!

THANKS!!!!

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
Old 08-11-2002, 10:04 PM   #98  
Goddess

Thumbs down Sunday evening

Hey everybody!

This will be short--it is almost 9:00 and supper is just coming out of the oven (yeah I know--it's after 8:00, buI had church meetings from 5:00 -8:00 and a client conferephone conference till now--and I'm about to STARVE!) I'm having baked salmon and butterbeans. yum.

I had a wonderful conversation with Deb yesterday! She is so much fun to talk to--and I feel new inspiration! She told me to tell you she's be back on the baord soon--but then I couldn't get on last night and I see she has her new modem! YEAH DEB!

Goo day today food wise. Tomorrow will be achallenge as I will be on the road early and then reeling from meeting to meeting. Will try to take some yogurt and some cashews for snacks.

OK got to go have dinner before it gets any later!

Susan

ps--BOB the kids all arrived just fine. I sent them out to the storage shed to bed down for the night. Belle was disappointed that Skeeter didn't come.
Old 08-11-2002, 11:38 PM   #99  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Quickie...

I shall be calling tech support tomorrow for the modem, had NO LUCK at all getting it installed-figures, if there's no bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. Hoping it will be fixed soon!!!

HUGS

Deb
Closed Thread