Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: What size shoe do you normally wear?
Less than a size 6 1 2.70%
Size 6 0 0%
Size 6.5 1 2.70%
Size 7 2 5.41%
Size 7.5 8 21.62%
Size 8 4 10.81%
Size 8.5 4 10.81%
Size 9 5 13.51%
Size 9.5 4 10.81%
Size 10 5 13.51%
Size 10.5 2 5.41%
Size 11 or bigger 1 2.70%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2002, 08:06 PM   #46  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

Rainy, gloomy, humid, yucky evening over here on the West Coast of FLA I went to the grocery after work today and by the time I got home, I was wringing wet with sweat!!! I swear, I'm going to LANE BRYANT and buy some (SUMO) sleeveless shirts! I NEVER wear sleeveless because of the SUMO thing...but I'm ready to break down and do it!

JACKIE....GOTTCHA!!!! I don't have ANY children...I just wanted to talk about getting ready for school like every one else!
CONGRATS of the 84 lbs being gone...you've done SO WELL...I'm very proud of you!

VESNA...WHERE ON EARTH HAVE YOU BEEN???? You've definately been missed...have you talked to SONJA??? She's been MIA too!

TRISH...I know you're glad to be home...vacations are great, but that 1st night back in your own bed is the best!! Sorry I didn't recognise your ranking...I just get SO WRAPPED up in the SEC that I totally forget about other conferences...Good luck!

HEART...maybe you ate something yesterday with a lot of sodium?

GATOR...you ready for the season and the NEW COACH???

One of my best friends daughter was raped and beaten at a rest area between Ocala and Gainesville this past Saturday night. (6p.m.) She was able to get away from them (two) but not before they really worked her over. She is now going thru counseling, trips to the Doctor, and now the risk of HIV testing if they can't find these guys and get them tested. Keep her in your prayers.

KIM...congrats on your loss...so glad you a good time on your trip.
Are you coming to Orlando in January?

MONET..Glad you had a good time on your trip..some of my family was just in Montana . Hope you can join us at the WDW race.
You can help me cheer!

BIG BROTHER....9 p.m. LISA!!! LISA!!! LISA!!! got to go girl!

BOB
Old 08-07-2002, 08:31 PM   #47  
Sonya

Angry

Hi everyone,

Sorry I've been mia. I am so huge now that I stay uncomfortable. I have 12 days left until my c-section. I feel like a beached whale let me tell you. Nothing I do or nowhere I sit is comfortable. I can hardly wait until August the 19th and I get to hold my baby girl. I go to the doctor every monday and go to Labor and Delivery every Monday and Friday for a unstress test for Ashley to be monitored so they can be sure my gestational diabetes is not affecting her. So far shes doing better than good shes been doing great. Shes a active little thing she kicks and moves all over my tummy. I can hardly wait until I get to see what she looks like. My church family is giving me a baby shower the 15th. They told me they were going to have a recliner for my to sit in there. I think they are being so sweet. I hope everyone is doing great and to the losers keep on keepin on.. I am having Braxton-Hicks contractions every day and while they don't hurt they make me very uncomfortable. I am going to see if the hospital has a baby web site when I go to labor and delivery Friday. I will post a picture when I have the baby on there if they don't I will post one on here. I am looking forward to my tummy being gone. Thats all I am right now is one big tummy.

Well gotta get off here now if I don't get to post before the baby gets here. I will at least post her pic.

I am still sticking to my Sugar Busters.

Talk to you all later!

Old 08-07-2002, 10:02 PM   #48  
Little Engine That Could

I received my case of agave nectar today. It took 3 weeks to get it. I was totally out. Now I can make another cheesecake.

BOB--That's awful about your friend's daughter. I'm assuming that it was on I-75. Just a reminder to all of us that women traveling alone can't be too careful. BOB, I pray that she will recover fully both physically and emotionally. What a horrible thing.

Well, about the new coach. Can't say anything until after the season. And I still think about Baby Bowden. His first season at AU was great. One of those early years he won them all, but they were on probation. He was a terrible recruiter, though, and so the Tigers had a big slide. He is living in Orlando now and I occasionally see him at the golf club where we go. Hopefully Zook will do well. After Spurrier, though, there is really only one direction a team can go. I miss him already and the season hasn't even started. I know all the other teams in the SEC are happy-happy-happy!

Gotta go. Wanted to get a post in before beddie bye.
Old 08-07-2002, 10:24 PM   #49  
sef

HiedieHo All!

Spent most of day in choir room filing and pulling music for coming months. I knew the files were is disarray when I volunteered for librarian, but it has really turned out to be worse than I thought and I can't work more than two or three hours. Choir practice tonight as we are singing Sunday. In two weeks we go back to regular schedule of every Sunday and practice for Christmas Contata.

DEB: Tell Circuit City you want a rain check. If they advertiase something unless it says "While Supplies Last" they have to give you the product.

QUILTER: Your spa visit sounded soooooo good! I think a massage is so luxurious.

QUIV: Was your BF hurt bad?

BOB: Prayers for your friends daughter. It is a reminder to all to be more alert and aware f your surroundings.

THUNDER: The 19th will soon be here. The last couple of weeks seem 9 months long!

I am tired so am going to watch some TV and stitch or do todays puzzles.

Take care. Shirley
Old 08-08-2002, 12:06 AM   #50  

Hi all!!

Just got back from vacation this evening. We has a wonderful time. we went to a resort for 4 days. I managed to stay OP. But I'm sure I ate to much. Anyway I'm glad to be back and here at the boards. I'll read the post later and get caught up. Gotta get ready for work tommorrow Have a wonderful evening!!!
Old 08-08-2002, 07:53 AM   #51  

Wow....Hubby started his vacation on Monday and I have not had the chance to pop in since that quick one then. My eating continued to be wretched but now hubby has left with DD to visit his parents and I am left at home with the 2 boys and all the assorted critters. I am hoping to get myself back in order. Sadly, I am tempted to just enjoy the rest of August and start fresh in September. The thing is I *know* I will just gain all that time and who needs that?!?! I hate this struggle.

I got some new kites for the boys and myself to fly. We will do some walks in the woods, lego building, bionicle wars (lego also) and some video tournaments. We have so much planned here and I get my new dishwasher delivered today! I can't install it though, I am not a plumber, so I have to wait to use it. My neighbour who goes to the pro-stock car races faithfully every Saturday night is taking me this weekend. Just us two girls (she lives alone and is 56) and I am getting a sitter for the boys. It should be fun to see the *real* cars after Monday's junkers.

BOB- You had me too!! I thought, 8 kids-poor woman!

I can't look back at the posts because this machine keeps freezing. I just send my greetings to all!
Old 08-08-2002, 09:35 AM   #52  

Default Happy Thursday - where did the week go?

I have finally found the time to post ¡V I have been working lots of overtime ¡V I am working late in the evenings on some projects where I have scanned some documents and are cleaning them up for our office to use¡K it takes time to clean up some of these documents because the copies I am scanning are really poor quality copies! My other project is to get all our computer programs, books, etc. in some kind of order ¡V right now it is all thrown into a large mess in a box in my office¡¦s closet¡K. I need the money as my trip to London is creeping up quickly! I cannot even express how excited I am about my trip coming up!

BOB ¡V you are just too funny about the school thing ¡V I sat and wondered, how did I miss the kids????? North Florida is getting some fantastic weather! We have that tropical storm system sitting off our coast blowing cool ocean breezes our way ¡V it is fabulous!!!!!! That is so awful about your friend¡¦s daughter ¡V such monsters in this world to do such things to innocent people¡K. I am with you about Lisa on BB ¡V definitely got to go!!!!

Jack-K ¡V I have been taking sinus medicine and it makes me retain water¡K.that is my guess for the weight gain, because last night I was up all night with trips to the loo ¡V and this morning I was down again! Yeah!!!!!!!!! I learned about different good foods to eat from Deb and Eli ¡V and so today I have packed my (cucumber, tomato, onion, mint, and feta salad) lunch with some whole wheat pita Deb ordered for us! Wonderful!!!!!

Thunderwoman ¡V I bet you cannot wait for that date to get here! Good luck at the hospital and a quick heal! Good for you sticking to Sugar Busters through the pregnancy!!!!

Sef ¡V Sounds like you sure volunteered yourself into a big mess ¡V I cannot believe how fast this year is moving along ¡V Christmas shopping needs to begin! AHHHHH¡K¡K

Mercy ¡V Glad you had a good vacation!!!!

Gracious ¡V Wow ¡V sounds like you have a lot of fun planned with the kiddos, along with congrats on the new washing machine!!! Have fun on your girl¡¦s night out too.

Monet ¡V that would be great if you make it to Orlando!!! I am not in the marathon, but plan to be on the side lines cheering our group on!!!!

Trish ¡V that is terrific that you were able to have no gains on your vacation! Keep up the good work!!!

Cheryl ¡V that is so wonderful about your weight, yuchy about the nasty pizza!

Rosalie ¡V what a bummer about the cable wire! It would drive me batty to not have my cable and internet ƒº Hope you have fun on your dinner cruise ¡V I would imagine they will have something for you for sure!

Fillise ¡V Well 249 is not a bad number ¡V considering we fought so hard to get there! So ¡V keep on doing the good job! I am right there with you at 248 this morning ¡V and very happy about it¡K..

Country ¡V I hope you start to feel better today!!! I had a bad time this month too ¡V felt the same way ¡V but lucky enough it was gone before I left for Miami ¡V or Deb would have thrown me out on my tushy!!! Hahahaha

Vesna ¡V That is great that you are enjoying your experience with showing your pottery and doing well! The pictures I saw were very good! I cannot imagine it not doing well!

Heart ¡V Hang in there ¡V I am not allowed water pills myself ¡V they are truly not good for you¡K.there are a lot of natural foods and things to help ¡V did you know that Vitamin C is a diuretic as well ¡V it will take some fluid out of you¡K..Asparagus is also a diuretic food¡K..

I got to get going ¡V but I am OP and enjoying it today with the weight sliding back off ¡V hopefully with all the stuff I learned from Deb, I will be trimmer in no time at all¡K.. Off to the doctor today to have my foot checked out - it is killing me - hopefully it is just some inflamed tendon and needs a cortisone shot - otherwise, I will be really upset if it is broken or I cannot use it!

Sabrina
272/248/157
Old 08-08-2002, 10:40 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy Thursday Gang,

Not much going on here. Don't really feel like working. I had to sta until 10:00 last nite. Went home and went straight to bed and back here first thing this morning. Sucks.

Question: Lite cool whip. Is it legal? It contain 2 grams of sugar. What do you all think?
Bob, You are crazy. 9 kids isn't something to even joke about. How horrible about your friends DD. I hope she gets lots of counseling. I hope the HIV tests show negative. Prayers for her and her family.

Thunderwoman. How exciting for you. I know you are miserable, but the excitement of a new precious baby girl is wonderful. The time will be here before you know it. Be sure to post a picture. Great going on doing SB through this. My DD's name is Ashley too.

Gator, cheesecake sounds so good. I have been out of agave and need to go get some (if they still have it). Make one for me. LOL. I'm a SEC girl, KY Wildcats, but never was a Spurrier fan. Ran the score up too much for me. and of course we were always on the low end.

Mercy, glad you had a good vacation and are back safe.

Gracious, don't wait for SEpt to start back. It's no fun losing the same weight twice. If you are up some now, by Sept it could be doubled. Jump on that wagon, it's coming around.

Sef, Hope your librarian job isn't more work than fun. Tackle small portions at a time.

Heartmom, Maybe you can find some natural diuretics, like lemon. Put it in your water. I know there are some others too. Hope Ashley has a nice first day back to school.

Tranquil, Glad your wt was back down today. Funny how our bodies work. Hope your foot is ok. I know how you like to exercise and that will hold you back. God getting al lthat overtime for your trip. It sounds like a great time. I had to work until 10:00 last nite, but the sad part is I don't get paid for overtime.

Have a great day everyone!

Jackie
257/179/145
10-10-01
Old 08-08-2002, 11:10 AM   #54  

Default Hello Again

Jack-K - Ewwww, working till 10 - that is a killer!!! Normally I don't get paid overtime as well - but, what I did was ask for extra work not pertaining to my every day job I could be paid extra for Yes, it is killing me that my foot hurts so much.... I am on it anyway - but had to cut my evening walk short because it was throbbing so badly - made it to 1 1/2 miles - which is not too bad, but the rest of my body was ready for 3 miles minimum!

I am trying to find the agave now that I tried Deb's sf cheesecake - oh was it delicious!!!! Sinfully so!!!! I found a new store around the corner from my house = and I am going to check it out on Saturday - hopefully they can also direct me to more stores in the area as well -

Well I better get busy!!! I am eager to get to the doctor! Between my eye and my foot - I might as well set up camp at the doctor's office! I should be on a good first name basis as well - hahaha - and on Monday I have my annual! Then I have a sun damage growth on my forehead that is really growing at an accelerated pace - that will have to be taken care of right away as well - hahaha - might as well just put me down - this old dog has seen her best days!

Sabrina
Old 08-08-2002, 01:13 PM   #55  

JACK-K- I did jump back on. I know it is best for me so here I am again. Someone please strap me on so I can't fall off!!
Old 08-08-2002, 01:50 PM   #56  

Please don't give up on me. I've got company from out of state who are going to be here for a week a half more. I'm doing good and staying OP. Even tho the goodies are floating everywhere. My DH is right now making homemade ice cream... I lost 3 lbs. this week. I was so excited on WIW but didn't get to post.... Hope everyone is doing fine. Will try to post more but its really
hard with little ones running around.

213/170.5/130
Old 08-08-2002, 02:42 PM   #57  

Hello,

I finally have a few minutes to give my input about our visit with Deb and family last weekend. She made such a good report that there I don't know if there is much I can add about what all we did, but I will try.

Deb is a real joy and inspiration to be with. She is very down to earth and has an "open book" type personality. I felt like I was visiting with an old friend that I hadn't seen in a long time. Meeting her in person, truly reinforced my belief of how blessed we all are to have her as our moderator and most important, our friend! She genuinely has a heart full of love and a selfless spirit of generosity towards other. I just fell in love with the whole family. ELI is a lot of fun and quite a personality, not to mention a fabulous cook. Michael and Lauren are just marvelous kids. They are talented, funny, intelligent and beautiful like their mother. Deb showed us pictures of when she was Lauren's age and they look like sisters. They kids were both a true delight to be with.

The "Wig Party" on Friday night was a blast. I can't remember the last time I laughed so much and just really let my hair down, so to speak. Or should I say let my hair up, in the BIG AFRO wig. I had forgotten that I could let myself be so silly, especially with wearing it to the yard sales. I enjoyed every minute of it though. I think the"wigfest" should be a part of every SB gathering that we have from now on! There will be lots of blackmail pictures form that night, I am sure.

And for those inquiring minds ......YES, we ate lots of good SB legal food. Deb has a house full of it! We were very privileged to have a peek at her very treasured and legal stash of mouth watering CHOCOLATE! Very impressive! She made her famous cheesecake and it was the first time I've tried it. Oh boy, was it ever luscious. For a moment, I felt like I could easily replace the woman in the Herbal Essence commercials! It was just out of this world!

Debbie, thanks for such a fabulous visit. I can't wait to do it again!

Well, the "proof is in the pudding" as the saying goes, and my weight is down to 215 this week. That is about 2 lbs less than last week, so you know we couldn't have behaved too badly. After all, we did have the constant threat of being thrown in the Detox Dungeon the whole weekend!

Now that I've told my side of the story, I will try to catch up on some posts: Looks like lots of us have been doing some traveling lately.

Monet, welcome back from vacation. Sounds like you had a great time. I hope to visit that part of the country one day. I know that I will be making a trip to Atlanta to see my Dad in the near future. I hope we can meet when I do.

Filise, I can imagine how happy Miss Belle was upon your return. My hounds were sure smiling and doing the happy dance when I picked them up from the boarding kennel.

catlover, WOW, you sure traveled through a lot of states! How long have you been playing golf? I've always thought about learning one day. I enjoy any sport where hitting a ball is involved. Only 1 lb gain, that is great!

Quilter, Glad to hear that you also had a wonderful visit with your friends. Aren't you just so proud of yourself for staying OP and not cheating? The Roman bath and massage sounded so divine! I totally agree with you, the fun and camaraderie of being with good friends is what makes the occasion feel so extraordinary. WTG on your weight loss! How did Paul get along while you were away?

Jack-K, you also need to brush up on your Spanish if you ever get to visit Deb in Miami. I didn't feel like we were still in Florida while at the malls as there sure wasn't much English being spoken.
I've almost bought the lite cool whip before but thought I read that the 2 grams of sugar was per serving. I love cool whip but decided against as I figured I would eat too much of it. I would be interested in knowing if it is legal, also. Glad you had a nice vacation in such a beautiful place. I wouldn't have been able to resist those Pina Coladas either!

BOB, so sorry to hear about your friends DD. She was so fortunate to have gotten away from those horrible men. I had a cousin that wasn't so lucky. She was raped and murdered about 16 years ago. My heart especially goes out to women that have been so terribly violated in that way.

On a lighter note, I agree! LISA HAS TO GO on BIG BROTHER!

Sef, you are always doing so much for others. It is evident that you truly have a servant's heart and spirit!

Tranquil, hope you get some relief for the foot. Nah, The old dog doesn't need to be put down. Maybe just adopted in to a home for some TLC and one that can afford her Vet bills. LOL

There are so many more post I want to reply to, but have to scoot for now. I will try to catch up with more later.

Some good news on the home front! The ex-2-b has found an apartment and is moving out next week. Hopefully, the task of starting to divide belongings won't get too difficult.

I'm going to try to attach a pic of Tranquil, Deb and myself at Eli's new Starbucks. If it comes out Ok, you might be able to see Deb doing little finger tricks behind our heads!

Take Care!

Wendy

Last edited by Serene; 08-08-2002 at 02:50 PM.
Old 08-08-2002, 02:55 PM   #58  

Deb, I was unable to vote on the poll also. You can put me down for a size 10. BTW, I love the shoes you helped me find at Penney's. You were right! They are so comfortable! Thanks!
Old 08-08-2002, 03:54 PM   #59  

Hi all.... It has been a long time. It has been crazy around here and to top it all off I had surgery last Tuesday. I had to have my ovaries and tubes removed (already had the other stuff removed 9 years ago). Dr. said I had a cyst and it was growing and because of age, past history and that it was growing that I should have them removed. Well after the pathology report it wasn't a cyst it was a tumor, bignign (sp) and the size of a tennis ball. I am doing fine. I feel stronger every day. I will be off work for 8 weeks so this should allow me to check in more often.

Trust everyone is doing great. Will check back in later today.

Cyndi
Old 08-08-2002, 04:56 PM   #60  

Red1 - you poor thing! Wishing you a speedy recovery!!!!

Well, I went to dr. and he said NO MORE WALKING and that I have to have an xray/bone scan done in the morning at 8 a.m. because he believes that it is a stress fracture - - but meanwhile he said 10 weeks minimum to heal - I leave in 7 weeks for London!!!

Sabrina
Closed Thread