Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: What size shoe do you normally wear?
Less than a size 6 1 2.70%
Size 6 0 0%
Size 6.5 1 2.70%
Size 7 2 5.41%
Size 7.5 8 21.62%
Size 8 4 10.81%
Size 8.5 4 10.81%
Size 9 5 13.51%
Size 9.5 4 10.81%
Size 10 5 13.51%
Size 10.5 2 5.41%
Size 11 or bigger 1 2.70%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2002, 01:59 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

I'm still toting around 3 of the 7 pounds that appeared a couple days ago. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone watched the ICU Arkansas series Wed night? I knew of one of the boys featured, Sawyer, who died. It was very hard to watch and of course, I was boo hooing. I'm so glad that they decided to air it because it will promote CHD awareness and maybe some of my friends and family members were watching and realized the seriousness of having a heart kid and the emotional roller coaster that goes along with it.
Old 08-09-2002, 02:53 PM   #77  

Angry

Well it is a bright sunny day here... mixed with smoke. I live at the base of the sierra's where there has been a forest fire buring for almost three weeks. The smoke comes into the valley and it stinks. I like to camp but this smell is getting to me. They are sayng that they may not be able to get the fire completely out until the first snow. There may not be a forest left by then.

Thanks for the well wishes. I am feeling better every day. Surgery sucks. I am not used to sitting around and doing very little. I can't lift my granddaughter up, clean house, and standing to much right now make fixing dinner interesting.

I am hoping to work harder on this WOE while I am off. I would like to go back to work a few lbs. less. I am trying not to eat to much since I am sitting alot and can't exercise.

Welcome MCJonJon and Stich....It is a great way to eat.

Quilter... In some pain mostly on my right side where the tumor was. The dr noticed it when I had my yearly check up last Oct. It was about 4cm. He said we would watch it and by June it had grown to 6cm and started to give me some discomfort. I thought I had a bladder infection and when it came back ok I knew that it must be the other. I can't say enough about listen to yuor body and don't ignore the pains.

Tranquil... Hope you feel better soon and they can find out exactly what is up with the fracture. Listen to your dr. You want to make that trip to london and have a great time.

Talk to you all later....trust everyone will have a great weekend.

Cyndi
Old 08-09-2002, 05:06 PM   #78  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!!!

I'm telling you...when it rains it pours!!! One of my Mom's brothers died yesterday! She knows that she can't go because of her eye, and she's doing quite well. Needless to say, it's a little gloomy around here today.

SUSAN...sayin and doin are two different things and you know it! I've ALREADY got the ANGEL WINGS!!! If it gets any hotter down here though....well...let's just say...I DON'T WEAR WHITE SHOES EITHER!!!

WELCOME...McJon and Stich we're glad to have you aboard.

Hope everyone has a good weekend...I'm thinking about slipping down to BLOCKBUSTER and checking something out...I'll let you know if I do....

GOT TO GET THESE KIDS FED!!!!

BOB
Old 08-09-2002, 05:18 PM   #79  
Wannabe skinny babe

Finally a post! Been MIA this past week - more hectic happenings at work & home.

Got a 7-week old puppy on Sunday. =D We saw her at a shelter, and I just HAD to go get her, even though we won't move into the house until the end of the month.

She's a border collie mix - looks like a fuzzy lab/retriever. Absolutely a darling! Very smart, after two days she realized if she went to the door and whined, that she'd go outside to potty. She still has some minor accidents - after all, puppy bladders are teeny BUT I've never had a dog pick up on housetraining so quickly!

So this week has been crazy, trying to avoid "puppy messes", sleeping on the floor with the little darling, and desperately trying to keep her quiet, cuz I'm not supposed to have a pet in my apartment!

Anyhow, Saturday she goes in for boarding until we get the house. We felt it was better for all of us, and the good news is I get to go play with her every day, since they don't have restrictions on visits. I am still sad she won't be there, but a little relieved too. It will be nice to be able to let her bark and yip like a puppy should, without having to "shush" her all the time!

I'll send a pic when I get the film developed.

So far things are moving along with the house. We are just awaiting the appraisal report and title stuff for the underwriting to be done, but all my verifications have come back and look okay. Yay!

Last on the list is my eating. I have fallen so far off the wagon, I don't think it can ever pick me up again. I have no motivation, no willpower, and no strength.

Has anyone ever been down that far? I don't know where to begin again.

Sorry I can't address all the individual posts at the moment, but I've been trying to read when I can.

Hugs to all,

Jenn
Old 08-09-2002, 05:34 PM   #80  
sef

HiedieHo All!!

I am so tired. Cleaned and hung pictures, a slew of them! It warms up the room a lot. Too much bare walls. So it is worth it.

MERCY: Nothing to report on your vacation? Hope you had a good time.

GRACIOUS: Don't wait until September! You know the scale will up and you will hate yourself. At least I would if it was me!

TRANQUIL: I can only imagine how exited I would be if I were going to London. I'm all het up over visiting back east! I have ideas for Christmas gifts but have not shopped yet, and I usually do. I guess it's because I want money for my trip. You'll probably go to London strapped up! Hope the pain diminishes.

JACKK: Some schedule you have. We can stay up for fun but hard to do for work isn't it? I use the lite CoolWhip sometimes. I found that the store brand had less sugars etc. so use that. I do the library stuff, only a couple of hours at a time. I have gotten involved and not realized the time, then pay for it later.

SERENE: My spirits willing, it's the body that's weak!

RED1: Sorry to here about your troubles. My opinion is it's better out than in. Hope you are feeling better soon.

MCJONJON: Welcome! I don't use creamer so have nevr read the label. I did see on the Today show, I think, that it is terrible for cholesterol.

STITCH: Welcome. Your name suggests an avid stitcher. You will find a lot of info here, plus a great group of people.

QUILT: It's not that the choir is sso sloppy now, it's just that nothing has been done to the files or music in years. Things were filed willynilly. It's just so much stuff piled on shelves the same way. So a little at a time.

FILLISE: I'm with you! I can't go sleeveless, except in the house. Would never go public!

GATOR: Congratulations MawMaw! It sounds so interesting.

JENN: I would love to have another dog. Sounds pretty smart.

Okay I've rested a bit. Have to make the bed up. Then going for a swim and finish fixing supper. Have a roast in the crockpot. Noodles sound easy!

Shirley
Old 08-09-2002, 06:49 PM   #81  

Friday evening and hubby and DD have been gone since Thursday morning. The 2 boys left with me have had me hopping. We have played cars, lego, races and have made some stained glass butterflies out of waxed paper and crayon shavings. They both slept in my bed with me last night…needless to say I have had better nights of sleep! But they are sweet and consider it such a treat to sleep together.

I got the dishwasher installed today and have already done a load. I was so anxious, I simply took out all my glasses in the cupboard and washed them again! They are always shinier coming out of the dishwasher. I loved it and am so happy to have that in order now.

I have been eating well and drinking tons of water. I benefited from the pep talks and am hanging onto that wagon really tight!

FILLISE- Thanks for the encouragement. Isn’t it funny how we all have our weak moments? One day we are the ones bemoaning things then the next we are urging others to hang in there. That is what is wonderful about this board! Thanks.
Oh..I am with you on the sleeveless thing. Actually, this summer I just moved myself away from short sleeves to the elbow to real short sleeves. I even wore a dress with sleeves that were almost cap! My upperarms haven’t seen the light of day in ages. Even when I was a size 5 I tried to keep them hidden.

MCJONJON-Welcome to the board! This is a wonderful place to learn about SugarBusters and to get support.

STITCH-Welcome to you too! I have to ask how many kids you have that gave you 12 grandkids at such a young age??

QUILTER-Thank you so much. {hugs} I think you are sweetheart for encouraging me like that. I am on the wagon and seem to be getting my head screwed back on straight again! I got a Kenmore dishwasher. It matches my stove and fridge and keeps things simple dealing with Sears. It works great and I am so grateful to have it.

TONI- Good to hear from you! 3 pounds is wonderful, keep it up.

JACK-K- It took me a minute to clue into what D was…I got it! At least 3 out of those 4 lbs are gone, no matter how you got rid of them!

RED1- Nice to hear from you too. Glad the surgery went well and they got the tumour out. I hope you have an easy recovery.

JENN-I love the Leslie Sansone tapes!

SERENE- I loved your Friday Funnies.

BOB-Sorry about your uncle. What did you feed all those kids?

JENN- We just got ourselves a 12 week old puppy from the local shelter too. She is a small terrier cross and has been a dream to housetrain. I am crate training her as well and she has done marvelously. I cannot risk her ruining our carpet. I went through that with a dog 13 years ago when I was first married and I simply cannot afford to replace our carpet here in our own house! Enjoy her. Border collies are intelligent and active. I had one (actually the one who peed all over my carpet!) and took her to agility training. She just loved to run through the tunnels, jump over the walls and do tricks. She was such a healthy dog and so eager to please. My parents actually still have her. She is 13 years old now but has gone deaf.

SEF- Thanks girl {hugs} I need a kick in the pants every once in a while!

That is it for me. I have to get back to the boys now. Have a great weekend.
Old 08-09-2002, 09:19 PM   #82  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Hey all

Contrary to rumor, I haven't died, well, not technically! I feel like I'm dead without my computer but I'm actually still alive and kicking. I came over to my sister's house to use her computer after going to Eli's store tonight for his Friends and Family Night for the opening.

Anyhow, I've decided, come Sunday, do or die, I am going to find a friggin modem! I just can't be without a decent working computer!

I know this is short, but I'm ready to get home and leave my sister so her and her hubby can have some time alone since the kids are asleep, at least for now.

I will be in touch soon, promise!

Oh, WELCOME to the newbies on the board!!! STITCH, do they have WEGMANS in Syracuse? I LOVE THAT STORE!!!!!!!!!

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
Old 08-10-2002, 12:01 AM   #83  

Hi all!!

Finally a chance to post. Today I brought the WATP tapes to use when I don't want to do the treadmill. I think I will try them out tommorrow. I found them at the mall for $35 at this store that sells things from the infomercials on T.V. Believe me they have everything. My girlfriend at work said she ordered hers off T.V. and she paid $59.00 after shipping and handling. I guess I got a pretty decent deal. I'm working on becoming a bargain hunter like Deb.

Wow I have missed so much. I 've been trying to read the post everyday.

mcjonjon and Stitch-Welcome this is a great place to be and it is full of great people.

Tranquil- I'm praying that your foot gets better quickly and is better before you go to England.

Serene- I'm praying your ex to b- goes peacefully so you can move on with your life.

Bob-I'm sorry to hear about your uncle. How's the children

sef- we ha d a great time it was really a time for rest for me i read alot and we spent 1 day out shopping. The resort we stayed at had everything so the kids had a wonderful time. They had pools, arcades, indoor basketball and volleyball courts, and a wonderful restaurant. I was able to stay OP. I managed to mantain and I didn't gain. The food was free everyday for the kids so they had a ball. DH and I enjoyed it to.

Gracious- I'm glad you have pulled yourself back on the wagon. You have been an inspiration to me you see I got the tapes.

Well I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!!

Deb- I'll be glad when your computer problems are fixed we sure miss you here
Old 08-10-2002, 10:59 AM   #84  
Mel

Default Hi All!

Long time no post! Life has been crazy here, I just got a chance to skim the last week's posts. School here doesn't start for another 2 weeks and even ds is ready for summer to end. I'm still plugging along eating OP and lifting TONS of weights. My arms and legs and chest look great (I wear sleeveless now whenever possible!) but middle just won't budge. Think it's hormonal/age related. My body fat is dropping but it all seems to be relocating, too- right to my middle. Very, very depressing. Makes me want to give up, but what are the alternatives? Get soft and flabby everywhere again?

Red1- Hope you are feeling better

Bob- Sorry about all your recent friends and family misfortunes. It all does seems to have clumped up on you. Hope your mother is coping well (and you too!),

Jenn- Boy, a new puppy, new house, new hubby! Go for it all at once, girl! Be sure to train that critter really well and KEEP IT BUSY! Border collies are such wonderful dogs, but go crazy of they are cooped up without something to do. They take really well to agility training and competition- lots of fun if you have the time.

Welcome newbies! This is a great WOE and a wonderful community (tho I'm mia more often than not).

McJonJon- As far as I can see, the creamer is NOT legal. Corn syrup and solids are illegal in any quantity. I'm a hardliner on this, but I think the faster you get the sweet taste out of your system, the better you will succeed. I use about 2 tablespoons 1% milk in my coffee. If you NEED a sweentener, try a little splenda or stevia. Once you stop using sweeteners, you'll be amazed at how sweet real food begins to taste.

Deb- Hope you solve your computer problems! What are they exactly? We have a whole room full of spare computer parts that dh won't get rid of because someday they might be useful. What exactly do you need? (if you can get on to answer this!).

Tranquil- Do as the Dr. says! You don't want to still be hurtin in England!

Anybody heard from frog or solshine lately?

mel
175/134/135 SB since July 2001
Old 08-10-2002, 11:33 AM   #85  

Default Happy Saturday Morning

Good Morning All:

After a wonderful good night's sleep, I was up and bouncing on the scale - at a better weight of 246.5! Monday was 249!

So, I thought I would share what I have done -I only allow 2 diet sodas a day, and then trying unsweet tea without any artificial sweetener, and then I have been eating 3 meals a day with a few snacks in between - so I am eating more - and the pounds are coming off More fiber foods, less fat....

Deb - get that modem fixed - we miss you!!!!!!!! Awww you got to see your sister's baby - she is so cute!!!! Well so was your other niece that has those bouncing blonde curls and the big elfish smile that means trouble - hehehehe - Say Hi to your Sister for me!!!!

Mercy - good for you finding the tapes at a good price - I wish I could do them with you!!! Also, thank you for sending your prayers about the foot

Gracious - that is great that you got the dishwasher hooked up - sounds like a fun time with the boys - I envy your having that time with them... there are days when mine is so grown up acting and I wish for the time we had when he was little!

Sef - You sound like the busy woman with your decorating! I bet you are excited about your trip back east! I look forward to my vacations so much! Even when they are mini ones, I always have to have some kind of trip planned.... Meanwhile, I am very excited about the trip to London.... If my foot is still bothering me, the more excuse I have to hop into those wonderful Black Cabs with the drivers that call you Ducky!!!

Jenn - Congrats on the new furbaby!!!!!! Oh the fun of waiting for the closing to move along~ You need to get your tushy back on that wagon, especially with the surgery and wedding coming up!!!! Remember, you can do it, this woe is just too easy!!!!

BOB - I honestly don't know where you get the strength and patience to deal with all those kids, I have a hard enough time just dealing with the two cats in my house who are at this moment telling me that their food is not fresh enough!

Red1 - Ewww Peuweeeey - When Florida was having its fires for the past few years it was awful, I feel for you! Just the allergies alone and asthma attacks from the smoke is enough to kill the toughest! Along with the fear! Hope you are feeling better.... and healing up!

Gator - Ouch on the stress fractures! Right now they have me scheduled for the bone scan on Thursday with orders to only walk when necessary....well, Serene is going to look for her crutches for me...the xray did not show anything - which the doctor had expected, saying that bone scans show the hairlines and stress fractures - wish they had just had that done first! Meanwhile I am to take tylenol and motrin alternated every 4 hrs. I will be listening to the doctor and staying off of it as much as possible .... though I am not one to want to sit around....
The butterflies sound wonderful!!!!

Fillise - I am with you on the sleeveless! Ahhhh - I was brushing my teeth yesterday morning when I thought I better be careful because I will take flight! But there are so many wonderful sleeveless outfits - but no way!!!!

Welcome McJonJon! About creamer - I don't want to use it because of the corn syrup and so I use skim milk - and if I feel like really indulging, I get half n half, and I put things like cinnamon in my drink for the extra flavor....

Stitch - Welcome!!!!! I am right there with you on the tomatoes and cucumbers - I have been stuffing cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, fresh herbs, and feta cheese in whole wheat pitas every day now at meal time - love it!!! and I am losing!!!! 12 Grand kids - that is a handful!!!! I am staying away from Splenda - when I found it the weightloss was slowing down, and now it is picking back up.....

Quilter - Hope you are enjoying your weekend! England: This will be my second trip to London, but my first trip to Bath! We will be spending one night, two days in Bath.... But we are staying in a boutique hotel in Kennsington, and I am bringing my Gram and DS - DS went with me for his 11th birthday last year - this is an early birthday vacation for the 2 of them since we are going October, and their birthdays are November. I have friends as well that live there, but two are traveling the World at the moment (must be nice) and the others are professors for the University of London in Bloomsbury...child psychology...and they love my ds! The experience I had in London was one of graciousness, friendliness, and just a warm welcoming - and I miss it terribly!!!!! I will be happy just to sit on a bench in Hyde Park along the Serpentine and watch the geese and passerbys....

Country - I know I have missed you in my post - How are you!!!

Toni - How are you doing too!!!!!

JRed - How are you!!!!

Beth - DS came home with big news yesterday - he has a Girlfriend named Heather! What I love is when the friends call and gets on the phone with them and they sound just like girls with their talk about clothes, kids in their class, etc. - gossiping little hens! I am sure soon it will be a grunt, macho fest on the phone....

Okay I will end my post with an experience from yesterday:

After xray I ran to the Starbucks, and the guy at the counter said very loudly, "What a cute outfit, where did you get it?" hahaha.... OKAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY, so I said MIAMI! Then he went into this whole thing about how everyone has to shop somewhere else, always far away where he cannot get to! OKAAAYYYYYYY, I am outa heya!!!!

Have a good weekend all - and stay OP!!!!

Sabrina
272/246.5/157
Old 08-10-2002, 01:07 PM   #86  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Talking Hiya!!

Howdy everyone

Saturday is HOT and gawgeous here in Alabama and I think I'm gonna cut the grass and catch some rays

Wendy - I work the swing shift. 2 days on Second shift, then 3 days on Third shift. It's confusing to my sleep schedule!! I'm hoping the BCP work too... for the first week I thought I was gonna throw them up, but it's getting much better. TOM lasted 7 days this month, and I'm hoping next month will show a change for the better

Sabrina - Take care of that foot!! My DS has a picture of his new little GF in his backpack. I sent him to school Friday with one of his baseball cards from this spring, so now they have pictures of each other! How cute is that. I plan to get it from him if they "break up" and see if I can collect all the pictures of his little girlfriends that I can. I think it's cute.

Well I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend. I'm off to get some stuff done, and then try and sneak in a nap before I head off to the midnite shift! See ya'll later
Old 08-10-2002, 01:53 PM   #87  

Mel - I am staying off of the foot as much as possible Dont give up!!! If your arms and legs and everything else but the middle looks great - you are doing a great job!!!!!!

Beth - that is a wonderful idea about the pictures of the girlfriends!!!!!

Gotta limp off now and check on kids....ds has friend over...
Old 08-10-2002, 03:37 PM   #88  
Goddess

Thumbs down Saturday

I'm sitting here in my new cushy office chair that I put together with my own two hands (and a little help from Miss Bell, of course). It sure beats the green plastic patio chair I have been using for the last few years!

I tried to respond to Jenn last night, but the computer wouldn't recognize me and I had to login--what's up with that?

Anyway. . .

Jenn--Don't give up! I've been there--recently--and yeah it sucks! But putting the weight back on sucks even more. If nothing else get off the scale and just commit yourself to healthy eating because you deserve to be healthy. Don't worry about whether you lose weight (you will). Throw the scale out and do it because it is the right thing to do. You can get through this surgery and then you have the wedding to look forward to! I know this is a stressful time, but sweetie please, you deserve the best!

BOB--Sorry to hear about your uncle. I'm glad your mom seems to be OK--hope everything went well with her laser stuff yesterday. If you have too many kids--you can send me a few--I've got a shed out back they can sleep in!

Sabrina--You are too funny! I was always self conscous when I was writing on the blackboard when I taught. Those wings could get really get to flapping!

Ok got to go clean up the box and all the mess from the chair. I don't think I even had any left over parts!

Susan
300/249/150
Old 08-10-2002, 07:57 PM   #89  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

SUSAN....put all 9 of them on the GREYHOUND just a few minutes ago...it might be a little late when they get there, but just shuffle them on into the shed...Skeeter wanted to come and visit MS BELLE while the kids were in the shed, but I can't do without my FURBABY

BOB
Old 08-10-2002, 08:57 PM   #90  

Just a quickie to check in and say "hey". It's a happening Saturday night here. DH decided to replace switches in some of the rooms. He's been cussing like a sailor which is not his way. More like MY way! LOL

Wanted to let you all know that we hit SKYLINE for lunch today. I had cheese coneys without the buns and they were DELISH!!! BOB we took a moment of silence for you and wished really hard that you could be there with us. But you didn't appear, so much for wishes. I was really proud of myself that I didn't have any of those yummy oyster crackers. Their latest dish is the SKYfries which look so wonderful and sinful. But we just stuck with the coneys. I felt a little silly asking for them without the buns, but I thought of how you all always say to ask for the food they way you want it, not the way it says on the menu. See how inspiring you all are.
Hopefully, I'll be able to get in a long post tomorrow. Take care.
Kim
195/186/130
Closed Thread